Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hotel worker has melt down after being called out for making error.

Has a complete temper tantrum right in front of a customer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601May 1, 2021 5:31 AM

MAJOR drama 👸

by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2021 6:54 PM

i was in the travel business (airlines). I get his breakdown!

by Anonymousreply 2April 26, 2021 6:57 PM

A. Anybody who links to a racist, homophobic POS like Tariq Nasheed deserves to be burned alive.

B. I'm sorry, but 5 seconds in I was praying for a trigger-happy cop to pay that customer a visit. Even if the employee was incompetent (and I plead guilty to not being interested in watching the video), why are black males ALWAYS so fucking belligerent?

by Anonymousreply 3April 26, 2021 6:58 PM

The front desk guy was being belligerent to the extreme, R3, not the customer.

by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2021 7:01 PM

As I said, I didn't watch the video, but the customer was certainly barking at him in the beginning. That employee obviously has some major mental health issue, but ole Tariq only posts shit like this because he's embarrassed about how many videos there are of black people acting like lunatics.

by Anonymousreply 5April 26, 2021 7:04 PM

This sort of thing would have never happened at a La Quinta.

by Anonymousreply 6April 26, 2021 7:05 PM

This is not a race issue and we don't have the entire picture. And, not cool that the customer video taped him and was not helping the situation.

by Anonymousreply 7April 26, 2021 7:11 PM

That isn't a temper tantrum in response to being "called out".

This is a young man who is most likely on the autistic spectrum being filmed doing his job and thinking he's going to be turned into a "Male Karen" meme.

I hope Holiday Inn put out a statement offering their employee support.

by Anonymousreply 8April 26, 2021 7:14 PM

The black man filming was likely the aggressor. The poor guy at the front desk has probably had the year from hell and just couldn’t take anymore. Anyone who has worked in the service industry knows that it isn’t uncommon for black people to bitch about their bill and demand things for free. Not racist just a true stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 9April 26, 2021 7:14 PM

Ugh that poor guy. That response looked like a form of seizure. I would hope for more compassion for anyone in his condition. The filming and goading feels exploitive and cruel. I’d feel that way if the individuals were reversed, too. It’s a feel bad moment. I hate seeing people in crisis exploited anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 10April 26, 2021 7:17 PM

He probably shouldn’t have shoved a phone in his face. That’s a Karen move.

by Anonymousreply 11April 26, 2021 7:17 PM

The black guy knew the white guy was terrified of him and was being a nasty bully.

by Anonymousreply 12April 26, 2021 7:21 PM

I feel sorry for this guy. I saw this video last night and I knew it would end up here. Exploiting his breakdown is cruel and op should be ashamed for bringing this here. The guy filming was trying to promote a racial incident and is being called out for his insensitivity,

I hope the guy is alright, I can think of a few times in my life where I came close to doing the same thing

by Anonymousreply 13April 26, 2021 7:21 PM

[quote]The black man filming was likely the aggressor. The poor guy at the front desk has probably had the year from hell and just couldn’t take anymore. Anyone who has worked in the service industry knows that it isn’t uncommon for black people to bitch about their bill and demand things for free. Not racist just a true stereotype.

Is it racist day on DL or something? I actually feel sorry for the kid and hope he's okay, but I've been in enough hotels and seen enough white people berate front desk staff to know this isn't a race thing by any stretch. People, black and white, can be awful.

by Anonymousreply 14April 26, 2021 7:24 PM

France has laws against filming in public. It can be so rude to have a camera jammed in your face.

Not a wonder paparrazos get punched in the face.

by Anonymousreply 15April 26, 2021 7:28 PM

New info: Turns out the guy has BPD and the dude recording was calling him homophobic slurs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 26, 2021 7:33 PM

It’s a good thing I thing I only stay at the Four Seasons, where I get quality service from level headed professionals. 🤡

by Anonymousreply 17April 26, 2021 7:35 PM

the asshole customer is always wrong.

by Anonymousreply 18April 26, 2021 7:35 PM

I’m just happy that I could block R3’s racist ass. “I do don’t watch the video but I hope the black guy gets shot by a cop”. Fucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 19April 26, 2021 7:36 PM

Yes according to the front desk clerk, before he started filming the customer called him a FAGGOT.

by Anonymousreply 20April 26, 2021 7:37 PM

This is so sad. That guy has amazing hair. He was being harassed and the filmer was calling him faggot and other slurs.

by Anonymousreply 21April 26, 2021 7:38 PM

Black customers are assholes. Not racist, just experience.

by Anonymousreply 22April 26, 2021 7:40 PM

Where is response from the guy on reception being reported?

by Anonymousreply 23April 26, 2021 7:40 PM

Now he says he's getting death threats from the recorder's family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 26, 2021 7:41 PM

[quote]France has laws against filming in public. It can be so rude to have a camera jammed in your face.

Ironic it is the French.

by Anonymousreply 25April 26, 2021 7:41 PM

R22 White gays are THE WORST. Not racist, just experience.

by Anonymousreply 26April 26, 2021 7:44 PM

The guy who was filmed doesn't want this video shared.

by Anonymousreply 27April 26, 2021 7:45 PM

Has the filmer been ID’d yet?

by Anonymousreply 28April 26, 2021 7:46 PM

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 29April 26, 2021 7:46 PM

Filming and needling this guy is so cruel and hurtful. I would want to help the person in crisis, and I’d feel the same way if he were any age, color, gender, etc. That could be our brother, that could be me, and it could possibly be the narrator (after someone punches him in the head for exploiting others for attention).

by Anonymousreply 30April 26, 2021 7:46 PM

[quote] This is not a race issue

Oh, you sweet summer child. You'll learn, but the hard way.

by Anonymousreply 31April 26, 2021 7:46 PM

He shouldn't get death threats, however, his behavior should be called on as not appropriate.

Let's make sure everyone knows who he is as he is a homophobic mother fucker and the true aggressor. I get so tired of us just taking shit but we have a voice and we should use it too.

by Anonymousreply 32April 26, 2021 7:47 PM

I feel bad for the guy being taped.

by Anonymousreply 33April 26, 2021 7:47 PM

This is a mental health issue more than homophobia or race. Poor kid. Several threads today promoting division along sexuality and race btw.

by Anonymousreply 34April 26, 2021 7:50 PM

I'm actually impressed with Twitter. I was 100% sure they were going to side with the black guy.

by Anonymousreply 35April 26, 2021 7:50 PM

No one should ever work with the public again. Computers only.

by Anonymousreply 36April 26, 2021 7:51 PM

I waited tables for 10 years, in various parts of this country and 9 out of 10 times waiting on a black person they would 1) lousy tip or never tip at all 2) run you ragged for requests 3) always, ALWAYS when they order alcoholic beverages quote "i can't taste the alcohol" and want MORE in the drink but of course DO NOT WANT to pay for the extra alcohol....

this is truth...

by Anonymousreply 37April 26, 2021 7:53 PM

In fairness, even the black people in the comments section are calling out the tweet. Calling out the mockery of mental illness and why exactly is he bringing up the races of the ones involved.

by Anonymousreply 38April 26, 2021 7:56 PM

Mean people suck. That hotel guest was mean. Therefore, he sucks.

by Anonymousreply 39April 26, 2021 7:56 PM

[quote]He shouldn't get death threats, however, his behavior should be called on as not appropriate.

It's the hotel worker who says he's getting death threats from the family of the guy who made the video (see R24). He also says he's spiraling (drove to work drunk, hasn't been to sleep since the incident) and implies he's suicidal.

by Anonymousreply 40April 26, 2021 7:58 PM

Gofundme raised nearly $5,000

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 26, 2021 8:01 PM

Tariq Nasheed 🇺🇸 @tariqnasheed Foundational Black American 🇺🇸 #FBA info@tariqelite.com - Journalist -I’m the world’s #1 Race Baiter. I bait racists & expose them

by Anonymousreply 42April 26, 2021 8:03 PM

Man, he is in the wrong industry. People are insensitive, dumb, and lazy. Customer service is not for "the weak"

BTW, I get that you trolls are ALL butthurt over people calling out the evils of white men but your constant attempts at starting a DL race war have gone from desperate to laughably embarrassing. We can almost telegraph your posts.

by Anonymousreply 43April 26, 2021 8:04 PM

[quote]In fairness, even the black people in the comments section are calling out the tweet. Calling out the mockery of mental illness and why exactly is he bringing up the races of the ones involved.

Comment from a black woman with an autistic child:

[quote]It's really unfortunate that the customer didn't show any kind of grace or understanding to the employee for something that probably wasn't his fault in the first place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 26, 2021 8:07 PM

It’s time for these chains to start giving training to employees on how to behave if recorded.

by Anonymousreply 45April 26, 2021 8:08 PM

R45 They shouldn't never be recorded in the first place. Recording someone is an act of provocation as far as I'm concerned.

by Anonymousreply 46April 26, 2021 8:09 PM

R43, nah not really, if anything the constant whining has made me lean into my whiteness.

by Anonymousreply 47April 26, 2021 8:09 PM

The sad thing is Tariq, the "journalist", is probably loving the publicity.

by Anonymousreply 48April 26, 2021 8:10 PM

[quote]Man, he is in the wrong industry. People are insensitive, dumb, and lazy. Customer service is not for "the weak" BTW, I get that you trolls are ALL butthurt over people calling out the evils of white men but your constant attempts at starting a DL race war have gone from desperate to laughably embarrassing. We can almost telegraph your posts.

Imagine calling someone with a mental health disability "weak" and then going on to call other people trolls.

Imagine having such a lack of self awareness.

Imagine being such a fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 49April 26, 2021 8:15 PM

He's not wrong though R49. Why is someone with an admitted mental illness working in hospitality? It doesn't excuse the homophobic asshole who filmed it btw

by Anonymousreply 50April 26, 2021 8:19 PM

I say this as someone whose history shows I call out the racist cunts on here all of the time: It seems some black people are overplaying their hand in thinking that just because people recognize the injustices done against them, that means they have free license to be assholes towards people who aren't black. No, it doesn't work like that. The customer is a scumbag pos and I hope his name is known so that he's banned from hotels. And throw in banning Nasheed. He's a fucking douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 51April 26, 2021 8:19 PM

R43, the ones trying to start a race war are people like you. "The evils of white men" - what the fuck does that even mean? That all white men are evil? And you say this while commenting on an incident where a black man was behaving like a piece of shit to a probably much younger white man. There is no excuse for a customer to behave like that to an employee.

by Anonymousreply 52April 26, 2021 8:19 PM

Why is the customer being blamed? He pulled out his phone but nearly everyone does that these days. Besides, the kid had already hit the computer once before the filming began which is why the customer pulled out his phone in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 53April 26, 2021 8:20 PM

The kid really needs to pursue a career as a flight attendant.

by Anonymousreply 54April 26, 2021 8:21 PM

Because he called him a FAGGOT OP

by Anonymousreply 55April 26, 2021 8:22 PM

Where does it say that, R55?

by Anonymousreply 56April 26, 2021 8:23 PM

The customer is being blamed for behaving like a piece of shit, r53.

by Anonymousreply 57April 26, 2021 8:24 PM

R53, I don't believe for a second that the customer was some innocent little thing. Your reaction is the minority. Most of the people think the customer was an insensitive jerk.

by Anonymousreply 58April 26, 2021 8:24 PM

Black people (especially the men) are known for being total cunts whenever they are inconvenienced or don’t get their way. They make EVERYTHING about race.

WTF did this kid do that was racist? And if he hit his computer, he was obviously just taking his frustration out on it - nowhere did he blame the asshole Black guy.

by Anonymousreply 59April 26, 2021 8:26 PM

R56 it says it in the tweet the desk clerk posted. And also, how exactly is what the clerk did racist? No one can really point to anything that indicates he was racist

by Anonymousreply 60April 26, 2021 8:27 PM

[quote]He's not wrong though [R49]. Why is someone with an admitted mental illness working in hospitality?

Because people with mental illnesses are allowed to take jobs where they deal with people.

by Anonymousreply 61April 26, 2021 8:29 PM

[quote]They shouldn't never be recorded in the first place. Recording someone is an act of provocation as far as I'm concerned. (R46)

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 62April 26, 2021 8:30 PM

The Race of Peace, Kindness & Empathy strikes again.

by Anonymousreply 63April 26, 2021 8:31 PM

Then they can suffer the consequences when their illness acts up R61. The customer was out of line but the clerk should be fired for that tantrum.

by Anonymousreply 64April 26, 2021 8:31 PM

R63 oh and Acceptance.

by Anonymousreply 65April 26, 2021 8:31 PM

This pisses me off so bad. That fucking piece of shit behind the camera is obviously antagonizing him. I hope that motherfucker gets a horrendous cancer that slowly eats his body and he dies in excruciating pain.

by Anonymousreply 66April 26, 2021 8:33 PM

BTW, I actually agree that someone with mental health issues should not be in a customer-facing position. ESPECIALLY in an industry like hotels or airlines where you know you are going to get shit from asshole customers.

But I am so sick of these videos that cut in somewhere in the middle, almost always where the recorder has presented themselves in the most favorable light (or in this case the clerk in the worst light).

by Anonymousreply 67April 26, 2021 8:35 PM

The customer was a dumb cunt. Hope he gets named.

by Anonymousreply 68April 26, 2021 8:35 PM

Why the customer is being blamed? His fault. Triggered the mother fucking sweet guy customer. Shit. And that fool already is bopping and crying like a pussy. Pow! So shut the fuck up. The black guy is always wrong, right? Always? Shit. Racist shit. Plus that wasn't even him there. Someone else.

by Anonymousreply 69April 26, 2021 8:36 PM

Best Twitter comment from some Welfare Kween: “Stop taking a job if you cannot handle stress because you have been privileged your entire life!”

A big ol chunk of a certain demographic has decided “Imma fittin ta get paid on this card” see R69 for example

by Anonymousreply 70April 26, 2021 8:37 PM

R69 Awwww hell naw boi now y’all done up and done it

by Anonymousreply 71April 26, 2021 8:38 PM

WHITE RECEPTIONISTS MATTER

I kid, I kid! In all seriousness, I feel bad that the guy behind the front desk was put in the middle of this situation. Those people do not have easy jobs. Could it have been handled better? Absolutely, from both sides. Could it be that the employee was not presenting his best self to the customer? Well, sure, but again that seems to be coming from both sides. On the plus side, and I hate saying this, at least the white guy’s mental illness and breaking point didn’t lead up to another mass shooting. I hope he’s doing better and getting the help that he needs.

by Anonymousreply 72April 26, 2021 8:39 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 26, 2021 8:39 PM

The black guy filming is clearly a fucking asshole. Isn't it obvious that the white guy cannot handle the situation even after he beats himself and slams the computer into his own head? Why does Fucking Asshole have to continue pestering him?

by Anonymousreply 74April 26, 2021 8:41 PM

The worst part for me was that the customer moved around to continue capturing the young man as he cowered in a nook area. It was like what a wounded puppy does after being beaten and tortured. Tries to hide and hope the pain goes away.

Yet the customer took delight and puffed himself up to capture more of the humiliation. That customer and his actions display the worse in human nature.

by Anonymousreply 75April 26, 2021 8:41 PM

Can we please doxx the fuckhead customer? Who is he?

by Anonymousreply 76April 26, 2021 8:43 PM

So let’s get the rules straight, never mention race to blacks and worship the ground they walk on, but treat white people like shit and degrade them constantly. That’s “equality”. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 77April 26, 2021 8:44 PM

Black people often have an aggressive, hostile attitude when interacting with White people. As if all the racism they have suffered justifies them.

by Anonymousreply 78April 26, 2021 8:46 PM

Black people don't degrade whites constantly R77, you need to stop with the victimhood. The customer was a good old fashioned bully and the clerk was out of his depth and behaved unprofessionally.

by Anonymousreply 79April 26, 2021 8:47 PM

I have R57, R63, R65, R66, R70, R71, R73, R76, R77, R78, R79 on ignore.

Are they all the same person I wonder?

by Anonymousreply 80April 26, 2021 8:49 PM

Apologies to R78 and R79 - their posts are showing now.

So it's e [R57], [R63], [R65], [R66], [R70], [R71], [R73], [R76], [R77] who looks like he's more at home on Stormfront.

by Anonymousreply 81April 26, 2021 8:51 PM

Covid has made everyone slightly mentally ill. In this case, one person was made more fragile and another more sociopathic. Doesn't matter what color or sexuality or who is serving or who is paying. The sociopath couldn't just stop, could he?

Why are so many people in this fucked up country so awful to each other?

by Anonymousreply 82April 26, 2021 8:55 PM

Yeah yeah.

Can we stop trying to formulaically determine what "types" of individuals will do x?

People from all races can be nice. People from all races can kill you. Stop it.

by Anonymousreply 83April 26, 2021 8:56 PM

There's a lot going on here. I've been there. I started having nervous breakdowns at work dealing with customers and left shortly afterwards. I'm just glad it was in the day before everyone whipped out their phones. Hotels shouldn't be placing solitary employees on the front desk by themselves. There should always be at least two persons on duty. The industry no longer has norms for pricing, you can have someone checking in or out at sixteen different rates on the same day. When you're out there with a hostile client, who is twice your size, you don't have a lot of coping mechanisms. The rules also change constantly, so you're constantly relearning computers, programs, service norms, policies, everything. Bipolar people, depressed people, substance-addicted people work in many jobs, often doing them well. Whoever posted this to Twitter should be ashamed of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 84April 26, 2021 9:00 PM

The black guy is a homophobic asshole and should be dragged like the bitch that he is.

by Anonymousreply 85April 26, 2021 9:03 PM

Fuck that black piece of shit asshole.

by Anonymousreply 86April 26, 2021 9:12 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87April 26, 2021 9:15 PM

[quote]He's not wrong though [R49]. Why is someone with an admitted mental illness working in hospitality? It doesn't excuse the homophobic asshole who filmed it btw

My guess is that guy might not have the best luck getting jobs that aren't customer facing and it could be that he's stuck working in hospitality for money reasons.

by Anonymousreply 88April 26, 2021 9:28 PM

The customer was clearly being an asshole, but it really scares me how quickly DataLounge jumps to hating an entire race for the actions of one guy. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 89April 26, 2021 9:29 PM

Any guest calling an employee a faggot should be asked to leave the hotel at once. End of discussion.

by Anonymousreply 90April 26, 2021 9:30 PM

Send money

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 26, 2021 9:31 PM

[quote]hating an entire race for the actions of one guy

Yes because we've NEVER seen aggressive, intimidating homophobia from any male African-American before. Never!

by Anonymousreply 92April 26, 2021 9:32 PM

I'm not a fan of this new trend of filming everything, in hopes of getting something good, or ruining someone's life. I know why black people do it sometimes though -- they always had difficulty proving the shit they go through. Kind of like with women showing what street harrassment looks like because the public doesn't see it -- but the difference is, no men were shown individually (faces blurred out) while catcalling like animals.

You know we have a recording addiction when people somehow think to record during a mass shooting, like they're reporters in a war zone. Instead of taking any positive action, people stand around taping crimes, rapes, bullying, etc. It's quite sick really.

It's even worse when it's edited / starts after whatever prompted the recording, because now you don't know what's what. This could be turned around on anyone in an instant, even the supposed victim. It's a violation of privacy and yes, in some cases, an act of aggressive antagonizing behavior.

Not that people shouldn't get proof of abuses, like racism, but when it's something where it's just a person having a meltdown, with nothing against anyone in particular (I'll give him this; maybe the customer thought it might go there, for whatever reason) -- just fucking erase it afterwards. Let's go back to giving people the benefit of doubt; a death in family, mental illness, poverty stress, or whatever, because this, whatever this is, is not healthy for society.

by Anonymousreply 93April 26, 2021 9:33 PM

The filmer, the black dude, is a FUCKING SOCIOPATH.

by Anonymousreply 94April 26, 2021 9:33 PM

And black men want us to stop seeing them as threats

by Anonymousreply 95April 26, 2021 9:35 PM

Yup. It's called white fragility. Look it up.

by Anonymousreply 96April 26, 2021 9:37 PM

R91 okay, this is a guy using the climate to be an asshole, which makes me suspect his entire motives with this. It's fine to support POC (please do) but stop letting these types of sociopathic people profit directly from it. I could never ever use my race to profit off the abuses the rest of my community faces. It would feel like fraud.

by Anonymousreply 97April 26, 2021 9:38 PM

this is just cruel and also misleading. There is no video evidence of the clerk being "belligerent and rude" OP is trying to gaslight. This guy was being an asshole, some people are fragile. This is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 98April 26, 2021 9:38 PM

I am very upset after watching- that was very sad. I hate to see someone in such a dark place.

by Anonymousreply 99April 26, 2021 9:40 PM

I’m with you Paul r99. That young man went to a dark space and just couldn’t cope. Been there once or twice. It’s a very lonely and terrifying place to be.

by Anonymousreply 100April 26, 2021 9:44 PM

R16 What’s new? Black people flip out when someone calls them the n-word and cry for respect, and yet they go around saying the other f-word. They cry about being treated like second class citizens when they do the same to gays. That’s why I quit feeling sorry for black people. EVERY time they have an argument with someone gay they resort to gay slurs.

*Waits for someone to say “Oh, because one black person said something homophobic that means all black people are?” No, maybe not all, but a good portion.

by Anonymousreply 101April 26, 2021 9:48 PM

I think this is popular because many of us have worked in retail and customer service and that's similar to what it feels like when a member of the public is berating us.

We need a worker's rights revolution.

by Anonymousreply 102April 26, 2021 9:50 PM

Working with the public is soul-crushing.. I feel bad for that poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 103April 26, 2021 9:51 PM

It really could be anyone doing the berating. Lord knows how many times some bitchy Karen has set my blood boiling.

Ok can relate and have prayed to God to just let me die before going back into that type of job. Not even joking. It was a decade if survival and at the end, nothing to show for it. Never felt free and always felt like an emotional human punching bag.

by Anonymousreply 104April 26, 2021 9:53 PM

I’m just going to flat-out say it: Black men are some of the biggest crybaby assholes when they don’t get their way. It’s because black women always coddle their sons and give them everything they want to please them.

by Anonymousreply 105April 26, 2021 9:55 PM

[quote] EVERY time they have an argument with someone gay they resort to gay slurs.

I'm Canadian. My nephew has been playing hockey since he was five years old.

Before Covid a black player joined his team. He says in all the years he's been playing hockey he has never heard a player call anyone a faggot on the ice until this guy joined the team. It got so bad the coach had to pull him aside and tell him to stop. He tried defend himself by saying it doesn't mean gay.

For many black people it really is their go to word.

by Anonymousreply 106April 26, 2021 9:56 PM

Yes, Mr. Canadian because all white people are gay friendly and never vote against gay rights and never say the f - word and just openly embrace the gay. Thank God for white people, making life better for gay men and women since forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107April 26, 2021 10:00 PM

R106 Same is true for anyone. Jesus Christ. Cue the faggot compilation to make a point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 26, 2021 10:01 PM

Look at the black DLers, who, when backed into a corner when arguing with others here, will lash out with "ancient white fags", "old, white, out of touch effeminates", etc. etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 109April 26, 2021 10:02 PM

[quote] I'm sorry, but 5 seconds in I was praying for a trigger-happy cop to pay that customer a visit.

Wow. 31 likes to R3 for this kind of talk.

by Anonymousreply 110April 26, 2021 10:03 PM

R110 It says people get angry and say things they don't really mean because they're sensitive.

Most people don't really want to see someone die. Come on.

by Anonymousreply 111April 26, 2021 10:08 PM

Hopefully, Tariq and the customer will get terminal cancer or die in some horrible way. They are truly evil people.

by Anonymousreply 112April 26, 2021 10:10 PM

Poor little fella. I want to go over and hug him.

by Anonymousreply 113April 26, 2021 10:13 PM

Jesus Christ, the guy is obviously mentally ill. He is either autistic or else he has some kind of emotional disturbance. This isn't funny.

It's fucked up that every time an evil dude kills 20 people with a machine gun, newspeople blame mentally ill people for mass murders. Then when some guy videotapes himself harassing a mentally ill people, the people of the Internet make fun of the mentally ill person.

by Anonymousreply 114April 26, 2021 10:14 PM

I give the hotel worker a hell of a lot of credit for not assaulting the asshole taping him. It was hard to watch him hit himself but he showed a lot of self-awareness to not curse or punch the guy out and get himself out of the situation. He did well in a low moment.

by Anonymousreply 115April 26, 2021 10:18 PM

R105, Racism? For spring? Groundbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 116April 26, 2021 10:19 PM

I'd say the difference R107 is that blacks are supposed to be less prejudiced since they are a marginalized group and know what it's like. But as experience has taught us, blacks like to shit on any group they consider lower than themselves, just like whites do. Apparently being the recipient of racism hasn't taught them empathy. But I think it's unfair to label all blacks as homophobic since there are plenty who aren't. The customer in the video is a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 117April 26, 2021 10:19 PM

The kid probably hit himself before the recording and the guy pulled out his phone to get him to hit himself again.

by Anonymousreply 118April 26, 2021 10:19 PM

R107 used an American politician to back up his argument and R108 used a clip of films to back up his argument.

Morons.

by Anonymousreply 119April 26, 2021 10:22 PM

Tariq Nasheed is a Race Baiter. A publicity-seeking provocateur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 26, 2021 10:23 PM

I don't believe for one second that the guy called him the F word. He's clearly lying.

by Anonymousreply 121April 26, 2021 10:26 PM

Poor guy should have checked him in and then slipped an extra key card to Butch Sous Chef.

by Anonymousreply 122April 26, 2021 10:28 PM

Tariq Nasheed looks like a downlow self hating cocksucker himself.

by Anonymousreply 123April 26, 2021 10:29 PM

[quote]Black men are some of the biggest crybaby assholes when they don’t get their way. It’s because black women always coddle their sons and give them everything they want to please them.

Odd how I say the exact same thing about my white brothers and their coddling mothers.

by Anonymousreply 124April 26, 2021 10:29 PM

R108 Is it wrong that that gave me a boner?

by Anonymousreply 125April 26, 2021 10:29 PM

He has huge problems with gays R123.

by Anonymousreply 126April 26, 2021 10:34 PM

Antonio Banderas is hot as fuck as the fag boxer.

by Anonymousreply 127April 26, 2021 10:35 PM

This is not about race. The guy is mentally ill.

How are people making this about race? He was called a faggot by the guy videotaping. Did he use racial epithets? Or did he just lose self-control?

by Anonymousreply 128April 26, 2021 10:35 PM

The guy recording it is just being a dick. People make mistakes and working in a hotel is hard. Also it’s shit like this that makes real allegations of racism get ignored.

by Anonymousreply 129April 26, 2021 10:36 PM

R75 now who beat a puppy?!

by Anonymousreply 130April 26, 2021 10:36 PM

[quote] I don't believe for one second that the guy called him the F word. He's clearly lying.

I do believe that the guy called him the F word. He's clearly not lying.

Beliefs without documentary evidence have no value.

by Anonymousreply 131April 26, 2021 10:39 PM

[quote]How are people making this about race? He was called a faggot by the guy videotaping. Did he use racial epithets?

lol

by Anonymousreply 132April 26, 2021 10:39 PM

Racism is a very real problem but I’ve seen my fair share of psychopaths use it as a way not to get called out on their bullying behaviour. That’s what this guy is doing.

by Anonymousreply 133April 26, 2021 10:40 PM

Goodness, I did not expect the clerk to start beating himself so violently.

I guess we will get more video showing more of the story.

by Anonymousreply 134April 26, 2021 10:42 PM

[quote]How are people making this about race? He was called a faggot by the guy videotaping. Did he use racial epithets?

I like how this person uses “f-ggot” but then uses “racial epithets”. I just like it. It’s cute and fun.

by Anonymousreply 135April 26, 2021 10:42 PM

For as many white people who get off on hassling black people there are as many black people who get off on hassling white people.

by Anonymousreply 136April 26, 2021 10:42 PM

People saying that this guy shouldn't be working the counter have no idea what few options young people without a degree have outside of retail. And working alone requires a lot of self discipline which I'm guessing this guy doesn't have much of at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 137April 26, 2021 10:43 PM

Wow at the fucking customer. He’s a fucking asshole. I hate people who like to provoke others. Fuck you asshole

by Anonymousreply 138April 26, 2021 10:43 PM

At first maybe I thought this was made up. It's truly awful how this guy berated someone clearly with a spectrum disorder. Unfortunately, I'm personally seeing situations where black Americans are using what is happening to do some shitty things. And here is the thing - you don't need to create extra drama of how society has fucked with your race - it's pretty damn obvious -and many of us ARE doing our part to help change.

Berating some poor kid with a personality condition doesn't put you me on your side, man. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 139April 26, 2021 10:46 PM

[quote] I hate people who like to provoke others

The customer describes himself as a baiter. He says he's the world’s #1 baiter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140April 26, 2021 10:48 PM

I saw some black guy yelling at a banker outside just the other day. Never saw it happen before. I'm sure it's not a coincidence. When Metoo was red hot, I also saw some mother call the police at a movie theater because she said someone was trying to touch her daughter. What the media decides to promote is really irresponsible given that it has real world consequences.

by Anonymousreply 141April 26, 2021 10:52 PM

Completely irrelevant how the customer behaved.... this kid has real deep emotional problems, and should NOT be in a job where customers may be unhappy, challenge him, etc. A nice quiet desk job, with little public contact.

by Anonymousreply 142April 26, 2021 10:53 PM

[quote] The customer was a dumb cunt. Hope he gets named.

This hotel worker had the perfect opportunity to get this customer's info and unleash it all over the web. I'm really surprised this customer has not been named yet. So many people have been called out for a lot less.

by Anonymousreply 143April 26, 2021 10:56 PM

^^ Are we sure Tariq was the customer, r140?

Former hotel worker here. 9 times out of 10 reservation "mistake" is made by the guests. Most of these dumbasses think that if they book a room for April 25th, and have zero concept of the 6pm hold policy, their reservation should still be in the system if they arrive at 4am April 26th.

by Anonymousreply 144April 26, 2021 10:58 PM

Hotel worker is one incel step away from being a disgruntled former employee with a gun.

by Anonymousreply 145April 26, 2021 10:58 PM

Bless your heart, r140.

by Anonymousreply 146April 26, 2021 11:02 PM

You should hire him R142.

by Anonymousreply 147April 26, 2021 11:02 PM

The clip is upsetting. I wish I hadn't clicked on it.

by Anonymousreply 148April 26, 2021 11:04 PM

Some more Tariq bullshit:

[quote]Since there are a lot of white supremacists hopping on my timeline, triggered...

[quote]Don't forget to send money to my PayPal and cash app for #WhiteMoneyWeds

On Wednesdays, I only accept money from white people to help me and other Black people cope with systematic white supremacy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149April 26, 2021 11:04 PM

The video is very hard to watch. I could tell the kid has a mental condition by his manner of breakdown and it gave me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. The fact that the customer kept baiting him, continued filming and then shared it on the web is just heartless and cruel. There's is no other way to describe it.

and FUCK Holiday Inn for not coming to this kid's aid. Not a single co-worker or manager even steps in.

by Anonymousreply 150April 26, 2021 11:05 PM

[quote] Odd how I say the exact same thing about my white brothers and their coddling mothers.

You're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 151April 26, 2021 11:06 PM

A lot of race baiting going on from all angles. Division trolls.

This video is horrible. I don’t care if he has mental issues. Certain behavior should not be tolerated. We treat each other like shit and it needs to stop.

by Anonymousreply 152April 26, 2021 11:06 PM

Is the guy recording Tariq or did Tariq just post the video?

by Anonymousreply 153April 26, 2021 11:07 PM

Anyone who mocks this guy is the same as Donald Trump. It's sick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154April 26, 2021 11:14 PM

Tariq is not the customer; he's the self-proclaimed baiter who reposted the video, because more clicks = more eyes to see his pleas for money.

His usual shtick is harassing black women who don't exclusively date black men.

by Anonymousreply 155April 26, 2021 11:14 PM

[quote]You're an idiot.

And you're butthurt, apparently. I work with kids and see moms of all colors coddling their crybaby sons. I also have many siblings from my manbaby dad's dalliances, and 2 of my 3 brothers live up their moms' buttholes. Calling me an idiot doesn't change the fact that black mothers aren't the only ones spoiling their sons.

by Anonymousreply 156April 26, 2021 11:16 PM

[quote]you're butthurt

It’s so funny when people use this phrase against gay men. And it’s always intentional.

by Anonymousreply 157April 26, 2021 11:18 PM

Is there any info on exactly which Holiday Inn Express this is?

by Anonymousreply 158April 26, 2021 11:23 PM

It's been common internet slang for a decade, r157, but if it makes you feel better to imply I meant it in a homophobic way, go right ahead. If it makes you feel better, I'll change it to "And you're a racist prickhead spewing bullshit." Os that better, r157?

by Anonymousreply 159April 26, 2021 11:23 PM

This thread has been infested with some of the vilest, most abhorrent, and blatant reactive “commentary,” i.e., racism, I have seen and which has become more prevalent on this site than I remember it being just a few years ago. And it hurts; you want to know why? Because I love most of you for your biting wit, humor, bitchery, and surprising tenderness and sensitivity. And because you all can do and [italic]be[/italic] so much better than this. [italic]Come the fuck on.[/italic]

While I do not think the customer should have filmed or shared this video publicly or made this a race issue, the front desk attendant admitted himself - if that post was, in fact, written by him - that he “has BPD [Bi-Polar Disorder] and schizo[phrenic]-tendencies.” Additionally, all the evidence we have - and I hope a full security video with audio gets released - is of the employee’s disturbing breakdown. In the video, the customer says nothing offensive, doesn’t even yell or curse, and only demands answers that are par for the course in customer service. I know because I have fielded and asked the same questions as both an employee and customer. While he may have hurled a slur at him - to which I wish the employee would have retorted in response to the customer’s questioning, “Why did you call me a faggot, sir?” - we don’t have proof of that. Furthermore, the customer knew nothing of the employee’s mental health status, though it disgusts me that he continued to film and posted the video publicly after he became aware of it.

However, the fact that this incident has made some of you jump on the well-ridden bandwagon of racism (e.g., “Why are blacks always so” this or that), even implying that you would like to see the customer murdered by a cop, is truly disgusting and maybe even deranged. Quite frankly, it is also exhausting, especially at this point in our history as a country and as human beings. If I may ask, would you feel the same way if the employee had been black and the customer white? Don’t answer right away; just let the question sink in and answer it to yourself. After all, I am no one of any consequence for you to answer to.

As I suggested above, if it is available, a complete security video with audio needs to be released to prove whether the customer did, in fact, yell at the employee and insult him with slurs. Both the customer and especially the employee are owed it. As of right now, as much as I empathize with him, I am reluctant to trust what an employee, who behaved as he did, has to say about this incident. After all, his first reaction was to blame the customer for his behavior rather than acknowledge what he had just done to himself and company property, which there is really no excuse for in a professional setting. As far as I am concerned, the employee is not fit to operate a front desk or, at the very least, needs extended time off.

Let me make this very clear: I do not support the customer nor what he has done with this recording, which could perniciously reverberate throughout this young man’s life for quite some time. The person hurt most in this situation was the employee, and it was not as a result of the customer being black but instead because of his own mental instability, which was quite possibly - not certainly - triggered by the customer’s behavior.

This incident needs to be investigated further, and some of you need to stop judging people by the pigmentation of their skin and start looking at all people as human beings.

by Anonymousreply 160April 26, 2021 11:23 PM

Good lord. ^^

by Anonymousreply 161April 26, 2021 11:25 PM

@r160, you win the internet for the biggest word salad today

by Anonymousreply 162April 26, 2021 11:29 PM

R160 Usually a company will release a statement when something like this happens, but we have yet to hear from Holiday Inn. No mention of what city this even took place.

by Anonymousreply 163April 26, 2021 11:32 PM

[quote] The person hurt most in this situation was the employee, and it was not as a result of the customer being black but instead because of his own mental instability, which was quite possibly - not certainly - triggered by the customer’s behavior.

In other words r160, blame the victim? I really don’t think you meant to convey that. You sound like a reasonable, good person.

“She was a sexy broad, that skirt showed her ass crack so I had to rape her.”

by Anonymousreply 164April 26, 2021 11:34 PM

R160 Considering the act itself of filming someone without their consent would have been enough to ruin this young man's life, his meltdown reaction is understandable. Ask yourself what you would do if, in the middle of an argument, someone started filming you, and you, knowing that they could reconstruct the narrative anyway they wanted while at the same time exploiting racial issues, could do nothing about it, not even walk away because you are at your job. If he is functionally mentally ill, then he has every right to work and make a living just like everyone of us.

by Anonymousreply 165April 26, 2021 11:34 PM

Yeah, the customer needs to be named and shamed all over the internet. He's the real asshole in this whole situation. Even if he started out reasonable, even if he was surprised by the overreaction of the employee, he decided to be a complete cunt about everything and never stopped no matter how much he saw what was going on in front of him.

by Anonymousreply 166April 26, 2021 11:36 PM

R163 I expect the Holiday Inn Express - either this specific hotel’s management or corporate headquarters - to release a statement.

If the customer was, in fact, harassing and insulting the employee, that needs to be revealed and publicized to mitigate the backlash the employee is likely to endure. If the customer’s behavior is consistent with his behavior in his recording, that also needs to be revealed to properly assess whether the employee is “fit for work.”

by Anonymousreply 167April 26, 2021 11:40 PM

This dude is the worst side of the BLM movement. Hes replying to tons of valid critiques on twitter by calling people white supremacists. Complete moron.

by Anonymousreply 168April 26, 2021 11:41 PM

Oh, come on, R164, REALLY?

Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 169April 26, 2021 11:44 PM

Oatmeal? Chocolate chip? Shortbread?

Well?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170April 26, 2021 11:45 PM

yeah, i don't know where r164 is getting that shit.

by Anonymousreply 171April 26, 2021 11:45 PM

He's saying that the worker was drunk, but the way I read the post, it seems as though the guy started drinking after the incident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172April 26, 2021 11:45 PM

This is a mash up of everything wrong with our society right now.

First of all-this video doesn’t have context. What happened preceding the start of the video? Why is the cameraman so angry? All I see is a bully baiting someone unstable.

Speaking of that- why on earth would the cameraman continue to bait and harass the front desk clerk, who is crying and just slammed their head into a computer monitor. Someone who reacts that way isn’t stable and could do anything , like throw the monitor at your head.

by Anonymousreply 173April 26, 2021 11:45 PM

He looks like at R170.

by Anonymousreply 174April 26, 2021 11:46 PM

And maybe should have r173. Kinda wish Scott Rudin was behind that desk.

by Anonymousreply 175April 26, 2021 11:47 PM

[quote] Ask yourself what you would do if, in the middle of an argument, someone started filming you,

R165 As I noted in my post, If he had harassed and called me a slur, as the employee claims, that’s the first thing I would have addressed as soon as the customer started filming and continued to ask questions: “Why did you call me ‘faggot, sir?”

Now, I understand that the employee may not be or have been stable or composed enough to think of such a retort, which is why we need the security footage to further assess this incident.

by Anonymousreply 176April 26, 2021 11:48 PM

I'm not sure which hotels you all stay at, but I don't think most of them look kindly at violence toward guests. Are you hearing yourselves?

by Anonymousreply 177April 26, 2021 11:49 PM

R177 well he was fired and obviously shouldnt work in customer service if he will breakdown like that. However, this black douche seems like an awful person and annoying social justice warrior. If reports are correct he was harassing this guy.

by Anonymousreply 178April 26, 2021 11:54 PM

Tariq looks like EJ Johnson. Kind of ironic.

by Anonymousreply 179April 26, 2021 11:54 PM

The other observation I was going to post-I feel bad for this kid. I worked in customer service management for 15 years and was called every name in the book, from cocksucker to motherfucker to idiot, etc.

It’s brutal work for low pay dealing with people who think you are beneath them, people who lack compassion, decency and empathy.

Hospitality customer service is even worse than what I did (cell phone carrier customer service ). Your customer base is agitated by the stress of traveling and being in an unfamiliar place , and take their aggression out on the agent. How many times have you been at a rental car/airline kiosk or hotel front desk and saw customers behaving badly?

This guy should NOT be working at a hotel. I’m sure this isn’t the first time a customer has behaved like this toward him, and it won’t be the last. For his peace of mind he needs to look for a different job, because there will always be someone like that cameraman.

by Anonymousreply 180April 27, 2021 12:02 AM

He was apparently fired, R180. (according to R178)

by Anonymousreply 181April 27, 2021 12:04 AM

R181 I saw on social media he was fired so it might come with a grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 182April 27, 2021 12:06 AM

R181 he shouldn’t have been fired. :(

by Anonymousreply 183April 27, 2021 12:07 AM

This is another management failure and I hope the worker sues.

A junior staff member shouldn't be alone at the desk.

A junior staff member doesn't have the skills to desecrate a confrontation with an overly aggressive client.

And I totally believe that customer used homophobic slurs to antagonize the desk clerk.

by Anonymousreply 184April 27, 2021 12:07 AM

[quote] A junior staff member doesn't have the skills to desecrate a confrontation with an overly aggressive client.

You might want to rephrase this.

by Anonymousreply 185April 27, 2021 12:09 AM

Not really ironic considering his bussy obsession, R179. Bussy this, bussy that, bussy, bussy, bussy.

He also tends to preface every third sentence with "I'm not gay. I have a beautiful wife. I'm not gay. I'm not gay, but if I were gay..."

He's been a mainstay on LSA for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186April 27, 2021 12:09 AM

Deescalate, r185

by Anonymousreply 187April 27, 2021 12:11 AM

[quote] Speaking of that- why on earth would the cameraman continue to bait and harass the front desk clerk, who is crying and just slammed their head into a computer monitor. Someone who reacts that way isn’t stable and could do anything , like throw the monitor at your head.

Someone who reacts to that sort of behavior by continuing to goad a clearly unstable person has their own share of serious emotional disturbance. A well-adjusted person would be alarmed and I think most people would also flip from being angry (about whatever) to concerned for the person's well being after seeing him hit himself and slam his head into a computer monitor. That's alarming and clearly unwell. The guy who was taking video is as mentally disturbed as the employee is.

by Anonymousreply 188April 27, 2021 12:11 AM

According to the employee's photo-verified Reddit account (which I'm not going to link to; it's easy to find if someone is so inclined):

[quote]While I’ve now quit this position (my management supported me, and told me I’m welcome back. The guest was ejected from the hotel for escalating issues with staff and the owners.)

by Anonymousreply 189April 27, 2021 12:14 AM

[quote]As I noted in my post, If he had harassed and called me a slur, as the employee claims, that’s the first thing I would have addressed as soon as the customer started filming and continued to ask questions: “Why did you call me ‘faggot, sir?”

I'm not R165 but R176 - you're applying your own standards to someone else. You are obviously quick on your feet thinking and self assured. The employee is a young kid and obviously doesn't have the personal communication skills and self-management skills to know how to effectively deal with an abusive customer so that he doesn't end up having an "episode". If he knew how to guide the situation by asking questions like that then this wouldn't have happened.

As others have said - the employee has quit the job and that is for the best for his own sake as he is not suitable for a high pressure customer facing role like this.

At the end of the day - the customer was a nasty bully and berating the guy in the hopes of getting a reaction and filming the reaction. That's very clear. And he got what he set out to get after calling the employee names and berating him. A pretty shitty thing to do. Seems like it was all specifically planned for social media and then somehow it has been turned into a racial issue when race has nothing to do with anything. I wouldn't have even known what color the customer was or cared.

According to the attached tweet screenshots the incident has had significant repercussions on the employees life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190April 27, 2021 12:16 AM

Reading between the lines, that customer is a fucking grifter looking to fuck someone over for a minor inconvenience.

by Anonymousreply 191April 27, 2021 12:17 AM

Gofundme at $20,087. I just made a donation.

by Anonymousreply 192April 27, 2021 12:21 AM

the customer is a total asshole. i really feel for the hotel worker.

by Anonymousreply 193April 27, 2021 12:22 AM

This the remnants of left over toxic waste of Trump's A'murica! Blame Shitler!

by Anonymousreply 194April 27, 2021 12:22 AM

That was painful to watch. I feel bad for the hotel employee. You could be having issues and then something finally breaks you; like the clown who was taping. Where the hell is our compassion?

by Anonymousreply 195April 27, 2021 12:24 AM

Link, r192?

by Anonymousreply 196April 27, 2021 12:25 AM

[quote] I'm not [R165] but [R176] - you're applying your own standards to someone else. You are obviously quick on your feet thinking and self assured. The employee is a young kid and obviously doesn't have the personal communication skills and self-management skills to know how to effectively deal with an abusive customer so that he doesn't end up having an "episode".

R190 I get this and that’s why I followed the part of my post you quoted with:

[quote] Now, I understand that the employee may not be or have been stable or composed enough to think of such a retort, which is why we need the security footage to further assess this incident.

Anyway, I agree with what you wrote here:

[quote] As others have said - the employee has quit the job and that is for the best for his own sake as he is not suitable for a high pressure customer facing role like this.

I really do hope the hotel releases the security footage, especially if the employee was being harassed and insulted.

by Anonymousreply 197April 27, 2021 12:26 AM

Don't customers realize that not being a cunt will actually get your problems solved faster? Jesus, if only the guy recording could calm the fuck down and give the desk clerk a chance to solve the fucking problem. But no, that jackass had to escalate it and no one gets ANYTHING they want.

by Anonymousreply 198April 27, 2021 12:29 AM

Link to gofundme page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199April 27, 2021 12:29 AM

Gofundme Link r196

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200April 27, 2021 12:30 AM

He sounds like such a sweet guy at R172 ❤

by Anonymousreply 201April 27, 2021 12:31 AM

How doees Gofundme make sure that the funds go to the employee? I want to donate.

by Anonymousreply 202April 27, 2021 12:37 AM

I'm not buying this. It's as preposterous as a Jerry Lewis movie.

by Anonymousreply 203April 27, 2021 12:38 AM

Gofundme link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204April 27, 2021 12:40 AM

[quote] Usually a company will release a statement when something like this happens, but we have yet to hear from Holiday Inn.

A video of a black customer harassing and mentally torturing a person with a disability is kryptonite.

by Anonymousreply 205April 27, 2021 12:44 AM

The update on the gofundme:

Updates (1) TODAY by Jeremy Hambly, Organizer WOW! You all are amazing! I am out to this employee BOTH on twitter and reddit awaiting his response. Just so people know how this works, once I verify his identity I will pass over the ENTIRE account to him. :)

by Anonymousreply 206April 27, 2021 12:46 AM

I’m so glad there is a gofundme for this poor gay kid. He deserves it after being humiliated like this.

Does anyone know if he still has his job? If not, I hope he can use the money to go to school to do something he likes.

by Anonymousreply 207April 27, 2021 12:50 AM

He was let go R207.

by Anonymousreply 208April 27, 2021 12:59 AM

R208 Sad. I’ll definitely contribute.

by Anonymousreply 209April 27, 2021 1:00 AM

Even gay black people have said multiple times they get the most hate from straight blacks. It often gets to the point they hate their own race so much from their bad experiences that they won’t even date other gay blacks.

by Anonymousreply 210April 27, 2021 1:03 AM

This is how our society has turned out. We FIRE people who have obvious mental health issues in a pandemic?

This pandemic has shown the asses of so many people.

I felt so bad for the customer service agent. Having to go into work in a pandemic and dealing with asshole customers like this, trying their best. We all hit a wall.

Customer service is a very, very difficult job. It is mentally draining. I hope this guy is okay.

by Anonymousreply 211April 27, 2021 1:05 AM

Again, he did not say he was fired. Read the thread.

by Anonymousreply 212April 27, 2021 1:06 AM

Sorry, i didn't realize he quit, but that still sucks.

by Anonymousreply 213April 27, 2021 1:06 AM

Management is to blame.

by Anonymousreply 214April 27, 2021 1:07 AM

People cannot read.

by Anonymousreply 215April 27, 2021 1:08 AM

Thanks Tariq for once again pointing out how “terrible” white men are. He’s a race baiter always looking to tear down anyone not black. Funny though the WHITE MAN is working. And Tariq was silent when the bunch of rabid animal blacks began fighting in Miami at the airport. They can’t control themselves yet it’s the “white man’s fault” right Tariq?

by Anonymousreply 216April 27, 2021 1:08 AM

I hate social media. I hate it so much. That's why I no longer go on Twitter or Instagram.

I could never film someone unless they were physically assaulting me or someone else (although I hope that I would be calling someone to stop these people).

by Anonymousreply 217April 27, 2021 1:08 AM

Tariq looks like a former boyfriend who also had anger issues so I used to follow him. He is full of hate, but he's still hot.

by Anonymousreply 218April 27, 2021 1:10 AM

R216 We don’t need your racial division tactics. Cold in Moscow?

by Anonymousreply 219April 27, 2021 1:11 AM

Social media is really awful. I hate especially when assholes take a selfie in the locker room and there’s a naked heavy set guy in the back (of course, that’s why he took the selfie) and all the comments make fun of the naked guy.

by Anonymousreply 220April 27, 2021 1:12 AM

I couldn't even read more than one post by Tariq. What a hateful person.

by Anonymousreply 221April 27, 2021 1:13 AM

Disturbing on many levels. I have not felt so badly for anyone as I do that poor desk clerk. I hope this is a wake up call to a lot of the mean shit going on in the world today.

by Anonymousreply 222April 27, 2021 1:14 AM

Shame on the people here trying to make this a race issue.

Assholes come in all colors.

You'd think Datalounge would know that given all the presenting hole threads.

by Anonymousreply 223April 27, 2021 1:16 AM

An asteroid should take care of the meanness, R222. At least, I hope.

by Anonymousreply 224April 27, 2021 1:16 AM

Is Tariq gay?

by Anonymousreply 225April 27, 2021 1:16 AM

Is there a go fund me for the young man? I have been bullied like this and it’s no fun The guy who recorded it is a piece of shit

by Anonymousreply 226April 27, 2021 1:19 AM

The black guy was being unnecessarily haranguing the clerk for something the hotel messed up, not him personally, and then filming him waiting for his reaction. They guy was probably already stressed out and this put him over the edge. He's very much a race baiter, even when there is nothing racial to complain about. He can go to hell.

by Anonymousreply 227April 27, 2021 1:26 AM

That someone with borderline personality disorder would go into hospitality as a career explains a hell of a lot.

by Anonymousreply 228April 27, 2021 1:28 AM

[quote] Is Tariq gay?

Tariq is a clear closet case, probably sucking cock on he DL. I hooked up with a guy like that from Brooklin once, he was masculine, tall, deep voice, muscular, it as on a bear app. We smoked weed and he asked me to blow him and cum on his face, but he wouldn't kiss because fags.

I'm not joking there are many many guys like that.

by Anonymousreply 229April 27, 2021 1:28 AM

Brooklyn*

by Anonymousreply 230April 27, 2021 1:29 AM

Yes R226.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231April 27, 2021 1:29 AM

Who cares about Tariq? Like the asshole customer, he is using this to up his profile while this poor hotel clerk suffers.

I really hate this world sometimes.

The things people will do for fame and notoriety.

by Anonymousreply 232April 27, 2021 1:30 AM

I'm old enough to remember when it was rude to acknowledge someone's race.

by Anonymousreply 233April 27, 2021 1:30 AM

Like that Tariq did R233?

by Anonymousreply 234April 27, 2021 1:32 AM

Reading the comments made on his tweet - looks like this whole thing has badly backfired on Nasheed trying to make this into a race issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235April 27, 2021 1:33 AM

[quote] looks like this whole thing has badly backfired on Nasheed trying to make this into a race issue.

Good.

by Anonymousreply 236April 27, 2021 1:34 AM

[quote]That someone with borderline personality disorder would go into hospitality as a career explains a hell of a lot.

I think he's bipolar, not borderline

by Anonymousreply 237April 27, 2021 1:35 AM

Is there more video of the rest of what happened?

by Anonymousreply 238April 27, 2021 1:36 AM

Oh for fucks sake, there is nothing in this video that suggests the desk clerk was speaking inappropriately to the customer. The only thing I see is the kid probably has issues and he was frustrated with himself and hit the computer. The asshole who decided to film it opportunistically saw this as a chance to score some social media points. There are plenty of assholes to cancel, this poor kid is obviously barely keeping it together and the dumb cunt with the phone needs to go fuck himself

by Anonymousreply 239April 27, 2021 1:37 AM

The go fund me is respectful and supportive to the worker who was being abused by that grifter, totally different vibe than datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 240April 27, 2021 1:37 AM

Tariq is trash. It's almost too bad he couldn't be charged criminally -- for what, I don't know. But projecting this poor guy into the world, shaming him, race-baiting him, triggering his mental health issues, it's beyond disgusting.

I hope Tariq loses employment opportunities and the next time he sits down to write an article that is sure to instigate hate, perhaps he can take a cute from the poor hotel clerk and what himself in the face with the keyboard.

by Anonymousreply 241April 27, 2021 1:38 AM

No R238. The beginning of the situation where the customer called the employee a faggot and was being overly aggressive - which would have provided context - was mysteriously not included.

The comments on the gofundme page are very heartwarming. There are some good people out there in the world after all.

by Anonymousreply 242April 27, 2021 1:39 AM

This has to be a Datalounger. He compares Tariq Nasheed to Chris Watts.

It's a pretty good video once you get beyond the tacky screen cap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243April 27, 2021 1:39 AM

*whack

by Anonymousreply 244April 27, 2021 1:39 AM

What prevents people from creating fake GoFundMe accounts? Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 245April 27, 2021 1:39 AM

Holiday Inn should not be allowed to walk away from this incident. This happened on their property so they should have to take some responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 246April 27, 2021 1:40 AM

From the Go fund Me page,

[Quote] A Holiday Inn employee was harassed and filmed by a customer having a mental breakdown & is now receiving death threats & having thoughts of self-harm.

It turns out this employee has BPD with schizo-active tendencies. According To Him.

"While I’ve now quit this position (my management supported me, and told me I’m welcome back. The guest was ejected from the hotel for escalating issues with staff and the owners.)

I do have mental disorders. I suffer from BPD and schizo-affective disorders. What this fine, 5’5” bald gentleman behind the camera DIDN’T record was the fact that he called me a F**GOT for an associates mistake.

He was aggressive, and fishing for a reaction. He sure got it; and I’m glad this was a wake up call for me to stop slaving away for corporations who do not care about you at all, or the guests."

Let's give him enough of a head start on finding a job where people don't treat him terrible & he can take a nice little vacation

by Anonymousreply 247April 27, 2021 1:40 AM

Why is this allowed on Twitter?

by Anonymousreply 248April 27, 2021 1:40 AM

This whole thread is an excellent case for doing copious amounts of LSD!

by Anonymousreply 249April 27, 2021 1:42 AM

If you listen carefully at the end of the video you can hear "Riders on the Storm" being played in the background.

by Anonymousreply 250April 27, 2021 1:43 AM

This thread is an excellent case that there are still good people out there who see through this bullying and bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 251April 27, 2021 1:43 AM

[quote] Why is this allowed on Twitter?

Probably for the same reason Donald Trump was allowed to post for so long.

by Anonymousreply 252April 27, 2021 1:45 AM

The Twitter thread explained to the author that the abuse was directed at the clerk, not the other way around. That clerk is clearly struggling and was forced to take a shitty, low paying customer service job where one runs into abusive low life grifters regularly. 20 grand is this clerk's annual salary, no benefits. Hope the worker takes the donations and the rest of the year off to chill.

by Anonymousreply 253April 27, 2021 1:47 AM

After being called a faggot by the customer, I love where hotel employee states [bold]"That depiction was correct, because I am a giant homosexual".[/bold]

Good on him! This boy needs to become a DL Icon so we can watch his progress getting a new job.

Do we know his name? Come on DL sleuths - you bitches are slipping again. We already know that his dogs are named Ellie and Joel and that he has a boyfriend who he hopes will one day become his husband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254April 27, 2021 1:50 AM

I think customer service is one of the hardest jobs in the world. And this pandemic has reminded us how valuable they are -- and yet how much they are treated like garbage.

Where was the supervisor or manager to support this guy? I have worked as a Supervisor and while I am not the greatest at my job, I would have been out there supporting him.

by Anonymousreply 255April 27, 2021 1:52 AM

R255, Good for you! Don't sell yourself short on the importance of backing up the people who work the hard jobs. You are their live action hero.

by Anonymousreply 256April 27, 2021 1:56 AM

It happened at 3 a.m. The night manager had probably retired to an empty room with a bottle which would later be inventoried as “breakage.”

by Anonymousreply 257April 27, 2021 1:57 AM

Management to blame for not offering correct training or support to the junior staff.

Terrible fucking people.

by Anonymousreply 258April 27, 2021 2:03 AM

It’s quite obvious the customer was bullying him. This is simply ugly.

Perhaps there’s a name needed for black Karens.

by Anonymousreply 259April 27, 2021 2:05 AM

[quote]Perhaps there’s a name needed for black Karens

Kaniqua

by Anonymousreply 260April 27, 2021 2:07 AM

What R8 said, x 1,000.

by Anonymousreply 261April 27, 2021 2:09 AM

So it's just great and okay to call as FAGGOTS but no names come there way? See this is the hypocritical bullshit that will NEVER be solved.

by Anonymousreply 262April 27, 2021 2:09 AM

I see people are suggesting in Tariq's tweets that people complain to Twitter Supports to complain about Tariq's bullying and harassment.

by Anonymousreply 263April 27, 2021 2:10 AM

That seems really fake

by Anonymousreply 264April 27, 2021 2:11 AM

I don't think any of this is about "training." That seems like one of the bullshit answers a company PR team comes up with when they need some fucking answer to the fact that a lot of the time customers are just rancid cunts, and there is no really good answer to that. Companies need customers. They want to treat them well overall and make them happy. When customers are total cunts it's a breakdown in the system, and nobody actually has anything like a good answer to it.

by Anonymousreply 265April 27, 2021 2:12 AM

All of you who are "outraged" by Tariq's "bullying".... had he been white would you be so offended?

by Anonymousreply 266April 27, 2021 2:12 AM

So was Tariq the actual guy in the video, or just the guy that posted this? I keep seeing stuff about this Tariq and how he should or shouldn't have acted. I believe he's just the guy, maybe a black racist, but whatever, the guy who posted the video. Has that changed?

by Anonymousreply 267April 27, 2021 2:15 AM

Well you’re not offended by it, R266.

by Anonymousreply 268April 27, 2021 2:15 AM

R250 I guess you could say "his brain was squirmin' like a toad"!

by Anonymousreply 269April 27, 2021 2:17 AM

Never heard of him until now, but checked his Twitter account and he’s one nasty piece of work. When your entire schtick is sewing hate, color is immaterial. He’s the black version of a klansman.

by Anonymousreply 270April 27, 2021 2:17 AM

r266, enjoy your stage 4 cancer diagnoses you'll soon receive. You deserve it. Kiss your doctor for me.

by Anonymousreply 271April 27, 2021 2:19 AM

You are a "Black Karen". 😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 272April 27, 2021 2:19 AM

Exactly r266 is like Tariq, trying to justify bullying. I'm sure Tariq himself will post something like that.

And, yes, I would have been offended if the clerk was Black, Asian, etc.

Bullying is bullying.

by Anonymousreply 273April 27, 2021 2:19 AM

r266 is a troll of the highest order, r268. It's a racist and a homophobe so NO it's doesn't care or is offended.

by Anonymousreply 274April 27, 2021 2:21 AM

[quote]And Tariq was silent when the bunch of rabid animal blacks began fighting in Miami at the airport. They can’t control themselves yet it’s the “white man’s fault” right Tariq?

Of course he was silent. Blacks always shout Black Lives Matter, yet they constantly beat the shit out of EACH OTHER!

by Anonymousreply 275April 27, 2021 2:21 AM

Put r266 on ignore and read all the bullshit it shits out of it's smelly holes.

by Anonymousreply 276April 27, 2021 2:22 AM

R271 Asking the Holy Spirit to touch you, lift you up, and give you great peace.

by Anonymousreply 277April 27, 2021 2:22 AM

r277, do what you want you racist homophonic CUNT! When you're on the cancer deathbed think of me laughing AT you, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 278April 27, 2021 2:25 AM

I wasn’t sure what the Miami airport fight was about so I youtubed. Seemed like WWE to me...notice “Urban Decay” in the back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279April 27, 2021 2:26 AM

Totally backfired R235. And Tarique's replies are SO beyond lame. Show's he's just desperate to paint anyone as a white supremacist.

by Anonymousreply 280April 27, 2021 2:26 AM

I am R277.... a 70 year old gay man, with my partner for 26 years, living a happy life. I mean you all no harm. I am disturbed by white racism that blinds folks and simply creates more pain and unhappiness.

So, like we'll agree to disagree, and I'll continue to observe how racist perspectives warp and harm us. Also, having a colonoscopy next Monday so I keep you clued in about the cancer thing.

by Anonymousreply 281April 27, 2021 2:28 AM

Best you move along R281.

by Anonymousreply 282April 27, 2021 2:29 AM

Tariq did not record this. He merely reposted the content and is now being educated about what really went down.

by Anonymousreply 283April 27, 2021 2:30 AM

Had the customer been white, DL would never have a thread of 300 replies about this.

I am R281 and I am proud to be with you, my colleagues. Dear brothers.

by Anonymousreply 284April 27, 2021 2:30 AM

Dementia’s such a tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 285April 27, 2021 2:31 AM

r281/cunt NO 70 year old knows about Nine Inch Nail you fucking bitch! Now fuck off and die of cancer already! You deserve it! Put r281 on in ignore and read the shit.

by Anonymousreply 286April 27, 2021 2:32 AM

R284 stop the race card bullshit. Just stop it.

by Anonymousreply 287April 27, 2021 2:32 AM

R41, now it's up to over $26,000!

by Anonymousreply 288April 27, 2021 2:33 AM

r281 = r266 = racist = homophobe = soon to be cancer victim

by Anonymousreply 289April 27, 2021 2:34 AM

Of course it's a management issue. When the customer began using homophobic slurs directed against the clerk, the guest should be told to hold on while a senior staff completes their check in. There was no manager on duty so it's a swearing match between the junior clerk and the rabid customer if the slurs were used. Surveillance video should clear it up but I am inclined to side with the clerk. The camera guy is antagonizing the clerk to get his stay comped.

by Anonymousreply 291April 27, 2021 2:42 AM

Those using race here are your typical DL dullards sowing division.

For every black person acting like an “animal” (we all are), I’ll show you ten fold white people acting like “animals.” Venture into any backwoods traitor park and it is scary asf. Whites have little excuse for their behavior. Move out of your hellhole one light town fucking idiots. Move to where the JOBS went. You’d be handed jobs on a silver platter above any black or brown person. But nooooooooo.

Some of you found your way to DL from that little town. Did Biden finally bring broadband to the sticks you racist fucks?

by Anonymousreply 292April 27, 2021 2:46 AM

and what if it's just your typical corporate fuckup r291, and nobody can really resolve it if the customer is determined to be a huge asshole about it?

by Anonymousreply 293April 27, 2021 2:48 AM

The only racial element to this that I could possibly come up with is the alleged homophobia being stereotypical in the black (/black evangelical) community, but as we ALL know, homophobia has no melanin requirement. This is just a shitty customer, not a "black" shitty customer. The racism in this country is exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 294April 27, 2021 2:51 AM

Is 9:51 a.m. in Novosibirsk. Work week off to great start!

by Anonymousreply 295April 27, 2021 2:51 AM

Deescalation is the first priority. It can be done but this requires skill. A junior staff should not be tasked with this, particularly with zero support. This scene may not have escalated at all if there were additional staff on duty.

by Anonymousreply 296April 27, 2021 2:51 AM

Please, r294. Dataloungers are having a wonderful hooded white sheet party in this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 297April 27, 2021 2:53 AM

The Go Fund Me page is up to $26,715!

by Anonymousreply 298April 27, 2021 2:54 AM

[quote]Of course it's a management issue. When the customer began using homophobic slurs directed against the clerk, the guest should be told to hold on while a senior staff completes their check in.

Are you fucking kidding me??? The guest should have been told to hold on after calling him a f*****?? Uh no - the guest should have immediately been thrown out and banned from the hotel. If roles were reversed and it was a white guest calling a black clerk a n***** the white guest would have been thrown out and banned.

by Anonymousreply 299April 27, 2021 3:00 AM

where's r290, r281, r277 and r266? Weird.

by Anonymousreply 300April 27, 2021 3:08 AM

R300 I have those blocked as well

by Anonymousreply 301April 27, 2021 3:14 AM

R300, I restricted very few absolutely predictable trolls. The posts you reference are all from one of those boring people.

by Anonymousreply 302April 27, 2021 3:19 AM

The videographer and the Twitter poster both pieces of shit - need to be banned from Twitter. Why Twitter Support and Jack haven't taken action yet is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 304April 27, 2021 3:22 AM

Someone needs to hack into Tariq's browsing history.

by Anonymousreply 305April 27, 2021 3:36 AM

There are hundreds of replies on here. If each of us donates at least 25 dollars, we can add thousands to the Gofundme account.

by Anonymousreply 306April 27, 2021 3:44 AM

If that one man represents all black people. Guess what any objectionable behavior from white men represents all white men. Donald Trump =all white men. Every white male serial killer = all white men. Those idiots who attacked the capital and killed a policeman = all white men. Now talk about white the same way that you idiots talk about nonwhites. Race didn’t even need to be mentioned her but you idiotic assholes live to prove your ignorance and stupidity. You’re no better than the man filming the video. You are equally awful!

by Anonymousreply 307April 27, 2021 3:44 AM

The Verifieds are on a roll...

[quote]“You ruined my day. You ruined my whole life!” - @HolidayInn employee malfunctions after making a mistake with a Black guest

[quote]I didn’t record the video. And yes, Black patrons are repeatedly mistreated at lodging institutions. Discrimination in lodging is embedded in American torts history. And yes, my law brain goes into full litigious mode seeing this. So yes, I have a different process than you

[quote]Ever heard of Plessy vs Ferguson, that established “separate but equal” doctrine? That’s why cases like this still matter.

[quote]So what does the Black guest do, his humanity challenged wherever he goes?

[quote]Obviously, this case presents people choosing what they think is a disorder and questioning where he would best serve the company versus the intense racist history of lodging accommodations in the backdrop of a divisive open debate on race

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308April 27, 2021 3:50 AM

Fuck Twitter and Jack Dorsey for not banning the assholes who post videos of people with mental illness being bullied and having a mental breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 309April 27, 2021 3:58 AM

[quote]Yes because we've NEVER seen aggressive, intimidating homophobia from any male African-American before. Never!

In your case, you make it easy. You know damned well the average, hetero, conservative white guy wants NOTHING to do with you and in fact still tries to literally legislate you out of fucking existence, yet you don't make it about every fucking white person, do you.

by Anonymousreply 310April 27, 2021 4:06 AM

They only care about misgendering, R309.

by Anonymousreply 311April 27, 2021 4:12 AM

I worked with the public in different capacities for 30 years. From the beginning to the very end,people were stupid assholes. I learned very quickly to not take it personally ,and I also learned to put up with zero shit. The second homie there spit out faggot,Id have been on the phone calling the cops . No point in trying to deal with a disrespectful piece of shit ,nip it right in the bud. I also developed a knack for completely ignoring their very existence. Theyd be standing there bitching and carrying on,and Id be chatting with the next customer and never even glancing at them. Youd be surprised how quickly the shut up when theres no one participating. I agree that this kid needs another job,dealing with the public is strenuous and he obviously has coping issues.

by Anonymousreply 312April 27, 2021 4:15 AM

This is why Trump or another Trump-like figure will win again.

by Anonymousreply 313April 27, 2021 4:18 AM

[quote]Even gay black people have said multiple times they get the most hate from straight blacks. It often gets to the point they hate their own race so much from their bad experiences that they won’t even date other gay blacks.

Yeah, I have heard similar things from a couple of people. I came out as a lesbian at 19. I joined a local PFLAG chapter and one of the members was gay black guy We became good friend and he later told me that when he came out as a gay a lot of his relatives wanted nothing to do with him and he lost several black male friends as a result. A few years ago, my cousin married a black man who has a gay brother. My cousin's husband didn't reject his brother, but their father did and some relatives followed suit.

by Anonymousreply 314April 27, 2021 4:22 AM

Do you ever get tired of typing that R313?

by Anonymousreply 315April 27, 2021 4:22 AM

[quote]This is why Trump or another Trump-like figure will win again.

No, people who like Trump and would vote for Trump regardless of anything else will be the reason he MAY win again IF he runs again.

by Anonymousreply 316April 27, 2021 4:30 AM

Those Twitter quotes at R308 are utterly absurd and assholic. Those people are either sociopathic or they just don’t live in reality.

I happily donated to the GoFundMe.

by Anonymousreply 317April 27, 2021 4:37 AM

Everything has become so tiring. This is all because of woke left democrats. There all kinds of people in every race, but now people have stopped seeing others as fellow humans.

by Anonymousreply 318April 27, 2021 4:42 AM

Just donated to his Gofundme. My donation pushed the total over $30,000! The top donation by one person so far is $1,000.

by Anonymousreply 319April 27, 2021 4:49 AM

R247 Glad to read that the hotel was willing to welcome the poor guy back and got rid of the asshole black guy who apparently started his shot with other employees too.

Black people always act like babies whenever they get inconvenienced and explode like wild animals.

by Anonymousreply 320April 27, 2021 4:51 AM

a close relative of mine suffers from severe bi polar. She has had meltdowns like this, and has been fired from jobs. It is so sad to see. I wish the US had better mental health care.

by Anonymousreply 321April 27, 2021 5:01 AM

R279 Yes I did notice “Urban Decay” in the back.

And I thought the people who chose this name must be illiterate.

Or they want to pander to people who paint grease on their face and talk gibberish.

by Anonymousreply 322April 27, 2021 5:07 AM

At first I thought it was fake. I felt so bad for the guy. The asshole filming was clearly looking to harass and demean him. Why does he care if he hit his computer? He should be outed and shamed like they do with all the “Karen’s.”

by Anonymousreply 323April 27, 2021 5:08 AM

I can’t believe what a clueless cunt the OP of this thread is.

by Anonymousreply 324April 27, 2021 5:08 AM

I agree the asshole filming is a complete POS- & fuck him! But the poor guy behind the counter- I would have tapped out to my manager- bye!!!!

by Anonymousreply 325April 27, 2021 5:19 AM

Can't one of you who is on Reddit contact this guy to make sure he's okay?

by Anonymousreply 326April 27, 2021 5:22 AM

Tariq is the KGT.

by Anonymousreply 327April 27, 2021 5:29 AM

R309, you're not too bright are you. How the hell else would this have gotten out unless someone was stupid enough to post it on Twitter?

by Anonymousreply 328April 27, 2021 5:40 AM

Black people have a sociopathic core that enables them to get the upper hand in these situations. It's a phenomenon you can only understand if you've worked retail.

by Anonymousreply 329April 27, 2021 5:52 AM

Sigh. Another thread to F&F.

by Anonymousreply 330April 27, 2021 5:58 AM

This would have been a totally different story had that person behind the desk been named LaShay or Jamal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331April 27, 2021 6:09 AM

Holiday Inn most definitely has a camera or multiple cameras in the lobby and pointed at the desk. They need to release the footage of the entire encounter.

by Anonymousreply 332April 27, 2021 6:45 AM

Tweet by a Black Supremacist: “Now you see what black people had to put for half of millennium. Our grandparents and so on suffered this type of abuse just cause they were black”

For a big section of blacks this entire movement is not about equality, it’s about revenge.

by Anonymousreply 333April 27, 2021 6:55 AM

At first I thought my Sheridan’s friend Tarquin was in some trouble.

by Anonymousreply 334April 27, 2021 7:00 AM

R292, black men are 6% of the population and commit 55% of the murders. Riddle me that.

R333 hits the nail on the head. I am cringing at all the DLers who still think that there's a big liberal alliance where everyone can co-exist.

by Anonymousreply 335April 27, 2021 10:38 AM

It's incredible that there are people saying "9 times out of 10 black people were scamming booze and harassing me as a waiter," that's just not even remotely plausible.

I've had massive problems as an employee in customer service and as a customer needing service, and it's not a race issue, it's never a race issue. Assholes span the racial spectrum. And as R24 shows, this employee had been pro BLM and anti-racism on his social media long before this incident happened.

by Anonymousreply 336April 27, 2021 11:34 AM

R335 Another one to add to the block list. All bullshit. You’re just a sad POS conservative.

by Anonymousreply 337April 27, 2021 11:40 AM

One of the biggest problems with DL is the limited block list. There's sockpuppets all over this thread, so if you blocked all the "blacks are sociopathic non-human animals who commit all crimes" trolls you'd use up all of your ignored spaces within minutes.

At some point the normal DLers have to realize that we're looking at a forum that is deliberately allowing this kind of trolling on a large scale. We have multiple threads like this a day, they're obviously generating a lot of FFs and ignores, and yet Mediapolis has chosen to do nothing.

by Anonymousreply 338April 27, 2021 11:43 AM

[quote]Imagine calling someone with a mental health disability "weak" and then going on to call other people trolls.

Well, considering that’s not what I did, it would be hard to. Imagine reading a post that you clearly don’t understand and then responding to it like a twat in haiku form. It happens.

[quote][R43], nah not really, if anything the constant whining has made me lean into my whiteness.

Good for you!! Lean to your heart’s content but continually trying to ring a bell that ain’t ringing--and most likely never will because people aren’t falling for it--seems counterproductive to me. Sorry. Maybe you should find a more accepting bridge to live under. I'm certain you know where they are.

by Anonymousreply 339April 27, 2021 11:46 AM

All bullshit, R337? That statistic is a fact. Keep on living in a fairytale, the truth will come and bite you on the ass sooner or later.

by Anonymousreply 340April 27, 2021 11:48 AM

[quote][R43], the ones trying to start a race war are people like you. "The evils of white men" - what the fuck does that even mean? That all white men are evil?

You got me. THAT’S exactly what I’m saying. ALL white people are EVILLLL!!. Let’s start a race war. You fucking toilet baby.

How could anyone with two functioning brain cells even take that phrase seriously? I simply used it to illustrate the butt hurt feelings of the influx of Trump trolls who’ve infiltrated DL.

by Anonymousreply 341April 27, 2021 12:06 PM

Gofundme at $33,908

by Anonymousreply 342April 27, 2021 12:09 PM

Gofundme at $33,908..

by Anonymousreply 343April 27, 2021 12:10 PM

I feel bad for the guy & the customer putting the phone in his face & continuing to harangue him just made it worse. Too bad there wasn't a manager around to step in & de-escalate. I mean it's the fucking Holiday Inn, for gods sake - calm the fuck down.

by Anonymousreply 344April 27, 2021 12:21 PM

Apparently Tariq Nasheed has a new documentary coming out called "Buck Breaking", which is all about how the LGBTQ movement is designed to strip black men of their masculinity. At least that's what I got from the trailer.

by Anonymousreply 345April 27, 2021 12:29 PM

BLM has made everyone else's lives miserable.

Black Canadians used to act like, what? Canadians. Now they act like some of the worst and obnoxious black Americans. Every perceived injustice is turned into a huge racist attack on them.

It's gotten to the point that I just avoid anyone darker than me on top of all the other people I routinely avoid.

by Anonymousreply 346April 27, 2021 12:38 PM

Okay, so what do you think you have just accomplished, R346? You think Datalounge will split into some kind of racewar because of your deep insights? If so, you don't know anything about DL; you could post the most convincing racebait ever and the whole thing would die down and be forgotten within 24 hours. It's useless.

You chuckling because maybe someone is going to get upset at what you said? Okay, but why? What is that going to even do? Why is it worth your time to maybe upset someone for 30 seconds on an anonymous board?

by Anonymousreply 347April 27, 2021 12:46 PM

[quote]Why is someone with an admitted mental illness working in hospitality?

Guess you've never worked in a restaurant before.

by Anonymousreply 348April 27, 2021 12:58 PM

Okay, you bitches have me screaming in my head like Faye in Mommie Dearest, when Barbara and Carol Ann try pulling her off Christina (fast forward to about 5:58 below).

NAAAHHHOOOOoo! GET OUT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349April 27, 2021 12:58 PM

Shut up, r347.

by Anonymousreply 350April 27, 2021 1:00 PM

I want to see this re-enacted as an SNL skit. FF me all you want, the PC police ain’t gonna get me.

by Anonymousreply 351April 27, 2021 1:03 PM

R347 I have no idea what you're on about, but the point is BLM in Canada was a solution looking for a problem.

by Anonymousreply 352April 27, 2021 1:06 PM

Entirely irrelevant to this thread, R352. And if you truly can't understand what I wrote at R346, then you have some serious problems.

by Anonymousreply 353April 27, 2021 1:09 PM

The point is R535 is that BLM has made every black person think there's are white racists hiding in the woodpile. It's also taught them that the only way to combat perceived racism is to escalate every situation into racist attacks on themselves.

The fact that you can't see that says ore about you than it does me.

by Anonymousreply 354April 27, 2021 1:12 PM

It's completely irrelevant to the thread. Are you lost? Do you not know what we're talking about on here?

You're just spewing trollish racist comments to try to keep the fight going, and I asked you why. You won't answer, of course, you just keep spouting more crap. Do you honestly not have anything else to do with your time?

by Anonymousreply 355April 27, 2021 1:15 PM

Everyone should be focused on bringing the customer and Tariq to justice and on helping their terrorized victim.

by Anonymousreply 356April 27, 2021 1:20 PM

The hotel worker acted like a complete maniac. He clearly has a mental disorder or disability and has no business working in a place where he has to deal with the public. The customer was just frustrated and wanted answers. I don't think that makes him a bad person. He likely had never seen anyone act in such a way publicly before. So it totally makes sense to me that he'd want to record such an unusual event because you just don't see it everyday. I don't think he said or did anything wrong. He just didn't know how to react in a situation he'd never been in before. I see no proof that he called the worker a "faggot" and won't believe it until proven otherwise.

I don't think there is a true villain in this story. Just an unfortunate misunderstanding and two people who were caught in an annoying situation and didn't know what to do. Nobody, neither the worker nor the customer, deserves to be "cancelled" over this.

by Anonymousreply 357April 27, 2021 1:29 PM

R355 is desperate to take the blame for this situation off BLM. And he's doing so by accusing me of being racist.

Do you really believe black Americans were doing this before BLM made every situation about racial bias?

by Anonymousreply 358April 27, 2021 1:30 PM

"I want to see this re-enacted as an SNL skit"

Then maybe SNL can re-enact that time in the 1st grade when you shit your pants

by Anonymousreply 359April 27, 2021 1:35 PM

This situation could've been prevented. Any manager should've had the sense to see that dealing with customers was not right for this particular employee. Some people just aren't cut out for customer service. He should've had another position. As for the customer, perhaps he'd never been exposed to mental illness/disabilities before and didn't know how to react. He shouldn't be shamed for not being a mental health expert when he has no experience with it. This can be a learning experience for him so he will know how to react next time.

by Anonymousreply 360April 27, 2021 1:41 PM

I don't necessarily think you're wrong R357, however, the fact that the guy was clearly goading the clerk when it was clear he was losing his shit & RECORDED the whole thing & put it on the internet clearly makes him the aggressor in this situation.

by Anonymousreply 361April 27, 2021 1:43 PM

R357, why did you ignore the fact that the customer posted the video, inviting ridicule and threats against someone who was so clearly struggling.?

by Anonymousreply 362April 27, 2021 1:43 PM

R362 Maybe he was just in sheer disbelief and needed help to understand and process what he'd just seen.

by Anonymousreply 363April 27, 2021 1:48 PM

[quote] Just an unfortunate misunderstanding and two people who were caught in an annoying situation and didn't know what to do.

Exacerbated by the wholly unnecessary need to film the situation.

I still haven’t got a good explanation for why it needed to be posted.

by Anonymousreply 364April 27, 2021 1:49 PM

Like others have said, if the races were reversed woke twitter would be going insane and looking for blood.

by Anonymousreply 365April 27, 2021 1:49 PM

Oh, for Christ’s sake, R363.

by Anonymousreply 366April 27, 2021 1:49 PM

It’s too bad there wasn’t a manager who could have assessed the situation and then told the belligerent customer to get the fuck out of the hotel.

by Anonymousreply 367April 27, 2021 1:55 PM

[quote][R355] is desperate to take the blame for this situation off BLM.

BLM has nothing to do with this, and your English is terrible.

[quote]Do you really believe black Americans

You forgot you were originally trolling about black Canadians, buddy.

Weirdly, you're not the first troll I've seen on DL in the last few days who forgot what country they were talking about, someone just a few days ago on another thread was going on and on about being an American who hated BLM and slipped up, used the word "favour" and then referred to Native Americans as "First Nations."

We get the bargain trainee trolls around here, I think. Anyway, done playing with you, you're going on ignore now, not that it'll matter.

by Anonymousreply 368April 27, 2021 1:59 PM

Recording people in this way is aggression and the black customer acts like a black Karen. Poor man, I feel bad for him. Broadcasting the images should be taken against this Tarik idiot.

by Anonymousreply 369April 27, 2021 2:06 PM

R5, Tariq is interesting to me. Used to write books about getting women?

He believes in Foundational Black Americans. Pretty much black segregation. That is his new bent.

by Anonymousreply 370April 27, 2021 2:16 PM

Okay, lifelong democrat here.

WHY ISN'T ANYONE IN THE MEDIA COVERING THIS?

by Anonymousreply 371April 27, 2021 2:17 PM

An article highlighting how batshit crazy Tariq Nasheed is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372April 27, 2021 2:18 PM

Because he’s not white. It’s always been that way, R371.

by Anonymousreply 373April 27, 2021 2:19 PM

Newsflash: OP is trolling us. How many fell for it?

by Anonymousreply 374April 27, 2021 2:23 PM

Why not are back for a few minutes and let the kid do what he can? Trying to fix an error while somebody is breathing down your neck and filming you would be horrific.imagine your worst day at a job when you’re young and some guy starts filming you and berating you.

by Anonymousreply 375April 27, 2021 2:24 PM

[quote]We get the bargain trainee trolls around here, I think.

Honestly, would you waste your good trolls on DL?

by Anonymousreply 376April 27, 2021 2:28 PM

More Afrocentric School graduate paranoia: Malcolm, Dr. King, Rosa, firehoses, German Shepherds, lynching, Negro drinking fountains... Of course Whitey is trying to bar him from getting a room.

To them, every day is 1964.

by Anonymousreply 377April 27, 2021 2:28 PM

"Why not are back for a few minutes and let the kid do what he can?"

by Anonymousreply 378April 27, 2021 2:29 PM

R373, I understand...especially in this climate. But still, this is SO EXTREME, and he's getting so much pushback from his followers...

???

Doesn't anyone here have media connections? This is clearly going viral or the GoFundMe wouldn't be up to almost $36,000.

by Anonymousreply 379April 27, 2021 2:40 PM

Jeremy Hambly (the guy who set up the Gofundme) is The Quartering on Youtube and a known grifter on top of being an alt-right piece of shit. The possiblity of him keeping the money is 99,9%.

The hotel employee goes by the name leezarus on Reddit (see his comments at link below). The poor kid is suicidal. He said yesterday :

"me in the flesh. again. never heard of a gofundme for this. just take it down. im getting death threats. his family is calling my (now former) place of employment and threatening lives and jobs. someone is impersonating me and the management and calling around just to be nasty to anyone they can. the recording conveniently left out the part where he called me a white faggot for “stealing his money”. now i haven’t slept. i haven’t eaten since then. I’m still awake and I drove Drunk back to apologize bc I don’t give a shit about myself. that’s why I hit myself. I’m worthless."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380April 27, 2021 2:41 PM

Thanks, R380.

Everyone who has donated, CANCEL your donations.

by Anonymousreply 381April 27, 2021 2:45 PM

There's no reason to, R371. This isn't news. Maybe some of you racebaiters with the "ooh, it's because he's white, it's unfair, it's reverse racism" idiots don't remember but it wasn't that long ago when useless interpersonal bullshit like this didn't make the national news every 6 hours, because IT. IS. NOT. NEWS.

A crime of some note occurs? Sure, that's news. Maybe if the employee in this situation does something extreme and silly like pulling the emergency slide cord and leaving a plane, it'll make the news as a human interest story. But this? This is not news. This is social media clickbait being turned into racebait.

by Anonymousreply 382April 27, 2021 2:47 PM

Jeremy Hambly tweeted :

---------------

@TheQuartering

I've spoken to the Holliday Inn employee.

@TheQuartering

Working on moving the fundraiser to the Holliday Inn employee now. I've made contact

---------------

Until it's cleared and certain I wouldn't donate a cent.

by Anonymousreply 383April 27, 2021 2:50 PM

Forgot to post the link to Hambly's account

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384April 27, 2021 2:51 PM

R154

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385April 27, 2021 2:52 PM

Uh, the self-proclaimed race baiter provoked this kid so much that's he may commit SUICIDE and that's NOT NEWS?

You need help R382.

by Anonymousreply 386April 27, 2021 2:57 PM

Vengeful elderbottoms in this thread are donating to an alt-right grifter. LMFAO, you can't make this stuff up.

by Anonymousreply 387April 27, 2021 2:58 PM

I think they meant well, R387.

by Anonymousreply 388April 27, 2021 2:59 PM

Tariq's friends are sending DEATH THREATS to the kid and that's not a crime?

by Anonymousreply 389April 27, 2021 3:01 PM

What R387?

by Anonymousreply 390April 27, 2021 3:01 PM

^ It's the friends and family of the guy who took the video (who isn't Tariq)

by Anonymousreply 391April 27, 2021 3:02 PM

The customer released this video to humiliate the employee r386 and you're happily contributing to that humiliation. You're demanding the video be released to an even wider audience where it'll hurt the employee even more.

by Anonymousreply 392April 27, 2021 3:03 PM

Nonsense R392. We're trying to have the man (or men) held accountable for threatening someone's life.

by Anonymousreply 393April 27, 2021 3:10 PM

R386 Maybe that's exactly why this shouldn't be given any more attention. The employee is not well and unwanted publicity exacerbates his mental condition and stresses him even more. It was just an inconvenient situation which blew out of proportion but no one was really hurt. All it resulted in were two frustrated, upset people who needed to calm down. That isn't news. People get pissed off and have meltdowns every single day. People are making too much out of it and they should just leave both the employee and customer alone.

by Anonymousreply 394April 27, 2021 3:10 PM

The gofundme goes to the young man — yes?

by Anonymousreply 395April 27, 2021 3:11 PM

It is so sad that we have turned bullying and mental illness into yet another thread for some of you to get out your race hate. At it's core race has nothing to do with this story and everything to do with just how shitty it is for customer service and retail workers in this country. There is no excuse for the treatment of this worker, focus on that. Not on race.

by Anonymousreply 396April 27, 2021 3:11 PM

[quote]I don’t give a shit about myself. that’s why I hit myself. I’m worthless.

I know exactly how this feels because I've been there and exhibited the same behavior - only not in public. Someone criticizing you can really set you off if you're in a bad space you can blow it out of proportion. The guy who did this to him is obviously a real dick, as is whoever put it online. I hope this kid can get some help and has supportive family and friends.

by Anonymousreply 397April 27, 2021 3:11 PM

[quote]People are making too much out of it and they should just leave both the employee and customer alone.

The customer and that Tariq person’s people are threatening him, no?

by Anonymousreply 398April 27, 2021 3:12 PM

Maybe we should donate even more money.

by Anonymousreply 399April 27, 2021 3:13 PM

[quote]We're trying to have the man (or men) held accountable for threatening someone's life.

People were demanding this get national news attention before we learned the customer and his family were threatening the guy.

Putting this on the news won't get the employee justice. He's being humiliated and pushed beyond his breaking point because it's gone viral. Making it go national or international will make it worse for him. It'll do nothing but lead to people blaming the mentally ill, blaming all blacks, etc. just like has happened on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 400April 27, 2021 3:15 PM

the head slapping thing was definitely Spectrum behavior, no one in their right mind does that and with such speed and intention

by Anonymousreply 401April 27, 2021 3:17 PM

Just because Hambly is dumb doesn't mean he's wrong in this case.

If you think the way the employee was treated is in any way justified, you're an asshole. We spend all this time criticizing cops for handling mental health crises wrong, and then turn around and see nothing wrong with what happened here. Anyone who thinks this is okay should never be allowed in a hotel, restaurant, or bar ever again.

If this kid kills himself it's because of all the self entitled asshats who think harassing service industry workers is a fun hobby.

by Anonymousreply 402April 27, 2021 3:18 PM

There are some genuinely touching messages on the gofundme donation page. Heartwarming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403April 27, 2021 3:19 PM

Some very generous, kind people in that gofundme.

by Anonymousreply 404April 27, 2021 3:22 PM

All the millionaires on DataLounge should be able to get that GoFundMe up to $50k at least.

by Anonymousreply 405April 27, 2021 3:23 PM

There are, R404, I just hope the money goes to the kid.

by Anonymousreply 406April 27, 2021 3:23 PM

I’m sure it will.

by Anonymousreply 407April 27, 2021 3:25 PM

He asked that the GFM be shut down so maybe people should do what he's requested? He's quoted at r380.

by Anonymousreply 408April 27, 2021 3:26 PM

R398 I don't think the customer was expecting quite the backlash he got for posting the video. So now he and his family are taking their misplaced aggression out on the employee. All the more reason not to make this national news. They're clearly stressed as well by the public wrongly making villains out of the man and are taking it out on him. But there shouldn't be any aggression or stress taken out anyone. No one did anything wrong. This is just a misunderstanding and a mountain being made out of a molehill.

by Anonymousreply 409April 27, 2021 3:26 PM

Both of these people were in the wrong, on different levels.

The white guy is obviously young, he probably went to college and has this shit brain-numbing job. At a Holiday Inn, no less. I'd be having meltdowns every day too, especially when some asshole puts a cell in my face.

Lots of young people today cannot take any sort of criticism, they simply cannot cope. Many young people are in arrested development. I blame their parents for coddling them.

The Black dude is obviously a fucking aggressive asshole, what's with always filming? This didn't need to be filmed. It's clear he's not very bright, he went off on young man who is likely depressed by his shit job and possibly has mental health issues. Then, when the young guy walked away from the counter, the Black guy continued to follow him with his stupid cell.

WTF was the point, so he could shame the Holiday Inn worker online?

I always treat cashiers, and others with crap jobs, with respect. The Black guy was obviously too ignorant to comprehend the awful jobs some people have to endure in order to pay their bills..

by Anonymousreply 410April 27, 2021 3:27 PM

I'm one of the people who says this shouldn't become national news, but I absolutely disagree with r409 that no one did anything wrong, the customer absolutely did something wrong. Repeatedly.

If it's true that the customer was escorted out of the building, I'd like to think the manager also called the police. If not, then hopefully someone will now that the employee is getting threats. But it still shouldn't go national because the kid is messed up enough with the video getting THIS much attention, let alone even more.

by Anonymousreply 411April 27, 2021 3:29 PM

I love how R410 didn’t capitalize “white” but capitalized “black”. That is such micro-aggression. I LOVE it. I think it’s so hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 412April 27, 2021 3:29 PM

R410 didn't read the thread but wrote a goddamned essay anyway.

by Anonymousreply 413April 27, 2021 3:29 PM

I don't think anyone knows who the customer is, R409. The backlash is directed at Nasheed, the customer hasn't been doxxed so any backlash towards him is indirect.

by Anonymousreply 414April 27, 2021 3:30 PM

The Holiday Inn knows who that customer is, his co-workers surely know, I'm shocked that a name hasn't been leaked.

by Anonymousreply 415April 27, 2021 3:32 PM

Every poster here should look into their heart and find some money to donate to this poor young man.

by Anonymousreply 416April 27, 2021 3:33 PM

r416 reminds me of the trolls we had on here when Jill Stein was pretending to ask for a recount, and they were begging DLers to send her their life savings.

by Anonymousreply 417April 27, 2021 3:35 PM

Thank you, R410. Your response was right on the money.

Through teaching at a university, I have found that many 20 year olds today do not take criticism well at all. I had one student break down completely because she had skipped way too many classes in a course, and I told her that it would affect her ability to pass the course. Another emailed me before the semester started to inform me he could not take a course where blood was discussed and would I be discussing bloody violence. I responded that, yes, we would discuss the human propensity to resort to violence in a history course. He did not take the course.

This employee, however, was bullied by the customer. The man was speaking to him in loud and angry tones. The customer was rather stupid, too. I don't know the nature of the problem he had, but if he were smart, he should have asked to speak to the manager. It looks as if he was trying to get a reaction from this employee to suit his narrative.

by Anonymousreply 418April 27, 2021 3:39 PM

I'm not taking the customer's side because he sounds like a douche, but it doesn't hurt to to have video evidence just in case someone wonders why this twinky little white boy's head is all bruised up.

And again, not to defend the douchey customer, but how many of you have encountered cunty, gay hotel clerks. They're usually at finer hotels and not at the Holiday Inn Express, but still you have to be ready to deal with them. And don't act like you haven't encountered Miss Thing at the front desk, I have fucked plenty of them.

by Anonymousreply 419April 27, 2021 3:42 PM

One problem: the twinkly little white boy, asshole, didn’t slap his head until the video was well underway.

No one reasonably expects that kind of behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 420April 27, 2021 3:44 PM

[quote]I love how [R410] didn’t capitalize “white” but capitalized “black”. That is such micro-aggression. I LOVE it. I think it’s so hysterical.

I'm biracial, I can capitalize any damn way I want. Go fuck yourself.

The BLACK man was actually more in the wrong than the coddled 'youth', but you just keep assuming WHO & WHAT people here at DL by one fucking post.

"Micro-agression", yet more bollocks, likely from an over-educated person with more 'book knowledge' than actual common sense! Let me guess, you are white and a SJW?

by Anonymousreply 421April 27, 2021 3:46 PM

I know this is probably a bad time, but are there any nudes of the twink?

by Anonymousreply 422April 27, 2021 3:50 PM

R396 WE made it about race? WE did?! Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 423April 27, 2021 4:08 PM

I don't understand people who make blanket statements that we should all treat certain workers with respect because they have a hard job and are underpaid-a hard underpaying job describes the majority of jobs these days. I'll respect them if they are nice (and I have no doubt the clerk in the video is nice and was doing what he could) but some "frontline" workers are just cunts, which is why they can't get any kind of job but a low paying one in the first place. Some people, especially young ones, think they are entitled to wealth even though they have no above average skills, talents or looks. Respect goes both ways.

by Anonymousreply 424April 27, 2021 4:09 PM

Lol R421.

by Anonymousreply 425April 27, 2021 4:09 PM

I agree r424 (and had an encounter with a Braedyn today -- not making that name up -- that epitomizes your example) but we also need to be able to provide jobs for people like this young man who are trying their best, but have limitations.

So many of our jobs are service jobs, it's getting to where people can't find anything else, and they often aren't cut out for it at all.

by Anonymousreply 426April 27, 2021 4:12 PM

I've worked retail for many years in Los Angeles in the 80s and 90s and never had difficulty with customers to this degree, nor to the degree of many of the situations caught on video that are posted online. Seeing how horrible people have become towards each other I would never take a job working in customer service or retail today.

by Anonymousreply 427April 27, 2021 4:44 PM

There should be more money in the gofundme by now. Link it everywhere!

by Anonymousreply 428April 27, 2021 4:49 PM

I thought that guy’s line was so telling: you’re gonna ruin my life.

This anger, this entitlement, this constant destruction of each other by social, it needs to moderate. Less is more. This is too much.

by Anonymousreply 429April 27, 2021 4:49 PM

Why is the OP "lined out?" What did he/she say wrong?

by Anonymousreply 430April 27, 2021 4:50 PM

This kind of behavior would never have been tolerated at my hotel.

by Anonymousreply 431April 27, 2021 4:51 PM

There’s a Newsweek article that says it reached out to Holiday Inn corporate this morning. So maybe the facts of the matter will actually get established.

by Anonymousreply 432April 27, 2021 4:52 PM

There is no reason that the employee should not be able to work at the hotel, even if he is “on the spectrum”. It is the employer’s job to give the employees the tools needed to do the job. That includes telling a customer that the customer’s behavior is inappropriate and the customer should leave the building.

by Anonymousreply 433April 27, 2021 4:58 PM

What makes you think he wasn't given "the tools to do his job"? All this mollycoddling for a grown man who lost his shit at work is ridiculous. I've dealt with customers like this and have never gotten in trouble for letting them know they are out of line and if they don't stop I won't help them. The clerk was trying his best but let the customer get to him, you simply cannot do that, it is part of your job to act professionally when confronted with these kinds of customers. Oh excuse me, you CAN do that when you have a mental illness to use as an excuse. I guess society and businesses are supposed to cater to everyone and their anxiety/mental/emotional issues these days or fear the wrath of public opinion.

by Anonymousreply 434April 27, 2021 5:12 PM

Oh good, the "mental illness is just an excuse" troll has arrived, smelling fresh as a daisy.

by Anonymousreply 435April 27, 2021 5:14 PM

My ex-neighbor's son was diagnosed with schizophrenia at an early age and has been cashiering at the same high-traffic drug store for nearly 40 years. His brother once told me that the company had been trying to get rid of him for a long time, but that people with mental heath conditions have rights. Apparently this guy has never done anything wrong other than being soft-spoken and weird. I can only commend him for holding onto the job for so long because I've seen the painful interactions with difficult customers and shit he's had to deal with when I've gone into that store.

by Anonymousreply 436April 27, 2021 5:15 PM

Such an intelligent reasonable and thought out counter argument R435

by Anonymousreply 437April 27, 2021 5:16 PM

Rights or privileges R436? There's a MAJOR difference and I wonder how many people without mental illness have been fired with no available recourse simply because their employer didn't like them.

by Anonymousreply 438April 27, 2021 5:19 PM

[quote]My ex-neighbor's son was diagnosed with schizophrenia at an early age and has been cashiering at the same high-traffic drug store for nearly 40 years.

Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 439April 27, 2021 5:23 PM

By all means, R434, let your experience govern all, because your experience is universal, isn’t it?

by Anonymousreply 440April 27, 2021 5:26 PM

His fear is real. The SJWs basically murder people. If you get in their crosshairs you might as well commit suicide, unless you enjoy manual labor your career is over.

by Anonymousreply 441April 27, 2021 5:43 PM

I just came to watch the video again. I think I’ve seen it 15 times. I skip to the middle now.

by Anonymousreply 442April 27, 2021 5:54 PM

Did the customer get ID’d yet?

by Anonymousreply 443April 27, 2021 6:06 PM

[quote] Did the customer get ID’d yet?

I'm wondering that too. It' seems to be taking longer than usual for this type of thing and Tariq has become his patsy.

by Anonymousreply 444April 27, 2021 6:09 PM

My pitchfork will go to waste :(

by Anonymousreply 445April 27, 2021 6:12 PM

by Anonymousreply 446April 27, 2021 6:22 PM

Amazes me that the video is still posted on Twitter. Reddit removed it.

by Anonymousreply 447April 27, 2021 6:23 PM

[quote]Black people have a sociopathic core that enables them to get the upper hand in these situations. It's a phenomenon you can only understand if you've worked retail.

Sorry, but I worked retail for 20+ years in Los Angeles and the black customers aren't the ones who stand out in my mind. We can stereotype every single ethnicity in terms of retail awfulness, especially upper middle class white women with their little dogs that piss all over stores and their sociopathic children- they're the ones I remember most. See how that works?

by Anonymousreply 448April 27, 2021 6:24 PM

R448 everyone agrees, white women are horrendous to service workers.

by Anonymousreply 449April 27, 2021 6:26 PM

True, r449, but my point isn't that all white women are awful customers. It was to show that you can take any bad experience and make an unfair accusation against an entire group with it. Sure, I probably had a few bad black customers, but I don't remember them because I also had some great black customers, like the black woman who would only come to my register because I didn't stare and treat her like a freak while she was transitioning. She tried to give me a huge cash tip at Christmas.

You will always remember the best and worst, yet forget a lot of average customers in between that didn't cause any trouble at all.

by Anonymousreply 450April 27, 2021 6:35 PM

[quote]I don't understand people who make blanket statements that we should all treat certain workers with respect because they have a hard job and are underpaid-a hard underpaying job describes the majority of jobs these days. I'll respect them if they are nice (and I have no doubt the clerk in the video is nice and was doing what he could) but some "frontline" workers are just cunts, which is why they can't get any kind of job but a low paying one in the first place. Some people, especially young ones, think they are entitled to wealth even though they have no above average skills, talents or looks. Respect goes both ways.

Of course respect goes both ways.

On the other hand, what's not to understand? Have you ever worked at such a soul sucking job? A lot of customers have major meltdowns about things the workers have absolutely zero control over. Simple things like a sale price changing weekly. Lots of drug stores now have cash rewards, yet there's no explanation telling the customer, that the $6 reward won't be applied to your current purchase.

The cashier has no control of a corporation's bullshit practices. These workers get paid crap salaries while the CEOs make millions.

A lot of customers are just plain rude and ignorant. I've heard many customers scream at workers in drugstores, customers even scream at the pharmacist, especially when they find out their health insurance no longer covers their medications. They have no concept that the formulary might have changed, it's sure not the pharmacists fault. There are a lot of imbeciles out there.

Years ago, I did seasonal display at Macys, I had two other accounts, Macy's wasn't even a full time job. I'd be on the floor putting up a Christmas display, even climbing a ladder, when customers would bark at me and my co-workers. These customers would get angry when I was unable to tell them where a certain item or a department was. I explained we were seasonal freelance display artists, we worked a different Macy's every two weeks.

Walk a mile in others shoes before assuming anything.

by Anonymousreply 451April 27, 2021 6:46 PM

The “black customer” didn’t encourage stereotypes, but the African-American people automatically supporting his vile behavior and vicious treatment of the employee are likely to.

by Anonymousreply 452April 27, 2021 6:48 PM

Yes R451 I work a soul sucking service job now so I have real time experience. It doesn't mean that I support corporations and their shady lobbying practices or their animalistic treatment of workers. It means that people need to learn to put their foot down and in a professional way let it be known to customers that they will not be disrespected. I do it all the time and it never ceases to amaze me how many of my coworkers whisper behind my back (when I worked on site that is) because I was so "rude" to customers. But you know what? NEVER been in trouble for it. Not once, and if I ever did I know how to fight it.

by Anonymousreply 453April 27, 2021 6:59 PM

The guy with the camera was an asshole spoiling for a fight and post.

Doesn’t matter what colour he was. He’s the colour of asshole and I hope all this publicity is taste enough of his own medicine to rethink was a complete asshole he is.

by Anonymousreply 454April 27, 2021 7:07 PM

At least one media outlet is FINALLY covering it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455April 27, 2021 7:17 PM

To the poster upthread who said the Holiday Inn employee will never see a cent of the GoFundMe because the organizer is an alt-right grifter: aren’t there measures in place to assure that the money donated DOES in fact go to the person it’s meant for?

by Anonymousreply 456April 27, 2021 7:32 PM

I don't know r456, I sure hope they can detect scammers.

Tweeting that he's "made contact" isn't good enough, as the bank info of the employee sure as hell isn't the one tied to the gofundme right now.

by Anonymousreply 457April 27, 2021 7:37 PM

The organizer just posted that he added the kid (Caleb) to the campaign, so we’ll see.

by Anonymousreply 458April 27, 2021 7:38 PM

Black people want to disassemble the social hierarchy, so their Black Queens can then in turn treat everyone like peasants and act like they’re Beyoncé at Spago when they order a sub sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 459April 27, 2021 7:40 PM

What has he done to earn that money? Just get yelled at in public? Everybody has been treated like shit and talked down to at one point in their lives so I guess we all deserve to have a big payout and an online pity party.

by Anonymousreply 460April 27, 2021 7:44 PM

Good :

Today by Jeremy Hambly, Organizer

Just Had An AMAZING Conversation With Caleb & He Is So Thankful For all Of Your Support! He is still working through things but has a great support system around him! I have added him to the campaign (passed it off) so he can start relaxing & planning for his future!

by Anonymousreply 461April 27, 2021 7:46 PM

The customer was totally abusive. Why is he hounding the guy like that? And filming him? I work in customer service part of the time in my job and it teaches you to have compassion for people. The guy at the desk never said anything mean to the customer. Just sad to watch.

by Anonymousreply 462April 27, 2021 7:46 PM

This story with its initial racial bent, mental illness, homophobic twist, and finally JUSTICE could be legendary DL. Getting major Jeffrey Spaide vibes.

by Anonymousreply 463April 27, 2021 7:50 PM

What has he done to earn that money? Just get yelled at in public? Everybody has been treated like shit and talked down to at one point in their lives so I guess we all deserve to have a big payout and an online pity party.

When was a video of you having a breakdown shown to thousands of people? Maybe the asshole shouldn't have filmed it.

by Anonymousreply 464April 27, 2021 7:50 PM

His life has been changed and ruined by this sociopathic animal. He deserves the money.

by Anonymousreply 465April 27, 2021 7:53 PM

If Jeremy says that he had a discussion with Caleb, that undoubtedly proves he handed over the account. Let's keep donating, guys!

by Anonymousreply 466April 27, 2021 7:54 PM

R460, it’s called compassion and in your evident, massive ignorance of it, you have mine.

by Anonymousreply 467April 27, 2021 7:54 PM

I find it telling that this thread is getting hit after hit, but the one where the white guy is harassing the gay kid in the prom dress is getting zero attention. You whores are so transparent.

by Anonymousreply 468April 27, 2021 8:02 PM

R460, so much jealousy in show business.

by Anonymousreply 469April 27, 2021 8:02 PM

You could include the link R468.

by Anonymousreply 470April 27, 2021 8:04 PM

R468–you don’t care about this incident, you’re no different than the people you attack here. The provoker is black, so you side with the black guy.

by Anonymousreply 471April 27, 2021 8:06 PM

[quote]I find it telling that this thread is getting hit after hit, but the one where the white guy is harassing the gay kid in the prom dress is getting zero attention. You whores are so transparent.

The difference is that the high school kid was able to hold his own and stand up to the guy he was dealing with while the hotel worker had serious mental illness and was too fragile to deal with the asshole he was dealing with and as a result lost his livelihood. What else is it you don’t understand?

by Anonymousreply 472April 27, 2021 8:08 PM

[quote]Just Had An AMAZING Conversation With Caleb & He Is So Thankful For all Of Your Support! He is still working through things but has a great support system around him! I have added him to the campaign (passed it off) so he can start relaxing & planning for his future!

Thrilled he has support.

by Anonymousreply 473April 27, 2021 8:10 PM

The VAST majority of posters here are siding with the clerk R468 wtf are you on about?

by Anonymousreply 474April 27, 2021 8:11 PM

Meant to say R471 ^^

by Anonymousreply 475April 27, 2021 8:11 PM

[quote]wtf are you on about?

Is this UK-speak?

by Anonymousreply 476April 27, 2021 8:14 PM

R468 this story is more interesting.

Aspie Gay loses it when homophobic black man calls him a faggot and then tries to frame him for racism

vs

White boomer tells thirsty Yassss Kween that he shouldn’t wear a dress at prom

by Anonymousreply 477April 27, 2021 8:15 PM

I agree that this kid probably shouldn't have been doing that job, but that customer was just a POS. Even if he didn't actually call the clerk a slur, he seemed to be taking the position that this night auditor (the video appears to be at night) was somehow responsible for all his ills in the world, when really the kid probably had very little control over the situation.

I worked in customer service for many years (food & beverage) and while I will completely agree that there are assholes of every color, I did find that the % of grifters seeking something for free was higher in the black community. And it wasn't an accidental thing, like some visitors from other countries, but a purposeful, "I'm the customer so I can treat you like shit" kind of thing. I found that there was no middle ground in that community; it was either the lovely black customers who were put-a-smile-on-your-face-for-the-rest-of-the-day lovely and the others were just terrible.

by Anonymousreply 478April 27, 2021 8:17 PM

So Tariq has a history of picking out random white people in public, filming them and harassing them nonstop until they say anything even remotely racist and then uploading the video with his half edited out in order to generate a backlash against them online through the manipulation of cancel culture? And The Biggest Asshole in The Universe Award goes to...

by Anonymousreply 479April 27, 2021 8:19 PM

Is Tariq POZ? My cousin Deedee heard dat from her friend Sharkeisha’s brother Rodney. Allegedly.

by Anonymousreply 480April 27, 2021 8:30 PM

I just came to watch again.

by Anonymousreply 481April 27, 2021 8:31 PM

[quote] I find it telling that this thread is getting hit after hit, but the one where the white guy is harassing the gay kid in the prom dress is getting zero attention. You whores are so transparent.

It's also getting more attention than that story about an elderly woman with dementia getting beat up by cops. At least this guy is young and able bodied, and no one laid a hand on him.

by Anonymousreply 482April 27, 2021 8:32 PM

[quote]White boomer tells thirsty Yassss Kween that he shouldn’t wear a dress at prom

Not a boomer. He's 46, not 64.

by Anonymousreply 483April 27, 2021 8:32 PM

[quote]I find it telling that this thread is getting hit after hit, but the one where the white guy is harassing the gay kid in the prom dress is getting zero attention. You whores are so transparent.

Bullshit. I've been commenting on that thread as well and there are more than zero comments.

by Anonymousreply 484April 27, 2021 8:39 PM

TARIQ IS NOT THE CUSTOMER.

Tariq is a wannabe provocateur who reposted a video and is using the increased attention to beg for donations and promote his latest film — about the evils of gay white men this time. He’s been at this for over a decade.

Previously, black women were his main target but he couldn’t compete with Tommy Sotomayor so he skulked away and began talking about bussy, what he’d do/wear/say if he were a gay man, and telling his fans not to vote in the last election.

by Anonymousreply 485April 27, 2021 8:40 PM

BLACK COMMUNITY IS THE MOST HOMOPHOBIC DEMOGRAPHIC IN AMERICA. PERIOD.

by Anonymousreply 486April 27, 2021 8:42 PM

Who cares about the kid in a dress? He wanted tje attention. This poor clerk is losing his job and possibly career.

by Anonymousreply 487April 27, 2021 8:45 PM

What’s the clerk’s Reddit handle again?

by Anonymousreply 488April 27, 2021 8:51 PM

Here’s Tariq in 2001 (when he called himself “King Flex”) promoting his how-to-be-a-mack book while cosplaying as one, and immediately being called out on the amount of Love’s Baby Soft he’s wearing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489April 27, 2021 8:52 PM

[quote]I say this as someone whose history shows I call out the racist cunts on here all of the time:

Here we go R51 ... Wait for it ... wait for it ...

[quote]It seems some black people are overplaying their hand in thinking that just because people recognize the injustices done against them, that means they have free license to be assholes towards people who aren't black.

And there it is!

You've just been ITCHING to say this! How does it feel?

A normal person who isn't a racist asshole would probably realize that

1. This isn't about race.

2. Even the black people in the comments are siding with the worker because people are fully capable of determining when that's a factor.

3. Tariq, the poster, is a jackass that posts things like this just like there are white people, (some would say even on this board) that intentionally post things like this to cause outrage.

The best thing to do isn't to buy into it but I'm glad you had the time to get that off your chest.

by Anonymousreply 490April 27, 2021 8:59 PM

[quote]What’s the clerk’s Reddit handle again?

u/Leezarus

by Anonymousreply 491April 27, 2021 9:00 PM

r474/r475, he/r471 is speaking to one person in his reply. It's directed towards him. He's not speaking to you, me or anyone else but that one person. That's how it works here sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 492April 27, 2021 9:01 PM

Thanks R491. I just checked but he hasn’t posted anything on Reddit in the last 2 days, no comments anywhere. I’m waiting for him to confirm the GoFundMe has been handed over to him. I expect he’ll confirm it eventually if that’s the case.

by Anonymousreply 493April 27, 2021 9:03 PM

R480 Oh my God, "Sharkeisha" will never NOT be funny.

by Anonymousreply 494April 27, 2021 9:05 PM

You gotta love how the guest is carrying on at a Holiday Inn as if he's expecting Carlyle-level service.

by Anonymousreply 495April 27, 2021 10:51 PM

Many poors and poor adjacents have folie de grandeur with the budget restaurants, services and accommodations hey can barely afford. The customizations demanded at The Waffle House.

by Anonymousreply 496April 27, 2021 10:55 PM

It's not easy being a hotel clerk

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497April 27, 2021 11:08 PM

She is AWESOME, R497. Thanks for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 498April 28, 2021 12:18 AM

Word R413.

by Anonymousreply 499April 28, 2021 12:58 AM

He has deleted his Reddit account.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500April 28, 2021 1:03 AM

[quote]She is AWESOME, [R497]. Thanks for sharing.

"Oh, don't leave now!"

by Anonymousreply 501April 28, 2021 1:04 AM

R485, I'm ashamed to admit that I'm aware of the Tariq-Tommy feud, but most of my interest comes from the trainwreck aspect of it - these two grown-ass men in their forties, squabbling like a couple of high school chicks from rival cliques.

And yes, both of them like to use words such as gay, bitch, moist, f*g and variants thereof when they want to throw insults. NO, before anyone jumps on my ass, I am NOT extrapolating what they do or say towards the behavior of anyone else.

Did the filming customer send the video directly to Tariq? If so, that makes the intention crystal-clear. Everyone who knows of Tariq Nasheed knows exactly what he's about, and if not, just re-read his Twitter bio.

by Anonymousreply 502April 28, 2021 1:05 AM

I worked retail,hotel,c-stores,you name it. Believe I wouldnt put up with some bullshit like that for a nano second. I didnt lose my cool though,I just called the cops when appropriate and completely ignored the asshole till they got there. As I said upthread,they usually shut up when they realized I did not give a fuck about their histrionics. Common civility has long been a dying thing,its not a race issue,its a people issue.

by Anonymousreply 503April 28, 2021 1:07 AM

Gofundme = $$55,628.

Caleb C (the ex-Holiday Inn worker beneficiary) has been contacted, authenticated and has left this message:

TODAY by Caleb C, Beneficiary i don't know how to comprehend any of what's happened the last few days. it is both overwhelming for good and bad reasons as anyone could expect. i just -cannot- fathom what is missing in people's hearts to make them hate, and turn this into anything but what it is on a prime level: the state of mental illness in the united states of america.

on a base level, as humans, we rely on each other. we build each other up. love your neighbors - show love to strangers. we are one, or we are NONE.

i am shutting off social media to recollect, get back to counseling/therapies, and promise to put portions back into my community and mental-health related charities once i sit down and research which are the best choices.

for now - rest with my fur-babies. rest with the love of my life. please, everyone, take care of yourselves and look out for one another.

~~~~

"Take root in the ground, live in harmony with the wind, plant your seeds in the winter, and rejoice with the birds in the coming of spring. No matter how many weapons you have, no matter how great your technology might be, the world cannot live without love." - Laputa: Castle in the Sky (1989)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504April 28, 2021 1:12 AM

Do they have to pay taxes on GoFundMe donations?

by Anonymousreply 505April 28, 2021 1:18 AM

Someone just put in 2k.

by Anonymousreply 506April 28, 2021 1:20 AM

Defacto R506.

by Anonymousreply 507April 28, 2021 1:22 AM

Just kidding. It could have been him though. Whoever it was—very very generous.

by Anonymousreply 508April 28, 2021 1:23 AM

You really think Defacto has $2K to spare? The hotel worker is GAY - Defacto doesn't like gay people, especially bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 509April 28, 2021 1:24 AM

Who the hell is “Defacto”?

That note from Caleb on GFM is wonderful. I’m so glad he’s authenticated and getting the money. My cup runneth over. What a sweetheart.

I’m glad I donated, and I’m glad the gleeful cunt upthread who was making fun of “elderbottoms” (LOL, my 8” top-cock laughs at you) donating to an “alt-right grifter” has been proven wrong. EAT IT, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 510April 28, 2021 1:27 AM

[quote]You really think Defacto has $2K to spare?

I do, especially on that bitcoin thread.

[quote]Defacto doesn't like gay people, especially bottoms.

Oh. Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 511April 28, 2021 1:28 AM

The customer in R497 was an absolute prick! I'm glad the lady was black so he couldn't pretend it was racism. Just wish she called the police on him right away and didn't tell him so they could surprise the asshole. And lol at his posturing, you know he's just some loser without a nickel. Dealing crack doesn't count as a job.

by Anonymousreply 512April 28, 2021 1:34 AM

gofundme total: $56,537 raised of $5,000 goal

Worker responds

Updates (3) TODAY by Caleb C, Beneficiary i don't know how to comprehend any of what's happened the last few days. it is both overwhelming for good and bad reasons as anyone could expect. i just -cannot- fathom what is missing in people's hearts to make them hate, and turn this into anything but what it is on a prime level: the state of mental illness in the united states of america.

on a base level, as humans, we rely on each other. we build each other up. love your neighbors - show love to strangers. we are one, or we are NONE.

i am shutting off social media to recollect, get back to counseling/therapies, and promise to put portions back into my community and mental-health related charities once i sit down and research which are the best choices.

for now - rest with my fur-babies. rest with the love of my life. please, everyone, take care of yourselves and look out for one another.

~~~~

"Take root in the ground, live in harmony with the wind, plant your seeds in the winter, and rejoice with the birds in the coming of spring. No matter how many weapons you have, no matter how great your technology might be, the world cannot live without love." - Laputa: Castle in the Sky (1989) See older updates

by Anonymousreply 513April 28, 2021 1:38 AM

R78 Uh huh

by Anonymousreply 514April 28, 2021 1:48 AM

R513, R504 ALREADY POSTED that update. Too lazy to scroll back even 10 posts?

by Anonymousreply 515April 28, 2021 2:01 AM

Blacks don’t want you to hate them for their race but they sure as hell love to hate you for being gay. They use the F word without hesitation yet you dare call them the N word... bottom line Tariq is a race baiting scumbag. He didn’t acknowledge this video was bullying of a white man who is gay and has a mental disorder. The black bully called him a homophobic slur. Yet somehow that was overlooked? Imagine if the clerk was black and the white person called them F*****? BLM would be marching all over the place (but for the race aspect not to avenge a hateful homophobic slur) FUCK them and their one sided agenda and Tariq needs to be banned from Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 516April 28, 2021 3:12 AM

I don't get everyone on here saying he shouldn't be working as a hotel worker. I was a front desk clerk for a couple of years until I got held up at gun point, and quit. If you're working in some random town/city - not a high traffic area, it's actually pretty ideal as far as random jobs go, especially overnight, which seems to be this person's situation. You have hours between ever having to deal with anyone.

For me, I went to work with reading material, sat down, and was basically left alone. I spent maybe an hour total in an eight hour shift actually dealing with other people. It has it's issues, but it's not a bad gig.

by Anonymousreply 517April 28, 2021 3:16 AM

[quote]They use the F word without hesitation

Oh god yes.

by Anonymousreply 518April 28, 2021 3:17 AM

Now the racists act like Blacks hate gays any less than Whites. Ahahahahaahahahahaa

We have the worst fucking trolls. The worst. They aren’t even fun. They are lazy and boring. FUCK! Why the FUCK can’t we have better trolls. Huh?

by Anonymousreply 519April 28, 2021 3:29 AM

How come you didn’t capitalize gays, R519?

by Anonymousreply 520April 28, 2021 3:30 AM

R520 The worst trolls. My GOD how far we’ve sunk.

by Anonymousreply 521April 28, 2021 3:33 AM

R520 How come YOU didn’t capitalize Gays?

by Anonymousreply 522April 28, 2021 3:33 AM

Thank you for capitalizing.

by Anonymousreply 523April 28, 2021 3:36 AM

Worst trolls. We get the special ed AM Moscow team.

by Anonymousreply 524April 28, 2021 3:49 AM

It really makes me sick that there are so many donations. People pounce on this story of a big, bad bully of a black man bullying a poor, innocent little white boy and use it as an excuse to justify their racist views. They love to make a black man a villain and the face of evil. I believe that's exactly what they're doing. I see through their transparent attempts.

by Anonymousreply 525April 28, 2021 4:02 AM

Yaaaas kween.

by Anonymousreply 526April 28, 2021 4:03 AM

Oh, I'm R517, and I was robbed at gun point by a black man. So have fun with that. I've been robbed twice by black men with guns. Still not racist, but love people who tell me there isn't an issue that needs to be addressed, and it isn't with me.

by Anonymousreply 527April 28, 2021 4:11 AM

If that hotel clerk needs any cuddling or anything extra I volunteer as tribute!

by Anonymousreply 528April 28, 2021 4:13 AM

I was mugged 2 times at gun point by black men. 1 additional time by a black man with a knife. I was beat to pulp by black teens and was in hospital for 4 days. Enjoy these facts R525. The video shows a white gay guy having a breakdown and we are told a black man is bullying him about a mistake. Was it worth it to the black man?

by Anonymousreply 529April 28, 2021 4:16 AM

r525, you jealous bitch. You wish you had that cash coming your way, dumb cunt!

by Anonymousreply 530April 28, 2021 4:18 AM

These fake stories about “blacks” attacking these fragile white flowers is really projection. They want those bulls to aggressive split their holes with that BBC!

by Anonymousreply 531April 28, 2021 4:26 AM

Do you know any black people? R531 They will tell you themselves what they've done. I've literally entertained black men who have committed armed robbery, and I am someone who has been robbed at gunpoint. It's not a fallacy. This shit happens in the real world, all the time.

by Anonymousreply 532April 28, 2021 4:30 AM

Except this isn't a fake story R531. It's ON VIDEO.

by Anonymousreply 533April 28, 2021 6:02 AM

R519, it’s well documented, over and over, how much more homophobic the black population is compared to other demographics.

by Anonymousreply 534April 28, 2021 6:22 AM

80K. People do give a shit after all.

by Anonymousreply 535April 28, 2021 7:14 AM

R525, no-one "made" the black guy into a villain. He showed how much of a lowlife he is by his own actions.

by Anonymousreply 536April 28, 2021 7:59 AM

It’s time to unfollow this thread.

by Anonymousreply 537April 28, 2021 8:28 AM

$82,785 USD raised of $5,000 goal.

That's remarkable and the generosity of other caring humans is remarkable. Looking at the donations - they are all $5 and $10 small donations that have added up. I really hope it does some good for Caleb.

by Anonymousreply 538April 28, 2021 10:52 AM

If only there was a handsome, compassionate, hot, intuitive, studly virtual therapist, kweens, who could provide 80 thousand in counselling. This young man needs some self esteem tips!

by Anonymousreply 539April 28, 2021 12:17 PM

I'm glad this had a (more or less) happy ending.

I think it's a lesson to all of us - in these trying times, particularly when you're encountering a customer service person who seems a bit "off", take a deep breathe and be patient and gracious. You never know what people are going through

by Anonymousreply 540April 28, 2021 12:40 PM

[quote]If only there was a handsome, compassionate, hot, intuitive, studly virtual therapist, kweens, who could provide 80 thousand in counselling. This young man needs some self esteem tips!

Does Caleb live in LA?

by Anonymousreply 541April 28, 2021 12:44 PM

[quote]You never know what people are going through

Whenever I encounter someone who is rude, nasty or otherwise unpleasant, I tell myself that they or a loved one may just have been diagnosed with cancer. That makes it easier for me to extend them some grace and not respond in kind.

by Anonymousreply 542April 28, 2021 12:48 PM

WOW. This thread REALLY devolved. I imagine every troll on DL is up in here. I've got to take a rape shower after reading some of these posts.

by Anonymousreply 543April 28, 2021 1:07 PM

Devolved how?

by Anonymousreply 544April 28, 2021 1:08 PM

R542, whenever I see people speeding I always just tell myself that their mother may have just had a stroke.

by Anonymousreply 545April 28, 2021 1:19 PM

Whenever I see people who won’t fuck me I just tell myself they didn’t appreciate my wonderful personality.

by Anonymousreply 546April 28, 2021 1:22 PM

R536 Bullshit. This thread is almost at the maximum amount of posts. People are bitchy to others in public all the time, so what makes this example so special? It's because it's a black man and people love to jump on any excuse to villainize black people.

As exampled in R527 "Every time I'm in the same room as a black person or see a black person in public, they always seem to attack me. They are so EVIL! Why do they love to hurt me so much?" Give me a break. I wouldn't be surprised if they're making it all up. I'm not saying a black person has never hurt a white person in history, but all races love to hurt. Humans in general love to cause destruction no matter their race.

This man is not a victim and doesn't deserve 1 dollar much less $85,000. How about we set up a fundraiser for the customer because the whole world is stomping on him and making him seem like a piece of trash for no good reason? I'd donate to that instead. He is the real victim here. A victim of racist drama queen bullies.

by Anonymousreply 547April 28, 2021 1:27 PM

R547 should be red tagged. Just sayin.

by Anonymousreply 548April 28, 2021 1:29 PM

No good reason.

Do you breath unassisted?

by Anonymousreply 549April 28, 2021 1:30 PM

[quote]Do you breath unassisted?

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 550April 28, 2021 1:31 PM

MARY! @ R547

by Anonymousreply 551April 28, 2021 1:33 PM

R548 For what? For having an opinion that isn't "fuck black people"? There are a whole lot of racist posts on this thread. Did you recommend that they get red tagged as well? If you didn't, you need to ask yourself why.

by Anonymousreply 552April 28, 2021 1:33 PM

It can be both:

1) A good thing that the kid is getting support, and

2) Appalling that racists shat all over this thread

by Anonymousreply 553April 28, 2021 1:35 PM

[quote]How about we set up a fundraiser for the customer because the whole world is stomping on him and making him seem like a piece of trash for no good reason? I'd donate to that instead.

Nothing stopping you from setting it up yourself. That's the beauty of GoFundMe.

by Anonymousreply 554April 28, 2021 3:44 PM

And by all means, let us know about the tsunami of donations for this wonderful fellow.

by Anonymousreply 555April 28, 2021 3:48 PM

R541 Looking at his Reddit profile (when it still existed) it said he was in the midwest.

by Anonymousreply 556April 28, 2021 4:30 PM

[quote]If only there was a handsome, compassionate, hot, intuitive, studly virtual therapist, kweens, who could provide 80 thousand in counselling. This young man needs some self esteem tips!

Well, he is taking a much-needed sosche meed breakie!

by Anonymousreply 557April 28, 2021 4:36 PM

I'm very curious as to what is going on in the mind of the customer who filmed this at this point. Just about every "Karen" get tracked down within a day or so, but this guy gets a free pass. Shit, if I were that kid, that would have been the first thing I did.

by Anonymousreply 558April 28, 2021 4:38 PM

Karens are white...so.

by Anonymousreply 559April 28, 2021 4:47 PM

[quote]I'm very curious as to what is going on in the mind of the customer who filmed this at this point.

Bit of side note here; bad behavior notwithstanding, I hate the trend of videoing/photographing everything; it's obnoxious & a real invasion of privacy. I fear these types of "viral" moments only encourages that trend

by Anonymousreply 560April 28, 2021 4:55 PM

[quote]It’s time to unfollow this thread.

There's a 'follow' option at DL?

by Anonymousreply 561April 28, 2021 5:14 PM

It’s the watch - the eye.

by Anonymousreply 562April 28, 2021 5:19 PM

$93,735 raised of $5,000 goal

by Anonymousreply 563April 28, 2021 5:41 PM

The asshole black guy really thought he was going to humiliate the poor kid and all it did was backfire on him and now everyone knows what an asshole the black guy is because this story is now trending on Google. The black guy probably wasn’t expecting the clerk he harassed to get nearly $100,000!

by Anonymousreply 564April 28, 2021 6:38 PM

I think the kid must have hit himself before the guy started recording. The guy, I bet pulled out his phone after that and began recording.

by Anonymousreply 565April 28, 2021 6:48 PM

This story certainly backfired on the customer didn't it? Maybe he'll sue the clerk for some of that go fund me money, after all, clerk wouldn't have received it without customer's help

by Anonymousreply 566April 28, 2021 6:49 PM

Black men are such Karens

by Anonymousreply 567April 28, 2021 6:56 PM

[quote]There's a 'follow' option at DL?

The little eye at the top of posts functions in the same way, r561. Tap it and it will turn orange and add the thread to your watch list.

by Anonymousreply 568April 28, 2021 7:03 PM

$100,495 raised of $5,000 goal

by Anonymousreply 569April 28, 2021 9:11 PM

Get him to one million.

by Anonymousreply 570April 28, 2021 9:12 PM

[quote] This story certainly backfired on the customer didn't it?

No. The customer still has not been identified.

by Anonymousreply 571April 28, 2021 10:40 PM

I doubt he will be.

by Anonymousreply 572April 28, 2021 10:41 PM

Gofundme now at $112,395.

Newsweek story:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573April 29, 2021 2:19 AM

[quote] This story certainly backfired on the customer didn't it? Maybe he'll sue the clerk for some of that go fund me money, after all, clerk wouldn't have received it without customer's help

R566, that sounds like story by the wonderfully cynical Dame Muriel Spark.

by Anonymousreply 574April 29, 2021 2:33 AM

Sadly, Newsweek is the only conventional media source that has recognized this story. Where are CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC -- and even FOX? All of them have been silent, but you KNOW if the employee had been black, and the customer white -- this would've been running 24/7....

So maybe there is more truth to 'Fake News' that most of us realized?

by Anonymousreply 575April 29, 2021 4:55 AM

R575 You know why 💪🏿

by Anonymousreply 576April 29, 2021 5:03 AM

Yup. Because it's not on their 'Black Lives Matter' checklist.

Either that or Tyler Perry's involved, right?

by Anonymousreply 577April 29, 2021 7:24 AM

R575 Oh waaaaah. Boo Hoo. It is NOT that big of a story. If that camera actually caught the f word it would have been a huge story.

Also, it isn’t the type of news story anybody would run. It was a mental breakdown. It was highly embarrassing to the person breaking down. Airing this could have made things far, far worse for him. Most mental health officials would have said blowing this up could have been very damaging to this guy.

by Anonymousreply 578April 29, 2021 11:28 AM

Fox covered this r575, but not for the right reason....

by Anonymousreply 579April 29, 2021 1:19 PM

Was this Fox's take?

"The gays and the blacks are fighting again, while we rob them blind... nothing to see here."

by Anonymousreply 580April 29, 2021 1:22 PM

R579 Prove it with a link.

by Anonymousreply 581April 29, 2021 2:10 PM

[quote]Look at the black DLers, who, when backed into a corner when arguing with others here, will lash out with "ancient white fags", "old, white, out of touch effeminates", etc. etc. etc.

Just stop. Don't act as though the white gays on here don't immediately engage in racism or bigotry the moment someone immediately starts a thread about some individual who happens to be black , Hispanic, Asian, Muslim, etc who committed a crime. I've been here a very long time and I see what threads gets hundreds of responses,, because it's like a god damned dinner bell for the racist jackals around here.

Threads about actual, homophobic legislation by white Republicans gets virtually no responses, but threads like this get complete imbeciles with their "blacks are homophobes!"

by Anonymousreply 582April 29, 2021 2:21 PM

There you go, dickbag @ r581

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583April 29, 2021 3:19 PM

He's not quite as defiant as he was.

by Anonymousreply 584April 29, 2021 3:25 PM

We NEED a Cancel Tariq Meme! Fuck this troll! Waste of oxygen.

by Anonymousreply 585April 29, 2021 4:01 PM

[quote]Look at the black DLers, who, when backed into a corner when arguing with others here, will lash out with "ancient white fags", "old, white, out of touch effeminates", etc. etc. etc.

Most of those are white DLer trolls pretending to be black to rile you guys up. Several of us have pointed out exactly who they were over the years but people either forget or they're racists. There was a huge thread last week supposedly from some black guy who was mad at white gays for being racist and it took 2 seconds to put him on ignore and find him saying he was white on other threads.

All this thread has been is 100s of sockpuppets screaming that this not being on the news is an example of reverse racism, even though it HAS been on the news.

It's like this every goddamned motherfucking time. A whole thread of "this is racist against whites!" for 600 replies, the worst getting 50 WWs each, then the second it hits reply number 601 the thread dies and you never hear about this again.

by Anonymousreply 586April 29, 2021 4:12 PM

Tariq has been on Fox News several times, and has battled it out with Tucker Carlson more than once.

This appearance was particularly amusing - Tucker randomly brings up Tariq's book "The Art of Macking" as a 'gotcha' moment attempt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587April 29, 2021 4:38 PM

He sounds like a dumb ass in r587

by Anonymousreply 588April 29, 2021 4:43 PM

He reminds me of Tyler Perry. Looks like him too.

by Anonymousreply 589April 29, 2021 4:47 PM

R583, no need to be nasty. I did multiple searches over the past day or so, and only Newsweek turned up.

And that's not Fox News. It's Laura Ingram's entertainment show.

Still no "mainstream" coverage.

by Anonymousreply 590April 29, 2021 6:44 PM

Tariq has a low IQ and little school learning. His documentaries are risible pathetic navel gazing mumbo jumbo on the level of Louis Farrakhan.

by Anonymousreply 591April 29, 2021 6:49 PM

R590 the Fox News ticker says otherwise

by Anonymousreply 592April 29, 2021 7:03 PM

There was chatter on black Twitter a while back that he changed his name after cutting a deal with the "race police" after getting a prison term for killing a black guy. "Tariq Nasheed" certainly sounds like a fake name. I wish I had any sort of connection with law enforcement to figure out if it was true or not, it'd be fucking hilarious to expose him for his disgusting hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 593May 1, 2021 3:58 AM

R592, Sigh. The Angle is the name of Laura Ingram's show. It happens to be on Fox, but it's NOT a news program.

by Anonymousreply 594May 1, 2021 5:19 AM

Tariq Nasheed is a closeted homo!

by Anonymousreply 595May 1, 2021 5:27 AM

Tariq Nasheed is a dl bitch!

by Anonymousreply 596May 1, 2021 5:27 AM

Tariq Nasheed is a cunt!

by Anonymousreply 597May 1, 2021 5:28 AM

Tariq Nasheed is a sloppy bottom!

by Anonymousreply 598May 1, 2021 5:28 AM

Tariq Nasheed is a pussy!

by Anonymousreply 599May 1, 2021 5:28 AM

Tariq Nasheed deserves cancer!

by Anonymousreply 600May 1, 2021 5:29 AM

Tariq Nasheed loves cock!

by Anonymousreply 601May 1, 2021 5:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!