Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why Would A Total Hunk Get His Nose Done?

I found these before/after rhinoplasty pictures online of a guy (yes, I have a bit of a beak that I'm thinking about having shaved down) and the thing is, he was beautiful in the before picture. Also, he looks like a total jock bro and could probably get any girl he wanted. Why would he have gone under the knife for a cosmetic procedure?

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2021 4:10 PM

By all means, do NOT include a pic, OP

by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2021 7:25 AM

OK, Here's the pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2021 7:32 AM

No clue, OP. But you're right. That guy was a total babe in the before picture. I also think the after picture is deceiving. He might only look hotter in the "after" picture because he's wearing a backwards baseball cap. Nice thick neck, good jaw, and those sexy brown eyes alone...woof! Just my type.

by Anonymousreply 3April 24, 2021 7:41 AM

Total stud bro.

I have also been contemplating plastic surgery and have browsed those sites. I'm shocked at a) how many dudebros get nose jobs, otoplasties, etc.; b) how may of them don't really need these things done; c) how few of these procedures really make a difference to their faces.

They should come over to my place; I'll make them feel better about themselves.

by Anonymousreply 4April 24, 2021 7:41 AM

Ask Zac Efron. He was a good looking guy before the fillers and nose job. Now he has done something to his jaw. Attractive people are always the most insecure.

by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2021 7:43 AM

Hubba Hubba am I right?

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2021 8:00 AM

Before judging the results you really need to see the side view - most nose jobs are addressing profile issues. It’s actually difficult to make the front look good and/or different.

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2021 8:19 AM

Whoever worked on this guy did a good job, but is also a marketing genius. If you're thinking about getting work done yourself, you can't help but think you might look kind of like him if you went with that surgeon.

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2021 8:24 AM

Some cosmetic surgery corrects damage, some 'corrects' unusual features, and most aims to eliminate individual character in favor of a generalized, characterless look.

When a woman has a nose like Barbra Streisand or larger or more bulbous, or if someone develops a waddle or something and those are eliminated, then probably most people would say the person looks better.

When you know or are used to looking at someone who has unusual features, those features become the most endearing because they have the most personally identifying features, and eliminating them usually makes others feel kind of sad. Renee Zellweger's different-looking eyes must have always bothered her for her to have 'corrected' them, but the consensus public reaction was that she made herself look terribly generic and it left people confused and sad. As a singer, part of Tori Amos's most unique physical characteristics was her unusual teeth, and although she had to have oral surgeries because of neurological pain from her bite, when she got her real teeth placed with 'perfect' ones, the result was jarring and disappointing for many fans who loved her real, unique look.

I think when people replace unusual characteristics that have always made them self-conscious with something "model perfect," it leaves the people they know or who are used to looking at them alarmed and disappointed to see someone they adore try to erase themselves.

by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2021 8:34 AM

Dude is hotter in the second pic mainly because of the cap, the bad-boy bruises (did he get in a fight? hot!), and the additional facial hair.

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2021 8:38 AM

The bruises are from the rhinoplasty.

Weird that the surgeon would post those online — they're the immediate "after" photos right after the bandages come out and off, like a week after the surgery. He still has a lot of swelling that will go down.

by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2021 8:42 AM

There's also the issue of people only looking at themselves in ultra close-up in a mirror. In a mirror, you see the pores on your face, you see every stubbly hair, every freckle individually, every blemish, every scar, every spot of discoloration. Unless you're photographed in close up view, no one else ever sees you this way. And we are used to seeing ourselves from infancy, and so when we go 20 years looking relatively the same from 18-38 and then suddenly wrinkles, lines, sagging, etc. begin to occur, to us the change is alarming.

So then people go to dermatologists and surgeons and seek to eliminate everything they see close up. Fillers and Botox get rid of lines and sagging, and so a person looks in the mirror and sees perfection, even if from afar their face as a whole starts to look like it's full of infectious pus.

I have significant acne scars—large areas on my cheeks of collapsed collagen, not just little pock marks here and there, sort of like Seal's lupus scarring—and have done about five Fraxel laser treatments. The swelling immediately afterward always made me really excited because it would puff up and smooth out all the unevenness and hollowness up close, even though overall I looked like my face had been burned off.

I got very modest filler one time and it did smooth out my skin where the scars are. It made me feel better and I got compliments on my skin from many people. I had a head shot taken for work and was alarmed to see that the whole structure of my face was changed even by the little amount of filler, and the pictures didn't look like me to me and so I left well enough alone after the filler dissipated.

I saw a dermatologist on YouTube a couple of weeks ago who said that she always makes her patients who ask for Botox and fillers look at themselves in a mirror from across the room and look at photos of themselves taken from a distance before discussing Botox and fillers, and she discusses with them how what they see in a mirror is not what other people see, and she said she turns away some patients who want more filler because she feels like it's malpractice to change their faces in a way that addresses the problems they see but changes their faces.

If you look at people like Donatella Versace, Madonna, Nicole Kidman et al., you can see how this plays out: they look in a mirror or at a photo and focus myopically on the condition of their skin, hunting out lines and wrinkles as the enemy. They are defying time if they have eliminated every sign of age. And the result to everyone who looks at them from a distance...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2021 8:48 AM

Well written, R12. Does Botox really look like pus from a distance?

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2021 8:53 AM

And then there is Bradley James

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2021 8:57 AM

R12, have you tried subcision for your acne scars?

by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2021 8:57 AM

Unless a nose is bulbous, you can't really tell when someone has a beak or a hooked nose or a big bump on the bridge with a forward-facing photo.

I have a pretty beaky "Roman" nose from the side view, but from the front it almost looks like a button nose.

Here's a before and after of a guy's profile that shows a significant difference, but from the front it probably would not be that noticeable.

The thing to me about these nose jobs is that I can't help seeing them as being based in racism. The guy below looks to me characteristically Middle Eastern or Mediterranean, and he "fixed" his nose to have a more Northwestern European appearance. That makes me sad. I don't see anything in his real nose that looks like it needed to be fixed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 24, 2021 8:57 AM

R13 Pus is the fluid inside infectious tissue, and infected tissue puffs up and out because it is filled with pus. It may just be the way I see things, but yes, when people get "liquid facelifts," they don't look younger to my eyes; they look like their faces are inflamed with infection.

Brutal old-fashioned facelifts that peel the skin off the muscle, yank it up and reattach it ends up actually looking younger much of the time, despite the gruesomeness of the procedure. Injectables over time end up making a person look like a violent accident victim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 24, 2021 9:02 AM

We are looking at the guy straight on - perhaps he had a bump shaved off, This would be detectable in a side view normally.

by Anonymousreply 18April 24, 2021 9:06 AM

R18, even if he had a bump, he still would've been hot as hell.

by Anonymousreply 19April 24, 2021 9:17 AM

To be brutally honest I didn't know which is the before and which is the after. Neither look particularly bad. He basically lowered the tip of his nose to hide the nostrils more.

In the after pic he looks more Italian American, like the guy from Jersey Shore, Vinny G.

by Anonymousreply 20April 24, 2021 9:19 AM

To you, R19. Contrary to popular belief, a lot of people have cosmetic surgery to cope with personal insecurities, not because they did an objective analysis of what type of nose gets the most dick.

by Anonymousreply 21April 24, 2021 9:20 AM

He’s still probably swollen in the after photo. Doubt he wanted a bigger nose. Still don’t understand what the dr did though.

by Anonymousreply 22April 24, 2021 9:26 AM

I was disappointed that gay male model Aaron Thornton had his gorgeous manly nose redone in the cookie cutter bobbed style. His original nose looked hot along with his incredible muscular body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 24, 2021 9:42 AM

Agree r23

Zoom and recording myself for things like conference presentations have made me very self-conscious about my nose. It never bothered me before, but now that I can see it in profile, I am aghast! Well, not really.

I wish that rhinoplasty were less common, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 24April 24, 2021 9:44 AM

I actually think hot guys like this dude look BETTER with a bump or a crooked nose. I can't explain it at all. It adds character or something.

by Anonymousreply 25April 24, 2021 9:47 AM

Aaron with his natural nose and everything else is definitely sex on a stick. Big nose big dick. His man wife is one lucky guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 24, 2021 9:55 AM

Some guys are gorgeous with a nose bump, which can be so masculine and hot.

And I say this as someone who put $10k on a credit card I could not afford to get my nose done. I needed it. But guys like the model at R23 and Bradley James did not need it AT ALL. It did not make them more attractive, just more generic.

The money I spent on my work is the best I've ever spent. I like being able to take a picture and not cringe. I wasn't gorgeous, and I'm still not. But some of these guys are beautiful with a strong nose! Who is advising them?

by Anonymousreply 27April 24, 2021 9:55 AM

A lot of very good looking people are self-conscious about minor flaws, because they do meet some people who have nothing better to do than say "You know, you are not all that pretty! Look at your ...!" chipping away at people's confidences or projecting their own insecurities onto others.

The worst a good-looking person can do is decide to get into modelling or acting where people make a living of judging your look and appearance and then decide that you are not the right choice for this job or project. Constant rejection makes you doubt yourself and that results in self-destructive behavior, like deciding to alter your face and body to be more appealing.

by Anonymousreply 28April 24, 2021 9:57 AM

[quote] A lot of very good looking people are self-conscious about minor flaws, because they do meet some people who have nothing better to do than say "You know, you are not all that pretty! Look at your ...!"

I think for ordinary people, the insecurity usually stems back to childhood or adolescence, when being picked on for big ears or a crooked nose or funky teeth was the thing that made a person feel like an outcast and they never get over the emotional damage that caused an obsession with fixing a problem that was never a problem. A lot of famous people have discovered that the thing that once made them a pariah turned out to be a defining characteristic if they could "own it." But...

For less ordinary people in the public eye, yeah, the public as an anonymous mass tends to behave like the worst behaved middle school kids. They're vicious and cruel. I've confronted people here and asked what they get out of being so vicious and mean for no real reason, and the consensus response is always that "this is DL; if you don't like mean, get out." So people, anonymously, removed from any kind of humanity and without any kind of accountability, often get off on saying the sorts of things Donald Trump says publicly. So if someone gets famous, then they hear anonymously from people on social media about their flaws. Why? Because people are cruel when they feel they can get away with it. And it causes harm, and people are generally totally cool with it. When Trump called Rosie O'Donnell a big ugly pig, people were aghast. But then on Twitter and DataLounge, people call her a big ugly pig, or they call Megyn Kelly a bloody cunt like Trump did, or they find some aspect of a person to attack in a juvenile way. And then people who bear the brunt of it, who are in the public eye, mutilate themselves to try to make the voices stop, and people question why they mutilate themselves.

Humanity is just really cruel when people are separated from one another and often very compassionate and empathetic when people are physically put together.

[quote] chipping away at people's confidences or projecting their own insecurities onto others.

A million DataLoungers have screamed into the ether declaring their God-given rights to do just this!

by Anonymousreply 29April 24, 2021 10:12 AM

R16 I have to say, that is some extremely good surgery.

That said, most people look weird when they mess with their nose.

by Anonymousreply 30April 24, 2021 11:30 AM

[quote]When a woman has a nose like Barbra Streisand or larger or more bulbous, or if someone develops a waddle or something and those are eliminated, then probably most people would say the person looks better.

I’d argue that women with wonky noses, like Barbra Streisand, Meryl Streep, Linda Evangelista...as examples, were probably more successful in their careers because they left their quirky faces alone and didn’t get them “fixed” to look generic.

by Anonymousreply 31April 24, 2021 11:50 AM

I agree, R31, but they're still criticized for their appearances. It seems that career succesd often favors self-accceptance, but that doesn't stop the public from criticizing and even condemning people who look different.

Meanwhile, there are people like Kellan Lutz who are naturally generically conventionally attractive and get famous for it but can't really become known as anything other than generically pretty. Like, I know who the guy is and I know what he looks like but I've never seen any of his movies and I am pretty sure all he's got going for him is his appearance. Meanwhile, you never forget a face like Steve Buschemi's, even if you see it only in one movie, and he's never going to age out of being employed in the roles he plays.

by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2021 11:57 AM

OP, your guy has a gorgeous face but he might be insecure about other things. Like maybe he isn't as tall as he'd want to be. Just speculating.

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2021 4:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!