Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

India is a COVID hell right now

Double/triple COVID mutants have been found in India. More young people are dying due to the mutants. US still doesn't ban the flights from India

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601May 13, 2021 12:49 AM

Good thing we westerners aren’t India and have better vaccines.

by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2021 8:08 PM

[quote] US still doesn't ban the flights from India

Because wokeness are more important than our health.

by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2021 8:10 PM

How come India is such a shithole? They actually have some of the largest vaccine manufacturing facilities in the world and they were being primed to produce the Astra-Zeneca vaccine as of last year.

Maybe if their best and brightest weren’t so quick to own liquor stores and deliver food in the USA, Europe, and Canada 😂

by Anonymousreply 3April 24, 2021 8:12 PM

The immense human suffering from this virus is devastating. How do you religious folk explain the destructive wrath of your god?

by Anonymousreply 4April 24, 2021 8:12 PM

We'll see this headline soon enough at this rate:

Spike protein mutates to form that makes all current vaccines useless, back to lockdown

by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2021 8:13 PM

R4, the usual oldie...

It's god's plan.

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2021 8:16 PM

India is the Third World. Their best and brightest hightail it to North America ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2021 8:16 PM

[quote] The immense human suffering from this virus is devastating. How do you religious folk explain the destructive wrath of your god?

Would love to hear from our resident “Should I get confirmed to the Catholic Church” god-boy from a couple months ago.

The believers never can explain why a benevolent, omnipotent god allows shit like COVID to happen. Or abuse, torture, murder, genocide, etc.

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2021 8:25 PM

How nice of you to find humor in the situation, R3.

by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2021 8:25 PM

India doesn't have an efficient government bureaucracy or a national health care capacity for its population. Simple as that. Its the same in South America. India has the vaccine but not the manpower and funds to vaccinate everyone quickly. Also remember that some countries consider parts of their citizenry to be expendable to some extent. Like in the USA under Republican leadership....

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2021 8:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2021 8:30 PM

They got complacent in January when covid numbers were low and stopped wearing masks and social distancing. Then they had huge political rallies, festivals and cricket. They also have an extremely fragile and underfunded health care system, couple that with a more infectious strain and the pandemic becomes a major humanitarian crisis. They need to stop having so many children.

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2021 8:34 PM

The numbers of deaths there are still miniscule compared to the US or any other nation due to the sheer size of their population.

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2021 9:05 PM

And yet the UK has only just put them on the red list and America is still allowing travel to and from India. I think all flights, except for an extremely short list of special allowances, should've been stopped worldwide last year but we are over a year into this pandemic and still people are able to fly about as they like. Once the US, Israel and the UK are fully vaccinated I think people should be able to fly between those countries and once others catchup then open those up for travel as well. I dont give a fuck about this being racist because the longer we keep things open, the more chance a vaccine beating variant has time to mutate and take hold, setting everybody back to the start.

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2021 9:12 PM

Ontario, Canada has recorded the first case of the India variant this week.

We're all fucked.

by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2021 9:44 PM

There are 132 cases of the Indian variant in Britain, 7 of them turned up in Wales of all places.

by Anonymousreply 16April 24, 2021 9:47 PM

India variants spread in a quarantine hotel in Perth, Australia. The city has to lockdown again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 24, 2021 9:51 PM

That whole country is a shit hole filled with disease.

by Anonymousreply 18April 24, 2021 9:53 PM

Percentage wise, the case number per population is still lower than the US.

India's population is 1.3 BILLION.

But no...

by Anonymousreply 19April 24, 2021 9:57 PM

A Hindu nationalist Trumpesque party runs the country. Their prime minister, Modi, was actually banned from coming to the US before his election due to his ties to right wing terrorists. India, Brazil, the US last year...all of them run by right wing nuts who can’t govern on a good day, much less during a major crisis.

by Anonymousreply 20April 24, 2021 9:59 PM

What the actual fucking fuck?

Are people really just dropping to the floor because of COVID???

by Anonymousreply 21April 24, 2021 10:00 PM

"Billy you are going to sit at that table and clean your plate. Including the peas. There are people dying of COVID in India."

by Anonymousreply 22April 24, 2021 10:00 PM

R19, at this point, nobody believes the number reported from India gov. The hospital system completely collapses there. There is no way they can get the accurate number. The actual number should be at least 10 times higher

by Anonymousreply 23April 24, 2021 10:03 PM

R4 Sin.

by Anonymousreply 24April 24, 2021 10:04 PM

Because Amazon and Big Tech want to keep the flow of Indians coming here. Summer is coming and that’s when the parents visit for a couple months, talk about arranged marriage (and having the requisite child) . It’s also when new interns arrive. In my neck of the woods there’ll be a huge uptick in Indian visitors soon which is a bit worrisome.

I got pissed off because an ex got his parents vaccinated here while they’re visiting before I could, and I had a difficult time finding an appointment. They came from Delhi and are still here.

by Anonymousreply 25April 24, 2021 10:04 PM

R21, yep, as long as your oxygen level is too low, you will drop to the floor. It happened in Wuhan, Iran and Northern Italy during the first wave

by Anonymousreply 26April 24, 2021 10:07 PM

Republicans don't even care if Americans die, so....

by Anonymousreply 27April 24, 2021 10:11 PM

But it's the Democrats that are in power right now, they should be stopping all international travel unless it's for extremely important cases.

by Anonymousreply 28April 24, 2021 10:16 PM

[quote]I dont give a fuck about this being racist because the longer we keep things open, the more chance a vaccine beating variant has time to mutate and take hold, setting everybody back to the start.

We need to open up fully in the US and let the variants in. It's the only way to kill off huge numbers of unvaccinated Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 29April 24, 2021 10:17 PM

[quote]Because wokeness are more important than our health.

Damn all of those wokenesses! Every one of them!

by Anonymousreply 30April 24, 2021 10:19 PM

If they are reporting 400,000 new cases a day, we should presume that the actual number is 4,000,000 a day. (Seriously - who do we think is going to be testing the poverty-stricken rural peasants, who make up 80% of India's population). That means that in one month 120,000,000 will be infected (one third the population of the US). I'm guessing that because of co-morbidities, which in India includes rampant infection with parasites because of unclean water, and chronic malnutrition, as many as 1/10th of those infected could die . (That's a death rate 10xs what COVID causes in developed countries, so it might be too pessimistic - but given that the hospital system is collapsing, there won't be life-saving treatments for the very ill). That would mean up to 12 million people dead in one month. A very sobering figure. Really tragic. The dead people in that hospital scene in India are NOT old by US standards. They appear to be in their 40s. If this level of infection continues unchecked, India could lose 100,000,000 people in one year. That would still leave 1 billion people living there- but that is a mind-boggling loss of life. Even in a best-case scenario, (death rate of 1% of infected) I think India will lose a million people this month and as many as 12 million this year.

by Anonymousreply 31April 24, 2021 10:20 PM

Those poor people. Their families fighting for their lives.

Truly unimaginable. So shocking.

by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2021 10:22 PM

This'll end up being a "thoughts and prayers" situation from the rest of the world. There's embargos against India right now, and until those are lifted, they are fucked.

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2021 10:23 PM

[quote]India doesn't have an efficient government bureaucracy or a national health care capacity for its population.

Neither does the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 34April 24, 2021 10:25 PM

[quote]India is a COVID hell right now

As opposed to the regular hell it is most of the time?

by Anonymousreply 35April 24, 2021 10:25 PM

I feel terrible seeing all the video on Twitter, but what can any of us do about this?

by Anonymousreply 36April 24, 2021 10:26 PM

Nothing, R36. Maybe lobbying your government rep to end embargos against India is it.

by Anonymousreply 37April 24, 2021 10:39 PM

With the sheer number of people living right on top of each other, with poor sanitation, unclean water, and inadequate nutrition and health care...it's a hotbed for disease transmission. It's surprising this didn't happen sooner there.

by Anonymousreply 38April 24, 2021 10:46 PM

It’s not too late to cancel all flights. All.

by Anonymousreply 39April 24, 2021 10:47 PM

I was just about to order my big slut sized box of Indian boner pills for the coming fuckathon this summer. Its so cheap! I hope they will still ship!

by Anonymousreply 40April 24, 2021 10:51 PM

Heartbreaking, R11.

R24 My personal theology is a mix of mystical Judaism and mystical Christianity, along with Buddhism and Hinduism, though I wouldn’t categorize myself as “religious.” The spiritual evolutionary process is both palpable and remains a mystery to me.

I believe in the Creator but also in karma, reincarnation, and that this plane we live in now is the most temperate level of hell, i.e., we [italic]are[/italic] in hell, though there are darker and more unimaginably torturous levels to it, too.

As for Heaven, my ideas of it shift: one minute I view it as the typical cliche (e.g. we live with our loved ones happily ever after for all eternity), and the next minute I get this feeling that it is a complete submersion into and union with Light, with the “Source of all things,” and that individual egoistic consciousness cannot be a part of that, i.e., our souls are purified of our egos and personalities until we are primed for transition into the Light, which is the point of all of the tests and trials we endure down here.

Understandably, the thought of our egos dissolving is a scary thought to most - me included - who would either rather hope in a heaven that allows us to ascend as the perfect version of ourselves or have nothing come after death at all. However, we have been given free will, so we get to, in a sense, decide when and how we “graduate” from this baser, denser, more painful level of existence, which, despite its rigors, also contains much love and beauty.

Despite the pain and horrors we are surrounded by, one thing that never changes is my faith in the Creator. I am prepared for the derision that such an admission usually elicits, but, well, there you have it.

by Anonymousreply 41April 24, 2021 10:51 PM

Canada has now taken a further step and is now banning passengers arriving from India and Pakistan on connecting flights, in addition to the original ban earlier this week for direct flights from India and Pakistan.

by Anonymousreply 42April 24, 2021 11:39 PM

BAN ALL FLIGHTS

by Anonymousreply 43April 25, 2021 12:09 AM

Tell Biden to do something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 25, 2021 12:14 AM

There goes all our IT headcount !!!!

by Anonymousreply 45April 25, 2021 12:42 AM

[quote] Ontario, Canada has recorded the first case of the India variant this week. We're all fucked.

Why are we “all fucked”?

by Anonymousreply 46April 25, 2021 12:51 AM

R44 What is Biden supposed to do? 600,000 under five-year-old children die of waterborne disease each year in India. It's an open sewer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 25, 2021 2:22 AM

India is so modest. They're very strict about things like sinning, adultery and drinking alcohol.

Yet they fucked so much they overpopulated and it's more than the little sub-continent can handle.

Crowdedness leads to bad conditions.

by Anonymousreply 48April 25, 2021 2:55 AM

Um, people have a lot of children in poor countries where the infant mortality rate is high and they need children to work on the family farm or otherwise help support the family. This has been true all over the planet for millennia.

Raise living and medical standards in India, and population growth will slow there, just as it has in developed nations. It has nothing to do with whether Indians are modest or like to have sex.

by Anonymousreply 49April 25, 2021 3:09 AM

R49, actually the single best way to improve standards in these countries is to improve the state of women in those countries. Look at the worst shitholes humanity has created and they are all the ones where women are nothing but brood whores and/or rape victims.

by Anonymousreply 50April 25, 2021 6:51 AM

Trump was right. Developing countries are shitholes. Literally in the case of India.

by Anonymousreply 51April 25, 2021 7:07 AM

[quote] Because wokeness are more important than our health.

Joe and Kamala LOVE wokeness.

by Anonymousreply 52April 25, 2021 7:29 AM

Well India hates us at the moment.

Because Joe and Kamala have cold-shouldered India

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 25, 2021 7:57 AM

I can't imagine anyone watching the video in the OP and not doing whatever they could to help. Biden should do whatever is necessary to get vaccines to India. What a horrible scene.

by Anonymousreply 54April 25, 2021 8:04 AM

R54 I felt bad for the people but the Indian government isn't poor, they have their own space program. So I think they should've got their shit together while the numbers were still low. Britain was really fucked for a while and had no help, in fact Europe was twisting the knife but they took a risk in the vaccines, went back into lockdown and it has paid off. India should go into lockdown, cancel all events and start the vaccine program.

by Anonymousreply 55April 25, 2021 8:13 AM

[quote]A Hindu nationalist Trumpesque party runs the country. Their prime minister, Modi, was actually banned from coming to the US before his election due to his ties to right wing terrorists. India, Brazil, the US last year...all of them run by right wing nuts who can’t govern on a good day, much less during a major crisis.

They also have fucked the people by stripping the country of its resources to inflate the Indian economy to "superpower" levels, this has been completely and totally unsustainable. Also it's an environmental catastrophe. Industrial waste is not regulated in most of India, vandals then pump it back into water that 80% of the population have to drink.

by Anonymousreply 56April 25, 2021 8:13 AM

China is here for the rescue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 25, 2021 8:15 AM

China has invested a lot of money into India, they can't let India slide backwards as it would ruin part of their plan for world dominantation.

by Anonymousreply 58April 25, 2021 8:17 AM

At least they are burning their dead, not just burying them to release more diseases into the water.

by Anonymousreply 59April 25, 2021 8:17 AM

Because viruses don't respect borders, R46 and simce the US doesn't do a great job of tracking the variants it may have arrived already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 25, 2021 8:51 AM

R59 The smell of burning flesh will also cover up the stench of faeces they unload into the street. Covid could be a massive plus for India.

by Anonymousreply 61April 25, 2021 8:53 AM

[quote]I was just about to order my big slut sized box of Indian boner pills for the coming fuckathon this summer. Its so cheap! I hope they will still ship!

I have long stopped purchasing any medications from India. I don't trust the quality, and knowing the waste from these products is just being dumped into the environment... Jesus, get the hospitals and waste control systems up to the standards of an industrialized nation and then think about being a superpower with space programs.

by Anonymousreply 62April 25, 2021 8:53 AM

As Covid-19 Devastates India, Deaths Go Undercounted

India’s second wave is rapidly sliding into a crisis, and there is mounting evidence that the actual death toll is far higher than reported.

Well, duh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 25, 2021 9:48 AM

"we believe the true number of deaths is two to five times what is being reported"

Over 13 days in mid-April, Bhopal officials reported 41 deaths related to Covid-19. But a survey by The New York Times of the city’s main Covid-19 cremation and burial grounds, where bodies were being handled under strict protocols, revealed a total of more than 1,000 deaths during the same period.

by Anonymousreply 64April 25, 2021 9:53 AM

India and the far Left in the US are blaming America for this.

by Anonymousreply 65April 25, 2021 10:06 AM

[quote]one thing that never changes is my faith in the Creator.

Same here!

It started at none and hasn't budged.

by Anonymousreply 66April 25, 2021 10:13 AM

Fucking China.

by Anonymousreply 67April 25, 2021 10:20 AM

India is Hell outside of pandemics.

by Anonymousreply 68April 25, 2021 11:09 AM

That country was completely unsanitary to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 69April 25, 2021 11:26 AM

It has 1.4 billion people and growing. It’s weird to think that you could wipe out the billion, and it would still be catastrophically overpopulated.

by Anonymousreply 70April 25, 2021 11:30 AM

The far left would blame western countries for anything bad that happens to the countries they perceive as victims, even though most of those countries are woman hating, gay killers.

by Anonymousreply 71April 25, 2021 11:34 AM

They need to stop all flights coming here from India asap, I don't know why they haven't even Pakistan has. Big Pharma needs to ship them vaccines as well or hand over the patents. I feel awful for them, and the world needs to unite in helping them for all of our sakes.

by Anonymousreply 72April 25, 2021 11:43 AM

Kamala has turned her back on her country.

by Anonymousreply 73April 25, 2021 11:47 AM

Guess I wont' be going to the taj mahal anytime soon (if ever!)... the ONLY reason why i would even think to visit that country..

by Anonymousreply 74April 25, 2021 11:50 AM

40% of Republicans say they will never get vaccinated, so Biden should make a big deal of shipping the excess vaccines to India.

Watch Deplorables demand these vaccines. Two problems solved at once.

by Anonymousreply 75April 25, 2021 11:50 AM

R19, it is a catastrophic situation because those numbers are vastly underestimated and the increase is so steep the curve looks like a vertical line. The doubling rate is about 10-12 days. They'll be over 500 000 reported cases a day in no time if nothing is done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 25, 2021 12:05 PM

India's current second round of COVID horror was, to a large extent, created by India itself. The govt is boastful, hubristic, pro junk science, and the people themselves, whether politico or layman, either apathetic, ignorant or actively indifferent to toxic urban behavior, overpopulation, corruption, and the miseries of their fellow citizen. What we're seeing is an overpopulated, corrupt country (yes, with many smart people) succumbing to a particularly horrific inevitability.

by Anonymousreply 77April 25, 2021 12:10 PM

Why on earth they insist to cremate the bodies during this crisis. Isn't it easier ( and cleaner ) to just buried them? I know its part of their religion but to burn thousands of bodies without a proper crematorium will leads to some really morbid and unpleasant issues,

by Anonymousreply 78April 25, 2021 12:15 PM

Looks like it's already here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79April 25, 2021 12:19 PM

Where I live there's lot of south asian landlords, they normally buy places for their kids to live in while they study and then rent those places out once the kids have moved on, Indian landlords are the fucking worst, so I have zero empathy for the shit throwers.

by Anonymousreply 80April 25, 2021 12:22 PM

I think it’s been established that US vaccines will work against all current variants. So younger unvaccinated people will be the ones getting sick.

US needs to send some vaccines to India as a good will measure.

by Anonymousreply 81April 25, 2021 12:24 PM

For some reason, I've known some lovely Indian women (smart, kind), but the men are the worst. Despite being ugly and generally repugnant, they act like they're god's gift to humanity. So arrogant...no wonder India is suffering.

by Anonymousreply 82April 25, 2021 12:26 PM

They work right now because the virus hasn't mutated to the point that makes the vaccines pointless, all it takes is for someone who has had one dose, a day later they catch the virus and it mutates around the vaccine and spreads like crazy. So India's covid surge plus the vaccine could be a fatal mixture.

by Anonymousreply 83April 25, 2021 12:26 PM

Religion and Reason have always been the biggest arch enemies.

by Anonymousreply 84April 25, 2021 12:29 PM

I don't know if this has been pointed out but...

...during the 1918 Pandemic, it was estimated that the global death toll was about 50 million...

...India had about 20 million of those.

This has happened before.

by Anonymousreply 85April 25, 2021 12:33 PM

India’s government needs to look in the mirror: Misogynistic rape culture, gay-hating, treachery in Kashmir, undermining Sikh farmers, etc...karma is a big ol’ bitch, ain’t it?

by Anonymousreply 86April 25, 2021 12:34 PM

Remember that poor girl that was brutally raped and assaulted using a metal pole, it went through into her organs. This is karma for that.

by Anonymousreply 87April 25, 2021 12:37 PM

[quote]40% of Republicans say they will never get vaccinated, so Biden should make a big deal of shipping the excess vaccines to India.

It would be even better if he shipped the Republicans to India.

by Anonymousreply 88April 25, 2021 12:41 PM

R86 R87 The only bitch is YOU. There's no such thing as KARMA. Karma is a liberal's version of "God is angry", FFS! Grow the fuck up!

Guess what? They could have passed all the pro-gay legislation you want and this still would have happened. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 89April 25, 2021 12:41 PM

r31 - Interesting. You may also be interested in an article I happened to come across yesterday in the Hindu Times. Basically, article was arguing that the current Covid spread is not actually being spread in the slums. Author is arguing that Covid spread is occurring among the middle class - in highrises - not the slums. I'll try to find link.

by Anonymousreply 90April 25, 2021 12:44 PM

Article in Hindu Times about affluent being hit by Covid - Spread not in slums, but in highrises

[bold]India’s urban affluent hit by new virus wave after dodging first

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 25, 2021 12:47 PM

R89 Aww, did I touch a nerve? India is a laughinstock, a country where 90% of the population shits on the street but it has a space program. A country with people deemed literally untouchable. It’s karma for having an extremist right wing government and a misogynistic culture among other things. So much for being the next superpower, eh?

by Anonymousreply 92April 25, 2021 1:06 PM

[quote] 40% of Republicans say they will never get vaccinated,

Bullshit. You pulled that figure out of your ass. It's actual POC who aren't getting vaccinated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 25, 2021 1:28 PM

R87 Yeah right, because Covid only infects rapists and predators, not victims of abuse and other innocent people who already have it hard enough.

by Anonymousreply 94April 25, 2021 1:29 PM

What is happening is so awful.

Other countries need to take this as a warning. Until you get down to 28 days without an infection, only then can you begin to slowly open up.

Close your borders and place ALL returning citizens in quarantine for 14 days.

Does anybody know how much protection any of the vaccines give from these variants?

by Anonymousreply 95April 25, 2021 2:19 PM

R93 whoever posted that figure definitely didn’t pull it out of his ass. The latest Monmouth poll found 43% of Republicans say they won’t get vaccinated. And a Quinnipiac poll found the number was 45%. You can easily use Google to find that info.

by Anonymousreply 96April 25, 2021 2:24 PM

R93 posted a link to data. You didn't, R96.

by Anonymousreply 97April 25, 2021 2:28 PM

[Quote] It's actual POC who aren't getting vaccinated.

Wrong. While POC were hesitant at first, now their hesitance has diminished significantly. It’s republicans holding up herd immunity now.

by Anonymousreply 98April 25, 2021 2:30 PM

R97, R93’s link completely refutes his comment

by Anonymousreply 99April 25, 2021 2:31 PM

R97 ffs here you go

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 25, 2021 2:32 PM

We will NEVER reach herd immunity so as long as me and the eldergay got ours, I don't care if if anyone gets theirs. We'll get the update shots too when they come out. If you don't get the vax, then just fucking die, you deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 101April 25, 2021 2:46 PM

Thanks, r96. I posted the 40% without a cite because I value brevity. It has been widely reported. However, this is Datalounge so you have to show your math to prove the law of gravity.

by Anonymousreply 102April 25, 2021 2:48 PM

[quote] It's actual POC who aren't getting vaccinated.

Lies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103April 25, 2021 2:51 PM

A lot of anti-vaxxers are ultra-liberal granola types, it isn't just conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 104April 25, 2021 2:58 PM

India also doesn’t have the medical sophistication to treat people who get infected and then become really sick. Do you think they have enough ventilators and people who know how to use them, and the appropriate medications? Do you think they have monoclonal antibody treatments? No, anyone who gets more than mild symptoms is going to die there. Also, they do not have enough PPE for their healthcare workers who will get infected as well

by Anonymousreply 105April 25, 2021 3:04 PM

Yup, R104. A lot of yoga moms who fell for the "natural medicine" schtick are anti-vaxxers. I posted here before about a couple I know who are hard core anti-vax. They're pro BLM, pro climate change, pro reconciliation but are all into natural medicines, chiropractory etc...I had no idea they were anti-vax till just a little while ago because I never connected the hippy, natural medicine types with being anti-vax before.

by Anonymousreply 106April 25, 2021 3:10 PM

[quote] But a survey by The New York Times of the city’s main Covid-19 cremation and burial grounds, where bodies were being handled under strict protocols, revealed a total of more than 1,000 deaths during the same period.

Well this certainly isn’t going to help them achieve their carbon reduction targets!

by Anonymousreply 107April 25, 2021 3:41 PM

And now the UK are sending over ventilators and oxygen, even though they are still in a precarious position. All to appear woke.

by Anonymousreply 108April 25, 2021 3:56 PM

The UK has the virus well under control and is sending ventilators to India.

by Anonymousreply 109April 25, 2021 3:57 PM

R108 - the UK has only 20-30 deaths a day and 2k cases daily, falling week by week. It's not in a 'precarious position' at all. Over 50% of the population is vaccinated, all over 45 plus health workers.

by Anonymousreply 110April 25, 2021 4:00 PM

PoC resisted at first but ran for the vaccine when they realised that they wouldn't be able to fly to visit relatives in Africa/Asia/Caribbean without proof of a vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 111April 25, 2021 4:01 PM

Wow R111 you need to get out into real life and get off whatever website you get info from. 😂😂 that’s an unhealthy amount of ignorance on show.

by Anonymousreply 112April 25, 2021 4:09 PM

R109-R111 all seem to be the same person, a racist I put on "ignore".

by Anonymousreply 113April 25, 2021 4:28 PM

That overpopulated shithole desperately needs a culling of the herd. A population of 1.4 billion is catastrophic.

by Anonymousreply 114April 25, 2021 4:40 PM

It’ll go away like the flu. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 115April 25, 2021 4:51 PM

[quote]Wrong. While POC were hesitant at first, now their hesitance has diminished significantly. It’s republicans holding up herd immunity now.

Bullshit.

"Across these states, nearly a quarter (24%) of White people were fully vaccinated as of April 19, 2021, compared to 19% of Asian people, 14% of Black people, and 12% of Hispanic people."

by Anonymousreply 116April 25, 2021 5:32 PM

But why R7? We are told daily by the “woke” that America is the most racist country in the world where no person of color can ever get ahead... why would they want to come here? Did they not get the memo?

by Anonymousreply 117April 25, 2021 5:40 PM

[quote]But why [R7]? We are told daily by the “woke” that America is the most racist country in the world where no person of color can ever get ahead.

MSNBC and CNN will never point out to its viewers that the demographic groups with the highest incomes in the US happen to be non-white.

by Anonymousreply 118April 25, 2021 5:54 PM

[quote] They'll be over 500 000 reported cases a day in no time if nothing is done.

Jesus, R76.

by Anonymousreply 119April 25, 2021 6:10 PM

This is having knock-on effects on global vaccination efforts. India's responding this massive surge by shutting down vaccine exports to the rest of the world. Meanwhile Trump's lawyers put tight restrictions on Pfizer and J&J's vaccine exports. The Biden administration needs to redo the legal terms on vaccine supplies and get vaccines to India & Brazil now.

by Anonymousreply 120April 25, 2021 6:20 PM

R4 atheists only care about their self-interests, so human suffering and deaths are just obstacles out of the way of your ego charging full steam ahead

by Anonymousreply 121April 25, 2021 6:31 PM

R87 omfg. That is horrific!

by Anonymousreply 122April 25, 2021 6:35 PM

R87, remember that man that was knelt on by a police officer for more than nine minutes? It'd be karma for Americans, even those that had nothing to do with the case to die of covid.

by Anonymousreply 123April 25, 2021 6:39 PM

R123 karma isn't patriotic

by Anonymousreply 124April 25, 2021 6:46 PM

Tell that to R87, R124.

by Anonymousreply 125April 25, 2021 6:47 PM

Not to mention even greater air pollution, r78, as if they didn't already have the worst air quality in the world. On the other hand, maybe with all the factories shut due to COVID, the baseline aif pollution has decreased commensurately...

by Anonymousreply 126April 25, 2021 6:56 PM

Oh please, the factories closed for like a minute and then they were opened up again, covid be damned. That's why this whole thing is biggest load of bullshit ever, people are told to shut their lives down for over a year but factories and airlines can continue to operate.

by Anonymousreply 127April 25, 2021 7:06 PM

[quote]The Biden administration needs to redo the legal terms on vaccine supplies and get vaccines to India & Brazil now.

I think this situation is like an airplane emergency. They tell the parents to put their mask on first because if they go unconscious, there's no one left to help the children. America needs to take care if itself first. As soon as we are in a better situation, we will start taking care of the rest of the world like we always do. We are not in a good enough situation yet to become the caretakers of the world.

by Anonymousreply 128April 25, 2021 7:12 PM

Are all the people in this video now dead?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129April 25, 2021 7:17 PM

Can I have their stuff?

by Anonymousreply 130April 25, 2021 7:31 PM

This just solidifes my desire to stay the FUCK away from India and the rest of South Asia if i can.

by Anonymousreply 131April 25, 2021 7:41 PM

KhalsaAird, a Sikh organization which is distributing emergency oxygen to Indian hospitals.

Donate if you wish/can.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132April 25, 2021 8:58 PM

R87 There was outrage in India over what happened to that poor girl, the rapists were hanged and rape legislation was tightened up.

by Anonymousreply 133April 25, 2021 9:12 PM

[quote]I've known some lovely Indian women (smart, kind)

Then you’ve been lucky.

by Anonymousreply 134April 25, 2021 9:31 PM

[quote]But why [R7]? We are told daily by the “woke” that America is the most racist country in the world where no person of color can ever get ahead... why would they want to come here? Did they not get the memo?

It's only African-Americans that can never seem to get ahead. Every other non-white racial and immigrant group seems to do just fine in America.

by Anonymousreply 135April 25, 2021 10:09 PM

Personally, I think India is hell any time. I can't understand the attraction to a big, overpopulated, smelly country.

by Anonymousreply 136April 25, 2021 10:12 PM

This illness disproportionately affects the poor. It's no surprise that the Indian people are being hit hard. The scenes in the videos are truly shocking and unimaginable. No one deserves to die with this horrid virus. Especially not in the circumstances covered in the videos. The concern for the rest of the world is the virus mutating as it gallops through the Indian population. Poor people, just makes me so, so sad.

by Anonymousreply 137April 25, 2021 10:27 PM

This shit is why covid won't go away. It will just mutate into a different strain and we will keep needing boosters every few months. Everybody needs to be vaccinated at the same time in order to get rid of covid for good.

by Anonymousreply 138April 25, 2021 10:34 PM

India has never met a flushing toilet.

by Anonymousreply 139April 25, 2021 10:36 PM

This variant will spread here soon enough just as Americans think it's almost over. Whenever they say it's getting better, you know it's just an intermission for worse to come.

by Anonymousreply 140April 25, 2021 10:38 PM

The Ganges is a flushing toilet.

by Anonymousreply 141April 25, 2021 10:39 PM

[quote]This variant will spread here soon enough just as Americans think it's almost over.

Since flights to and from India have been going on all this time, I'm sure any Indian variants are already here.

by Anonymousreply 142April 25, 2021 10:41 PM

Kamala is ignoring Sarala.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 25, 2021 10:43 PM

We need to wear space suits.

by Anonymousreply 144April 25, 2021 10:51 PM

Stock up on oxygen!!!!!111!

by Anonymousreply 145April 25, 2021 10:55 PM

We should start looking for another planet asap.

by Anonymousreply 146April 25, 2021 10:56 PM

This is how Mother Nature thins out the herd.

by Anonymousreply 147April 25, 2021 10:59 PM

Covid is not thinning the herd. We need a Black Death X2 to thin the herd.

by Anonymousreply 148April 25, 2021 11:01 PM

It's quite scary. The effect on civil society it will have. Civil disturbances, as people try and secure limited resources for their families.

by Anonymousreply 149April 25, 2021 11:06 PM

India is extremely overpopulated. Let's be honest and tell it like it is, rather than trying to be politically correct. If this thing took out a few million, it actually wouldn't be such as bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 150April 25, 2021 11:17 PM

The whole planet is overpopulated, but rather than let nature take its course and thin out the heard, we are all hiding away and wearing masks. For decades scientists have been trying to workout what to do about overpopulation, they had the perfect opportunity to take advantage of the situation but wasted it. Nature will just have to find another virus, maybe that wasting disease in the red deer will make the jump to humans?

by Anonymousreply 151April 25, 2021 11:39 PM

News reports saying infections are raging mostly among young middle-class Indians. But keep pushing that third-world shit.

by Anonymousreply 152April 25, 2021 11:43 PM

These viruses are difficult to control because of the size of the population.

by Anonymousreply 153April 25, 2021 11:45 PM

r153 Brand new information

by Anonymousreply 154April 25, 2021 11:55 PM

'They also have fucked the people by stripping the country of its resources to inflate the Indian economy to "superpower" levels, this has been completely and totally unsustainable. '

Same as they did in Russia and China.

by Anonymousreply 155April 26, 2021 12:21 AM

Half the population of India could die off and the country would still be overpopulated. Ponder that.

by Anonymousreply 156April 26, 2021 12:21 AM

But... but not enough black people win at the Oscars, so America is still the worstest place to live.

by Anonymousreply 157April 26, 2021 12:23 AM

Exactly, R152, and it’s these young middle class professionals who are financially able and socially comfortable with travelling internationally. As a number of people have alluded to upthread - the Indian variant is already out there outside of India.

Here in Australia the whole continent has been mask free and with minimal new cases for a couple of months now, yet the Indian variant has now shown up in a quarantine hotel in Perth, Western Australia and now that city, which luckily is the only aviation international gateway in WA, is in lockdown.

I doubt that it will ever be possible to relax international borders, in Australia at least.

by Anonymousreply 158April 26, 2021 12:30 AM

I’m just saying kween at R154.

by Anonymousreply 159April 26, 2021 12:37 AM

Would probably be the best thing to happen to that country in a long time, R156.

by Anonymousreply 160April 26, 2021 12:40 AM

[quote]News reports saying infections are raging mostly among young middle-class Indians. But keep pushing that third-world shit.

Stop pretending they are not just letting the lower caste rural people die uncounted by the millions. They aren't testing or treating more than half their population. Young middle class Indians are the only ones that count for anything in India. That's the image they want the world to see. Watch India's population drop below 1 billion by the time this is done but we won't know it until 2023 or so.

by Anonymousreply 161April 26, 2021 12:45 AM

When population size is out of control, nature will correct it. There is a limit to how many people can successfully live and survive within the borders of India, or any every other country.

by Anonymousreply 162April 26, 2021 12:49 AM

What about China?

by Anonymousreply 163April 26, 2021 12:53 AM

China a dystopian hellhole that has its population under strict control. Few countries could’ve implemented the same measures they took to address the spread of COVID.

by Anonymousreply 164April 26, 2021 1:16 AM

Do you think that Australia, New Zealand and Taiwan are dystopian hellholes, R164?

I do think, however, that Singapore is a dystopian hellhole.

by Anonymousreply 165April 26, 2021 1:19 AM

[quote]Do you think that Australia, New Zealand and Taiwan are dystopian hellholes

Since when are those countries grossly overpopulated?

by Anonymousreply 166April 26, 2021 1:21 AM

R98 Blacks need to be vaccinated at two/three times the current rates to equalize the death toll between the races.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167April 26, 2021 1:33 AM

You made no mention of gross overpopulation, R164/R166 - only control of the population. There’s a difference, but you know that.

by Anonymousreply 168April 26, 2021 1:33 AM

China looked like this at the start of the pandemic. There were videos from December 2019 of people collapsing in the streets in Wuhan. The Chinese government had them scrubbed from existence.

by Anonymousreply 169April 26, 2021 1:37 AM

India's case rate is still lower than the US when adjusted for population, so all of your overpopulation dying out theories applies to Americans too.

by Anonymousreply 170April 26, 2021 1:41 AM

Not surprised to see some racist comments about Indian.

by Anonymousreply 171April 26, 2021 1:43 AM

[quote]You made no mention of gross overpopulation, [R164]/[R166] - only control of the population. There’s a difference, but you know that.

Since when are Australia and New Zealand overpopulated?

by Anonymousreply 172April 26, 2021 1:47 AM

Nobody said that they are, R172.

by Anonymousreply 173April 26, 2021 2:16 AM

You implied that r173 because you got all pissy that we were "attacking "a non-white country.

by Anonymousreply 174April 26, 2021 2:19 AM

Anyone who knows, what does this mean in terms of vaccine efficacy?

by Anonymousreply 175April 26, 2021 2:44 AM

R174 sorry mate but you’ve lost me, however I’ll leave with you to tell me what I implied in a non-existent post.

by Anonymousreply 176April 26, 2021 3:56 AM

This is only going to get worse.

by Anonymousreply 177April 26, 2021 4:05 AM

Has Hank "Apu" Azaria apologized for the virus yet?

by Anonymousreply 178April 26, 2021 4:09 AM

I guess my week long Tina binge to Goa is cancelled!

by Anonymousreply 179April 26, 2021 4:13 AM

This can't be true. Most of them take Hydroxychloroquine as prophylaxis for Malaria

And we all know that Hydroxychloroquine is a miracle drug when it comes to treating and preventing Covid

by Anonymousreply 180April 26, 2021 4:27 AM

[quote] India is the Third World. Their best and brightest hightail it to North America ASAP.

I tried to hightail it to North America for a Hollywood career but they didn’t want me because I can’t act and I refuse to kiss on the lips (Priyanka does, but she is a whore!), so I join the yacht girls in Cannes every year to debut a ballgown instead.

by Anonymousreply 181April 26, 2021 4:42 AM

[quote]Anyone who knows, what does this mean in terms of vaccine efficacy?

Jury's still out. Scientists are still investigating.

by Anonymousreply 182April 26, 2021 5:10 AM

[quote]"Across these states, nearly a quarter (24%) of White people were fully vaccinated as of April 19, 2021, compared to 19% of Asian people, 14% of Black people, and 12% of Hispanic people."

And we now know it's because of poor access for minorities. In fact, in the Bronx, for example, all the appointments were reserved by white people who got online immediately and took up all the slots despite the fact the vaccinations were nowhere near their own homes.

by Anonymousreply 183April 26, 2021 5:17 AM

I wish India all the luck it can have.

by Anonymousreply 184April 26, 2021 5:20 AM

One of the big problems is that this is being caused by a variant of a variant that seems to escalate very quickly.

They country has run out of oxygen. It's coming here, folks. Get vaccinated!

by Anonymousreply 185April 26, 2021 5:32 AM

But the mind control microchips the government is hiding in the vaccine r185!

by Anonymousreply 186April 26, 2021 5:37 AM

SO Hispanics have the largest percent of vaccination with 39% of their population getting vaccinated (based on the 43 states that have managed to keep track of Hispanics).

by Anonymousreply 187April 26, 2021 6:03 AM

We dont need to concern ourselves about what happens in third world countries like India. They are considered third world for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 188April 26, 2021 6:16 AM

The U.K. is sending oxygen concentrators, non-invasive ventilators and manual ventilators via emergency cargo flights. Further support is planned, but it's not going to be enough. The problem India is facing is absolutely catastrophic; much worse than the 'official' figures.

by Anonymousreply 189April 26, 2021 10:17 AM

We are only as strong as the weakest link.

The overwhelming of the Indian health service will mean that the virus will mutate more, because infected people will be transported from hospital to hospital transmitting the mutations amongst family members. From those mutations, variants of interest and of concern will develop. Those variants have and will transmit to the first world.

What is happening in India, should concern is all. We saw how quickly the original Wuhan strain spread, howl the UK variant did and how the Brazilian and South African ones are.

It won't be long before we see a Delhi variant, causing scientists concern.

by Anonymousreply 190April 26, 2021 10:53 AM

Maybe COVID will kill off all the telephone scammers who keep calling claiming to be the Social Security Administration or Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 191April 26, 2021 11:30 AM

@gavreilly Apr 26 Moderna says it will licence the intellectual property behind its Covid-19 vaccine to other parties - and will also waive the IP on its parents being used in other Covid vaccines

by Anonymousreply 192April 26, 2021 11:39 AM

哈哈哈,印度和美国要加油啊!你们要向我们中国好好学习。

by Anonymousreply 193April 26, 2021 11:53 AM

^ Hahaha, India and the United States have to work hard! You have to learn from our China

by Anonymousreply 194April 26, 2021 12:10 PM

Canada and lots of European countries have stopped all flights to and from India

Not America. Everyone from India is welcome

by Anonymousreply 195April 26, 2021 12:17 PM

India is the USA in a few decades if we don’t get our shit together. Immense wealth disparity and crumbling infrastructure...

by Anonymousreply 196April 26, 2021 12:29 PM

R165 I thought Singapore was supposed to be nice. I was reading about it and feeling envious, and then I read that they don't have enough water, and have to import it. That freaked me out.

My husband is very pro vaccine (and yes we are both vaccinated), but says they need to really get working on cures. Treatments. What about prednisone? There's tons of it and it's cheap as hell. Also, weren't they saying that psychiatric meds work against covid? What's going on with all that?

And I know it doesn't matter at this point, but what ever happened to the blood type thing, about some people being more or less susceptible?

by Anonymousreply 197April 26, 2021 12:37 PM

R197 Singapore used GPS to track the citizen as a disease control method. They claimed that your record could only be obtained by the government if you diagnose with Covid. But soon after, it was discovered the government has been using the data for a lot more things.

by Anonymousreply 198April 26, 2021 12:41 PM

Dear Lord in Heaven!

by Anonymousreply 199April 26, 2021 12:41 PM

R197 who the hell are you that you want news specifically tailored to your own ignorance? Use Google or stay informed during the process, rather than jumping in with backseat directing halfway through.

by Anonymousreply 200April 26, 2021 12:44 PM

Maybe if they had a Big Mac now and then, their immune system could handle it better.

by Anonymousreply 201April 26, 2021 12:46 PM

R201 I give you a WW sir. Thanks for the laugh.

by Anonymousreply 202April 26, 2021 12:51 PM

R197 In Australia you have to sign in most places you go (restaurants, cafes, theatre, cinema, etc) though not for shopping. The sign in is done via one's mobile phone and if you don't have one you sign in with pen & paper.

There hasn't been any reports of Governments misusing the information (to date) but they can monitor movement anyway with most mobile phones (so long as they are on), credit card transactions & cards we use for Public Transport.

by Anonymousreply 203April 26, 2021 1:51 PM

They had a system like that here in my European country too, r203, but they phased it out when they found that Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse were crowding real citizens out of all the bars and restaurants 😉

by Anonymousreply 204April 26, 2021 2:28 PM

I’m relived Canada has I live near one of the biggest Indian communities in Canada and was terrified everyone would be bringing their families over.

by Anonymousreply 205April 26, 2021 2:30 PM

Sorry I meant relieved Canada has stopped allowing flights from India in

by Anonymousreply 206April 26, 2021 2:30 PM

Big Brother type policies like in Singapore and Australia must never be allowed in a free country like the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 207April 26, 2021 2:44 PM

The U.S. is to big and fractured to enact a zero covid policy like those countries, even the liberal states can't lock themselves away.

by Anonymousreply 208April 26, 2021 2:48 PM

Covid is like a cleanse for the overpopulated Third and Developing World. "The World According to Goop"

by Anonymousreply 209April 26, 2021 3:29 PM

But G3, covid won’t make a dent in the population. This is nothing.

by Anonymousreply 210April 26, 2021 3:48 PM

R197, I was coincidentally taking prednisone for a while two different times last year. The first time, I had to take it a week or two after taking my shingles vaccine. They said one of the side effects of taking Shingrex and prednisone close together is that they interact and really lower your immune system a lot. But I had to, so I stayed in the house until a few weeks after the last pill.

I don’t know if there would be an interaction between prednisone and other meds or vaccines, but if prednisone lowers your immune system generally, this is a bad time for it.

by Anonymousreply 211April 26, 2021 3:56 PM

There's something that happens about a week into a Covid infection to some people - cytokine storm or something like that - where you immune system over-reacts to Covid and starts attacking itself. That's the point when taking prednisone saves lives. Unfortunately, I'm not sure you can figure it out yourself - exactly the right time during Covid to start taking prednisone, because it depresses the immune system that could fight off Covid in the early part of the disease.

There's a new treatment that can "wash" covid out of the blood - I forgot the name of it. Kind of like dialysis or something, where they can remove the disease from your blood. (I'm weak on the details because a friend told me about it - I didn't read the study myself)

I think more treatments may be coming - the monoclonal antibodies work, like for our dearly departed orange leader (the dear part is THAT he departed)

by Anonymousreply 212April 26, 2021 4:20 PM

If the scientists would just hurry the hell up with that pill form of the vaccine, we would all be in a much better position.

by Anonymousreply 213April 26, 2021 4:22 PM

I'm old enough to remember lining up as a child to take a sugar cube vaccine against polio. Yumm! I don't remember any ant-vaxxers then but maybe there were, I was only six.

by Anonymousreply 214April 26, 2021 4:23 PM

I had the sugar lump too.

by Anonymousreply 215April 26, 2021 4:25 PM

Damn, some of you are old as shit.

by Anonymousreply 216April 26, 2021 4:28 PM

I had the sugar lump but vomited shortly afterward so maybe I'm not protected against polio, not that anyone catches it nowadays, at least not in Britain.

by Anonymousreply 217April 26, 2021 5:45 PM

R217 it's back in some places! That's what happens when people don't get vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 218April 26, 2021 6:08 PM

R200 Who the hell are you to be so mean? Obviously some people are interested in what I asked. It's all related to the same topic.

by Anonymousreply 219April 26, 2021 6:11 PM

Why is Kamala doing NOTHING?!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 220April 26, 2021 6:19 PM

R209 Spoken like a true German Nazi. No wonder you people started two world wars.

by Anonymousreply 221April 26, 2021 6:24 PM

The Indians on Twitter are really vocal about their America-bashing. Almost like there's a campaign to try to minimize Modi's shitty pandemic handling by framing the US.

It's odd that no one seems to remember India banning export of similar vaccine-producing materials (and vaccines) last year.

They keep bringing up the hydrochloroquinine tablets like everyone in science didn't already know they were worthless at the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222April 26, 2021 6:48 PM

I wish I cared........but it’s India.

by Anonymousreply 223April 26, 2021 6:52 PM

Holy shit the polio sugar lump thing was what? The mid-50s? I had no idea we had posters who were that old on here.

by Anonymousreply 224April 26, 2021 8:07 PM

I think it's been established that we have people in their 80s posting here, R224.

by Anonymousreply 225April 26, 2021 8:22 PM

Contact the White House at the link provide above and tell them to cancel flights from India.

by Anonymousreply 226April 26, 2021 8:24 PM

Kamala is bs’ing about Guatemala and still no comments on India! Unbelievable

by Anonymousreply 227April 26, 2021 8:30 PM

They saw what happened in the US when assholes went to political rallies and mass religious events. They did the same damn thing & have the same damn result. Too bad. America showed you how *not* to do it, India. But you did it anyway. Now you gotta wait like we did for the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 228April 26, 2021 8:39 PM

But NYC employers are pushing for a return to the office - who cares about different strains!

by Anonymousreply 229April 26, 2021 8:46 PM

R224 - Honey I’ve long campaigned to ban posters who aren’t at least 50 years old. You’re a fucking idiot until about 45. Then it takes a few years to grow into the reality you now know.

by Anonymousreply 230April 26, 2021 8:52 PM

The multi-generational, likely unvaccinated tourist families have returned to NYC, blocking the sidewalks and store aisles like the past year never happened.

Today, India; September, USA.

by Anonymousreply 231April 26, 2021 8:54 PM

R231 - No possible way it could happen again here in US. We’re almost all vaccinated. (At Least in my major city)

by Anonymousreply 232April 26, 2021 8:56 PM

But how effective are the vaccines against some of these new variants, R232? Especially this double variant emerging in India?

by Anonymousreply 233April 26, 2021 9:00 PM

R227 Kamala is only Indian when it's convenient. She scores more political points in the US identifying as black anyway.

by Anonymousreply 234April 26, 2021 9:07 PM

It is unclear how the present vaccines will work against new strains.

by Anonymousreply 235April 26, 2021 9:07 PM

Another sugar cube polio vaxxer!

by Anonymousreply 236April 26, 2021 9:13 PM

[quote]No possible way it could happen again here in US.

"Nobody knows anything," declared the late, great William Goldman.

Nobody (including you, 232) knows anything about this novel, metastasizing virus.

by Anonymousreply 237April 26, 2021 9:15 PM

I had my sugar lump polio vaccine in the late 60s.

by Anonymousreply 238April 26, 2021 10:02 PM

That video of a covid ward is frightening. People without masks crying and hugging their dead relatives.

India doesn't have any social media restrictions. Lots of people do understand English and can read media articles about precautions around covid patients. Governmental health officials, hospital management, doctors, nurses must know that this shouldn't be allowed.

We've been with this virus for over a year now. How can people still be so ignorant?

by Anonymousreply 239April 26, 2021 10:08 PM

R239 if you’re wondering about how people can still be so ignorant, you could look closer to home.

by Anonymousreply 240April 26, 2021 10:10 PM

R234 Kamala is two-faced Indian.

by Anonymousreply 241April 26, 2021 10:19 PM

These Kamala-haters need to go back to Fox where they got brainwashed. It's like when anyone mentions Nancy Pelosi's name, a Pavlovian trigger to bark.

As you can see from the earlier post with the Twitter thread from the Hindu English magazine, Indians (or at least their paid trolls) love bashing America for the perceived insult of not prioritizing their broken country over our own. It seems more like an attempt by Modi to distract from his bungled handling of Covid by blaming America. Iran tried the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 242April 26, 2021 10:36 PM

R242 Is Modi responsible for this disaster?

Who do we blame?

by Anonymousreply 243April 26, 2021 10:41 PM

R243 are you kidding?

by Anonymousreply 244April 26, 2021 10:42 PM

[quote]They saw what happened in the US when assholes went to political rallies and mass religious events.

Meanwhile look at the current situation (as of April 20th):

"The CDC also reported that Michigan had by far the highest rate of cases with 485 cases per 100,000 residents over the past 7 days." "New Jersey was second with 285 cases per 100,000 residents, followed by Pennsylvania at 273 cases per 100,000 residents and Delaware with 265 cases per 100,000 residents."

All blue states.

by Anonymousreply 245April 26, 2021 10:53 PM

Of course Modi is to blame! He let it get that bad, authorized giant religious festivals and political rallies. They've just started restrictive measures a couple weeks ago, if even that.

by Anonymousreply 246April 26, 2021 10:55 PM

Yes Modi and government officials are absolutely responsible for this disaster. They knew about the risks. This religious festival where over a million people attended should have never been allowed to happen.

[quote]you could look closer to home.

R240, you aren't allowed to visit a covid ward, esp not without protection.

by Anonymousreply 247April 26, 2021 10:56 PM

R232 The Indian variant has two mutations, that could possibly make it more contagious, and vaccines or previous infections might not protect against it. It's not confirmed, but there's a suspicion.

by Anonymousreply 248April 26, 2021 11:03 PM

R247 I was referring to peoples’ ignorance in general, not about Covid ward visits. Should have made that clearer.

by Anonymousreply 249April 26, 2021 11:08 PM

The new vaccines should offer some protection against it because they are focused on the spike protein, not the rest of the virus. The spike protein is a big part of what makes it so contagious and horrible.

by Anonymousreply 250April 26, 2021 11:16 PM

R247. Modi is to blame! Just like our former prez is to blame!

by Anonymousreply 251April 27, 2021 12:05 AM

INDIA IS HELL, all the time, everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 252April 27, 2021 12:31 AM

India has way too many people, so this shouldn't been seen as all bad.

by Anonymousreply 253April 27, 2021 5:51 AM

This look very DELISH !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254April 27, 2021 6:20 AM

Religious Indians chose to ignore science and gather for their religious rituals.

And now they're dead.

by Anonymousreply 255April 27, 2021 6:32 AM

Religious Americans continue to ignore science.

by Anonymousreply 256April 27, 2021 6:34 AM

These are people, who are dying in the most horrible way. Regardless of race, creed or colour, it's truly shocking to see it happening on such scale and in such horrifying circumstances. I've nothing but sympathy for them all.

by Anonymousreply 257April 27, 2021 6:45 AM

Twitter proves there is nothing woke about them by deleting comments regarding the real death toll on behalf of the Indian government.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258April 27, 2021 11:10 AM

Please, r221, as if that bitch were German (or Gay, for that matter).

Oh, and F&F you too, racist cunt.

by Anonymousreply 259April 27, 2021 11:36 AM

That is because there is like a billion and a third billion people. It would be like if 1 person had it in America.

by Anonymousreply 260April 27, 2021 11:39 AM

It seems Twitter is complying with the (draconian) Indian laws by hiding or deleting those tweets, r258. I read somewhere that the posts can still be read outside India, but are blocked within the country (?)

I didn't even realize that was technologically possible.

by Anonymousreply 261April 27, 2021 11:41 AM

I think that would have been the US as well if Biden hadn't won the election R77. We can lol at them and see what might have been.

by Anonymousreply 262April 27, 2021 11:49 AM

R256 nice Whataboutism, Vishnu.

by Anonymousreply 263April 27, 2021 1:00 PM

I love Indian food but even Indians have told me their country is kind of a shithole

by Anonymousreply 264April 27, 2021 2:20 PM

[quote]We are only as strong as the weakest link.

If only Americans felt this way about economic equality as well.

by Anonymousreply 265April 27, 2021 2:54 PM

Part of being an intelligent American means we have the ability ro realize one can recognize faults in other countries whilst also having faults in our own backyard.

It's cute how the defensive Indian posters seem to think that somehow insulates them from criticism.

If you had any self awareness at all you'd admit there are issues rather than pretending they don't exist. This thread isn't about America, it's about India, so trying to insult us by constantly deflecting to support your bizarre pride is telling.

by Anonymousreply 266April 27, 2021 3:39 PM

Experts fear India has more than half a billion Covid cases.

India, home to the world's worst ongoing coronavirus outbreak, has reported more than 17.6 million cases since the pandemic began last year.

But the real number, experts fear, could be up to 30 times higher -- meaning more than half a billion cases.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267April 27, 2021 4:05 PM

India is no better than China when it comes to government lies and cover-ups. It's about 5% better when it comes to human rights and the treatment of its citizens. Do we just like them better because they speak English?

by Anonymousreply 268April 27, 2021 5:31 PM

[quote]India is no better than China when it comes to government lies and cover-ups.

Yep:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269April 27, 2021 5:32 PM

[quote]Religious Americans continue to ignore science.

Kinda like the lefties who think men dressed in women's clothes are actually women.

by Anonymousreply 270April 27, 2021 5:35 PM

Science is being ignored at all levels R270.

by Anonymousreply 271April 27, 2021 5:36 PM

Science is being ignored by the morons on the far right and the far left, R271. There's still a whole lot of middle between those two made up of people who live in reality.

by Anonymousreply 272April 27, 2021 5:39 PM

Our older kid goes to an international school, many of the students are Indian. Their families are wonderful, smart, polite, really great people. They all have family back in India and so I really feel for them.

by Anonymousreply 273April 27, 2021 5:42 PM

R273 did you ask them about this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274April 27, 2021 5:52 PM

I had hoped that my post of last Saturday (r31), was being too pessimistic. It seems, that it might have been too optimistic, at least in terms of estimates of COVID infections in India, since I estimated 120,000,000 infections, and that CNN article estimated up to 500,000,000 infections. With the very best of care, COVID appears to kill .5 of the infected. That would mean the potential of 2.5 million deaths under the best of all circumstances. India doesn't have the best of all possible circumstances. If, as happened in the early pandemic in places like Italy, the death rate rises to 7% or higher, now we could be talking about 40,000,000 deaths. Unimaginable. That's the population of the entire state of California.

by Anonymousreply 275April 27, 2021 6:01 PM

[quote] US still doesn't ban the flights from India

For what? How do you think New York got hit so hard? The Asshole banned some flights from China and instead of directly into NY they flew all over the world and then into NY. The same thing will happen again unless ALL flights are cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 276April 27, 2021 7:50 PM

R276, you don't just cancel the flights from a country. You ban entry for anyone from that country, whether they skipped all over the globe first or not. It is ridiculous that travel has not been regulated to a much harsher degree when it would be so easy to do. Shows you the power the airline industry holds over our government.

by Anonymousreply 277April 27, 2021 8:46 PM

As we have all learned, stopping flights always happens too late. The Indian variant will show up everywhere just as the British variant, also more infectious and deadly than the original, showed up everywhere within weeks.

So, while we may feel superior by claiming "India is a shithole country" and blah blah blah, as it affects the world the exact same way, with tons going to the hospital and straining medical resources, the virus will show if doesn't care what you think.

by Anonymousreply 278April 28, 2021 1:29 AM

The rich are fleeing to where they can.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279April 28, 2021 1:31 AM

[quote]India is no better than China when it comes to government lies and cover-ups.

Having just lived through the huge lies the Trump administration pushed about covid, not sure anyone in the US can talk about gov lies and cover-ups.

by Anonymousreply 280April 28, 2021 1:31 AM

I hope the pfizer vaccine protects but not sure.

by Anonymousreply 281April 28, 2021 1:32 AM

R280, that's the most idiotic statement on here. Because Trump was a fucking piece of shit, we can't criticize other pieces of shit? You make no sense.

by Anonymousreply 282April 28, 2021 1:51 AM

of course the rich are fleeing. like they do everywhere in the world when there is a deadly crisis and social collapse.

by Anonymousreply 283April 28, 2021 1:52 AM

[quote] Covaxin, India's home-grown COVID-19 vaccine, has been found to neutralise the 617 variant of the deadly virus, White House chief medical adviser and America's top pandemic expert Dr Anthony Fauci said in Washington.

[quote] Fauci was speaking to reporters during a conference call on Tuesday.

[quote]"This is something where we're still gaining data on a daily basis. But the most recent data, was looking at convalescent Sera of COVID-19 cases and people who received the vaccine used in India, the Covaxin. It was found to neutralise the 617 variants," he said.

[quote]"So, despite the real difficulty that we're seeing in India, vaccination could be a very, very important antidote against this," Fauci said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284April 28, 2021 1:57 AM

Shouldn't situations like this lead to a huge brain drain in India. I mean, I don't blame the educated for getting out of a shithole lead by a fascist dictator asap.

Aparently this is what's happening in Turkey now. The elite and the intellectual all hate Erdogan and leave when possible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285April 28, 2021 2:49 AM

r282 the India sympathizers on this thread (and Twitter) are ridiculous. They're either paid trolls who have been tasked with defending India worldwide - which wouldn't be surprising, given how Modi seems to be trying to squelch Indians talking about it and insists that they're handling it just fine, there's no oxygen shortage, etc. (the fact that a Modi government spokesperson is splitting hairs on whether or not there's an oxygen shortage - when large regions can't get enough and is claiming it's just a logistics issue - is pretty telling). Or they are Indians who live in America who are incredibly embarrassed and defensive about the fact that huge parts of their overpopulated country are still shitholes.

I think it's a combination of the two, as you can see how nasty some of them are being in Twitter threads where they are trying to guilt and shame the US into providing more support, in English threads. The US is providing support already, and has provided billions in aid so India could help fix their shitty healthcare system, and is currently providing supplies, etc.. Then you have the Twitter ignorati seeing these pleas and feeling guilty and echoing what the paid trolls are saying.

China and Russia and Iran, of course, have picked up this tactic and as usual are echoing and magnifying it, saying that the US isn't helping India. Which also helps deflect blame from their own lack of support.

by Anonymousreply 286April 28, 2021 2:49 AM

r285 they do leave, if they can afford it. We have Indians clamoring for H1B Visas so they can stay in the US. The ones who stay in India and are doing remote work are doing well, for India, but they can do a lot better in the US.

by Anonymousreply 287April 28, 2021 2:51 AM

Maybe the English should've stayed in charge of India.

by Anonymousreply 288April 28, 2021 3:31 AM

I wonder if any of the former colonies regret self-rule.

by Anonymousreply 289April 28, 2021 3:33 AM

No.

by Anonymousreply 290April 28, 2021 3:39 AM

We had to get oxygen transported from another district yesterday. There is a serious dearth of oxygen plants here. Many districts are completely dependent on the charity of others. More than half of our patients had to be transported to other district because their condition was worsening and they would have died had we kept them. It's a blood bath...and yes the numbers you are hearing from the government are maybe 1/10th of actual numbers. There isn't enough PPE either. The workforce has shrunk considerably because of the number of doctors who have caught the infection and can't work temporarily. It's 100 times more terrible than what is being portrayed. People are having to buy drugs for their ailing relatives from black market at 200 times the original price because of dwindling stock.

by Anonymousreply 291April 28, 2021 4:01 AM

I am sorry for you and all of India to be going through this R291.

by Anonymousreply 292April 28, 2021 4:04 AM

Proving the old Republican adage, 'it's not a crisis or injustice until it happens to me', India is a Covid hell for middle class and wealthier BJP voters. Poorer Indians with no media voice were suffering a long time ago. I'm sure the rich will get theirs and pull the ladder up for others.

by Anonymousreply 293April 28, 2021 4:05 AM

There is no people on earth who would not prefer their own bad government to the good government of an alien power.

by Anonymousreply 294April 28, 2021 7:16 AM

Bad government

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295April 28, 2021 8:21 AM

R295, fucking religion is going to kill us all. Asshole believers in fairy tales and bullshit setting global policy and putting us all at risk, repeatedly. I really would have no issue if every fucking religious person dropped dead tomorrow. It may be the only thing that will save the world.

Right now, we should send as much aid as possible to India and then close the fucking doors before one of the thousand fucking variants they are currently creating escapes.

by Anonymousreply 296April 28, 2021 8:31 AM

Apparently 36% of those tested for COVID in New Delhi this week were positive. 36%!

That means that

a) they definitely do have something like 500 million COVID cases nationwide, and

b) they may be the only country in the world that will reach genuine herd immunity by 2022

by Anonymousreply 297April 28, 2021 9:01 AM

R295 Doesn't Modi actually dislike the Kashmir region and would be happy if they all perished? It doesn't surprise me that he'd do that.

by Anonymousreply 298April 28, 2021 10:25 AM

Condolences, r291. I wish you well, and hope you make it through this.

Much as I loathe all the lockdowns we've had (I'm in Europe), what r291 describes is exactly what they were meant to prevent (and largely did, after the first wave struck Italy unprepared).

FWIW, I'm one of those who has never believed what the Chinese said about their COVID rates -- like India, their true incidence of morbidity and fatality were certainly 10x higher than they let on.

by Anonymousreply 299April 28, 2021 10:58 AM

[quote]Having just lived through the huge lies the Trump administration pushed about covid, not sure anyone in the US can talk about gov lies and cover-ups.

The difference is that Trump, try as he might, couldn't squelch dissenting voices. The leaders in India, China and Iran absolutely do.

by Anonymousreply 300April 28, 2021 12:07 PM

I'm sorry R291. Hope you're staying safe. Where do you live? Are there trustworthy charities we can donate to?

by Anonymousreply 301April 28, 2021 12:13 PM

While it's sad for the family members that lose loved ones. In the overall big picture, India is extremely overpopulated, so losing a few million wouldn't actually be such a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 302April 28, 2021 3:12 PM

Horrific:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303April 28, 2021 4:44 PM

[quote]so losing a few million wouldn't actually be such a bad thing.

It’s not a nice statement to make, but millions does nothing in a place where there are billions.

by Anonymousreply 304April 28, 2021 4:49 PM

Can we agree that there are too many people in India but it is horrible that these people are dying. If I ran the world I would cure Covid and then, after that, pay people in India to use birth control.

by Anonymousreply 305April 28, 2021 6:19 PM

Actually India's current birth rate of 2.22 children born per woman is barely above replacement. It continues to fall. They'll be at population peak sooner rather than later.

by Anonymousreply 306April 28, 2021 6:41 PM

R306, it doesn't really matter if that peak is a billion people too high. Maybe a century in the future that will have some impact but not now.

by Anonymousreply 307April 28, 2021 6:45 PM

The Indians I know don’t give a shit about the poor (caste) or what’s happening over there—except when it comes to their parents. They’re making the big bucks in the US and having lives only their parents and most Americans could dream of.

by Anonymousreply 308April 28, 2021 7:36 PM

They say they don’t care R308?

by Anonymousreply 309April 28, 2021 7:37 PM

Those variants better stay the fuck over there! Do experts know it the current vaccines work against the variants in India?

by Anonymousreply 310April 28, 2021 7:38 PM

They’re quite proud of their country. yet don’t want to live there anymore once they tasted America and how much easier it is to live here (less bureaucracy, cleaner, safer.) When asked about what’s going on it’s a shrug and a head bob like ‘not my problem.’ It’s like the poor aren’t part of India and are so beneath them. They don’t acknowledge them in conversation. They would never say ‘I don’t give a shit’ because that would be wrong and impolite, and not the Hindu way. It’s hard to explain. You have to see the body language and silence and listen to their carefully chosen words.

Modi gets mixed reviews.

by Anonymousreply 311April 28, 2021 7:56 PM

R311 is r308.

by Anonymousreply 312April 28, 2021 7:57 PM

This is what happens when a virulent virus strain hits high population density areas without any preventative measures enforced by the government. It will burn through the population like a fire through a forest.

by Anonymousreply 313April 28, 2021 8:01 PM

If we had the previous leader and administration this is where we would be headed.

by Anonymousreply 314April 28, 2021 8:08 PM

Police in India are prosecuting a man who used Twitter to try to find oxygen for his dying grandfather.

Officers in Uttar Pradesh state charged Shashank Yadav with spreading a rumour over oxygen shortages "with intent to cause... fear or alarm".

Mr Yadav, who did not refer to Covid in his brief tweet, could face jail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315April 28, 2021 8:28 PM

With the pieces of shit in the government I'm not surprised, R315.

by Anonymousreply 316April 28, 2021 8:49 PM

How can it be that people say India is still a democracy? It's a full on dictatorship.

by Anonymousreply 317April 28, 2021 9:38 PM

R291 Stay safe. Thank you for all you do. Praying for your beautiful country and the people of India.

by Anonymousreply 318April 28, 2021 9:48 PM

R291 my heart is breaking for you . If you see this,please tell us what we can do to help .

by Anonymousreply 319April 28, 2021 10:37 PM

r319 that's sweet but totally pointless. What would you do?

by Anonymousreply 320April 28, 2021 11:48 PM

[quote] What would you do?

You can be a Virtue-Signaller.

You can add slogans to your Twitter Feed and Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 321April 29, 2021 12:52 AM

#prayforindia

by Anonymousreply 322April 29, 2021 12:53 AM

# Je Suis Chandra!

by Anonymousreply 323April 29, 2021 12:56 AM

I hope McDonald and Burger King could help by sending some hamburgers to them. Disease is terrible, but a sweet taste of juicy beef could make things better. Protein could also make you strong!

印度加油,我们中国支持你,你们一定可以战胜新冠肺炎!

by Anonymousreply 324April 29, 2021 1:09 AM

Ben and Jerry's are Virtue Signallers.

They could send shiploads of their Ice Cream to the Sub-Continent.

by Anonymousreply 325April 29, 2021 1:15 AM

Can Hindus eat ice cream? It's made from part of their god.

by Anonymousreply 326April 29, 2021 2:05 AM

Mohammudans can eat ice cream. Lots of protein.

by Anonymousreply 327April 29, 2021 2:08 AM

[Quote] Can Hindus eat ice cream? It's made from part of their god.

Cows became holy in Hinduism because the people depend on cows for so much—milk for nutrition, cow dung for fertilizer, cows themselves for farming

by Anonymousreply 328April 29, 2021 3:11 AM

[quote] cow dung for fertilizer,

That's such an unpleasant reason to deify something. It's as bizarre as that New Guinean tribe who chose to deify Prince Phillip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329April 29, 2021 3:24 AM

R329, well, their god just croaked

by Anonymousreply 330April 29, 2021 3:46 AM

I'd really, REALLY like to know what the Hindu religious leaders and community think of the fact that their massive holy festival turned out to be the biggest superspreader event since WW1.

Is there repentance and rethinking? Stubborn denial and defiance? Insistence that the spiritual can rise above earthly concerns such as an overhwhelmed healthcare system and loved ones dying slow deaths?

by Anonymousreply 331April 29, 2021 4:14 AM

This is population control for 1.4 billion people.

by Anonymousreply 332April 29, 2021 4:34 AM

R332, no it isn't. COVID will barely make a dent.

by Anonymousreply 333April 29, 2021 4:36 AM

Half the Indian population could die off and they would still have almost half a billion people. Half a billion! It's hard to comprehend.

Population control is one of the most important issues of the 21st Century. We will not survive on this planet unless something is done about it.

Unfortunately, religion continues to fuck everything up.

by Anonymousreply 334April 29, 2021 4:37 AM

Is half a billion dead people an environmental hazard? Wouldn't that stink up the entire world? Or how could India find enough wood to burn all that?

by Anonymousreply 335April 29, 2021 6:34 AM

R335, the fire from one burning body will burn the next burning body once it gets going. Like a giant human corpse bonfire where the wood is the corpses.

by Anonymousreply 336April 29, 2021 6:37 AM

Now they’re coming over here to have babies like good little soldiers. Can’t disappoint their parents—ever.

by Anonymousreply 337April 29, 2021 7:02 AM

I really have to laugh at R213. What a supreme jackass

by Anonymousreply 338April 29, 2021 7:20 AM

That asshole Ranbir Kapoor a few years ago if I'm remembering right was basically claiming that big time Hollywood producers were "begging" him to star in of their movies r279 and that he turned them down.

Some of those Bollywood celebrities SRK's wife and their son are fleeing to America like New York City for example.

by Anonymousreply 339April 29, 2021 10:38 AM

The U.S. government told its citizens to leave India as soon as possible because of the country’s escalating COVID-19 crisis. In a Level 4 travel advisory — the highest issued by the Department of State — U.S. citizens were told “not to travel to India or to leave as soon as it is safe to do so.”

The advisory then pointed out the 14 direct daily flights between India and the U.S. and other services that connect through Europe, which will allow U.S. citizens can bring the Indian coronavirus variant(s) back to America with them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340April 29, 2021 12:21 PM

So don't blame the native streetshitters for bringing the covid variants into the USA, blame Kaddysen who just had to go backpacking through Chennai now.

by Anonymousreply 341April 29, 2021 12:41 PM

The population may get larger as a result of covid! There needs to beba global cap on reproduction.

by Anonymousreply 342April 29, 2021 12:44 PM

*be a

by Anonymousreply 343April 29, 2021 12:44 PM

^^Thank you for the announcement and good luck with that

by Anonymousreply 344April 29, 2021 12:50 PM

There needs to be kween!

by Anonymousreply 345April 29, 2021 12:56 PM

The whole country should just be nuked, solves two problem in one shot.

by Anonymousreply 346April 29, 2021 2:58 PM

[quote] U.S. citizens can bring the Indian coronavirus variant(s) back to America with them

I understand that all US bound passengers require negative PCR test result at most 3 days? And is advised to have another one a few days after arriving.

by Anonymousreply 347April 29, 2021 3:26 PM

People are being pretty harsh on this thread. These are human beings.

by Anonymousreply 348April 29, 2021 3:58 PM

Humans that didn’t ask for this virus, R348.

by Anonymousreply 349April 29, 2021 3:59 PM

R291 here Thank you for the well wishes. We are all keeping our fingers crossed and doing the best with whatever is available.

R346 You are a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 350April 29, 2021 4:15 PM

R274 , I don’t understand mocking poor people and what your link has to do with anything. Not everyone is lucky enough to be born in a country where jobs like that aren’t a reality. These are actual human beings that were dealt a different hand than you, don’t act like such a gross person.

by Anonymousreply 351April 29, 2021 4:24 PM

"People are being pretty harsh on this thread. These are human beings."

Human beings that weren't protected from the virus by their government and religious leaders, and human beings that largely lack access to medical care during the current crisis.

So I DO hope you don't mind if some of us carry on bashing the Indian government.

by Anonymousreply 352April 29, 2021 8:42 PM

Anyone know a good organization to send a contribution to?

by Anonymousreply 353April 29, 2021 9:08 PM

R353 Glad you asked. The Trump Organization is accepting checks on behalf of the Indian government.

by Anonymousreply 354April 29, 2021 9:15 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355April 29, 2021 11:24 PM

Can some of the bodies be composted? I just read about that today in the NYT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356April 29, 2021 11:33 PM

R352 I didn't see a lot of government bashing. I did see a lot of unhinged freaks wishing for mass extinction, though.

by Anonymousreply 357April 29, 2021 11:50 PM

There is something pathological about how some DLers see the world through a Trump-colored lens. I feel bad for these people.

by Anonymousreply 358April 29, 2021 11:53 PM

Cremation is an important part of Hinduism. Hindus believe in reincarnation, and the soul is believed attached to its body, so cremation severs the tie of the soul to the current body so that it can be reborn. With the current explosion of deaths, there are not enough logs around to cremate all the dead in large cities. That's why they are talking about cutting down trees in parks, etc.

by Anonymousreply 359April 30, 2021 12:39 AM

Religion has always been the biggest obstacle for reason, progress, liberalism, equality.

by Anonymousreply 360April 30, 2021 12:43 AM

^agreed

by Anonymousreply 361April 30, 2021 12:44 AM

Mao was the worst of them all.

by Anonymousreply 362April 30, 2021 12:48 AM

Since when have Stalin, Mao or Hitler been in favor of equality, reason, liberalism and progress? Nonreligious cults are just as bad as religious ones.

by Anonymousreply 363April 30, 2021 12:52 AM

Mao was woke.

by Anonymousreply 364April 30, 2021 12:53 AM

Does anyone know if NY or the entire country has stopped allowing people to from India to come here? I sure hope so. When the US was the worst in the world for Covid many countries didn't allow us to come into their country and rightfully so.

by Anonymousreply 365April 30, 2021 12:53 AM

Do they have steel mills? I saw a picture of Wuhan where everything was totally shut down except a steel mill that had been closed for years suddenly reopened. Probably as a crematorium. Those poor people. I can't even imagine and I've spent over a year imagining worst case scenario. Tucker Carlson and Joe Rogan and MAGAts will bring this here

by Anonymousreply 366April 30, 2021 12:59 AM

[quote]Tucker Carlson and Joe Rogan and MAGAts will bring this here

Meanwhile back in reality: the 10 states with the highest case numbers are all Blue. (NYTimes Updated April 29, 2021)

by Anonymousreply 367April 30, 2021 1:32 AM

The number of deaths is still a very tiny fraction of the population.

by Anonymousreply 368April 30, 2021 1:45 AM

Do you honestly believe a country with over a billion people piled on top of each in unsanitary conditions with bad healthcare has only has 200,000 deaths like Worldodometer is reporting?

by Anonymousreply 369April 30, 2021 1:59 AM

A friend of mine in lives in an apartment in Bangalore. The government is going door to door testing everyone. My friend and her husband both tested positive yesterday when they came by.

They said that starting on May 1st they are going to drop the age limit and people under 45 can all get vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 370April 30, 2021 2:27 AM

It's going to be a lot higher than that real soon, R368, no matter what the government does, because FYI people don't die quickly from COVID. Infection is rampant in the population and the healthcare system is hopelessly inadequate to the crisis, and the government that fucked up and allowed this to happen isn't about to release accurate death numbers... if anyone counts the deaths of the poor at all.

Now of course if the government wanted to be useful they'd be locking everything in the country down and putting all the country's resources into the healthcare system, but it sounds like the dirtbags in charge would rather just let the poor die.

by Anonymousreply 371April 30, 2021 2:32 AM

[quote]Tucker Carlson and Joe Rogan and MAGAts will bring this here

They'll bering this here??

(R367 totally ignoring the fact that Biden still hasn't banned flights from India}

by Anonymousreply 372April 30, 2021 2:34 AM

R369 No, but the figures on WorldMeters are the 'offical' numbers.

Many countries are known to under reporting: India, Iran, Russia, China, USA, UK, Brazil, Hungary and pretty much anywhere else where the virus is rampart.

Others like Mexico formally acknowledge that the figures are only the ones they are aware of and that the real figures are much high.

by Anonymousreply 373April 30, 2021 2:35 AM

US and Brazil still have more deaths

by Anonymousreply 374April 30, 2021 2:37 AM

But in the US they’re not dropping in streets (that I’m aware of.)

by Anonymousreply 375April 30, 2021 2:44 AM

R374 And the EU has even more deaths than the US and Brazil.

The situation in India is so out of control....you really think records are being kept?

by Anonymousreply 376April 30, 2021 2:55 AM

There’s not a chance the US has more deaths than Brazil or India. On paper yes because we keep track of everything. It’s impossible to keep track of deaths in places like Brazil and India with such densely populated slums, and the government would hide the numbers anyway.

I know it’s the current trend to act like the US is some third world hell hole and is the worst country for everything but come on.

by Anonymousreply 377April 30, 2021 3:00 AM

We don't need to concern ourselves about what is going on in India. It is a shit hole, third world country, who cares!

by Anonymousreply 378April 30, 2021 3:59 AM

These figures don't seem hellishly worse than Iran, Italy, USA and Brazil at their peaks.

I think an issue is that they don't have beds so we are seeing all the dying. In Italy the old just died in their apartments, nobody brought them to hospital.

And in India they burn the bodies with is a spectacular display of death right in the overpopulated cities. Whereas in other countries they were shoved discretely into trucks and shipped out of town to mass graves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379April 30, 2021 4:09 AM

R372, they're literally sitting on their fat vaccinated and masked asses and telling people not to get vaccinated and to call the cops on anyone who puts their kids in a mask. So really, go fuck yourself. None of us would

by Anonymousreply 380April 30, 2021 4:09 AM

All the reporting out of India, including directly from doctors, says that the “numbers” coming out need to be tripled or quadrupled to be considered accurate. No way only 3k people are dying a day.

by Anonymousreply 381April 30, 2021 4:12 AM

R380 As of Wednesday, 10 countries have banned flights from India. The US isn't one of them. Why?

I'd worry more about that.

by Anonymousreply 382April 30, 2021 4:14 AM

"the 10 states with the highest case numbers are all Blue."

highest REPORTED cases

Now that's reality r367.

by Anonymousreply 383April 30, 2021 4:18 AM

And we don’t hide our numbers

by Anonymousreply 384April 30, 2021 4:23 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385April 30, 2021 4:27 AM

^ I can't read that because it's behind a paywall.

Does it tell me who I need to blame?

by Anonymousreply 386April 30, 2021 4:30 AM

The best way to work out a more accurate estimate of COVID deaths seems to be to look at the country/area's average deaths in non-COVID years and compare it to when the country had COVID. Russia's excess mortality that they haven't attributed to COVID in particular is very high (quelle surprise).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387April 30, 2021 4:32 AM

R381 Some reports say 10 times worse than what is actually reported. Thousands are dying at home daily.

During the Spanish Flu of 1918-1920 it is estimated that 17 to 20 million Indians died. People dying on the streets, etc. The exact same thing is playing out. It is estimated that after this wave up to 40 million people in India may be dead.

by Anonymousreply 388April 30, 2021 4:44 AM

R388 Here - I forgot to add that experts believe the peak won't be reached for another 2 to 3 weeks! I can't even get my mind around it.

by Anonymousreply 389April 30, 2021 4:46 AM

R386 The Guardian has no paywall. Actually read the popup.

by Anonymousreply 390April 30, 2021 4:51 AM

R383 No other state has under reported Covid deaths as much as Cuomo's New York. The excess mortality rate tells the story: "The largest relative increase in all-cause mortality was experienced by New York (38.1 percent). " April 2, 2021 Journal of the American Medical Association.

by Anonymousreply 391April 30, 2021 4:53 AM

People are dying, not just of Covid, but of all causes because the healthcare system is saturated. In the last 10 days, 12 000 people died in New Delhi (all causes). Pre-Covid, that's how many people would have died in a month. And that's just one city.

For people here who don't give a fuck if people are dying horribly as long as it's not them, this will have consequences for all of us. First because the Indian variant is spreading right now (and that other variants might emerge because of the high rate of transmission), but also because India is the first provider of generic drugs and this crisis might impact their pharmaceutical exports.

by Anonymousreply 392April 30, 2021 10:03 AM

[quote]Does anyone know if NY or the entire country has stopped allowing people to from India to come here?

Indians who want to fly here just have to be in possession of a negative PCR test, which they can readily obtain on the black market.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393April 30, 2021 11:16 AM

Reuters: France detects its first cases of the Indian Covid variant, in three French residents who traveled to India.

by Anonymousreply 394April 30, 2021 3:27 PM

[quote]Indians who want to fly here just have to be in possession of a negative PCR test, which they can readily obtain on the black market.

Which is why Canada is not only requiring a negative PCR test just prior to flying into the country, but to take another test and stay in hotel quarantine for 3 days - unless that second test comes back positive.

by Anonymousreply 395April 30, 2021 3:48 PM

Here, just a world map by population, which is dominated by India.

Although do look over to the left, at the US and Canada...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396April 30, 2021 4:31 PM

Second highest world population. Way too many people.

by Anonymousreply 397April 30, 2021 4:43 PM

Kaitlin Collins:

A White House official tells CNN that on the advice of the CDC, the Biden administration will restrict travel from India starting May 4.

by Anonymousreply 398April 30, 2021 6:41 PM

India reports 401,911 new coronavirus cases today, by far the biggest one-day increase on record, and 3,521 new deaths.

by Anonymousreply 399April 30, 2021 7:55 PM

New deaths in hospitals most likely. God knows how many are burning up in parking lots.

by Anonymousreply 400April 30, 2021 8:13 PM

[quote]God knows how many are burning up in parking lots.

Welcome to the Kwik-E-Mart!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401April 30, 2021 9:03 PM

I’m so sari to hear this.

by Anonymousreply 402April 30, 2021 9:17 PM

"The virus will go away after the election."....

by Anonymousreply 403April 30, 2021 9:30 PM

I never realized how much India was like China in that it was concerned about its image to the point where it would lie and obfuscate such important and serious numbers, government-wide. Authoritarian leaders definitely have a playbook.

by Anonymousreply 404April 30, 2021 9:37 PM

So the US is now banning flights from India starting Tuesday

by Anonymousreply 405April 30, 2021 11:13 PM

Or what R398 said.

☺️☺️

by Anonymousreply 406April 30, 2021 11:15 PM

There was an article today that mentioned a woman who died after her oxygen was taken away to be given to a VIP instead. Her son begged for them not to take it, but he didn't have the money to compete with the VIP. That's how things work in a place like that.

by Anonymousreply 407May 1, 2021 12:58 AM

It's depressing that just over the border in Everest Base Camp. the rich whores have thousands of bottles of 02 stockpiled ready for their attempts on the mountain.

by Anonymousreply 408May 1, 2021 1:24 AM

'I know it’s the current trend to act like the US is some third world hell hole and is the worst country for everything but come on.'

They tried to say the same about the UK but the NHS and the private hospitals catalogued every single death, at home or in a ward. That's why our figures were the worst in the world last January, but at least we weren't underestimating. Now thanks to a mammoth vaccine programme and three months of hard lockdown, we're averaging only 20-30 deaths a day.

by Anonymousreply 409May 1, 2021 1:26 AM

R407 That is how it happens all over the world. A shocking story.

by Anonymousreply 410May 1, 2021 3:31 AM

[quote] to the point where it would lie and obfuscate such important and serious numbers

Getta load of R404 and her 800 verbal SAT score.

by Anonymousreply 411May 1, 2021 3:55 AM

We're not all druggies, whores and high-school-dropouts, R411.

by Anonymousreply 412May 1, 2021 4:10 AM

We are very lucky that we had a lot of democrats willing to bash trump. Otherwise, with trump and the repugs completely in charge, we would have been just like India

Most of his businesses ended up like India is now, on fire

by Anonymousreply 413May 1, 2021 5:12 AM

And some Republicans who were willing to say the emperor had no clothes, too! All hail every one who spoke truth to corruption and power, even if it didn't help their political careers.

by Anonymousreply 414May 1, 2021 5:53 AM

The reason why the virus has been so rampant in the UK and the US is because there's a ton of international travel and the politicians didn't shut that down. I can guarantee you that the Indian variants are already in the US and they're in the UK now.

by Anonymousreply 415May 1, 2021 6:02 AM

R145, they are already here, in CA an TN!

by Anonymousreply 416May 1, 2021 6:16 AM

Once a disgusting shit hole...

by Anonymousreply 417May 1, 2021 6:44 AM

Report from Indian scientists about the Indian Variant:

The new Indian variant had two significant mutations to the portion of the virus that attaches to human cells, and it had been traced in 15% to 20% of samples from Maharashtra, India's worst-affected state.

The draft statement said that the mutations, called E484Q and L452R, were of “high concern.” It said “there is data of E484Q mutant viruses escaping highly neutralising antibodies in cultures, and there is data that L452R mutation was responsible for both increased transmissibility and immune escape."

In other words, essentially, this meant that mutated versions of the virus could more easily enter a human cell and counter a person’s immune response to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418May 1, 2021 10:00 AM

I feel the dread I felt last February all over again

by Anonymousreply 419May 1, 2021 11:09 AM

We still allow flight, this is the dumbest fucking thing. It's like the government wants more lockdowns and businesses to fail.

by Anonymousreply 420May 1, 2021 11:11 AM

For those who said shithole country, please know that this term is popularized by the Donald.

by Anonymousreply 421May 1, 2021 11:18 AM

Almost 19,000 new sick people EVERY DAY in Thulasendrapuram!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422May 1, 2021 11:20 AM

R421 yes, we know, and it's still an apt term.

by Anonymousreply 423May 1, 2021 11:43 AM

The situation must not be so bad. They are still celebrating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424May 1, 2021 12:00 PM

[quote]It's depressing that just over the border in Everest Base Camp. the rich whores have thousands of bottles of 02 stockpiled ready for their attempts on the mountain.

Speaking of: At least one climber on Mount Everest has tested positive for Covid-19, just weeks after the world's tallest peak reopened to climbers following a year of closure.

Reports say a sherpa in his party had also tested positive for the virus.

by Anonymousreply 425May 1, 2021 12:02 PM

There's a big difference between oxygen for the relative handful who scale Everest each year and the OVER A BILLION PEOPLE IN INDIA.

Also as the Indian representative prissily noted, it's not that India doesn't have the oxygen, it's that they don't have the ability to GET IT TO where it's needed. Outside of the main cities the country has piss-poor infrastructure.

by Anonymousreply 426May 1, 2021 12:05 PM

Travel restrictions would be good, but it's a bit late. There's no way all cases are identified and the variant is probably present in more countries then reported.

The spike in India might have been caused by the higher transmissibility of their variant, but also because of super spreader events. It might go differently in other countries, I hope the "local strains" will compete with it so it won't spread as much. But yes, I feel the same, R419.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427May 1, 2021 12:13 PM

Yet they can spend billions on nuclear weapons.

by Anonymousreply 428May 1, 2021 12:13 PM

^ and Rockets

by Anonymousreply 429May 1, 2021 12:18 PM

So is my Pfizer vaccination going to help against this or am I just as fucked as I was weeks ago?

by Anonymousreply 430May 1, 2021 12:20 PM

There is literally no point in the vaccine, the virus will mutate around it. Lockdowns were pointless as well.

by Anonymousreply 431May 1, 2021 12:21 PM

R430 there's been some evidence that the MRNA vaccines like Pfizer work against the newer variants as well.

R431 I think you have mistaken this site for Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 432May 1, 2021 12:23 PM

R424 HI FAT TROLL - Your video and the event pictured is EARLY APRIL, not yesterday. And everyone now knows it was a mistake to let those events happen.

KEEP ON TROLLING WITH YOUR DISHONEST PRESENT TENSE.

fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling fat trolls be trolling

by Anonymousreply 433May 1, 2021 12:24 PM

Indian COVID-19 variant with double mutation detected in Michigan yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434May 1, 2021 12:26 PM

R433 Modi knew at the time it was a mistake as the numbers were already rising. This massive spike didn't just happen last week. He gambled and lost.

by Anonymousreply 435May 1, 2021 12:31 PM

God, this is a perfect storm - the CDC telling vaccinated people they don't have to wear masks, states reopening and more contagious variant already in three states. Anyone still trying to buy tickets Hamilton tickets?

by Anonymousreply 436May 1, 2021 12:35 PM

R436 MARY!

by Anonymousreply 437May 1, 2021 12:37 PM

R435 that's my point. So why is R424 LYING about the parties continuing now! The event was over two weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 438May 1, 2021 12:38 PM

R438 Kumbh Mela is a festival that is many events over several weeks. It didn't end until yesterday, I think.

by Anonymousreply 439May 1, 2021 1:03 PM

Yeah normally it's held over three months, I guess? It was reduced to one month because of the pandemic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440May 1, 2021 1:06 PM

It shouldn't have been even one day.

by Anonymousreply 441May 1, 2021 5:50 PM

"Speaking of: At least one climber on Mount Everest has tested positive for Covid-19, just weeks after the world's tallest peak reopened to climbers following a year of closure."

That reminds me, has anyone started our annual clucking over the Everest climbing season thread?

If there's COVID in the filthy base camp, this year should provide a clusterfuck to remember!

by Anonymousreply 442May 1, 2021 5:59 PM

Before we get too far into the "they're way over there" mindset, it's a good thing to recognize that almost 1 out of 5 people on the planet is Indian, and 1 out of 5 is Chinese. (2/5ths of the world's population in TWO COUNTRIES). That's sort of mind-boggling. China is getting close to zero population growth, and then will have rapid population decline - and India is expected to get to zero population growth in about 25 years based on current trends. (COVID might accelerate those trends).

by Anonymousreply 443May 1, 2021 6:16 PM

That is shocking, R407!

by Anonymousreply 444May 1, 2021 6:33 PM

[quote]A White House official tells CNN that on the advice of the CDC, the Biden administration will restrict travel from India starting May 4.

I wonder if the GOP will refer to it as a racist ban on travel from predominantly Hindu countries, as turnabout is fair play.

by Anonymousreply 445May 1, 2021 8:13 PM

There was a fire in a Covid ward and 18 Covid patients died from the fire

by Anonymousreply 446May 2, 2021 2:09 AM

R442, there's an Everest 2021 thread already with over 200 posts. Search 'Everest 2021'.

by Anonymousreply 447May 2, 2021 4:32 PM

R446 I bet they were still marked down as covid deaths, have to maintain that narrative.

by Anonymousreply 448May 2, 2021 6:23 PM

Nearby Nepal has cancelled all domestic flights including helicopters, stranding hundreds of rich climbers at Everest Base Camp. If they want to leave after Tuesday, they'll either have to wait for domestic flights to resume, or trek out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449May 2, 2021 6:54 PM

I’m sure the Everest climbers are always up for a new challenge.

by Anonymousreply 450May 2, 2021 7:05 PM

These are the people who shit in the street.

by Anonymousreply 451May 2, 2021 7:06 PM

The far Left is already blaming Biden.

by Anonymousreply 452May 2, 2021 7:13 PM

I would never fly Air India because of the stories I’ve heard about passengers taking their fingers and smearing them on the walls.

by Anonymousreply 453May 2, 2021 8:54 PM

r452 a lot of that is paid propaganda trolls from India. They are trying to shame the West into giving them free medicines and money. There's too many of them, all posting in English the most eyerollingly guilt-inducing arguments they can post, for it to be natural.

Like, since when did your country become our responsibility? You're the ones who fucked it up. And the massive Covid outbreak was caused by Modi, who STILL has not had a nationwide lockdown because he doesn't want to hurt the economy. Perhaps he should do something first, then call us.

by Anonymousreply 454May 2, 2021 9:31 PM

The media exaggerated the severity. It is not that bad.

They are still celebrating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455May 3, 2021 12:08 AM

R454 Modi is probably listening to those saying the new case numbers will peak on its own, so he's only going to do the minimal response like imposing a short "lockdown" and supplying more oxygen instead of dealing with the virus spread seriously.

by Anonymousreply 456May 3, 2021 3:53 AM

The media exaggerated it R455?

by Anonymousreply 457May 3, 2021 4:01 AM

R456 interesting how Modi only seems to listen to those who tell him what he wants to hear. And also interesting that you are providing an excuse for Modi ("he's listening to his advisors!").

You just need to look at how he is reacting to this - by banning people posting about how bad things are in India on pain of personal punishment, and unleashing his Twitter trolls to try to make it - somehow - America's fault for not fixing the problem for them.

by Anonymousreply 458May 3, 2021 12:11 PM

[quote] May Allah save them from this difficult time.

If Allah was real India wouldn't be going through all this.

by Anonymousreply 459May 3, 2021 12:15 PM

I don't think Hinduism recognize Allah.

by Anonymousreply 460May 3, 2021 12:24 PM

R455, just like they did -- and will do again -- in the US.

by Anonymousreply 461May 3, 2021 7:29 PM

I don't think they deserve any help, they know about covid, they have relatives dying in the street and yet they still go to festivals to throw shit at each other. You couldn't make it up. I think movie goers owe a lot of screenwriters apologies for mocking them due to finding characters choices in disaster movies questionable, who knew real life would be even fucking worse!

by Anonymousreply 462May 3, 2021 7:31 PM

[quote] go to festivals to throw shit at each other

Mary !

by Anonymousreply 463May 3, 2021 9:49 PM

R458 No different than Trump listening to his sycophant "doctors" or "experts" telling him it was just a flu and it would be over on its own soon. These leaders don't seem to get it will never be over if they just let the virus run. Once one outbreak is over, the virus will just be moving on to another place and start another outbreak.

by Anonymousreply 464May 3, 2021 10:27 PM

I guess Karma is scaleable.

by Anonymousreply 465May 3, 2021 10:54 PM

Huge unweildy countries full of ignorant and/or religious peasants are just hopeless. See Russia, China, Brazil, and yes, good ole looney toons USA.

by Anonymousreply 466May 3, 2021 11:46 PM

Meant to include India, of course - others may apply (Mexico? Indonesia? Philippines? Kazakhstan? Iran?...)

by Anonymousreply 467May 3, 2021 11:48 PM

Minute 9 of this video: Nevada 7 cases of the Indian variant were found in Nevada, in different counties, apparently among people who had not traveled - suggesting community spread. You in danger, gurls!

The youtube doctor suggests that the US allowed flights from India for far too long. (still going to the 5th of May or something?) Hello India Virus, come on in!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468May 4, 2021 2:22 AM

It’s actually not surprising about Indian variant cases in Washoe County and Churchill County NV. It makes perfect sense.

Silicon Valley and SF are full of Indian IT workers with lots of money. Bay Area residents often travel to Reno for a quickie weekend vacation. Washoe County is Reno and Carson City, the state capital, and that’s about it. Churchill County is next door and there’s nothing much there.

Some Churchill County resident probably went to Reno, came in contact with Indians who are resident IT workers in the Bay Area, and they passed it to him. They’ve probably recently been to India. But this is not going to show up as Indian tourists, because they’re residents here or maybe even naturalized with family in India.

SoCal residents on a quick weekend holiday go to Vegas, NoRCal residents go to Reno. It’s $45 one way from SF to Reno on Amtrak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469May 4, 2021 2:57 AM

The US ban on people from India does not apply to US citizens. Sure. Why not? They're magically protected or something, right? Just fly in and out and in and out of India all you want. No problem.

by Anonymousreply 470May 4, 2021 3:24 AM

R462 which festival is that?

by Anonymousreply 471May 4, 2021 4:11 AM

The U.S. should not take this lightly. All those of Indian decent should be put in a quarantine facility immediately.

by Anonymousreply 472May 4, 2021 4:14 AM

Are any of the current vaccines effective, even to some degree, to the Indian variant?

by Anonymousreply 473May 4, 2021 4:19 AM

Apparently, a Doctor from NJ (probably 70 yr old) got covid in India and died. He was vaccinated with Pfizer and probably thought he was fully protected. Not sure if this is unique to the variant or a breakthrough case of which CDC said there were a few.

by Anonymousreply 474May 4, 2021 4:24 AM

Don't the airlines require proof of vaccination to fly now?

by Anonymousreply 475May 4, 2021 9:09 AM

R474 link?

by Anonymousreply 476May 4, 2021 9:09 AM

R475 - no, but they should.

by Anonymousreply 477May 4, 2021 9:23 AM

Australia has suspended the arrival of all its citizens from India until May the 15th when the decision will be reviewed. Of course, there is mounting pressure on the government to reverse it. But it's hard to imagine any amount of complaining from Indians will make them change their minds when the parochial tough approach has so far managed to keep its country-bound citizens safe.

by Anonymousreply 478May 4, 2021 11:48 AM

Maybe a Trump is secretly in charge of the Indian government?

by Anonymousreply 479May 4, 2021 6:49 PM

R479 Trump set a bad example in mismanaging the pandemic, and many democratic/populist leaders around the world followed his lead in letting the virus run wild for too long. All these variants are the consequences of the continuing virus outbreaks around the world over the past year. Even vaccination may not hold up against a virus that is given all the opportunities to change and adapt.

by Anonymousreply 480May 4, 2021 7:55 PM

Remember when Trump banned travel from China and was labelled a racist, interesting how things have turned out...

by Anonymousreply 481May 4, 2021 8:43 PM

Yes, R481 we can help make America great and healthy by excluding the disease-carriers.

by Anonymousreply 482May 4, 2021 10:03 PM

R474 is referring to Dr Rajendra Kapila from NJ. His wife is also a doctor and went with him to India. The article quoted her as saying he got both doses of the Pfizer vaccine in the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483May 4, 2021 11:06 PM

R481 people didn't label Trump a racist for banning flights from China. They did it because he kept calling it the Chinese Virus or Kung-Flu. Plus, he's a racist.

by Anonymousreply 484May 4, 2021 11:14 PM

R483 they don't say WHEN he got the second dose. If he got it and then flew shortly after he wouldn't have been protected yet. It can take 2-6 weeks for the immune system to produce enough antibodies to fight off a new infection.

by Anonymousreply 485May 4, 2021 11:16 PM

I thought you were fully vaccinated after 2 weeks after the second shot.

by Anonymousreply 486May 5, 2021 12:10 AM

[quote]people didn't label Trump a racist for banning flights from China.

You are wrong about that. The NYTimes even ran an op-ed about how the ban was racist. The Guardian did too.

by Anonymousreply 487May 5, 2021 12:16 AM

Ban on muslims had nothing to do with COVID or disease. Banning a citizens of country based on a raging epidemic of a deadly disease is not primarily a racist gesture.

by Anonymousreply 488May 5, 2021 12:21 AM

'But it's hard to imagine any amount of complaining from Indians will make them change their minds when the parochial tough approach has so far managed to keep its country-bound citizens safe.'

They were letting in Aussie citizens from the UK in January when the UK had 1800 deaths a day. Perchance racism is afoot. They made the Uk arrivals quarantine in government run hotels for two weeks but they let them in.

by Anonymousreply 489May 5, 2021 12:38 AM

R485 They were both doctors and he was an infectious diseases expert, so they must know how the vaccine works. They could even have tested themselves for antibodies if they wanted to before leaving for India. The bigger issue is he was 81 and probably shouldn't have taken the risk of going even after vaccination, when new cases were already increasing in India.

by Anonymousreply 490May 5, 2021 12:40 AM

I saw something in passing today saying initial tests indicate that the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines appear to offer decent protection against the new Indian variants. Hoping this is true.

by Anonymousreply 491May 5, 2021 12:43 AM

R490 you are right probably because a doctor in South Carolina died after being fully vaccinated. He was also above 80. Guess age is a factor as immunity produced by vaccines does not confer 100% protection.

by Anonymousreply 492May 5, 2021 1:06 AM

R492, my 74 year old mother in law has had both doses of her Astra Z vaccine but she was also enrolled in a programme to check how many antibodies people had six weeks after the final dose, and she was told she had none! Not a nice thing to hear when you're 74.

by Anonymousreply 493May 5, 2021 1:09 AM

R487 link? If one of their op ed writers had an issue with the ban then I'm sure it was due to what they assumed his intent was at the time. He's used flight bans before to block predominately Muslim countries from entering the US.

by Anonymousreply 494May 5, 2021 1:35 AM

R486 it's two weeks to six weeks. It depends on the person how fast their antibodies build up. You can get an antibody test and see where you are if you don't want to wait the full six weeks to do whatever.

R490 I'm sure he knew but that doesn't mean they followed the guidance. Doctors especially who have expertise in narrow fields can be breathtakingly dumb outside of that (see: Ben Carson). I'm not saying that's what happened, but it's definitely still a possibility since the details weren't provided in the news article.

I do understand that the vaccine doesn't offer total protection but it's supposed to keep covid at least from progressing to the fatal stage.

by Anonymousreply 495May 5, 2021 1:40 AM

Really r493? None? Wow, that’s bad.

by Anonymousreply 496May 5, 2021 1:43 AM

When I got the Pfizer shot I was told that two shots conferred "94% immunity", and that nobody knows how long the immunity lasts.

I didn't hesitate to take the shot, of course, as I'm a front-line healthcare worker and get exposed at work, and even with the PPE I want ever ounce of protection I can get! But nobody ever said the vaccine confers 100% immunity or permanent immunity, so I would expect that if vaccinated people are in high-risk environments and don't have ideal PPE, a few of them will get sick. This is not a reason to refuse to get vaccinated, because that would be stupid, but it IS a reason to keep up the masking, social distancing, and hand hygiene right now. The India variant viruses have spread all over the world and they're nasty little fuckers, so everyone needs to be sensible and protect themselves and others until things calm down a bit.

by Anonymousreply 497May 5, 2021 1:53 AM

[quote]They were letting in Aussie citizens from the UK in January when the UK had 1800 deaths a day. Perchance racism is afoot. They made the Uk arrivals in government run hotels for two weeks but they let them in.

India has a current official infection rate 6 times higher than the UK at its peak in January, with predictions that it may be actually 10 to 12 times higher. The hotel quarantine system is unable to deal with numbers like this, and with Australia now entering its flu season and the mutation of strains running rampant I can understand the caution.

by Anonymousreply 498May 5, 2021 3:20 AM

Nepal's numbers are also spiking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499May 5, 2021 3:52 AM

These new strains are highly infectious. Several quarantine workers and nurses got infected. The virus apparently can jump between hotel rooms via aircondition ducts. This virus is no joke and everybody better not let their guard down right now. Mask up, wash your hands and keep distance.

by Anonymousreply 500May 5, 2021 2:12 PM

Lazy Kamala is here in Rhode Island today instead of dealing with India or the border

by Anonymousreply 501May 5, 2021 6:53 PM

R500, be sure to continue to hide under your bed sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 502May 5, 2021 6:59 PM

The virus shows up at the G7 conference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503May 5, 2021 9:25 PM

r501 the border is under control now, no thanks to Trump, and she isn't India's ambassador, she's the US Vice President.

by Anonymousreply 504May 5, 2021 10:48 PM

[quote] Lazy Kamala

No! Kween Kamala!

by Anonymousreply 505May 5, 2021 10:50 PM

Her job is not to make herself a target. Whatever she does, for the opposition, she'll be damned. Probably least damned if she does nothing - or very little.

by Anonymousreply 506May 5, 2021 10:52 PM

Nice try r506.

She's doing plenty, it's got to be sad to you that there's nothing of substance she can be bashed for though :-(

by Anonymousreply 507May 5, 2021 10:55 PM

What? I love her to death. I want her unscathed for 2024!

by Anonymousreply 508May 5, 2021 10:57 PM

R504 oh since it’s “under control”, I’m sure Kamala will head down there now to try and take credit

by Anonymousreply 509May 5, 2021 10:57 PM

R493 I had the Hep B vaccine and was tested for antibodies - none. (I am a physician and needed this lab work). I was re-vaccinated but failed to develop antibodies.

For a small number of us, some vaccines don't work.

by Anonymousreply 510May 5, 2021 10:58 PM

I read somewhere the reason India was so complacent was because a significant part of their urban populations was already testing positive for antibodies against COVID-19. This seems to indicate the population was already exposed to a weaker variant of COVID-19 which did not cause huge outbreaks with many people showing severe symptoms and dying. However, that obviously did not seem to slow down the spread of the current Indian variant.

by Anonymousreply 511May 5, 2021 11:00 PM

You know, given India’s circumstances, I kinda feel like whoever approved India to attend the G7 conference in London kinda asked for exposure 🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 512May 5, 2021 11:00 PM

r509 don't you have a Meghan Markle thread to frequent so you can rail against another woman for no reason?

by Anonymousreply 513May 5, 2021 11:02 PM

What amazes me is they have money to arm themselves with nuclear weapons, yet they cannot build a half-decent hospital infrastructure.

by Anonymousreply 514May 5, 2021 11:06 PM

R508 Kamala needs to be crowned before 2024.

We can't wait that long!

by Anonymousreply 515May 5, 2021 11:08 PM

Yass Queen !!

by Anonymousreply 516May 5, 2021 11:09 PM

Let's get real here and tell it like it is. India is overcrowded hellhole with over a billion people. If a few million died, it would be sad for their families, but actually a good thing overall. Thin out the herd!

by Anonymousreply 517May 5, 2021 11:12 PM

R514 And don't forget India has decided to fund a space program despite half their population not having access to toilets...

by Anonymousreply 518May 5, 2021 11:14 PM

I waited 5 years before getting an Iphone.

But India has more iPhones than toilets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519May 5, 2021 11:17 PM

A bucket works in a pinch.

by Anonymousreply 520May 5, 2021 11:55 PM

Person is dying of Covid in India every 30 seconds

by Anonymousreply 521May 5, 2021 11:56 PM

R521 - that's not even going to put a dent in their population.

by Anonymousreply 522May 6, 2021 12:00 AM

Why didn't Biden stop flights from India earlier? And how about those on connecting flights. Does he want more pandemic?

by Anonymousreply 523May 6, 2021 12:22 AM

r523 I don't know, why don't you ask him or the leaders of the other countries who ALSO didn't stop flights from India until this week?

by Anonymousreply 524May 6, 2021 2:41 AM

These countries that find new variants don't even disclose the information until much later, so the variants already have plenty of times to get out with travelers. These travel bans are only for appearance done when the outbreaks in those countries got too big to ignore for the rest of the world. The only right thing to do is to test and quarantine all travelers irrespective of their point of origin.

by Anonymousreply 525May 6, 2021 6:14 AM

Right now it's only been reported in California and Tennessee right?

by Anonymousreply 526May 6, 2021 12:50 PM

Michigan as well.

by Anonymousreply 527May 6, 2021 12:53 PM

Seven cases in Washoe County & Churchill County, Nevada (Reno area)

by Anonymousreply 528May 6, 2021 5:17 PM

Oh this will be fun….

by Anonymousreply 529May 6, 2021 10:44 PM

Over 4000 deaths in one day.

by Anonymousreply 530May 7, 2021 5:15 PM

Monkeys are making the best of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531May 7, 2021 7:17 PM

R531 shows the happiness that will fill the earth as soon as humans go extinct.

by Anonymousreply 532May 7, 2021 7:27 PM

Love it at R531.

by Anonymousreply 533May 7, 2021 7:33 PM

I follow this youtube guy (Dr Campbell) who follows Covid news and data - and he says that the India variant does not have the "eek" mutation which is more like to cause immune escape and occurs in the South African variant - meaning, if you get that form, the vaccine is more likely to protect you than people feared - and more likely to protect you than the South African variant.

He talks about it at about the four and a half minute mark at the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534May 7, 2021 9:12 PM

Tragic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535May 8, 2021 4:58 AM

India had the biggest super spreader event in history a few weeks ago. 3 million folks gathered together in a filthy river in the middle of a pandemic, what could go wrong?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536May 10, 2021 11:17 AM

^ Go Nude. Catch Disease. Die.

by Anonymousreply 537May 10, 2021 11:59 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538May 10, 2021 4:54 PM

I know discussions of natalism would be insensitive at this time, but this really brings those issues to mind.

by Anonymousreply 539May 10, 2021 5:19 PM

A World Health Organization official said Monday it is reclassifying the highly contagious triple-mutant Covid variant spreading in India as a “variant of concern,” indicating that it’s become a global health threat.

The WHO says that the variant, known as B.1.617, has been found in preliminary studies to spread more easily than the original virus and there is some evidence it may able to evade vaccines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540May 10, 2021 5:22 PM

Whatevs. I WILL see Phantom of the Opera in September.

by Anonymousreply 541May 10, 2021 8:34 PM

M'kay. But The WHO haven't been of much use during this pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 542May 11, 2021 1:38 AM

I now distrust the WHO.

by Anonymousreply 543May 11, 2021 2:17 AM

Maybe you should try a group that's a little less fanatical in its devotion.

by Anonymousreply 544May 11, 2021 4:46 AM

Families who don't have any money for firewood are now dumping their dead relatives into the Ganges and the bodies show up in the hundreds downstream the river.

by Anonymousreply 545May 11, 2021 5:50 AM

The Ganges is a Sewer!

by Anonymousreply 546May 11, 2021 6:12 AM

India is way too overpopulated and their hygiejne is extremely low. I am mostly worried a new mutation from India will spread to the world that our current vaccine won't be able to protect us from. The Indian borders be shut completely until India has the virus under control.

by Anonymousreply 547May 11, 2021 6:30 AM

r517 Agree and also good for the global environment. India needs to implement a population control policy.

by Anonymousreply 548May 11, 2021 9:09 AM

Denmark has registered the 84 new cases of the India variant this week - all infected got it from an Indian restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 549May 11, 2021 9:15 AM

Just saw footage of half burned and rotted corpses washing up on the shores of the Ganges River. Their families threw them in the river because either there was no room for the cremation ceremony or they couldn't afford the firewood the news said.

Jesus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550May 11, 2021 9:23 AM

I want to eat Indian food, but I am scared the owner have Covid

by Anonymousreply 551May 11, 2021 11:16 AM

R540, the story you linked also says this:

The group issued a clarification Monday to their earlier remarks, saying that current data shows the existing Covid-19 vaccines “remain effective at preventing disease and death in people infected with this variant.”

by Anonymousreply 552May 11, 2021 11:30 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553May 11, 2021 11:52 AM

R553....FFS Sickening.

Now Indians are being warned not to cover themselves in cowshit to ward off COVID..

And those with diabetes are adviced of certain symptoms which my indicate a "black fungus" infection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554May 11, 2021 12:00 PM

Are the rich people in India even helping?

by Anonymousreply 555May 11, 2021 1:53 PM

Supposedly, new cases in Japan are rising at an alarming rate.

I'd cancel that summer picnic for another year.

by Anonymousreply 556May 11, 2021 1:59 PM

r555 I don't think so. The mentality of helping the poor and needy belongs to the western world. In the 3rd world the rich can't be arsed also in India they have their caste system. So you only stick to your own caste.

by Anonymousreply 557May 11, 2021 2:01 PM

I worked with someone from a wealthy family in India. She was able to get educated with a PhD in the UK, and has worked around the world. She acknowledges the picture of India with kids begging in the streets and the unhygienic conditions is not what she knows. She showed pictures of where her parents live, and it’s a big, beautiful home with gorgeous landscaping - it could be a home in any of our affluent western suburbs. She definitely has an attitude - if that’s the right word - against the poor in India. It’s as if she doesn’t want you to associate her with that. Which I guess is really no different than coastal people in the US and “flyovers”.

by Anonymousreply 558May 11, 2021 2:10 PM

r558 I worked with some well-off people from Africa who were the same. When I asked why they didn't work to better the system for their poor fellow countrymen they replied, "Why should they?". As a northern European this reply was shocking to me and also a huge wake-up call as to why the 3rd world countries continue to be shitholes.

by Anonymousreply 559May 11, 2021 5:03 PM

"When I asked why they didn't work to better the system for their poor fellow countrymen they replied, "Why should they?"."

To be fair, R558 and R559, if you ask the average middle-class or upper-class American the same question, there's even odds that you'll get an answer like that, followed by a rant about how the poors lack "personal responsibility" and all their problems are their own fault.

by Anonymousreply 560May 11, 2021 5:39 PM

R559= racist!

As if rich white people in rich countries ever give a damn about the poor!

Oh but when a rich brown person acts the same way, your racist side pops out!

by Anonymousreply 561May 11, 2021 6:12 PM

r560 Yes, I know. I have met very highly educated people in the USA who vote for the Democratic party with that kind of mentality - and it is shocking to me! Coming from a very good welfare country in northern Europe that kind of mindset was foreign to me. I have met many African MD's and nurses who wouldn't see poor patients because they couldn't afford to pay for the consultation. It is sickening and makes me appreciate my home country and my upbringing. I also no longer enjoy traveling to Africa. I know a few nice African people but overall I can't stand their mentality. The same goes for the USA.

R561 = #Idiot

by Anonymousreply 562May 11, 2021 8:14 PM

R562 The same Northern Europe that advocated "herd immunity" and let the virus spread....

by Anonymousreply 563May 11, 2021 8:19 PM

R563 Germany which everyone was praising 6 months ago is rapidly catching up to Sweden for number of deaths per capita.

The story of Covid is not over yet.

by Anonymousreply 564May 11, 2021 8:35 PM

r563 we don't have the same level of inequality as you have in the USA, UK, Spain, Greece, India, Africa, Brazil, Asia and South America. Our health care system can handle the COVID virus. The majority of people (80-95%) testing positive for COVID-19 did not need hospitalization. The people who have died from covid were mostly very old people with comorbidities. Some of those who were vaccinated have also died due to old age or illness.

by Anonymousreply 565May 11, 2021 8:43 PM

R565 where are you?

by Anonymousreply 566May 11, 2021 8:55 PM

It's not guaranteed that being vaccinated protects you from getting sick. Non mRNA vaccines show just 80% efficacy, which mean every 5th person has no protection.

by Anonymousreply 567May 11, 2021 9:44 PM

Not really related to the non-mRNA's in general, but one vaccine out there seems to perform particularly badly: After vaccinating some 60% of its population, mostly with China's Sinopharm, the small island nation of Seychelles is struggling with surging COVID cases.

by Anonymousreply 568May 11, 2021 9:56 PM

Sinopharm maybe excepted, the non-mRNA vaccines DO provide protection from serious illness or death, even if you're somewhat more likely to contract Covid. And that's no small thing. They're also cheaper which will matter a lot in poorer countries, unless they drop their patents. AstraZeneca is $3 a shot, I believe, while Pfizer is about $20.

by Anonymousreply 569May 11, 2021 10:01 PM

The U.S. should consider helping India with population control in the form of a nuclear strike. It could considered mercy killing.

by Anonymousreply 570May 11, 2021 10:03 PM

India has nuclear weapons. they can spend billions on that but can't spend money on basic shit. look at their poor and also the conditions in the "hospitals"...tragic.

by Anonymousreply 571May 11, 2021 10:08 PM

"Non mRNA vaccines show just 80% efficacy, which mean every 5th person has no protection."

No. It means that if you have an 80% effective vaccine on board, if you get a loading dose of the virus you have a 20% chance of getting infected rather than a 100% chance.

Basically, it means that people who are vaccinated should still be taking steps to protect themselves, the old masking, hand hygiene, and social distancing. Nobody wants to hear that these days, people want to believe they're perfectly safe when they're just... safer.

by Anonymousreply 572May 11, 2021 10:21 PM

On the news, they showed Indian men rubbing cow dung all over their bodies. Why? Because they believed it would prevent them from covid. Jesus, what a fucking hellhole. India and China are constantly competing with each other for the title of "grossest country in history".

by Anonymousreply 573May 11, 2021 11:05 PM

Well, if you want other people to stay six feet or more away from you, you could do worse than to rub yourself all over with cow dung!

by Anonymousreply 574May 11, 2021 11:11 PM

ok, it's settled. All Trump supporting Republicans get to be blasted with cow dung.

by Anonymousreply 575May 11, 2021 11:14 PM

[Quote]she was also enrolled in a programme to check how many antibodies people had six weeks after the final dose, and she was told she had none!

Yeah, I've had the pneumonia vaccine twice and nothing. Probably a good idea to test for covid antibodies 6 weeks out. Everybody should do this to understand the real risk.

by Anonymousreply 576May 12, 2021 12:40 AM

“ The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) discourages antibody testing for assessing immunity after getting the vaccine.

A vaccinated person is very likely to get a negative result from a serology test, even if the vaccine was successful and protective. That’s because different serology tests detect antibodies to different parts of the virus.”

by Anonymousreply 577May 12, 2021 12:57 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578May 12, 2021 1:09 AM

[Quote]vaccinated person is very likely to get a negative result from a serology test, even if the vaccine was successful and protective. That’s because different serology tests detect antibodies to different parts of the virus.

This is absolute horse shit.

by Anonymousreply 579May 12, 2021 1:15 AM

B-… but China is facing a DEMOGRAPHIC CRISIS!!!

India is the future!

by Anonymousreply 580May 12, 2021 1:20 AM

No it's not, R579. The antibodies only last a few weeks - it's the T-cell and B-cells that bring the long-term immunity:

J. Michael Straczynski @straczynski Apr 27 Shot #1 mainly activates antibodies, which last about 6 months. Shot #2 is what pisses off the immune system into producing tons of T- and Memory B-Cells, which last years. The fever and discomfort is the factory firing up to create that army. It's a good thing. Get shot #2.

by Anonymousreply 581May 12, 2021 1:28 AM

^^ I think I'll trust my immunologist at Stanford over your insipid babbling. And so should others.

by Anonymousreply 582May 12, 2021 2:03 AM

The CDC discourages antibody testing for assessing immunity after getting the vaccine. In clinical trials, the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines were shown to protect people against the virus 95 percent of the time and 94 percent of the time, respectively. But that does not mean everyone who gets the vaccine would test positive for antibodies, says infectious disease expert Rob Murphy.

Commercial antibody tests may not be searching for the same antibodies that the vaccine triggers. Someone who has had the vaccine and is immune to the virus may still test negative for certain antibodies, Murphy explained. Mutated virus may reinfect people already stricken once with covid-19, sparking debate and concerns.

In any case, Murphy added, antibodies are only part of a person’s immune system response. Some studies have shown that protective T cells, a white blood cell that helps protect against disease, have been elevated in some patients with covid, even though the patients had no detectable antibodies.

“After the vaccines, a lot people are going to get antibody testing — ‘Oh, I want to see if it’s working.’ It actually has very little correlation,” he said. “Many people will test negative on the antibody test, and that does not mean the vaccine didn’t work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583May 12, 2021 2:11 AM

Lunacy

by Anonymousreply 584May 12, 2021 2:17 AM

Im curious,was India such a festering shit hole when it was under British rule ? Ive known some lovely Indian people over my lifetime,but I truly never dreamed what a pustule their home country is.

by Anonymousreply 585May 12, 2021 2:24 AM

I wish she’s bar selfish rich Indians from escaping to the west and force them to stay home and clean up their own mess.

by Anonymousreply 586May 12, 2021 3:31 AM

[quote]It's not guaranteed that being vaccinated protects you from getting sick. Non mRNA vaccines show just 80% efficacy, which mean every 5th person has no protection.

This is completely wrong. You don't understand efficacy numbers. In trials (and the real world now), the cases of covid were reduced by 80% in the vaccinated group compared to the placebo group. Also, the severity of any illness was hugely affected. We're talking being alive vs. being dead.

I used to not like stupid and ignorant people, especially when they revel in their ignorance. Now, I fucking hate them. They need to be purged from the human population or they will kill us all. I hope they all die tomorrow so we can finally end this pandemic and prevent future ones by starting to take science seriously.

by Anonymousreply 587May 12, 2021 5:33 AM

A-fucking-men, R587.

by Anonymousreply 588May 12, 2021 11:19 AM

Amen, R587. The rumpheads that have disavowed science for the lies of an addled tyrant should all get it and die-those that refuse to be vaccinated. Bc they will be the ones that are responsible for mutations.

by Anonymousreply 589May 12, 2021 12:04 PM

R558, I worked in Mumbai for a while a decade ago and stayed for the duration at a 5 star hotel paid for by my firm. It looked over one of the biggest slums in Mumbai and yards outside the hotel compound you were confronted with shit everywhere serving as sidewalks. Even the tony areas were cheek-by-jowl with all the misery India has to offer so I wonder where your friend actually came from. It just didn't seem possible to isolate yourself from India's poverty unless you live in some secluded settlement outside of the city and never ventured out.

by Anonymousreply 590May 12, 2021 6:26 PM

[quote]On the news, they showed Indian men rubbing cow dung all over their bodies.

The U.S. equivalent is watching Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 591May 12, 2021 7:58 PM

R590 what is personal safety like there? Is it dangerous to go out on your own?

At least in cities like Sao Paulo, Johannesburg, Cape Town and Mexico City, for example, one can be in an upscale area or suburb and walk around pretty freely.

by Anonymousreply 592May 12, 2021 8:57 PM

Nice try R587, I actually don't see how your lame and vague statement contradicts mine.

by Anonymousreply 593May 12, 2021 10:13 PM

R590, I think her family is from New Delhi.

by Anonymousreply 594May 12, 2021 10:17 PM

Where do all the movie stars live in Mumbai? Surely they don't walk on shit sidewalks.

by Anonymousreply 595May 12, 2021 11:07 PM

Movie star homes. Looks like many live in Juhu Mumbai.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596May 12, 2021 11:16 PM

Why is there shit in the street? Serious question nobody wants it there and if they can afford a space program they can afford sewers.

by Anonymousreply 597May 13, 2021 12:15 AM

Why do people only want to talk about the worst news they can find about India? Can there ever be a neutral or positive article?

This isn't a plague. The demographic impact from covid will be negligible , especially in a country where the majority are young..

by Anonymousreply 598May 13, 2021 12:22 AM

[quote]Looks like many live in Juhu Mumbai

Still a filthy shithole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599May 13, 2021 12:31 AM

There must be shit in the air like in Katmandu which has open sewers. Face masks are suggested.

by Anonymousreply 600May 13, 2021 12:39 AM

I didn't know about the shit problem until the UN made some kind of educational video to help educate the public and help with the problem.

by Anonymousreply 601May 13, 2021 12:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!