Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why are there significantly more bottoms than tops?

What's the ratio? For the 100% bottoms on DL, is it hard to find a top? For the 100% tops, do you feel like gods?

by Anonymousreply 70April 21, 2021 6:45 AM

Tops are more likely than bottoms or versatile men to reject a gay self-identity. They have typically show higher internalized homophobia, essentially to the degree of self-loathing of their own homosexual desires.

So, healthy gay men don’t label themselves. It’s a self-esteem thing. Top types are a bit broken, but they are hot in the sack if you like that kind of role play.

by Anonymousreply 1April 20, 2021 4:04 AM

If it was that hard to find a top, no one would ever get laid

by Anonymousreply 2April 20, 2021 4:11 AM

Tried to bottom but I just don't enjoy it and I've tried. Has nothing to do with self-esteem, have identified as gay since my teens and I am a proud booty eater.

by Anonymousreply 3April 20, 2021 4:16 AM

Not many gays want to stick their love stick into a shit tunnel.

by Anonymousreply 4April 20, 2021 4:22 AM

It’s been this way for years. I remember hanging out at abs and everyone (including me) was a bottom waiting for trade. Most guys wanted to suck dick and some wanted to bottom. I honestly think most tops are mainly trade. I’ll bet 5% of gay men are tops: at most. Str8 or str8 ish men play a valuable role in our community and always have, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 5April 20, 2021 4:31 AM

From what I’ve seen bisexual men want to bottom too when with men, so it’s not like they are adding much Testosterone.

by Anonymousreply 6April 20, 2021 4:32 AM

Top here- I think it is better to give than receive.

by Anonymousreply 7April 20, 2021 4:39 AM

Since there are so many bottoms with big dicks and bigg balls I don't think testosterone has a lot to do with topping.

The issue is that people want to fuck young and tight not old and loose.

by Anonymousreply 8April 20, 2021 4:39 AM

Testosterone is what gives men the impulse to fuck a hole. It doesn’t have much to do with the size of adult genitals, but it does for the function. Us nelly bottoms are probably low testosterone and high estrogen.

by Anonymousreply 9April 20, 2021 5:12 AM

Because undiagnosed trans are still identifying as gay men. Once they all accept that their bussy/mussy is a pussy, there may someday be more gay tops than bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 10April 20, 2021 5:13 AM

What happens when two men fall in love with each other and find out they are both bottoms?

by Anonymousreply 11April 20, 2021 5:14 AM

R11 they weep in their caftans. Then call in rent boys.

by Anonymousreply 12April 20, 2021 5:15 AM

Because gays just like dicks up there butts.

by Anonymousreply 13April 20, 2021 5:26 AM

OP do you mean bathing suits? I’ve found there are usually equal amounts of tops to bottoms, unless you’re buying a one-piece.

by Anonymousreply 14April 20, 2021 6:35 AM

R1 is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 15April 20, 2021 6:57 AM

"Why are there significantly more bottoms than tops?"

Isn't this what you say when no one wants to fuck you?

Also, it's way to vent your bottom shaming and homophobia.

Dyatlov, am I right?

by Anonymousreply 16April 20, 2021 7:03 AM

Bottoms are just lazy tops

by Anonymousreply 17April 20, 2021 7:54 AM

I've never complained about it! Bring on the bottoms! Though I much, MUCH prefer a vers/bottom than a 100% bottom. I still maintain that to be an excellent bottom you have to know how to/be able to top and to be a truly great top you have to know how to bottom.

by Anonymousreply 18April 20, 2021 9:28 AM

R11 - I think that's a Hallmark movie storyline.

by Anonymousreply 19April 20, 2021 10:36 AM

Because all gays want to be women being impregnated by men.

by Anonymousreply 20April 20, 2021 11:13 AM

Bottoms are called Engirtheners now.

by Anonymousreply 21April 20, 2021 11:28 AM

[quote]Testosterone is what gives men the impulse to fuck a hole. It doesn’t have much to do with the size of adult genitals,

Yeah, it does.

by Anonymousreply 22April 20, 2021 1:43 PM

R11 I knew a gay couple like that, both 100% bottoms. We’d all make jokes about double-ended dildos but had no idea whether it was that, finding a couple that was both tops, or what,

by Anonymousreply 23April 20, 2021 2:05 PM

I don’t see the point of being gay if you don’t don’t bottom every now and then. Seems like your missing out on half the fun. And for those who say they “just don’t like it”, well, you Need a better circle office buddies.

by Anonymousreply 24April 20, 2021 2:15 PM

R24 and I don’t see the point of getting topped by the type of guy who would enjoy bottoming.

by Anonymousreply 25April 20, 2021 2:25 PM

I'm a vers guy, and the closer age 40 gets, the more I'm starting to believe that there actually *aren't* more bottoms than tops - it just seems that way because tops don't piss and moan about a lack of options when they're horny. They just whack off real quick or else they fuck a bottom, but they don't *need* another person to get off. Bottoms seem clingy and desperate because they need another person to get hard and fuck them (both tasks can be tiring and draining) - and they're never not ravenously trolling for dick. Tops don't LIVE on the apps the way bottoms do; they tend to be more chill and less neurotic about life in general.

by Anonymousreply 26April 20, 2021 2:33 PM

Bitch all you want, but - you should really learn to do both. In my case, I couldn't top for the longest time because I had body issues and lacked self-confidence. Could never get it up. I got my head on straight and now, even though I'm not hung or supermodel hot, I make bottoms' eyes roll back in their head while they're cumming from riding my dick. What's more, I learned to truly enjoy it. So many guys just want to get right down to the sex, but if you learn to mix equal parta sensuality, connection, and foreplay with all of the hot piggy sex, I don't understand why a guy would have any problems enjoying both roles. Total bottoms are fuckin lazy. Pisses me off. Topping is hard work. (Yeah, I know douching is a bitch, but gimmie a break) If you're a good top, you collapse panting for breath after some strenuous, acrobatic sex - and drilling a screeching, entitled, succubus bottom until you're winded and your abs hurt isn't always the most attractive option, when you could just pop into the mens' room, have a quick wank, and go about your day.

by Anonymousreply 27April 20, 2021 2:40 PM

Yes r26. Bottoms are obnoxious bitches. Who on earth would want to be topped by one?

by Anonymousreply 28April 20, 2021 2:50 PM

And that is you in a nutshell, r25. Your miserable existence suddenly makes complete sense. My guess is if you ever have been with a woman, you were a horrible lay.

I still have to beat them off with a stick.

by Anonymousreply 29April 20, 2021 3:01 PM

Lol sister r29 please teach me to make the women moan the way you do.

by Anonymousreply 30April 20, 2021 3:04 PM

Either you know what your doing or you don’t, r30.

by Anonymousreply 31April 20, 2021 3:11 PM

No, r31, I would never want to. I’m a gay bottom. I don’t want women. I wanna get fucked by hot guys. What makes them hot to me is that they don’t get fucked by guys.

I’m glad you’re a super stud that makes women so wet, but I’m not.

by Anonymousreply 32April 20, 2021 3:14 PM

Totally gay here and am a top- tried bottoming once and it was not fun (am really tall here so it was uncomfortable).

by Anonymousreply 33April 20, 2021 3:16 PM

I know trannies who top

by Anonymousreply 34April 20, 2021 3:19 PM

Hey r33. How YOU doin?

by Anonymousreply 35April 20, 2021 3:19 PM

When did this top bottom thing start? Everyone was versatile back then.

by Anonymousreply 36April 20, 2021 3:21 PM

I'm a top, and despite the assertions of R1 above I'm neither "broken" nor dealing with "internalised homophobia" - I just like fucking. What I do in bed does not translate to how I live my life or how I behave. I don't define my whole being by my desire to fuck - that sounds like an idea from armchair psychologists from the 1950s.

I'm far from an alpha male, in fact I'm very introverted. I've tried being fucked by different men, it's ok but in my personal experience I find fucking infinitely more pleasurable and it's not something I'd ever seek out. At the same point I'd never say I'll never do it again, I just think it's incredibly unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 37April 20, 2021 3:21 PM

More power to you there, dime a dozen.

by Anonymousreply 38April 20, 2021 3:23 PM

Straight guys love being topped by trannies

by Anonymousreply 39April 20, 2021 3:24 PM

I'm a total top, primarily cos I cant bottom cos medical reasons what I arnt going to go into here. To be honest ideally I prefer to just be a side (not doing anal) but I will top on request, cos I am obliging like that. I do alright, probably also helps that I'm masc and I like femme guys as well, so yeah, usually I dont go short - but anybody can have a dry period, me included.

by Anonymousreply 40April 20, 2021 3:33 PM

Femme guys make the best bottoms

by Anonymousreply 41April 20, 2021 3:35 PM

R22 in adolescence maybe, but as an adult your junk is not growing.

by Anonymousreply 42April 20, 2021 3:50 PM

It always makes me laugh when those occasional threads pop up about Gays fucking women. HELLO! We don’t have enough men fucking GAYS let alone doing charity work for women!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 43April 20, 2021 3:54 PM

A hole is a hole is a hole r43

by Anonymousreply 44April 20, 2021 3:57 PM

R40 you sound hot ❤️

by Anonymousreply 45April 20, 2021 4:08 PM

R45 cheers mate

by Anonymousreply 46April 20, 2021 4:16 PM

what kind of total top goes by v8fairy?

by Anonymousreply 47April 20, 2021 6:14 PM

Its a name I made up on the spur of the moment for an automotive maintenance forum, I reused it here cos I couldnt be fucked thinking up a new one for here

by Anonymousreply 48April 20, 2021 6:25 PM

[quote] I know trannies who top

With their "straight" male partners, you mean?

by Anonymousreply 49April 20, 2021 6:29 PM

Us total tops think about your hole as much as you think about our dicks. I think bottoms need to lean into their power more.

by Anonymousreply 50April 20, 2021 6:34 PM

What’s the ratio of bottoms who can take a real dick? I mean real thick, juicy sizemeat!

by Anonymousreply 51April 20, 2021 6:35 PM

R51, my hole can take anything! It's wider than the Grand Canyon!

by Anonymousreply 52April 20, 2021 6:43 PM

“I can take ennny cock, mah hole is a bottomless pit. Heavens, Top? NO!!!!”

by Anonymousreply 53April 20, 2021 8:59 PM

R51, this hole is open for business!

by Anonymousreply 54April 20, 2021 9:11 PM

I am a top! But I'm 46 so bottoms aren't as into me as they once were. I do have a few fun fuck buddies tho.

by Anonymousreply 55April 20, 2021 11:23 PM

[quote] I couldnt be fucked

Fact check = True

by Anonymousreply 56April 21, 2021 12:58 AM

[quote]Its a name I made up on the spur of the moment for an automotive maintenance forum

I thought it was about vegetable juice.

by Anonymousreply 57April 21, 2021 1:14 AM

One bull for a herd.

by Anonymousreply 58April 21, 2021 1:33 AM

Something tells me R1 is a voracious bottom with mental issues, and is projecting in order to avoid facing his own numerous vile and obviously twisted sexual perversions.

by Anonymousreply 59April 21, 2021 1:49 AM

Im a POC so big booty drives me up the wall, I cant help it. I forget important things and start drooling a little bit

by Anonymousreply 60April 21, 2021 2:08 AM

[quote] Im a POC so big booty drives me up the wall

Since when does skin color determine sexual preference? This is the kind of thing Hitler used to say.

by Anonymousreply 61April 21, 2021 2:12 AM

r61 needs to calm down with the Hitler attacks. Pretty sure Hitler never said he liked big booties, lighten up

by Anonymousreply 62April 21, 2021 2:15 AM

R60, photo, please.

by Anonymousreply 63April 21, 2021 2:18 AM

"Big booty drives POC up the wall"

by Anonymousreply 64April 21, 2021 2:19 AM

I used to be a bottom, but Prep is a total game changer. Topping bareback can be hot and it feels really good. I didn't like topping with condoms. It felt like there was no sensation, hotdogs down a hallway and I have a big dick. Bare, you can feel the wet slipperiness of it.

by Anonymousreply 65April 21, 2021 2:36 AM

The world is chock full of these “total tops” who can’t wait to point their toes to Jesus. I’m not accusing anybody here of doing that. But for you bottoms who think your getting all these tops who have never been tapped, I think you would be surprised if you knew the truth. Especially now when they think describing themselves as total tops makes them less gay.

These tops aren’t purple unicorns, I know one who has a weekly schedule of when he lets the hungry bottoms come by. He also has lots of pop-ins tthat come by and beg. It borders on silly.

And delusiono [r30] , sorry, but I grew up playing with my buddies and fucking chicks. Back then, we considered each other to be practice. Some stopper playing with guys, some stopped fucking chicks and some didn’t change much at all.

by Anonymousreply 66April 21, 2021 3:19 AM

R57 if you read V8 and you can only think of veggie juice, your name might be James Charles.

by Anonymousreply 67April 21, 2021 3:43 AM

R30 = Right wing troll any old way.

by Anonymousreply 68April 21, 2021 3:45 AM

I never, ever had trouble finding tops when I was looking to get fucked. I still think it's a myth that's most gays are bottoms. And all three of my LTR? Two total tops and one top/verse.

Maybe I have a magic ass?

by Anonymousreply 69April 21, 2021 6:15 AM

R60, R61 I am white as white and I like big booty I cannot lie. Maybe I was blatino in a former life?

by Anonymousreply 70April 21, 2021 6:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!