Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chesa Boudin, Worst DA Ever

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33September 14, 2021 10:38 AM

Pelosi country.

by Anonymousreply 1April 27, 2021 12:07 AM

OP, why are you referencing that right-wing DM rag?

Oh, because you’re a Trumpster.

by Anonymousreply 2April 27, 2021 12:37 AM

Sorry R2 you must be one of those leftist morons driving away moderate Dems or you’re someone who can’t stand criticism directed against any Dems. You’re just like the Trumptards you supposedly despise. Continue in this manner and watch California turn purple. Californian Dems are moderates not ultra leftwing.

by Anonymousreply 3April 27, 2021 12:55 AM

Boudin is a worthless piece of shit, but so is Caitlyn. Where is all this energy for her fellow Republicans who are against LGBTQ rights?

by Anonymousreply 4April 27, 2021 12:59 AM

R4 exactly. Because of shit stains like Boudin, now regressive types like Caitlyn are coming out of the woodwork exploiting the current situation to further their own ambitions. It didn’t have to come to this if California Dems rein in the loony, crazy hard left.

by Anonymousreply 5April 27, 2021 1:19 AM

Here you go R2, this article goes further into detail than DM and makes Boudin look even worse. From that bastion of rightwing conservatism SF Chronicle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 27, 2021 1:22 AM

What is leftist about not prosecuting DV cases? This is some weird ass DA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 27, 2021 1:54 AM

You got what you voted for, SF. I’m sick of people blindly following a political party and voting for a candidate solely based on affiliation. When evaluating a candidate, I don’t look at party, I look at their policies and see how they’ll affect me, my loved ones and my community.

by Anonymousreply 8April 27, 2021 2:00 AM

R7 Extreme leftists advocate for rehabilitation and not punishment.

by Anonymousreply 9April 27, 2021 2:01 AM

Boudin was born in New York City to Jewish parents.[4] His parents, Kathy Boudin and David Gilbert, were Weather Underground members.[5]

When Boudin was 14 months old, his parents were arrested for murder in their role as getaway car drivers in the Brink's robbery of 1981 in Rockland County, New York.[4][6] His mother was sentenced to 20 years to life[7] and his father to 75 years to life for the felony murders of two police officers and a security guard.[8] After his parents were incarcerated, Boudin was raised in Chicago by adoptive parents Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn, who, like his parents, had been members of the Weather Underground.[9] Boudin reports that he did not learn to read until age 9.[10] Kathy Boudin was released under parole supervision in 2003.[6][11]

Boudin descends from a long left-wing lineage. His great-great-grand-uncle, Louis B. Boudin,[12] was a Marxist theoretician and author of a two-volume history of the Supreme Court's influence on American government, and his grandfather Leonard Boudin was an attorney who represented controversial clients such as Fidel Castro and Paul Robeson.[13] His uncle Michael Boudin[12] is a judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, and Michael Boudin's uncle Isidor Feinstein Stone was an independent journalist.[12][14]

by Anonymousreply 10April 27, 2021 2:09 AM

In November 2020, Boudin lobbied New York Governor Andrew Cuomo to commute the 75-year-to-life prison sentence of his father David Gilbert, the last member of Weather Underground still incarcerated for their involvement in the 1981 Brink's robbery. The effort is led by CUNY School of Law professor Steve Zeidman and supported by 45 faith leaders: including Ela Gandhi, Bernice King, and Archbishop Desmond Tutu. They cite Gilbert's clean prison record and increased risk towards COVID-19 within the prison population as arguments for his clemency. Relatives of the victims contested the appeal, questioning why Gilbert deserves attention when inmates with lesser convictions do not.

by Anonymousreply 11April 27, 2021 2:10 AM

R9 being leftist is about economics.

by Anonymousreply 12April 27, 2021 2:22 AM

I voted for Boudin in 2019 for two reasons:

>> 1.) I liked his policy idea of getting rid of cash bail in favor of a purely risk-based approach. Because as we all know, people with means bond themselves right out, often when they still pose a danger to the public. >> 2.) Once again as she is wont to do, Mayor London Breed had to put her thumb on the scale and appoint his opponent, Suzy Loftus, to the open DA seat a mere two weeks before election day in an attempt to give Loftus an incumbent's advantage.

It was mostly # 2 above that gave Boudin the narrow win over Loftus. Many SF voters were incensed that she just had to weigh in with unnecessary executive action when an election was imminent and absentee voting had already begun.

Mayor Breed (Greed?) pulls stunts like this on the regular, yet seems to always get a pass with her folksy "grew up in the projects raised by my grandma" first black female SF mayor narrative. See also: Her writing to former Governor Brown on her official mayoral letterhead asking for clemency for her convicted murderer brother (she claimed the letterhead was an accident, not an abuse of her official power); and trying to simultaneously control the city's executive and legislative branches by serving as both Acting Mayor and Board of Sups President (she was tossed out as Acting Mayor for the infraction, black SF immediately branded the move as RACIST!, and she later narrowly won election to the seat).

I no longer live in SF. I'm disappointed in Boudin's record and wouldn't vote to re-elect if I were still there, but spite against Breed is probably the only reason he's in office in the first place. If she'd kept her ass out of it, the more status quo choice Loftus probably would have won as she was polling ahead until Breed's "appointment."

by Anonymousreply 13April 27, 2021 2:22 AM

A lot of these DAs were hand-picked by Soros for this specific purpose. Instead of going through the painstaking process of changing the law, just pick which laws they want to enforce and against which groups of people to enforce them.

by Anonymousreply 14April 27, 2021 2:23 AM

Fuck the right-wing Daily Mail.

by Anonymousreply 15April 27, 2021 2:25 AM

OP is a cunt for posting from the daily mail. He is one of those obsessive royal family trolls. Also known as 'we hate meghan markle because she's a black woman' trolls

by Anonymousreply 16April 27, 2021 2:28 AM

San Francisco is such a mess. The homeless are out of control. It’s too bad a sane Republican could never win election there.

by Anonymousreply 17April 27, 2021 2:30 AM

Yup he's pretty terrible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 27, 2021 2:38 AM

R17 Republicans at the state and federal levels are the reason that homelessness in San Francisco -- and LA, and Seattle, and the midwest and all over the goddamn country -- is the disgraceful NATIONAL epidemic that it is.

Who was it as governor that shut down all the California state mental institutions? Right, it was RONALD REAGAN. And who is it in federal offices in Congress and past presidencies who never want to pay a fucking dime for any social program unless it's providing welfare for the wealthy and corporations? Right, it's REPUBLICANS.

Try harder. Homelessness is a raging fire in our nation, but we know who's responsible for lighting the match.

by Anonymousreply 19April 27, 2021 2:39 AM

It's incredible how much of a two-faced liar Boudin is. He claims he lets lesser crimes go because he wants to focus on serious violent crimes, but then he also lets perpetrators of serious violent crimes off easy. I can't even make sense of what it is he's trying to accomplish. It's not like he's trying to help criminals get rehabilitated.

Is Boudin stupid enough to believe that, once you let criminals off the hook enough times, they'll suddenly see the error of their ways? Or is his goal just pure mayhem? Right-wing conspiracy theories about bio-Leninism suddenly aren't looking so crazy.

by Anonymousreply 20April 27, 2021 2:41 AM

[quote] It’s too bad a sane Republican could never win election there.

They would do nothing about the homeless problem besides tweeting incessantly about it. Then they’d cut taxes for the wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 21April 27, 2021 2:57 AM

R10 Swell

by Anonymousreply 22April 27, 2021 3:00 AM

Who is the DA who let that murderer Kaitlyn Jenner off?

by Anonymousreply 23April 27, 2021 3:01 AM

R23, that was LA County prosecutor Patricia Wilkinson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 27, 2021 3:03 AM

What in the heck kind of a name is chesa?

by Anonymousreply 25April 27, 2021 3:23 AM

R25 Don't know, but he's definitely not of the original San Francisco Boudins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 27, 2021 3:26 AM

I believe 'Chesa' was named after the murderous leftist icon, Che Guevara, of t-shirt image fame.

by Anonymousreply 27April 27, 2021 6:58 AM

[Quote]black SF immediately branded the move as RACIST!

How many African Americans or Hispanics or working class whites can still afford to live there? Yes, of COURSE, there's a scattering among the largely Caucasian and Asian silicon douchebro takeover of the Bay Area.

by Anonymousreply 28April 28, 2021 7:21 AM

I’m closely watching the race for Manhattan DA. There’s only one I know of (Liz Crotty) who thinks our bail reform isn’t working. The rest of them sound like Boudin.

My fear is that when the pendulum swings the other way it’s going to overcorrect. Why can’t we ever do anything in moderation?!

by Anonymousreply 29April 28, 2021 9:25 AM

[quote] I voted for Boudin.....

[quote] I no longer live in SF.

Hilarious. So what state did you move to that you plan to ruin then leave?

by Anonymousreply 30April 28, 2021 1:38 PM

R30 I explained my vote reasoning in explicit detail and also said:

[quote] I'm disappointed in Boudin's record and wouldn't vote to re-elect if I were still there

Comments from the likely Alabama shithole you live in are irrelevant and unwelcome. Now go fuck yourself. And have a nice day.

by Anonymousreply 31April 28, 2021 1:59 PM

A drive is underway to gather enough signatures to run a recall election for Boudin. They have until the end of October to gather enough signatures for a recall election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 14, 2021 10:22 AM

History teaches us that recall campaigns in California amount to not much more than right-wing temper tantrums.

Go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 33September 14, 2021 10:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!