Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why are ugly people treated so bad?

It's not their fault, they were born that way.

The number one insult on DL has to do with how someone looks.

No, I'm not ugly before you cunts assume I am, I'm actually a very handsome man in my early 30s. But I feel bad for ugly people

by Anonymousreply 24May 4, 2021 1:28 PM

I think it is probably mostly a subliminal reaction - like a lot of our behaviors. And there are probably evolutionary reasons for it, "cruel" though it may be...

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2021 2:55 AM

Not a matter of "fault", OP, just preference. I don't mind associating with ugly people but can't bear stupid ones. That's not their fault either, they can't help it and there's no way to cure it -- education is wasted on those who are stupid. I pity them but can't put up with them for more than a few minutes.

So I can understand how someone wouldn't want to spend time with an ugly person, let alone have sex with him. Hating to look at someone doesn't justify treating him badly, though -- just close your eyes or excuse yourself and leave the room.

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2021 3:26 AM

I have very deep fear of developing “can face.” Oh, I’m a man.

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2021 3:31 AM

^cane face

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2021 3:31 AM

Generally speaking unattractive people have less regular features which we subconsciously associate with poor health or a medical disorder. Also, we like people who look like us? We hang out with people at similar levels of attractiveness.

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2021 3:32 AM

R4, can-face sounds pretty bad too.

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2021 3:32 AM

I have news for all the "pretty people" of Datalounge. You are not as pretty as you think you are. There is always someone who will look at you and see nothing but the faults that you so carefully try to conceal. Those faults, my friends, only become more pronounced with each passing year on your march to becoming an unwanted and unloved "eldergay".

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2021 3:38 AM

They get what they deserve

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2021 3:42 AM

Being ugly is a choice. I chose not to be ugly, so I did something about it. Now, I'm stunning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2021 3:45 AM

OP is dying for a bunch of strangers on the internet to know he's not ugly. "like omg what is it like to not be gorgeous, I can't even imagine lol". Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2021 3:49 AM

Ugly hurts…

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2021 3:53 AM

A man can be as ugly as Quasimodo,but if hes packing 12 fat inches he will never sleep alone. And you all know it.

by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2021 4:27 AM

Op, you may not be ugly, though I suspect most would say you are, but you certainly are shallow and rather dull and that's worse

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2021 4:29 AM

R13, most people would say I'm attractive. I got a lot of action in my active 20s (as a top), but I've been in a relationship the past two years. Thanks for proving my point that every comeback is a reference to someone's looks, even though this is an anonymous forum and we don't know what anyone looks like.

Odd.

by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2021 4:37 AM

Which is worse OP: narcissistic, stupid, boring, or ugly? You’ve well demonstrated you’re three out of four. Upload a photo, and we’ll decide if you score the jackpot.

by Anonymousreply 15May 4, 2021 5:12 AM

Mean is worse than ugly or stupid.

by Anonymousreply 16May 4, 2021 6:08 AM

I find that "ugly" people who I've come to know and like, especially really smart and funny ones, become beautiful in my eyes.

"Beautiful" people, on the other hand, who are self-absorbed, selfish, uninformed bores become ugly pretty quick. Their beauty loses its appeal when their true nature emerges.

My first lover was gorgeous, he was the statue David in the flesh. We had a few good years until the lying and cheating was impossible to ignore, people would flirt with him in front of me, and I had to get out. It was a long traumatic breakup because in reality he was extremely emotionally fragile, but without trust it's hard to have love. For along time after that I was wary of the more attractive guys. Then I found out ordinary guys can be assholes, too.

Now that I'm older, whoever the person, what I appreciate is humor, integrity, energy, and intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 17May 4, 2021 6:09 AM

Grammar and spelling police, sorry about the typos,. ^

by Anonymousreply 18May 4, 2021 6:11 AM

I met a guy who looked nothing like his photo. At first I was disappointed and not attracted to him. Then i got to know him. He was cute and intelligent and endearing and articulate and spoke beautifully and I fell head over heals. It was a lesson in prejudice for me.

by Anonymousreply 19May 4, 2021 6:30 AM

In college I got to know a Korean girl rather well. For some reason or other, I used the expression "ugly duckling" around her, and she demanded to know the reason, so I had to tell her the fairy tale. Anyway, she said, "we could never have that fairy tale in Korea". I said "why not?" She said "because, In Korea we have a common saying, "ugly on the outside, ugly on the inside". I thought that was very harsh but after reflection, I realized that Korea had a long history of believing in reincarnation. Of course to people who believe in reincarnation, it makes perfect sense that only someone who had done something heinous in a previous life would be born into an ugly face.

But yes, DL is rather fixated on looks and bodies. However, some of the people extolled here as beauties do not strike me that way at all, so it truly is in the eye of the beholder.

by Anonymousreply 20May 4, 2021 6:54 AM

I'm sorry but what men AREN'T fixated on bodies and looks? It's got nothing to do with DL

by Anonymousreply 21May 4, 2021 7:04 AM

Many are only friendly to those that are as or more fuckable than they are, at least regarding their target fuck audience.

by Anonymousreply 22May 4, 2021 7:11 AM

OP refers to herself as “a handsome man” in their early thirties. Obviously, OP thinks there is a stigma to being ugly, since the felt the need to let DLers know how attractive they allegedly are. OP’s looks don’t matter. This is a legit question that lost it’s power when OP had to clarify how un-ugly she is.

by Anonymousreply 23May 4, 2021 7:21 AM

R23, it's OK to refer to OP as "he", since he tells us that he's male -- so no need to use the ambiguous "they" and "their" as if you don't know which pronoun is accurate. And using "herself" and "she" is SO cutesy!, but just adds to the ambiguity. Your post sounds as if you're talking about a crowd of people.

by Anonymousreply 24May 4, 2021 1:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!