Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shag (1989)

I watched this with a friend last night for the first time. What a cute movie. All the actors were great. Phoebe Cates seemed to be channeling Jessica Lagne. Robert Rusler was in his prime. Any fans on DL?

by Anonymousreply 2405/07/2021

Great soundtrack.

by Anonymousreply 105/02/2021

Probably my favorite movie of all time. Great soundtrack, tons of quotable lines, and Robert Rusler shirtless most of the film. Teens of a certain social class still ‘shagged’ when it came out in my area so I think my friends and I identified with it more than other American teens of the time.

by Anonymousreply 205/02/2021

A cute but totally forgettable movie. It feels like a blander version of Where the Boys Are.

by Anonymousreply 305/02/2021

Bridget Fonda was good in this.

by Anonymousreply 405/02/2021

I had no idea Scott Coffey was gay.

by Anonymousreply 505/04/2021

It’s on TCM late tonite if anyone cares. Great lineup: Hairspray, Muriel’s Wedding, Georgy Girl, Shag and Girlfriends.

by Anonymousreply 605/04/2021

If only Phoebe Cates channeled Jessica Lange in LACE...

by Anonymousreply 705/04/2021

I’m sorry.... but cinema purists know it as SHAG: THE MOVIE.

My friend called it SHIT: THE MOVIE.

by Anonymousreply 805/04/2021

Love Shag. Love Pudge.

by Anonymousreply 905/04/2021

Your friend is much in demand for punching up jokes?

by Anonymousreply 1005/04/2021

I went to school with Robert Rusler.

by Anonymousreply 1105/04/2021

Is Rachel Sweet in this?

by Anonymousreply 1205/04/2021

Paige Hannah married a producer 30 years older than her.

Should we be surprised?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1305/04/2021

Did they have to change the name in the UK?

by Anonymousreply 1405/04/2021

Yes.

To SHAG: THE SHIT.

by Anonymousreply 1505/04/2021

[quote]R10 Your friend is much in demand for punching up jokes?

Sadly, no. We lived in Hollywood, but such glory was never hers.

We did used to dance around singing the words to “Winner Takes It All” as [italic]”When he takes it off...!”[/italic], though.

That was our peak.

by Anonymousreply 1605/04/2021

Paige Hannah was funny as the uptight one.

by Anonymousreply 1705/04/2021

What's Tyrone Power Jr.'s story?

by Anonymousreply 1805/04/2021

Oh Myrtle Beach!

Scott Coffey was so cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1905/05/2021

Is Robert Rusler gay too?

by Anonymousreply 2005/05/2021

Robert had an affair with Mark Patton with whom he appeared in "A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge" and they remain friends. However, I have never heard anything about any involvement with another male. He seems happily married.

His on-screen chemistry with Patton was sizzling.

by Anonymousreply 2105/07/2021

Oh yeah. Mark Patton is a fucking unicorn.

by Anonymousreply 2205/07/2021

Cute movie.

Attractive cast, with shirtless Robert Rusler and sexy Bridget Fonda (who gets a big movie-star close-up intro to “Harlem Shuffle”) standouts, plus cute Jeff Yagher as the visiting movie star..

And the Shag dance that Annabeth Gish and Scott Coffey do looks so much fun!

by Anonymousreply 2305/07/2021

Robert and Mark hooked up? I had no idea. I wonder if Scott Coffey tried to seduce him.

by Anonymousreply 2405/07/2021
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!