Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Insane people with hair triggers on the DL

There's a handful of them but they are prolific posters and intolerable.

There's the "I'm always right even when I misstate something or jump to conclusions" troll.

There's the "The DL has gone downhill, all posters are stupid now" troll.

There's the "How dare you, here's all the reasons whatever strawman I created based on a clear misinterpretation is wrong" troll.

There's the troll who labels people as "Flyover country" peasants and therefore unworthy of contributing to any discussion, based entirely on whether or not they agree or disagree with whatever they invented that you said.

It's also kind of breathtaking to me, but they NEVER ADMIT FAULT, even when it is CLEAR they made a mistake.

And in this case, they are all the same person.

This person is so ridiculous I'm starting to think they are a performance artist, because anyone who acted like this in real life would be a total nightmare to deal with.

It's either that or someone who clearly needs medication has stopped taking it. I can't imagine they would have progressed this far in life without someone smothering them in their sleep.

by Anonymousreply 54May 4, 2021 3:42 PM

Very nicely done. Don’t stop NOW!

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2021 9:36 AM

Muriel really should do something about the person who single-handedly destroyed the thread about personal spiritual beliefs.

It was an interesting conversation until they came along and relentlessly trolled every single person who expressed personal beliefs until everyone abandoned the thread.

I can only assume the person is autistic or something so be so dogged about attacking everyone who states a personal opinion, but having a rabid attack dog on the loose is a sure way to vacate any property, including a website built to host discussionsZ

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2021 10:36 AM

Autism seems to be prevalent (and even celebrated) on social media. I realize it is a spectrum and not all people with autism have the same issues, but the ones that you notice the most are just malignant.

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2021 10:52 AM

R2, that wasn't just one person but PoisonDragon was doing most of that and I like his/her posts. They are well thought out and intelligent. The crazy thing is if you believe only one person is doing it. We try and tell people that it's usually a collective but also if you can't stand differing opinions perhaps you shouldn't be here. DL has always been a vipers nest of bitchery.

Can I say Matt A the goy/Zionist troll and whoever the insane poster was on the Lennon Sisters thread that was convinced people were being monitored? Hell, maybe that was Matt too. I've often wondered if he's not attempting performance art as he seems to be desirous of some kind of job in the performing arts.

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2021 10:55 AM

If we are going to talk about hair trigger meltdowns the Harkle haters deserve a mention too.

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2021 11:06 AM

[quote]Insane people with hair triggers on the DL

You're an anti-trans troll, OP, and glancing at your posts in the Janet Mock thread, I'm left wondering what exactly you think is "insanity" or a "hair trigger temper," because you are off the hook CRAZY in those threads and apparently think you're the normal, sane one.

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2021 11:09 AM

R5 that's a good point. Even a mild comment about her or Harry that isn't rabid unhinged hatred gets you attacked, accused of being Sunshine Sachs, other PR services, or "a Stan".

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2021 11:10 AM

[quote]Muriel really should do something about the person who single-handedly destroyed the thread about personal spiritual beliefs.

You put them on ignore.

As long as I live, I will never understand why so many Dataloungers refuse to even understand what the ignore function does.

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2021 11:11 AM

R6 I'm not an 'anti trans troll", sorry to disappoint. It was relevant in the thread because Mock is trans and her rant was about it, among other things. If you have issues with what I posted, then comment on it in the thread. I am perfectly willing to debate about specific issues. Labeling everything as "CRAZY" is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2021 11:14 AM

R4 You are free to like anyone's posts that you like, but it was just one person in that other thread. I eventually blocked them and all the argumentative comments disappeared, and it was about 2/3 of all comments. The person was obsessively argumentative and domineering.

R8 I did put the person on ignore, but the person nevertheless dominated what had been a lively discussion to the point that everyone stopped sharing and the thread abruptly became inactive.

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2021 11:15 AM

[quote]The crazy thing is if you believe only one person is doing it. We try and tell people that it's usually a collective but also if you can't stand differing opinions perhaps you shouldn't be here.

Thin skin has been a real issue lately, I'm sure others have noticed it as well. People who are happy to lob insults left and right, who go into an emotional spiral if someone lightly teases them once.

There's also the guy who goes fucko bazoo at random people in threads, trying to escalate everything. Someone said "you can't find those jarred shrimp cocktails in stores anymore" and this guy replied to them twice, calling them a "retarded fucking shit-wit."

Is he a troll? Is he just off his meds? No man can say.

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2021 11:15 AM

R8 I'm not that poster but for ignore to work it really has to be a collective effort, because well-intentioned people will respond to the person even if you have the insane person blocked.

by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2021 11:16 AM

R11 the people that have no sense of humor usually have hair triggers as well.

I'll admit to being unabashedly rude to some people when I've been in a mood but for the most part I try to keep things chill.

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2021 11:20 AM

R8 it wasn't really that lively a discussion. It was the OP who was mostly talking and the one arguing with her. Other than that not too many posters. Merely posting links to books or videos doesn't a lively discussion make.

R11, yeah, I've noticed there seems to be a poster who seemingly out of the blue insults people that is way over the top for the discussion. Maybe he thinks it's funny but it comes across as insane.

by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2021 11:23 AM

I didn't label everything crazy, I said what YOU wrote was crazy, OP. It was. Paragraphs upon paragraphs of standard rightwing bigoted talking points, lots of ALL CAPS and exclamation marks, insulting anyone who says anything you disagree with, and it also looks like you bring trans into threads that don't have anything to do with trans.

I'd cop to that one myself, since I brought it up here, but everything you've said makes me 99.9% sure that what this thread is REALLY about is that you got called out for being a nutjob anti-trans troll who has tried to take over Datalounge, and now you're whining about it.

This thread reeks of the same sketchy agenda that all those "free speech is being suppressed on DL" threads used to, where within three or four posts the OP would inevitably blurt out that they'd been posting anti-trans or anti-immigrant or racist trollbait and got a 12-hour ban and was now sobbing inconsolably about it.

by Anonymousreply 15May 4, 2021 11:23 AM

The only poster I have on ignore is the dickhead that always accuses multiple posters in a thread of being the same person. I don't need to read the posts of someone THAT retarded.

by Anonymousreply 16May 4, 2021 11:29 AM

Granted, sarcasm & (attempted) humor don't always come across well, but I am amazed by the people who berserk over innocuous subjects (like the BRF family), ranting on about how stupid & uniformed some comment is. It'd be one thing if the subject actually mattered, but the more trivial the topic, the more emotionally invested people are. I can't imagine how these people cope with *real* frustrations

by Anonymousreply 17May 4, 2021 11:29 AM

I'm the anti-Klan Granny troll, don't forget me

by Anonymousreply 18May 4, 2021 11:29 AM

The current batch of insane trolls are a mere shadow of the golden era of trollery, though. Who can forget the Yellow Skin Troll? And when was the last time we were privileged to witness an erudite and thoughtful discussion of the relative merits of Julie Andrews and Angela Lansbury?

Truly our glory days are past.

by Anonymousreply 19May 4, 2021 11:34 AM

R15 if you want to discuss it, then respond in that thread about specifics. Nothing I wrote was crazy and I'm not a right winger.

Meanwhile here you are in this thread, accusing me of being crazy, being a troll, of having some sort of duplicitous purpose for posting the thread, among other things.

This thread isn't really about the "people who immediately accuse you of being a Trump supporter or Russian bot or posting an EST" trolls, but you've provided a nice example of that regardless.

Who's the crazy one here, again?

by Anonymousreply 20May 4, 2021 11:47 AM

Oh lord, the Angela Lansbury threads were a bloodbath.

by Anonymousreply 21May 4, 2021 11:47 AM

and that's why I love DL R21. Where else could Angela Lansbury incur such a bloodbath?

by Anonymousreply 22May 4, 2021 12:03 PM

The residents of Cabot Cove would like to talk to you, R22.

by Anonymousreply 23May 4, 2021 12:04 PM

Semi-related, but I sort of admire the steady reliable posting of the soap opera threads and their commentary.

by Anonymousreply 24May 4, 2021 12:06 PM

10 years ago a thread like this would never have been created on DL. No way. It was accepted you post on DL at your own peril.

by Anonymousreply 25May 4, 2021 12:13 PM

[quote]The only poster I have on ignore is the dickhead that always accuses multiple posters in a thread of being the same person.

Isn't that also the nut from the Lennon Sisters thread? She was accusing me and two other posters of being the same person along with "they are watching you, just wait".

by Anonymousreply 26May 4, 2021 12:18 PM

R25 there's pointless bitchery and then there's mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 27May 4, 2021 12:22 PM

I feel like G/R/Umpy posted stuff like this, though. Wasn't he complaining about being mistreated a lot?

by Anonymousreply 28May 4, 2021 12:24 PM

That sure sounds like him, R26.

by Anonymousreply 29May 4, 2021 12:26 PM

God, I barely remember Grumpy. I don't remember his posts but I remember the name.

by Anonymousreply 30May 4, 2021 12:27 PM

I never block anyone. This board is the spice of life.

by Anonymousreply 31May 4, 2021 12:32 PM

Blocking doesn't really work against the truly insane posters who respond to everything. Mainly because the threads slow to a crawl due to the sheer volume of posts they put out.

by Anonymousreply 32May 4, 2021 12:36 PM

OP, this thread makes sense (except for your title). I enjoy DL for all the bitchiness and sarcasm but the threads deteriorate somewhere around the 25th response into exactly what you describe. I usually lose interest in an otherwise interesting thread when it goes off the rails with two or three people arguing among themselves. Also, I'm going to humble brag here: If someone tells me I'm wrong and proves it, I always apologize in the thread.

by Anonymousreply 33May 4, 2021 12:53 PM

R33 that is a noble quality not shared by many.

by Anonymousreply 34May 4, 2021 12:55 PM

Every so often there is a thread to the effect of "What Medications Are You On?" and I am always blown away by the number of posters who are on antidepressants, anti-anxiety and other mental health related drugs.

That is likely your answer OP and it is clearly more than just one person

by Anonymousreply 35May 4, 2021 1:00 PM

I see what you did there, OP. :)

by Anonymousreply 36May 4, 2021 1:01 PM

Where does the scat troll fit in all of this? I don’t think he’s the side gets triggered.

by Anonymousreply 37May 4, 2021 1:02 PM

"—I'm a big boy now"

Oh, great, the "I'm the only mature one here troll" is weighing in

by Anonymousreply 38May 4, 2021 1:03 PM

We're all trolls.

by Anonymousreply 39May 4, 2021 1:03 PM

R38 Calling out trolls-troll: That must be a full-time job...thank you for your efforts.

by Anonymousreply 40May 4, 2021 1:04 PM

Great, the "both sides" troll is here

by Anonymousreply 41May 4, 2021 1:05 PM

@r40, it's a tough job, but someone has to do it

by Anonymousreply 42May 4, 2021 1:07 PM

R41 / R42 I love you both!

by Anonymousreply 43May 4, 2021 1:09 PM

^Thank you

by Anonymousreply 44May 4, 2021 1:13 PM

I’m the “all the sides matter” troll! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 45May 4, 2021 1:47 PM

I see that the misspelled signature troll has put in an appearance.

by Anonymousreply 46May 4, 2021 2:22 PM

The Harkle-haters who get upset when you point out that sunny Montecito is preferable to a cold, draughty castle.

People who get upset about other people having spiritual beliefs.

Me, when I see the lack of celeb gossip on this site.

by Anonymousreply 47May 4, 2021 2:29 PM

There used to be someone who would pounce on the use of the word "Eskimo", even when used to refer to Native peoples in the community of Nome and the Bering Straits region.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 4, 2021 2:45 PM

[quote]People who get upset about other people having spiritual beliefs.

Agreed; they want to pounce on people, call them stupid & practically accuse them of publicly stoning gays & women. No one's trying to convert you & you don't have to agree - why get all whipped over it?

by Anonymousreply 49May 4, 2021 2:48 PM

There are somewhere between a dozen and oh, maybe 20 posters who are either trolls with excessive time on their hands or are just purely mentally ill.

Several have been mentioned above.

Not just posting something that's contentious every once in a while, but posting the same thing every day, and/or fueling/feeding threads.

by Anonymousreply 50May 4, 2021 2:51 PM

I'm not sure which person who says that posters are being watched you guys are talking about, but there is one person who I am almost certain came here for the Meghan threads originally, who for some reason always posts some complicated stuff about how moderators on LSA are secret white supremacists, and that the FBI and Mediapolis are involved, and posts have been "reported and logged" or something like that.

If that's who you're talking about, I genuinely feel badly for them, because I think it's a case of someone not quite understanding how the internet works.

by Anonymousreply 51May 4, 2021 3:11 PM

Black, White, liberal or not, a cunt is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 52May 4, 2021 3:16 PM

R51 the problem (among others) is that they THINK they do. A lot of people get rudimentary knowledge of a thing and then assume they're as good as experts. Or they Google and suddenly they have as much knowledge as a PhD.

by Anonymousreply 53May 4, 2021 3:35 PM

Let's not forget the uncut vs. cut.

by Anonymousreply 54May 4, 2021 3:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!