Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Christian Republican dad not a fan of "wokeness" at Disney World!

Enjoy...

[quote]Disney is in the process of taking the woke scalpel to the Jungle Cruise. Trader Sam is out because he might offend certain people. Every grown-up in the room realizes that Trader Sam is not a representation of reality and is meant as a funny and silly caricature. It is no more based in racism than every Disney caricature of an out-of-touch white American dad.

[quote]The next time I ride Jungle Cruise I will not be thinking about the gloriously entertaining puns of the skippers, I will be thinking about Disney’s political agenda. That’s a mood killer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265May 7, 2021 8:00 PM

And yet he will go, spend lots of money, and add to the "woke" corporation. One thing " Christians" will not do is boycott Disney. They might say they will or attempt it, but it will fail.

by Anonymousreply 1April 23, 2021 3:04 PM

Who the fuck is Trader Sam?

by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2021 3:05 PM

Big fat white guy cries about change. And leave it to the right wing Whorelando Sentinel to publish this dreck.

by Anonymousreply 3April 23, 2021 3:05 PM

Which way is he looking??? I can't tell! Left and right at the same time?

Seems retarded.

by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2021 3:07 PM

A little unseemly for a far-right Clark County, NV district attorney writing a far-right op-ed for a Florida newspaper, but it's pretty on brand for Republicans these days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 23, 2021 3:09 PM

* TO BE writing a far-right op-ed

by Anonymousreply 6April 23, 2021 3:10 PM

He’s not wrong. Trader Sam on the Jungle Cruise is a fictional creation and doesn’t represent any actual person or persons.

by Anonymousreply 7April 23, 2021 3:11 PM

This wholesome conservative Christian lives in Sin CIty? Sounds about right.

by Anonymousreply 8April 23, 2021 3:14 PM

[quote] Trader Sam on the Jungle Cruise is a fictional creation and doesn’t represent any actual person or persons.

Trenchant insight from the idiot troll who accidentally revealed his use of sockpuppets by starting two threads about Ronald Reagan with two separate accounts yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 9April 23, 2021 3:15 PM

[quote] the people who run Disney and I do not see eye to eye

This line is priceless, R4.

by Anonymousreply 10April 23, 2021 3:18 PM

He sure is a healthy eater, isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 11April 23, 2021 3:19 PM

Has anyone informed him that Mickey Mouse is black?

by Anonymousreply 12April 23, 2021 3:22 PM

That fat slob weeping about Disney is gross. He needs to stop filling his fat face with Bic Macs or whatever Deplorables eat.

by Anonymousreply 13April 23, 2021 3:24 PM

I don't understand large adult men who are into Disney.

by Anonymousreply 14April 23, 2021 3:25 PM

I like Disney World, but I cannot figure out the desire to spend tens of thousands of dollars to vacation there exclusively.

Snowflake seems like he needs a safe space.

by Anonymousreply 15April 23, 2021 3:30 PM

Trader Sam

[quote]Trader Sam is not a representation of reality and is meant as a funny and silly caricature.

So are all the caricatures of fat white slobs who are out of touch with what "racism" actually is...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 23, 2021 3:37 PM

Deplorable who's way into Disney=Pedo

by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2021 3:40 PM

I too am surprised by adults who are this invested in cartoon characters.

I often scoff at some of the more outrageous examples of “wokeness,” especially where people are going a few extra miles to virtue signal how much better they are than the rest of us. 🙄

But removing a character at a theme park is hardly that. It seems appropriate to take that step at a time that we are closely examining cultural touchstones to more fully appreciate the subtle messages they can send.

by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2021 3:45 PM

This thread needs several hundred more comments about how fat the guy is if it's going have a chance of catching up with "Why I'm leaving Substack!"

by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2021 3:47 PM

He's fat which automatically negates the value of anything he has to say, ever. Welcome to America where it says "No fats" on the Statue of Liberty.

by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2021 3:49 PM

R10 seriously that dude's eye is creepy.

by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2021 3:50 PM

Even he seems to be admitting that his actual examples of wokeness at the park are pretty thin.

by Anonymousreply 22April 23, 2021 3:54 PM

I'd be absolutely terrified to see this dude's browser history.

by Anonymousreply 23April 23, 2021 3:54 PM

I suspect some Twitter folks are reading Datalounge, minutes after we posted the guy was a DA in Vegas, Twitter accounts started posting it, too.

Maybe we're still relevant!

by Anonymousreply 24April 23, 2021 3:59 PM

Closet case.

by Anonymousreply 25April 23, 2021 4:02 PM

[bold]Walk-in[/bold] Closet case.

by Anonymousreply 26April 23, 2021 4:06 PM

He looks like a character that MadTV actor Paul Vogt might have played at one point.

by Anonymousreply 27April 23, 2021 4:12 PM

This guy probably makes a big stink every time he sees something at DW that isn't the same as it used to be and ruins his kid's experience.

by Anonymousreply 28April 23, 2021 4:17 PM

He doesn't even describe the 3 examples very well.

If anything HE is injecting his politics into the park, not the other way around.

Does he actually have kids? Strangely he doesn't talk about them - just talks about his 'family'. Very odd.

This guy is a greasy, fat loser with an unhealthy relationship with Disney. The cord needs to be cut so he can grow the fuck up. With his 'family' - which I don't believe.

by Anonymousreply 29April 23, 2021 4:20 PM

Fun fact: Aunt Jemima was a walk-around character back when there was an Aunt Jemima's Pancake House, which opened shortly after the park did and lasted until1970.

by Anonymousreply 30April 23, 2021 4:22 PM

These nazis make up a large portion of the Disney fan base.

by Anonymousreply 31April 23, 2021 4:31 PM

I have to say I agree with him a little.

I don't want to see a tat on Snow White.

by Anonymousreply 32April 23, 2021 4:33 PM

I will say the appearance thing is an issue with me although having fat girls stretch the limits of Disney costume seams was the start of the end.

by Anonymousreply 33April 23, 2021 4:37 PM

[quote] I don't want to see a tat on Snow White.

How about a five o’clock shadow?

by Anonymousreply 34April 23, 2021 4:38 PM

[quote]I don't want to see a tat on Snow White.

I doubt very seriously the costumed characters are going to be allowed to show visible tattoos.

The guy putting you in the Doom Buggy on the Haunted Mansion, however.

by Anonymousreply 35April 23, 2021 4:39 PM

WTF is an inclusive haircut? Anyway he’s a Christian and thus following the teachings of American Jesus: intolerance, bigotry, selfishness and cruelty.

by Anonymousreply 36April 23, 2021 4:39 PM

I hope Saint Peter is telling people as they enter heaven, if they are lucky enough, "Leave your wokeness at the gate. It is not welcome here."

I can just see the sjw's up there complaining about those who got to enter right after they died.

by Anonymousreply 37April 23, 2021 4:43 PM

[quote]WTF is an inclusive haircut?

Dreads.

by Anonymousreply 38April 23, 2021 4:46 PM

He looks like a child molester.

by Anonymousreply 39April 23, 2021 4:47 PM

[quote]I hope Saint Peter is telling people as they enter heaven, if they are lucky enough, "Leave your wokeness at the gate. It is not welcome here.

God is a gay black woman, so good luck with that Bucky.

by Anonymousreply 40April 23, 2021 4:48 PM

I had a coworker with eyes like that; I couldn’t tell if he was looking at the chandelier or my dick.

by Anonymousreply 41April 23, 2021 4:50 PM

There was a rude song in Britain.

"One eye in the pot, and the other up the chimney."

by Anonymousreply 42April 23, 2021 4:56 PM

MANY characters at Disney are, in fact, based in racism so he's wrong on that point. Walt Disney was a eugenicist and huge racist which is well known at this point but I do think it's ridiculous to remove a character after all these years. If it's so offensive then just don't visit. Leave Disneyland to the deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 43April 23, 2021 4:58 PM

Looks like Mr. Wonky Eye don’t like wokeness. 👀

by Anonymousreply 44April 23, 2021 4:59 PM

[quote]I hope Saint Peter is telling people as they enter heaven, if they are lucky enough, "Leave your wokeness at the gate. It is not welcome here."

This is embarrassing. I can't believe you typed this.

by Anonymousreply 45April 23, 2021 5:01 PM

He doesn't want to see rainbow flags or have a gay day because it would puncture his fantasy of being a straight, Disney loving dad. I mean look at those Disney tchotchkes. OF COURSE he hates tattoos on workers. That is such an old queen gripe.

by Anonymousreply 46April 23, 2021 5:05 PM

[quote]Who the fuck is Trader Sam?

Trader Joe's gay brother.

by Anonymousreply 47April 23, 2021 5:17 PM

Listen if you like permanently staining skin which I think is fucking sick because the skin you were given is a gift from nature go ahead. It's not my business if you want to trash your body.

by Anonymousreply 48April 23, 2021 5:19 PM

He has a point. Walt Disney was famously fascist and the Disney park environment has reinforced this for 65 years. He misses his tried and true.

by Anonymousreply 49April 23, 2021 5:20 PM

...con el ojo que se le va...

by Anonymousreply 50April 23, 2021 5:25 PM

There is a similarity...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 23, 2021 5:27 PM

[quote]Listen if you like permanently staining skin which I think is fucking sick because the skin you were given is a gift from nature go ahead. It's not my business if you want to trash your body.

There's the DL I know and love.

Now complain about Muslim cast members being able to wear hijabs.

by Anonymousreply 52April 23, 2021 5:30 PM

[quote]Dreads.

Get them a job in the Animal Kingdom park. The African souvenir stand in EPCOT doesn't have much room for advancement.

by Anonymousreply 53April 23, 2021 5:32 PM

How many kids has this guy eaten?

by Anonymousreply 54April 23, 2021 7:02 PM

Dangle a fat meaty cock in front of her face and she will start sweating. Bitch’s mouth will be around that dick faster than Oprah downing a pint of Ben&Jerry’s.

by Anonymousreply 55April 23, 2021 7:09 PM

He's just angry that Disney has ignored all his letters suggesting a stop on the Jungle Cruise where the African warriors take you to their hut and have their way with you.

by Anonymousreply 56April 23, 2021 7:12 PM

Looking at those figurines behind him, I think he has much bigger issues than dealing with wokeness.

by Anonymousreply 57April 23, 2021 7:15 PM

One eye looking at you, one eye looking for you.

by Anonymousreply 58April 23, 2021 7:28 PM

[quote]I do not want to have Disney World taken away from us because Disney cares more about politics than happy guests.

Taken away? You're the one who's threatening to stop going. Jesus, and I bet this guy constantly whines about millennials being entitled.

by Anonymousreply 59April 23, 2021 7:29 PM

Any man who cares this much about Disney is a ravenous bottom. Just look at the figurine collection behind him. Ghey....

by Anonymousreply 60April 23, 2021 7:35 PM

R40 If God was any kind of woman, she would have made it easier for females to pee in public.

by Anonymousreply 61April 23, 2021 7:54 PM

It looks like Snow White lynched her dwarfs.

by Anonymousreply 62April 23, 2021 9:05 PM

" I will not be thinking about the gloriously entertaining puns of the skippers, I will be thinking about Disney’s political agenda. That’s a mood killer."

In other words:

"The existence of changes put me in a bad mood, and I think that's WAY more important than the mood of anyone whose mood might be ruined by racist stereotypes. Because the feelings of white christians are the only feelings that matter, and I expect Disney to agree with that".

by Anonymousreply 63April 23, 2021 9:10 PM

Are there any people on the left who refer to themselves as woke anymore?

by Anonymousreply 64April 23, 2021 9:13 PM

If you ever want to ruin one of these Disney freaks day, just ask them about the changes they're making at Epcot.

by Anonymousreply 65April 23, 2021 9:22 PM

Just wait until they start requiring proof of vaccination to enter.

Miss Thang's widdle head will explode.

by Anonymousreply 66April 23, 2021 9:25 PM

I don't mind black Disney characters, just let em keep to their own section of the park!

by Anonymousreply 67April 23, 2021 9:27 PM

[quote] Walt Disney was a eugenicist and huge racist which is well known at this point b

You're going to just have to get over the fact that everyone was a racist 70+ years ago.

by Anonymousreply 68April 23, 2021 9:28 PM

Comedian Brent Terhune

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 23, 2021 9:36 PM

It was better in the old days when they used a real Negro.

by Anonymousreply 70April 23, 2021 9:37 PM

R70: Thanks, Mrs. Eisenhower.

R64: No one ever did. Some Twitter nobody used it once and the right wing wurlitzer picked it up. It doesn't mean anything, just a word for everything that the right hates. If they order chicken tenders and fries and get onion rings by mistake, they'll bitch how the woke cashier screwed them on purpose because they're conservative.

by Anonymousreply 71April 23, 2021 9:45 PM

Bet Fat Ass can fill you in on all the Food options at WDW .

by Anonymousreply 72April 23, 2021 9:51 PM

I don't have to get over anything R68 as they are removing any racist characters from the disney parks as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 73April 23, 2021 9:59 PM

[quote]No one ever did. Some Twitter nobody used it once

Not true.

Yes, the right has weaponized the word, but its history and use goes back years.

by Anonymousreply 74April 23, 2021 10:00 PM

[quote]I don't have to get over anything [R68] as they are removing any racist characters from the disney parks as we speak.

Will they move on to images of "racist" Disney himself? Maybe they should change the name of the park.

by Anonymousreply 75April 23, 2021 10:02 PM

It’s behind a paywall.

by Anonymousreply 76April 23, 2021 10:05 PM

Disney was one of the first big companies to offer benefits to the same sex partners of its employees. It's also been quietly snipping controversial segments out of its productions and pulling others out of circulation for many decades. And last time I was at Disney World there was a filmed introduction to the Hall of Presidents show that included some surprisingly progressive discussion of American slavery. So the idea of it as some right-wing monolith is absurd. Like any other functioning American business it's in the business of pleasing its customers and making $$$.

by Anonymousreply 77April 23, 2021 10:09 PM

Cut to Disney adding trans characters and DL goes into meltdown mode. Stop pretending you’re any better than this guy.

by Anonymousreply 78April 23, 2021 10:09 PM

R77, I doubt that the majority of Disney World’s customers are progressive. lol. It’s frau land.

by Anonymousreply 79April 23, 2021 10:10 PM

That cross-eyed fat fuck is a Disney junkie. He’ll cry and bitch and moan and make threats, but he’ll go back.

It reminds me of people who promise to leave Data Lounge because we’re TERRIBLE. They always come back.

It’s a slow, mentally-delayed, harmless version of “Scream II”; they always return spouting gibberish.

by Anonymousreply 80April 23, 2021 10:15 PM

They changed Snow White's Scary Adventures to Snow White's Enchanted Wish.

THAT'S what pisses me off (plus the fact they took out the scene where Sleepy rims Dopey)

by Anonymousreply 81April 23, 2021 10:15 PM

Holy Fuck!

That bollix looks like he's got a few extra chromosomes.

by Anonymousreply 82April 23, 2021 10:17 PM

He should visit the Ark and Dinosaur Museum in Kentucky, where they have Jesus riding Dinosaurs.

by Anonymousreply 83April 23, 2021 10:40 PM

He's on the right track. Instead of spending his money at Disney, he should be spending it at an ophthalmologist's clinic... to get them wonky eyes fixed. ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 84April 23, 2021 10:53 PM

Maybe they can replace it with the Colonel Kurtz “Heart of Darkness” River Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 85April 23, 2021 11:05 PM

Comedian Blaire Erskine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 24, 2021 3:52 PM

The problem with his argument is that he seems to think that the only people who visit Disney World are white people. Non-whites should be able to visit Disney World and have an “immersive experience” too.

by Anonymousreply 87April 24, 2021 4:04 PM

Part of white privilege is the strong belief that your feeling matter more than anyone who’s not white.

by Anonymousreply 88April 24, 2021 4:06 PM

He's just pissed the Bibbedy-Bobbity-Boop Shop's Princess outfits don't come in his size.

by Anonymousreply 89April 24, 2021 4:13 PM

r88 so, uncle ruckus, why is it that you seem to think white people are superior to all other races?

by Anonymousreply 90April 24, 2021 5:12 PM

I don’t, moron.

by Anonymousreply 91April 24, 2021 5:27 PM

This fat slob of a Deplorable will be dead of a heart attack next week.

by Anonymousreply 92April 24, 2021 5:45 PM

Woke bullying.

by Anonymousreply 93April 24, 2021 5:48 PM

My problem with this is that this 'wokeness' is coming from two very rich white men who are known nasty people(Iger is known as The Screamer) who are using this simply as a trendy publicity ploy. They don't give a shit about anyone's rights treating employees like crap making constant budget cuts, not maintaining the parks in terms of attractions and cleanliness and nickeling and diming guests(customers) to death. And this was before covid when Iger spent 71 BILLION dollars to buy Fox. I'd like to know what his commission was for brokering this deal. The CFO for 2020(!!!) got an 11 million dollar bonus. Chapek and Iger make many 10s of millions a year and yet it was the fans who contributed to set up food kitchens for unemployed Disney employees.

But the Disney fans think this is wonderful and so inclusive because they are idiots.

by Anonymousreply 94April 24, 2021 6:08 PM

r94

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95April 24, 2021 6:15 PM

[quote]God is a gay black woman

I was always told by blacks that gay was a white man’s “problem”.

by Anonymousreply 96April 24, 2021 6:22 PM

Adults obsessed with Disney creep me the fuck out.

by Anonymousreply 97April 24, 2021 6:25 PM

Dismissively saying "woke" is like when my Nazi-sympathizing paternal grandfather called me a "Jew lover" and an "N* lover." It's an attempt to shame people for just having common decency.

by Anonymousreply 98April 24, 2021 6:25 PM

R98, amen! The people who use that term as an insult are low IQ racist rednecks like Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene

by Anonymousreply 99April 24, 2021 6:27 PM

r99

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 24, 2021 6:56 PM

I think I wanted to go there maybe once just to see what all the fuss was.

I thought I got 'stuck' in life after my dad died -- my older brother is a Disney fanatic. He gets like a giddy kid there.

I can't stand the place. Maybe if I went with someone I liked and liked me back and it wasn't at the height of tourist season.

by Anonymousreply 101April 24, 2021 7:00 PM

I've had sufficient with those Twitter "comedians"

by Anonymousreply 102April 24, 2021 7:12 PM

I want my young Christian daughters to be exposed to the anatomic prostitutes who serve beer to the pirates who will rape them in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

None of that woke nonsense for this Christian family!

by Anonymousreply 103April 24, 2021 7:59 PM

Men that age who are into Disney figurines are child molesters.

by Anonymousreply 104April 24, 2021 8:00 PM

He's obviously not a fan of vegetables, either.

by Anonymousreply 105April 24, 2021 8:03 PM

[quote]I was always told by blacks that gay was a white man’s “problem”.

You were never told that by one single black person, you made that up.

by Anonymousreply 106April 24, 2021 8:08 PM

R100 knows what's up. 'Woke' as a definition has morphed from having awareness and empathy for important social justice issues (originally, specifically those pertaining to the Black community) to becoming a moralizing, religious crusade - hijacked by radical leftist elites. I say this as a lifetime leftist and progressive. Wokeness has NO relationship to actual liberal, progressive ideologies. It's dogmatic. And more about moral/ethical superiority and spreading group-think absolutism than actually solving complex socio-political issues.

Some of the leading, progressive intellectuals (like John McWhorter) have brilliantly deconstructed "wokeness" and its inherent 'religiosity'. If you go against the woke orthodoxy, be prepared to be taken down by their inquisition. Any free-thinking, TRUE progressive would distance themselves from this authoritarian movement ASAP. Their ideas and solutions are uni-dimensional and divisive by design.

But the simplistic, virtue signaling soundbites (that fit rather nicely in Instagram squares) let the "woke" feel good about themselves and their virtue, so its popularity rages on. It's slacktivism at best and a religious cult at its worst.

by Anonymousreply 107April 24, 2021 9:35 PM

Glenn Loury and John McWhorter are basically Diamond & Silk with Ph.D. degrees and more intelligent rhetoric.

There are those of us who remember John McWhorter from 20 years ago. He's little more than the Black version of Milky Loads, when it comes to politics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 24, 2021 9:42 PM

Right , R103. Do they still have those poor female (white) prisoner/slaves in shackles in the pirates of the Caribbean ride? That shocked me when I was little. They should do away with “trader Joe” (whoever the hell that is) and those poor sex slaves in the pirates of the Caribbean ride. I’m all for dark, historically accurate themes in the right context, but would agree that Disney is not the place.

by Anonymousreply 109April 24, 2021 10:25 PM

[quote] Christian Republican dad not a fan of "wokeness" at Disney World!

I always knew Christian Republicans were just like us!

by Anonymousreply 110April 24, 2021 10:26 PM

R109 No, they changed that a few years ago, with one of the women now a pirate and she's auctioning off loot. The reaction to that change from the Disney faithful was pretty much what you'd expect. Lots of whining about how it's no longer historically accurate - because, of course, everything else on that ride is totally educational.

by Anonymousreply 111April 24, 2021 11:10 PM

Red is an awesome character. The purists can fuck themselves.

by Anonymousreply 112April 24, 2021 11:12 PM

I bet his Mickey Mouse ears hat is embroidered with the name ‘Karen’

by Anonymousreply 113April 24, 2021 11:31 PM

There is nothing wrong with watching Disney as an adult. Honestly, it would raise more of a red flag if he were an adult gay man, but you still have plenty of gay men into Disney and Star Wars, which is just as childish. If you're a parent, Disney had reliable content that you can watch with your children. There are also plenty of adult professionals who work at Disney and other animation studios who are passionate about their product.

by Anonymousreply 114April 25, 2021 12:43 AM

I'm not a Disney fanatic but I still enjoy some of the things I did as a kid. I totally understand that pull for nostalgia especially when it seems like the world is changing too fast.

by Anonymousreply 115April 25, 2021 12:45 AM

[quote] My problem with this is that this 'wokeness' is coming from two very rich white men who are known nasty people(Iger is known as The Screamer) who are using this simply as a trendy publicity ploy. They don't give a shit about anyone's rights treating employees like crap making constant budget cuts, not maintaining the parks in terms of attractions and cleanliness and nickeling and diming guests(customers) to death. And this was before covid when Iger spent 71 BILLION dollars to buy Fox. I'd like to know what his commission was for brokering this deal. The CFO for 2020(!!!) got an 11 million dollar bonus. Chapek and Iger make many 10s of millions a year and yet it was the fans who contributed to set up food kitchens for unemployed Disney employees.

I've been saying this for awhile. People associate wokeness with teenagers behind their keyboards, but it's most destructive when used by multi billion dollar companies who use it to fool stupid people.

by Anonymousreply 116April 25, 2021 12:49 AM

Just smoke copious amounts of pot, silly

by Anonymousreply 117April 25, 2021 1:00 AM

He's just angry because security made him remove his snack purse.

by Anonymousreply 118April 25, 2021 1:17 AM

[quote]Just smoke copious amounts of pot, silly

I just did.

Yay, New York!

by Anonymousreply 119April 25, 2021 1:57 AM

A fat "straight" guy who owns Disney shit. Clearly, he has issues.

by Anonymousreply 120April 25, 2021 2:03 AM

"There is nothing wrong with watching Disney as an adult"

I agree, I'm 60 years old and have DisneyPlus! There's some good movies and "The Mandalorian" there, for not much money!

But I do look askance at anyone who goes all gaga over the theme parks. And by ":gaga", I mean visiting for hundreds of times and whining if a single thing is ever changed. I mean, don't you want new experiences? Why do the same thing over and over?

by Anonymousreply 121April 25, 2021 2:18 AM

I watched "Song of the South" as a kid (can't remember if it was on TV or at the movies).

Loved Uncle Remus and the cartoon bluebirds, and can't remember a thing about the plot or the child characters.

Of course, now I see how racist it is.

by Anonymousreply 122April 25, 2021 3:10 AM

A response to Jonathan VanBoskerck, and some further information about him:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 25, 2021 3:21 AM

The word “woke” should be banned..

by Anonymousreply 124April 25, 2021 3:55 AM

The resident of Las Vegas, Nevada is believed by many to be the Deputy District Attorney at Clark County. In 2018, he apparently facilitated Nevada's first execution in 12 years, by injecting the convict Scott Raymond Dozier with a lethal combination of drugs.

by Anonymousreply 125April 25, 2021 1:01 PM

R123 I’m not a Disney aficionado, but if that’s Trader Sam... I’m surprised it lasted this long. WTF.

by Anonymousreply 126April 25, 2021 1:17 PM

***BREAKING*** obese closeted Republican man demands to see ethnic stereotypes at his beloved theme park!

by Anonymousreply 127April 25, 2021 1:19 PM

[quote]I’m not a Disney aficionado, but if that’s Trader Sam... I’m surprised it lasted this long. WTF.

Apparently, it's 'Chief Nah-Me' (the link below explains; it's racist as fuck). I wasn't aware of it until the VanBoskerck article. I've only been to Disneyland once, back in 2000, and never rode the 'Jungle Cruise' exhibit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128April 25, 2021 9:19 PM

They are discussing changing the suicide hanging in the Haunted Mansion because it offends people who have lost someone to suicide. Don't drag it out, just do it and move on.

by Anonymousreply 129April 26, 2021 12:42 AM

R128 I see, yes, Trader Sam is at Disneyland and that other guy is at Disney World. I watched a video of the Jungle Cruise because I couldn't remember it and the animal animatronics is pretty good, they should just remove the headhunters and make more animatronic animals.

Disney obsessives are so fucked in the head. "Wokeness" has definitely become a parody of itself, but that doesn't mean that retrograde stereotypes need to be kept in perpetuity because people are oddly attached to a ride at a theme park. Get a grip!

What made me see the Song of the South racism drama in a new light was realizing that many people in the 1940s actually complained about the film and thought it was racist at the time!!! It's not something that suddenly "became" racist. The NAACP even spoke out against its release at the time.

I guess most of the people who get in a tizzy about Disney removing stuff are those local freaks who spend their non-working hours at Disneyland, aren't they? I've been to Disneyland exactly once (as a child) and I couldn't give two fucks about what they remove from their rides and attractions. I guess a suicide hanging at the Haunted Mansion is a bit tasteless these days, so why shouldn't they remove it? Why does everything have to be the same FOREVER?! Why do I even have such strong opinions about this topic?!

by Anonymousreply 130April 26, 2021 1:42 AM

I took a look at one of the main sites these obsessives gather at, and there's a 70+ page thread full of them whining about how Disney are now allowing their staff to not cover up their tattoos. People saying that the "premium" Disney experience will now be the same as going to some carnie fun fair.

Mind you, a significant amount of DL will probably agree with them on that issue.

by Anonymousreply 131April 26, 2021 4:41 PM

Wonder how he feels about Disneyland taking the shutdown as an opportunity to overhaul Snow White's Scary Adventure into Snow White's Enchanted Wish, which re-does and pluses a lot of the effects. It also tells the whole story, instead of just ending abruptly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132May 4, 2021 8:01 PM

How is that guy not gay? A grown man surrounded by Disney shit?

by Anonymousreply 133May 4, 2021 8:07 PM

[quote]People saying that the "premium" Disney experience will now be the same as going to some carnie fun fair.

I'm sure Walt is spinning in his grave ... after all, he wouldn't even allow moustaches, despite having one himself.

by Anonymousreply 134May 4, 2021 8:08 PM

Check out the strange world of Disney YouTube if you think he's unusual.

Disney also just put out their Pride merch for the year. This is the first year they've explicitly said it's for Pride (being advertised with a family with two moms), rather than just rainbow stuff that just randomly comes out in June. His head will explode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135May 4, 2021 8:11 PM

[quote]In 2018, he apparently facilitated Nevada's first execution in 12 years, by injecting the convict Scott Raymond Dozier with a lethal combination of drugs.

Well, he didn't facilitate it very well because Dozier waived his appeals and begged the judge to expedite his execution back in 2016 before finally committing suicide in 2019.

by Anonymousreply 136May 4, 2021 8:14 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 137May 4, 2021 9:10 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 138May 4, 2021 9:10 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 139May 4, 2021 9:12 PM

Mary Poppins ends with a Hottentot number. The word is used in the film or has this been edited out?

by Anonymousreply 140May 4, 2021 9:30 PM

Damn, his left eye seems to have a mind of its own.

by Anonymousreply 141May 4, 2021 9:32 PM

[quote]Song of the South is not racist.

Oh? Then why did the NAACP protest it when it was released?

by Anonymousreply 142May 4, 2021 9:38 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 143May 4, 2021 9:39 PM

Snow White and Sleeping Beauty need to be canceled. Both are molested in their sleep. There is no consent. And yet Disney insists on making billions off of them every year.

by Anonymousreply 144May 4, 2021 9:40 PM

QANON, Trump Loving, Disney Hating, Youtuber Josiah will probably make this guy a "star" in his next Anti Hollywood rant...It must be nice to just make shit up on Youtube and make money doing it..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145May 4, 2021 9:46 PM

Stop pushing that shit on different threads, R145 (probably Josiah himself.)

by Anonymousreply 146May 4, 2021 11:32 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 147May 5, 2021 1:01 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 148May 5, 2021 1:21 PM

R135

Lol thank you for pointing that out for the conservatives on this forum who co-sign this shit. These people DO NOT like gay people either, so I don’t know why there’s a sudden influx of idiots here who are jumping on the conservative bandwagon.

by Anonymousreply 149May 5, 2021 1:28 PM

Take out the T. They don't gays and lesbians either.

by Anonymousreply 150May 5, 2021 1:31 PM

R150

They aren’t politically rallying to oppress gay people. And in fact, 99% of trans people support gay people and our rights. The fact remains that conservatives still largely don’t, even the gay ones on this forum. We have conservatives like Defacto who have openly opposed gay rights and worshipped straight people. This is a weirdo who won’t even have sex with a fellow gay or bi man because he only wants a “pure” straight man.

by Anonymousreply 151May 5, 2021 1:36 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 152May 5, 2021 1:37 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 153May 5, 2021 1:38 PM

Caftan wearing, Marcus Bachmann school of therapy graduate, toe tapping, wide standing, church youth-group soccer team equipment manager, meth-smoking- chronic- masterbater, Christian Republican dad not a fan of "wokeness" at DW. FIFY.

by Anonymousreply 154May 5, 2021 1:38 PM

R153

Wow. Just wow. This is the slime that’s allowed on this forum these days.

by Anonymousreply 155May 5, 2021 1:39 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 156May 5, 2021 1:40 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 157May 5, 2021 1:41 PM

My local newspaper actually printed this stupidity.

Yes, visiting Disney properties is fun for adults---but to make more visits than one? Just say "No."

by Anonymousreply 158May 5, 2021 1:44 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 159May 5, 2021 1:46 PM

Disney is for fat flyovers.

by Anonymousreply 160May 5, 2021 1:48 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 161May 5, 2021 1:49 PM

R20, It's not like he's a fat brain trust. He's a pathetic specimen with a wonky eye who seeks refuge in an imaginary perfect childhood and who now believes it is being "taken away" from him by "wokeness."

And we all know that "wokeness" ruins dreams.

by Anonymousreply 162May 5, 2021 1:50 PM

Uh, r161, for said flyovers to Okie it to Anaheim.

by Anonymousreply 163May 5, 2021 1:52 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 164May 5, 2021 1:53 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 165May 5, 2021 1:53 PM

I watched Fox for about an hour a few days ago and the word of the day was "Woke." I wanted to shoot my TV.

by Anonymousreply 166May 5, 2021 1:53 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 167May 5, 2021 1:55 PM

look at his eye! gross

by Anonymousreply 168May 5, 2021 1:55 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 169May 5, 2021 1:55 PM

[quote] So you support censorship and you think corporations should be allowed to decide what we can and can't watch

So you’re a Nazi who wants to be the only person who gets to tell corporations what to do.

Why are Repugs so anti personal property rights? Why can’t Disney do as they please with the intellectual property that they own?

by Anonymousreply 170May 5, 2021 1:59 PM

R137 Song of the South portrays slavery as a good thing that former slaves missed. It's racist.

by Anonymousreply 171May 5, 2021 2:00 PM

Wait until the Christian Republican Dad sees what Goofy, Mickey, and Donald are up to!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172May 5, 2021 2:00 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 173May 5, 2021 2:00 PM

[quote] Nothing says wokeness like mocking people's physical deformities.

Are you under the delusion that DL is “woke”?

by Anonymousreply 174May 5, 2021 2:01 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 175May 5, 2021 2:02 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 176May 5, 2021 2:03 PM

[quote] When did the so-called Left become obsessed with protecting the nonexistent feelings of heartless multinational corporations with blood on their hands from human rights violations?

About the time you nazis decided you could bully businesses into being your racist mouthpieces.

by Anonymousreply 177May 5, 2021 2:04 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 178May 5, 2021 2:04 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 179May 5, 2021 2:05 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 180May 5, 2021 2:08 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 181May 5, 2021 2:15 PM

Then why was it criticized by contemporary critics as portraying slavery positively?

Bosley Crowther said the following about the film after its release:

[quote]"the master-and-slave relation is so lovingly regarded ... that one might almost imagine that you figure Abe Lincoln made a mistake. Put down that mint julep, Mr. Disney!"

Look I'm not saying copies of it should be burned and destroyed, I don't even agree with it not being publicly available. Nothing's wrong with acknowledging the faults of the film.

by Anonymousreply 182May 5, 2021 2:17 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 183May 5, 2021 2:19 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 184May 5, 2021 2:20 PM

R183 Well, to be fair that's Disney's fault. If they had been more EXPLICIT with the film, people wouldn't be calling it racist. They should have been more thoughtful when making the film, that's the consequence of their actions.

by Anonymousreply 185May 5, 2021 2:22 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 186May 5, 2021 2:24 PM

R186 You're the one arguing that Song of the South can't be racist because the KKK didn't lynch Uncle Remus, but okay.

by Anonymousreply 187May 5, 2021 2:26 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 188May 5, 2021 2:26 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 189May 5, 2021 2:27 PM

R189 No I'm not. You realize Disney themselves is the reason Song of the South isn't available, correct? The Birth of a Nation is public domain, which explains why it's continually available. Who said The Birth of a Nation wasn't racist, by the way? I never did.

by Anonymousreply 190May 5, 2021 2:29 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 191May 5, 2021 2:30 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 192May 5, 2021 2:30 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 193May 5, 2021 2:33 PM

R192 Wait, where did I say that Song of the South could never be released? I just said it's racist.

I actually think it should be released. I think people should be able to see the film for what it is. Suppressing it has created much more mystique and curiosity regarding the film. It's racist yes, but you're right it is NOT on the same level as Birth of a Nation and plenty of other films. Why Disney doesn't do what Warner Brothers (you know, showing a little caption saying that the cartoons were made in a different time), is beyond me.

R193 You sure seem to have a lot of opinions about MY opinions when all *I* said was that yes, Song of the South is indeed racist.

by Anonymousreply 194May 5, 2021 2:34 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 195May 5, 2021 2:38 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 196May 5, 2021 2:39 PM

R196

You are batshit insane.

by Anonymousreply 197May 5, 2021 2:41 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 198May 5, 2021 2:41 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 199May 5, 2021 2:42 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 200May 5, 2021 2:43 PM

[quote]99% of trans people support gay people and our rights

Thank you, R151, for recognizing that at least a few of us living our authentic lives are faithful to traditional conservative values of one man one woman!

by Anonymousreply 201May 5, 2021 2:55 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 202May 5, 2021 2:56 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 203May 5, 2021 2:59 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 204May 5, 2021 3:06 PM

R202, stop being a liar.

by Anonymousreply 205May 5, 2021 3:07 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 206May 5, 2021 3:08 PM

Oh excuse me, I meant stop being a liar and a sack of shit.

by Anonymousreply 207May 5, 2021 3:11 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 208May 5, 2021 3:12 PM

Your existence is an embarrassment to humanity.

by Anonymousreply 209May 5, 2021 3:33 PM

Disney World is an amusement park for children, not their alt-right 50 year old parents. Fatso will have to find another way to indoctrinate his children into the regressive, racist culture of his youth.

by Anonymousreply 210May 5, 2021 3:37 PM

How long will the Nazis pretend that the use of “Socialist” by the German Nazis made them liberal leftists?

God, you nazis are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 211May 5, 2021 3:41 PM

It's Matt Anscher. Of course he's batshit insane. We've known it for years. That's the deranged crazy who, as some of us remember, tried DDoS attacks on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 212May 5, 2021 3:44 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 213May 5, 2021 4:32 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 214May 5, 2021 4:35 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 215May 5, 2021 4:46 PM

You should stop doing the bidding of the alt-right, R215.

by Anonymousreply 216May 5, 2021 5:00 PM

It is ironic that James Baskett gives a very beautiful touching performance in this film and and is reduced to being an Uncle Tom by people who have 14 million dollar homes while underpaying staff. Also the beginning of Zip a Dee Doo Dah is one of the greatest moments in any film up there with the match in Lawrence.

Also I remember back in the 80s when I saw the film people were complaining about about the scene where Warrick dresses down Baskett and I thought how stupid could people be completely missing its point. All they saw was a white woman humiliating a black man. That kind of thinking is scary. And it's also scary that the Times would omit the film from Warrick's obituary. The attitude of we're so above everyone because we fawn over the decisions of fabulously wealthy powerful people if they're on our political side in terms of do as we say not as we do AND provide enormous amounts of advertising revenue.

by Anonymousreply 217May 5, 2021 5:19 PM

What movie, R217??

by Anonymousreply 218May 5, 2021 5:24 PM

'Boy's Night Out'

by Anonymousreply 219May 5, 2021 5:28 PM

Thong of the Thouth

by Anonymousreply 220May 5, 2021 5:30 PM

I am a leftie and i hate the Woke culture bullshit. Go fuck yourself OP

by Anonymousreply 221May 5, 2021 5:33 PM

So being a fat fuck has no bearing on his experiences regarding Disney???

Obesity ruins pretty much every single experience you experience while being obese. And being a fat Christian on top of it all? Yeah- no. Disney is not the problem. Nor is it the solution- sadly enough.

by Anonymousreply 222May 5, 2021 5:35 PM

Yes there are a lot of fat people at WDW. I remember at a buffet seeing two I assume parents with two young handsome men in their early 20s. They were pretty cute but from the neck down they were morbidly obese. Just rolls of fat hanging off their chairs. Not heavy but really obese. Not only was it sad it was bizarre. The fat in no way took away from the handsomeness of their faces. The parents I remember were of normal weight.

by Anonymousreply 223May 5, 2021 5:41 PM

[quote] Who the fuck is Trader Sam?

Trader Joe's illegitimate brother.

by Anonymousreply 224May 5, 2021 5:42 PM

You can't come in. You're too fat. Get out.

by Anonymousreply 225May 5, 2021 5:43 PM

[quote] Shut the fuck up you classist ableist degenerate scum. Disney will gladly side with the TQ+ over gay people when they had to be dragged kicking and screaming into acknowledging his existence.

His existence? You mean THEIR?

by Anonymousreply 226May 5, 2021 5:45 PM

Wokeist are trying vVERY HARD. Trying to make them look like a good thing for America and trying to say Wokes are from the right wing posting articles which would accuse the Right of inventing Wokism when everyone knows that the Wokes are doing exactly what the Communists were doing.: Cancel culture, erasing things from Hsitory. Obviously, the Wokeist feel threatened on the DL because people are opening their eyes on them.

by Anonymousreply 227May 5, 2021 5:45 PM

Wokeist is a weird FOX term that I'm looking forward to upcoming teens savagely demolishing.

by Anonymousreply 228May 5, 2021 5:49 PM

i love my wok!

by Anonymousreply 229May 5, 2021 5:52 PM

The right has been demonizing anything leftist as "woke" for political purposes and DL's supposed leftists seem happy to help them do it.

by Anonymousreply 230May 5, 2021 5:52 PM

The right has nothinc to do with Wokeism. You can lie again and again but it's too late. Even Obama warned people about the Wokes.

by Anonymousreply 231May 5, 2021 5:55 PM

The leftists on DL are not grandstanding extremists like you R230.

by Anonymousreply 232May 5, 2021 5:56 PM

Are we STILL talking about this talking, quivering wall of fat?

by Anonymousreply 233May 5, 2021 5:56 PM

It's not a lie. It's straight up truth. All this anti-leftist shit comes straight out of the right-wing and DL eats it up.

by Anonymousreply 234May 5, 2021 5:56 PM

R234 you're the one fucking obese from eating shit.

by Anonymousreply 235May 5, 2021 6:02 PM

R234 DL's lefties are not Dems but Wokes. Dems reject Wokes. It is only on the DL that I read so called Dems defending the Wokes. Obama is therefore an extremist. How desperate! hahahaha. Ridiculous and pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 236May 5, 2021 6:03 PM

Wokes now want to cancel Cinderella because the Prince was sexually assaulting her.

Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 237May 5, 2021 6:06 PM

R236 I'm not defending anyone. What I'm I'm saying is that this is just another tactic from the right-wing, and if you're a Dem or any sort of leftist you shouldn't be buying into it.

by Anonymousreply 238May 5, 2021 6:09 PM

R238 Problem is there are many proofs that Wokes come from a movement from the Far Left in universities. For an example Berniebros are totally iinto that woke bullshit .

by Anonymousreply 239May 5, 2021 6:12 PM

Well it's really Snow White and Sleeping Beauty who are assaulted. And in their sleep. Without consent. The princes should have just let them sleep forever. Fuck em if they're going to bring assault charges and Iger and Chapek want to screw them over to show how concerned they are while choking on enough money to bring all the poor in India up to the middle class.

by Anonymousreply 240May 5, 2021 9:39 PM

Adult obsession with Disney Land/World is fucking weird. I knew people who flew to Florida during the pandemic because Disneyworld was open and who went day one with Disneyland opened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241May 5, 2021 10:08 PM

[quote]Bibbedy-Bobbity-Boop

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 242May 5, 2021 10:23 PM

[quote] Wokeist are trying vVERY HARD. Trying to make them look like a good thing for America and trying to say Wokes are from the right wing posting articles which would accuse the Right of inventing Wokism when everyone knows that the Wokes are doing exactly what the Communists were doing.: Cancel culture, erasing things from Hsitory. Obviously, the Wokeist feel threatened on the DL because people are opening their eyes on them.

Next time, run your verbal diarrhea through Russian/Hungarian/Chinese -> English Google Translate before you come here to troll. Or get a GED.

by Anonymousreply 243May 5, 2021 11:32 PM

A straight man obsessed with Disney? Disturbing. I can appreciate it, but I don't have a collection.

by Anonymousreply 244May 5, 2021 11:42 PM

R243 Next time, try to have some dignity and do something about your paranoid behaviors. NOT a Russian, NOT a Chinese, NOT a Hungarian. The truth hurts I know. Keep your communist ideology Woke, for yourself. Everyone is fed up of your mental illness. Imbecile.

by Anonymousreply 245May 5, 2021 11:44 PM

There are quite a few straight men who are into Disney. Which is why the Disney Vacation club is so successful. The Disney properties are filled with straight couples and families who might not only go every year but maybe several times a year. The straight men are just as passionate as the gay men. I am not making this up.

by Anonymousreply 246May 6, 2021 12:34 AM

[quote] R243 Next time, try to have some dignity and do something about your paranoid behaviors. NOT a Russian, NOT a Chinese, NOT a Hungarian. The truth hurts I know. Keep your communist ideology Woke, for yourself. Everyone is fed up of your mental illness. Imbecile.

And certainly not someone who can construct a proper sentence in English. Is that you, Nestor Gaetz?

by Anonymousreply 247May 6, 2021 12:48 AM

R167 Not sure what kind of logic you're using but whatever makes you happy. "Law-abiding citizens" carry guns into Chipotle JUST to be assholes. I will NEVER NOT complain about that.

by Anonymousreply 248May 6, 2021 9:56 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 249May 6, 2021 9:59 AM

All the heads of major studios could be accused of anti Semitism! They tried as hard as possible to keep jewish themes out of their movies. It took a gentile to make Gentlemen's Agreement and the Jewish heads begged him not to. They also referred to each other as kike bastards. And they were not owning it. They meant it. And lets not go near what was happening during the Nazi rise to power and them refusing to give up the European market until they had to.

by Anonymousreply 250May 6, 2021 2:37 PM

I just saw this thread and am not going to read 250 replies to weigh in. I'm 65 years old. I've never seen Song Of The South. I'd like to see it. I'm not KKK or a Trumplican. I'm just not a big fan of censorship, even if it's self-censorship.

I think Disney should make it available on say, Disney+ and provide the appropriate warnings and some context before and after it. Even if it makes the company look bad and they have to say, "yeah, it's pretty racist and we fucked up. Sorry." Treat us all like adults. Racists are gonna racist whether you show it or not, and black people can choose to watch it or not.

by Anonymousreply 251May 6, 2021 2:49 PM

I had a straight male friend who loved going to Disney World for vacation with his S.O. He made it sound as if there were facilities for adults, bars and the like, or maybe I'm misunderstanding. I thought it was probably a kind of Club Med-like experience, just a place to vedge and forget about the world in very controlled, predictable surroundings. I don't know how into the characters and rides he was.

by Anonymousreply 252May 6, 2021 3:00 PM

R252 There were things like Pleasure Island, but that's since closed.

I don't understand why anyone would go to Disney World if they just want to do adult things though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253May 6, 2021 3:09 PM

Epcot used to be for adults which children could enjoy like a world's fair with cultural activities. But they've thrown that out the window to slowly turn it into an amusement park. Still there are great places to eat if you are into that and have plenty of money.

by Anonymousreply 254May 6, 2021 3:27 PM

R252 - I haven't been there in almost 30 years, but even then, there were adult things to do. If you have someone to watch your children in the evenings, it's a great time. There were excellent restaurant and some good entertainment.

My friends just went in mid-April (two gay couples) and raved about it the restaurants. And these guys aren't "Olive Garden-types," they know from great food (well, at least two of them). They liked STK (overpriced but excellent) and mentioned two other restaurants they loved. They did other things also.

Adults can have a great time there.

by Anonymousreply 255May 6, 2021 5:29 PM

I went to the California Grill at the Contemporary Resort Sunday Brunch a couple of years ago. I was over the moon about it. Lobsters eggs Benedict and shrimp with grits(that was a shocker how good it was) and many other things. Divine.

I wonder if it will ever return.

by Anonymousreply 256May 6, 2021 6:40 PM

Disney Springs and a lot of the restaurants at Epcot are really good. Victoria and Albert's, which is at one of the resorts, would likely have a Michelin star if Michelin rated restaurants in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 257May 6, 2021 7:52 PM

That wonky eye is evil straight out of that "Exorcist" TV series.

Has this guy been read to filth in real life to the point where he's finally embarrassed for the bullshit he spewed?

by Anonymousreply 258May 6, 2021 7:55 PM

r251, You realize that you or anyone else can buy this movie on Amazon for 12.95? It's not censorship to not include a movie on a TV cable package.

Companies making business decisions that avoid controversy and appeal to as wide a customer base as possible is not censorship, it's market based capitalism.

We're not talking about some idiot bloviating at dinner , any grown man making a formal argument about a cartoon character for any reason is mentally defective.

by Anonymousreply 259May 6, 2021 8:15 PM

R259 - Actually, I did not realize it was still available to buy.

[quote]Companies making business decisions that avoid controversy and appeal to as wide a customer base as possible is not censorship, it's market based capitalism.

I understand that. But it's a form of self-censorship if you can't buy it. However, it seems you can so I don't now think it's censorship.

I agree the guy is a mental defective.

by Anonymousreply 260May 6, 2021 9:27 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 261May 7, 2021 3:21 AM

R261 is one of DL's worst trolls and argues both sides of issues.

by Anonymousreply 262May 7, 2021 4:28 PM

I was surprised to see Song of the South on Amazon. It is clearly a pirate copy and I wonder where they got a print of the film. Somebody wrote it looks very good. I would love a Disney released bluray. If the original elements are in good shape it would look spectacular. It's a lovely film but I'm white so I don't know how African Americans would respond if they got a chance to see it. Would they say it must be banned or would they say it should be released but with a disclaimer? Disney should show it to test audiences(not Disney employees) to see the results they would get. To say this has to be banned without people's input is condescending and censorious.

I am surprised Disney did not send Amazon a cease and desist order.

by Anonymousreply 263May 7, 2021 6:03 PM

Oh fuck off R263 I'm sorry you can't have your precious cartoon of slaves missing slavery

by Anonymousreply 264May 7, 2021 6:45 PM

Can this big lady even get that fat ass into Mr. Toad's Wild Ride?

by Anonymousreply 265May 7, 2021 8:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!