Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Taking precautions before Mexican day

For those that have the misfortune of living in an area with a large Hispanic population like me, how are you preparing for the possible vandalism and looting that may occur? Already today, in my area, they were out in force all over town flying these big ass Mexican flags out of their car or on top of them, It was awful and it's not even Mexican day yet. I just hope I can make it through the day Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 27May 4, 2021 4:24 PM

I only worry about drunk Gingos acting out.

by Anonymousreply 1May 3, 2021 2:02 AM

Cinco de Mayo is Advertising Day. Fiestas Patrias, however, are in September.

by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2021 2:04 AM

Cinco de Mayo only became any kind of celebratory day because of advertising and promotion in the USA, in order to have one more holiday to wring dollars out of. It means (or meant) nothing in Mexico. 16 of Sept in the national holiday in Mexico.

OP... get some help, k?

by Anonymousreply 3May 3, 2021 2:05 AM

Girl Bye! No one wants your Franklin Mint collection.

by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2021 2:22 AM

OP I’m guessing you either live in California or Texas?

by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2021 2:24 AM

Fuck your mother, op

by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2021 2:24 AM

[quote] I only worry about drunk Gingos acting out.

They rarely get drunk. And if they do, they remain upright.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2021 2:27 AM

Mexicans never bother me and i dont think of them as crime ridden. Maybe im naïve,

by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2021 2:27 AM

R5 My guess is OP lives in Rosinka.

by Anonymousreply 9May 3, 2021 2:28 AM

OP is just another racist fool.

by Anonymousreply 10May 3, 2021 2:29 AM

OP, I hope Latinos worry about you. Are you getting out your Confederate flags and Camp Auschwitz shirts?

by Anonymousreply 11May 3, 2021 2:30 AM

I’d much rather hang out with the Mexicans in my town than the racist, white rednecks. You know, people like OP.

by Anonymousreply 12May 3, 2021 2:32 AM

Girl, Puerto Rico Day in NYC is far worse. Trust me. My friends in ER said that is the absolute worst day in the year to work the ER.

by Anonymousreply 13May 3, 2021 2:34 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 14May 3, 2021 2:39 AM

¡Puta Madre!

by Anonymousreply 15May 3, 2021 2:42 AM

Wow, what an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 16May 3, 2021 10:07 PM

That's bait....

by Anonymousreply 17May 3, 2021 10:40 PM

Good Gawd! We just got the Irish calmed down!

by Anonymousreply 18May 3, 2021 10:45 PM

For those of you who are not familiar with Cinco de Mayo, Joan explains it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 3, 2021 10:47 PM

I've got ICE on speed dial.

by Anonymousreply 20May 3, 2021 10:50 PM

“Mexican Day”???????????

by Anonymousreply 21May 3, 2021 11:01 PM

Pedropalooza!

by Anonymousreply 22May 3, 2021 11:15 PM

Papi needs some pinga.

by Anonymousreply 23May 4, 2021 12:03 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 24May 4, 2021 3:12 PM

“Mexicans” don’t celebrate Cinco de Mayo - like the Irish celebrate St Pats Day. Even progressives are so clueless about people of Hispanic descent in the West.

Coming from South Texas to CA is such an eye opening experience. Even multi-generation immigrants or people who actually trace ancestry to the US before it was the US are blithely referred to as “Mexican”. “Mexican” is used as shorthand for poor. The intense stereotyping of people as “Mexican” is one area where CA is strangely ignorant. I won’t say racist - because even my liberal, progressive fiends and family in CA use the term for inappropriately descriptive reasons. But coming from South Texas where people understand there is a vast difference between Mexican immigrants, multi-generational Mexican immigrant descendants and people of Hispanic descent who lived in Texas before it was part of the US

by Anonymousreply 25May 4, 2021 3:28 PM

I've lived in LA my whole life and have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, OP.

by Anonymousreply 26May 4, 2021 3:31 PM

OP, what are you on about? I'm in Texas which is practically Mexico and all anyone is going to do is go eat Tex-Mex and drink too many margaritas or Mexican beer.

by Anonymousreply 27May 4, 2021 4:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!