Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone remember a crafting show from the 1980s on TV?

Or maybe the late 1970s? It was an older lady who made crafts with things you have in your home. I think it was on PBS. I can't find anything about this and I?m starting to think I imagined it since I was just a kid then. SCTV did sketch called Crazy Crafts With Molly Earle that parodied the other show.

by Anonymousreply 15May 5, 2021 6:08 PM

Vaguely. I remember "Sit and Be Fit" for the geriatric crowd too.

by Anonymousreply 1May 3, 2021 10:55 PM

Hodge Podge Lodge

by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2021 10:55 PM

I had never heard of this until just now. Did Thorazine put up the money?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 3, 2021 11:07 PM

floppy tops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2021 11:11 PM

I wonder if when the old gals croaked the children rolled them in borax crystals and hung them upside down to dry, and then put them in an origami coffin.

by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2021 11:13 PM

Was it an older woman with glasses with short, permed gray hair?

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2021 11:41 PM

R6 I believe so. it's been so many years that I can't recall. I asked my sister who usually remembers all those old shows and she can't remember anything like this. I used to watch it on Canadian TV as a kid in the late 70s and early 80s.

by Anonymousreply 7May 5, 2021 1:00 PM

Carol Duvall, IIRC?

Does anyone remember an elderly gay gent on TV who made women's undergarments? He was quite good at it. His mantra was "Trim as you go."

by Anonymousreply 8May 5, 2021 1:59 PM

Just googled and looked over Robin's official website, but no luck. It seems likely she based it on a real show, but I haven't yet found any reference to it.

by Anonymousreply 9May 5, 2021 5:10 PM

R8, I believe you are referring to the late George W. Trippon, host of ‘Sew What’s New’.

by Anonymousreply 10May 5, 2021 5:31 PM

Whoever it was, she was good and calming to watch.

by Anonymousreply 11May 5, 2021 5:51 PM

r10 Thank you so much for coming up with the name. I had only seen him sew women's undergarments. so I assumed that's all he did.

He seems to be a real hoot. I can definitely see him in a caftan, but not earrings.

r11 See r8 above.

by Anonymousreply 12May 5, 2021 5:53 PM

I LOVED Mme. George Trippon!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 5, 2021 5:57 PM

She died in 2019.

by Anonymousreply 14May 5, 2021 5:59 PM

I remember Crafts With Katy. I also remember this one woman who covered absolutely everything with aluminum foil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 5, 2021 6:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!