Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I'd hate to be an estate agent (what do you call them in America, real estate broker?)

Showing the same shitty property over and over and over..sometimes for years!

I guess if you're in a really prosperous place it's a lot easier.

American brokers get much bigger fees than they do here in London. They're really hated here. I've had good and bad experiences of them.

Would you ever consider it as a career?

How have your experiences of them been?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2021 5:21 PM

It's a rewarding job if you really enjoy doing it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2021 12:53 PM

I would consider it, but not as full time employment. It's far too speculative for that. But it's easy and mindless work. The buyers, sellers, banks, attorneys, and title companies have all the responsibility. The agent is just a bootlicker for everyone else involved in the deal.

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2021 12:54 PM

The gay ones get laid a lot at the end of a showing day.

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2021 1:10 PM

I just had a really cute one flirting with me, R3 - hence my sudden interest. I was just thinking he must get so bored.

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2021 1:15 PM

In hot markets, like much of the U.S. is now, you can make a lot of money doing very little. You don't need a college degree, you don't even need to be very bright, just organized. It gets tough when the housing market hits a cyclic downturn, though, and the realtors I know aren't very good at planning for a rainy day.

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2021 1:17 PM
by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2021 5:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!