Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did they start putting less filling in Oreos?

I just opened up a new package of Oreos (haven’t had Oreos in about 4 months) and in this package there was barely any filling in the cookies.😡 Did I just get a bad package or has anyone else noticed this too? If this is them trying to skimp and cut costs, this pisses me off. Keep the quality the same and just up the damn price instead of trying to rip people off.

by Anonymousreply 53April 24, 2021 8:04 PM

Less white, more black.

by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2021 12:55 AM

I don't know, I'm not a fat whore.

by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2021 12:57 AM

Yes they did start putting less filling, assholes.

by Anonymousreply 3April 24, 2021 12:57 AM

Just dip them in some white frosting as you eat them.

by Anonymousreply 4April 24, 2021 12:59 AM

R4 I shouldn’t have to do all that. I’m suspecting they’re doing this on purpose to make people buy the double stuffed Oreos.

by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2021 1:00 AM

[quote]I don't know, I'm not a fat whore.

So you’re an anorexic whore who eats salad for every meal?🧐

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2021 1:01 AM

You are not alone in your distress, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2021 1:02 AM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2021 1:03 AM

Less filling oh dear

by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2021 1:04 AM

You eat Oreos, oh dear?

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2021 1:05 AM

R7 Thank you! I knew I wasn’t imagining things!

by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2021 1:09 AM

Oreo is making a version of their cookie called Oreo Thins, is that what you bought OP? They still make the regular thickness for fat whores.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2021 1:13 AM

You know they make better cookies than that now, OP, right?

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2021 1:13 AM

R12 No, these say nothing about thin on the package; they are regular. I hate to think how pathetic the thin ones are!

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2021 1:14 AM

[quote]You know they make better cookies than that now, OP, right?

Sometimes there is nothing like Oreos dipped in milk for 10 seconds before eating.

by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2021 1:15 AM

What kind of stupid whore buys regular and not double stuf oreos?

by Anonymousreply 16April 24, 2021 1:15 AM

Just get the welfare versions like Hydrox and the Walmart brand. They have more filling

by Anonymousreply 17April 24, 2021 1:17 AM

The actual cookie part is also smaller than it used to be. I was also surprised at Fig Newtons. I hadn't eaten them in years and I bought a package awhile back. I have fingernails longer than the size of Fig Newtons.

by Anonymousreply 18April 24, 2021 1:18 AM

Betcha Hydrox still doesn't skimp on the creme.

by Anonymousreply 19April 24, 2021 1:18 AM

[quote]What kind of stupid whore buys regular and not double stuf oreos?

Probably the same stupid whore that spells ‘stuff’ as ‘stuf.”

by Anonymousreply 20April 24, 2021 1:18 AM

Let me try that again:

Betcha Hydrox still doesn't skimp on the creme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 24, 2021 1:18 AM

The current double-stuff is what the regular Oreos used to be. I bought a package for some visiting kids and was surprised at how meager the cookies are now. But I have also tried the ‘thins’ and much prefer them.

by Anonymousreply 22April 24, 2021 1:22 AM

R20, 'stuf' is how it's spelled on the Oreos bag.

It's not only that they are putting less. It's practically nonexistent. It's really stupid on their part because people take those cookies apart to eat them. They're going to notice. All the companies did this during the pandemic, even more than they were before. The fuckers took advantage of people's desperation during the early part of the pandemic and reconfigured their formulations and packaging to screw over the consumer and hope they wouldn't notice because they were distracted by other things, like a deadly pandemic. Corporate America is fucking terrible. I hope they are all fined for profiteering.

by Anonymousreply 23April 24, 2021 1:25 AM

R22 What made you prefer the “thins” if the original ones are now meager?

by Anonymousreply 24April 24, 2021 1:25 AM

How much money can they possibly be scrounging by including less of that sugar paste?

by Anonymousreply 25April 24, 2021 1:27 AM

R23 Exactly! I could tell right away compared to when I last bought a package late last year. It’s pathetic and disgusting how they try to act like people won’t notice. Like is said, I’d rather they raise the price a quarter or whatever rather than skimp and make a shitty product.

It’s as disgusting as when several years ago soap makers started carving big holes in bars of soap claiming that it was so people would have a better grip than the real reason which was to rip people off.

by Anonymousreply 26April 24, 2021 1:29 AM

To the cunt at r20: please see r23.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 24, 2021 1:30 AM

R27 You still didn’t capitalize the name, so you’re still stupid!😝

by Anonymousreply 28April 24, 2021 1:33 AM

R23, the thins have thinner chocolate cookie halves so it ends up being very crispy. Similar to Pepperidge Farms Brussels cookies.

by Anonymousreply 29April 24, 2021 2:34 AM

We make our own chocolate sandwich cookies.

Sorry you're not satisfied with your cheap-ass, low-quality commercial products, OP.

by Anonymousreply 30April 24, 2021 2:42 AM

I eat only Oreo Thins.

Gotta keep my svelte boyish figure.

by Anonymousreply 31April 24, 2021 2:49 AM

OP did you check the bag for holes.

🐭 Maybe a rat with a sweet tooth, who isn't necessarily a fan of chocolate, opened the bag first?

by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2021 2:53 AM

Gurl, don’t do this 😩

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2021 3:04 AM

I would choose any thickness or varieties of Oreos over any Hydrox, anytime. Mistakenly trying Hydrox once that my mom had purchased mistakenly when we were kids, I'd imagined there must have been Pine-Sol included in the ingredients!

by Anonymousreply 34April 24, 2021 3:13 AM

[quote]Mistakenly trying Hydrox once that my mom had purchased mistakenly when we were kids, I'd imagined there must have been Pine-Sol included in the ingredients!

You couldn't be more mistakenly.

by Anonymousreply 35April 24, 2021 3:28 AM

There is also an Oreo variation called Mega Stuf now. You should try that.

by Anonymousreply 36April 24, 2021 4:57 AM

R36, there's also another variation, a limited edition, called 'The Most Stuf', with more than the Mega.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 24, 2021 5:13 AM

Oreos don’t taste the same as I remember, either. I’ve tried them a couple of times in the past year or so and they have more of a chemical taste in addition to being blander. Thanks for the link, R21. I won’t pay Amazon prices, but I’m very happy to see Hydrox is back and I’ll give the new formulation a go.

by Anonymousreply 38April 24, 2021 8:07 AM

OP has entered the room, moobs first.

by Anonymousreply 39April 24, 2021 8:13 AM

Palm oil sucks.

by Anonymousreply 40April 24, 2021 8:14 AM

Do they still make Double Stuff Oreos - those were awesome.

by Anonymousreply 41April 24, 2021 8:16 AM

OP, did you say quality and Oreos in the same sentence?

by Anonymousreply 42April 24, 2021 8:23 AM

Only on Datalounge do you get one thread written by a fat Queen in a caftan, turban and many rings moaning about less filling in Oreos and the next thread is about an Italian male bodybuilder bsdm Dubai whore.

by Anonymousreply 43April 24, 2021 11:19 AM

OP, that’s the way it is. As we get older, things we love and enjoy go away. Bananas aren’t as good anymore, either. Every single packaged snack cake. Restaurants and stores other places I liked are out of business.

Things that are still good: Land O’ Lakes American cheese, Kate’s butter, mangoes, Balthazar baguette, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, lilacs, Ines Rosales olive oil tortas.

by Anonymousreply 44April 24, 2021 12:51 PM

R31, buddy...those are brown leaves.

by Anonymousreply 45April 24, 2021 12:51 PM

I'm finding them far less filling.

I used to eat just one bag with my Cokes for dinner. Now, I'm eating at least two bags.

Bastards!

by Anonymousreply 46April 24, 2021 12:56 PM

I had always thought Hydrox was a cheap knock-off version of Oreos for the poor, with that name it just sounded too chemically and cheap.

I didn't know the Hydrox came first over a hundred years ago and the name comes from hydrogen and oxygen to infer the cookie being moist. Fail.

by Anonymousreply 47April 24, 2021 2:07 PM

Hydrox are (or were, anyway) better.

by Anonymousreply 48April 24, 2021 2:35 PM

Several years ago on a lark we bought some Mega Stuf Oreos and they were way too much, impossible to eat. Then last year we got some Double Stuf and thought there had been a mistake, because they were the same as regular Oreos used to be. On a hunch, we bought Mega Stuf again and they're the new Double Stuf.

by Anonymousreply 49April 24, 2021 2:47 PM

Yeah, Oreo's are not the same. Smaller cookie/filling which is why I buy the Double Stuf & Mega Stuf when available. I have also tried the Trader Joe's Jo Jo's which are similar to regular Oreo's but are not as sweet. The have a reasonable amount of filling and you can get a 20oz box for 2.99. I don't usually eat Oreo's or Jo Jo's on a regular basis but once in a while. Also the Lemon Oreo's are pretty good if you like lemon. They sometimes have Orange Creme Oreo's as a seasonal offering too.

by Anonymousreply 50April 24, 2021 2:58 PM

Buy chocolate wafer cookies without "creme" and indulge in some real fillings.

by Anonymousreply 51April 24, 2021 4:02 PM

How did r20 get 9 WWs? Oreos spells it "Stuf" with one F, you dorks.

by Anonymousreply 52April 24, 2021 4:16 PM

[quote] Things that are still good: Land O’ Lakes American cheese, Kate’s butter, mangoes, Balthazar baguette, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, lilacs, Ines Rosales olive oil tortas.

The Met's restaurants, cafeterias, etc. used to be fantastic. Now they've become as processed and corner-cutting and crappy as anything. The snack bar by the American Wing is a case in point: you used to be able to get a nice soup, sandwich, and pastry; now everything's pre-packaged and wilted. And they close really early. You're honestly better off going outside to the Sabrett's cart.

Oh wait, were you talking about the art?

by Anonymousreply 53April 24, 2021 8:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!