Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Bidens and the Carters...

Love this photo and the humbleness of the Carters and their home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187May 7, 2021 7:04 PM

I know folks shrink as they age, but it never occured to me just how small The Carters are.

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2021 2:24 AM

Rosalynn Carter looks like a miniature person or a doll next to Biden.

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2021 2:25 AM

I love the Carters but Biden looks like he's holding a ventriloquist dummy.

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2021 2:25 AM

Biden looks so handsome in that electric blue suit...love that color. Jill looks chic.

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2021 2:27 AM

I also know the pain and humiliation of not being offered a seat.

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2021 2:27 AM

A portrait of DECENT Americans.

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2021 2:28 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2021 2:29 AM

Makes me teary eyed.

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2021 2:29 AM

I'm glad the Carters got to see another democrat win Georgia

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2021 2:30 AM

I'm glad they got to visit.

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2021 2:31 AM

America’s two worst presidents meet.

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2021 2:32 AM

And on the next episode of "WIFE SWAP"!

by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2021 2:32 AM

These rich white people sure live long.

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2021 2:32 AM

Sorry, no R11. The worst would be the orange piece of shit playing golf in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2021 2:33 AM

Seeking advice on how to be a one term president?

by Anonymousreply 15May 4, 2021 2:35 AM

oh my GAH! the carters are the only folks who truly make the bidens seem YOUNG

by Anonymousreply 16May 4, 2021 2:35 AM

96 and 93. WOW! Lovely!

by Anonymousreply 17May 4, 2021 2:35 AM

r15 If he wanted to know that he could've asked Trump

by Anonymousreply 18May 4, 2021 2:36 AM

I will cry when Jimmy goes. That is my childhood.

by Anonymousreply 19May 4, 2021 2:36 AM

I love how deplorables claim Biden is the WORST ever yet he's doing a much better job than Turd did in his entire 4 years and he's only in his first year.

by Anonymousreply 20May 4, 2021 2:38 AM

r19, same here. We have so few public figures that give like they have. The Carters, Rev. Barber...who else?

by Anonymousreply 21May 4, 2021 2:41 AM

R11 was referring to this meeting:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 4, 2021 2:44 AM

The Carters?

Where is Beyonce???

by Anonymousreply 23May 4, 2021 2:44 AM

If Biden stood up his head would hit the ceiling. Even the furniture is tiny, WTF is going on in that photo?

by Anonymousreply 24May 4, 2021 2:45 AM

Perhaps just the camera angle R24.

by Anonymousreply 25May 4, 2021 2:46 AM

I’m so grateful that Carter didn’t die while Trump was President. He’s a tenacious old cuss; bless him. Love the pic OP; thanks

by Anonymousreply 26May 4, 2021 2:50 AM

I will NEVER forgive Jimmy Carter.

He had the unmitigated bad taste to wear a Cardigan sweater in the Oval Office!

Thank the Lord Jesus Christ Almighty for ridding us of these two uncouth, backwoods, peanut-farming Georgia bumpkins after one term, and blessing us with the eternally well-dressed, fashionable, dignified, and classy Reagans!

by Anonymousreply 27May 4, 2021 3:01 AM

The chairs are tiny and the pictures are hung low. Jimmy is slouched in the chair so it makes it look like it's miniature but it's not really a camera lens.

by Anonymousreply 28May 4, 2021 3:01 AM

The Bidens look like they stepped into a dollhouse.

by Anonymousreply 29May 4, 2021 3:06 AM

Try picturing Joe sitting in Rosalyn’s chair, it’s bizarre. We’re the Biden’s badly photoshopped into that scene or something?

by Anonymousreply 30May 4, 2021 3:10 AM

It's the angle, let it go...

by Anonymousreply 31May 4, 2021 3:12 AM

Can someone please post the pic again? All I see is a green line.

by Anonymousreply 32May 4, 2021 3:22 AM

[quote] The Bidens look like they stepped into a dollhouse.

Seriously. And what’s the deal with them kneeling on the floor next to those 2 teeny tiny petrified old fossils? It’s kind of creepy.

by Anonymousreply 33May 4, 2021 3:22 AM

r32, here you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 4, 2021 3:24 AM

Thanks R34

by Anonymousreply 35May 4, 2021 3:27 AM

Four decent people, but... It reminds me of the old Geico tiny house commercial.

by Anonymousreply 36May 4, 2021 3:27 AM

Amy is bathing in the coffee cup..

by Anonymousreply 37May 4, 2021 3:27 AM

Carter carried his own luggage when boarding his helicopter for Camp David to prove he was a man of the people. Of course according his staff, the suitcases were empty. Neither he or Mrs Carter were very well liked by the people worked for them at the White House including my father. So, I have no use for them.

by Anonymousreply 38May 4, 2021 3:27 AM

I don't really believe that R38. My father met Carter several times (he was a WH journalist) and said he was the most genuine "christian" he'd ever met and my dad was not a big "christian" fan.

by Anonymousreply 39May 4, 2021 3:31 AM

I'll bet the Carters still don't poop their pants like the former guy

I'd love to know what Carter and Biden talked about? How to survive the republican menace?

by Anonymousreply 40May 4, 2021 3:36 AM

Yes but can Mrs. Carter speak 5 languages?

by Anonymousreply 41May 4, 2021 3:42 AM

Biden's approval rating today is 59 percent. The highest Trump ever scored was ha ha ha 47 percent. Pathetic, just like his penis.

by Anonymousreply 42May 4, 2021 3:52 AM

Of course he was honest, and america hated him for it. Apparently they don't want honesty they want a charismatic bullshitter to lie to them like Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 43May 4, 2021 3:53 AM

People on Twitter are saying the photographer had to use a certain lens to capture them all because it was in the Carter's home. That contributed to the weird curvature and weird perspective.

by Anonymousreply 44May 4, 2021 3:55 AM

[quote] Of course he was honest, and america hated him for it

True.

If people would have supported him, and heard the very hard truths Americans needed to hear at that time, we might be in a very different place in so many ways.

by Anonymousreply 45May 4, 2021 3:56 AM

I’m glad Rosalynn is still working. Did Joe ask her how that’s going — representing the lollipop guild?

by Anonymousreply 46May 4, 2021 6:57 AM

R37 I often smile at some of the funny things people post here. But this, I believe, was the first time I ever laughed out loud at something here. That was very funny.

by Anonymousreply 47May 4, 2021 7:00 AM

R43. Agreed, and had Carter won a second term, it would have delayed and perhaps even prevented the poisons that Reagan injected into the American political system: Government is bad; cut taxes drastically and the money will trickle down from the wealthy to the poor; fire striking unionized employees; impugn the integrity of your political opponents; ignore people dying of a viral disease. Reagan was the beginning of all the travesties we live with now. As a Boomer, the only thing I'll take the blame for from younger generations is I should have worked harder to get Carter re-elected.

by Anonymousreply 48May 4, 2021 7:17 AM

I love the Carters, and I'm delighted to report that Sumter County GA where they live, went Biden 52% to 47%.

The Bidens are closer to the camera, and the wide angle lens also distorts size near the picture edges.

by Anonymousreply 49May 4, 2021 7:18 AM

^^ I was going to mention, look how gigantic Jimmy's feet are!

by Anonymousreply 50May 4, 2021 7:23 AM

The Biden's wear masks outside but not indoors next to the ancient Carters and y'all eat it up. I hope they all catch covid from each other.

by Anonymousreply 51May 4, 2021 7:29 AM

They're all vaccinated and undoubtedly recently tested for Covid, psycho @R51.

by Anonymousreply 52May 4, 2021 7:32 AM

"—Them's peanut-stompin' feet!"

Does Jimmy still make his world famous peanut wine?

by Anonymousreply 53May 4, 2021 7:39 AM

The Carter's wedding picture. They're the same age as my parents and have been married just as long

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 4, 2021 7:45 AM

The Carter's stole my dead mother's powder blue living room.

by Anonymousreply 55May 4, 2021 7:46 AM

I'd love the photo if the Bidens weren't in it. But to their credit, at least they took a time-out from their "purposefully walking outside the White House" publicity photo shoots.

by Anonymousreply 56May 4, 2021 7:48 AM

The portrait on the wall of Rosalyn and Amy Carter made me think of the old Breck Shampoo ads; same painting style!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 4, 2021 8:05 AM

Why shouldn't the Biden's walk outside? Better that than walking to a church for a photo op with a bible while peaceful protesters are being attacked.

by Anonymousreply 58May 4, 2021 10:05 AM

I have never seen an ex head of state live so humbly.

by Anonymousreply 59May 4, 2021 12:16 PM

Because Jimmy Carter long ago reached the status of secular Saint r59

by Anonymousreply 60May 4, 2021 12:24 PM

I love the picture, but . . .

Rosalynn Carter IS The Incredible Shrinking Woman

Also, when I'm that age I hope I know the importance of buying pants with the right inseam measurement

[quote]The Biden's wear masks outside but not indoors next to the ancient Carters and y'all eat it up. I hope they all catch covid from each other.

Catch it how? What is it about having been vaccinated that people don't understand?

by Anonymousreply 61May 4, 2021 12:39 PM

I want Joe’s suit

by Anonymousreply 62May 4, 2021 12:40 PM

You can tell they still fuck.

by Anonymousreply 63May 4, 2021 12:50 PM

Wholesome AF

by Anonymousreply 64May 4, 2021 1:11 PM

Wholesome fucks

by Anonymousreply 65May 4, 2021 1:13 PM

That’s really cool since Carter was the first Democratic President Biden got to work with after joining the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 66May 4, 2021 1:33 PM

r63, The Bidens or the Carters?

by Anonymousreply 67May 4, 2021 1:53 PM

both, together

by Anonymousreply 68May 4, 2021 1:59 PM

I always felt so sorry for their daughter, she had to look like she did in the public eye. At least the press wasn't quite as cruel as they would be to poor Chelsea. I always like to think Amy called Chelsea, and was a support for Chelsea during the Clinton years, but, being a Carter, did not seek publicity for the kindness.

by Anonymousreply 69May 4, 2021 2:09 PM

Joe's suit is gorgeous, as is Dr. Jill.

The Carters NEVER would have received the former and his whore in their home.

by Anonymousreply 70May 4, 2021 2:10 PM

I tried to say something nice about Jimmy Carter the other day and my boyfriend snapped at me about him being a homophobe. I know he's very religious -- it's a Pope type situation right, love the sinner hate the sin? I am far younger, I don't know Jimmy Carter from Mamie Eisenhower

by Anonymousreply 71May 4, 2021 2:14 PM

R71, Jimmy thinks Jesus would be fine with gay marriage. The man is a true Christian, if there ever was one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 4, 2021 2:17 PM

Lovely picture. I'm sure afterwards they whipped out their metal straws and pierced an infant's neck nape to slurp on some refreshing adrenochrome.

by Anonymousreply 73May 4, 2021 2:23 PM

indeed he is

by Anonymousreply 74May 4, 2021 2:26 PM

r71, tell your boyfriend that Bible-reading Carter is quoted as saying that homosexuality was VERY well-known in the era of Jesus yet Jesus chose to never mention it once, so if He had no issue with it then we shouldn't either

by Anonymousreply 75May 4, 2021 2:28 PM

Swingers?

by Anonymousreply 76May 4, 2021 2:32 PM

That is a shot that needed the peculiar genius of Diane Arbus behind the camera.

by Anonymousreply 77May 4, 2021 2:34 PM

I love their wedding day picture; so much happiness. They look like some earnest young couple from a Jimmy Stewart movie

Carter is a mixed bag, but you have to give him this: his good works since the end of his presidency have overshadowed his less than stellar time in office. He may not be a good leader (or a good boss, as someone else noted), but he's a good human.

by Anonymousreply 78May 4, 2021 2:46 PM

[quote] He may not be a good leader (or a good boss, as someone else noted), but he's a good human.

What the fuck kind of compliment is that?

by Anonymousreply 79May 4, 2021 3:53 PM

Someone wrote, I hope the Bidens enjoyed their visit to the Shire.

by Anonymousreply 80May 4, 2021 4:02 PM

I was living in Atlanta when Amy was in college there. She used to work at Chapter 11 bookstore right down the street from my house. She was extremely shy and would get very upset when people would point and look at her. Bless her heart, she was such a homely thing

by Anonymousreply 81May 4, 2021 7:29 PM

^ (cont) But when they say, "there's a cover for every pot", they weren't kidding when it came to Amy and her husband...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 4, 2021 7:32 PM

I’m glad Carter has lived long enough to help restore his image. He’s a decent guy but was a fucking shitty President

by Anonymousreply 83May 4, 2021 7:40 PM

Carter wasn't that bad a president but he was president during a fucked up time. Hostage situations, recession, etc.............

If you look at key events he actually accomplished some pretty impressive things diplomatically speaking.

by Anonymousreply 84May 4, 2021 7:47 PM

Just before he became famous. Hilarious clip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 4, 2021 7:55 PM

Don't forget that Jimmy gave us Billy Carter. A loveable, awkward hillbilly if there ever was one.

by Anonymousreply 86May 4, 2021 7:58 PM

Did the Bidens make the pilgrimage there because Jimmy is on his way out?

by Anonymousreply 87May 4, 2021 8:07 PM

Everyone keeps talking about how humble the Carters live. I don see anything wrong with having a nice home and property to live in post presidency.

It's not like anyone lives in some crazy ridiculous Mega Mansion in some obscene Tony neighborhood. Well...the Reagans did live in Bel Air. But their house wasn't a mansion, it was a mid century modern home.

The Obamas have nice home's too, but again it's nothing crazy. The same with the Clintons and the Bushes already had that huge Crawford ranch before they went to the white house. They bought the other house right before leaving office.

Trump is the only former president who is ridiculous with his real estate and living situation.

You can't expect everyone to live modestly, that's basically a security risk. They have to be behind the gates today and have really good protection in this highly political polarized atmosphere we live in today.

by Anonymousreply 88May 4, 2021 8:12 PM

Trump is tacky, that's why.

by Anonymousreply 89May 4, 2021 8:16 PM

"The Obamas have nice home's too, but again it's nothing crazy."

Oh, please... Not that there's anything wrong with it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 4, 2021 8:18 PM

Carter took the fall for the stinking economy he inherited. The cynical press, who hated Nixon, didn't give Carter a chance. Roslyn wore a dress from Sears for the inauguration, BFD. His family owned a profitable business that happened to be a peanut farm, BFD. Every little meaningless incident was portrayed as a scandal.

by Anonymousreply 91May 4, 2021 8:20 PM

I thought Bilbo Baggins was a bachelor.

by Anonymousreply 92May 4, 2021 8:23 PM

Honey, I Shrunk the Carters

by Anonymousreply 93May 4, 2021 8:31 PM

[quote] Carter wasn't that bad a president but he was president during a fucked up time.

Not only did he not unfuck it, he made things much worse by his incompetence. The country needed someone decisive, who would retaliate against our enemies, who would break the Soviets, who would reform the government, the tax system and the economy, and who would be a great communicator.

by Anonymousreply 94May 4, 2021 8:45 PM

How exactly was he supposed to "unfuck it" R94?

by Anonymousreply 95May 4, 2021 8:48 PM

I have extended family who live not very far from Plains GA in tiny rural Georgia towns and almost all of them have turned Republican. But they all say that Jimmy and Rosalyn Carter are incredibly humble, decent people and are well loved in the area. I think Jimmy Carter was the type of politician who truly believed in public service and trying to put forward ethical, honest policy for the betterment of all the citizens of the country. I think for years after his presidency Jimmy Carter still taught a Sunday School class in their Baptist church. To go from that to slick actor Reagan who was all about appearance and enriching his cronies and donors while paying lip service to "born again" evangelicals who only cared about abortion, gays, and prayer in school. A politician can be a pussygrabbing, lying, cheating, thrice married, hopped up on drugs, vain, obese, ignorant idiot but if he promises to overturn Roe v Wade by God he has the Christian vote. To someone like Jimmy Carter that has to boggle the mind.

by Anonymousreply 96May 4, 2021 8:50 PM

Like R91 said. Carter took the blame for shit that really wasn't his fault and those things are more complicated to "fix" than we can comprehend. It's like when dipshit deplorable blame democratic presidents for oil prices or give credit for oil prices. The president has little if nothing to do with that.

by Anonymousreply 97May 4, 2021 8:51 PM

As has been noted in another thread, Jimmy, per his most recent biographer, Jonathan Alter, is now blind.

by Anonymousreply 98May 4, 2021 8:52 PM

Well, that's in the wrong thread...

by Anonymousreply 99May 4, 2021 8:53 PM

Looks like this pic was shot with that same stretchy distorting wide angle lens realtors use to make rooms look bigger.

by Anonymousreply 100May 4, 2021 8:54 PM

[quote] How exactly was he supposed to "unfuck it" [R94]?

By being a competent president instead?

by Anonymousreply 101May 4, 2021 8:58 PM

A competent president still may not be able to fix certain things. That's the point. Both Clinton and Obama were competent presidents and they couldn't "fix" everything, much of it having to do with being stymied by the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 102May 4, 2021 9:01 PM

He got rid of inflation but you have to raise interest rates to do it and that's not popular. Reagan should have thanked him for that.

by Anonymousreply 103May 4, 2021 9:04 PM

That photographer is a real asshole. What a dirty trick.

by Anonymousreply 104May 4, 2021 9:15 PM

They look Photo-shopped. Badly.

by Anonymousreply 105May 4, 2021 9:18 PM

I'm assuming the photographer didn't have a lot of space and had to use a different lense to get everyone in the shot.

by Anonymousreply 106May 4, 2021 9:20 PM

[quote] He got rid of inflation

If you are going to attempt revisionism, you should try with something less well documented. The inflation rate for Carter’s last year in office was 13.5%. It was 5.7% the year before he took office. Inflation skyrocketed under Carter’s mismanagement.

by Anonymousreply 107May 4, 2021 9:25 PM

The Carters approved and posted the photo so don’t blame me!

by Anonymousreply 108May 4, 2021 9:31 PM

There's no excuse for this fun house photo. For whatever reason the shot was manipulated and the result is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 109May 4, 2021 9:55 PM

Carter was not a good manager and wasn’t good at blowing smoke up Americans’ asses like Reagan. He was a grim president for a grim time.

by Anonymousreply 110May 4, 2021 10:31 PM

The chair next to Biden looks normal sized in relation to him.. so the two miniature couches are custom made, including that side table.. the frames on the wall are also low. Strange.

by Anonymousreply 111May 4, 2021 10:40 PM

It’s like a Diane Arbus (but color).

by Anonymousreply 112May 4, 2021 10:52 PM

r111 Maybe the Carters want furniture that is suitable for their situation.

by Anonymousreply 113May 4, 2021 10:53 PM

Yes.. i should’ve written "it looks strange“. It does make sense if you’ve shrunk to 4 ft.

by Anonymousreply 114May 4, 2021 10:58 PM

I have always loved him, maybe because he was president when I was born or maybe because he’s actually a good guy.

Semi related: I have an unopened can of Billy Beer (it was my Dad’s)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115May 5, 2021 12:01 AM

pretty tiles

by Anonymousreply 116May 5, 2021 12:41 PM

The WAPO has the explanation:

At 5-foot-5 and 5-foot-10, the Carters “aren’t tiny people, but they are in the medium-to-smaller size among presidents and first ladies,” Alter told The Washington Post. That, and “the fact that when you’re very old, you shrink.” (Joe Biden, by comparison, is just under 6 feet tall, although the first lady is about half a foot shorter.)

Marlena Sloss, a freelance photographer in San Francisco and contributor to The Post, said the image also appeared to have been captured with strong flash and a wide-angle lens.

Although President Biden is kneeling much farther in front of Rosalynn Carter, the flash reduces shadows, a key part of what allows objects to have depth. The resulting effect is that Biden and Rosalynn Carter appear to be side-by-side on the same plane, she said.

This illusion is magnified by the fact that the photographer probably used a very wide angle lens, which helps to capture everything in the frame from within a tight space.

Another factor in the optics of the photo, perhaps, is Carter’s slim build, Alter said. The former president regularly ran long distances while living in the White House, learned to ski in his 60s, and — even well into his 90s — traveled to exotic locales like Siberia for fly-fishing trips. He was also a skilled carpenter who crafted many pieces of wooden furniture, including the round coffee table on display in the image.

by Anonymousreply 117May 5, 2021 12:48 PM

The WAPO has the scoop:

At 5-foot-5 and 5-foot-10, the Carters “aren’t tiny people, but they are in the medium-to-smaller size among presidents and first ladies,” Alter told The Washington Post. That, and “the fact that when you’re very old, you shrink.” (Joe Biden, by comparison, is just under 6 feet tall, although the first lady is about half a foot shorter.)

Marlena Sloss, a freelance photographer in San Francisco and contributor to The Post, said the image also appeared to have been captured with strong flash and a wide-angle lens.

Although President Biden is kneeling much farther in front of Rosalynn Carter, the flash reduces shadows, a key part of what allows objects to have depth. The resulting effect is that Biden and Rosalynn Carter appear to be side-by-side on the same plane, she said.

This illusion is magnified by the fact that the photographer probably used a very wide angle lens, which helps to capture everything in the frame from within a tight space.

Another factor in the optics of the photo, perhaps, is Carter’s slim build, Alter said. The former president regularly ran long distances while living in the White House, learned to ski in his 60s, and — even well into his 90s — traveled to exotic locales like Siberia for fly-fishing trips. He was also a skilled carpenter who crafted many pieces of wooden furniture, including the round coffee table on display in the image.

by Anonymousreply 118May 5, 2021 12:51 PM

Sorry for the double post.

by Anonymousreply 119May 5, 2021 12:52 PM

WAPO for the SCOOP

winning the pulitzer one photo at a time

by Anonymousreply 120May 5, 2021 1:04 PM

The weird proportions are clearly the distortions from a very wide angle lens - look a the difference between Biden’s shoulder that’s near Roslyn’s head vs the one closer to the edge of the frame — the closer shoulder has “grown” just like Carter’s feet, which are both angled away from the rest of his body and closer to the edge of the frame. None of the picture frame edges are remotely straight when you put a true line next to them, even though the pictures read square when you’re just glancing at the photo.

by Anonymousreply 121May 5, 2021 1:48 PM

Fox News was wondering why all the participants were maskless while indoors, yet the Bidens were masked when they emerged outside.

by Anonymousreply 122May 5, 2021 5:40 PM

I'm sure they've all had their shots.

by Anonymousreply 123May 5, 2021 5:42 PM

Fox News was making hay over the "muddled" message of telling vaccinated people they don't need to wear their masks outdoors unless they're in a large crowd.

by Anonymousreply 124May 5, 2021 5:49 PM

I've meet the Carters and Jimmy stands about 5'2", Roselyn is a few inches shorter. This was 20 years ago, so I'm sure they've shrunk a few inches from that. I don't think the photo is that much of a distortion.

by Anonymousreply 125May 5, 2021 8:39 PM

I just noticed that Carter has clown feet in that picture. His feet are out of proportion to his body and huge compared to Biden's feet.

by Anonymousreply 126May 5, 2021 8:51 PM

r126, no Carter has always had large feet, even as a child. Growing up he had to stomp peanuts in a vat to make peanut butter, resulting in flat and overgrown feet.

by Anonymousreply 127May 5, 2021 8:54 PM

He's a size 11, r127, but in that picture it looks like he has Shaq's feet.

by Anonymousreply 128May 5, 2021 9:05 PM

He looks blind

by Anonymousreply 129May 5, 2021 9:45 PM

Apparently Clinton and Obama didn't like Carter, thinking him a meddlesome old coot. Clinton became close to George H W Bush.

by Anonymousreply 130May 5, 2021 10:31 PM

[quote]The Biden's wear masks outside but not indoors next to the ancient Carters and y'all eat it up. I hope they all catch covid from each other.

[quote]The Carter's stole my dead mother's powder blue living room.

[quote]Why shouldn't the Biden's walk outside?

Stop using apostrophes to make plurals! It's not that complicated!

by Anonymousreply 131May 5, 2021 10:58 PM

[quote] Apparently Clinton and Obama didn't like Carter, thinking him a meddlesome old coot. Clinton became close to George H W Bush.

Carter has said he was closest to 41 as president than all of his other successors. Maybe it was a shared disdain for Reagan; they had in common a defeat at the feet of Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 132May 5, 2021 11:41 PM

R91 , Rosalyns Inaugural dress was the same one she wore when Jimmy was Inaugurated as Governor of Georgia .She purchased the Dress at Rich's , an Atlanta institution .

by Anonymousreply 133May 6, 2021 12:11 AM

It's still hard to imagine that Rosalyn was so friendly with serial killer John Wayne Gacy. I wonder how Jimmy feels about their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 134May 6, 2021 12:52 AM

r134, Rosalynn has said that it happened during a break in her marriage, she and Jimmy are at peace with it...

by Anonymousreply 135May 6, 2021 1:11 AM

Dave from WashPo TIkTok for the win

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136May 6, 2021 2:54 AM

[quote]Jimmy stands about 5'2", Roselyn is a few inches shorter.

TF?

by Anonymousreply 137May 6, 2021 5:47 AM

The press said Jimmy Carter was attacked by a giant rabbit in 1979, but I always suspected the bunny was normal size. Now I'm convinced.

by Anonymousreply 138May 6, 2021 6:01 AM

The Making of the President author Theodore White noted that in his 40-year career that ended in the early ‘80s Jimmy was among just 4 politicians he could be certain was faithful to his wife on the campaign trail. But apparently poor Jimmy had to deal with his wife’s affair with John Wayne Gacy.

by Anonymousreply 139May 6, 2021 9:26 AM

In spring of 1980 inflation was 18% and home mortgage rates were 14%. That was the Cater economy. He was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 140May 6, 2021 9:44 AM

[quote] In spring of 1980 inflation was 18% and home mortgage rates were 14%. That was the Cater economy. He was terrible.

Check your cost of living price increases. We will probably be seeing this again very soon.

by Anonymousreply 141May 6, 2021 10:31 AM

[quote] I think for years after his presidency Jimmy Carter still taught a Sunday School class in their Baptist church.

That's nice, R96. Another story I heard was that you always knew when it was Jimmy's turn to cut the grass on the church lot, because there would be a small contingent of fit men in black suits and sunglasses hanging around, trying and failing to be unobtrusive.

by Anonymousreply 142May 6, 2021 10:41 AM

"The press said Jimmy Carter was attacked by a giant rabbit in 1979"

It's true...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143May 6, 2021 11:13 AM

More...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144May 6, 2021 11:15 AM

This thread is becoming as classic an analysis of a photo as the Christmas party photo

by Anonymousreply 145May 6, 2021 12:03 PM

The picture is hilarious

by Anonymousreply 146May 6, 2021 12:16 PM

The room the Carter's are sitting in has the decor of a country music star like Loretta Lynn.

by Anonymousreply 147May 6, 2021 12:17 PM

I 💕 Jimmy & Rosalyn.

They are America !

by Anonymousreply 148May 6, 2021 12:26 PM

she looks very bitter

by Anonymousreply 149May 6, 2021 12:30 PM

[quote]The room the Carter's are sitting in has the decor of a country music star like Loretta Lynn.

The room the Carter's are sitting in has the decor of a nursing home parlor.

by Anonymousreply 150May 6, 2021 12:31 PM

"she looks very bitter "

That's because Jimmy lusted in his heart for other women

by Anonymousreply 151May 6, 2021 12:33 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 152May 6, 2021 12:35 PM

they don't seem piss-elegant at all

by Anonymousreply 153May 6, 2021 12:37 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 154May 6, 2021 12:38 PM

^ They're old people and they look like it

by Anonymousreply 155May 6, 2021 12:40 PM

[quote] she looks very bitter

It's been said that, more than her husband, she never got over the loss to Reagan. And she's been further embittered by the treatment she & her husband experienced with their Democratic successors. Most recently, as an early proponent of mental health care, a failure to receive an invitation to a mental health symposium organized by Michelle Obama.

by Anonymousreply 156May 6, 2021 12:42 PM

r147 r150 see r131.

by Anonymousreply 157May 6, 2021 12:42 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 158May 6, 2021 12:43 PM

A bunch of old farts...inside and NO ONE is wearing a mask. Hypocritical Mother Fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 159May 6, 2021 1:10 PM

^ They were all vaccinated

by Anonymousreply 160May 6, 2021 1:12 PM

r159, is an ignorant shit stirring fool.

by Anonymousreply 161May 6, 2021 1:14 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 162May 6, 2021 1:17 PM

?? ?

by Anonymousreply 163May 6, 2021 1:49 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 164May 6, 2021 1:51 PM

R161 Clueless piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 165May 6, 2021 1:53 PM

People that are fully vaccinated don't need to wear masks around each other, the Carters and Bidens have been vaccinated for several weeks, if not months. Why is this so difficult for some to understand?

by Anonymousreply 166May 6, 2021 1:59 PM

Because they are shit stirring trolls R166.

by Anonymousreply 167May 6, 2021 2:49 PM

[quote] People that are fully vaccinated don't need to wear masks around each other, the Carters and Bidens have been vaccinated for several weeks, if not months. Why is this so difficult for some to understand?

I think the scorn was more for the Bidens putting their masks on to go outside, when logically, and with the CDC’s blessing, that’s when you would be taking it off. People are trying to understand why Biden keeps wearing a mask outside, with no one anywhere near him.

by Anonymousreply 168May 6, 2021 4:10 PM

Who cares R168? Seriously, if someone wants to wear a mask outside let them.

by Anonymousreply 169May 6, 2021 4:13 PM

R168, you're just stupid

by Anonymousreply 170May 6, 2021 4:27 PM

The Bidens wear masks outside to model behavior that is considerate to those around you, and to try and undo some of the damage wrought by the Orange Shitstain.

by Anonymousreply 171May 6, 2021 4:32 PM

r171, Deplorables don't understand that because the idea of being considerate is foreign to them.

by Anonymousreply 172May 6, 2021 4:34 PM

Deplorables are horrid

by Anonymousreply 173May 6, 2021 6:40 PM

[quote] The Bidens wear masks outside to model behavior that is considerate to those around you

There’s been no one around him when Biden has inexplicably paraded outside with a mask on, contrary to the CDC guidelines.

by Anonymousreply 174May 6, 2021 7:11 PM

Doesn't matter R174. Perhaps he's just trying to give a nudge as to considerate behavior which deplorables have no clue about.

by Anonymousreply 175May 6, 2021 7:13 PM

Wouldn’t it be better for Biden to follow all current CDC guidelines, as a role model to encourage everyone else to follow them also?

by Anonymousreply 176May 6, 2021 7:18 PM

Do not try to explain politeness to deplorables.

Somehow it turns into "you're not better than me," as everything does with them.

by Anonymousreply 177May 6, 2021 11:42 PM

R176, I'm not sure Joe can spell CDC, let alone follow their guidelines.

by Anonymousreply 178May 6, 2021 11:56 PM

Forgive them, but the deplorables can't seem to settle on whether Biden's senile or unleashing socialism in the US.

by Anonymousreply 179May 7, 2021 12:16 AM

[quote] The country needed someone decisive, who would retaliate against our enemies, who would break the Soviets, who would reform the government, the tax system and the economy, and who would be a great communicator.

Reaganites make me sick. Joe is just beginning to try to undo some of the damage that the son-of-a-bitch Reagan did.

by Anonymousreply 180May 7, 2021 12:20 AM

The Carter's sitting room hasn't been redecorated since 1977.

by Anonymousreply 181May 7, 2021 12:26 AM

Paul Volcker solved inflation, not Reagan. And Paul Volcker was appointed by...Jimmy Carter. I'll give Reagan credit for reapppointing Volcker.

by Anonymousreply 182May 7, 2021 12:34 AM

[quote]The Carter's sitting room hasn't been redecorated since 1977.

See R131.

The Carters' sitting room.

by Anonymousreply 183May 7, 2021 2:25 AM

[quote] Paul Volcker solved inflation, not Reagan

He solved it by raising short-term interest rates so high that America was thrown into the deepest recession it had seen for 40 years. Probably better if we don't get ourselves into that situation again.

by Anonymousreply 184May 7, 2021 5:45 PM

Biden says weak jobs report underscores need for more spending as critics demand he scrap $300-a-week unemployment benefit that stops people looking for work

April jobs reports says economy added only 266,000 jobs last month

Economists had forecast payrolls would advance by 978,000 jobs

The unemployment rate rose to 6.1% in April from 6.0% in March

by Anonymousreply 185May 7, 2021 6:07 PM

Business leaders know far more about business than Biden, and they say people are choosing to live on the enhanced dole rather than working for a living. More government money is going to make it worse.

by Anonymousreply 186May 7, 2021 6:23 PM

[quote] Biden says weak jobs report underscores need for more spending

I suspect we are all going to add the term "stagflation" to all of our vocabularies again.

by Anonymousreply 187May 7, 2021 7:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!