Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

LGB Alliance to be entered onto the Register of Charities

Heads are exploding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65June 6, 2021 1:16 PM

Any hate group can claim it's a charity.

by Anonymousreply 1April 20, 2021 6:02 PM

^LOL.

by Anonymousreply 2April 20, 2021 6:04 PM

Good luck getting those British Sterling Pounds donations.

This can only end it tears. In Anti-Trans troll tears.

How successful was the Drop the T movement when it couldn't even manage to keep a single message board online?

by Anonymousreply 3April 20, 2021 6:04 PM

This is quite a turnaround from the Charity Commission that was still shoving the Tavistock Clinic down everyone's throats as late as last year.

by Anonymousreply 4April 20, 2021 6:10 PM

A quick scan of the UK registry shows at least 8 trans specific charities.

by Anonymousreply 5April 20, 2021 6:11 PM

Well done, fantastic news! The same-sex attracted deserve a charitable voice.

by Anonymousreply 6April 20, 2021 6:38 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 2, 2021 12:53 PM

Mermaids know their time is almost up.

by Anonymousreply 8June 2, 2021 1:32 PM

So many likely to be LGB kids harmed already, R8. Funded by tax dollars, just heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 9June 2, 2021 1:53 PM

The reaction from people defending Stonewall and Mermaids and the Tavistock despite everything that has come out about their unethical and unlawful practices helps me understand why Jimmy Savile was able to get away with raping children for as long as he did.

BUT HE RUNS MARATHONS AND RAISES MONEY FOR SICK KIDDIES!

HOW WILL IT MAKE *US* LOOK IF WE ARE FOUND TO HAVE ENABLED A CHILD RAPIST?

by Anonymousreply 10June 2, 2021 1:53 PM

More information :

A new lesbian, gay and bisexual alliance group has been heavily criticised for excluding the transgender community, prompting people to label it transphobic.

The “LGB Alliance” group met in London on Tuesday evening, with lawyer Allison Bailey of Garden Court Chambers calling it a “historic moment for the Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual movement”.

Mean While:

‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ Contestant Arrested for Allegedly Beating Up BoyfriendWidow

Von’Du from RuPaul’s Drag Race has been arrested for allegedly attacking her boyfriend, TMZ reports. The star, legally known as Ray Fry, was taken into custody on domestic violence charges in Jackson County on Monday. According to the arrest affidavit, Von’Du came home drunk early Friday morning to find her boyfriend sleeping there without her permission. She then became angry because he said he would tell her in advance when he would be sleeping over. Von’Du’s boyfriend told police that he was punched in the face multiple times, strangled, and dragged across the floor. At one point, he became unconscious and lost a lot of blood, he added. He was able to run out of the house and seek treatment at a hospital, where he received 14 stitches, according to the arrest report.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 2, 2021 2:10 PM

Stonewall has now pulled out of the suit. More developments to come, undoubtedly.

by Anonymousreply 12June 2, 2021 3:46 PM

Lots of info re Stonewall here, astonishing how they have taken over so much tax money and corporate policy, hiding behind US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 2, 2021 4:09 PM

So many big organisations are ending their participation with the "diversity champions" scheme they pay a lot of money for.

Considering the changes to the law Stonewall want to make are controversial and affect a lot of people I just cannot understand their arrogance in refusing to debate people who disagree with them or accept interviews from news shows to take questions on their proposals and how it will affect people.

It really is appalling management and a total siege mentality. They deserve to be burned down to the ground for their mismanagement.

by Anonymousreply 14June 2, 2021 5:16 PM

Wasn't the founder someone who transed her kid b/c her husband did not like his 4 yr old son playing with "girl's" toys, R14? Thought she also got him hormones illegally and castrated in Thailand as a minor, think he was 16? It is basically like a homophobia justifying CULT, not much room in the simmering parental guilt for professional management techniques. The involvement of pedos and the pedo adjacent in their cause is also horrifying. That repulsive Aimee Challenor comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 15June 2, 2021 5:25 PM

Good long read

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 2, 2021 5:27 PM

Hiding behind our community all, all carefully planned

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 2, 2021 5:29 PM

Rich, white male fetishists and homophomic parents, lovely alliances

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 2, 2021 5:29 PM

I knew Soros was attached. He has always been a homophobic scum bag.

by Anonymousreply 19June 2, 2021 5:45 PM

[quote]Wasn't the founder someone who transed her kid b/c her husband did not like his 4 yr old son playing with "girl's" toys, [R14]? Thought she also got him hormones illegally and castrated in Thailand as a minor, think he was 16? It is basically like a homophobia justifying CULT, not much room in the simmering parental guilt for professional management techniques. The involvement of pedos and the pedo adjacent in their cause is also horrifying. That repulsive Aimee Challenor comes to mind.

No, that's Mermaids, the charity that supports trans kids.

Stonewall was set up in the 1980s by some high profile actors , tv presents and a former MP in an effort to lobby to change the law around gay rights. They were set up to project a more moderate campaign to Peter Tatchell and Outrage who was interrupting church services, outing religious leaders and politicians. And they achieved just that. They had 2 chief executives in Angela Mason and Ben Summerskill who combined 22 years in charge and achieved almost everything they wanted thanks to a supportive Labour government and Tory/Lib Dem coalition. Then in 2014, following the legalisation of sex marriage, they appointed Ruth Hunt who steered Stonewall to a trans organisation.

Helen Lewis summed up Stonewall's predicament perfectly.

[quote]Let’s move to another arena. Some onlookers (including at least two of the original founders) are baffled by the recent decisive turn at the charity Stonewall towards the T rather than the LGB. This can be explained by woke capitalism, too. In 2013, gay marriage was legalised: by a Conservative government, incidentally, highlighting the distinction between social radicalism and economic radicalism***.

[quote]With that, the LGB legislative agenda was nearly exhausted. Most companies were fully on board with hiring gay employees (they don’t cost any more than straight ones) and big brands embraced the rainbow, hiring floats at Pride marches. But if everyone is gay-friendly now, what’s the point of an LGB charity? Stonewall needed an injustice to fight in order to justify its continued existence. Its funding model depends on its “Diversity Champions” programme - where companies pay for a Stonewall kitemark certifying their commitment to LGBT rights. Their diversity champions include BAE Systems, Amazon, Paddy Power and most government departments and universities. (Please do your own “woke bae” joke.) I don’t think I’m being too cynical to suggest that £2,500 is a fair price to be validated as progressive by Britain’s biggest LGBT charity.

[quote]That programme helps explain why big companies - and universities - have been slow to acknowledge that there might be reasonable concerns about the abolition of women’s single-sex spaces. Stonewall believes such spaces should be abolished. And if you disagree with Stonewall, you risk losing your Diversity Champion status. (Amusingly, the LGB Alliance, a group set up to challenge Stonewall, is trying to have it investigated by the Equality And Human Rights Commission for failing to take into account the needs of lesbians in its work. The Equality And Human Rights Commission is . . . a Stonewall diversity champion.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 2, 2021 6:08 PM

And the Nazi at R19 can fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 21June 2, 2021 6:09 PM

Why , R21? Because Soros didn’t do anything for gays? He was absent during the HIV/AIDS crisis when gay men were begging and pleading for help and resources? He did nothing to stop Clinton’s DADT? We made it out just fine without him. 🖕

by Anonymousreply 22June 2, 2021 6:14 PM

Thanks, R20, remembered the story but mixed up the orgs.

by Anonymousreply 23June 2, 2021 6:28 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 2, 2021 6:31 PM

Susie Green Tedd Talk

by Anonymousreply 25June 2, 2021 6:32 PM

^ link for R25

In the past, homophobic parents could not CASTRATE us

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 2, 2021 6:33 PM

[quote]In the past, homophobic parents could not CASTRATE us

But if they could, they would.

by Anonymousreply 27June 2, 2021 6:36 PM

The way the Twitter people with pronouns in their bios go on about LGB Alliance you'd think they were a far right religious nutjobs.

Most, if not all, come from the left of politics, the "traditional" Labour party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 2, 2021 6:42 PM

I think they’re called transgellicals now, R28.

by Anonymousreply 29June 2, 2021 6:46 PM

They did oppose gay marriage though.

by Anonymousreply 30June 2, 2021 6:49 PM

Sure seems like it, R29. The Dentons piece describes how we were used as a means to an end. Now it is the fetishistic white men and pedos who are exalted, much like I understand was the case in the 70s. But now protected by tax dollars and the force of law. THEY are being used to criminalize language and perhaps for other reasons...

by Anonymousreply 31June 2, 2021 6:50 PM

Who are you referring to, R30?

by Anonymousreply 32June 2, 2021 6:51 PM

How do they restrict trans’ rights? They merely focus on gays and lesbians. Such bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 33June 2, 2021 6:51 PM

Why don’t trans people start their own alliance at R24?

by Anonymousreply 34June 2, 2021 7:02 PM

Read the Denton's report linked upthread, R34. Was a strategic choice not to do so.

by Anonymousreply 35June 2, 2021 7:14 PM

Gays get attacked by Christians, Muslims, and Mermaids.

by Anonymousreply 36June 2, 2021 8:02 PM

It's another normal day in the UK.

A tv presenter has compared her plight to that of Jews in the Holocaust and a woman had to leave her children with a social worker to attend a police station because she committed a hate crime, by tying a ribbon in suffragette colours to the fence around a tv set which employs a beardy misogynist,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 3, 2021 5:59 PM

R18, fuck the fucking Nazi Federalist.

by Anonymousreply 38June 4, 2021 1:10 PM

Unfortunately progressive media is not covering what happened to our organizations.

by Anonymousreply 39June 4, 2021 1:29 PM

Then they are not very progressive, are they?

by Anonymousreply 40June 4, 2021 2:28 PM

If your organizations can only get coverage in fascist hate media the problem isn't with mainstream media.

by Anonymousreply 41June 5, 2021 2:58 AM

R41, LOL! You fool.

by Anonymousreply 42June 5, 2021 7:41 AM

The word "fascist" has the same root as f****t.

by Anonymousreply 43June 5, 2021 9:55 AM

Things are going to be a lot different in the UK with the two huge Right-wing news networks debuting.

by Anonymousreply 44June 5, 2021 10:05 AM

You don't realise this isn't coming from the right.

LGB Alliance are left wingers. Joanna Cherry, the lesbian SNP MP, is as left as you can get.

The Observer is slowly coming around to the idea that the ultra orthodox trans ideology is harmful, although The Guardian will carry on its attacks on women.

by Anonymousreply 45June 5, 2021 10:11 AM

Ah-hahaha! R45 Very good, you missed your calling, never right wing US christian evangelist backed, fuck me sideways with a fish fork that's a good 'un!

So, good news that they're a charity, I look forward to their legally published accounts showing where the money comes from next year, though of course they don't have to show where it had come from before they registered *cough* Gary Powell *cough*

by Anonymousreply 46June 5, 2021 10:31 AM

If I was a right wing Christian bigot I'd bankroll Mermaids, who attempt to cure children of homosexuality by stopping their bodies from developing.

And if I was a right wing Christian who wanted to remove women's rights, I'd support Stonewall who are actively campaigning for sex to be removed as a protected characteristic.

by Anonymousreply 47June 5, 2021 10:39 AM

The LGB Alliance is an alt-right Christian backed hate group.

by Anonymousreply 48June 5, 2021 10:43 AM

And if I was a troll working for the right wing backed hate group the LGB Alliance I'd set up this thread and then bring out the sock puppet accounts.

by Anonymousreply 49June 5, 2021 10:44 AM

R48 No it's not.

And i don't understand the fuss about it. Right now most lgbt organizations are focusing exclussively on trans issues so there's no problem in having one organization focusing and gays, lesbians and bisexual.

It's not like they are supporting anti trans laws or anything like that.

And of course there are exclussively trans organizations that doesn't work on gay rights without any problem

by Anonymousreply 50June 5, 2021 10:48 AM

Oh yes it is sock puppet account number R50

by Anonymousreply 51June 5, 2021 10:51 AM

R51 And why don't you express your point instead of insulting the rest.

Why LGB alliance is a right wing orgainization?

by Anonymousreply 52June 5, 2021 10:53 AM

I was generally on board with trans rights until they insisted on

1. removing all mention of women/girls from female reproductive issues - birthing parent, chest feeder, menstruator, person with a cervix etc, yet having no issue with prostate cancer, testicular cancer, erectile dysfunction. premature ejaculation, beard care all using terms like men/boys/guys

2. insisting gay men and lesbians are bigots if they express disinterest in having sex with trans people. 25 years ago when I was teenager I'd be asked "how do you know you're gay if you've never had sex with a woman" and I'd say that vaginas just aren't my thing. Saying that now makes me a bigot according to the rabid trans supporters.

But I look forward to the gay men complaining when their favourite gay bars, sex clubs and saunas are inundated with fraus. It would be transphobic to suggest that someone with long hair, sagging tits and a vagina shouldn't be allowed to use the facilities when they identify as a man.

by Anonymousreply 53June 5, 2021 10:57 AM

Nice try R52 with that classic social media tactic, but I'm not your unpaid researcher.

LGB Alliance are at best an anti-trans organisation that has campaigned on that ticket, spend 5 minutes with the internet search engine of your choice.

by Anonymousreply 54June 5, 2021 10:59 AM

LBB Alliance is anti-gay marriage. Very suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 55June 5, 2021 11:00 AM

Speaking of using the social media playbook sock puppet account R53 you are working it hard! First there's the positive "on board" and then the "but" followed by a list of scary sounding things attributed to "they".

by Anonymousreply 56June 5, 2021 11:02 AM

r44 Only one now I believe Murdoch has ditched plans for his uk network.

by Anonymousreply 57June 5, 2021 11:18 AM

Trasn tactic of calling transphobic to everyone who doesn't agree 100% with all trans theories about gender work well when the person is not really transphobic, but when they have to deal with people who doesn't care at all about their rights calling them transphobic is not going to work.

And for people who suffer so much violence some of the activist have zero problems throwing death threats and promoting violence, misoginy and homophobia. Fortunately they are far from being a majority

If they are going for an all or nothing strategy it's going to be nothing because right now there are a majority of right wing goverments in the world.

Trans in female sports has a difficult solution

by Anonymousreply 58June 5, 2021 11:23 AM

I support LGB Alliance.

Those nonbinaries are also annoying.

by Anonymousreply 59June 5, 2021 11:39 AM

Stonewall tells employers never to use the word "mother" if they want to appear on Stonewall's Workplace Equality Index.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 5, 2021 11:40 AM

This kind of behavioiur is a little absurd.

Your objective is not gain rights on a lgbt organization but on society and it's obvious that you won't be socially accepted if you want to control what people say even on something so innocuous as talking about mothers

by Anonymousreply 61June 5, 2021 11:45 AM

Back in the mid 90s when Tory MP a Currie was trying to equalise the age of consent for gay men (it was 21 for gay men, 16 for straight couples) she would happily debate anyone who was opposed to it, and she would calmly and rationally explain that if a 16 or 17 year old boy was being manipulated by a predatory homosexual he wouldn't report it to the police because he would be accused of committing a criminal offence himself. Equalising the age of consent therefore protected young men who might in that predicament. She ultimately failed but the age of consent was reduced to 18.

When the Labour government tabled legislation to equalise it, they took on board the safeguarding aspect and raised the age of consent to 18 if the older partner was in a position of responsibility, i.e. a teacher. In fact it didn't go far enough because sports coaches and faith leaders were excluded - there are changes planned now.

Each time campaigners were faced with challenges, they entered into debates in good faith and made their case and were open to compromise.

With Stonewall on trans issues there is no debate, there is no potential for compromise. A faster and quicker way of changing legal status with exceptions for single sex spaces, specifically prisons and refuges and protection for women providing intimate services (let's call it the Yaniv exemption)? No, can't be done. Trans women are women. No debate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 5, 2021 1:12 PM

They’re a great group and I hope the international chapters start gaining speed, as well.

by Anonymousreply 63June 5, 2021 5:14 PM

How peculiar, it's just the same accounts talking to themselves in this thread...

by Anonymousreply 64June 5, 2021 10:04 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65June 6, 2021 1:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!