Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Conan O’Brien Show Ending

Again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2021 5:20 AM

Can you cancel somethin g that nobody knew was still on?

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2021 4:44 AM

I'm not sure why he bothered with this show, it was completely irrelevant culturally. I get maybe he wanted to save face after the tonight show debacle. His late night show 30 years ago was fun but this wasn't it.

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2021 4:59 AM

[quote] Again?

He's ending it again after he said he'd end it last November?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2021 5:00 AM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2021 5:02 AM

Never liked his brand of humor. Reminds me of Big Bird.

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2021 5:03 AM

What would have happened if he had taken the 12am slot and let Leno do a half hour before him like they wanted to?

Would he have been replaced by Jimmy Fallon?

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2021 5:04 AM

I think he’s probably a bit tired of the 5-nights-a-week grind. It’s not like he’s going away. Talk shows are irrelevant now anyway. A variety show is better situated to pump out viral clips for Twitter, which is all TV is good for now anyway.

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2021 5:08 AM

I caught Conan's TBS show a few times here & there over the years. He was always good for a few laughs. But with low ratings & no NBC Machine behind him, he didn't get the "A List" guests anymore. Even still, he was STILL a hell of a lot more entertaining than Jimmy Kimmel, Seth Meyers, Stephen Colbert, etc!

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2021 5:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!