Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Conners Thread II

As Season 3 ends, we await word on whether ABC will renew the blue collar saga for Season 4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3716 hours ago

Previous thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104/24/2021

I really couldn’t give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 204/24/2021

Is it still a comedy?

by Anonymousreply 304/24/2021

A tragicomedy, R3.

by Anonymousreply 404/24/2021

Lecy Goranson's acting has been a revelation. I don't remember thinking much of her in the original Roseanne, but that scene with Dan regarding Mark's death. Wow. She can really hold her own with Goodman and Metcalf.

by Anonymousreply 504/30/2021

Does anyone watch this?

by Anonymousreply 604/30/2021

It's ABC's highest rated comedy, so apparently so, R6.

by Anonymousreply 704/30/2021

I’m also very impressed by Lecy Goranson.

by Anonymousreply 804/30/2021

Looks like Season 4 is happening!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 904/30/2021

[quote] Lecy Goranson's acting has been a revelation. I don't remember thinking much of her in the original Roseanne, but that scene with Dan regarding Mark's death. Wow. She can really hold her own with Goodman and Metcalf.

Agree. Her character carries a lot of the show. I hate what they've done with Jackie. They need to fix that. Dan's step-brother needs to be written in as does Mollie.

by Anonymousreply 1004/30/2021

R10 Molly’s dead.

by Anonymousreply 1104/30/2021

They should drop Debby Gallagher. Shitty little actress.

by Anonymousreply 1204/30/2021

Have to also jump on the Goranson bandwagon. I'd love to see her get some Emmy attention. That said, watching it borders on masochism. If there's a more miserable lot of losers on TV, I'm not aware.

by Anonymousreply 1304/30/2021

I watch the repeats on TVLand.

Remember when Dan actually had a good government union job? WTF happened with that?

As someone posted in the other Conners thread, this series is about the family always failing.

by Anonymousreply 1405/01/2021

In one episode, Dan even joked about people never get fired from government jobs, if that's the case, how did he end up losing that job?

by Anonymousreply 1505/01/2021

I'm glad it's being renewed. If only because that must've pissed Roseanne.

by Anonymousreply 1605/01/2021

Is Roseanne really pathetic enough to still be praying for this show’s downfall?

by Anonymousreply 1705/01/2021

I'm sure Roseanne gets a big, fat check for every episode of the reboot. She's not sweating it.

by Anonymousreply 1805/01/2021

I thought she didn’t make any money off it?

by Anonymousreply 1905/01/2021

John Goodman used to be hot, beefy and sexy. What the heck happened?

by Anonymousreply 2005/01/2021

68 years of life happened to him, R20.

by Anonymousreply 2105/01/2021

If he hadn’t gotten his health together and lost weight, R20, he’d probably be dead by now.

by Anonymousreply 2205/01/2021

Honestly, has anyone laughed out loud once with this reboot?

by Anonymousreply 2305/01/2021

I have several times, R23.

by Anonymousreply 2405/01/2021

Did they just drop the 'Darlene contemplating leaving Ben' storyline?

by Anonymousreply 2505/03/2021

[quote] I'm sure Roseanne gets a big, fat check for every episode of the reboot. She's not sweating it.

She doesn’t. That was part of the deal.

by Anonymousreply 2605/03/2021

I still don’t get the Molly thing. Who is the mother? Her father was a widow. Where’s her sister. The fact that they remembered her character but not these other important details is insane. Jackie should also have a son. That would have opened the door to a great storyline for her character.

by Anonymousreply 2705/03/2021

[quote] Is Roseanne really pathetic enough to still be praying for this show’s downfall?

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 2805/03/2021

I've been watching the original series on TVLand. I never paid much attention to the series years ago, I watched it but not weekly.

I noticed John Goodman had amazing hair, thick and wavy. He seems to still have a good head of hair.

Sarah and Johnny also had amazing hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2905/03/2021

now that Shameless is over, I hope we can see more of Noel Fisher as Dan's little brother

by Anonymousreply 3005/03/2021

R29 IS Vidal Sassoon.

by Anonymousreply 3105/03/2021

[quote]now that Shameless is over, I hope we can see more of Noel Fisher as Dan's little brother

The actress who portray's Darlene's daughter was also on SHAMELESS.

by Anonymousreply 3205/03/2021

DJ looks freakishly tall compared to Dan in OP's photo.

by Anonymousreply 3305/04/2021

I love that the show is a success despite the deplorables downvoting it on IMDB, etc. I hope it goes on many more seasons.

by Anonymousreply 34Last Sunday at 4:09 PM

I thought Ben had more chemistry with Becky than Darlene.

by Anonymousreply 35Last Sunday at 4:21 PM

Are they writing DJ out of the show?

[quote] TVLine can exclusively reveal that former series regular Maya Lynne Robinson, who played DJ’s wife Geena in Season 1 of the Roseanne offshoot, will reprise her role in the Season 3 finale (airing Wednesday, May 19 at 9/8c). Geena was redeployed to Afghanistan between Seasons 1 and 2, after Robinson landed a full-time gig on CBS’ The Unicorn (which is currently on the bubble and awaiting word on a potential Season 3 pickup). Upon her Lanford homecoming, Geena makes some life-changing decisions that will affect not only herself, but her husband DJ and their daughter Mary.

by Anonymousreply 3620 hours ago

So she’s either leaving the military and returning to Lanford, or she’s leaving DJ and not returning to Lanford.

by Anonymousreply 3716 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!