Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Duchess of Sussex to publish children's book 'The Bench' based on Prince Harry's relationship with Archie

The Duchess of Sussex has written a children’s book about the “special bond” between father and son which evolved from a poem she wrote for Prince Harry on Father’s Day.

The story, called The Bench, is Meghan’s first foray into children’s literature.

It was inspired by the relationship between her husband, the Duke of Sussex, and their son, Archie, who turns two on Thursday.

Illustrated by San Francisco-based artist Christian Robinson, the 40-page book, aimed at children aged three to seven, will be published on June 8.

The Duchess, 39, said: “The Bench started as a poem I wrote for my husband on Father’s Day, the month after Archie was born.

“That poem became this story. Christian layered in beautiful and ethereal watercolor illustrations that capture the warmth, joy, and comfort of the relationship between fathers and sons from all walks of life; this representation was particularly important to me, and Christian and I worked closely to depict this special bond through an inclusive lens.

“My hope is that The Bench resonates with every family, no matter the makeup, as much as it does with mine.”

The Duchess, who is heavily pregnant with her second child, a daughter, will narrate the audiobook edition herself.

In a press release, publisher Penguin Random House described Meghan as “a mother, wife, feminist, and activist” who “currently resides in her home state of California with her family, two dogs, and a growing flock of rescue chickens.”

It added: “Through the nonprofit work of the Archewell Foundation, she and her husband are committed to activating compassion in communities across the world.”

The publisher said of the book: “The Duchess of Sussex’s debut touchingly captures the evolving and expanding relationship between fathers and sons and reminds us of the many ways that love can take shape and be expressed in a modern family.”

“Evoking a deep sense of warmth, connection, and compassion, The Bench gives readers a window into shared and enduring moments between a diverse group of fathers and sons—moments of peace and reflection, trust and belief, discovery and learning, and lasting comfort.”

A spokesperson for the Duchess declined to say whether she was contracted to write further books.

Mallory Loehr, executive vice president of Random House Books for Young Readers Group, said: “Meghan’s touching text explores the relationship between fathers and sons and undeniably tugs at the heartstrings that parents and caregivers feel.

“Christian’s art beautifully matches the tender emotion of Meghan’s words, and every spread is infused with a vibrant sense of joy and love. The Bench is timeless—it feels destined to become one of those books that people will be reading for generations to come.”

It comes after the Duke revealed during his televised Oprah Winfrey interview that his relationship with his own father, the Prince of Wales, had disintegrated.

He said Prince Charles, 72, had stopped taking his calls after he “took matters into his own hands” by stepping away from royal duties, adding: “There’s a lot to work through there. I feel really let down because he’s been through something similar.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494June 10, 2021 4:43 PM

That's great and I just know everyone on DL will be delighted and get their pre-orders for the book in ASAP

Kisses

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2021 3:56 PM

The Bitch? And I'm sure she must have copied and pasted from so many sources this time. What a plagiarizing cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2021 3:58 PM

The Evil Queen decreed that Archie would not be a Prince.

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2021 3:58 PM

She really is a go-getter.

The lady does know how to make a buck.

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2021 4:00 PM

It will be all about the narcissist and her selflessness and what a victim of circumstance she is. Pass the bucket. It will fail the way everything she does fails . Narcissistic failure. Aging whore.

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2021 4:10 PM

Anything for a buck.

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2021 4:53 PM

Yet another talentless ‘celebrity’ who thinks that writing a children’s book is a doddle.

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2021 4:53 PM

Reminds me of what Annie Lebowitz said: just because you can write a book doesn’t mean you should! There are too many bad books. Also think about the trees!!!

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2021 5:10 PM

She might sell a bunch of these to fraus who want to please their husbands on Father’s Day. (Most men just want a day off to play golf and drink beer, but you know.)

It’s easy to write a children’s book. So many celebrities do. It’s rare to be able to connect to children, though, and for them to want the same book read to them every night. In my experience, they like silly books. Sentimental books like “The Giving Tree” can be popular, but it’s kind of the exception.

I bet a million bucks her book is a rip-off of the Silverstein classic. (His illustrations absolutely made that book. Without them, I’m not sure how enduring and special it would have been.)

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2021 5:13 PM

The DUCHESS of Sussex. Tee hee.

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2021 5:14 PM

I meant fran liebowitz

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2021 5:19 PM

From the first couple of pages it looks like absolute cack...

And here in the window I’ll have tears of great joy

Looking out at My Love And our beautiful boy

The average 10 year old would write something more compelling. The ONLY reason this has been published is because of who she is married to...which is fucking shocking considering how difficult it is for genuinely talented writers to gain attention.

Hope the critics laugh at it like they did her shitty Disney narration.

by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2021 5:27 PM

It's no Budgie the Helicopter

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2021 5:38 PM

The Duchess of Sussex said in a statement:

“The Bench started as a poem I wrote for my husband on Father’s Day, the month after Archie was born. That poem became this story. Christian layered in beautiful and ethereal watercolor illustrations that capture the warmth, joy, and comfort of the relationship between fathers and sons from all walks of life; this representation was particularly important to me, and Christian and I worked closely to depict this special bond through an inclusive lens. My hope is that The Bench resonates with every family, no matter the makeup, as much as it does with mine.”

BARF BAG INCLUDED WITH PURCHASE !!!!!

by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2021 5:40 PM

But it isn't about Harry and Archie. It about ME' S reaction and feelings about H&A. So, true to get megalomaniacal form, it is about ME, ME, ME! Dreadful woman.

by Anonymousreply 15May 4, 2021 5:45 PM

The author bio:

Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex, is a mother, wife, feminist, and activist. Through the nonprofit work of the Archewell Foundation, she and her husband are committed to activating compassion in communities across the world. She currently resides in her home state of California with her family, two dogs, and a growing flock of rescue chickens.

by Anonymousreply 16May 4, 2021 5:49 PM

This makes as much sense as her buddy Oprah writing a diet book.

by Anonymousreply 17May 4, 2021 5:53 PM

An “inclusive lens”.

There will be Spanish and Mandarin editions, too, right?

by Anonymousreply 18May 4, 2021 5:54 PM

Looks like a nice book. Nothing to see here, move along.

by Anonymousreply 19May 4, 2021 5:56 PM

Is she scheming to deliver the baby on the June 8th pub date?

by Anonymousreply 20May 4, 2021 5:57 PM

R12, I thought you were joking, but those are actual quotes. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 21May 4, 2021 6:03 PM

The comments from readers are the best!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 4, 2021 6:11 PM

"My love and our beautiful boy . . ."

Portrayed yet again by Meghan the Fantasist as very white ginger-haired kid, when in fact he now looks like this, with hair much more like Meghan's growing in over his former reddish baby growth.

The verbiage is literally vomit-inducing. That Random House agreed to publish this, and charge £18.99 for it, is shocking.

And she's still billing herself as the Duchess of Sussex - because linked, not ranked, is what really matters to her, and she'll cling to the title bestowed upon her by what her BFF Omid Scobie scathingly called "toxic and archaic".

I'm sure the father Harry stuck the boot into by throwing said Papa's family under the bus just can't wait to read it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 4, 2021 6:13 PM

Jesus, she really is fucking totally tone-deaf, isn't she?!

In the window with tears of joy at the workaday soldier greeting his son??? Harry hasn't been in fatigues since he left the army, only dress uniforms, long before he even started dating Meghan.

It's all fantasy, Meghan's fantasy world, and written in language so awful that her editor at Random House probably suffered brain damage banging his head against the wall when left alone with the manuscript.

Dear God. It really is THE LIMIT in giving juvenile crap a pass because Harry Met Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 24May 4, 2021 6:18 PM

She just tries everything seeing if something will stick. Not a bad strategy, considering it got her this far in life. From what I have read of the little posted, I don't think it will be a big hit with kids, she limited her market to boys, since she didn't toss in daughters. I suspect that was because she didn't want to "shine a light" on the lack of relationship with her own father.

by Anonymousreply 25May 4, 2021 6:19 PM

Ah, and Meghan would, of course, be an expert in father/child relationships, wouldn't she?

Oh, wait: this is only about fathers and sons - there wouldn't be any overlap there. Well, that's all right, then, innit.

by Anonymousreply 26May 4, 2021 6:20 PM

[quote] And here in the window I’ll have tears of great joy, Looking out at My Love And our beautiful boy

Hahahahaha, omFg!!!

by Anonymousreply 27May 4, 2021 6:26 PM

I’m sure Prince Charles will treasure his copy. The special bond between father and son is so dear to his heart right about now.

What a titanic act of cuntery by Ms. Markle.

by Anonymousreply 28May 4, 2021 6:28 PM

Haha, the BALLS on our Meg. Have fractured relationship with father? Helped cause rupture between father and son? No problem - write a book about father-son relationship! Amazing. More and more, I'm convinced the winning strategy for any politician or celebrity in a jam is to simply triple down and brazen it out. Like Andrew Cuomo the other day scolding people about "killing your grandmother" or whatever it was. Unbelievable. Admirable, really.

by Anonymousreply 29May 4, 2021 6:29 PM

LOLOLOLOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 4, 2021 6:30 PM

R25, she’s shining a light on her own husband’s relationship with his father.

Too bad Prince Philip died before it was published. She could have twisted three knives at once.

by Anonymousreply 31May 4, 2021 6:31 PM

Once upon a time a beautiful princess with freckles and lovely light brown skin lived in a very tiny cottage with her handsome prince. One day, the prince's brother and his evil white-skinned wife knocked on the door and made the princess feel very bad for having freckles and lovely brown skin . . .

by Anonymousreply 32May 4, 2021 6:33 PM

This destructive harridan sure has a lot of nerve. And a book on fatherly love? What a fucking cunt. It’s been at least 3 years since she’s talked to her dad, the one who raised her and put her in private school, got her auditions and left her with zero student loans. I thought she accused the BRF of racism. She sure has no problem using the title from them.

by Anonymousreply 33May 4, 2021 6:41 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 34May 4, 2021 6:45 PM

[quote]It's no Budgie the Helicopter

Hah, I was thinking that too - taking a page out of the old Fergie play book. Next she'll be caught sucking toes - maybe she can suck Andy Cohen's toes

by Anonymousreply 35May 4, 2021 6:53 PM

When I checked the Amazon Best Sellers Rank a little over an hour ago, it was ranked #101,637

It's currently: #126 in Books

I guess it's true that there's a sucker born every minute.

by Anonymousreply 36May 4, 2021 6:57 PM

^^I wouldn't be surprised to see it in a big bin at Costco for $5

by Anonymousreply 37May 4, 2021 6:59 PM

This Lipstick Alley poster is spot on:

"It's terrible text. And these are the pages that they release to try to sell the book! Imagine how bad the text is on the other pages...

Like I said, this is not a book intended for kids to enjoy. It is a book intended to make her look saintly. That's it. She can't even remove herself as the narrator because it is pretty much impossible for her to conceive of any point of view other than her own."

by Anonymousreply 38May 4, 2021 7:00 PM

R36 I guess those are just preorders by the Meghstans and bots.

by Anonymousreply 39May 4, 2021 7:01 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 40May 4, 2021 7:02 PM

Will she tape herself reading that crap book to baby Diana-Arielle like she did with poor Archie and that Oprah Book Club book?

by Anonymousreply 41May 4, 2021 7:04 PM

This is the Meghan I love: grand, mawkish, hustling.

Her own dear daddy was fodder for her frau blog; now it's Archie and Harry who provide content.

by Anonymousreply 42May 4, 2021 7:06 PM

It's so much fun watching you Klan Grannies have a bitch orgasm over a stupid kid's book. Squee!

Well, I have to run, the bank just called and wants me to come down and count a bunch more million$ that just came in

Toodles!

by Anonymousreply 43May 4, 2021 7:06 PM

[quote] When I checked the Amazon Best Sellers Rank a little over an hour ago, it was ranked #101,637

[quote] It's currently: #126 in Books

It's the Oprah effect.

Meghan knows full well that anyone or anything that touches Oprah, turns to gold.

That's why she did the interview. And that's why she's becoming so popular now.

by Anonymousreply 44May 4, 2021 7:13 PM

“By Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex”

She is a pretentious lil madam

by Anonymousreply 45May 4, 2021 7:14 PM

Megz and Harry trying so hard to convince Americans that they are our Royal Couple.

I detest them and the gullible sheep that buy this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 46May 4, 2021 7:15 PM

This one will attempt to outdo Madonna's "The English Roses" as an eruption of narcissistic victimhood.

by Anonymousreply 47May 4, 2021 7:16 PM

R45 - I'm surprised she didn't use HRH to stick her finger up at the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 48May 4, 2021 7:17 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 49May 4, 2021 7:17 PM

If Meghan wants to write a children's book she has every right to so. No one is pointing a gun to your head and forcing you to buy it.

by Anonymousreply 50May 4, 2021 7:17 PM

I can’t breathe, and neither can my mother!

by Anonymousreply 51May 4, 2021 7:22 PM

This will be a good litmus test of her popularity.

From what little has been released, her creativity is near deceased.

by Anonymousreply 52May 4, 2021 7:30 PM

I hope Kyle Dunnigan makes a video of Meghan narrating it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 4, 2021 7:30 PM

If Meghan is reading the audio version, I’m betting her reading will include subliminal messages to benefit her coffers.

by Anonymousreply 54May 4, 2021 7:31 PM

R50 = Captain Obvious

by Anonymousreply 55May 4, 2021 7:32 PM

In advance of the reviews, I'd like to pre-ask if she's ok.

by Anonymousreply 56May 4, 2021 7:32 PM

Dad, I made a huge mistake. I can't take much more of this cloying, needy, pretentious minimally talented woman. Have you seen her "book?" And this gooey rubbish is supposed to be an homage a moi! Remember when you had to pretend to like mom's dancing? This is 100 times worse! At least our family knows we are intellectual lightweights and have no point other than waving at people. I love you Dad!

by Anonymousreply 57May 4, 2021 7:33 PM

She is said to be donating 10 copies and an Instagram post to our country. We are so excited as there is a rumour the inks are vegetable based.

by Anonymousreply 58May 4, 2021 7:34 PM

[quote]She is a pretentious lil madam

I fucked him, therefore I am.

by Anonymousreply 59May 4, 2021 7:34 PM

"Kl*n Gr*nny is an ageist misogynist slur. "

Damn right it is, cunt

by Anonymousreply 60May 4, 2021 7:40 PM

How is this an interesting book for children?

by Anonymousreply 61May 4, 2021 7:41 PM

Because, it's about me.

by Anonymousreply 62May 4, 2021 7:43 PM

What does Bench mean? Is it about Archie getting benched and having to sit out and Harry not playing him?

by Anonymousreply 63May 4, 2021 7:44 PM

“Looking out at My Love And our beautiful boy”

What is with this confusing text and capitalization? It’s really going to confuse kids.

by Anonymousreply 64May 4, 2021 7:49 PM

It’s a meaningful symbol of our hearth and home, R63.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 4, 2021 7:50 PM

R55 - Obvious what???

by Anonymousreply 66May 4, 2021 7:50 PM

And any resemblance to this bench is purely coincidental.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 4, 2021 7:54 PM

Purely coincidental

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 4, 2021 7:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 4, 2021 7:57 PM

The Duchess of Sux is coming! And this time she has a children’s book! Run for your lives!

by Anonymousreply 70May 4, 2021 7:57 PM

Scathing article about Manic Me-again VS TRF. It is too kind to him though, imo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71May 4, 2021 7:59 PM

This guy comes by now and then to watch our rescue chickens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 4, 2021 8:00 PM

R69-- She looks demented in that picture. Like a vampire about bite her on her neck. B No wonder children cry and try to get away from her.

by Anonymousreply 73May 4, 2021 8:12 PM

She's an awful, self promoting person, but she does write well.

And, like it or not, the book will do well. It will appeal to the Goop crowd and young moms of color.

by Anonymousreply 74May 4, 2021 8:15 PM

^ Are you high, Clairee?

'This is your bench, Where life begins, For you and our son our baby, our kin'.

by Anonymousreply 75May 4, 2021 8:16 PM

It's a children's book, R75. Not shakespeare.

by Anonymousreply 76May 4, 2021 8:18 PM

She writes like a child in 5th grade filled with Disney World visions of a Cinderella life.

Not to insult 5th graders.

by Anonymousreply 77May 4, 2021 8:19 PM

She is so completely embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 78May 4, 2021 8:19 PM

She's gonna get eaten alive.

by Anonymousreply 79May 4, 2021 8:21 PM

She really is, R78. She is also a terrible role model for little girls. Just awful.

by Anonymousreply 80May 4, 2021 8:21 PM

[quote]It's a children's book, [R75]. Not shakespeare.

Don't ignore the world of great children's writing for this dilettante.

by Anonymousreply 81May 4, 2021 8:23 PM

R81, most books for young children are awful. As I said, no worse than Goodnight Moon where 'clocks wear socks' because you know...it rhymes.

by Anonymousreply 82May 4, 2021 8:25 PM

What high standards you have. Like everything's crap, so let's not ask for better. Let's trade on our name selling shit? Interesting values.

by Anonymousreply 83May 4, 2021 8:27 PM

She's getting to be like kudzu, cancer. EVERY DAY there is more and more of her. A totally useless human cipher. We *have* to get rid of them.

by Anonymousreply 84May 4, 2021 8:30 PM

This is the true reason why she was pissed off and wanted to be a part time Royal. She was not allowed to write books, give interviews, attend unsanctioned red carpets/parties, in other words, BE THE HUGE CELEBRITY she always wanted to be. She only wanted to be a Princess in name. Not in deed. She wanted the status without having to do any of the public service. She is a vile creature and so is Harry. Her book should be entitled “The Dumbfuck and Archie”, if it is about her husband and their kid.

by Anonymousreply 85May 4, 2021 8:30 PM

[R71] That’s a hideous picture of her. I have to hand it to her for forging ahead in life like a tractor, looking like a tractor.

by Anonymousreply 86May 4, 2021 8:31 PM

R75 Goodnight Moon IS Shakespeare compared to this spur of the moment preachy doggerel by some rando rich person then you don't know kids and you don't know me.

by Anonymousreply 87May 4, 2021 8:32 PM

The really awful thing about it, is that it really IS about Meghan, not Harry and Archie, or any other fathers and sons.

It is through Meghan's eyes, which she presents as something benign and generous of spirit.

But in reality, it's always about her. Because everything is about her, everything has to he about her and what she feels and thinks and believes and most of all, what she wants the Viewer to believe about her.

She is virtually talentless. Her acting was dire, she can't write, her dress sense is terrible, her nature transparently spiteful, she has a terrible figure, and she's a proven liar.

But her off the charts narcissism propelled a talent for ruthless self-promotion breathaking in scope.

And it landed her a British prince, a royal title worth millions in promotional ventures via contracts that unknowns with actual talent never get a shot at, and a book so terribly written it would embarrass a 14 year old - published by one of the most respected names in book publishing.

It's enough to turn one into an atheist.

by Anonymousreply 88May 4, 2021 8:33 PM

Shit, that was for R76. The internet hasn't been invented yet.

by Anonymousreply 89May 4, 2021 8:34 PM

It is not worthy when you write

To put it down so words take flight

Don't think so much that time will pass.

Just pull some words out of your ass.

A prince, some kin, a bench, some sky -

The best of words come after By -

by Anonymousreply 90May 4, 2021 8:35 PM

Hope it flops!

by Anonymousreply 91May 4, 2021 8:36 PM

Ry4 She WRITES WELL!????!!!

You're easy to please.

Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 92May 4, 2021 8:37 PM

^*R74

by Anonymousreply 93May 4, 2021 8:37 PM

R83 children's books are all awful by nature...because the audience is simple and so is the prose.

by Anonymousreply 94May 4, 2021 8:38 PM

The Klan Grannies in this thread are just SEETHING with jealousy!

Meghan is racking up million dollar deals and the KG's can't stand it!!

by Anonymousreply 95May 4, 2021 8:41 PM

No, they aren't all awful.

Charlotte's web, the Madeleine series, the Borrower's series. Dr. Seuss, the writings of Maurice Sendak, A.A. Milne, Beatrix Potter.

Don't bullshit because your horse is good for the glue factory. It is categorically untrue that children's books are awful by nature.

by Anonymousreply 96May 4, 2021 8:42 PM

Come back, KGT, and we'll talk Ishtar when it sinks like a stone.

by Anonymousreply 97May 4, 2021 8:43 PM

I'm no fan of Meagan, R95, but even I'm not so blinded by hate that I can't see that the book will do well.

by Anonymousreply 98May 4, 2021 8:43 PM

LIttle reader, I fucked him.

The End.

by Anonymousreply 99May 4, 2021 8:44 PM

R96 you're comparing books meant for older children to books meant for toddlers on down. World of difference.

by Anonymousreply 100May 4, 2021 8:44 PM

Face it, every black woman will buy a copy.

by Anonymousreply 101May 4, 2021 8:47 PM

So Meghan writing a book is now the latest thing to be pissed about. Micro aggressions anyone? Or is it the overwhelmingly successful Vaxlive that proved that the Sussex are in demand and surviving out of the UK. They just keep winning

by Anonymousreply 102May 4, 2021 8:48 PM

Toddlers don't get prose. They get images. If you're going to the trouble of rhyming, you're not providing a couple of words underneath an illustration. You're the one who doesn't know what you're talking about.

Sendak wrote for 4 - 8 year olds.

Suess wrote for toddlers and upward.

Stop trying to spin the fact your frame of reference stops at a rack in Target.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 4, 2021 8:48 PM

Thanks R101 for proving it is about race.

by Anonymousreply 104May 4, 2021 8:49 PM

[99] ROFL!

by Anonymousreply 105May 4, 2021 8:49 PM

R102 go get help.

Seriously, you need help.

by Anonymousreply 106May 4, 2021 8:49 PM

It's such bad writing at least there's certainty she wrote it herself.

by Anonymousreply 107May 4, 2021 8:51 PM

Getting pissed because someone is writing a children's book isn't normal. It is either trolling or mental health issues. No mentally well person would start spewing venom because someone wrote a book. Piers and his article in the daily mail is proof. It's about something else.

by Anonymousreply 108May 4, 2021 8:52 PM

R103 the recommended age for Suess is 4 to 7.

Again, you're comparing books for older children when something like Goodnight Moon is more comparable?

And no shit on the prose. That's my point and why most childre books are awful. It's all rhyming because young children like the repetitive sounds.

by Anonymousreply 109May 4, 2021 8:54 PM

Well if you look at what she's written, R109, you can tell she's aiming higher than Goodnight Moon.

She's missed, plainly.

by Anonymousreply 110May 4, 2021 8:56 PM

This is, as the kids say, cringe.

by Anonymousreply 111May 4, 2021 8:57 PM

R100 So does this sound like a book for toddlers?

“The Duchess of Sussex’s debut touchingly captures the evolving and expanding relationship between fathers and sons and reminds us of the many ways that love can take shape and be expressed in a modern family.”

Just who do you think she is really writing this for dearie?

by Anonymousreply 112May 4, 2021 8:58 PM

Dr. Seuss’s 100 First Words

PRODUCT DETAILS

Board Book | $11.99 Published by Random House Books for Young Readers May 08, 2018 | 16 Pages | 10 x 10 | [bold]Baby-3[/bold] | ISBN 9781524770877

by Anonymousreply 113May 4, 2021 8:59 PM

R110, I have...and it's not. It's also not nearly as awful as you all here would like it to be.

by Anonymousreply 114May 4, 2021 8:59 PM

R114 is a unique Megastan... they don't usually play the long game this well.

by Anonymousreply 115May 4, 2021 9:00 PM

R99 LMAO!

by Anonymousreply 116May 4, 2021 9:00 PM

R98 many of us have said it is likely to do well. It's why it will do well that is so sad.

by Anonymousreply 117May 4, 2021 9:00 PM

R112 geeze..the parents????? You know, the people who actually buy the books because your average 1 year old doesn't look at the book jacket.

by Anonymousreply 118May 4, 2021 9:00 PM

Kids can smell disingenuous preachy treacle a mile away.

The very small ones like repetition. A little older, they like lots of silly. A little older, they like well-constructed fantasy or very true things they can relate to.

If there’s a LESSON, it must be skillfully inserted (that’s what she said) and not a ham-handed wallop of FEEELZ.

by Anonymousreply 119May 4, 2021 9:02 PM

You’ve been waiting, here it is: The Boy on the Bench by Corinne Evariss. Even the illustrations are similar.

by Anonymousreply 120May 4, 2021 9:02 PM

The Daily mail has an article. The comments are already in the thousands. The comments are being monitored by an off-site watchdog group that has UK media as some of its member who wish to remain anonymous. The racism in the comments is off the charts. It's very illuminating. Also comments have already been flagged that look suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 121May 4, 2021 9:06 PM

As I said much further down, WOMEN will buy this for their husbands to read to their sons. It will sell well to that specific demographic.

As for families which do not have fathers, they’re shit outta luck. Maybe The Duchess will write one for Little Diana and Little Lillibet.

by Anonymousreply 122May 4, 2021 9:09 PM

R113 that book isn't what you think it is...which is funny. It's no Cat in the Hat.

by Anonymousreply 123May 4, 2021 9:09 PM

It's already hit the bestsellers list in the Us and is 6th in France. It's rising in Europe and is trending in Canada. It's a success already.

by Anonymousreply 124May 4, 2021 9:16 PM

I searched a quote from the book, and got this as the first result-

"Proverbs 24:21-22Living Bible (TLB) 21-22 My son, watch your step before the Lord and the king, and don't associate with radicals. For you will go down with them to sudden disaster, and who knows where it all will end?"

I think it's a message for Harry.

by Anonymousreply 125May 4, 2021 9:18 PM

Hey at least the book has actual representational illustrations, unlike that horrible minimalist white rabbit book Megan was reading to Archie on her lap.

by Anonymousreply 126May 4, 2021 9:18 PM

It's the 'The Feds Are Watching' Troll at R121! Still waiting for psychiatric intervention, dear?

by Anonymousreply 127May 4, 2021 9:19 PM

R118 Bingo.

by Anonymousreply 128May 4, 2021 9:20 PM

How does a person walk around calling themselves the actual Duchess of Sussex when they live in California and have done jack for the Commonwealth or whatever, and plan to do even less in the future??

She makes my head hurt.

And Megan, how would this story about a father, mother, and son be considered as inclusive and relatable to all families?

by Anonymousreply 129May 4, 2021 9:22 PM

I’m with R42!

by Anonymousreply 130May 4, 2021 9:24 PM

I'll wait until it's on sale at Dollar Tree and buy some for gag gifts for my friends.

by Anonymousreply 131May 4, 2021 9:25 PM

Oh please, R108. Take the serious stick out of your ass.

No one here gives a flying fuck. We’re just having some fun.

by Anonymousreply 132May 4, 2021 9:31 PM

R129, there’s a POC in it, okay?

I’m not sure how many families actually consist of a mother/father/child(ren). I know plenty in my affluent white bubble, but there are as many who are not configured that way - I’d guess a good 40%.

by Anonymousreply 133May 4, 2021 9:33 PM

Now #26 on Amazon. It’s rising with a bullet!

Good thing I have security! Oh, wait.....

by Anonymousreply 134May 4, 2021 9:34 PM

Sales are almost incidental, IMO.

This was written in exile as a bitch slap to Harry’s father and his father’s father. It’s a variation of the Oprah interview.

by Anonymousreply 135May 4, 2021 9:35 PM

Written, it would seem, in haste.

by Anonymousreply 136May 4, 2021 9:36 PM

There’s also a bench in it, R133.

Don’t forget the bench!!!

Winner, winner. Rescue chicken dinner

by Anonymousreply 137May 4, 2021 9:36 PM

Pedo Andy! And but Kate's skirts! And RACISM! And rescue chickens! And paper cuts!

by Anonymousreply 138May 4, 2021 9:37 PM

Anything that Meg-a-han is involved with has a bitch in it......oh I misread your post R137. Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 139May 4, 2021 9:39 PM

Sunshine Sacks should be embarrassed, humiliated keep taking money from such a unlikable, untalented, spiteful, and grasping whore. Just think of all of the people with talent, who have worked so hard trying to get one little break in life so they put their talent and hard work to good use. Talented people who would do some good in this world. No wonder they, and she, are so justifiably hated. Sunshine Sacks will be markled, I do hope. This is why people loathe the rich now. Much more than ever.

by Anonymousreply 140May 4, 2021 9:39 PM

Water seeks its own level. ^

by Anonymousreply 141May 4, 2021 9:42 PM

You do business with the kinds of companies and suppliers who will do the kind of work you want.

by Anonymousreply 142May 4, 2021 9:43 PM

I do wonder what other creative types think about all the breaks the Sussexes are getting handed to them. Actors, writers, filmmakers, podcasters, etc. Maybe the New York and Hollywood communities make a public show of liking them, but how do they really feel within the industry?

by Anonymousreply 143May 4, 2021 9:44 PM

R127 claiming someone needs intervention, meds, Xanax is trolling 101 dear. It's on the thread about trolling someone else posted during the elections. Do keep up

by Anonymousreply 144May 4, 2021 9:47 PM

SS and the vapid Spongebob are going to spend millions buying all of these books, snort. 🤭

by Anonymousreply 145May 4, 2021 9:49 PM

R132 134s comment. That's just having fun?

by Anonymousreply 146May 4, 2021 9:50 PM

R135 no the sales are indicative of the global opinion not incidental. It's hard to claim someone is a pariah, unpopular etc when they write a children's book and it hits the top ten. It's direct proof that the issues with Meghan are a UK Brf UK media thing.

by Anonymousreply 147May 4, 2021 9:54 PM

R146 aka Megh, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 148May 4, 2021 9:54 PM

R146--;Stop adding to the numbers then, since you are so OFFENDED by them. Tiresome PR bores, wasting your time here because we give no fucks about your trolling.

by Anonymousreply 149May 4, 2021 9:54 PM

R140 - Sunshine Sachs represented Harvey Weinstein.

You were saying?

by Anonymousreply 150May 4, 2021 9:54 PM

R140, that’s true. They’ll get Markled eventually. So far the only two people who haven’t been are Doria and Markus.

by Anonymousreply 151May 4, 2021 9:54 PM

She’s shameless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152May 4, 2021 9:56 PM

Block R147 and those weirdo messages trying to make this book happen magically disappear ...

SS seems to be pretty busy today.

by Anonymousreply 153May 4, 2021 9:56 PM

One can easily manipulate sales and preorder numbers.

Let's wait how many copies will be REALLY sold.

by Anonymousreply 154May 4, 2021 9:57 PM

Is Meghan going to promote this book while heavily pregnant/with a newborn? I guess it doesn’t take much work to record a few zoom calls with CBS and Gayle. Usually celebs do the rounds of morning shows/talk shows to promote their books. I’m very interested to see how the promotion rolls out.

by Anonymousreply 155May 4, 2021 10:01 PM

And don’t they have an addendum to “Finding Freedom” coming out?

I guess it’s the shotgun approach.

by Anonymousreply 156May 4, 2021 10:02 PM

It's just hit the #1 bestsellers list on Amazon USA. Like I said it's an indicator.

by Anonymousreply 157May 4, 2021 10:02 PM

R155 The Daily mail just gave the book the biggest promotion ever. Let's face it. Would you have known about the book today if not for their article handily posted on DL.

by Anonymousreply 158May 4, 2021 10:06 PM

What a sweet mum. You Meghan haters arts just bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 159May 4, 2021 10:07 PM

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

How insane is her PR? Spongebob Whore herself? They keep posting here knowing we either laugh at them or pity them . Baffling.

by Anonymousreply 160May 4, 2021 10:08 PM

It’s not as if it’s the first time that she’s been accused of plagiarism.

by Anonymousreply 161May 4, 2021 10:09 PM

P-U-K-E.

by Anonymousreply 162May 4, 2021 10:14 PM

It’s #26 overall on Amazon but #1 in Children’s Black and African American Story Books

by Anonymousreply 163May 4, 2021 10:15 PM

R160 calling someone who calls out your trolling PR. Also in the trolling playbook. You forgot to add Sunshine Sachs. Calling someone a whore for writing a children's book. Not normal.

by Anonymousreply 164May 4, 2021 10:19 PM

The Bench of Montecito, built on a house of elitism, striving, and Katherine McPhee’s original nose tip

by Anonymousreply 165May 4, 2021 10:23 PM

Like throwing spaghetti against a wall to see what sticks, once again Meghan Markle pops up with more PR relating to book promotion.

The PR excepts released are APPALLINGLY poor. The lines she wrote are.....just embarrassingly awful.

And contrary to what R76, R82 et al would have everyone believe, children’s books can be good. Although small, they, even toddlers can sense interesting juxtapositions and novel ideas. But they run from insincerity or treacle. Likely a result of a reliance on instinct and intuition.

If this is any indication of the previous connections Markle has exhibited with children, I anticipate they will run From the book, not Toward it.

The illustrations seem decent.

At some point, Markle and her simp of a husband will become so overexposed that they will become universally reviled. Although they might maintain a small cult of (PR?)-related hanger-ons, people will tire of them. Even beloved celebrities (Bey/Taylor Swift/JLaw), have faded and some fallen because individuals tire of being assaulted with the minutiae of their “celebrity” lives.

Now that the pandemic has some questioning the whole concept of celebrity, things may change.

This can’t come soon enough for Meghan and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 166May 4, 2021 10:30 PM

The new BRF yacht. Cost 200 million. Built on the backs of the UK populus who need footballers to help feed them and who are struggling during covid. Nothing elite about that.

by Anonymousreply 167May 4, 2021 10:31 PM

R166 talking about future events wishing they would happen isn't reality. Everytime the Sussex succeed the goalposts move to the future where they are reviled etc. It doesn't wipe out their current success. Wanting people to fail. Who does that.

by Anonymousreply 168May 4, 2021 10:35 PM

I don't know why you're all so surprised. She's pretty good at making up stories for attention.

by Anonymousreply 169May 4, 2021 10:36 PM

The bitch would take credit for "Little Black Sambo" if she thought she could make a buck from it.

by Anonymousreply 170May 4, 2021 10:37 PM

R163, that’s interesting. Is it because the author is biracial and the illustrator black? I haven’t seen the entire book but I’ve read that there’s a black father depicted in it. The story doesn’t seem to be ABOUT black people.

by Anonymousreply 171May 4, 2021 10:37 PM

^^ I almost put “author” in quotes above, but judging from the excerpts, it’s just the kind of overwrought frau-kibble she writes. It’s her voice, all right.

by Anonymousreply 172May 4, 2021 10:39 PM

I thought it was odd myself R163. I guess Amazon tags as many categories and keywords that are relevant or close to relevant, and then sees where it sticks.

by Anonymousreply 173May 4, 2021 10:41 PM

Sorry, I meant to respond to R171.

by Anonymousreply 174May 4, 2021 10:42 PM

My something nice: the illustrations are warm and cozy.

My something not-so: the ginger army dad is lifting a blond boy into the air while a beige mommy looks on with tears in her eyes. Obviously this is a nod to the Sussexes. Does Archie have blond hair?

by Anonymousreply 175May 4, 2021 10:43 PM

It’s now #2 in Children’s Family Life books and #2 in Children’s Emotion Books on Amazon in addition to the above.

The publisher must be having orgasms seeing the Amazon preorders. They were savvy enough to get an award-winning illustrator to work on the book. That will help them in trying to secure award nominations.

I worked in publishing. It’s one big money grubbing racket.

by Anonymousreply 176May 4, 2021 10:50 PM

The Daily Mail article now has about 15,000 comments! Very few of them are favorable.

by Anonymousreply 177May 4, 2021 10:52 PM

I am so impressed that all the profits are going to vaccinate COVID relief workers all over the world.

Oh wait.

by Anonymousreply 178May 4, 2021 11:04 PM

Pampers don’t grow on trees, R178.

Family first!

by Anonymousreply 179May 4, 2021 11:07 PM

R176 The publisher’s orgasms won’t last long once the title, content and stylistic similarities to another children’s are pointed out.

Good old Meghan - never had a problem with stealing other peoples’ work!

by Anonymousreply 180May 4, 2021 11:07 PM

^^^ another children’s book, I mean

by Anonymousreply 181May 4, 2021 11:08 PM

R178... I was wondering about that. I mean, not much, but the thought occurred.

by Anonymousreply 182May 4, 2021 11:10 PM

Well the author biodoes mention the Archewll Foundation, so maybe there is a charitable component in respect to the proceeds.

If so, it may be a publisher contribution and not hers.

by Anonymousreply 183May 4, 2021 11:25 PM

R177 you read all fifteen thousand comments. If not how do you know few are in favour? R178 I think securing 10 million vaccines with the concert they chaired the other day is enough.

by Anonymousreply 184May 4, 2021 11:30 PM

R184 - well, I read all the ones that had the most up votes and none of them were favorable.

by Anonymousreply 185May 4, 2021 11:31 PM

The are allowed to earn a living. After all living off UK taxpayers was a huge thing last year. No?

by Anonymousreply 186May 4, 2021 11:31 PM

R184 Did you read the repeat comments. If you scroll past the first ten or so pages of comments you will see the negative comments are repeated. Tucked in amongst other comments. So comments cannot in all fairness cannot be claimed as an indicator of general opinion.

by Anonymousreply 187May 4, 2021 11:34 PM

Hilariously bad. The bipolar who keeps giving.

by Anonymousreply 188May 4, 2021 11:35 PM

[quote]Built on the backs of the UK populus

Oh, DEAR. If you don't know big words, it's OK to use small ones.

by Anonymousreply 189May 4, 2021 11:36 PM

[quote] [R178] I think securing 10 million vaccines with the concert they chaired the other day is enough.

You must be joking? Associating any medical care to the self-indulgent publicity-stunt of The Harkles and other entertainers is ridiculous.

What isn’t ridiculous is that the SS (not of the Hitler brigade, but along the same lines: Sunshine Sachs) created and backed this self-congratulatory, celebrity event for other than innocent purposes.

“People need vaccines for Covid”.

To buy into this tripe, you must be part of the Meghan/Harry cult.

by Anonymousreply 190May 4, 2021 11:37 PM

[quote]What is with this confusing text and capitalization? It’s really going to confuse kids.

Uppercasing "My Love" as though it were "Our Lord" or something.

by Anonymousreply 191May 4, 2021 11:40 PM

Following in the footsteps of Fergie is nothing to be proud of.

by Anonymousreply 192May 4, 2021 11:42 PM

R166 Your explanation of what appeals to small children is perfect, thank you!

by Anonymousreply 193May 4, 2021 11:44 PM

Well a book like that is certainly spreading compassion, improving climate change and helping with vaccine equity.

by Anonymousreply 194May 4, 2021 11:50 PM

Markle is the duchess of nothing. She didn't want that life. And we don't use royal titles in the United States.

by Anonymousreply 195May 4, 2021 11:51 PM

When Fergie wrote the Budgie book, didn’t it come out that there was a similar book with the same storyline published previously?

by Anonymousreply 196May 4, 2021 11:52 PM

Didn’t Princess Michael of Kent write that book, R170?

by Anonymousreply 197May 4, 2021 11:56 PM

R150. Let me guess a new world order. 10.5 million vaccines secured. Fact. Sunshine Sachs Sussex nefarious plot. Conspiracy theory.

by Anonymousreply 198May 4, 2021 11:58 PM

R190 not 150 in regards to comment 198

by Anonymousreply 199May 5, 2021 12:03 AM

Smegz is following in a great BRF tradition of plagiarism - both Princess Michael and that poor sad old drunk Fergie were accused of plagiarism. Neither was exonerated.

by Anonymousreply 200May 5, 2021 12:08 AM

R186=Quote: "They are allowed to earn a living. After all living off UK taxpayers was a huge thing last year. No?"

Why, so very glad you asked this. Yes of course they do. But should they be allowed to profit from endeavors that they disingenuously advertise to be to benefit charity ? Do you not feel people who may give their money and time to support these causes have the right to know just where their money is going and who exactly will benefit? Do you feel they have the right to advertise their selves as some kind of saviours when if fact they are greedy, entitled assholes who have had everything handed to them by someone else their entire lazy life? Or fucked for it? Also, as they have the right to earn a living, why on earth do you and her PR feel we do not have the right to reject her efforts, to dislike a public figure and what they have to offer? Goodness! It is almost as if we are being ORDERED to not only like them, but made to feel as if we have somehow offended a God or living saint. If she could ORDER us to bow down and kiss her nasty ass, she would. As it is she is actually trying to take freedom of speech from the public. That offends us deeply and - wait for it- SHOCKER! it makes us loathe her because of the unmitigated balls of a talentless basic whore who has used men and sex and lies acting as if she has the fucking right to act as such because she fucked her way into some money is breathtaking in it's fucking insanity, megalomania, entitlement and INSULTING to us of who know what lazy, worthless, mean , rotting mother fuckers they truly are. Did that answer your question, dear? Bless your heart. 🖕

by Anonymousreply 201May 5, 2021 12:09 AM

Shouldn't it just be "Meghan, Duchess of Sussex" on the front cover? The "the" is unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 202May 5, 2021 12:09 AM

Or how about her actual name - Meghan Markle? It’s a fucking ugly name, though - I can see why she’s trying to monetise the style and title instead.

by Anonymousreply 203May 5, 2021 12:16 AM

R201 you need help. Psychiatric help. Being that incensed over someone you don't know screams obsessive. It also proves my point. I keep digging on these threads because of people like you. You have bought into the UK media's propaganda and are a perfect example of why the Sussex needed to leave. The UK media knows what they are doing. I think it's dangerous. It's that simple. R202 I picked that up too. I agree

by Anonymousreply 204May 5, 2021 12:16 AM

[quote]The “the” is unnecessary.

Much like the author and her book.

by Anonymousreply 205May 5, 2021 12:19 AM

R202-- Made me 😊

by Anonymousreply 206May 5, 2021 12:19 AM

Oh FFS R204 - are you so stupid that you think that “Sussex” is the plural of “Sussex”?

I know that it sounds the same, but are American educational standards such a joke?

I can always spot the Sussex Squad when they make this fucking basic error every single time.

You’re all trash.

by Anonymousreply 207May 5, 2021 12:19 AM

R205--You have bought into the UK media's propaganda and are a perfect example of why the Sussex needed to leave

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Do they know how fucking stupid they are? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 208May 5, 2021 12:24 AM

R207 And questioning someone's education. Bit elitist isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 209May 5, 2021 12:33 AM

So happy to see you obsessive-compulsive bitches are still at it.

by Anonymousreply 210May 5, 2021 12:36 AM

Sorry to contradict what you perceive to be your keen insight, R208.

I’m sitting in my apartment in Brooklyn, having a cocktail, and killing time on DL.

I didn’t buy into anything. I’m bored and was aiming for some levity.

by Anonymousreply 211May 5, 2021 12:38 AM

R209 fair point - but check out R208 for an example of the informed opinion that is littering these threads.

by Anonymousreply 212May 5, 2021 12:38 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213May 5, 2021 12:43 AM

I thought Madonna, R1192.

by Anonymousreply 214May 5, 2021 12:45 AM

Muriel, are you aware that the UK media has infiltrated and poisoned the minds of DLers, and that we helped drive her and The Simp from the UK?

Attention must be paid! The “The Duchess of Sussex” must be protected at all costs.

Muriel? Muriel? Muriel !!!

by Anonymousreply 215May 5, 2021 12:49 AM

Scraping the bottom of the barrel to try to generate cash, she has been shopping a children's book since 2019. Wonder if the dog one got into abandoning one dog the other was bonded to and the one she took to the UK ending up with multiple broken legs? Heartwarming!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216May 5, 2021 12:55 AM

R215 Your helping something. A whole lot more people now know about her book. Keep it up. It's sold out on several sites.

by Anonymousreply 217May 5, 2021 12:58 AM

Meant R192. When oh when might we get an edit button?

by Anonymousreply 218May 5, 2021 12:58 AM

R216 it's called work. You wanted her to earn a living. Now she is you are bitching. It's funny as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 219May 5, 2021 12:59 AM

Linking the Sun, Dan Wootten, Piers Morgan and the Daily Fail. Hmmmmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 220May 5, 2021 1:01 AM

Yes, R217! The power I possess is remarkable, isn’t it? I am a true mover and shaker!

Don’t tell Muriel. She’ll raise my subscription cost.

TIA

by Anonymousreply 221May 5, 2021 1:04 AM

[quote]I'm aware this is painfully trivial

Are you new to Datalounge? Nothing about titles is trivial. We could debate that "the" for weeks.

by Anonymousreply 222May 5, 2021 1:26 AM

[quote]It's all rhyming because young children like the repetitive sounds.

Rhythm is just as important as rhyme for children's books. She's got the rhyme sorted but every line in the excerpt uses a different meter. It's unpleasant to listen to.

The anapestic tetrameter used by Dr Seuss is equally (if not more) important as rhyme in understanding why his books are so successful. So if you do want to compare children's books to Shakespeare, the vital importance of meter is a good place to start.

Clearly this books will sell, but kids won't be desperate for re-reads.

by Anonymousreply 223May 5, 2021 1:28 AM

'It will be all about the narcissist and her selflessness and what a victim of circumstance she is.'

Dumbass spastic. It's about fathers and sons.

by Anonymousreply 224May 5, 2021 1:37 AM

It is nicely timed with father's day in the UK in mid June.

by Anonymousreply 225May 5, 2021 1:38 AM

R225-- Liar. She makes everything about her. Everything.

by Anonymousreply 226May 5, 2021 1:43 AM

I admit I didn’t expect the art to be as bad as the writing. She has some talent for scheming. She’s targeting military wives, which is smart. They are almost as easy prey as Christian wives. Will buy any useless shit that flaunts the military lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 227May 5, 2021 1:43 AM

R227 So she is smart when it comes to business. As one would hope in regards to business. Amazing how her being smart in regards to business becomes scheming.

by Anonymousreply 228May 5, 2021 1:48 AM

'But in reality, it's always about her. Because everything is about her, everything has to he about her and what she feels and thinks and believes and most of all, what she wants the Viewer to believe about her.'

you guys really are dumb as fuck. the book is full of testimonials from fathers and son. their words, not hers. many of them people of colour. the bond between father and son in black culture isn't often showcased like this, it's a clever concept for those not blinded with hatred who've only read the first few pages.

by Anonymousreply 229May 5, 2021 1:49 AM

It will help the merching of the IG rehash for Netflix, R227, it is a tie in. They are going to monetize the charity. The art is pretty bad.

by Anonymousreply 230May 5, 2021 1:50 AM

'It will help the merching of the IG rehash for Netflix, [R227], it is a tie in.'

The stupid Merch Troll/Sunshine Sachs Troll/Welp Troll ranting on meaninglessly again. She is making products and SELLING THEM, you batshit moron. Merching is taking money for advertising other people's products on Instagram. Meghan is way way way beyond that stage, bitch. She doesn't have an instagram.

by Anonymousreply 231May 5, 2021 1:53 AM

Who did she plagiarize this time?

by Anonymousreply 232May 5, 2021 1:53 AM

Check out R152, R232.

by Anonymousreply 233May 5, 2021 1:56 AM

But Mother's Day is Sunday in the US. Shouldn't she be marketing a "Just Like Granny Diana" book?

by Anonymousreply 234May 5, 2021 2:08 AM

This is a fun and informative listen re: why Mrs. Narkle is such a copycat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235May 5, 2021 2:09 AM

They are quite fixated on the UK, R234. Although everyone there seems quite happy to have seen the back of them.

by Anonymousreply 236May 5, 2021 2:10 AM

It is a ballsy move to write a book about fathers and sons when you and your husband don't speak to either of your fathers. It's actually shows the depth of her creativity and imagination.

by Anonymousreply 237May 5, 2021 2:11 AM

^Or her narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 238May 5, 2021 2:23 AM

[quote]The Duchess, 39, said: “The Bench started as a poem I wrote for my husband on Father’s Day, the month after Archie was born.

It's garbage, but I bet Harry thought it was brilliant!

by Anonymousreply 239May 5, 2021 2:28 AM

R235 Yes a YouTube video proves it. I am convinced now. Dear god's. YouTube videos being used as evidence just shows how gullible you are.

by Anonymousreply 240May 5, 2021 2:44 AM

Well I guess that sounds better than: “The Bench started as a book called “The Boy on the Bench” from which I stole plot, title and graphics in the same way that I plagiarised a story for a New York Times essay that I wrote about my alleged miscarriage in December 2020, similar to how I stole a quote of Steve Jobs for my Girl Up summit speech”.

“Plagiarism is what I do best”.

by Anonymousreply 241May 5, 2021 2:44 AM

The bench is such an unappealing title.

Someone was jokng about sex benches.

Doubt many copies will sell at all, esp with the sub par art.

by Anonymousreply 242May 5, 2021 2:48 AM

Dear The Duchess,

Don’t you think it’s hypocritical for you to write this book seeing as you are responsible for Archie being estranged from his two grandads?

by Anonymousreply 243May 5, 2021 2:50 AM

Quote: ] So she is smart when it comes to business. As one would hope in regards to business. Amazing how her being smart in regards to business becomes scheming.

That would be no, she isn't. Others do the work for her and she steals their work. She has plagiarized this book. She hae plagiarized everything she has ever written. Just like Harry, they have never worked or earned any of the praise or credit they have received. Others do the work, have the ideas for projects, ect. Those two despicable creeps just steal their credit and glory. They are less than worthless. They are liars and thefts and they plagiarized. They truly are fake and disgusting. If they did not have money they would have been in court, facing multiple lawsuits. They are vile, selfish narcissists who feel they are above everyone else and above the law. It was funny to watch the dumbasses fail time after time and do spectacularly. Now they and SS piss me off because they leave victims behind them. They are also abusive , entitled bullies and there are fewer people that I loathe in this world more than a bully.

by Anonymousreply 244May 5, 2021 3:17 AM

Has the Big O put her slobbering stamp of approval on it yet?

by Anonymousreply 245May 5, 2021 3:42 AM

I thought reading 1 year old Arch a book for 4 year olds last year was connected to Orca somehow, maybe she will have a children's book club edition. I can't imagine many will buy it but she will cross promote if it can make her a dime.

What of the Orca 2.0 that Scoobie was said to threaten DURING the funeral? Any word of that?

by Anonymousreply 246May 5, 2021 3:51 AM

Meghan [bold]WON[/bold]. She [bold]WON[/bold].

Let me repeat it again: [bold]Meghan Markle WON[/bold].

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247May 5, 2021 3:57 AM

Won what????

by Anonymousreply 248May 5, 2021 4:01 AM

It’s too bad her ex-husband is a standup guy. I’ll bet he has some stories to tell.

by Anonymousreply 249May 5, 2021 4:11 AM

Won what????

—Anonymous reply 248

Now, now, don't tell me!!!! She won best dressed clothing tags displayer! Best pissing in the woods contest! Best sporting event pussy display!

by Anonymousreply 250May 5, 2021 4:29 AM

[quote]She is making products and SELLING THEM,

R231 Uh, no. She produces juvenile trash in a vain attempt to fill her empty soul and unquenchable ego. Sales, if any, are an afterthought.

by Anonymousreply 251May 5, 2021 4:29 AM

[quote]Although small, they, even toddlers can sense interesting juxtapositions and novel ideas. But they run from insincerity or treacle. Likely a result of a reliance on instinct and intuition.

Toddlers can't even stick Cheerios in their mouths on the first shot let alone "sense interesting juxtaposition".

by Anonymousreply 252May 5, 2021 4:36 AM

R223 clearly you aren't familiar with the meter in Goodnight Moon. But, please go on...your envy is fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 253May 5, 2021 4:44 AM

It will surely be a bestseller, the latest in the long tradition of celebrity-penned kids books. It's a no-brainer: many celebs think writing kids books is easy (and they have so much to impart), massive and free PR because of the celeb. Pity the poor fathers whose live-laugh-love wives and baby mamas will be buying this for Father's Day and hovering, mug-cupping and instagamming, while they read it to their kids.

But a godsend for those of us who love to snark about Meghan. We now know she's a poet! I wonder if she wrote the poem in her legendary calligraphy and had it framed for Harry.

by Anonymousreply 254May 5, 2021 5:44 AM

So happy that Meghan's got a book deal with Penguin! You Klan Grannies are spitting feathers.

by Anonymousreply 255May 5, 2021 6:53 AM

Has it been mentioned yet that HOLD STILL, the much praised photography book showing images of Britain under COVID spearheaded by Kate in collaboration with the National Gallery, is being published on Friday?

Proceeds from sales of the book will be sit between the National Gallery and Mental, a nonprofit mental health organisation.

How terribly clever of Meghan and her PR to do their press release on Meghan's book a few days earlier.

And, typically, Kate's book project is not about her, but about others, and about the country Kate serves. Kate wrote the foreword. It is available for pre-order.

Archie's birthday is Thursday, which just happens to be Super Thursday in British elections. Lavour are expected to have a really bad night and possibly to lose nearly 60 seats, including Hartlepoole, which had been a safe Labour seat since 1964.

So it will be interesting to see if the tabloids are awash with new photos of Archie or the Labour bloodbath.

Of course, coverage won't start until the exit polls come out late evening, so Archie's birthday might get a jump on the headlines if released tonight.

But the Sussexes didn't wish Louis or Charlotte Happy Birthday, did they? I'm sure the royal family SM site will courteously wish Archie HB, though.

The Sussexes really are a pair of narcissistic destructivevspiteful shallow shites.

Meghan's book will be a flash on the pan. HOLD STILL will earn a place in the history of one of Britain's worst crises.

by Anonymousreply 256May 5, 2021 7:07 AM

^*Labour (not Lavour)

by Anonymousreply 257May 5, 2021 7:09 AM

She actually lied about getting a standing ovation. Ffs, it was filmed. Does it ever occur to her, in her fetid brain, that people have seen the footage and can and will replay it? I can't even. No words .

by Anonymousreply 258May 5, 2021 7:13 AM

Labour deserves every single dagger the voter drives into its political heart. It's leader/membership are deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 259May 5, 2021 7:13 AM

[quote]But, please go on...your envy is fascinating.

Envious of shitty poetry? Hardly. But it does piss me off that people think that because they can rhyme a few words that it automatically makes them a good children's book author.

I had never read Goodnight Moon before today, but it's easy to see why it has been so popular for very young children. Repetition of "goodnight" creates rhythm using a word that children associate with parental love - "goodnight" is frequently the last thing loving parents say to their children each night so it's comforting. Plus it's simple enough for children to draw connections between the words the pictures. It's certainly a book that children will grow out of very quickly when they start looking for more stimulus, but I can understand it's popularity over the decades.

Markle's writing has no consistent meter, is written from the adult's point of view and uses jarring phrases like "tears of great joy". Obviously parents will by it. But if the example page is reflective of the whole book, kids won't be asking for repeat reads.

by Anonymousreply 260May 5, 2021 8:49 AM

R260 I agree. Children's lit has lots of mediocre shit published, but only a few turn into multigenerational classics, standing the test of time.

Meanwhile, quite predictably, there are already public accusations that Meghan simply ripped off Corrinne Averiss' THE BOY ON THE BENCH, which is also about a father and son bonding on a bench as they observe the world around them. It was published in 2018 to outstanding reviews and has similar illustrations. The DM has an article up on it. The comments are brutal.

Places like Random House are supposed to check for things like this. I sho UK old think that they need to make some sort of statement.

And this isn't the first time Meghan's been caught doing this. But it's the most egregious and ig comes with a price tag.

The woman is utterly empty and utterly without scruples.

I expect this from her, but not from Random House.

I hope Averriss sues.

by Anonymousreply 261May 5, 2021 10:43 AM

^* I should think Random House...

by Anonymousreply 262May 5, 2021 10:44 AM

R259 Well, by dawn on Friday we'll have the whole picture and someone will open thread on it. I neither wholly trust nor distrust polls. But it is Labour's internal polling that is more dire (only 4 in 10 who voted Labour last time plan to vote Labour again). If I were betting, I'd get behind Labour's internal polling more than Survation's, which had a very small sample.

Not to derail this thread.

I really am curious to see if Random House will address the copycat vibes from Meghan's little venture into "writing".

by Anonymousreply 263May 5, 2021 11:40 AM

[quote]It is a ballsy move to write a book about fathers and sons when you and your husband don't speak to either of your fathers.

Was it though? You could argue once she's moved on from someone, they simply cease to exist for her.

She plainly hasn't moved on from Kate, which is kinda funny, because Kate, by virtue of her position alone, will always win.

But then the one book she won't write is about strategy.

by Anonymousreply 264May 5, 2021 11:46 AM

Ouch: from the Telegraph:

Meghan Markle’s fun-free children’s book may put an entire generation off reading

Yes, parents will buy it. But the intended audience for the Duchess of Sussex's literary debut prefers silliness and being scared to sermons

Select amusing bits:

Children are often the harshest critics. Anyone who has tried to make their toddler laugh or keep their pre-teen engaged knows how impatient kids are in the face of mediocrity.

There is a problem with some publishers hunting celebrity over content. Madonna’s children’s book The English Roses, was launched at the top of the The New York Times Best Seller list despite being panned by critics in 2003. Michael Rosen put it beautifully while reviewing the book for the BBC: “It may not have the ingenuity and charm of Laurent De Brunhoff's Babar or the deep and wild imagination of Maurice Sendak but when you are Madonna, it probably does not matter.”

by Anonymousreply 265May 5, 2021 11:59 AM

Here is the link to the National Portrait Gallery's page on HOLD STILL: A Portrait of Our Nation in 2020, with the final photos up digitally and selected by Kate, who wrote the foreword.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266May 5, 2021 1:03 PM

A couple of comments on the DM state that Averriss has made a statement saying that she sees "no similarities between her book and BENCH". I have searched but can't find the statement. Anyone else see it?

by Anonymousreply 267May 5, 2021 1:09 PM

The only things that Meghan’s book has in common with the other book is that they’re social worker tripe and the word “bench”. Sorry, she didn’t plagiarize anything.

NY1 mentioned the book this morning, someone said the word “Royal” and Bubbe Jamie nastily interjected “FORMER royal...”. Which surprised me, because she’s peak frau. I would have lapped up the Kool-Aid on this, being a MOMMY.

by Anonymousreply 268May 5, 2021 1:49 PM

"How does a person walk around calling themselves the actual Duchess of Sussex when they live in California and have done jack for the Commonwealth or whatever, and plan to do even less in the future??"

R159 - FYI: HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden lives in Florida with her American husband and her three Swedish children and has for some time. Not all Royals reside in their native countries.

by Anonymousreply 269May 5, 2021 2:02 PM

^^^ R129 not R159 ^^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 270May 5, 2021 2:04 PM

[quote]FYI: HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden lives in Florida

R269 Madeleine of Sweden is the youngest daughter of the current King, Carl XVI Gustaf. Her right to her titles and styles is not in question or dispute. Unlike Megs, who title and styles are not only in dispute, but reduced to irrelevance by her deplorable behavior.

by Anonymousreply 271May 5, 2021 2:12 PM

R140 - I do believe you are troll as not everyone hates the Sussexes and not everyone hates all rich people.

Sunshine Sachs is not different from any other corporation or business: they are in it for the money and nothing else!

by Anonymousreply 272May 5, 2021 2:13 PM

R258, she seems so deeply delusionaal that she is all in. Personality/character disorders like narcissism are rarely changed, when combined with that degree of being unmoored in reality, the prognosis cannot be good. I think she has always been like this, mimicking clothing of past partners of her romantic partners, the grandiosity, the ghosting/devaluing. Poor kids.

by Anonymousreply 273May 5, 2021 2:25 PM

That is hilarious, R261. Well, we knew she cribbed it from somewhere. The lawyers at Random House should have done more vetting.

Hope the not so talented artist was paid up front, lol.

Someone told me that Markus Anderson used to date Scoobie Do, is that correct? I thought Markus had dated that Vogue editor?

by Anonymousreply 274May 5, 2021 2:30 PM

At least five references to herself in her statement, R14.

by Anonymousreply 275May 5, 2021 2:33 PM

Sounds like...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276May 5, 2021 2:33 PM

R273--She is a dark triad, like trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277May 5, 2021 2:44 PM

Interesting: dark triad:

Internet trolls Edit Main article: Troll (Internet) Recent studies have found that people who are identified as trolls tend to have dark personality traits and show signs of sadism, antisocial behavior, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism.[79][80][81] The 2013 case study suggested that there are a number of similarities between anti-social and flame trolling activities and the 2014 survey indicated that trolling is an Internet manifestation of everyday sadism. Both studies suggest that this trolling may be linked to bullying in both adolescents and adults.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278May 5, 2021 2:48 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279May 5, 2021 2:57 PM

Whatever happened to acting and voice overs and being a great humanitarian? Probably could have funded a lot of good works if they did not spend a king's ransom on PR. Only to end up with a more negative image, lol, ah, Narkles never change.

From DM: It comes as sources told Vanity Fair's Katie Nicholl Meghan plans to write more books in the future, revealing: 'She wanted to have a go at writing a children’s book first and depending on the success of this, there will be more. She is also keen to write books for adults too.'

by Anonymousreply 280May 5, 2021 2:59 PM

R379-- Of course she did, there was never any doubt. The one thing this basic twit is , is predictable. She never fails to fail.

by Anonymousreply 281May 5, 2021 3:00 PM

Do they realize that they are entertainment to joke about now? And pretty soon they will be ignored entirely.

The career advice to strip in Vegas is quite funny. Maybe that might come after the reality tv show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282May 5, 2021 3:06 PM

R249 That’s what I say! I always like to imagine Trevor’s dumbfounded yet cynically amused reaction when he first heard Meghan was dating Prince Harry. He’s the one I’d love to hear from more than anybody.

by Anonymousreply 283May 5, 2021 3:06 PM

R271 - My response to R159 was not about titles being in dispute but about rather or not a member of a Royal Family has the right to reside in a non-native country.

Yes, the Sussexes are living in the USA but another Royal, Madeleine of Sweden, is also living in the USA. Princess Madeleine's spouse, like Harry's spouse, is a US citizen so the situations are extremely similar.

What does a a title being in dispute have to do with living in a non-native country? I do not understand the point you are trying to make.

by Anonymousreply 284May 5, 2021 3:18 PM

[quote]How does a person walk around calling themselves the actual Duchess of Sussex when they live in California and have done jack for the Commonwealth or whatever,

R284 That was the original post. Questioning the right to use title/style. You chose one focus. I chose another. Does not invalidate my post at R271.

by Anonymousreply 285May 5, 2021 3:28 PM

I read that with all her holidays, mat leave, etc, she only "worked" for the BRF for 73 days! Pretty slight pretext for all this Duchess biz.

by Anonymousreply 286May 5, 2021 3:31 PM

If Haz advised kids not to see doctors and trained professionals re: mental health, have they become involved in Scientology? The cult Doria is in, do they have a position on psych meds? Oprah is linked to the same group. Wonder what the Apple show will advocate. Putting the burden of being responsible for the well being of other kids on children is SICK and INEFFECTUAL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287May 5, 2021 3:33 PM

That ME-Again , that Me-Again, I do not like that ME-Again!

Would you like her in a moat Only if the bitch can't float!

by Anonymousreply 288May 5, 2021 3:35 PM

[quote] Won what ??

The battle in your head Rose.

by Anonymousreply 289May 5, 2021 3:36 PM

"How does a person walk around calling themselves the actual Duchess of Sussex when they live in California and have done jack for the Commonwealth or whatever,"

R285 - I misinterpreted your post. I thought you were saying that Meghan & Harry have no right to use a title given to them by QEII unless they are living in the UK or Commonwealth and doing official work for the UK or Commonwealth.

by Anonymousreply 290May 5, 2021 3:37 PM

I love you R288.. Please keep em coming.

by Anonymousreply 291May 5, 2021 3:43 PM

Doria and Oprah are both involved in this culty place

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292May 5, 2021 3:46 PM

Madeleine of Sweden lives in the US, yes. Her children are not HRHs. She and her Anglo-American husband (who declined a title because he didn’t want to become a Swedish citizen) return to Sweden regularly for royal events. She does get criticized for living outside of Sweden. I don’t know if she gets a stipend from the Swedish government or her father the king but her husband is wealthy in his own right (banking, finance, something like that). She is involved with several foundations and charities. She’s also written a children’s book.

by Anonymousreply 293May 5, 2021 3:56 PM

This sheds light on some of the New Age crap Orca has pushed so hard. If MeGain really did get Haz off all of this psych meds and even caffeine, that tracks with him seeming happy and relaxed to grim and tense. This Agape place is creepy and has overtones of Scienos. Her involvement is rumored to be why Doria was minimally involved with MeGain for many years.

Nothing about psychiatric help but woo woo and DENTISTS? Anyone suss out that link?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294May 5, 2021 4:00 PM

If Harry has received inpatient treatment since childhood, this is no substitute. He does not seem well or happy and is clearly being egged on to behave in anti-social ways, like a teen. He has always been "off" and much was done to hide it but what is he gonna be like when he has a midlife crisis? He is like a teen with ODD NOW.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295May 5, 2021 4:05 PM

I really hope that Orca and Haz do not push Agape Center nonsense to minors. What he said on that Zoom chat to kids is dangerous and should have been called out, except few pay any attention to what they do. But kids should be taught to contact adults and get trained and licensed care when needed, not to take on the responsibility of other kids with mental illness. Haz is more than a joke, he is pushing dangerous and possibly life threatening ideas re: mental illness to KIDS. Nattering on about climate after flying in in a private jet, whilst barefoot is a joke, kids who are struggling with mental illness is not. Discouraging effective professional help is no better than L Ron Hubbard. Given the closeness to Orca and Doria, is Agape where he is getting these whacko and dangerous ideas and promoting them to youth? It will be telling what they push in the Apple program. ReikI is likely.

by Anonymousreply 296May 5, 2021 4:39 PM

A narcissists take on The Bench

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297May 5, 2021 4:46 PM

's before the grammar police descend

by Anonymousreply 298May 5, 2021 4:47 PM

"Perhaps there will be bananas of empowerment left on the bench..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299May 5, 2021 4:51 PM

I'm sorry but I couldn't resist the temptation to share.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300May 5, 2021 5:55 PM

Here you go, R267

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301May 5, 2021 6:51 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302May 5, 2021 7:20 PM

When my own fat father had a heart attack

No second thoughts, I didn’t look look back

And when My Love failed to get more money

I opened my legs for the next available honey.

by Anonymousreply 303May 5, 2021 7:23 PM

Well done, R303. If only she was sucking on her fingers lounging on the bench we could get the full effect, lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304May 5, 2021 7:32 PM

Poor Corrine has probably already been threatened within an inch of her life by the Megaloopdywhootydoos!

by Anonymousreply 305May 5, 2021 7:33 PM

She’s saving that for the cover treatment of the sequel, R304...THE BENCH: After Dark

by Anonymousreply 306May 5, 2021 7:38 PM

^ speaking of which, The Times has a go...

Meghan has written her ‘debut’. This is worrying: might there be more?

The first thing to note about the news that the Duchess of Sussex has written a children’s book is that it’s described as her “debut”. This raises the worrying prospect that there might be more. The Bench, I read in the breathless publicity blurb, is a “modern children’s book about the special bond between father and son”. It is, I gather, inspired by Meghan’s very own husband and son “and touchingly captures the evolving and expanding relationship between fathers and sons . . . It evokes a deep sense of warmth, connection and compassion.”

Shoot me now.

Now, granted, Meghan can hardly write a book about the special bond between fathers and daughters, what with her not having any relationship at all with her own. Far be it from me to question whether someone estranged from almost her entire family might have anything constructive to say about family relationships. I would not presume to imagine how the royal family might react to listening to the Sussexes talk about connection and compassion. And I wouldn’t dream of commenting on the quality of the prose beyond predicting that true believers would describe it as uplifting and empowering and I would describe it as bilge.

“Looking out at My Love/ And our beautiful boy,” reads one page reproduced in the blurb in all its randomly capitalised glory, “And here in the window/ I’ll have tears of great joy.” Beatrix Potter it is not, although how it compares to the Duchess of York’s Budgie the Little Helicopter it’s too early to say. The illustration is of a ginger-haired man in army fatigues hugging his child, which only a cynic, which I am not, would suggest was yet another sledgehammer reference to Harry himself being a veteran of the armed forces, so cruelly and unjustly stripped of his army patronages by a vindictive nation.

The audio edition of The Bench will be read by the author herself, the woman who told Oprah that she is so unattached to the “grandeur of titles” that she is referred to at every turn, and on the book’s cover, as Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex. Either way, the narration promises to be a treat for everyone who enjoyed her voiceover for Disney’s film about elephants, sample review:

“Spectacular torrents of schmaltz . . . Again and again, Meghan is given outrageously unverifiable things to say.”

To which I can only shake my head and murmur: “Surely not.”

Somehow, we must be strong and wait until June 8 to read the actual book. I’ll admit, it’s going to be a struggle. Fledgling authors will be on tenterhooks to discover just how much they need to raise their game to find a publisher. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be on the edge of their seat to find out how they can be more compassionate. Only 33 sleeps, people. Snuggle down and it’ll soon pass.

“At this time,” the blurb finishes, “the author is unavailable for interview.

I bet she is — what a pity. If only she’d said the same to Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 307May 5, 2021 7:39 PM

I am surprised her first book wasn’t Archie, The Wonky-Eyed Baby with a foreword by Andy Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 308May 5, 2021 7:51 PM

R301 - Thanks. I find the statement disingenuous in the extreme. The theme is father-son bonding with a local bench as the locus of where the bonding takes place, within the context of what they see of the world from that bench. The title of one is The Bench; the title of the other is The Boy on the Bench. The covers are similar in look and feature said bench.

I would bet that Ms Averriss wants at all costs to avoid agreeing with the obvious and getting involved in a public dispute that could 1) beg questions of legality and lead to legal threats, and 2) expose her to the persecution of Meghan's rabid followers, who are notorious for issuing death threats, stalking, and other forms of intimidation of people who question anything Meghan says or does.

The similarities are blinding - as is Ms Averriss's cowardice. I could forgive her if she'd said, "Well, it's impossible to avoid seeing some similarities between our two works, but two works may perfectly well dovetail in ideas and themes, and yet completely belong to their separate creators."

Stating that she sees no similarities between the two works is so absurdly untrue that the denial drives home the opposite point - and suggests a hasty conference with legal counsel.

by Anonymousreply 309May 5, 2021 7:54 PM

Madeleine of Sweden lives the relatively anonymous life of a wealthy man’s wife in Florida. Apart from the occasional online appearance in support of her charities, she goes by “Madeleine O’Neill” rather than “HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden”.

Her husband Chris is comfortably off but there don’t seem to be any $17m mansions or any monetising of her Royal status.

by Anonymousreply 310May 5, 2021 7:57 PM

Ms. Averriss restricted the replies to her tweet. No one can directly comment unless they were mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 311May 5, 2021 7:59 PM

That will be the 3rd, R308.

by Anonymousreply 312May 5, 2021 8:03 PM

How long until The Duchess calls those accusing her of plagiarism, racists?

by Anonymousreply 313May 5, 2021 8:08 PM

R311: which means she's invoked the Twitter equivalent of witness protection.

Those Megalecters... good people..

by Anonymousreply 314May 5, 2021 9:05 PM

The very highest caliber, R314.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315May 5, 2021 9:47 PM

Most are likely just bots, but still. Curious that the humanitarian Harkles never even attempt to reign them in. Of course they did hire them after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316May 5, 2021 9:48 PM

Sorry, R289 / Oracle, you must be hallucinating. If she's won anything in my head, it's the "Biggest Loser" award. I almost feel sorry for her because of her severe mental illness, but then I think of the kids and truly feel compassion for them.

by Anonymousreply 317May 5, 2021 11:25 PM

More plagiarizing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318May 6, 2021 12:53 AM

'How terribly clever of Meghan and her PR to do their press release on Meghan's book a few days earlier.'

Of course Copycat Kate leapt onto the PR bandwagon. Anyone can take photos but few people can write a compelling narrative. Meghan already proved she was a good writer on her blog. Kate has proved she can use her phone camera, big deal. What a dummy.

by Anonymousreply 319May 6, 2021 1:30 AM

I hear she's working to publish her second book very soon, "Archie's Grandmother and the Parisian Tunnel".

by Anonymousreply 320May 6, 2021 1:58 AM

Maybe she can cross merch it with the musical, R320.

by Anonymousreply 321May 6, 2021 2:32 AM

[QUOTE] Nattering on about climate after flying in in a private jet

Fuck off, Sunshine Sachs/Welp Troll. Charles has being doing this for decades.

by Anonymousreply 322May 6, 2021 5:38 AM

I'll take 10. There is never enough compassionate consciousness in the world and nobody knows that better than The Duchess of Sussex. Marginalized as a poor woman of color, she has worked to elevate the consciousness of girls as they grow into women and have families of their own. "The Bench" sets the benchmark for a new era of children's books with a social awareness, pioneered by The Duchess of Sussex through her own experiences of empowering a new global collectiveness.

by Anonymousreply 323May 6, 2021 6:51 AM

It was funny when they said she would cut Kate. I was like yeah right. But she went there in the Oprah interview.

Meghan's to the RF like what Tonya Harding did for figure skating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324May 6, 2021 9:15 AM

CDAN already has a BI up stating that the Alliterate One (that is how he refers to Meghan) paid off the other author with a handsome cheque.

Kate's book on Amazon's All Books list is #2. Meghan's is #33, but #2 in Children's Books.

Of course, it isn't strictly speaking Kate's book. But she is the patron if the National Portrait Gallery and spearheaded the project and chose the photographs, and wrote the foreword. The proceeds are bring shared between the Gallery and Mind, a mental health charity.

That's what royal patronage does and how it's supposed to work.

The proceeds from Meghan's book are being shared between Sunshine Sachs and Dior.

by Anonymousreply 325May 6, 2021 10:44 AM

R323 LOL.

Meghan has never been poor one day of her life, has never been marginalized, was never black, and has put strenuous efforts into avoiding the appearance of blackness, and adores whiteness.

Meghan's only and best dramatic performance is how perfectly she has walked the high wire of living the whitest possible life whilst playing the race card at every opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 326May 6, 2021 10:54 AM

^^*23, not 33

by Anonymousreply 327May 6, 2021 11:36 AM

It’s all just tacky and funny. As someone upthread posted, this is Meg at her most entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 328May 6, 2021 1:04 PM

That picture of Doria at R292 shows us exactly how the Medusa of Montecito will look in just a few years....no amount of plastic surgery can help that face.

by Anonymousreply 329May 6, 2021 2:02 PM

R325 - Went to Amazon and tried to find the listing of books you referred too and could not find it anywhere. Do you have a link?

by Anonymousreply 330May 6, 2021 3:06 PM

R325 - I found Meghan's book but I could not find Kate's. Does anyone have an Amazon link to Kate's "Hold Still"

by Anonymousreply 331May 6, 2021 4:00 PM

Well, right on cue...here is the predictable black & white photo of Archie for his 2nd birthday. Does it look familiar?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332May 6, 2021 4:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333May 6, 2021 5:00 PM

R333 - The palaces threw Meghan & Harry to the tabloid wolves no matter how the Palace PR Chief tries to make it look after the fact.

by Anonymousreply 334May 6, 2021 5:11 PM

Drip, drip, drip. Now it is a flood. She deserves every bit of it.

by Anonymousreply 335May 6, 2021 5:13 PM

R334 believes in fairy tales.

by Anonymousreply 336May 6, 2021 5:14 PM

R334-- Oh, poor her. She threw everyone who helped and loved her under the bus, beginning with the father who adored her. She wasn't just disloyal, she tried to ruin their lives by labeling them as cold blooded racist. There is nothing happening to her that she hasn't dealt out to others, 10 fold and all of her life.

by Anonymousreply 337May 6, 2021 5:21 PM

@337- Edit- Karma always finds us.

by Anonymousreply 338May 6, 2021 5:24 PM

r325 Yeah, I laughed when I saw that:

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 05/05 **2** The alliterate one just writes a check and the next thing you know, the author who was plagiarized, says nothing is amiss. Meghan Markle/Corrinne Averiss/"The Bench" (Meghan Markle gets defended by author after critics accuse the duchess of plagiarizing her work)

If this is true, then fuck you, Corrinne Averiss, you bought-off bitch.

And of course the book will do well. It's called juking the stats.

by Anonymousreply 339May 6, 2021 5:26 PM

Entertainment Lawyer has turned into Qanon Trumpian BS and has been for years.

by Anonymousreply 340May 6, 2021 5:56 PM

[quote] Madeleine of Sweden lives in the US, I don’t know if she gets a stipend from the Swedish government or her father the king but her husband is wealthy in his own right (banking, finance, something like that). She is involved with several foundations and charities. She’s also written a children’s book.

Madeleine has her own money set up from a trust when she was born. She does receive a small private allowance from her father from his own private funds just like her brother does. She does not receive money from the Swedish government except for occasions when she is specifically representing Sweden. For those times, the government covers her expenses only. She gets nothing extra for it for herself. And when she applies for reimbursement, she has to account for every amount spent just as though she were a government employee.

Madeleine's husband's income varies from year to year as would be with anyone with varying business interests. His overall net worth is probably almost as much as his father-in-law. The Swedish King's personal wealth is not particularly large in comparison to his fellow monarchs.

by Anonymousreply 341May 6, 2021 6:01 PM

I knew I've seen this photo before. Cheesy and redundant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342May 6, 2021 6:50 PM

R332, that child is a very different size than the one who she was just photographed carrying. Of course that is supposed to drive drama and intrigue and chatter about Harry's 1st wife, but it is just boring and a bit sad now. Poor kids, even being merched on his bday with a call out for donations and you KNOW some $$$ is gonna make its way back to the Harkle's pockets. Shameful but expected from these greedy, grasping narcs.

by Anonymousreply 343May 6, 2021 7:06 PM

"even being merched on his bday with a call out for donations"

In lieu of gifts, please make a donation is not merching.

by Anonymousreply 344May 6, 2021 7:20 PM

It may be my eyesight, but does the baby have the same floofed up at the front hair as daddy?

by Anonymousreply 345May 6, 2021 8:28 PM

I wrote a novel. It won multiple awards. I went on a book tour. And I’m still working a full-time job because it’s almost impossible to make a living as a writer.

I’m not normally an ungracious person but since this is DL: fuck this fucking asshole to fucking hell! She’s going to make a mint for this piece of crap.

by Anonymousreply 346May 6, 2021 9:45 PM

Oh dear!

Two types of balloons are commonly used for recreational activities: latex and mylar. While latex balloons are made from rubber tree sap and are considered biodegradable, mylar balloons are made of synthetic nylon with metallic coating and are non-biodegradable. Mylar balloons heavily contribute to oceanic waste

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347May 6, 2021 10:08 PM

Not understanding what you’re bitching about R346. In other posts you claimed to have worked for Warren Buffett, that you were a CEO, you have a tenant, and you grew up among mobsters. You a struggling writer or a bullshit artist? Or both?

by Anonymousreply 348May 6, 2021 10:08 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349May 6, 2021 10:17 PM

If the army meant so much to him, why not stay in it? If the patronages meant so much, why not stay as a working royal? Choices have consequences. These 2 are like teens with ODD and live life in the rear view mirror, when they are not grasping for coins. The faux humanitarian posing is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 350May 6, 2021 10:37 PM

A top and true comment (people in the UK are done with the Narkles)

Maggi, Wolverhamptond, United Kingdom, 10 hours ago

Didnt he turn his back on the veterans to tout Disney ceo for a voice over for markle, shes not pulling at my heart strings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351May 6, 2021 10:40 PM

Madmadge, Horsham, United Kingdom, 10 hours ago

If the price has already been slashed and it isn't on sale for another month, I suggest that everyone waits at least 8 weeks and the shops will probably be paying the customers to take away copies! Just a thought!

by Anonymousreply 352May 6, 2021 10:42 PM

R342 Everything has so be so CINEMATIC!

by Anonymousreply 353May 6, 2021 10:42 PM

R346 I posted something the other day to the effect of: What do talented working actors, writers, producers, podcasters etc. think of Meghan and Harry just scooping up these unearned opportunities?

by Anonymousreply 354May 6, 2021 10:44 PM

Olivia, Philadelphia, United States, 10 hours ago

Aha, so the book is a pacifier for PH! Did it stop his tantrums?

by Anonymousreply 355May 6, 2021 10:46 PM

R354

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356May 6, 2021 10:47 PM

Where is the podcast? Boy, talk about setting high expectations.

by Anonymousreply 357May 6, 2021 10:55 PM

Producing content does not seem to be a strength so far. They did hire that guy for Archewell, but I suspect because of his connection to that Diana film. My guess, R357, is that podcast episodes will pop up to promote each product they rehash and try to squeeze more money out of. She was shopping a kids book in 2019, they are repackaging and trying to monetize IG, etc.

by Anonymousreply 358May 6, 2021 11:00 PM

Don’t I get credit for collaborating with a gay African-American illustrator?

I’ve checked all the boxes. What more do you want?

by Anonymousreply 359May 6, 2021 11:12 PM

We want you to go away, 1st wife!

by Anonymousreply 360May 6, 2021 11:13 PM

R350 my understanding is that he couldn't stay in the military without moving up, which meant taking a test he wouldn't pass.

by Anonymousreply 361May 6, 2021 11:57 PM

He cheated in school with the assistance of teachers, R361, I am sure something could have been worked out. There are plenty of dumb people in the military. I do not, however, believe he was flying helicopters.

by Anonymousreply 362May 7, 2021 12:07 AM

'Meghan was never black'

Lol okay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363May 7, 2021 12:16 AM

Funny how this whole Harry's First Wife thing (the politest name I've ever heard you trolls call her, so very welcome) shows that the Klanners fully expect their beloved Harry to divorce Meghan and return to the fold to marry a servile Kate type. Never ever going to happen. If he did divorce Meghan it would be for a younger version of Meghan and he'd stay in LA or move somewhere else with a warm climate, but not England. He's said many times that he doesn't like England.

by Anonymousreply 364May 7, 2021 12:19 AM

'There are plenty of dumb people in the military. I do not, however, believe he was flying helicopters.'

There are videos of him flying helicopters, you fucking lying cunt. Go back to your Larrie blog, disgusting Welp Troll.

by Anonymousreply 365May 7, 2021 12:22 AM

'The theme is father-son bonding with a local bench as the locus of where the bonding takes place, within the context of what they see of the world from that bench. '

The narrative is completely different. MM's book features many different real life accounts of father son bonding. The novel is about one father and son whose relationship strengthens as they sit on the same bench talking when the father has custody.

by Anonymousreply 366May 7, 2021 12:28 AM

R345 If you spread the photo and look closely, you'll settle Archie's hair is coming in much more like Meghan's Mum's family than Harry's family. And, of course, looks nothing the hair on the little white boy leaping into Harry's arms in the book, never mind their Christmas card.

by Anonymousreply 367May 7, 2021 1:22 AM

^*you'll see

by Anonymousreply 368May 7, 2021 1:24 AM

I have no idea how reliable a "royal commentator" Russell Myers is, so take it with a pinch of salt. But if it's true, I'd guess Anne and Sophie were two of those who were hostile to Harry after the funeral. They both strike me as the sort of Englishwomen who are the antithesis of Oprah: stiff upper lip, no airing of dirty laundry in public (except for that time Sophie unwittingly spilled family gossip to an undercover reporter). Anne seems protective towards the Queen and Philip - she's publicly defended their (admittedly questionable) parenting abilities in the past - and Sophie seems fond of them both as well. I expect they feel that Harry's behaviour at the very end of Philip's life was distasteful, and caused additional stress that the Queen could have done without.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369May 7, 2021 1:52 AM

[quote]except for that time Sophie unwittingly spilled family gossip to an undercover reporter

That's not what she did. The reporter passed himself off as an Arab prince and she offered to give him access to the Royal Family if he hired her public relations firm.

She gave up her business but It's still amazing she recovered, although it took awhile, and eventually became one of the most respected and popular Royals both inside and outside of the family.

by Anonymousreply 370May 7, 2021 2:08 AM

[QUOTE] you spread the photo and look closely, you'll settle Archie's hair is coming in much more like Meghan's Mum's family than Harry's family.

And here we have someone who'd have fitted in well with the Third Reich. How terrible that Archie might have inherited Doria's African hair, is what you're saying. At least he won't go bald in his 20s like William.

Your Aryan agenda is pretty transparent, Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 371May 7, 2021 3:48 AM

Stop fuming about Meghan getting a book published. High-profile, easy PR crap like this earns publishers money, which helps them stay in business and publish good, less easy-selling material.

by Anonymousreply 372May 7, 2021 5:15 AM

[quote]There are videos of him flying helicopters, you fucking lying cunt.

R365 If you weren't so intent on your childish rant, you would have noticed in the videos that Harry does not fly solo, that there is at least one other person in the helicopter with him. You would also have noticed the rather blatant editing of the video to give the appearance of.

by Anonymousreply 373May 7, 2021 8:32 AM

The book has already been cut in price, and is sliding down the All Books list. Meanwhile, HOLD STILL is now up at #1 on Amazon All Books list today (I don't think Amazon US is selling it).

The Telegraph.has an interesting article about THE BENCH being an attempt by the Harkles to heal their own feelings about their families, and comments by psychologists.

But it contains a couple of other bits more interesting: it cites "well-placed sources" as reporting that Charles pumped lots of money into Frogmore (which everyone suspected), and that the Harkles just blamed staff whenever they didn't get their way. The source said it was small wonder that the devastated Charles stopped taking Harry's calls.

Anyone remember that film from the 1950s, "The Bad Seed"?

by Anonymousreply 374May 7, 2021 10:57 AM

[QUOTE] you weren't so intent on your childish rant, you would have noticed in the videos that Harry does not fly solo, that there is at least one other person in the helicopter with him.

As is the case in all military helicopters, you dunce. But he's there in the pilot's seat, flying the plane.

by Anonymousreply 375May 7, 2021 12:05 PM

Pedo Andy! But Kate's skirts! RACISM! Rescue chickens! Kate's extensions and Botox! Backlighting!

by Anonymousreply 376May 7, 2021 12:21 PM

Sorry, a lot of my blocks are showing as having posted so thought it was time. ^

by Anonymousreply 377May 7, 2021 12:21 PM

[quote]As is the case in all military helicopters,

Not necessarily.

[quote]But he's there in the pilot's seat, flying the plane.

That's exactly what the gullible are suppose to believe. The MOD is so proud of you!

by Anonymousreply 378May 7, 2021 12:32 PM

R374 that film did a great job of portraying people like Harry's 1st wife.

Philip and William and millions of others lost their mothers at a yong age and still exhibit decency, good character and empathy for others. Hazbean showed NONE of that to his grandfather, not re: his prized rifle collection, his patronages, in triggering his health decent with the Orca interview, in allowing his wife to proclaim the family focusing on dying Philip was an attempt to "muzzle" her, in not going to see him prior to death and in stunting and cutting up during the funeral on the church steps and afterward. His 1st wife merching a funeral wreath during the procession was a new low even for the Narkles.

Harry has always been very off, there are rumors of repeated in patient stays. His first wife reportedly got him off all psych meds (is that Agape Center Doria and Orcan so involved in like the Scienos when it comes to health care, and if so shouldn't that be acknowledged as a conflict rather than Harry telling teens with mental healht issues NOT to see doctors or take meds)? Harry used to seem happier, if his PR still required strenuous efforts to make him seem normal. Now he seems miserable and is almost a parody, blowing kisses to an audience of other Sunshine Sucks flunkies hyped for a showcase "humanitarian" event (I will eat my hat if money is not funneled to the Narkles in some way).

by Anonymousreply 379May 7, 2021 12:59 PM

I love you R376!

Backlighting is new to me. I have many Sunshine Sucks cleaners blocked, can't even imagine what that one was about.

Is sepia the new black & white? Is that supposed to make the child look less pale? Hopefully her rants about "pale, male and stale" won't warp the poor thing. Shame he has no family ties to offset his toxic and unstable narc parents.

by Anonymousreply 380May 7, 2021 1:01 PM

R380, backlighting is a reference to Jughead's preferred camera angle during his semi-annual hide and seek appearances for the masses.

by Anonymousreply 381May 7, 2021 1:30 PM

Actually I'm going to start referring to Dim's First Wife and his elder child, Greta (as in Garbo.)

by Anonymousreply 382May 7, 2021 1:31 PM

Lol, R381.

Now that we have moved on from b&w to sepia, who knows what the future may hold?

by Anonymousreply 383May 7, 2021 1:40 PM

I vant to enthroned.

by Anonymousreply 384May 7, 2021 1:46 PM

Curses!

To be or in this case not to be.

by Anonymousreply 385May 7, 2021 1:46 PM

"The book has already been cut in price, and is sliding down the All Books list."

R374 - What are you talking about?? Yesterday, I checked around 4:00 pm EST, Meghan's book was #9 on Amazon's "All Books List".

by Anonymousreply 386May 7, 2021 2:05 PM

r379. Please stop saying Philip lost his mother at an early age. Princess Alice lived in Buckingham Palace and died at 84. She was out of his life through most of his childhood, due to her mental illness but was very much alive. This is a woman who saved a jewish family during the nazi occupation.

by Anonymousreply 387May 7, 2021 2:07 PM

[quote] This is a woman who saved a jewish family during the nazi occupation.

While her sons-in-in law were murdering Jewish families all over Europe.

by Anonymousreply 388May 7, 2021 2:12 PM

R3887, she was institutionalized when he was 10 and in essence stopped being a constant presence in his childhood. He was shuttled around between various relatives and schools and lost a sister and her family and his guardian when he was a young teen. He did not use those losses as an excuse to behave like a teen with oppositional defiant disorder well into mid-life.

by Anonymousreply 389May 7, 2021 2:16 PM

R386 - As of 10:13 am today 07 May 2021, Meghan's book "The Bench" is #2 on Amazon's list of "New Releases in Children's Books".

I am not a major fan of Meghan's but if you are going to run her down, or anyone for that matter, please do not do it with falsehoods when there is plenty of truth out there and readily available that will get the job done.

by Anonymousreply 390May 7, 2021 2:18 PM

I am by no means condoning Nazis but of Prince Philip's brothers-in-law: one died as part of the German army during the war. Another was wounded at the Russian front and dismissed from the army after a 1944 attempt on Hitler's life - though can't find any credit to him as a conspirator. Another was invalided out of the German forces in 1940. The last was killed in the same air crash that killed Philip's sister. I leave you to decide if this constitutes murdering Jewish families all over Europe or is the kind of inflammatory broadside logic and accuracy for which we've come to count on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 391May 7, 2021 3:33 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392May 7, 2021 6:27 PM

Will the remaindered copies of THE BENCH have a tell-tale black stripe on the pages?

by Anonymousreply 393May 7, 2021 7:32 PM

Yikes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394May 7, 2021 9:05 PM

Someone please tell me what it was @R394. I can't sign up for instagram. It doesn't send me a verification code. Tia! Are you all as shocked, shocked! As I am to find that toddlers aren't interested in her diabetes inducing self worship? 😆

by Anonymousreply 395May 7, 2021 10:01 PM

The bananas of empowerment, R394!

by Anonymousreply 396May 7, 2021 10:35 PM

How NICE that Harry's enthusiasm for dress up has been acknowledged! Maybe he and Trudeau can put on a show together.

by Anonymousreply 397May 7, 2021 10:38 PM

Jan Moir, the Queen Bitch of the Daily Mail... has had a go at this and damned if it isn't funny....

"Perhaps soon she will write a companion book called Approach The Bench, focusing on the deep bond shared by father and daughter, often litigious." (I am going to admit it took me a second because I was thinking the garden bench but when the penny dropped, I roared...)

Come my love and tarry forth,

Upon this bench we’ll perch.

I’d never heard of you before we met,

Despite my hundredth Google search.

A Prince you say?

A Duke to boot,

well that’s just

fine and dandy.

I’m against unearned white privilege,

unless it comes in handy.

Let’s talk of the family we’ll raise,

Our babe, our kith, our kin.

Let’s speak of finding freedom,

and play our victim violin.

For this great symphony we have started,

over nations it will cross

And my love while you’re a father now,

Don’t forget who’s boss

by Anonymousreply 398May 7, 2021 11:37 PM

Aw, the fascist Klan Grannies quoting from their right wing bible. the Daily Mail! Nobody could mistake you scum for gay men.

'Hazbean' - sign up for @grammarly as you can't even do wordplay properly. The phrase is 'hasbeen' - what does a 'bean' have to do with anything? I know you're Polish. Welp, and English is very much your second language, but you can do better than this. Also take note that none of your lame puerile nicknames - Narkles, Sunshine Sucks - are catching on with other posters.

by Anonymousreply 399May 8, 2021 12:29 AM

This is a good watch, had lots of less known details. She once claimed to be a stripper? She is the LEAST sexy person, lol. The Men's Health grilling vid was cringe worthy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400May 8, 2021 12:35 AM

God this narcissist obsession is getting tiresome. We have hundreds of pictures of Kate Middleton over the past two years and barely any of Meghan. Meghan doesn't even have an Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 401May 8, 2021 12:48 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402May 8, 2021 3:44 AM

When the photos are colorless I think of this article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403May 8, 2021 6:03 AM

[quote]I am by no means condoning Nazis but of Prince Philip's brothers-in-law: one died as part of the German army during the war.

But that's EXACTLY what you are doing R391. It's your ignorance of the role of SS officers - Prince Philip's brothers-in law - in the extermination of the Jews of Europe that makes your highly blinkered post particularly deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 404May 8, 2021 6:15 AM

In other breaking news: 🙄 Selfies the 'perfect tool' for narcissists, says U of A researcher

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405May 8, 2021 6:37 AM

Meghan won the final part of her copyright suit against the DM's parent company just a couple of days ago and the big knifes are finally coming out, including questions about the formerly well respected judge, who simultaneously got a big promotion,

by Anonymousreply 406May 8, 2021 6:55 AM

R406--Good. Because that decision and his cushy promotion at the exact same time stinks to the high heavens. Our courts are so corrupt. In the US as well.

by Anonymousreply 407May 8, 2021 7:08 AM

No, R405, it isn't what I am doing at all.

by Anonymousreply 408May 8, 2021 11:46 AM

Sorry, I meant R404, who is fixated on Nazis and who I now have on block. Suggest she's one of the ones the rest of you might consider blocking too, on quality/mental illness control.

by Anonymousreply 409May 8, 2021 11:50 AM

Two books by two Duchesses, out in the same week. Such an amazing coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 410May 8, 2021 11:58 AM

R404 is who I call the "blinkered troll," because she uses that word all the time to try to sound British. She is certifiable.

by Anonymousreply 411May 8, 2021 12:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412May 8, 2021 1:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413May 8, 2021 1:47 PM

That was quite odd, R406. Any links to share?

by Anonymousreply 414May 8, 2021 1:49 PM

I thought they were waiting on the decision as to whether an appeal of the first judgement could proceed?

Isn't that part of the court case still up in the air?

by Anonymousreply 415May 8, 2021 4:39 PM

The grapes of wrath in that cartoon are a nice touch

by Anonymousreply 416May 8, 2021 5:07 PM

In the Archie cartoon @R413 - it has Meghan's laptop ppened with the words: Next book - The Armchair, The Stool, The Plank. LOL. Notice that flying Archie has red hair (only he doesn't in real life).

by Anonymousreply 417May 8, 2021 5:14 PM

^opened

by Anonymousreply 418May 8, 2021 5:15 PM

The new Charlie Hebdo cartoon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419May 8, 2021 5:37 PM

The appeal is pending, R415 but has never been given much of a chance of succeeding.

by Anonymousreply 420May 8, 2021 5:52 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421May 8, 2021 8:49 PM

R390 is a Nazi himself as are all the Klan Grannies with their Aryan agenda. Every day on these threads they praise straight hair over curly hair and blue eyes over brown. They were delighted when Charlotte was pictured with some gold in her hair.

by Anonymousreply 422May 8, 2021 9:48 PM

'Notice that flying Archie has red hair (only he doesn't in real life).'

Here's an example of the Nazi thinking. Red hair to this racist is proof of superiority. In actual fact, no man on earth would swap dark brown hair for ginger hair.

by Anonymousreply 423May 8, 2021 9:49 PM

'This is a good watch, had lots of less known details. '

It's badly put edited by someone who can't write or speak English very well, and is just one lie after the next.

by Anonymousreply 424May 8, 2021 9:52 PM

'She was shopping a kids book in 2019, they are repackaging and trying to monetize IG, etc.'

What IG, you cretin? She doesn't have one.

by Anonymousreply 425May 8, 2021 9:53 PM

All these bitter little vignettes and 'affectionate' cartoons from wolves like Jan Moir prove how angry the Mail is that Meghan defeated them in court. They should take care or she'll sue them again.

by Anonymousreply 426May 8, 2021 9:57 PM

Charles has other grandchildren and even seems to enjoy Camilla's grandchildren. The biggest loser here is Archie, so isolated from loving family and little cousins who might cushion the narcissm and instablity of his parents.

by Anonymousreply 427May 9, 2021 12:32 AM

OMG, 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You MUST go over to Lipstick Alley!! Medusa is an epic narc rage over glowing book reviews and Kate looked stunning in red. The DM trolling her hard. So she is on lsa posting as incognito and the lap ladies are hilariously trolling her back. The DM has had very negative articles on MM . One article has an iconic picture of Kate promoting her book with the headline " Eat your heart out Meghan." I have been howling with laughter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428May 9, 2021 2:57 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429May 9, 2021 11:19 AM

She doesn't miss any opportunity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430May 9, 2021 12:53 PM

One of her better outfits.

As caftans go.

by Anonymousreply 431May 9, 2021 12:59 PM

R430 - MeMe never misses the chance to wear Diana's Cartier watch.

by Anonymousreply 432May 9, 2021 1:22 PM

R432 she must sleep in it

by Anonymousreply 433May 9, 2021 6:02 PM

The Meghan v Kate long hair competition continues. Who will be the first to do the chop?

by Anonymousreply 434May 9, 2021 6:11 PM

The long hair looks ridiculous.

And it makes her look even fatter in the face.

by Anonymousreply 435May 9, 2021 6:21 PM

The hair may not be real.

That last round of fillers and lip work has not really settled in well.

by Anonymousreply 436May 9, 2021 7:12 PM

One of the complaints from incognito: If Meghan does it everyone criticizes her. If miss prissy great Kate does it , it is wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 437May 9, 2021 7:52 PM

This is an anonymous board, R437, what are you on about?

by Anonymousreply 438May 9, 2021 8:01 PM

Whatever their personal differences, it's kind of sad that they've weaponized access to Archie against the rest of the family. In the end, the one this really hurts is Archie and Diana 2.0.

by Anonymousreply 439May 9, 2021 9:24 PM

R429 - All women look like beached whales at this stage of pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 440May 10, 2021 1:34 PM

R440-- No they do not. I only gained 13 pounds and did not even get stretch marks. She gaines in her face. With her body type, the weight really shows on her in a way it doesn't on tall, thin people. It changes her looks permanently. She also doesn't lose her pregnancy weight easily. It takes her a long time . She openly hates children, so this pregnancy seems desperate and manipulative. But we all know that.

by Anonymousreply 441May 10, 2021 1:49 PM

R438 - The poster being quoted on here is from LSA - on LSA, if you want a post to be anonymous, you put it under "incognito".

The poster is a well-known Kate hater who routinely goes onto LSA's "Unpopular Opinions Meghan Markle" to taunt the Meghan haters. They're both much of a muchness, actually.

The Meghanstans really can't stand it as Kate goes on succeeding at Princesshood when Meghan flunked it so badly.

Kate's not prissy: she's royal-savvy. Her book is being universally praised.

Meghan's is being jeered at with every review mentioning the irony of her writing on this topic when she destroyed her husband's relationship with his father and brother, and her own son has only met his grandfather twice.

Meghan keeps fucking up the way Meghan always fucks up because she can't stop being phonier than a $3 bill, as the Cousins say.

Kate keeps succeeding because she understands two things: i1) n the Royal Survivor Games, slow and steady wins the race; and, 2) the trick is to make it about the Other - with Meghan, it always and inevitably becomes about her.

by Anonymousreply 442May 10, 2021 2:13 PM

Ah, thanks for explaining, R442.

by Anonymousreply 443May 10, 2021 2:22 PM

R441 - How do you know she openly hates children?

by Anonymousreply 444May 10, 2021 2:31 PM

Have you seen her interact with children, R444? They recoil from her. Even Arch seems to have no attachment or bond and her holding him with her wrists and showing no affection was striking too.

by Anonymousreply 445May 10, 2021 2:36 PM

Narcissists have no empathy or affection for anyone but themselves.

by Anonymousreply 446May 10, 2021 2:39 PM

Remember when she was first pregnant and was unhappy with her lot in royal life? There were rumors that she and Harry were going to resettle in Africa. They’d still be on the BRF payroll because Harry could fly back, it’s a 9 hour flight. MM could find many worthy opportunities. I thought she was against it due to her pregnancy but women are pregnant and give birth every day there. But just think if they had settled in Botswana. They’d be more popular than ever.

by Anonymousreply 447May 10, 2021 3:32 PM

She was never interested, she kept an LA based team the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 448May 10, 2021 3:56 PM

Im not heavily invested in the Meagain debacle,but it never fails to amuse me to read the comments about her. What a loon.

by Anonymousreply 449May 10, 2021 4:08 PM

R447 - QEII wanted the Sussexes to based out of Cape Town, South Africa but the courtiers and Foreign Office could not work out the details. This is explained in some detail in the Robert Lacey book: Battle of Brothers

by Anonymousreply 450May 10, 2021 4:27 PM

When Bradby spoke with Harry in SA it did not seem to be in the cards nor something Harry genuinely wanted, R450. MeGain kept an LA based team of 4, she was never going to agree to live in SA. She is a poseur and LA life suits her.

by Anonymousreply 451May 10, 2021 4:33 PM

The Recollections Part VIII is paywalled now.

by Anonymousreply 452May 10, 2021 5:43 PM

It's only at 269, R452. Is the paywalling 24/7 or just at peak times? To avoid is less than $2/month. Of course, some may be in difficult circumstances at present.

by Anonymousreply 453May 10, 2021 5:47 PM

The VAX Live concert was a major ratings flop.

"On NBC, a pair of 'Dateline' originals (0.4/0.5) posted a surprisingly strong result by Saturday standards. 'SNL Vintage' (0.4) managed to keep up the momentum in the 10pm slot. A 'VAX Live' special wasn't able to lure in viewers on ABC (0.2) or CBS (0.2). ABC followed that with an encore of 'American Idol' (0.2) while CBS went with '48 Hours' (0.3). Fox was far below the other networks with 'MLS Soccer' (0.1)." The TV Rating Guide

Meghan's book after a flurry of PR is now sliding well down the scale and already price-slashed, and as per her usual overweening assumption that no one ever sees through her, immediately drew comparisons with another (and better) book, and jeers for her picking this of all topics given her relationships with her entire family, especially her father, and having played a major role in her husband's bitter split with his father.

Kate's book, on the other hand, is a bestseller and receiving universal praise, and the Cambridges continue to accrue respect and approval.

Kate and William, you see, understand that in and of themselves they're neither special nor compelling. They're clever enough to grasp that it's their circumstances that make them interesting to the world, and so they dedicate themselves to those circumstances.

Meghan and Harry are labouring under the delusion that it is they themselves who are compelling, and they aren't.. They keep coming off as shallow, trendy, and angry - and intensely unlikable. They think saying the right things makes them likable. But likability is something innate, not something one can graft on, no matter what PR firm has been hired. William and Kate, and especially Kate, have far greater likability quotients.

With each effort like the VAX Live, Meghan's book, and the Oprah interview that ends by backfiring on them, it becomes clearer what their limitations are. Even the Oprah interview, which the networks kept trumpeting "could command up to 100 million viewers, it will rival the Super Bowl" instead got 17 million viewers, and attempts to repeat it got far less. How many times can they keep doing tell-alls on TV or updating Finding Freedom to reinforce their royal identities before they look not just mean but desperate?

I sense that the bloom is rapidly fading off the Sussex rose. It's unthinkable that Netflix didn't check on the ratings for the VAX Live programme and wonder if they've backed the wrong horse. It is becoming clearer with each effort that they're mostly hot air trying to make a buck, and that they're overreaching, overhyped, overexposed. The public is already tiring of them.

Ironically, they've burnt every bridge back to the very "circumstances" that made them remotely compelling in the first place. They were fools to leave, and not to see that even being second-rank royals they would have had instant PR without trying, luxurious lives, worthy work that they could have left their stamp on, status, class, a lovely home . . . all they had to do was play ball, and not make it clear from the outset that they were hostile, defensive, contemptuous, and wanted more more more . . . and to overshadow the future King and Queen Consort.

Oh, they'll spend the rest of their lives in luxury and wealth and a certain level of notoriety.

But it's not the same, and they'll have to keep working at it for the rest of their lives.

The next Big Sussex Thing will be the birth of their daughter. That should get them a nice flurry of attention, which both will, of course, mar by using the birth of a girl to make a few trendy pronouncements on gender equality, woman-girl power, feminism, etc.

None of which will measure up to what the Queen, who knows all about being a woman doing the top job, did when with the stroke of a pen she erased male primogeniture from the line of succession.

Ironically, Meghan and urnt all their bridges back to the circumstances that were all that made the two compelling.

by Anonymousreply 454May 11, 2021 12:50 PM

Outstanding post, R454. It really is jaw dropping to watch it.

It is exactly what Prince Philip said, it is not YOU they are interested in. And ghoster Meghan and Papa cut me off at almost 40 whinger Harry are fairly repugnant people on their own. They often seem slightly disheveled and are always angry, if you knew people like this IRL you would avoid them as trouble/trouble. As the weather warms and things re-open, the fading interest in them will plummet. If they were teens, perhaps they would be sent to Outword Bound or some such, as middle aged, the merely repel. The fortune being spent on PR is creating an ever more negative image, perhaps they should save some of it for the mortgage?

The spazz (how PC!) troll leading their PR efforts here and the work of SS elsewhere just cememnts a spiteful, nasty, negative image. They have little of any positivity to promote. In the calls connected to Hold Still, the contrast with the manner in which Catherine interacts with people is stark and infinitely preferable. One positive may be a growing in awareness of narcissism I suppose.

Even if one is not esp close to older relatives, watching what they did, probably putting Philip in the hospital with the call re: the Oprah interview, the extortion attemps the threats as he lay dying, the estrangment that was not resolved with a visit, the acting out on the church steps and merching of a funeral wreath, the forcing of a faux reconcilliation in front of cameras - most people recoil from such actions and such people and feels sorry for the children.

They are trash human beings, and at their age, they are not going to change. That Harry was said by several accounts to be introducing himself as "Diana's son" to people backstage really says it all. The exploitation of his dead mother is what he sees as his ticket to riches. Gross.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455May 11, 2021 1:36 PM

They have made themsselves radioactive re: business and social relationships, why invite litigious, vindictive and indiscrete people into your orbit?

by Anonymousreply 456May 11, 2021 1:42 PM

R545 - Did not know Kate's book could purchased in the USA.

Pre-orders for Meghan's book on Amazon are doing very well. The book will not be released until 08 June 2021.

by Anonymousreply 457May 11, 2021 2:00 PM

I don't know that one (Megs or Kate) are any better than the other, but the fact of the matter is, celebrity do-gooderism is everywhere and not really anything special. Royalty, even if celeb adjacent, is something different & special & it's difficult if not impossible to compete with that.

As someone else noted, the more distance between the Harkles & the BRF (physically & emotionally), the more the Royalty Fairy Dust starts to wear off. If Wills wasn't a royal, he'd look like any other London executive & Kate would look like any other posh wife. Any number of celebs no doubt perceive themselves as a kind of royalty (George & Amal, for example), but they lack that royal mystique

by Anonymousreply 458May 11, 2021 2:53 PM

New from Lady C

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459May 11, 2021 3:18 PM

Re the dishevelled appearance-in my experience, this is common among addicts. I wonder if they both have a level of addiction to either drugs (both) or alcohol (Harry).

by Anonymousreply 460May 11, 2021 9:25 PM

Her gurning is obvious, R460. I have thought the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 461May 11, 2021 10:05 PM

'Meghan and Harry are labouring under the delusion that it is they themselves who are compelling, and they aren't..'

Nah, you have it the wrong way round. Her book isn't selling well because it isn't personal enough, it's other people's stories and is only 40 pages long. If she or Harry brought out a juicy 500 page autobiography, that's where you'd see the big sales.

by Anonymousreply 462May 12, 2021 12:49 AM

'Any number of celebs no doubt perceive themselves as a kind of royalty (George & Amal, for example), but they lack that royal mystique'

Kate and Bald now have an active instagram account and an active youtube channel. How much mystique have they got left? Precious little. If Meghan restarted her instagram or made a youtube channel, there would be mass scorn on here from the Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 463May 12, 2021 12:52 AM

I disagree. Their public social media is all about promoting their official duties.

by Anonymousreply 464May 12, 2021 2:27 AM

Do you really want to live in a world without H and M? Whatever would you do for hate porn?

by Anonymousreply 465May 12, 2021 9:04 AM

R456 - The haters would not know what to do!

by Anonymousreply 466May 12, 2021 12:40 PM

Do I wish they would stop the media deluge? Yeah, at this point. It feels a bit like assault or desensitization therapy.

Once they exposed themselves even further as loathesome peiople all spring, it became less fun. More concerning for the kids, esp when A is being merched and had a big swollen cheek. From her cat that ate the canary smirk, it was likely not the first such pimp/pap stroll planned for the kid.

Was the world better before H&M spammed it daily with PR? Yeah. The only one who has benefited is Sunshine Sucks. H looks miserable and NOTHING will ever be enough for M.

Do I wish harm to them or their families? Of course not. That is what the stans of the Suckses do. I wish them happiness adn peaced and hope they decide to follow through on the "privacy" they bang on about. I also hope they have lessons of accountability as we all need to build good character.

by Anonymousreply 467May 12, 2021 12:50 PM

Ok. I am officially bored and sick of them. Moving on to other things.

by Anonymousreply 468May 12, 2021 2:47 PM

'Their public social media is all about promoting their official duties.'

And MERCHING everything they wear or drive around in, don't forget.

by Anonymousreply 469May 12, 2021 11:51 PM

God these two dimwits are social pariahs. Only other grifters will seek them out.

by Anonymousreply 470May 12, 2021 11:58 PM

Everyone who marries into the freeloading BRF is a champion grifter - Kate Middleton being the CEO of grifters. Hilarious that she and Wills now have a youtube channel where they merch their outfits, their kids' outifts, and merch Norfolk and Scotland for the tourist boards.

by Anonymousreply 471May 13, 2021 12:03 AM

Once things open up here soon, will join you, R468. Right now they provide entertainment although very sad for the kids.

by Anonymousreply 472May 13, 2021 12:39 AM

R465 - No fear! Trump, Marjorie Taylor-Greene, Crissy Teigen, Ellen, and we have plenty to work with across the Pond.

by Anonymousreply 473May 13, 2021 1:14 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474May 16, 2021 1:15 PM

There's got to be some resentment amongst working actors, producers, musicians and podcasters as well. But, you know, they can't really speak out.

by Anonymousreply 475May 16, 2021 1:32 PM

She even had a bitchy attitude when she was a girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476May 19, 2021 12:17 PM

'That is what the stans of the Suckses do.'

English really isn't your first language, is it, Welpie?

What you have there is a word pronounced 'suck seize' when what you want is SUSSUCKS. Shame you are an illiterate cunt as well as a racist cunt.

by Anonymousreply 477May 24, 2021 11:06 PM

A picture, or vid, really is worth a thousand words, R476!

Compassionate - euphamism for sociopathy

Humanitarian - euphamism for grifter

by Anonymousreply 478May 24, 2021 11:12 PM

'That is what the stans of the Suckses do.'

This would actually be pronounced SUCCESS so let her keep it, along with 'Hazbean' when she means 'Hazbeen'.

by Anonymousreply 479May 24, 2021 11:19 PM

'Compassionate - euphamism for sociopathy'

There's no such word as 'euphamism', spelling champ. Yet more evidence that fans of the BRF tend to be illiterate.

by Anonymousreply 480May 24, 2021 11:20 PM

Meghan's next children's book should be about a beloved Princess and her two sons.

by Anonymousreply 481May 25, 2021 2:27 AM

Arch is the next generations Redmond O'Neil

by Anonymousreply 482May 25, 2021 9:53 AM

When will "The Bench: the Movie" go into pre-production, and who will star?

by Anonymousreply 483May 27, 2021 1:09 PM

I do hope not, R482. Hopefully a good boarding school can give them some stability and secure attachments.

by Anonymousreply 484May 27, 2021 1:34 PM

"J'ai des regrets."

by Anonymousreply 485May 28, 2021 2:40 PM

R485 for the win.

Meanwhile, Kate's project, HOLD STILL is #5 on Amazon's overall bestseller list, whilst Meghan's is at 24. HOLD STILL is currently number one on the bestseller list for Amazon’s Portraits in Art, Architecture and Photography section.

by Anonymousreply 486May 29, 2021 2:02 PM

So the book was released today - any of you buy it? The Daily Mail has several articles on it and how it is not selling well (it's already half-price at some places). Kids don't like it and it reads like it's only for Prince Harry. It has grammar errors and was, according to one article, written by "a piece of furniture".

by Anonymousreply 487June 8, 2021 11:22 PM

R487 - Panned across the board, from the TIMES on down. It's a total flop, didn't even debut in the top 200, struggled up into #60 in the Children's Books space on Amazon and was discounted almost immediately.

Maybe Omid Scabies will think twice about "updating" "Finding Freedom" this August.

These two talentless tone-deaf self-absorbed opportunists have absolutely no clue who they really are. They think the world sees them the way they see themselves.

They can't even give their kid a name without exposing how cynical and unscrupulous they are.

by Anonymousreply 488June 8, 2021 11:28 PM

[quote]Maybe Omid Scabies will think twice about "updating" "Finding Freedom" this August.

I doubt he would. The publisher may have other ideas.

by Anonymousreply 489June 9, 2021 1:15 AM

R468 - See below:

Later in the day on Tuesday, 08 Jun 2021 Amazon updated their sales charts and The Bench was #3 on the American Amazon sales list and the #1 children’s book in the US. Why some people had the expectation that Meghan's book was going to do "John Grisham" numbers right out of the gate is is a little bit strange, is it not?

This is a kids’ book and it is selling VERY well for a kid's book.

by Anonymousreply 490June 9, 2021 2:28 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Sorry!!! I meant R488 not R468

by Anonymousreply 491June 9, 2021 2:31 PM

Amazon noticed that Klan Grannies who hadn't purchased the book were out in force leaving 1* reviews and now you bitches have to pay 8.99 for the privilege of trashing her.

From theiir website - 'Amazon has noticed unusual reviewing activity on this product. Due to this activity, we have limited this product to verified purchase reviews.'

by Anonymousreply 492June 9, 2021 10:48 PM

"Due to this activity, we have limited this product to verified purchase reviews.'"

Which is exactly as it should be on all book selling websites.

by Anonymousreply 493June 10, 2021 4:16 PM

So many missing posts, is the KGT trying to meet his Sunshine Shite quota?

by Anonymousreply 494June 10, 2021 4:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!