Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Should we have a Golden Girls rewatch thread?

I'm going to binge the entire series, starting with season one, episode one!

Anyone interested in watching along with me?

by Anonymousreply 22May 20, 2021 7:08 AM

HEAVENS NOOOOOOOOOOO .

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2021 1:55 AM

Why not, R1?

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2021 1:56 AM

R1: I taught a class today, the finest school in Dade County, 2 girls had shaved heads and 3 boys had green hair.

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2021 1:58 AM

It's Miami in June, only cats are wearing fur.

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2021 2:00 AM

They're expressing themselves, R3.

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2021 2:01 AM

[quote] Should we have a Golden Girls rewatch thread?

There's no "we." Get out of my space. You sound creepy.

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2021 2:02 AM

R5: While I expressed myself. I told them they had to leave the class, they were too ugly to look at. Now the parents are Mad! A father came in in a 3-piece suit and defended Tiffany, a bald girl with a nose ring.

What's that??

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2021 2:03 AM

Even though the storylines in Season 1 may not be all that interesting, I have a soft spot for it because the characters weren’t yet made into cartoons of themselves and you could believe them living together and being happy.

Never mind the always crazy floor plan of the house! LOL

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2021 2:06 AM

I don't eat anything that moves!

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2021 2:06 AM

R8: Season 1 is the most believable season, for both scenarios and the characters. Job loss, autumn marriage, living together, grand kids visiting, dealing with ex-husbands at kids' weddings. Good stuff.

R9: Look what Rose? Horses?

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2021 2:08 AM

The big secret was that Miss MacGyver and Miss McKinney were sharing a one-bedroom apartment off campus!

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2021 2:13 AM

Like oysters, R10!

by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2021 2:14 AM

The man is a scuzzball!

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2021 2:22 AM

Shrimp?!

by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2021 11:49 PM

Morton's neuroma

by Anonymousreply 15May 5, 2021 3:39 AM

R10 Who cares Rose!

by Anonymousreply 16May 5, 2021 3:45 AM

I'm Rose's job application for a hospital administrator that Dorothy completed with a pencil.

by Anonymousreply 17May 5, 2021 3:49 AM

I am joining the rematch thread. I am starting from the beginning, watching them while I fall asleep. It is so good, but so not PC and this is only the first 10 episodes.

[quote] My great-granddaddy always said that there are two things you never sell to a friend - a car and a slave - because if either one of them quits working you'll never hear the end of it. Of course, they hanged my great-granddaddy. He said a lot of things he shouldn't have.

[quote] I'm an old white woman. If you want color, talk to Lena Horn.

The first few seasons are my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 18May 20, 2021 6:16 AM

The first episode where Dorothy tells the story of how she was laughing with the young teachers at school and then got in the car and a stranger was looking back at her in the mirror and Rose's reaction and Dorothy's response is as good as comedy gets.

by Anonymousreply 19May 20, 2021 6:24 AM

R17 is in Let’s Be mode.

by Anonymousreply 20May 20, 2021 6:29 AM

Bea would put emphasis on the funniest things some times.

Now THIS is the resumé of a hospital administrator (um, okay).

Or to Blanche claiming to be Miss Angie Dickinson’s body double : “Oh really then why is it on your JOB resumé?” As opposed to all those other kinds of resumés.

by Anonymousreply 21May 20, 2021 6:39 AM

Has anyone noticed that Rose has some of the best jewelry, massive rocks that don't look fake. I'm watching the episode where the guy dies in her bed. She has a replica of Princess Diana/Kate's sapphire-diamond engagement ring.

by Anonymousreply 22May 20, 2021 7:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!