Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anthony Powell is DEAD to me!

The three-time Oscar winner designed the schmattas for many films but I will most treasure his work on Evil Under the Sun which included Jane Birkin’s fabulous frock/chapeau and Nicholas Clay’s black bathing suit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 25, 2021 12:05 PM

Norma...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 20, 2021 4:28 AM

Is it wrong that I’m shocked he was still alive? At least he kicked it with enough time for them to put him in the Oscar In Memorium.

by Anonymousreply 2April 20, 2021 9:57 AM

Oh, no! Now my Sunset film will not start shooting in June after all... we must all mourn his passing indefinitely. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 3April 20, 2021 9:59 AM

He was born in a place called Chorlton-cum-Hardy.

by Anonymousreply 4April 20, 2021 10:25 AM

He was a true talent. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 5April 30, 2021 4:23 PM

[quote]Nicholas Clay’s black bathing suit

He looked great in it and everything, but there really wasn't much to design there. I'd have loved to help with those fittings.

by Anonymousreply 6April 30, 2021 7:06 PM

This thread needs a gif of Nicholas Clay's black bathing suit:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 25, 2021 12:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!