Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Detroit Style Pizza Good?

I know the reviews say it SUCKED ASS, but I know gays like that.

So be honest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 4, 2021 9:54 PM

It looks like school cafeteria pizza

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2021 2:05 PM

I don’t like thick crust pizzas, but this is delicious. I made the Cooks Country version and was extremely pleased.

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2021 2:07 PM

If you like sicilian, you will like it

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2021 2:19 PM

If done right, it is delicious. My preference for pizza though, is the thinner crust.

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2021 2:26 PM

It's the midwest. More carbs. Always more carbs.

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2021 2:28 PM

In my experience, virtually any style of pizza is good pizza, with the possible exception of that cauliflower crust shit.

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2021 5:01 PM

r5

That is pretty much which all pizza is right?

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2021 5:37 PM

Never tried it, but after not eating any ass in 1 year and 2 months...I will take it.

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2021 5:39 PM

I love the burnt crispy edges.

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2021 5:40 PM

R9 - this thread is making me hard.

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2021 5:41 PM

I’m sure it’s good in its own way, just like Chicago style is. I don’t consider Chicago style to be real pizza though. It’s more like a pizza cake.

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2021 5:45 PM

It's really good and I was craving it the other night. I stopped by my local joint and it was closed and everyone on the local FB page was saying it was because "Nobody wants to work, they're all on unemployment" but I just found out from my friend whose son works there that the entire staff has or or is now in quarantine for coronavirus.

by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2021 5:47 PM

I love it but I is very filling. Can only eat 2 slices.

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2021 5:49 PM

I'm open to any and all types of pizza as long as they done well. I like Detroit-style pizza.

by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2021 5:49 PM

It can be very good, but often isn't like any other type of pizza.

by Anonymousreply 15May 4, 2021 6:05 PM

VIA313.com has the best Detroit-style pizza in the country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 4, 2021 6:17 PM

The only “pizza” made in the United States is NY style pizza and New Haven style pizza. All other pizza is not pizza.

by Anonymousreply 17May 4, 2021 9:29 PM

[quote]Can only eat 2 slices.

What the fuck are you doin' on this website then?

by Anonymousreply 18May 4, 2021 9:36 PM

Not a fan, personally. Prefer thin crust. YMMV.

by Anonymousreply 19May 4, 2021 9:38 PM

I want a thin slice from Pronto Pizza in Manhattan. Sausage and pepperoni. Drippin' grease.

by Anonymousreply 20May 4, 2021 9:49 PM

Yes. My favorite style. If you have a Jets near you, they do it pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 21May 4, 2021 9:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!