Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A League of Their Own

I watched it on HBO Max. Certain scenes still made me laugh but Madonna was fucking awful.

by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2021 4:48 PM

*yawn*

by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2021 8:59 PM

blame shelley winters

by Anonymousreply 2April 19, 2021 9:03 PM

Why is the DL so utterly obsessed with Madonna?

by Anonymousreply 3April 19, 2021 9:05 PM

Steak Dinner!

by Anonymousreply 4April 19, 2021 9:07 PM

This was MY breakout role whores!!!!

by Anonymousreply 5April 19, 2021 9:09 PM

Rosie o Donnell sucked too.

by Anonymousreply 6April 19, 2021 9:16 PM

Good movie overall, about an unusual subject. The sibling rivalry story is probably my least favorite thing about it, the gals on the team were all fun (except Madonna), and Hanks was hilarious.

I know the last is hard to accept, but back before he began taking himself super seriously, he could be really, really funny. I mean, he put the greatest pee in the history of film into this movie.

by Anonymousreply 7April 21, 2021 2:33 AM

Madonna was playing herself. Not even close to her worst role. She and Rosie seemed to have fun making it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 21, 2021 2:35 AM

[quote] Why is the DL so utterly obsessed with Madonna?

A group fo voer 45 gay men... on a gossip board... obsessed about Madonna?

How weird! Next you'll tell me they also obsess about Barbra Streisand and Meryl Streep!

by Anonymousreply 9April 21, 2021 2:36 AM

It's a shame Madonna lost her British accent. She could have been in that Downton Abbey movie sequel they just started filming.

by Anonymousreply 10April 21, 2021 2:37 AM

I thought Madonna was fine in this movie. She was so powerful in her crying scene.

Should have been nominated for Supporting.

by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2021 2:31 AM

A lady reveals nothing.

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2021 2:36 AM

Powerful?

Bwahahahahahaha!

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2021 4:45 PM

Don't be obtuse, 9. The number of threads bashing Madonna FAR outnumber the threads bashing Babs or M.

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2021 4:48 PM

r9 ^^^

by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2021 4:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!