Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Diana The Musical - Should Meghan Markle Attend Opening Night?

Broadway needs as much help as possible. Shouldn't Meghan (a member of Actors Equity) do her part to help out the Broadway community, by attending opening night.

That would guarantee sold-out tickets for months.

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2021 7:55 PM

Don't fucking ruin opening night by inviting Markle. I saw "Diana, The Musical" when it first opened at La Jola Playhouse in San Diego fall of 2019. It was due to open on Broadway March of 2020--and then everything shut down. I'm a huge fan of Diana, Princess of Wales, so I was going to like the show pretty much no mater what. However, I go to a lot of theatre, so I'm fairly good at critiquing shows. Diana, The Musical is going to get pretty much creamed by reviewers when it opens on Broadway. It's not that great of a show. It's to bad because after the pandemic, Broadway and everyone else associated with the show needs a big hit. However, the reviews will likely be lukewarm at best. Keep fucking Markle away. She's a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 1April 29, 2021 12:34 AM

Meghan is a member of Actors' Equity? How did she get her card?

by Anonymousreply 2April 29, 2021 1:19 AM

The taping of "Diana" is set to drop on Netflix on October 1, and then the show is scheduled to resume Broadway previews on Dec. 1. Having seen one of the Broadway previews of "Diana" in February, 2020, I can safely predict that the reviews will be brutal and the show will not resume performances. Critics haven't had the opportunity to review a new Broadway musical or play since March, 2020, so "Diana" on Netflix will be reviewed and dissected by pundits everywhere.

It should also be noted that "Diana" got lucky: Had it opened on schedule in March 2020, it would have flopped quickly. By selling it to Netflix (clearly as a tie-in to "The Crown"), the show must have gotten back a decent chunk of its investment.

by Anonymousreply 3April 29, 2021 2:07 AM

[quote] Meghan is a member of Actors' Equity? How did she get her card?

She was an actress

by Anonymousreply 4April 29, 2021 11:57 PM

Ah, no, R4. Good try, though. You don't get your Equity card simply by being an "actress." I grant you that she has her SAG card by doing film and tv, but an Equity card is for stage work only. What stage work has she done?

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2021 12:44 PM

She could sing this showstopper at intermission.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 1, 2021 12:52 PM

Harry's first wife attending? People might boo.

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2021 7:51 PM

How's the car crash number? Is it like "Quintet" in 'West Side Story?'

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2021 7:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!