Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Went Braless During Lockdown. What Do I Do Now?

Now, why didn't they let Roxane Gay answer this question?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 4, 2021 10:03 AM

Either money-grubbing, alien sex robots or free-bleeding, bra-less, unshaven rape accusers and all alcoholic drama machines... why would anyone want to be straight?

by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2021 3:58 AM

A controversy over going bra-free? Is it the '70s again?

by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2021 4:03 AM

Can some DL ladies explain the issue with bras. I hear women complain about bras all the time and how they can't wait to get home and take their bras off. Can you provide some insight on the bra thing.

by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2021 4:11 AM

R1 or a lesbian for that matter

by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2021 4:12 AM

Top surgery and transitioning will fix this.

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2021 4:14 AM

WTF is this doing here?

by Anonymousreply 6May 1, 2021 4:14 AM

r3, they're simply incredibly frigging uncomfortable. Especially in the summer with heat and humidity

by Anonymousreply 7May 1, 2021 4:14 AM

My big ole titties love this! 🍈 🍈

by Anonymousreply 8May 1, 2021 4:20 AM

Erin Go Braless

by Anonymousreply 9May 1, 2021 4:34 AM

Some men should wear bras.

by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2021 6:45 AM

Your poor bras, Roxane at R8!

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2021 8:45 AM

If I was a woman I would hate wearing that shit.

by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2021 8:48 AM

I always imagine the underwire must dig in and the straps must hurt and leave marks, I don't know whether that's true or not though.

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2021 8:50 AM

I don't want to wear dress shirts and ties and pants that need to be ironed any longer after a year in lockdown.

Can I declare myself dissatisfied with social norms and wear pajamas to the office from now on?

by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2021 8:51 AM

Another embarrassing piece in the NYT. The headline states that women don't want to be 'harnessed' anymore, yet they then go on to say that bra sales have increased. Who is in charge over there? They're going to be as bad as CNN soon.

by Anonymousreply 15May 4, 2021 9:04 AM

As God Is My Witness, My Breasts Will Never Be Locked Up Again: How I Came To Live Freeboobing And Other Lessons From Covid Quarantine

by Anonymousreply 16May 4, 2021 9:33 AM

Women ditched their bra's back in the 1970s. Nobody has asked them to put them back on - blame your parents. I really don't give a fuck if women wear a bra or not. They could so topless for all I care.

by Anonymousreply 17May 4, 2021 9:34 AM

The rabbit holes I go down...

From what I can gather, red marks, bra prints, bruising, indented shoulders, and unrelenting misery are common. And if you have dark spots from underwires digging into your sternum, just make the bra even tighter.

[quote]This sounds like it may just be hyperpigmentation! It could be that the bra has stretched a bit and may be slightly loose in the back, which can cause the wires to shift and apply more pressure to your body.This sound may sound counter-intuitive, but you may want to try tightening the back of the bra to see if this helps. You could try gently bending the center wires away from your sternum to relieve some of the pressure. Hope this helps!

It's time to delete cookies and clear my cache.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 4, 2021 9:40 AM

Is it more uncomfortable to wear a bra that keeps everything in place or more uncomfortable to have your tits flapping all over the place?

by Anonymousreply 19May 4, 2021 9:48 AM

I feel like bras are one of those legitimate women's problems that in great part are made more problematic by women's own expectations.

I understand that it can be painful to have the weight of one's breasts pulling at her shoulders, and that's a basic function of any bra.

But are underwires and hot padding basic functions of bras? They're aesthetic. I was so surprised when I was younger and my women friends always dragged me into Victoria's Secret where they'd spend a good hour looking at and trying on bras. They were always thickly padded and looked like they'd be hot and uncomfortable, but my friends seemed to practically fetishize them, far more interested in bras' designs than comfort. Being a gay man, I had zero interest whatsoever and found the fixation to be confounding. I guess as women get older, they start to lose interest in style and care more about comfort and support, and I say good for them. It seems like women have always been in this strange position of wearing (and wanting to wear for the sake of competing with other women) strange foundation garments that change the shapes of their bodies, whether it's corsets or petticoats or bustles or padded push-up bras. Get over it, ladies.

by Anonymousreply 20May 4, 2021 9:49 AM

"Freeboobing" needs to trend on Twitter.

It's one of those phrases that will titillate straight men, until they see who posts their bra-free glamour shots.

I'm sure there are a healthy number of trans who will also complain about their painful, crippling bras, just like real women! (And be obviously turned on by doing so).

by Anonymousreply 21May 4, 2021 9:59 AM

That bra? On YOU???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 4, 2021 10:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!