Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends, I present to you Vivienda 19!

This contemporary concrete residence is located in a luxurious estate of Pozuelo de Alarcón, a suburb near the city of Madrid, Spain. It was built by Spanish architecture firm A-cero.

I imagine this type of architecture for a home can be very polarizing. I like the clean lines of the exterior facade, however, some parts of the interior seems a bit too "plastic" and stark white for my taste. Your thoughts?

How much would you estimate something like this to be priced?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 4, 2021 6:36 PM

Wait, wasn’t this used as a setting in the last season of Elite? It looks very familiar?

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2021 2:11 PM

Sterile

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2021 2:12 PM

Looks like an office park.

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2021 2:13 PM

Reminds one of white lines of coke, and something chic but dangerous. Like the pre-AIDS late 70s.

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2021 2:13 PM

R1 No, I checked. Similar looking but not it.

And R4, I've never heard of a house I liked described that way....

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2021 2:31 PM

"Acero" means "steel" in Spanish, but "cero" means "zero." Is this a play on words?

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2021 3:08 PM

It looks like a good place to get a case of herpes from a Real Madrid goalie

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2021 3:12 PM

I mean... if he was hot and big dicked R7, would you say no?

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2021 3:19 PM

I would love it with a million dollars of landscaping, I'd turn it into a jungle paradise with fish and birds and exotic pool boys.

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2021 3:20 PM

Here's one goalie I wouldn't mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2021 3:20 PM

It needs a Tiki bar or something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2021 3:25 PM

Anal Architecture sweeps the world 🌎

by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2021 3:27 PM

R6 There's no rebar in that cement? It’s just going to crumble to dust then.

by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2021 3:28 PM

I hate it. It makes every dentist's office I've ever been to look warm and inviting by comparison.

How convenient that that huge black metal frame suspended above the living area is just waiting to fall on you. Because if I had to live there, I'd want it to drop and release me from the ennui.

That pool with the stone (cement?) blocks sticking randomly out into and over the water is a series of emergency-room visits waiting to happen, and is that a second pool or some kind of koi pond down below with the recliners facing it?

WTF is that silver metal thing in the middle of the black wall area on the left next to the stairs? I can't imagine it's a fireplace, since it's in a hallway where nobody could sit.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2021 3:45 PM

R14 hahaha, that silver thing next to the stairwell is the handle to the front door! Just compare it to the first pic.

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2021 3:48 PM

The front exterior is a horror. I like the rear exterior, and the interiors (except for the abundance of white).

by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2021 3:51 PM

it looks to me like those walls built out into the pool are there to separate the kiddie pool area from the deep adult area.

by Anonymousreply 17May 2, 2021 3:57 PM

Looks like a fancy lawyer's office.

by Anonymousreply 18May 2, 2021 4:04 PM

The pools are amazing though. I'd love to swim in them.

by Anonymousreply 19May 2, 2021 10:51 PM

Cozy.

by Anonymousreply 20May 2, 2021 10:56 PM

It’s about as cozy as a cinderblock mattress.

by Anonymousreply 21May 3, 2021 1:42 AM

Could be anywhere where the sun shines. And a few places where it doesn't.

It's a series of gated communities outside Madrid, with houses of that size, generally in some similar variation on Modern Kleenex Box, sell for €3 to €14M or so. It's the kind of place where someone pays a huge premium to have a new house never before occupied by another owner; where houses in old or older expensive neighborhoods might appreciate, here they drop off in price...because they lack the very latest pool technology or kitchen ventilation system or style of bathroom hardware.

Cristiano Ronaldo had a house there (link to 2010 article), and I'm sure I've seen more than one film where Luis Tosar plays a hugely rich, well-tailored, and slightly dangerous businessman who lives in this villa or one clóse enough that you wouldn't know the difference if you came home drunk to the wrong house and the key fit

I hate the architecture, the plan, the architectural gimmicks, the vastness without a point. It's the big, ugly, backdrop for a great art collection except the house isn't up to even a good art collection...and you'll never find a great art collection there anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 3, 2021 7:17 AM

I agree, OP.

I generally like it. Although I’d add some indoor color and comfort whilst maintaining the clean lines.

I’ve had all sorts of homes:French Provincial, US Southern Colonial, Big City Apartment, etc.

Following this pandemic, I’m ready for a CLEAN aesthetic: minimalist lines, open spaces, massive exposure to Nature and fewer, but quality, furnishings.

by Anonymousreply 23May 3, 2021 8:47 AM

Thank you R22! Very insightful!

And I agree with you R23, the whole minimalist modern is my thing at the moment. Some find it dull and empty. I find it stress-free and serene.

by Anonymousreply 24May 3, 2021 8:04 PM

R22 I do wonder who can afford these types of house in Spain (aside from celebrities) since they have consistent high unemployment ESPECIALLY with younger generations.

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2021 8:07 PM

R25. Obviously it's not unemployed young people snapping up €14M houses, but there are rich people and not just football players. Family structure, housing, and income in Spain give a much bigger buffer to young adults than they might have elsewhere. Unemployment rates that keep Spain's economy depressed might do far more damage in other countries that depend much more heavily on every adult working in a family.

Not to say at all that things couldn't be better, but it's something of a different measure.

by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2021 9:26 PM

Somewhere i would love to visit. It’s so far from my aesthetic - the restraint and minimalism will drive me nuts.

by Anonymousreply 27May 3, 2021 9:37 PM

I think it’s wonderful! I wish I had the money to afford it.

by Anonymousreply 28May 3, 2021 9:39 PM

Vivienda sounds like a font

by Anonymousreply 29May 3, 2021 9:48 PM

What about the bedroom R27? Would you be ok showing your bits and pieces to everyone, or rolling around with your lover and giving everyone a show?

by Anonymousreply 30May 3, 2021 9:52 PM

I hate it. Hideous and sterile, all of it. The only way I can imagine spending much time in a place like this is if I was detained there against my will

R14 describes it all so perfectly, I cannot improve on their description

I couldnt give any estimate of price, but I wouldnt pay anything for it.

by Anonymousreply 31May 4, 2021 12:19 AM

Sorry, all you armchair architects and designers: this house is PERFECTION.

by Anonymousreply 32May 4, 2021 6:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!