Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sad Old Sister Crist wants to be governor again

Miss Charlie voluntarily stepped down from the governorship to run for Senate. She lost the primary to Marco Rubio. She ran as an independent in the general, and lost to Marco Rubio again. Four years later she ran as a Democrat for governor, but lost to Rick Scott.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2021 2:33 PM

[quote]In the general election he lost to Rubio in a three-way race, taking 30% of the vote to Rubio's 49% and Democratic nominee Kendrick Meek's 20%. Crist's term as governor ended in January 2011.

I always wonder whether he stole more votes from Rubio or from Meek. Is he the reason we've been saddled with Rubio all these years or would Rubio have won no matter what.

In all likelihood, we would have ended up with Rubio, given the numbers. But, it's a tantalizing question, nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2021 1:43 PM

Love Crist. Hate Rubio. Maybe Crist should have come out of the closet and run for the House.

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2021 1:45 PM

Ooops. My bad.

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2021 1:47 PM

R2 - I love Crist too. Would love to see him as governor again and then in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2021 1:49 PM

Charlie was great for Florida and I would prefer to see him run for the senate. I can’t stand Rubio or lizard man.

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2021 2:08 PM

JEEZ! can't he and other politicians do ANYTHNG ELSE for a living? for a career?...

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2021 2:13 PM

Trump will out him. Expect to see pixilated pictures of his asshole on Fox News and CNN.

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2021 2:13 PM

He’d be a far better governor than the awful DeSantis or Scott.

He lost to Scott by a rather slim margin. It’s a shame that Northern Florida is such backwards bunch who only values stupidity and greed.

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2021 2:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!