Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lulu and her manager, Marion Massey, throw shade at Sheena Easton circa 1980

Lulu and her manager tell aspiring singer, Sheena Easton, what they think of her and why she doesn't have what it takes to be a pop star in the 80s. lol!!!

This is taken from a BBC documentary on the launching of a pop singer - Sheena Easton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1705/04/2021

starts at 23:30

by Anonymousreply 105/02/2021

Thanks, OP, we've all been waiting breathlessly to find out how this will work out for Sheena!

by Anonymousreply 205/02/2021

Feminist gold!

by Anonymousreply 305/02/2021

Lol that manager was ruthless right to Sheena's face. Looks like Sheena was ready to cry. I never cared for Sheena or her songs. But she does have a gorgeous lower register. Her higher notes are just too thin and reedy.

by Anonymousreply 405/02/2021

You’d cry too if you were 18 yrs old and some bitch who has tons of experience told you that you were too ordinary to be a pop singer. Glad those bitches didn’t stop Sheena or EMI records from moving forward.

by Anonymousreply 505/02/2021

Lulu is a cunt

by Anonymousreply 605/02/2021

[italic]The Big Time[/italic] is the same show that ruined the career of Fanny Cradock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 705/02/2021

Prince certainly liked Sheena!

by Anonymousreply 805/02/2021

Sheena's a well known cunt and I don't think what the manager said was all that bad. Saying you've got what it takes to be a movie star but not a pop star is one hell of a compliment.

by Anonymousreply 905/02/2021

Lulu who?

by Anonymousreply 1005/02/2021

Thanks OP for posting this! I really enjoyed watching this last night. Fascinating behind-the-scenes. Din’t she eventually get engaged to her manager?

I think Lulu’s manager was harsh but fair and at that point Sheena’s hair was not bold enough for that era, the beginning of the 80s. Her clothes were prim too. Her makeup got better as she finished recording the record. At the beginning when Sheena is singing at the dentists’ conference she looked so glum lol.

by Anonymousreply 1105/02/2021

Sheena always had bad taste in clothes and it may have been partially because of her short, fat legs. I remember Mr. Blackwell put her on his Worst Dressed list saying something like she looks like a Scottish Road Runner.

by Anonymousreply 1205/02/2021

lol r11! i'd look glum too if i was 17 or 18 yrs old and singing at a dentist convention in scotland.

by Anonymousreply 1305/03/2021

Champagne for Lulu!

by Anonymousreply 1405/03/2021

R9: what are some of the cunt stories about Sheena Easton? I went down a google rabbit hole the other week and read quite a few recent (last 10 years) interviews with her and she came across well in them all: no ego, self-aware, laughs at herself, etc. I also love that she’s been married four times and the longest lasted for 18 months!

Oh and I didn’t want to but I found myself agreeing with a lot of what Lulu’s manager said. She did look boring. Lulu came across as a cunt though!

by Anonymousreply 1505/03/2021

I used to live next door to Sheena in Woodland Hills. She was sweet.

by Anonymousreply 1605/03/2021

I love Sheena Easton. Lulu not so much.

by Anonymousreply 1705/04/2021
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!