Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cataract Surgery

Who's had it? I've been told I need it, but have always been kind of freaked-out about anything to do with my eyes.

If so, could you share your experience?

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2021 4:20 PM

Tell your ophthalmologist you want lens implants that will make your eyes look like Data's on TNG.

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2021 1:06 PM

Had the surgeries a year ago. Definite improvement—no cloudiness, clearer vision, though I still wear glasses (I’m extremely near-sighted). Surgeries were short, non traumatic and no side effects. It takes about a month to get full use of both eyes, but you can still read and work during that recovery period. My insurance covered most of it and I have vision insurance that made the new prescription glasses around 200 rather than the 900 they would have been without the insurance.

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2021 1:21 PM

I started this thread after my diagnosis. Mine won't need surgery for a while.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2021 1:25 PM

Ugh, I'm only 40, but noticing the rims of cataracts forming around my irises. Like OP, I'm freaked out by anything having to do with my eyes, so I really appreciate this question.

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2021 1:26 PM

R4 -- are you sure you aren't conflating arcus sinilis with cataract?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2021 1:56 PM

bump for more posts

by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2021 4:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!