Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Should we buy a new presidential yacht?

I ask this in light of news of a new royal yacht in the UK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2021 8:38 AM

No.

Boats are no longer necessary for long-distance and international travel.

by Anonymousreply 1May 3, 2021 7:54 PM

El Mahrousa

It seems like a luxury these days, given we have planes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2021 7:56 PM

Brit here.. it was fun visiting the retired Britannia yacht in Edinburgh but I honestly don't know what the point of a new yacht is? It seems like a vanity waste of £200m plus running costs. I hate it as a taxpayer, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 3May 3, 2021 7:56 PM

Norway's royal yacht. Rather old, still going strong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2021 8:04 PM

This is what I call a yacht! Looks more like a gin palace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2021 8:25 PM

Boats and Presidents are bad optics at the moment, pass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2021 8:57 PM

Looks quite good to me R6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2021 9:25 PM

^ Oh yeah, a sinking ship is a much better optic

by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2021 9:29 PM

Yes esp with R8 in it. GOP Alaskan Palin bitch R8.

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2021 2:08 AM

I haven't heard anything about a new royal yacht, OP. Please site your source.

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2021 3:11 AM

R10 it's all over the UK press if you would care to look.

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2021 3:19 AM

@r9, what the fuck is wrong with you, psycho bitch? I highly doubt Biden would be interested in a yacht because of the boat connections with Trump

Take your meds and get off this thread... Better yet, go for a nice long boat ride to hell

by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2021 4:04 AM

A new yacht to ship Duke Dim and Duchess Diva of Montecito into the abyss they belong into? Good idea, go for it!

A new presidential yacht? Hmmmm ... can we also use it to ship off Plump, Vairst Letty, and the horrible Trump spawn into the aforementioned abyss?

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2021 8:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!