Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Ben Barnes threads are like three people talking, and they all appear to hate him

What did he do?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 30, 2021 12:32 PM

The Toronto Trans Collective have issued a statement

[quote]The Toronto Trans Collective have noticed that British actor Ben Barnes does not have their preferred pronouns recorded on their Twitter profile, despite countless requests made from members of the Toronto Trans Collective for Ben Barnes to add their preferred pronouns as an act of solidarity with trans women, trans men, non binary people, and people with many genders and none. The Toronto Trans Collective recognises the refusal of Ben Barnes to add their preferred pronouns to their Twitter profile to be an act of extreme violence against trans people. The Toronto Trans Collective therefore reserves the right to retaliate.

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2021 3:15 PM

I am vaguely amazed they've got 14 threads spanning many years out of a Narnia actor.

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2021 3:19 PM

I think of him as a Westworld actor.

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2021 3:26 PM

He missed his chance to play one of the demons on Supernatural.

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2021 3:27 PM

Is that message at R1 for real??

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2021 4:05 PM

Statement from the Toronto Trans Collective

[quote]The Toronto Trans Collective consider doubting the authenticity of its statements to be an act of extreme violence against the trans community.

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2021 4:32 PM

Here is a typical post from a Ben Barnes thread:

“Ben Barnes has NOTHING inside of him but bullshit. And that pretty face won't continue to hide the lies forever. Just drop the ACT and fucking own it already.”

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2021 5:59 PM

[quote] putting people at danger, lied about it, he travelled because of JH. She has been using him for a year to make her ex husband jealous. Overall it is disappointment this imagine BB tried so hard to curate is fake. Wish we were still hoping he was gay and talking about that. We have seen behind the curtain. So hate train for JH and disappointed about how someone we thought was good actually is a hypocrite. Yeah passion is never a bad thing, thanks for commenting. Hope you are having fun lurking.

So they spent 10 years believing he was gay. Then they found out he was straight, didn't self isolate and now they believe a lynch mob is required? Its a very proportionate DL reaction.

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2021 6:20 PM

Without that full head of lovely hair he would look a lot like Ben Kingsley. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2021 6:28 PM

[quote] he travelled because of JH

He's dating Josh Hartnett?!?! I'm finally interested!

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2021 7:28 PM

Or is it Julie Haggerty?

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2021 7:28 PM

R8 the man is clearly a poof, he has gay face when he smiles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2021 7:49 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I happened to go into whatever the most recent one is a couple days ago. I've never been in one but have been seeing them pop up here for years. I watched Shadow and Bone on Netflix and became curious. I also ended up watching The Punisher. He's not a bad actor at all.

Considering the level of vitriol being spewed forth, one would have thought he killed their dog, kicked their mother, or vice versa, and was caught on film storming the Capitol wearing a MAGA hat but in the end it all seems to be down to they are angry he is straight with bad taste in women because you know the rest of the molehills they make mountains of would be ignored if he wasn't.

With regards to bad taste in women, given they thought he might be gay all this time, I assume in the past he managed to be low-key, so maybe put this one down to everyone makes mistakes? With regards to the rest, he seems to be generally well liked and doesn't appear to cause much trouble which just makes their pearl clutching and hair tearing look ridiculously out of proportion, see R7's example.

by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2021 7:55 PM

Don’t be surprised if it’s Muriel using sock puppets to talk to herself and pump up DL.

I know for a fact Muriel is one of the Charmie cyberstalkers, which were also mostly four accounts, full of negative accusations, especially pedophilia.

I got banned in real time in that thread for challenging one poster for allowing libel and homophobia to be published.

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2021 7:59 PM

They seem most upset that he is a vacuous himbo, which is apparently to anyone who spends one second on his Instagram. But why obsess over it? Find someone else to stan over if he’s too shallow for you.

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2021 9:39 PM

I can't speak for all of us, but for my part, I am upset that he played the part of a caring, conscientious person as far as Covid is concerned, and turned out to be a very talented liar. He went so far as making numerous memes and videos telling people to stay home and be cautious, appearing in a charity photo spread for awareness and interviewing a friend of his who is a doctor and was on the front lines in an Emergency Care setting in London, but then he turned out to be traveling with people who are incredibly unsafe, as well as disregarding WHO and CDC guidelines for isolating after traveling from one country to another, which he did three times within a month around the holidays. This led to a deep dive that showed that he has probably been screwing a married (and awful) woman for about a year while she and her husband were "working on" their marriage.

So, no, it's not sour grapes because we found out where he puts his dick because none of us thought we had a shot at his dick to begin with. Just a lot disappointed to find out that someone we thought was an OK person is actually human garbage.

by Anonymousreply 16May 3, 2021 1:54 AM

I can guarantee a vast portion of posters are women. They remind me of the Sam Heughan/Cucumberbatch stalkers. Their is a woman who is notorious for a certain obsessive type of posting. She becomes fixated. She is famous in the Heughan/Cucumberbatch forums. Lots of very aggressive, lol, lmfao, emojis, long screeds of venom. Any woman in the picture gets stalked. Multiple accounts. Has a band of groupies. They are a few nuts short of a squirrel stash.

by Anonymousreply 17May 3, 2021 2:03 AM

I had no idea there were DataLounge posters who actually looked up to celebrities and got hurt(!) when said person did something disagreeable. Like...I thought we were all in on the joke that we follow hot celebs for being hot, and don’t give a flying fuck about anyone’s morals.

The posters being women absolutely makes sense, R17. It makes so much sense.

by Anonymousreply 18May 3, 2021 2:24 AM

We've been over this OP

This happens on all the Z-List threads

They are "dissident fan girls" who are somehow disappointed in their hero and come to DL to say things they'd get chastised (or worse) for saying on a regular board.

They are obsessed and it boils down to "clearly there is something wrong with him if he doesn't want me"

I don't know about Barnes, but most of them seem to have some connection to gay--often they have played a gay character.

by Anonymousreply 19May 3, 2021 2:27 AM

This is a good thread. Ben doesn’t do anything wrong. These people are mad because he’s a grown man who OMG does adult things. They have this disorder where they think he was going to fall inlove with one of them and because it didn’t happen, they need to tear him apart. I’ve seen his fanbase and they aren’t going nowhere. Let this lunatics have their rants. Nobody is listening to them nor cares. Thanks for this thread!

by Anonymousreply 20May 3, 2021 3:25 AM

no one's tearing him apart because they thought he was going to fall in love with them. people are upset because he's a hypocrite - like was stated above.

For someone that managed to fly under the radar for more than a decade without any sort of scandal or bad press aside from negative reviews about his work, it was a shock to see him do a complete turn from the way he presented himself in less than a year - hanging out with a married woman during quarantine, traveling for unnecessary reasons, staged photo ops, preaching about staying safe and home and doing what was right for MONTHS and not actually following through.

He seemed to be one of the 'normal' ones in Hollywood, one of the people that wasn't a completely different person between what he showed and what he actually is ... and it sucks that that's not the case. We don't know the full story, and we never will, but what we can see/has been leaked just makes him look like an ass.

by Anonymousreply 21May 3, 2021 6:05 AM

He's circumcised and that's just not very British.

by Anonymousreply 22May 3, 2021 8:01 AM

[quote]He's circumcised and that's just not very British.

Circumcision is a very British thing if you're also Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 23May 3, 2021 8:18 AM

He's hot but his facial hair looks like shit on Shadow And Bone. Those little bald patches! It's so bad and there's no reason for it.

by Anonymousreply 24May 3, 2021 8:26 AM

R22/R23, where has it been confirmed that Ben is circumcised?

His mother is Jewish, but from what I remember in previous discussions, we hadn't gotten any confirmation yet on whether he is cut/uncut.

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2021 12:16 PM

R4 One thing we desperately need around here is another frau Supernatural thread...

by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2021 12:51 PM

I started the original thread about him years ago that took off. Even I can’t believe it went on for as long as it did. He’s boring.

by Anonymousreply 27May 3, 2021 1:22 PM

R16 why talk about it on DL?? Why don't you start a discord??

R21 hanging out with a married woman (at any time) is the least shocking thing a celebrity could do.

by Anonymousreply 28May 4, 2021 12:43 AM

R28 I love when people sound like Victorian virgins about these things.

"Oh dear she's getting a case of the vapors, someone get the smelling salts!"

It's Hollywood(and the entertainment world in general, for as long as it's existed and where ever it's existed), of course people are having extramarital affairs.

by Anonymousreply 29May 4, 2021 3:28 AM

His attractiveness isn't boring.

by Anonymousreply 30May 5, 2021 1:46 AM

They think that Floriana Lima is still dating Casey Affleck (and therefore cannot be anything more than just friends with BB) but they broke up before the pandemic even started. They probably broke up back in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 31July 20, 2021 8:19 PM

I wish he were gay. He has the most exquisitely beautiful eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 20, 2021 8:24 PM

I can only see him as Logan from Westworld.

by Anonymousreply 33July 20, 2021 8:29 PM

[Quote] With regards to bad taste in women, given they thought he might be gay all this time, I assume in the past he managed to be low-key, so maybe put this one down to everyone makes mistakes?

Hmm if they initially thought Ben was gay it doesn't matter if the woman he dates is nice or not. They're seen as bad regardless.

[Quote] They are "dissident fan girls" who are somehow disappointed in their hero and come to DL to say things they'd get chastised (or worse) for saying on a regular board.

They wouldn't on tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 34July 21, 2021 2:38 PM

He’s cute

by Anonymousreply 35July 21, 2021 2:47 PM

Big nose. Big hose. Nothing to see here, ,move along, toots.

by Anonymousreply 36July 21, 2021 3:02 PM

It's the same with others attractive actors like Luke Evans, Henry Cavill, the Outlander guy, Lee Pace, etc. They hate them because they are straight or because they're gay. Because they are humans being and not their characters in real life. Very disturbed people. Avoid those threads like covid.

by Anonymousreply 37July 21, 2021 3:04 PM

They are very clearly delusional femcel frauen. Ben Barnes is their fantasy boyfriend and they hate any and every female who even crosses his path. According to recent posts on that thread, posters' personal lives are "being impacted" by decisions BB is making in his PRIVATE life. Hahahahhaha. This is beyond stalkerish obsession.

by Anonymousreply 38July 21, 2021 4:36 PM

The only decisions in his private life that affect anyone else personally are the unsafe covid travel ones he made around Christmas. People died. People I knew. He was a hypocritical asshole and his actions could have hurt people.

Trolling him now is just for fun.

by Anonymousreply 39July 24, 2021 7:04 PM

[Quote] He was a hypocritical asshole and his actions could have hurt people.

I doubt he cares.

by Anonymousreply 40July 25, 2021 8:31 AM

I liked him in 'Gold Digger' where he married an older woman.

by Anonymousreply 41July 25, 2021 10:14 AM

You like him in gold digger because you’re a boomer and 20 years above him and him in gold digger fulfills your fantasy of wanting a toy boy way to good for you. You’re all so old you leave dust trails 💀 I love occasionally popping in to see how my favourite oldies are doing. You all found his address which has made its rounds. You blame people who support him for being crazy but have like 12 threads with 600+ comments each dictating his life. I’m just glad you guys love him so so much! He really is a god clearly. Anyway, Hope you’re all well!

by Anonymousreply 42July 25, 2021 11:40 AM

Also, careful. This site isn’t as safe as you think.

by Anonymousreply 43July 25, 2021 11:41 AM

*X-Files theme starts playing*

by Anonymousreply 44July 25, 2021 11:43 AM

He's not going to fuck any of us: an unforgivable crime.

by Anonymousreply 45July 30, 2021 12:11 PM

[Quote] What did he do?

Fail to happen.

by Anonymousreply 46July 30, 2021 12:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!