Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fleetwood Mac Have Reconciled with Lindsay Buckingham

Now can Miss Nicks quit being a cunt and realize they’re getting closer to becoming plant food and to get along already?! How many times is this bitch going to act like she has many more years to make amends? She admitted a few years ago that she’s still holding grudges against him from a million years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143June 8, 2021 8:50 PM

Seemed like a better idea than a NFT with some dude from Tik Tok

by Anonymousreply 1April 25, 2021 6:24 AM

None of them can sing anymore so it's a moot point. Stevie especially sounds like an oooooooooold lady droooooooooning on in a 2 note range.

by Anonymousreply 2April 25, 2021 6:25 AM

She’s a sawed-off goat warbler.

by Anonymousreply 3April 25, 2021 6:26 AM

Lindsay's song "You Do Or You Don't" is an early version of "Bleed To Love Her"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 25, 2021 6:28 AM

R2 I just saw them two years ago and Stevie sounded great.

by Anonymousreply 5April 25, 2021 6:29 AM

Bleed To Love Her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 25, 2021 6:29 AM

I wish their publicist would tell them they are way to old for that drama.

by Anonymousreply 7April 25, 2021 6:29 AM

This band will never truly make amends.

They will implode again.

by Anonymousreply 8April 25, 2021 6:31 AM

Lindsey is kind of a simp cuck for Stevie, no?

by Anonymousreply 9April 25, 2021 6:32 AM

I feel bad for Christine and Jon. being in a band with three world class prima donnas (Stevie, Lindsey, Mick) must have been hard. If Christine had been slightly more attractive and charismatic she'd be a household name like Elton John. She's one of the best British singer songwriters ever but is virtually anonymous.

R9 Stevie has Mick wrapped around her finger cuz she brings the big bucks to the stadium shows. Lots of guys back in the day would have jumped off a cliff for her. Now, not so much. Only Mick.

by Anonymousreply 10April 25, 2021 6:41 AM

So what happens to Neil Finn?

by Anonymousreply 11April 25, 2021 7:10 AM

[quote]So what happens to Neil Finn?

He gets to know the feeling of liberation and release.

by Anonymousreply 12April 25, 2021 9:01 AM

I'm so excited I could shit.

by Anonymousreply 13April 25, 2021 9:57 AM

[quote] Lindsey is kind of a simp cuck for Stevie, no?

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 14April 25, 2021 10:02 AM

Jimmy Iovine was the dude Stevie really walked all over. I loved how on Stern he explained how Stevie and he schemed to get a song from Tom Petty on her album. Got to hand it to her she eventually did worm her way into Tom Petty's life whether he wanted it or not.

[quote]But at least the session produced one good anecdote. “I do remember trying to talk Lindsey into joining the band that night,” he says. “Stevie [Nicks] wasn’t playing with them at the time, so I said, ‘Why don’t you just join our band and get the heat off of me?’ I never wanted to be the front guy – I got that job and I’ve been stuck with it ever since.”

[quote]Buckingham’s bandmate had a different vision: Stevie Nicks, Petty says, was dying to join the band. “Oh, she wouldn’t quit,” Petty says. “Stevie showed up at my house every night for a year – maybe more.” But Petty was firm: “There’s no girls in the Heartbreakers.” Nicks followed them on tour anyway – “every fucking night,” Petty says. “ ’Stevie’s in room so-and-so.’ ‘Stevie wants a song.’ We gave her a hard fucking time: ‘No way you’re coming to a session. Look at the fucking clothes you’ve got on.’ The fact that she stuck around was amazing.” (They eventually did team up for what would be one of the all-time great rock duets: “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around.”)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 25, 2021 8:06 PM

R15 Her stalking was off the charts.

by Anonymousreply 16April 25, 2021 8:49 PM

Steve Nicks fucked all of The Eagles. I wonder if she just hiked her skirt up and let them ride a train.

by Anonymousreply 17April 25, 2021 10:45 PM

Fleetwood Mac the band hasn't reconciled with Lindsey Buckingham. Mick has. Stevie is the one who needs to reconcile with him if they are going to play or tour together as a band again. Mick would love nothing more for that to happen.

by Anonymousreply 18April 26, 2021 3:45 AM

R18 Which means its ovah. Pack up your drum kit, Mick.

by Anonymousreply 19April 26, 2021 3:55 AM

Mick Fleetwood really is dumb.

by Anonymousreply 20April 26, 2021 3:56 AM

R19, I don't know. I'm not convinced that Stevie won't accept him back at some point. I'd even count on there being at least some one-off concert with Christine, John, Mick, Lindsey, and Stevie within the next few years.

by Anonymousreply 21April 26, 2021 3:58 AM

R21 probably not. I think she wanted Fleetwood Mac to be done so she could focus on doing solo stuff. She effectively killed Christine's comeback. So much for girl power.

by Anonymousreply 22April 26, 2021 9:30 PM

Stevie Nicks now looks like a Stevie Nicks impersonator performing karaoke at '70s night down by the Cracker Barrel. Get a new outfit grandma.

by Anonymousreply 23April 27, 2021 8:56 PM

I'd much rather see Stevie Nicks solo tour than ANOTHER Fleetwood Mac tour.

B O R I N G

by Anonymousreply 24April 27, 2021 9:39 PM

Jesus Christ, is that cunt Mick Fleetwood broke again?

by Anonymousreply 25April 27, 2021 9:40 PM

R24 tour what? she hasn't made any new music in 10 years

by Anonymousreply 26April 27, 2021 11:27 PM

They should lip-synch

by Anonymousreply 27April 27, 2021 11:53 PM

Mick Fleetwood is such a great drummer. John McVie is an excellent bassist. Christine doesn't get credit for her piano playing, and Lindsey is a world class guitarist. Their talent is all wasted on the throngs of dopey homos and mentally stunted suburbanites who show to concerts up dressed as witches because they worship Nicks like a goddess for the top hats, chiffon and lyrics about moons, magic spells and witches. Seriously Fleetwood Mac concert might smell worse than Grateful Dead concerts. At least at Grateful Dead concerts you don't have to deal with drunk sisters of the moon or step in gypsy puke. If they played smaller venues without Stevie "two note range" Nicks and played instrumental versions of songs like Over My Head and Oh Daddy, I'd be one happy gay.

by Anonymousreply 28April 28, 2021 2:06 AM

Fleetwood Mac isn't doing anything. Stevie crowned herself the queen she makes all the decisions now, like basically turning Fleetwood Mac into The Heartbreakers and not recording any new music. The deaths of Danny Kirwan in 2018 and Peter Green in 2020 has made Mick Fleetwood change his position and Mick wants to record again. Christine is refusing to do anything without Lindsey on board. Stevie won't budge, its essentially a stalemate. Despite the narrative pushed by Stevie stans, the rest of them didn't want Lindsey to go and Christine was especially pissed off by Stevie's machinations. Also Stevie and Christine were not buddy-buddy back in the day. Stevie has always primarily sucked up (and in many cases sucked off) Mick because he was the boss. Now she's the boss.

by Anonymousreply 29May 2, 2021 8:51 PM

R28 has stated her boundaries

by Anonymousreply 30May 2, 2021 9:08 PM

YAWN

by Anonymousreply 31May 2, 2021 10:16 PM

R31 yet you post ITT

by Anonymousreply 32May 2, 2021 10:29 PM

No, they haven’t. Tour will not happen.

by Anonymousreply 33May 2, 2021 10:36 PM

R33 "they" as in Stevie only. She does not want to record an album with Fleetwood Mac or solo. She is in classic rock oldies mode and just wants to play the hits. She's been trying to get herself a Vogue cover for the past 2 years but Dame Anna Wintour isn't having it.

by Anonymousreply 34May 2, 2021 10:39 PM

[QUOTE] She's been trying to get herself a Vogue cover for the past 2 years but Dame Anna Wintour isn't having it.

the time for that is long gone, She’s 72 now and very puffy and paunchy. She should rest on her laurels of having that gorgeous Rolling Stone cover a few years ago with the hat.

by Anonymousreply 35May 3, 2021 2:37 AM

R35 Have you seen Vogue covers from the past few years? Lizzo got a Vogue cover. I can see Vogue putting Cher or Dolly Parton on the cover but Stevie Nicks is a tier lower in fame than those two.

by Anonymousreply 36May 3, 2021 2:58 AM

[QUOTE] Stevie Nicks is a tier lower in fame than those two.

Yes and no. Dolly and Cher are more well known, but among the people that DO know Stevie Nicks, she’s transcended regular rock stardom and has some kind of mythical quality to her now. A lot of people act in awe of her, maybe not so much for the music which isn’t everyone’s cup of tea (Dolly’s isn’t my cup of tea, btw) but for her witchy image, longevity, and her survivor-dom.

Fun fact though, Stevie somehow could afford to retain Liz Rosenberg prior to Liz’s retirement a few years back. Liz also represented Madonna, Cher, and I think Streisand. I think having Liz helped open a lot of doors for Stevie during the years she worked with her, and helped move her out of the burnt-out rock and roll causality period of Stevie’s career to her triumphant comeback in 1997 with The Dance.

by Anonymousreply 37May 3, 2021 9:46 AM

R37 You're right. Stevie has fewer fan and is less well known but her stans are the sort of people who send letters in blood and who would drink her piss.

by Anonymousreply 38May 3, 2021 9:55 AM

They're in their 70s. It's amazing that rock stars can carry on with their silly dramas publicly without people seeing them as old people squabbling in the craft room of a Sunrise retirement community.

People's lives and relationships obviously matter to them, but it seems bizarre that anyone in the public would be invested in interpersonal dramas of elderly narcissists.

by Anonymousreply 39May 3, 2021 10:07 AM

[quote] Fun fact though, Stevie somehow could afford to retain Liz Rosenberg prior to Liz’s retirement a few years back.

The somehow is that Stevie's reported net worth is between $75 and $120 million. I know someone who used to work with her decades ago and she still flies them and others around the world—Paris, Australia, etc.—on private jets, all expenses paid.

by Anonymousreply 40May 3, 2021 10:11 AM

For years her net worth was estimated to be around $75 million which is rich, but not ‘buy-a-penthouse-on-57th-in-NYC’ rich like J Lo or Madonna. I understand she sold the rights to her music though recently, to the tune of like $100 million so I guess now she’s much richer. Then again, she has no husband and kids, and doesn’t have expensive hobbies like buying cars and properties, so her overhead is low.

by Anonymousreply 41May 3, 2021 10:24 AM

R41 Stevie seems so California, I can't even imagine her in an NYC penthouse. Maybe London.

I both love and hate when people are always ranking everything relative to others—"$75 million is a lot, but compared to $500 million, it's a pittance." Capitalism never fails to creep me out. Super-wealthy people have an endless hunger to be wealthier just for the sake of owning more than the next richest people do.

by Anonymousreply 42May 3, 2021 10:47 AM

Yes they’re as bad as any addict. A hoarder of wealth

by Anonymousreply 43May 3, 2021 10:52 AM

If Mick can hire people to replace Lindsey for a tour, why can't he hire people to replace Stevie for a tour? Wynonna Judd could get up there and twirl around, the crowd would love it.

by Anonymousreply 44May 3, 2021 12:48 PM

[quote] Then again, she has no husband and kids, and doesn’t have expensive hobbies

You don’t consider having coke blown up your lady parts as being expensive?

by Anonymousreply 45May 3, 2021 1:05 PM

Supposedly she gave that up after Betty Ford, that’s the mythology she touts on interviews. She does admit she spent “gazillions of dollars” on cocaine though, and would be “much richer” today if she hadn’t. But you can never believe everything she says in interviews, supposedly she cleaned up for the recording of “Tango In The Night” but Mick has recently said that his and Stevie’s coke use was at their worst point ever in 1987 during the recording that Lindsey made them stay in a camper parked in his driveway.

by Anonymousreply 46May 3, 2021 1:31 PM

R46 Stevie called herself a 'rock and roll nun' a few years ago and played down her pretty well documented chaotic druggy nymphomania. I don't take Stevie, Mick, or Lindsey at their word. They all have their own agendas and their preferred telling of stories are about as solid as sandcastles. I get whiplash from reading Stevie Nicks interviews. She cannot keep her stories straight and always spins the narrative that she was a poor, innocent ingénue when in fact she partied just as hard as the guys. Mick changes his story based on whether he think Stevie or Lindsey can make him more money at that given moment. Lindsey either lies or doesn't remember how difficult he was in the studio. He tried to play off his manic, coked up , head shaved Tusk years as wanting an image change, lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 3, 2021 5:57 PM

R47 That's odd. She did an episode of "Oprah's Masterclass" in which she talked about lessons she has learned in her lifetime, and a lot of it was about having taken so many drugs and then she talked about how a therapist almost killed her with Klonopin and she said that Klonopin is so much more dangerous than cocaine, if I am remembering correctly.

I agree with her about benzos being harmful but I was surprised that a network would broadcast life advice from someone that sounded like it amounted to "do coke and run away from drugs prescribed by psychiatrists."

I've never taken cocaine and I think of it as a very harmful drug, but I have to say, I really do think that within the next few decades, a lot of pharmaceutical drugs doled out for anxiety are going to prove to have been dangerous, too.

Here's a clip I found from ABC that's similar to the Oprah episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 3, 2021 6:09 PM

Perfect. They’ll all go on tour and will hopefully plunge to their deaths in a fiery plane crash..

by Anonymousreply 49May 3, 2021 8:23 PM

Lindsey and Stevie will not be in the same room together. Trust me. Tour is not going happen.

by Anonymousreply 50May 3, 2021 9:01 PM

[quote] “They were full-on jealous. And you know what? I should have cared less.” “They” as in the band members or the producers? “Oh, all of them. They hated that kind of confidence in a woman. People would say to me: ‘It would be very hard to be Mr Stevie Nicks.’ And I’m going: well, yeah, probably, unless you were just a really nice guy that was really confident in himself, not jealous of me, liked my friends, enjoyed my crazy life and had fun with it. And, of course, there are very few men like that. I’m an independent woman and am able to take care of myself, and that is not attractive to men.”

[quote]“Oh, that one was a – excuse my language – fuck-you to Mick,” she says, referring to her affair with Fleetwood. “I sat at my piano, a feminist woman, and I wrote it, to say that nothing you or anybody else can do to me can change the fact that, as the opening line goes: ‘Every night that goes between / I feel a little less.’” A song about independence, I say. “Freedom,” she says. “I am a totally free woman, and I am independent, and that’s exactly what I always wanted to be.”

She's a delusional brat.

by Anonymousreply 51May 3, 2021 9:14 PM

R50, more info please.

by Anonymousreply 52May 3, 2021 10:27 PM

Lindsey punched Stevie in the face.

by Anonymousreply 53May 3, 2021 10:31 PM

He has always been physically abusive to her.

by Anonymousreply 54May 3, 2021 10:31 PM

Stevie has attacked Lindsey

by Anonymousreply 55May 3, 2021 10:40 PM

Lindsey did not punch Stevie in the face. She jumped him chased him out of Christine's car and then he threw her down on the hood of a car. She attacked him because he wanted to leave Fleetwood Mac.

by Anonymousreply 56May 3, 2021 10:43 PM

(R55) It’s just too toxic.

by Anonymousreply 57May 3, 2021 10:44 PM

Stevie and Lindsay hate each other. Covid and their hatred of each other = no tour.

by Anonymousreply 58May 3, 2021 10:44 PM

R56 *Christine's car

They are both cunts but Stevie stans thinks she's a perfect pwincess

by Anonymousreply 59May 3, 2021 10:46 PM

Stevie apparently still thinks she's 30, cute, and worth the trouble.

by Anonymousreply 60May 3, 2021 10:54 PM

Don’t make me get my high heeled kickin’ boots out r60! Your cunt bone is in danger gurl!

by Anonymousreply 61May 3, 2021 11:09 PM

^^^ Pssh -- like you can get that old leg up that high again, Stevie! 1977 was 44 years ago!

by Anonymousreply 62May 3, 2021 11:12 PM

Do👏🏾Not👏🏾Give👏🏾These👏🏾Ancient👏🏾Whores👏🏾Another👏🏾 Dime👏🏾Or👏🏾Thought👏🏾

by Anonymousreply 63May 3, 2021 11:14 PM

Do👏🏾Not👏🏾Give👏🏾These👏🏾Ancient👏🏾Whores👏🏾Another👏🏾Dime👏🏾Or👏🏾Thought👏🏾

by Anonymousreply 64May 3, 2021 11:17 PM

Stevie's Klonopin intake was bad. You can see it mostly n Timespace era interviews. She's pretty much immovable on a couch with her lips talking. She looks so listless.

She says she was taking something like eight a day, but says she didn't know what was wrong with her until she fell down at a party and smashed her head against a fireplace and didn't feel a thing. It kind of surprised me that she didn't think taking eight pills of anything a day wouldn't raise red flags, but then, I'm in not Hollywood either.

by Anonymousreply 65May 3, 2021 11:18 PM

Stevie is very well known to the younger crowd these days. That's partly why she was able to get into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a second time! She's an icon and clearly the most famous member of Fleetwood Mac.

She also looks great for her age. I think she could still pass for late thirties!

by Anonymousreply 66May 3, 2021 11:20 PM

R66 She's most famous for her image nowadays. The default quirky alt chick of the later half of the 2010s is/was sort of a '70s bohemian throwback - the witchiness, the suede boots, the chiffon, the top cats, horoscopes, macramé, feathered hair. Stevie should be sending Ryan Murphy big fat checks for making her hip again.

by Anonymousreply 67May 3, 2021 11:39 PM

I don't care what Stevie says, Lindsey was hawt in the 1980s. When he had a good stylist, he could do no wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 4, 2021 12:59 AM

Hawt Lindsey in the 80s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 4, 2021 1:00 AM

R68 R69 Your link doesn't work. I disagree about Lindsey looking hawt in the 80s. Lindsey always dressed pretty stupid. When he shaved the beard he looked like a totally different person and he was pretty obviously trying to distance himself from the Rumours image. His gay little Huckleberry Finn outfit is forever memorialized on the Mirage tour footage.

by Anonymousreply 70May 4, 2021 1:37 AM

Natural 70s Lindsey was way hotter; his 80s look, with the eyeliner, over-plucked brows, and fedora pinned to his head, was just tragic.

The free-balling during concerts was hot, though.

by Anonymousreply 71May 4, 2021 1:57 AM

R71 He looked fucking ridiculous with the eyeliner, the curly hair and the fedora. No one looks cool shredding with a fedora. Stevie sang horribly over the two nights it was filmed which is probably why it will never be remastered and rereleased.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 4, 2021 4:11 AM

she never looked better though R72. I disagree about her vocals, her “Gypsy” was unlistenable on this special but her supporting vocals for “The Chain” make that song rock.

by Anonymousreply 73May 4, 2021 9:43 AM

Stevie is a road warrior and at her happiest when she’s on stage. The lure of cash, fan adoration and avoidance of old age loneliness will make her agree to anything which means she will ultimately cave to one last “farewell” tour with Lindsay on stage. They will indulge fans in the bullshit with Landslide (“thank you, Lindsay” “thank you, Stevie”) and fans will be happy for it. It’s ridiculous to think they won’t be on stage together one last time. They might be in their early 80s when it happens, but it’s a feat a complí.

by Anonymousreply 74May 4, 2021 10:12 AM

All I know is that rock stars have really conquered pop culture when they're in their 70s and can still command headlines and debates with petty relationship dramas.

by Anonymousreply 75May 4, 2021 10:45 AM

Stevie is a real cunt for putting the kibosh on new Christine McVie music because her ego can't handle that she has dried up and the rest of them want to make new music. That's why I laugh when casual fans think that Stevie and Christine were such great friends and are friends to this day. That's Stevie preferred faux feminist narrative but it's not the truth. That cozy relationship ended when 1) Stevie fucked Mick 2) During the Mirage tour cunt Stevie got her manager to get her a larger percent of touring revenue 3) when cunt Stevie was a drugged up mess during the Tango tour.

by Anonymousreply 76May 4, 2021 5:27 PM

yeah I never believed that story she began pushing about hers and Christine’s great friendship. They were friends during the first two tours but after that they were just business. Stevie acted as if Christine had never toured before when they announced she was coming back, meanwhile Christine was touring in the 60s with Chicken Shack.

by Anonymousreply 77May 4, 2021 5:36 PM

R77 When Christine returned to the band Stevie swiftly adopted a 'boo men bad, Christine and I were the band, we were feminist crusaders' narrative that's popular with imbeciles. I think she thought she could get Christine on her side or at least use the media to make it look like Christine and her were on the same page so that when she did have Lindsey fired it would look like all of them wanted him gone. That was the story many people went with in 2018 including that cunt hack writer Stephen Davis. That backfired, of course, when Lindsey pretty cuntingly revealed the private letter that Christine sent him in his lawsuit. He was a massive cunt for doing that but it made his ass look better. Christine is nearly 80 years and her last official album with the Mac was 30 years ago.

What a bunch of cunts.

by Anonymousreply 78May 4, 2021 6:00 PM

R78- Agreed.

And honestly Christine should have zero fucks to give. She is as rich as Croesus has a face that looks like a tree stump that could stop an entire clock factory. No small feat. And her voice is SHOT.

She should have stood up for Lindsay. Now THAT would have been awesome.

They truly are all cunts. Even John- I hate passive dullards like him. But he is by far the most likable.

Stevie is just a horrible sow. A delusional egotist.

by Anonymousreply 79May 4, 2021 6:05 PM

Looks like the afternoon entertainment at a nursing home.

by Anonymousreply 80May 4, 2021 6:39 PM

DL is the nursing home

by Anonymousreply 81May 4, 2021 8:43 PM

Christine may be ugly but at least got to fuck Dennis Wilson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 4, 2021 9:18 PM

R82- So true. Damn he was fine.

Maybe he triple bagged her so he didn't have to see her face.

by Anonymousreply 83May 4, 2021 9:26 PM

After dating Christine Dennis married and had a child with Mike Love's bastard daughter who was a teenager at the time. For those that don't know, Mike Love was his cousin.

by Anonymousreply 84May 7, 2021 10:10 PM

Christine looks like Donatella, if Donatella were a stoner dyke who skipped the cosmetic surgeries and strap-on sunlamp.

by Anonymousreply 85May 7, 2021 10:48 PM

Christine must have been a sun worshipper too, because her skin looks like tanned leather.

by Anonymousreply 86May 8, 2021 12:42 AM

I honestly can't believe anyone from that lineup is still alive. Statistically *consults actuarial table* at least two of them should be dead.

by Anonymousreply 87May 9, 2021 1:06 AM

Tom Petty should have told Stevie Nicks to fuck off and leave him alone. I guess he didn't have the balls. Or maybe she was good at cocksucking and he couldn't resist her charms in that regard. Anyway, if she behaved the way he said she did then she's crazy as shit.

Here's something interesting I saw in a recent bit about Buckingham where he talks about not getting "closure" in his tortured relationship with Nicks:

Speaking in a new interview, Buckingham, who was fired from the band in April 2018, discussed his relationship with Nicks and reflected on not getting any closure after their fallout.

“And really, again, that was part of the deal with Stevie and me was that we had to spend an awful lot of time together without ever having gotten closure from each other,” he told Nile Rodgers on his Apple Music 1 show Deep Hidden Meaning Radio With Nile Rodgers.

Buckingham continued: “Most people, when they break up, they don’t see each other for a long time or maybe ever again. But you’re not constantly having to not only see someone but, in my case, make the choice to do right for someone when I didn’t always feel that I wanted to, you know?

“In order to take a song of hers, like ‘Dreams’, which needed so much construction around it to take those same two chords and make them evolve from section A to section B to section C. And the love and the choice to do the right thing and to have the integrity to do that. It comes at a price sometimes, you know? It comes at the price of having your defenses come up, and sometimes over a period of time, it’s hard to get those down.

by Anonymousreply 88May 9, 2021 1:29 AM

Hmm.. R88- Very cool. I had not read this interview..

by Anonymousreply 89May 9, 2021 1:35 AM

He covers the exact same topics almost word for word in every interview. It's a script because he can't hold spontaneous conversations due to having ASD.

by Anonymousreply 90May 9, 2021 1:52 AM

it must have burned him to have Warner Brothers tell him in 1987, “look we realize Stevie is going through a tough time BUT, there’s no record without her. That’s right, we’re not going to support it. So not only are you going to have to make it work, BUT you will also have to help create a big single from a song she brought in, AND she has to appear prominently on album art AND she has to appear in your video for “Big Love”. Or no album.”

must have been galling.

by Anonymousreply 91May 9, 2021 9:18 AM

Yeah, I'm sure it was and is difficult for him to have to swallow his pride, but at some point you grow up and act gracious. Remember how his reaction to Stevie's speech at that Music Cares event is supposedly what set her off? Before the speeches, the band was to play a few songs, and he freaked out backstage because Rhiannon came on the loudspeaker as entrance music and he supposedly thought the song they played should have represented the whole band better. Please. It's petty and jealous bullshit, especially for someone over the age of 70. He could grow up and be genuinely happy for her, but he won't. She could also choose not play into the power play games and just roll her eyes at him, but she doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 92May 9, 2021 2:09 PM

Stevie has a habit of being very unprofessional and then using her star power to get her way. And you know what that opening song should have been The Chain. It was supposed to be The Chain but Stevie wormily got them to change it. As much as Lindsey is a pain, she's not the band.

by Anonymousreply 93May 9, 2021 3:09 PM

R93, do you actually know that to be true? I've never heard that before. I don't trust any pro-Lindsey stories because he has these legions of fan girls (women, really) all over the internet who simply cannot see how his behavior has rubbed people the wrong way. They hate Stevie Nicks and see Lindsey as a complete innocent victim. Both Stevie and Lindsey contribute to their dynamic.

by Anonymousreply 94May 9, 2021 3:22 PM

R94 Lindsey barely has fans and his fans skew male. Stevie has the same sort of fan girls who think Stevie is a tragic heroine rather than a victim of her own narcissism and greed. Like most musicians, they're shitty people. I work(ed) adjacent to the industry and that's the version of the Musicares story that I was told: Stevie's people deviously had the music changed and Lindsey petulantly made a stink about it. People this old should not be behaving this way. Of course you'll never hear the real story because of all the NDAs flying around. Geez get some fucking therapy.

by Anonymousreply 95May 9, 2021 3:50 PM

R94 if you're referring to The Ledge, yes that place is a pit of hell but it's really only 30-40 people screaming at each other.

by Anonymousreply 96May 9, 2021 3:51 PM

[quote] Dreams’, which needed so much construction around it to take those same two chords and make them evolve from section A to section B to section C. And the love and the choice to do the right thing and to have the integrity to do that.

Stevie is a narcissistic diva for sure, but it would be hard to be around someone who makes backhanded statements like this.

by Anonymousreply 97May 9, 2021 4:06 PM

R97 Stevie has passive aggressively crapped on his music before too. I believe she said that he needed to take a melody pill or something to that degree. I think I'd pay more money to see Fleetwood Mac with just the Brits than the two shit stirring Americans.

by Anonymousreply 98May 9, 2021 4:10 PM

Lindsey defo needs to come out of the Asperger's closet. People in the industry know he has it. Elon Musk just 'came out'.

by Anonymousreply 99May 9, 2021 4:24 PM

He's always gone out of his way to minimize her talents and contributions to the band. It's also a backhanded way of trying to minimize her successful solo career as well.

I don't think he's ever gotten over her huge success right from the start with Bella Donna hitting number one and being the first member of Fleetwood Mac to get her own cover. But with all the shit Stevie gets for being a diva, etc, she could have left Fleetwood Mac for good at that moment. But she chose to stay with them out of loyalty. That speaks volumes about her character.

by Anonymousreply 100May 9, 2021 4:27 PM

He acted like a brat in the documentary they did for “Say You Will”.

by Anonymousreply 101May 9, 2021 4:29 PM

OP is full of shit. He has not reconciled with the entire band.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 9, 2021 4:32 PM

I thought was pissed Stevie off was that she was giving a speech and Buckingham started clowning around in the back of her.

And sorry, but Rhiannon is one of their signature songs. The Chain is good, but if they were going with a song that most people would associate with Fleetwood Mac, Rhiannon would make more sense.

by Anonymousreply 103May 9, 2021 4:34 PM

R100 I can't speak to her motives but sticking around Fleetwood Mac could be read as an act of ego. If her solo career started to fail (which it did by the early 90s) she always had Rumours to fall back on. She's been postponing and arranging her tours so to shorten Fleetwood Mac tours since the 80s. Instead of being in the studio for Tango in the Night she's flew to Australia to appear on stage with Bob Dylan and Tom Petty. That's not loyalty. That's having your cake and eating it too. Fleetwood Mac would have toured and recorded a lot more music in the 80s without Stevie being an albatross around their necks.

by Anonymousreply 104May 9, 2021 4:36 PM

R103, that is true, but there was this separate incident that was not as widely reported

by Anonymousreply 105May 9, 2021 4:37 PM

R103 The Chain is one of their top 5 most listened to songs on spotify and routinely gets coverned by younger artists Rhiannon has slipped in popularity quite a bit over the years. I still don't know why either of them would be pissy about it because Stevie wrote the chorus to The Chain and Lindsey came up with that epic riff in Rhiannon. Control freak divas smh.

by Anonymousreply 106May 9, 2021 4:39 PM

Everywhere is a more popular song than Rhiannon going by spotify numbers. Christine and Lindsey's (but especially Christine's) songs always did better than Stevie's in international markets.

by Anonymousreply 107May 9, 2021 4:45 PM

[quote] Everywhere is a more popular song than Rhiannon going by spotify numbers.

Clearly, Spotify is the arbiter of definitive truth. *eyeroll*

by Anonymousreply 108May 9, 2021 4:49 PM

R108 It's a massive song in Europe and the UK. It still gets a lot of radio play. Rhiannon doesn't get played at all. 'America is not the world' as Morrissey would say.

by Anonymousreply 109May 9, 2021 5:00 PM

Tango in the Night sold 15 million copies. It's Fleetwood Mac's second best selling album. Sorry fatty Americans.

by Anonymousreply 110May 9, 2021 5:09 PM

[quote]America is not the world' as Morrissey would say.

Artists who have next to no fame in America usually say that.

America is the one market everyone wants to crack.

by Anonymousreply 111May 9, 2021 5:19 PM

What's a Morissey, BTW?

by Anonymousreply 112May 9, 2021 5:20 PM

What's a Rhiannon?

by Anonymousreply 113May 9, 2021 5:22 PM

[quote] It's Fleetwood Mac's second best selling album. Sorry fatty Americans

It's still a pile of turds

by Anonymousreply 114May 9, 2021 6:40 PM

R114 it's a whole lot better than any of the shlocky tunes Stevie put out solo.

by Anonymousreply 115May 9, 2021 6:46 PM

R114- Agreed. What a shit album. It has aged like BAD wine.

Lindsay's work on it is superior but the music is so light and supremely dated.

Everywhere is a song I associate with supermarket music. It's horrible.

Stevie sounds DEAD on her songs.

When I See You Again is horrible.

by Anonymousreply 116May 9, 2021 6:46 PM

Stevie stans will push the 'Stevie is more popular' card when it's convenient but when they get hit with actual numbers like Everywhere being more popular than Rhiannon, being top 10 in multiple countries and dominating streaming and they will start talking about artistic merit or whatnot, the same argument that they often shoot down Lindsey stans for pushing. There is not arguing with stan brains. They will twist and contort truth to mean whatever they want.

by Anonymousreply 117May 9, 2021 6:55 PM

What is the second incident r105?

by Anonymousreply 118May 9, 2021 6:55 PM

Everywhere is a Balearic dance anthem that still gets played around the world. Rhiannon is classic rock radio fodder for American baby boomers.

by Anonymousreply 119May 9, 2021 7:03 PM

[QUOTE] When I See You Again is horrible.

Fleetwood Mac had the choice between “What Has Rock and Roll Ever Done For You” and “When I See You Again.” For whatever reason they chose “When I See You Again” which I think was a huge mistake.

“I had a really good time...WELLLLL it was really good!!!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120May 9, 2021 7:07 PM

R120 WHRaREDFY didn't match the vibe of Tango in the Night. I don't think it's a particularly good song either. None of her vocal performances during this time would have sounded stellar because she was in and out of rehab, still on coke, and barely around. Even if When I See You Again is a clunker it has the sort of moodiness and atmosphere that suits the album better than a straight 80s style rock song.

by Anonymousreply 121May 9, 2021 7:57 PM

R121- You said perfectly. I despise TIT-N. (Tango In The Night) but yes, the horrific When I See You Again actually fits the album. The other song is horrible in its own way and does sound like a Rock A Little reject. It also could have fit on Street Whore Angel.

by Anonymousreply 122May 9, 2021 8:00 PM

This is one of my favorite of Stevie’s vocal performances...too bad it wasn’t picked to make it on the Mirage album. The version that made it onto her solo album from a few years ago pales significantly in comparison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123May 9, 2021 8:16 PM

Buckingham was listening to a lot of Kate Bush and Cocteau Twins up to and while recording Tango in the Night and you can here that rhythmic and baroque pop styles in TITN and Hounds of Love. By the mid late 80s Stevie had been completely consumed by her rock n' roll fetish that Tom Petty planted in her. I'll always contend that Tom Petty was the worst thing that happened to her music. I like Tom Petty but the Heartbreakers were still nothing more than a rock n' roll pastiche band that made solid rock tunes while Fleetwood Mac was so much more than that. 'When I See You Again' is placed perfectly between 'Isn't it Midnight' and 'You and I, Part II'. I can't imagine 'What has Rock....' anywhere on the album. Even 'Family Man' which I think is the worst song (if only for the janky singing and dumb Richard Dashut lyrics) on the album has its purpose.

My favorite song on the album is Mystified. Listening to it feels like being swathed in black velvet and watching a meteor shower while the smell of exotic orchids and jungle fills your nose. It's a whole ass Rosseau painting mood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124May 9, 2021 8:39 PM

R123 I prefer Straight Back on Mirage to that song. Neither is particularly stand out, honestly. The problem with Straight Back is that Lindsey either got lazy or they ran out of time. Stevie could only show up for 3 months, so that's how long it took to record. Rumours and Tusk both took over a year to complete, thus Mirage sounds comparably incomplete. The biggest crime is Wild Heart not being recorded like the backstage version. It would have been impossible though because Stevie's singing over a Lindsey song and neither of their egos could handle it being released like this: Lindsey giving up one of his songs only for it to be more popular, Stevie having to give Lindsey songwriting credit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125May 9, 2021 9:01 PM

R117 I'm not a Steviestan, but Spotify is an absolute pile of shit. The world existed before it got here and started stealing art.

by Anonymousreply 126May 9, 2021 9:29 PM

[QUOTE] was in and out of rehab, still on coke, and barely around

“Welcome to The Room Sara” has to be post-rehab voice then because in Mick’s book he claims this song is about Stevie’s experience in Betty Ford. Her voice is a little more steady, at the expense of her famous vibrato. This was the dull colorless voice she would use for Behind The Mask and The Other Side of The Mirror.

by Anonymousreply 127May 9, 2021 9:31 PM

[quote] it’s a feat a complí.

It's "fait accompli."

by Anonymousreply 128May 9, 2021 10:00 PM

"The Chain" is the perfect song that features everybody's talents. It is and was a hot song. I'm not familiar with Spotify, so, that's my opinion outside of Spotify.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129May 9, 2021 10:11 PM

[quote] If Mick can hire people to replace Lindsey for a tour, why can't he hire people to replace Stevie for a tour? Wynonna Judd could get up there and twirl around, the crowd would love it.

I can see that. Not twirling, though. Wynonna dresses kind of like Stevie and definitely has the vocal chops to sing any FM song, forward and backward.

Wynonna also has the same It Factor / star power that Stevie has.

by Anonymousreply 130May 9, 2021 10:13 PM

R129 The Chain wasn't even a single. People can poo poo Spotify all they want, but the numbers are there. The Chain is the 3rd most streamed Fleetwood Mac song.

by Anonymousreply 131May 9, 2021 10:14 PM

I'll never understand why You Make Loving Fun was the 4th single off Rumours.

by Anonymousreply 132May 9, 2021 10:17 PM

[quote] [R31] yet you post ITT

This reply has just been chosen as DL’s Lame Retort of the Day..

by Anonymousreply 133May 9, 2021 10:30 PM

[quote] I'll never understand why You Make Loving Fun was the 4th single off Rumours.

What do you mean, R132?

by Anonymousreply 134May 9, 2021 10:33 PM

R134 You Make Loving Fun was chosen over The Chain, Second Hand News, and Gold Dust Woman. Those three songs seem more radio friendly than You Make Loving Fun.

by Anonymousreply 135May 9, 2021 10:42 PM

Thanks, R135. Agree. I don't consider "You Make Loving Fun" a great song at all. It's on par with "Don't Stop (Thinking about Tomorrow)." Lyrics are really banal.

by Anonymousreply 136May 9, 2021 10:46 PM

I think the “ahhh ahhh ahhh” part of YMLF is worth the banality of the lyrics, you really get that 70s shimmer. Lindsey and Stevie’s voices really complimented Christine’s in harmony, hearing Stevie pop out in the mix is a treat because her voice was so sweet back then.

by Anonymousreply 137May 9, 2021 11:11 PM

R137 but is it really as good as The Chain?

by Anonymousreply 138May 10, 2021 6:33 PM

i think the Chain is boring. The melody is dull. The lyrics are nothing special. The only notable part is the simple bass solo.

by Anonymousreply 139May 10, 2021 8:02 PM

R139 but it's a killer bass solo. BBC Formula 1 used The Chain starting at the bass solo from 1978 - 1996 and 2009 - 2015. That bass solo makes the song.

by Anonymousreply 140May 10, 2021 8:20 PM

Is Buckingham finally coming out of the closet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 8, 2021 8:30 PM

I always got a tranny vibe from him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142June 8, 2021 8:33 PM

Lindsey and Mick's destiny is to be two old divorced dudes walking around Maui like ancient queens.

by Anonymousreply 143June 8, 2021 8:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!