Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET Dane Cook?

When I was in college, he was very popular. Everyone thought he was funny and I thought he was hot. I had a friend who looked like him who I think wanted to fuck me.

But anyways, WHET him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 3, 2021 4:30 PM

He became Harvey Weinstein.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2021 5:24 PM

Dane Cook became too popular, and that's when the backlash started. Fellow comedians accused him of plagiarizing their material and it became trendy to dump on him relentlessly. I think that affected him deeply and he scaled back his appearances. Plus, having your business manager brother and sister-in-law embezzle millions from you crushes your soul.

by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2021 5:39 PM

He was previously named to be one of the upcoming Jeopardy! guest hosts, but there's been no mention of him since.

by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2021 5:41 PM

R2, The fact that he HAD millions to embezzle is disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2021 5:43 PM

OMG ^^

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2021 5:43 PM

Well, he was accused of plagiarism because he was plagiarizing, so...

by Anonymousreply 6May 1, 2021 5:44 PM

Stealing other comedians’ jokes couldn’t have helped.

by Anonymousreply 7May 1, 2021 5:44 PM

He's painfully unfunny but I've always suspected he has a fat uncut Irish schlong in his pants.

by Anonymousreply 8May 1, 2021 5:44 PM

NO ONE EVER wanted you, Defacto.

by Anonymousreply 9May 1, 2021 5:44 PM

I always got him mixed up with Dax Shepard. Two unfunny obnoxious white guys.

by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2021 5:47 PM

Carlos Mencia is another comedian who was popular at around the same time, and he too was done in by accusations of plagiarism. I believe Joe Rogan was one of the biggest critics of both Cook and Mencia.

by Anonymousreply 11May 1, 2021 5:54 PM

I never found him funny. His humor was tame and white bread. I want raunchy and unfiltered in comics.

He had a really fast trajectory to stardom, maybe for being one of the few "conventionally attractive" comics, but his 15 minutes were pretty short.

by Anonymousreply 12May 1, 2021 6:29 PM

R9 wrong... this kid used to flirt with me constantly and couldn’t keep his hands off me. I just didn’t know how to play it right, and there were always too many people around.

by Anonymousreply 13May 1, 2021 9:16 PM

R1 that’s a shame.

by Anonymousreply 14May 1, 2021 9:17 PM

None of his nudes yet? You ladies are slipping.

by Anonymousreply 15May 1, 2021 9:21 PM

From 2019

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 1, 2021 9:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 1, 2021 9:30 PM

Dane is perfectly intact.

by Anonymousreply 18May 1, 2021 9:35 PM

[quote]“My girlfriend and I, we get a lot of crap from people because we have an age difference,” Cook said. “I’m 46, and she’s 20.”

Wow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 1, 2021 9:36 PM

Dane Cook back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 1, 2021 9:41 PM

Where are the other penis shots?

by Anonymousreply 21May 1, 2021 9:53 PM

[quote]But anyways

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 22May 2, 2021 1:14 AM

Brutal takedown of Cook, courtesy of MadTV:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 2, 2021 1:18 AM

2 things I never could tolerate with him. His lack of upper lip situation, and that obnoxious voice of his.

by Anonymousreply 24May 2, 2021 1:21 AM

What's funny is that like Dane Cook Ike Barinholtz also used to be very hot, and has also since gone way downhill.

by Anonymousreply 25May 2, 2021 1:29 AM

Dane Cook used to have a nice ass.

by Anonymousreply 26May 2, 2021 1:33 AM

He’s dating a 20 year old? Gross. His face looks like a big puffy mess. Getting Wayne Newton vibes. I can see why he’s not getting work anymore.

by Anonymousreply 27May 2, 2021 1:35 AM

How can no one have mentioned yet that it was Dane Cook who originated the DL locution about "smelling cookies"? He's one of our patron deities.

by Anonymousreply 28May 2, 2021 1:40 AM

I thought he was the same person as Jamie Kennedy and Daniel Tosh.

by Anonymousreply 29May 2, 2021 1:46 AM

He was close to one of my brother’s friends 12-15ish years ago. My brother dealt drugs at the time, so got invited everywhere. They used to go to Vegas almost every weekend. Tommy Lee was part of that crew too. Dane was a major cokehead and fucked any female under 115 pounds and 25 years old. Tommy Lee would’ve fucked anything with a pulse. My brother got out of the game.

by Anonymousreply 30May 2, 2021 1:55 AM

As that Ike Barinholtz bit shows, Dane Cook's whole schtick depended on his intensity and his vocal rhythms--it was never on the actual material being funny. He reminded me of that old SNL skit when Phil Hartman would be Joey Bishop telling jokes that made absolutely no sense and had no punch lines, but were told in the same Borscht Belt comic inflections as if they WERE funny.

The Ike Barinholtz bit also shows that Cook must have done most of his comedy completely coked out of his mind.

What was interesting about him is that Hollywood was DETERMINED to make him a big star, and gave him a number of starring vehicles that no one liked, like "Employee of the Month" and "Good Luck Chuck." Their thinking was that his comedy was popular with college kids and he had a great body (which they showed off quite a bit in "Good Luck Chuck"), so they thought he would be a comedy heartthrob. But he just wasn't very good in films. (Hollywood tried to do the same thing with Russell Brand, who didn't have a good body but who had a handsome face--and again, audiences just didn't take to him.)

Cook at least made so much money from those films and his comedy tours that he's still a very wealthy man, even though he's a total hasbeen and has lost whatever sex appeal he once had.

by Anonymousreply 31May 2, 2021 2:04 AM

He was never funny. At all. Girls like him just becasue they thought he was hot. His career ended when he attempted to star in movies.

by Anonymousreply 32May 2, 2021 2:09 AM

All my straight male friends thought Cook was hilarious. He was King Dudebro when dudebro culture was everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 33May 2, 2021 2:10 AM

"they" tried hard to make him a sex symbol and a movie star.

by Anonymousreply 34May 2, 2021 2:12 AM

R33, same. My friend played one of his clips and had me watch it. I just turned to him and said "this isn't funny". I think he was offended, but I should be offended he wasted my time with that clip!

by Anonymousreply 35May 2, 2021 2:14 AM

Repulsive and unfunny

by Anonymousreply 36May 2, 2021 2:15 AM

But he did have a great body back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 37May 2, 2021 2:16 AM

R31 hopefully all that money did not go to his brother or up his nose!

by Anonymousreply 38May 2, 2021 2:17 AM

I'm convinced one of the reasons Good Luck Chuck tanked is because the movie poster pissed people off. It was a rip-off of Rolling Stone's famous tribute cover for John Lennon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 2, 2021 2:18 AM

Coke bloat. Coke plays havoc with your metabolism if you abuse it. While on it your body burns fat and calories like a mad man, but when you are off it your metabolism is out of wack and burning very few calories. Plenty of stars use it for a quick 20 lb weight loss but if you get on the regular, you have to do more and more and then when you come down your metabolism is pretty much gone.

by Anonymousreply 40May 2, 2021 2:19 AM

[quote] Stealing other comedians’ jokes couldn’t have helped.

I never found him particularly funny, but I always found the plagiarism charges crazy. Stealing jokes is as old as comedy. If we did away with all the hit comedians that stole material, 99% of the ones who were stars would be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 41May 2, 2021 2:20 AM

That's the film that was supposed to make him Cary Grant. All I could see were the acne scars and huge veneers. Not funny and not even cute.

by Anonymousreply 42May 2, 2021 2:29 AM

R40, the same situation with Adderall. They lose weight quickly, but can’t take a week off.

by Anonymousreply 43May 2, 2021 4:07 AM

Who's Dane Cook?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 2, 2021 4:35 AM

[quote] I just turned to him and said "this isn't funny". I think he was offended

That's one thing that has always amazed me about people, us gays especially. People who get mad because you don't like the same things as them. They act as if you not liking something means you're telling them they're stupid

by Anonymousreply 45May 2, 2021 11:52 AM

I saw him on some show many years back. The camera did a close up of his face. The guy is pockmarked like the surface of the moon.

by Anonymousreply 46May 2, 2021 12:17 PM

R28, I thought Dav Davidoff created “smelling cookies”. Did Dane Cook steal that too?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 2, 2021 1:09 PM

Better link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 2, 2021 1:10 PM

I remember back in his heyday watching one of his standup specials. I remember two funny jokes/stories: one about launching cashews into his mouth via his boner, and one about seeing his dad’s cock. Now I wonder who he stole those from.

by Anonymousreply 49May 2, 2021 1:23 PM

He looks like Nikocado Avocado nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 50May 2, 2021 1:55 PM

He was like me except he was thin, goodlooking and not funny

by Anonymousreply 51May 2, 2021 2:05 PM

He sure looked good for a hot minute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 2, 2021 2:31 PM

[quote]What's funny is that like Dane Cook Ike Barinholtz also used to be very hot, and has also since gone way downhill.

What's also funny is Ike Barinholtz's comedy, thus him still having a career despite not having his looks anymore.

by Anonymousreply 53May 2, 2021 2:52 PM

[quote]That's one thing that has always amazed me about people, us gays especially. People who get mad because you don't like the same things as them. They act as if you not liking something means you're telling them they're stupid

The reason they react that way is because they thought you were simpatico, and you're telling them at a crucial juncture--with humor--you're not. They shared it with you because they wanted you to enjoy it with them.

by Anonymousreply 54May 2, 2021 4:18 PM

The only decent movie I ever saw him in was Mr. Brooks with Kevin Costner.

by Anonymousreply 55May 2, 2021 4:35 PM

I was afraid of that, r43. My niece started taking Adderall this year for ADHD. She went from a D student to an A student, lost 20 pounds, and is dating a hottie. Her Dr told her to take the summer off the Adderall, and she is going to balloon up and be miserable.

by Anonymousreply 56May 2, 2021 5:05 PM

r56

She is a druggie. She should stop being dependent on drugs and go seek help.

by Anonymousreply 57May 3, 2021 1:47 PM

[quote] Dane Cook became too popular, and that's when the backlash started. Fellow comedians accused him of plagiarizing their material and it became trendy to dump on him relentlessly. I think that affected him deeply and he scaled back his appearance

Mary! He is not talented and he stole from other comedians. People stopped fucking hiring him.

by Anonymousreply 58May 3, 2021 3:19 PM

If he stole from other comedians and is considered 'not funny', he must have been a terrible judge of material. Did he just steal crap? You'd think he'd be hilarious if he stole good material...

by Anonymousreply 59May 3, 2021 4:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!