Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Simpsons mocks Morrissey - Morrissey takes grand offense

Morrissey, the poor dear, doesn't appear to know what the Streisand effect is. This is the most press The Simpsons has gotten in years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78November 16, 2022 5:09 AM

heaven knows he's miserable now!

by Anonymousreply 1April 20, 2021 6:26 PM

[quote] This is the most press The Simpsons has gotten in years.

Well, apart from Hank Azara constantly apologizing for voicing Apu.

by Anonymousreply 2April 20, 2021 6:27 PM

Sorry, Hank Azaria.

by Anonymousreply 3April 20, 2021 6:27 PM

It's literal violence!

by Anonymousreply 4April 20, 2021 6:28 PM

[quote]"In a world obsessed with Hate Laws, there are none that protect me"

Possibly the most Morrissey thing anyone's ever said. I expect a new single with that title to drop any day now.

by Anonymousreply 5April 20, 2021 6:28 PM

That Guardian article is hilarious.

Morrissey didn't have a problem being called a racist, but he DID have a problem being called FAT.

by Anonymousreply 6April 20, 2021 6:28 PM

What an embarrassing old frau Morrissey is.

by Anonymousreply 7April 20, 2021 6:30 PM

The episode also insinuated that Morrissey eats meat now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 20, 2021 6:30 PM

Every day is like Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 9April 20, 2021 6:31 PM

Morrissey is mad about something? [italic]Quelle surprise![/italic]

Morrissey is an asshole. I love The Smiths, but Morrissey has always been an asshole. He has never had a sense of humor about himself. No sympathy for him.

by Anonymousreply 10April 20, 2021 6:32 PM

I love the Smiths, but Moz's assholery pretty much killed any interest I had in his post Smiths music.

by Anonymousreply 11April 20, 2021 6:33 PM

Morrissey is a tiresome twat.

by Anonymousreply 12April 20, 2021 6:35 PM

Bigmouth Strikes Again.

by Anonymousreply 13April 20, 2021 6:36 PM

What an idiot - and a complete own goal. He would have been far better to have just laughed it off or ignored it completely

by Anonymousreply 14April 20, 2021 6:40 PM

Cumourless Hunt.

by Anonymousreply 15April 20, 2021 6:41 PM

It's difficult to work up enough strength to care about this.

I wish Morrissey would write a tune using that as a theme.

by Anonymousreply 16April 20, 2021 6:43 PM

Morrissey can never just write anything off or ignore it. His entire life is an endless grudge-fest. There was a time when I thought he had other talents to compensate, but those days are long gone.

by Anonymousreply 17April 20, 2021 6:45 PM

Imagine living with this guy.

by Anonymousreply 18April 20, 2021 6:47 PM

Morrissey is a sad git.

by Anonymousreply 19April 20, 2021 6:48 PM

Too bad he didn’t die from alcohol poisoning. He’s an odious little moron who still think we don’t know he’s a fag.

by Anonymousreply 20April 20, 2021 6:48 PM

Morrissey is a British national treasure, just like Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 21April 20, 2021 6:59 PM

This Charmless Racist

by Anonymousreply 22April 20, 2021 7:00 PM

Morrissey dropped the ball by not dying young. He could've been a legend. But now, he's an old, fat, humorless racist.

by Anonymousreply 23April 20, 2021 7:02 PM

He’s right. So they’re implying he eats meat to make him seem hyptocritical? Pathetic. What assholes. I’ve always loathed the Simpsons.

Though, honestly, I didn’t realize it was still on...

by Anonymousreply 24April 20, 2021 7:04 PM

That should be “hypocritical”

by Anonymousreply 25April 20, 2021 7:04 PM

R20 Moz openly prances around LA with Latino twinks. He's not exactly deep in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 26April 20, 2021 7:12 PM

[quote]He’s right. So they’re implying he eats meat to make him seem hyptocritical? Pathetic. What assholes. I’ve always loathed the Simpsons.

Hi Morrissey!

by Anonymousreply 27April 20, 2021 7:13 PM

A total asshole. But, is he clairvoyant?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 20, 2021 7:39 PM

Morrissey? The Simpsons? Is this a post from 1992?

by Anonymousreply 29April 20, 2021 7:46 PM

He can stick it right up his Arsenal.

by Anonymousreply 30April 20, 2021 8:17 PM

Ha! What R29 said!

by Anonymousreply 31April 20, 2021 8:21 PM

In other news, Morrissey Rides a Cockhorse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 20, 2021 8:38 PM

R29 R31 Morrissey? The Simpsons? Datalounge? Is this a post from 1998?

by Anonymousreply 33April 20, 2021 8:49 PM

Oh dear, R8, that's a brand killer.

by Anonymousreply 34April 20, 2021 9:24 PM

Guys, ladies, please please please please let him get what he wants.

by Anonymousreply 35April 20, 2021 10:10 PM

Some girls are bigger than others

by Anonymousreply 36April 21, 2021 4:02 AM

Simpsons, such timely topics!

by Anonymousreply 37April 21, 2021 4:05 AM

The Simpsons is in a dilemma: Who or what can you make fun of when you fear a group forming a social media mob demanding for you to be canceled? Moz was an easy target.

by Anonymousreply 38April 21, 2021 5:30 AM

[quote] He’s right. So they’re implying he eats meat to make him seem hyptocritical? Pathetic. What assholes. I’ve always loathed the Simpsons.

True. The Simpsons writers should have just covered how Moz lives in the US (and also in Italy at times?) while bitching about how London is unrecognizable as an English city and is full of foreigners. That makes him a hypocritical cunt.

by Anonymousreply 39April 21, 2021 6:09 AM

It wasn't about him being hypcritical, but - with age - changed a core value (being a vegan) the fans loved about him. Shooting sausages at his fans was his way of shitting on their fond teen memories of him.

by Anonymousreply 40April 21, 2021 6:20 AM

I agree that Moz is low hanging fruit. He's an aging pop star that no one likes. The Simpsons writers are too cowardly to go after golden goose Elon Musk. The Gaga episode was a pathetic ass kiss.

by Anonymousreply 41April 21, 2021 6:26 AM

Morrissey is insufferable anyway - now more so.

by Anonymousreply 42April 21, 2021 6:27 AM

R40 he is still vegan. And still a bit of a twat

by Anonymousreply 43April 21, 2021 6:30 AM

Morrissey is a raging white supremacist, he deserves what he gets. He's also a pathetic closet case.

by Anonymousreply 44April 21, 2021 6:30 AM

[quote] [R40] he is still vegan.

And? Was The Simpsons supposed to be literal? They didn't use his actual name. How on earth did anyone find out it's about Morrissey then? Some things matched, others didn't.

by Anonymousreply 45April 21, 2021 6:37 AM

Why are you reading so much into a joke? The gag was that she had an idolized idea of him and when the real one came in he was the opposite of what she thought. That's very simple and straightforward.

What a pathetic closet queen has Morrissey turned into. Imagine being this mad at a cartoon.

So assuming he's being fucked by Latino dick, that means brown people are a problem in the UK only? What a hypocrite indeed.

I'd bet good money the writers were aware of his proclivities for brown meat -- pun intended in LA and made fun of it in the show on purpose.

I know I'd have.

by Anonymousreply 46April 21, 2021 6:55 AM

So him and Neil Tennant used to be a thing?

by Anonymousreply 47April 21, 2021 6:55 AM

No one's paid attention to The Simpsons in years. All he's done is shine a light on this "offense".

by Anonymousreply 48April 21, 2021 7:01 AM

And it also shone a light on Morrissey. Something not even him releasing a cover album was able to do.

by Anonymousreply 49April 21, 2021 7:07 AM

I have no sense of humour whatsoever and I need to be loved

Just like everybody else does

by Anonymousreply 50April 21, 2021 7:08 AM

[quote]And still a bit of a twat

That's a gross understatement R43!

by Anonymousreply 51April 21, 2021 7:09 AM

I can’t believe he’s crying racism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 21, 2021 1:43 PM

He's not doing himself any favors with this.

by Anonymousreply 53April 21, 2021 1:52 PM

Creepy bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 54April 21, 2021 1:55 PM

I loathe the person he has become (or at least his public persona), but he was never all that closeted to anyone who paid attention. Even 25 years ago he spoke openly about the eroticism of the male body. He also told English journalist Nick Kent that his issue with relationships was that he had always been attracted to "men and women who weren't attracted to me."

[quote]The abundance of homoerotic imagery in his lyrics and album covers (Your Arsenal, for example, shows him brandishing a microphone in a highly suggestive manner) should not, he says, be taken as a veiled declaration of homosexuality. "I'm not running ahead and leaving clues hidden behind bus stops, as it were," he says. 'One of my physical encounters was with a man. That was 10 years ago. It was just a very brief, absurd and amusing moment,' adds Morrissey, in his best Oscar Wilde. "It wasn't love. I have never experienced that."

[quote]Has he slept with women? "Yes. I feel completely open. If I met somebody tomorrow, male or female, and they loved me and I loved them, I would openly proclaim that I loved them, regardless of what they were. I think people should be loved whatever their gender, whatever their age. I am open to everything. I accept that my experience is different from that of most men. But I feel reasonably normal. I don't feel like a freak. My world is bigger."

by Anonymousreply 55April 21, 2021 6:34 PM

R55 The lyrics to This Charming Man are explicitly gay. Morrissey published a zine in the 80s about James Dean which included this quote:

[quote]A school friend. Paul Weaver, would later recall: "Jimmy WAS different than most boys. He was different in those days because, as I remember, he was often alone. For example, if the baseball team were to practice, often you'd see kids coming together in a car or a pickup, but Jimmy would usually arrive alone. He wasn't the kind of boy, well, in those days a coach would put his arm around a boy, not, well maybe partly in affection, but partly just to get near to talk. And this was common , you know, in baseball. But I'm sure that I felt at the time that Jimmy was uncomfortable. He'd just feel a little bit uncomfortable with you being that close. I don't recall ever seeing him on dates with girls. I always recall Jimmy riding his motorcycle, and I don't ever remember seeing a girl on it."

He's been telling people that he's gay without telling people that he's gay his entire career. He's not exactly a closet case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 21, 2021 6:41 PM

"And when we're in your scholarly room/who will swallow whom?"

by Anonymousreply 57April 21, 2021 6:44 PM

[quote] He's been telling people that he's gay without telling people that he's gay his entire career. He's not exactly a closet case.

He insisted on being asexual for most of his career. This wink-wink nudge-nudge wasn't very clever for an edgy and alternative singer. But neither the press nor his fans called him out on it.

by Anonymousreply 58April 21, 2021 6:52 PM

"Humansexual" was pretty bad as well. He can be so stunted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 21, 2021 6:56 PM

I don't blame him for being closeted in the 80s, 90s, and 00s. Unfortunately being pegged as a 'gay' musician will limit your career. Just look at Rufus Wainwright.

by Anonymousreply 60April 29, 2021 7:38 PM

He's one of those artists where I had been able to separate the artist as the person from their work but the past few years have basically made it impossible. Based on his recent output, I don't think I'm missing that much.

by Anonymousreply 61April 29, 2021 7:44 PM

You shut your mouth. How can you say he goes about things the wrong way? Morrisey is human and he needs to be loved just like everyone else does.

by Anonymousreply 62April 29, 2021 7:48 PM

Remember in Nomadland the scene where she was covered in tatted Morrissey lyrics?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 29, 2021 7:51 PM

Benedict Cumberbatch played him.

by Anonymousreply 64April 29, 2021 7:52 PM

I need more deets on the Mexican twink Moz in banging.

by Anonymousreply 65October 5, 2021 3:56 AM

This was me watching the video at r28

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 5, 2021 4:31 AM

I can relate. It shook me to my core. When will I be loved? It is the simplest desire, oooohhhhhhhhh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67October 5, 2021 4:51 AM

Do people under 50 even know who Morrissey is? Such a random celebrity to parody. Maybe they can hit Lisa Lisa and the Cult Jam next.

by Anonymousreply 68October 5, 2021 5:08 AM

Oh, dear. Big mouth strikes again.

by Anonymousreply 69October 5, 2021 8:17 AM

Fuck Morrissey. Great lyricist. Awful human being.

by Anonymousreply 70October 5, 2021 12:47 PM

DON'T THEY KNOW WHO HE IS?????

by Anonymousreply 71October 5, 2021 1:00 PM

Shush now, she’s just big boned.

by Anonymousreply 72October 5, 2021 2:43 PM

R68 Moz and The Smiths is still very popular with angsty teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 73October 5, 2021 11:42 PM

[quote] He's been telling people that he's gay without telling people that he's gay his entire career. He's not exactly a closet case.

Count me as one of the folks who has never found this mentality to be all that impressive. Own it or don't, but don't expect us to be impressed with the whole 'they just never really acknowledge it' thing. It's cowardice.

by Anonymousreply 74October 6, 2021 12:03 AM

[quote] Everyone Is Horrid Except Me and Possibly You.

LOL!

No one bitches more than a punk. I never bought what hippies were selling but at least they had a sense of humour about themselves.

Morrissey is a walking cliché.

by Anonymousreply 75January 6, 2022 4:12 PM

So often I have found that the musicians I most admire are truly awful people.

His horribleness is mostly funny to me at this point, though, because he's always complaining about everything and so no one takes him seriously anymore about anything. It's exactly like when you're finally successful at separating yourself from someone with BPD or NPD (and of course he has the latter) and you can safely enjoy from a distance stories about how horrible the person is.

by Anonymousreply 76November 16, 2022 4:58 AM

He just left after 30 min..... SOOOO Morrissey........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77November 16, 2022 5:07 AM

He's become a fat old fuck.

by Anonymousreply 78November 16, 2022 5:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!