Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Apres insurrection: Forgive and move on? So much to unpack here.

Thoughts please. Low on the invective please. That’s too boring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 4, 2021 1:36 PM

Absolutely not. Just like 911, it should never be forgotten. There are always consequences and they should be carried out. If the shoe was on the other foot, there would have been hell to pay. repubs are ruthless....would they have the "spirit of forgiveness" and move on? I don't think so. Our democracy was dangerously close to being destroyed...with potential murders of leaders. How can that be forgiven? 70% of repubs, per the article, still believe the election was stolen. We soften up, it will happen again, and it still may...there's a real sickness in this country. This jerk and other repub jerks fueled this, thanks to trump. So...that's a NO.

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2021 10:56 AM

There's literally nothing to unpack. Fuck no.

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2021 11:08 AM

A traitor wants us to forgive other traitors?

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2021 11:10 AM

Forgive and forget? When the hottest of hells freeze over.

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2021 11:40 AM

No. People died. Laws violated. Sedition. = CONSEQUENCES

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2021 12:00 PM

And I bet he said that in his softest Baptist preacher voice. I’m sure if it was done by a bunch of Obama/Biden supporters or BLM or ANTIFA, he’d be singing a different tune. He’d keep reminding us a la 9/11 “Never forget” false patriotism along with the American flag plastered all over his Facebook page.

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2021 12:07 PM

These f*Cher’s need to be locked up abs made to pay.

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2021 12:23 PM

No never. Imagine having tRump as leader till he dies. God help everybody.

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2021 12:30 PM

I do worry that a lot of people are embarrassed or in denial and just want the whole thing to go away. That kind of happened with Watergate to an extent, Nixon resigned and everyone went "good, we're kinda mad about Ford pardoning him but as long as he's gone everything is just fine now," which wasn't true. Nixon essentially getting away with everything (not to mention Kissinger and a host of others) laid the stage for Reagan to get away with murder, W to get away with it, and now Trump to get away with an attempted coup.

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2021 12:38 PM

It was basically a failed coup. Insurrectionist = Traitors to our democracy and constitution.

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2021 12:40 PM

If they had attempted this even 50 years ago they would in a federal prison waiting to be hung. Rightfully so. I miss those times.

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2021 1:54 PM

Moving on comes only after accountability.

by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2021 1:55 PM

@R6- "And I bet he said that in his softest Baptist preacher voice. I’m sure if it was done by a bunch of Obama/Biden supporters or BLM or ANTIFA, he’d be singing a different tune. He’d keep reminding us a la 9/11 “Never forget” false patriotism along with the American flag plastered all over his Facebook page."

Oh, absolutely. I had to grow up with these diseased hypocrites and I can just hear this as well. I hate organized religion. It is free pass to corruption and abuse. I also loathe the south.

by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2021 1:57 PM

Fuck his feelings.

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2021 2:01 PM

R14--Pics please! 😁 Tia

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2021 2:06 PM

Nope.

Mistakes are temporary.

Stupid is forever.

by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2021 2:16 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 3, 2021 8:50 AM

I do not and will never understand why these enemies of our country are STILL allowed to run for and hold any office in this country. Why aren't they deported, at the VERY least? Would someone please make it make sense? There are is no republican party. They are the party of Putin.

by Anonymousreply 18May 3, 2021 10:47 AM

Sorry for typos@R18. There is NO republican party . Shit.

by Anonymousreply 19May 3, 2021 10:48 AM

Where are we at re investigating the January 6 insurrectionists?

by Anonymousreply 20May 3, 2021 10:55 AM

Why haven't they arrested those at the fucking top of the food chain? Congress members who are complicit? Yeah, crickets.

by Anonymousreply 21May 3, 2021 11:07 AM

May the remembrance of and anger toward the domestic terrorist attack on our Capitol and assault on our democracy continue to burn with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns.

by Anonymousreply 22May 3, 2021 12:02 PM

Oh, it will.

by Anonymousreply 23May 3, 2021 12:05 PM

"I'm trying to figure out why don't they just -- if they got a case, then bring the charges, try the case!" he shouted. "Why do they keep leaking to all of these new agencies, 'oh, well, we're investigating' -- don't tell us what you're investigating! Investigate, bring the charges or don't bring the charges! Please, I am the last to defend Rudy Giuliani on what he's done over the past four or five years politically, but what happens if they don't bring the charges? This hangs over his head."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 3, 2021 4:01 PM

Quote from R24- This hangs over his head."

Hang him by his ugly head. (Neck) But not until he squeals like pig he is. We are all burned out on vague leaks and reports of " any day now, arrests are coming. ". Untill it happens it is nothing but media click bait and lies. I stopped believing in justice a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2021 5:08 PM

I guess the roundup is still ongoing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2021 8:25 PM

R26 Wow.

by Anonymousreply 27May 3, 2021 8:26 PM

No. No. No. Forgiveness implies complicity.

No second chances. Prosecute the traitors and their leader to the highest degree of the Constitution.

by Anonymousreply 28May 3, 2021 8:34 PM

R26 "Google's records showed the device had been 'in areas that are at least partially within the U.S. Capitol Building between approximately 2:15 p.m. and 3:41 p.m.' and in portions of the Capitol Grounds that were restricted that day, according to the complaint."

Why can't Google help round up everyone there that day in this way?

by Anonymousreply 29May 3, 2021 8:38 PM

They committed treason. Line them up in front of a firing squad.

by Anonymousreply 30May 3, 2021 8:44 PM

What he said.

by Anonymousreply 31May 4, 2021 12:38 PM

[quote]Low on the invective please. That’s too boring.

As opposed to your scintillating wit?

by Anonymousreply 32May 4, 2021 12:41 PM

Fuck no! If those treasonous assholes had succeeded they would have installed Dump as dictator for life.

by Anonymousreply 33May 4, 2021 12:56 PM

R32 anything interesting and informed to add, dear?

by Anonymousreply 34May 4, 2021 1:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!