Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is Jeopardy thread 22?

The latest in a ongoing risky series for DL word nerds.

by Anonymousreply 1558 hours ago

Someone killed the last thread without linking a new one.

by Anonymousreply 104/26/2021

LeVar seems to be without a visible sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 204/26/2021

He seems narcissistic as hell at this point. They didn't pick you for an interim slot: Get. Over. It!

by Anonymousreply 304/26/2021

Nick pinged to me. Final was easy. More Kelley. Thats all.

by Anonymousreply 404/26/2021

I much preferred LeVar when he showed modesty when people were campaigning for him just after Alex died. Now, he's just become another campaigner and it's really... narcissistic, I agree. I also find some of his followers really pushy.

I don't want to see/read the meltdowns when he is not chosen.

by Anonymousreply 504/26/2021

He's got his guest-host spot. He should shut up now until he gets his week to audition, then people can see if he's any good.

Besides Burton, Rodgers, and Jennings, have any of the upcoming guest hosts actually said they're auditioning to be permanent?

by Anonymousreply 604/26/2021

No, r6. I don't think any of them have stated a desire.

But if they do want to host, they are keeping quiet, unlike LeVar.

by Anonymousreply 704/26/2021

I didn't know Jennings was interested? He'd be OK by me.

by Anonymousreply 804/27/2021

Well, maybe I'm jumping to conclusions that he want a permanent job, but he does want to host again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 904/27/2021

Sorry but "Good thing it wasn't a visual clue!" was hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 1004/27/2021

Final could not have been easier. What else could it have been but the Everglades?

by Anonymousreply 1104/27/2021

Anderson is worse than Katie. And she stunk up the place.

by Anonymousreply 1204/27/2021

The champ should have wagered more. "Mel Gibson" wasn't a bad wild guess; the laughing that followed was weird. Great game.

by Anonymousreply 1304/28/2021

Kelly accused!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1404/28/2021

I guess Mel Gibson was a good wild guess if one had no clue, but given De Mille made The Ten Commandments, Samson and Delilah and The Sign of Cross, it kind of ruled out everyone else.

R14 - I didn't pick up on that - really creepy.

by Anonymousreply 1504/29/2021

I won’t be watching LeVar. Cannot stand him.

by Anonymousreply 1604/29/2021

I would have been okay with Burton had he been in the original lineup, but at this point I'll skip him as well. They've already slotted a black host, by the way, it's not that they "needed" one.

by Anonymousreply 1704/29/2021

I couldn’t stand Kelly. He’s an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 1804/29/2021

R18 Yeah, he totally had a Chester the Molester vibe....

by Anonymousreply 1904/29/2021

You bitches decry wimpy betting, well... new champ doesn't have that problem! Had no idea of final, but got nuncio immediately unlike the three of them.

by Anonymousreply 2004/29/2021

The new champ was on Reddit the other day taking questions. Good for her. She made the game much more exciting. A good game overall.

BTW, did Leah remind anyone of Dakota Johnson?

by Anonymousreply 2104/29/2021

Tonight was one of the best games in a while.

New champ is personable and gutsy with her wagers, hope she sticks around.

by Anonymousreply 2204/29/2021

I was a bit spooked that Leah reminded me a lot of a former coworker!

by Anonymousreply 2304/29/2021

I thought Anderson has been doing a decent job. He's stopped putting on the ridiculous, manly deep voice and gone back to his natural, slightly higher speaking voice. He's able to engage with the contestants in a personal way that none of the other guest hosts have been able to do so far. He's not going to be the permanent host, since there's no way he's moving to LA to do it, but he's been refreshing.

Tonight's game was exciting. An edge of your seat nail biter.

by Anonymousreply 2404/29/2021

A homo who loved Fleabag... Quelle Surprise!

by Anonymousreply 2504/29/2021

I agree - Anderson was great tonight and this was a classic Jeopardy nailbiter. Three good players and one who really took a chance with their bets.

by Anonymousreply 2604/29/2021

I was rooting for cute, smart Colin.

by Anonymousreply 2704/29/2021

60 Minutes' Bill Whitaker is the next guest host.

by Anonymousreply 2804/29/2021

I’d rather they get a total unknown that is actually host material. I’m tired of people who are already celebrities thinking they deserve to host just because they’re a celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 2904/29/2021

Great game tonight! A $9,000 wager! Gutsy. And it paid off!

Had no idea about final. But all three knew queue. Good question and good players.

by Anonymousreply 3004/30/2021

I think they had enough time to run through the alphabet to discover "queue" if they didn't already know it. I know I did.

by Anonymousreply 3104/30/2021

So, no Jeopardy tonight because of the NFL Draft. 😡

by Anonymousreply 3204/30/2021

I just watched it. Final was easy. Andy was a doofus.

by Anonymousreply 3304/30/2021

R33 Some kind of cognitive impairment going on there, no? "What is rank below Duke?" "Duke!!", says Andy.

by Anonymousreply 3404/30/2021

I felt bad for the male contestant. Poor guy. He kept falling behind and coming back up.

by Anonymousreply 3504/30/2021

R35, He really embarrassed himself.

by Anonymousreply 3604/30/2021

A bit low-key for my taste, but otherwise BW was okay. Damned tall contestant, but he struck me as humorless.

by Anonymousreply 3705/03/2021

Bill Whitaker - "The Jeopardy! Whisperer"

by Anonymousreply 3805/03/2021

FJ was an easy one for me, surprised only the champ got it.

by Anonymousreply 3905/03/2021

I thought BW was a block of wood.

by Anonymousreply 4005/04/2021

He said he had only one day to rehearse and would have liked a second.

by Anonymousreply 4105/04/2021

Bill Whitaker is doing the same thing that Anderson Cooper did. After the contestant answers with a question, you don't know if its correct for the time it takes for the host to look down at the screen to see the answer. So you don't know if its correct or not. Just too slow. Bring back Aaron Rodgers.

by Anonymousreply 4205/04/2021

This guy is a dud!

by Anonymousreply 4305/04/2021

Alex would be cringing at some of these guest hosts.

by Anonymousreply 4405/04/2021

I never heard of this weeks host before now, and I expect I will never hear from him again after his stint is over

by Anonymousreply 4505/04/2021

Yep, r42 I notice he does that, too. But Katie was definitely the worst for that. Sometimes you could just tell in the pause that Katie thought they got it wrong, then..."Yes!"

by Anonymousreply 4605/04/2021

Latest reviews show Anderson Cooper had the lowest ratings of any host even Dr Oz. Ken Jennings has had the highest rating. After Bill Whitaker's 2 weeks then the hosts will be Jeopardy contestant Buzzy Cohen, then Mayim Bialik, Savannah Guthrie, Dr, Sanjay Gupta, and George Stephanopoulos. The final four guest hosts for the season will be Robin Roberts, Levar Burton, David Faber and Joe Buck.

by Anonymousreply 4705/04/2021

[quote]Latest reviews show Anderson Cooper had the lowest ratings of any host even Dr Oz. Ken Jennings has had the highest rating.

Yeah, the show is definitely going to Ken Jennings.

Not surprised about Blanderson. I’ve never liked him.

by Anonymousreply 4805/04/2021

[quote]Bring back Aaron Rodgers.

Aaron, go back to football practice.

by Anonymousreply 4905/04/2021

Totally blanked on FJ. In my mind I was following the Pacific from the Bering Strait around Asia then up Suez to the Bosphorus, which got me nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 5005/04/2021

It's definitely between Ken and LeVar.

by Anonymousreply 5105/04/2021

This latest host seems to have walked in and sucked all the energy off the stage. There's a reason game show hosts are just a bit hyper.

by Anonymousreply 5205/04/2021

R52 Who picked these guests hosts? Half of them suck assholes.

by Anonymousreply 5305/04/2021

R47, Why was comedian Dane Cook's name often mentioned as an upcoming guest host?

Not that I'm disappointed, I think he would have been awful.

by Anonymousreply 5405/04/2021

R47, Should I know who David Faber is?

by Anonymousreply 5505/04/2021

Sounds like the ratings have been steadily sinking.

I think it takes a while to get used to a host, and the constant changes are wearing thin.

by Anonymousreply 5605/04/2021

Would a loyal Jeopardy! viewer really not watch depending on who the guest host is?

by Anonymousreply 5705/04/2021

I think the constant changes are too much. Game shows are about consistency. Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy have benefitted from having longtime hosts.

WofF and Jeopardy air between 7:00 and 8:00 p.m. where I live -- dinner time for me. It really is comfort food.

by Anonymousreply 5805/04/2021

The idea is that they are stalling until the permanent host is a done deal. Never heard of Joe Buck (Faber, yes). BW is gonna be a looooooong 10 days; Buzzy will be quite a change! Jennings would be fine with me.

Knew most of the answers none of the three of them could get last night. Guessed Scott for final.

by Anonymousreply 5905/04/2021

R58 OMG where does it air that late?

by Anonymousreply 6005/04/2021

[quote]OMG where does it air that late?

R60 In the majority of the country, Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune air after the network news but before primetime programming -- 7-8 p.m. Eastern time, 6-7 p.m. Central time.

Website below has a breakdown of when Jeopardy airs in every market in America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6105/05/2021

R59, "Joe Buck" was the name of the character Jon Voight played in "Midnight Cowboy".

by Anonymousreply 6205/05/2021

NO to Jennings and NO to Levar. I favor the EP Mike Richards.

by Anonymousreply 6305/05/2021

Is Ken Jennings still under contract to that other show he was doing, "The Chase"? I wonder if he's already the chosen one, that is why they're doing all guest hosts this season. Waiting for him to be fully available.

by Anonymousreply 6405/05/2021

Thinking with your "smaller head" cuz he's hawt, R63?

by Anonymousreply 6505/05/2021

To all the LeVar zealots . . .

The man is simply not game show host material.

His face, his voice, his personality . . . No!

by Anonymousreply 6605/05/2021

R66 Agree wholeheartedly!

by Anonymousreply 6705/05/2021

Elliott was cute but not a good wager.

by Anonymousreply 6805/05/2021

Competitive game! Didn't get final, but Toulouse, yes. BW continues his sub-low-key hosting.

by Anonymousreply 6905/05/2021

R68, Elliott was a fool to bet so little. He knew by FJ that Jamie was very knowledgeable and a heavy better.

by Anonymousreply 7005/05/2021

Final was quite easy.

by Anonymousreply 7105/05/2021

Aaron Rodgers had the best ratings so far ( but by far was the worst host). I was prepared to not like Anderson, but he did a pretty good job. Watching Bill Whitaker is like watching paint dry.

by Anonymousreply 7205/05/2021

R72, I’d put Aaron at the middle of the pack. I thought Oz was much worse and I didn’t respond well to Katie.

by Anonymousreply 7305/05/2021

I was ready to dislike Anderson the moment he walked out on his first show with that blinding white hair and a blinding white shirt to match. No showboats on Jeopardy, please!

But the camera stayed off him and he wore well. Unlike the current host, who seems to be deathly afraid of waking up the audience he's put to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 7405/05/2021

For me it's been 1) Ken, 2) Aaron and 3) Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 7505/05/2021

On the Daily Fail all of the Deplorables are jumping up and down at Anderson’s bad ratings and keep bitching about how he deserves bad ratings for being from CNN.😑

by Anonymousreply 7605/05/2021

How strange that Anderson had the lowest ratings since I've found him the most engaging (along with Mike Richards and Ken Jennings).

I mentioned this on a previous thread, but the revolving door of hosts doesn't bother me. I just focus on the game. It's too bad the ratings are suffering though. I wonder if the people who stopped watching just don't like the show without Alex.

by Anonymousreply 7705/05/2021

I thought the FJ answer was from 1976 not 1977. Oops.

by Anonymousreply 7805/05/2021

Is Andy Cohen going to insist on hosting now that Anderson has?😂

by Anonymousreply 7905/05/2021

Aaron Rodgers was the best so far. I even liked Dr. Oz.

by Anonymousreply 8005/05/2021

Alex Trebek’s son will be the permanent host. Next season.

by Anonymousreply 8105/05/2021

Aaron Rodgers sucked. Ken was the best.

by Anonymousreply 8205/05/2021

R81, His son is hot. So is Tony Griffin, Merv's son.

by Anonymousreply 8305/05/2021

My favorite guest host is still Mike.

Of the rest, Anderson is my next favorite. He seemed the most comfortable with the role of host.

Aaron grew into the role. I ended up liking him more than I expected too.

Bill Whitaker is putting me to sleep!

by Anonymousreply 8405/06/2021

I wouldn't mind looking at Jon Hamm for two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 8505/06/2021

Wow! I thought we had the dumbest contestant ever a few weeks ago, but Kalee???? Wow!

And she looked and spoke like a two dollar hooker.

Apparently the Southern California contestant pool is getting very thin.

by Anonymousreply 8605/06/2021

Steve was hot. I was rooting for him

by Anonymousreply 8705/06/2021

Jamie and the Dim Bulbs should be a new sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 8805/06/2021

Sitting on my filibuster enjoying an 800 degree calzone!

(got final right away)

by Anonymousreply 8905/06/2021

Steve was cute but dumb. A lawyer who didn’t know that Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.’s father was a poet and an author. 🙄 And when asked about a motion to end debate — with the same name as a PIECE OF FURNITURE — he says “filibuster.” Oh, yes, please keep your feet off of the filibuster. 🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 9005/06/2021

Oh, and I forgot about the damn 800 degree calzone.

by Anonymousreply 9105/06/2021

Yeah, today's show will do wonders for the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 9205/06/2021

I thought Steve was cute - until that howler of a calzone guess, one of the dumbest responses of all time. Even little kids watching this show with their parents probably thought, "Wow, what an idiot!"

And the kicker is Steve's last name is "Bright."

by Anonymousreply 9305/06/2021

Steve lives in Norwell, Massachusetts, which is about 20 minutes away from me.

I doubt that he hosted a viewing party for friends and family tonight.

Here's an excerpt from his 2013 engagement announcement . . .

"The future groom is a graduate of Sharon High School, class of 2004, Connecticut College, class of 2008 where he was a government major. He received a J.D. from New England School of Law in 2011, and is an adjudications manager with the Boston Office of the Parking Clerk."

by Anonymousreply 9405/06/2021

[quote] received a J.D. from New England School of Law in 2011

For what it's worth, Jill could get accepted into the New England School of Law.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95Last Friday at 4:58 AM

Did he actually pass a bar exam?

by Anonymousreply 96Last Friday at 5:02 AM

R96, Branding himself a "lawyer" is a stretch.

" . . . is an adjudications manager with the Boston Office of the Parking Clerk."

In essence, he rules over parking violations in the city of Boston.

by Anonymousreply 97Last Friday at 5:16 AM

What is Jeopardy Thread 22? I can't believe no one has noticed.

by Anonymousreply 98Last Friday at 5:45 AM

That girl in the middle really made me think that for the first time in Jeopardy history - a contestant gave someone a blow job to get on the show. Keely? Kala? Whatever it was.

by Anonymousreply 99Last Friday at 6:38 AM

The show airs at 6 PM in my time zone.

It is exactly during dinner time. I love it .

It doesn’t matter who the host is... for now.

It’s interesting seeing all the different hosts bringing their little touches.

Anderson was one of the best yet low ratings for him? People are so stupid. Politicizing a fucking game show?

Deplorable scum.

by Anonymousreply 100Last Friday at 7:40 AM

All women have periods? Literal violence!

by Anonymousreply 101Last Friday at 7:43 AM

[quote] All women have periods? Literal violence!

Tell me about it...

by Anonymousreply 102Last Friday at 9:31 AM

[quote]Anderson was one of the best yet low ratings for him?

I suspect the ratings are just going down in general because the majority of the public don't like the revolving hosts. Falling ratings don't have as much to do with the specific guest host as they do with they fact the show is going this guest host route.

Viewers want stability. I suspect we'll hear that Bill Whitacker's rating are even lower than Anderson's were.

by Anonymousreply 103Last Friday at 1:28 PM

Tonight’s show was much better than last night’s train wreck. The two challengers got a lot of correct answers, and no one said anything as stunningly stupid as an 800 degree calzone.

by Anonymousreply 104Last Friday at 4:12 PM

Yeah, tonight went well. I was happy it was BW's last show; I'm sure he's a great journalist, but host... no.

I groaned when I missed Dom Perignon as it was so obvious!

by Anonymousreply 105Last Friday at 4:26 PM

[quote] I was happy it was BW's last show

Well, you’re going to be very disappointed on Monday. This was the end of his first week. He’s there through May 14.

by Anonymousreply 106Last Friday at 4:43 PM

Awwww.... thanks for the reminder

by Anonymousreply 107Last Friday at 4:50 PM

Anderson talked about himself too much! Bill Whitaker is so damn boring. I am not excited for Mayim fucking Bialik up next. When does LeVar come on?

by Anonymousreply 108Last Friday at 5:41 PM

I hate Bialik with the intensity of a thousand suns.

by Anonymousreply 109Last Friday at 6:34 PM

[quote]I hate Bialik with the intensity of a thousand suns.

I do too. Loved her on Blossom but that’s it. As a person in interviews, she is so pretentious.

by Anonymousreply 110Last Friday at 9:06 PM

Surprised Jamie guessed Macduff. She is super smart.

by Anonymousreply 111Last Friday at 9:11 PM

It was James Stuart as King of Scotland that was relevant, not as King of England, so the correct answer should have been James VI, not James I.

by Anonymousreply 112Last Friday at 9:24 PM

They probably would have taken either answer, as it was the same person.

by Anonymousreply 113Last Friday at 9:29 PM

Yes, I suppose the answer is technically correct as long as they have unambiguously specified the correct individual. Still, style matters to some.

by Anonymousreply 114Last Friday at 9:34 PM

When will Alex host again? He was the best!

by Anonymousreply 115Last Saturday at 2:20 AM

Here's the list through the summer. I guess that means they could select a new permanent host by the fall?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116Last Saturday at 2:56 AM

Cooper's ratings were down solely because of politics. Just as people boycotted Dr. Oz's weeks because of his medical statements, they boycotted Cooper because of his political views. Personally, I think he's been the best so far.

I really don't think Whitaker is that bad, but he's got such a soft voice it detracts from his positives.

by Anonymousreply 117Last Saturday at 5:06 AM

Just what are those positives? Apart from being able to cure insomnia.

by Anonymousreply 118Last Saturday at 5:09 AM

Is Bill Whitaker related to Ben Carson? They appear to have the same energy level...

by Anonymousreply 119Last Saturday at 5:14 AM

According to the article, "[T]he executive producer and recent guest host Mike Richards has said that the heads of Sony Entertainment will soon have to make a decision. Mike shared these details during the Wall Street Journal's podcast, The Journal. He said that when the filming for Season 38 starts this summer, the next official host will be at the helm. Mike also added that the choice will be announced in late July or early August. However, Richards added that the Jeopardy! executives plan on making an informed decision since they are a 'pretty cerebral group.' He also explained that fan input will have an effect on further planning."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120Last Saturday at 5:27 AM

I dunno if I could deal with their buckling over Burton's rabid fan base - mega ugh!!!

by Anonymousreply 121Last Saturday at 8:53 AM

Yeah, the fallout from the Burton fans- if he is not chosen - will be insane.

by Anonymousreply 122Last Saturday at 12:24 PM

According to the schedule at r116's link, once we get into July, the guest hosts will only be on for a week.

George Stephanopoulos, Robin Roberts, LeVar Burton, David Farber and Joe Buck are all just listed to be on for a week.

by Anonymousreply 123Last Saturday at 12:33 PM

One week is enough time for the Le Var Loonies to bully Jeopardy into picking him.

by Anonymousreply 124Last Saturday at 1:00 PM

LeVar's week is in late July. I imagine the Sony execs will have already made up their mind who the new host will be by that point, although they likely won't announce the new host until the end of July, just before taping on the new season starts.

Of the many people serving as guest hosts since January, most already have other jobs and aren't available to serve as the permanent host. Anderson Cooper is not going to give up his CNN gig to become Jeopardy host. Aaron Rogers is not going to give up quaterbacking to be host, Savanah Guthrie isn't ditching her Today gig to become Jeopardy host.

by Anonymousreply 125Last Saturday at 1:12 PM

Exactly. Burton needs the work and America loves a comeback story. None of the other candidates are that exceptional that they shouldn't go with him. Anderson Cooper already has like 4 other jobs.

by Anonymousreply 126Last Saturday at 1:14 PM

Oz, Katie and Bill are out because they were dreadful. Ken doesn't want to spend the rest of his life as a game show host. That leaves Mike, which is fine by me.

by Anonymousreply 127Last Saturday at 1:21 PM

Aaron has said he'd take the job.

by Anonymousreply 128Last Saturday at 1:35 PM

I believe Buzzy Cohen will be refreshing.

by Anonymousreply 129Last Saturday at 9:18 PM

Thankfully, they did not invite Matt Jackson to guest host.

by Anonymousreply 130Last Saturday at 9:19 PM

Buzzy Cohen is so freaking homely!!! Gross.

by Anonymousreply 131Last Sunday at 12:59 AM

Buzzy'll be fun.

Now, if like Aaron or Anderson say you were completely set money- and career-wise, why would you possibly sign up for a decade or two hosting Jeopardy?

It's no doubt fun for a couple of weeks, but long-term there's no challenge at all to the job.

It's Groundhog Day personified.

by Anonymousreply 132Last Sunday at 1:09 AM

Maybe Aaron is getting tired of football? He's made enough out of it to last a few lifetimes.

by Anonymousreply 133Last Sunday at 4:44 AM

Compare Jeopardy with TPIR. The host there, whether Bob or Drew, is actively involved in the game -- the star of the show actually -- and there's a lot of variety in the game. A fun gig for the right person.

Jeopardy is the same old thing over and again, with the host pretending to be smart when everyone knows he has the answers and the side comments right there in front of him. Apart from the money, what's the attraction of the job?

by Anonymousreply 134Last Sunday at 4:55 AM

R131, I find him attractive.

by Anonymousreply 135Last Sunday at 4:57 AM

R132 R134 So Alex had a horrible life with a boring "career"?

I think all "real jobs" have a lot of routine in it, but being on camera host of a quiz show like Jeopardy has less than most. All the glam/tedious details and variables of TV production and continually changing selection of new "customers" (contestants) and forever seeing a range of new categories - history, art, media, wordplay and languages, geography, science, music, popular culture etc. etc. National media reactions to what you and the show are doing.

More variation and stimulation than a lawyer, accountant, real estate salesperson, etc.

by Anonymousreply 136Last Sunday at 6:46 AM

Nobody said it's a "horrible" career, simply that once you look into it there's not much there. Sure, beats most other routine jobs. But not high-flying ones.

Anderson Cooper thinks of himself as Mike Wallace. No comparison there with Alex. Ditto a lawyer like David Boies. No comparison there with Alex, either.

by Anonymousreply 137Last Sunday at 6:58 AM

Champion Austin isn't on the list, I hope.....I'm afraid to look.

by Anonymousreply 138Last Sunday at 7:00 AM

No, Art. He's never been mentioned (though I like him).

by Anonymousreply 139Last Sunday at 4:29 PM

I can't believe people are talking about Rodgers as a permanent host. Granted , he had high ratings because he is a football superstar, but he had to be the worst host (okay, Bill Whitaker is giving him a run for his money). Imagine listening to that dry monotone day after day.

by Anonymousreply 140Last Sunday at 5:10 PM

It's like the autism olympics with these hosts. Who can make eye contact the longest?

by Anonymousreply 141Last Sunday at 6:31 PM

I hate to admit it but Anderson Cooper has been the most competent and unobtrusive guest host thus far. He will not want the job so Producer Mike or Ken for the win.

by Anonymousreply 142Last Monday at 12:32 AM

We haven't talked about it much, but the Sony people are no doubt concerned about the show's demographics -- the average viewer age is about 65 -- and will be looking for a somewhat youthful host to broaden the show's appeal. Anderson, Katie, Oz and Bill don't do that.

by Anonymousreply 143Last Monday at 12:46 AM

I thought that FJ American history answer/question was easy tonight, but only one contestant got it completely right.

by Anonymousreply 144Last Monday at 8:08 PM

R144 Partially right never really counts.

by Anonymousreply 145Last Monday at 8:30 PM

R144, I thought it was obvious. Surprised the champ got it wrong, but she won anyway.

Bill Whitaker is so bland, bring on Buzzy!

by Anonymousreply 146Last Monday at 8:42 PM

r144 Yes, it was obviously Washington and Adams. No doubt. Don't know why others were throwing Jefferson in there. He was the third president.

by Anonymousreply 147Last Tuesday at 5:16 PM

I'm always amazed when the FJ is a biblical topic. I know nothing about it. Tonight, two contestants got it right. Good for them.

by Anonymousreply 148Last Tuesday at 5:22 PM

New champ Jeff seems much too tough on himself when he responds incorrectly.

by Anonymousreply 14921 hours ago

I can see thinking they were notifying the winner and loser of the election as opposed to the winner and his veep. Of course, Jefferson was not the loser. Washington was unopposed.

by Anonymousreply 15018 hours ago

I like the new champ. I won’t miss Jeff’s sighs.

by Anonymousreply 15112 hours ago

Jeff gave me anxiety with all his reactions. I mean, I get it, it meant a big deal to him but it was uncomfortable to watch him sigh or roll his eyes or beat himself up.

by Anonymousreply 15212 hours ago

R151 It was very neurotic. Seeing that on the first date one would assure there is no second.

by Anonymousreply 15312 hours ago

Ha ha Jeff. Bye bye. He was annoying.

by Anonymousreply 1549 hours ago

R152, I wouldn't want to be one of his students.

by Anonymousreply 1558 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!