Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Scott Rudin Fallout Intensifies With Sutton Foster Statement, Emotional Video From Late Assistant’s Twin

Oh, boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 30, 2021 12:48 PM

"I am going to need a place to channel that anger so I've decided that I'm going to give the NRA my full attention. I hope Wayne LaPierre will enjoy his retirement party."

by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2021 5:21 PM

He threw an assistant out of a moving car.

by Anonymousreply 2April 19, 2021 5:30 PM

[quote] "While #MeToo claims have been widespread in Hollywood, few have emerged from Broadway. "I don't have big ones to tell," O'Hara says. "I have a lot of small ones." She continues, "I've made some big decisions in my life not to work with people like that — producers — and to not do things that might have been great artistically or whatever, because I don't want to work with certain people. And that's just my choice. And that's exactly why I'm here today — you asked me why I'm doing this show — because I want to work with nice people, good people. I made a choice, and I'll say this vocally: I chose between a decent producer and an indecent one on the shows of my choice this year. And I made the right decision."'

I’m not sure whether Kelli O’Hara was referring to Rudin and The Music Man, but it seems plausible. Sutton should take note.

by Anonymousreply 3April 19, 2021 5:36 PM

David Graham-Caso, the twin brother of the former assistant to Rudin, has read the strategy behind Scott's "apology" for EXACTLY what it is: A tried and true PR crisis move that is really not a move toward any accountability but is designed to avoid it.

Graham-Caso will be the one who will end Rudin's career, if anyone does.

by Anonymousreply 4April 19, 2021 5:38 PM

He’s done, right?

by Anonymousreply 5April 19, 2021 5:38 PM

Can't imagine what Sonia Friedman is going to do...Aren't they tied up together in many, many shows?

by Anonymousreply 6April 19, 2021 5:39 PM

R6 No, not really. She's one of a bunch of producers involved in Book of Mormon, but besides that, no other links.

by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2021 5:45 PM

What is Sonia Friedman going to do? I guess that depends on what leverage Rudin has on her. Whats her deal anyway? She gives off a rather unpleasant vibe the few times I've been around her

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2021 5:47 PM

[quote]including alleged instances where Rudin threw a stapler and baked potato at workers and smashed a computer monitor on the hand of an assistant.

LOL - that's what they're calling "horrific" abuse? Seriously?

I had a senior partner at the firm where I worked throw a stapler at another guy and me. We ducked and laughed - literally laughed at the tantrum. We were lucky that the folks we worked with didn't continue the tradition of making junior staff carry their luggage when we were traveling, even though we would be required to haul dozens of pitch books and decks with us for client meetings.

by Anonymousreply 9April 19, 2021 5:54 PM

He smashed a computer monitor on an assistant's hand and that person had to go to the hospital. He also threw another assistant out of a moving car. But that's all?

by Anonymousreply 10April 19, 2021 5:56 PM

He also locked an assistant in a closet for six hours R9. And the assistant whose hand he smashed with a computer ended up in the hospital — would that also be a laughfest at your firm?

by Anonymousreply 11April 19, 2021 5:57 PM

R9, I'm sorry you and your coworker became accustomed to such abusive behavior that you learned to minimize it as a joke. It's a common coping mechanism.

by Anonymousreply 12April 19, 2021 6:04 PM

There are many, many more stories. Rudin would buy people off with NDAs, which is why Equity is calling on him to release people so we can get the full story. It will never happen, but interesting idea.

by Anonymousreply 13April 19, 2021 6:10 PM

I thought Sonia was managing "Mockingbird" in London...

by Anonymousreply 14April 19, 2021 6:10 PM

The Shuberts could end Rudin if they wanted to. They have bent to his every whim over the years. Ask front of house staff and the folks in the box office what it's like to have a Rudin production in your theatre.

by Anonymousreply 15April 19, 2021 6:15 PM

Shot Rudein and Heavy Whalestein look like they were separated at birth. Two ugly angry cunts that are full of themselves. They also have a serious case of dirty asshole face.

by Anonymousreply 16April 19, 2021 6:28 PM

R14 Ah yes, you're right, that makes two shows. But I'm not seeing what makes it such a challenge for her, given he's already said he's stepping away.

by Anonymousreply 17April 19, 2021 9:20 PM

Well, the article didn't mention throwing someone out of a moving car or locking them in a closet for 6 hours.

[quote]I'm sorry you and your coworker became accustomed to such abusive behavior that you learned to minimize it as a joke.

Not everything is so drama filled. Get some perspective - "abusive behavior" - lol. It's not like he overhand fast-pitched a stapler at one of our head when we weren't looking.

by Anonymousreply 18April 19, 2021 9:38 PM

Where is the Kelli O'Hara quote from? I don't see her quoted in the linked Variety article.

by Anonymousreply 19April 19, 2021 9:45 PM

It was from a podcast around the closing of Kiss Me, Kate. See link with transcript and audio. I can’t imagine a more perfect Marian right now, but we got Sutton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 19, 2021 9:53 PM

I can't imagine O'Hara would have turned down The Music Man, even with Rudin producing. She would surely have felt protected by the presence of director Jerry Zaks and Hugh Jackman.

But I also can't really make sense of the casting of Sutton Foster as Marian.

by Anonymousreply 21April 19, 2021 9:57 PM

If Kelli O'Hara is considered one of the "greatest leading ladies in Broadway history" then Broadway is in some deep shit.

by Anonymousreply 22April 19, 2021 10:02 PM

Surely a fluffy pre-Tony assessment from in an introduction to a Hollywood Reporter piece does not indicate “Broadway is in some deep shit.” In comparison to every Broadway show being closed for over a year,, I think that overrating Kelli O’Hara is a fairly minor threat.

by Anonymousreply 23April 19, 2021 10:51 PM

I guess R9 can't read. From the article OP linked:

[quote]“I guess some appointment didn’t sync on his phone,” he said. “It was years ago, but Kevin told me that Rudin either shoved open a door or shoved him into the door, but basically was yelling, ‘Fuck you, get the fuck out of my car’ and Kevin was like, ‘The car’s moving, I can’t,’ and Rudin was like, ‘No, now.’ And I don’t know if he pushed him physically or pushed the door open that he was leaning on, but either way. Kevin said he didn’t exactly have to tuck and roll, but it was the shock of getting thrown out.”

And I notice you did not even mention the whole "he slammed a computer monitor" on an assistant's hand so that the assistant was bleeding and had to go to the ER.

That's just a little drama?

by Anonymousreply 24April 19, 2021 11:13 PM

I would LOVE for Scott Rudin to take a big wet dump in my mouth!

by Anonymousreply 25April 19, 2021 11:34 PM

r24 - you sound triggered.

by Anonymousreply 26April 19, 2021 11:37 PM

R2, to be fair, who hasn’t done that?

by Anonymousreply 27April 19, 2021 11:39 PM

More from the suicide twin’s friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 20, 2021 12:40 AM

[quote] Surely a fluffy pre-Tony assessment from in an introduction to a Hollywood Reporter piece does not indicate “Broadway is in some deep shit.” In comparison to every Broadway show being closed for over a year,, I think that overrating Kelli O’Hara is a fairly minor threat.

Nope. I think Kelli O'Hara is a bigger threat to Broadway than Scott Rudin.

by Anonymousreply 29April 20, 2021 12:49 AM

Posters on All That Chat are now speculating about Rudin's husband John Barlow, who ran, with Michael Hartman, a very prestigious theatrical PR firm in the 1990s and 2000s and then suddenly, and kind of mysteriously, shut down and went out of business, both partners essentially disappearing into the ether.

Supposedly Barlow was almost as toxic with staff as Rudin and posters are wondering if there was some kind of hushed up scandal that closed the PR firm.

Does anyone know? Barlow, though I don't know him, friended me on FB a few years ago (I'm somebody!) but all he ever posts are photos of his golden retrievers lounging around his swimming pool (I think in upstate NY or maybe CT).

Does anyone know anything about that?

by Anonymousreply 30April 20, 2021 12:51 AM

Or does the guy have battered husband syndrome and Scott kept him home because he gave too many excuses of him walking into doors and accidents in the shower?

by Anonymousreply 31April 20, 2021 12:58 AM

In what universe are Broadway actors responsible for righting our nation's horrible history on race? Who the fuck thought this was a good idea or their opinions mattered? For Christ's sake isn't it enough just doing 8 shows a week?

by Anonymousreply 32April 20, 2021 1:23 AM

R32, who brought up race? Hint: you.

by Anonymousreply 33April 20, 2021 1:36 AM

So his husband hasn't been in the business for 20 years, but now we're creating conspiracy theories?

by Anonymousreply 34April 20, 2021 1:36 AM

Great so does this mean the already overly-coddled gen z and millenials will never have to suffer evil bosses like we did? Honestly, toughen up, you infantilized pussies.

by Anonymousreply 35April 20, 2021 2:38 AM

Barlow's ex agency partner went to run an ice cream company and is now back in town working for the Serino Coyne Agency.

by Anonymousreply 36April 20, 2021 2:46 AM

Rudin isnt just abusive to assistants. Executives also. I had a double connection to one of the top executives and would hear stories about the constant screaming, threats, and degrading behavior. The exec eventually left even after a very generous financial offer to stay. There was no amount of money that could make this exec stay there.

by Anonymousreply 37April 20, 2021 2:47 AM

Other than Rudin's racist slurs on the Sony-hacked emails I don't understand why this march wants him to pay for BIPOC theaters. Musing everything together makes your message...well, mushy.

by Anonymousreply 38April 20, 2021 2:50 AM

Wait! Rudin is gay???

by Anonymousreply 39April 20, 2021 3:04 AM

Mushing not musing

by Anonymousreply 40April 20, 2021 3:15 AM

Honey, its Broadway. They're all Gay.

by Anonymousreply 41April 20, 2021 11:06 PM

Hugh Jackman has spoken.

“I want to say how much I respect and applaud the people that have spoken up about their experience working with Scott Rudin. It takes an enormous amount of courage and strength to stand up and state your truth. This has started a conversation that is long overdue, not just on Broadway, and the entertainment industry, but across all workforce. The most important voice we needed to hear from was Scott Rudin, he has now spoken up and stepped away from the Music Man. I hope and pray this is a journey of healing for all the victims and the community. We are currently rebuilding the Music Man team and are aspiring to create an environment that is not only safe, but ensures that everyone is seen, heard and valued. This is something that is and has always been very important to me.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 21, 2021 11:56 PM

Now that Rudin is "stepping away,," a few returning shows have announced some changes:

* Visionary leader David Stone will take over production duties at [italic]TBOM[/italic], installing former fuck-bud Joe Mantello to re-direct and turn all the Ugandans [italic]Wicked[/italic]-green to be less racist.

* Visionary leaders Daryl Roth and Hal Luftig will assume the producer role at [italic]TKAM[/italic], with Jerry “full out” Mitchell restaging the show and adding a joyous chorus of “Everybody Say YEAH” for the verdict scene in the courtroom.

* Visionary leader Jeffrey “I Threw a Stapler at Someone Too Damn It!” Richard will take over [italic]WSS[/italic], casting Elizabeth Ashley as a more inclusive trans Doc and removing the rain effect because “It’s just very expensive and I hear they can do a lot with lighting and projections these days.”

by Anonymousreply 43April 22, 2021 12:04 PM

is Rubin Jewish?

by Anonymousreply 44April 22, 2021 12:09 PM

I liked Jackman early in his career, that Oklahoma production is transcendent, but every year that goes by he seems like a bigger creep and most likely an unpleasant person. People fell over themselves with that Barnum stuff, but I couldn’t bring myself to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 45April 22, 2021 12:13 PM

R44 I don’t know, but the museum is South East Asian.

by Anonymousreply 46April 22, 2021 12:14 PM

Oh shit, R42--WTF happened to Hugh Jackman's FACE? I don't keep up with him, so I'm shocked. He looks terrible.

And OT, but can my lovely fellow DLers explain what the big is about The Music Man? Since I was a kid I've tried to watch the film version a dozen times or more but could get through the whole thing only once. And I suffered through a live performance at a regional theatre.

I've always had an irrational hatred of Robert Preston, so perhaps that has colored my perception of the work?

by Anonymousreply 47April 22, 2021 12:44 PM

It's Hugh r47. He sells Broadway tickets like it's nobody's business (and with Rudin stepping back, it apparently is, indeed, nobody's business). The fraus love him.

by Anonymousreply 48April 22, 2021 1:17 PM

Is the Broadway march protesting Rudin happening this afternoon?

by Anonymousreply 49April 22, 2021 1:25 PM

People are mad about Hugh saying the most important person we needed to hear from is Rudin.

by Anonymousreply 50April 22, 2021 1:44 PM

Wasn't Scott Rudin the person the boss was supposed to be in Swimming with Sharks?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 22, 2021 2:06 PM

Yes r49, and these fuckers are screwing up and tainting their own industry. They should work for change in smart, strategic ways, not just attention-whore ways. And if there is publicity about this and "Broadway's racist practices," it can start to have liberal New Yorkers start to feel like they shouldn't support "racist Broadway" and any vulnerability in ticket sales when shows come back with help these same actors find themselves out of work. They imagine windfall profits and don't understand how vulnerable every show is.

I'm not saying they should not be pushing hard for change, just to do it smartly and strategically. Perhaps actors shouldn't be in charge. They're better running Easter Bonnet competitions.

by Anonymousreply 52April 22, 2021 2:10 PM

[quote] I had a senior partner at the firm where I worked throw a stapler at another guy and me. We ducked and laughed

Were his initials JB?

by Anonymousreply 53April 22, 2021 2:11 PM

[quote]They should work for change in smart, strategic ways, not just attention-whore ways

They're actors.

by Anonymousreply 54April 22, 2021 5:57 PM

[quote]They're actors.

Actors who work with some regularity on Broadway are NOT supporting this stupid march and think it is turning the very legit questions about Rudin and bullying into a SJW circus of unrelated demands

by Anonymousreply 55April 22, 2021 6:00 PM

indeed it is

by Anonymousreply 56April 22, 2021 6:33 PM

I just saw a little of the march on someone’s IG live. The crowd is shouting “hey-hey ho-ho/Scott Rudin has got to go!” and it is very stupid

by Anonymousreply 57April 22, 2021 8:18 PM

Who will recreate some of this first? American Crime Story or SVU? Who who will play Rudin?

by Anonymousreply 58May 6, 2021 11:06 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 59May 6, 2021 11:26 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 60May 6, 2021 11:27 AM

So, did I hear Laura Benati has enveloped herself in this some how? Is it related to Younger and her feud with a Sutton Foster?

by Anonymousreply 61May 6, 2021 1:57 PM

Benati tweeted that Broadway CANNOT open until the dressing rooms are more equitable and everyone feels "safe" or some such nonsense.

There would have been more, but she's only doing 5 tweets a week.

by Anonymousreply 62May 6, 2021 2:46 PM

The word "safe" is killing me.

by Anonymousreply 63May 6, 2021 2:51 PM

Her exact words:

We absolutely cannot reopen without significant changes being made in order to make our theaters, rehearsal rooms and spaces safe for our BIPOC, trans and disabled colleagues. We can’t do that without the support of our Union, producers and theatre companies.

by Anonymousreply 64May 6, 2021 2:54 PM

r9, people are not allowed to throw staplers at other people--they could seriously injure them. Alas, it is not darling, as you are suggesting.

You sound like the pathetic victim of Stockholm syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 65May 6, 2021 3:06 PM

I think there needs to be a ban on all staplers in Broadway production offices, only paper clips for joining paper is allowed forthwith.

by Anonymousreply 66May 6, 2021 3:09 PM

Actors generally had the least to bear in Rudin's abuses. His ire was directed at his office employees, first and foremost, followed by marketers in advertising and publicity, creatives, and the occasional celebrity. Strange that the group that suffered the least wants to own it the most.

by Anonymousreply 67May 6, 2021 3:30 PM

WE SEE YOU WHITE SCOTT RUDIN STAPLER!

by Anonymousreply 68May 6, 2021 3:33 PM

Stephanie J Block too:

[quote]Screenshot Reposted from @EdenEspinosa. Broadway can’t JUST reopen it must reset. It must be a more safe and equitable space. There is MUCH work that needs to be done and an announcement from @NYGovCuomo does not change that fact. #beforewereopenwemustreset

How is Broadway not safe? How is it not equitable? So far the only things I've heard are on the same level as "why doesn't a chorus boy make the same amount as Nathan Lane" or "I wasn't cast in my dream role".

Even the stories I've heard which are examples of actual racism or other forms of discrimination invariably end with the victim deciding not to report it to management/unions - in which case how can you expect anything to be done?

by Anonymousreply 69May 6, 2021 3:36 PM

Listen, I think Benanti is generally insufferable. That being said, almost all Broadway houses are notoriously inaccessible for handicapped audiences and workers, and there has been no concerted effort to take any action. When your major awards show has a nominee (and likely winner) in a wheelchair and your solution is to seat her backstage rather than pay a day rate for a couple stagehands to build a ramp for her to sit in the audience amongst her peers, and you send wheelchair-bound audience members outside in all weather to another building for an accessible toilet, it’s time to reconsider your priorities.

As for Rudin, please note that he resigned from the Broadway League. That’s important. If the League banished him, there wouldn’t be the opportunity for them to welcome him back in a few seasons. Everyone in the industry (at least in the theatre world) knew about his behavior, from box office workers to the stars and now the powers that be are going to enable an eventual comeback. The behavior won’t change in any significant way, but the non disclosures and other contractual non disparagement clauses will be even tighter next time.

It’s a rotten business and it always has been. Don’t get me started on the long rumored NY Times Broadway exposé that never was, allegedly because they didn’t want to lose the advertising money that full page ads for already sold out Broadway runs and the end of year for your consideration onslaught brought in.

by Anonymousreply 70May 6, 2021 3:42 PM

I think it is important to distinguish between BEING safe and FEELING safe.

Some people will feel "unsafe" because they didn't get something they say they want and it just becomes a woke manipulation.

Equity needs to have an abuse hotline and treat all allegations fairly and seriously.

by Anonymousreply 71May 6, 2021 3:48 PM

You can only feel safe in a suite, not a room

by Anonymousreply 72May 6, 2021 3:49 PM

Sutton Foster's statement is such a nonstatement statement.

So brave!

by Anonymousreply 73May 6, 2021 3:57 PM

In what world are actors now supposed to be responsible for producers and their decisions/behaviors? Get real. They are hired artists, no matter how "big" they are. It's stupid to think Jackman and/or Foster should be held accountable in any way for Rudin's behaviors. And as for solving all the "justice" issues on Broadway, that's not their responsibility either. Grow up kids. If you want to picket someone, picket the theatre owners. Note the word "owners." They are the only ones who can impact real changes, although everyone knows Local 1 and the Musicians want accept any "justice" changes because it will unravel decades of family members giving other family members jobs. You want real change, it starts with the unions, and they don't want it. So instead we take off after other actors?

by Anonymousreply 74May 6, 2021 4:38 PM

Why is no one going after Hugh Jackman the way they did Sutton?

He was 'discovered' by Bryan Singer and the godfather of Rupert Murdoch's youngest daughter, for fuck's sake

by Anonymousreply 75May 6, 2021 4:44 PM

Nobody should have to be anybody's punching bag or fuckbag in order to have a career.

by Anonymousreply 76May 6, 2021 4:49 PM

[quote]Why is no one going after Hugh Jackman the way they did Sutton?

Jackman already put out a statement.

by Anonymousreply 77May 6, 2021 4:53 PM

Hugh Jackman wasn't discovered by Bryan Singer. He was starring in the West End prior to any films.

by Anonymousreply 78May 6, 2021 4:53 PM

I have a connection to Hugh. Those who know him well (and love and respect him) say that if he seems tone-deaf about some of the political stuff (whether being in the company of ivanka and Jared or taking a weak stand re: Rudin), it’s because he’s always been determined to remain above the fray... not out of fear of burning bridges but because he’s most comfortable when everyone is getting along.

As someone who used my capital in the workplace to support and protect good colleagues and go after evil forces, it’s hard for me to relate and, to some degree, respect at times. But I do think there’s something to be said for those who just try to get along with everyone and not play into cancel culture. Not sure that it works in 2021, but there you have it.

by Anonymousreply 79May 6, 2021 5:09 PM

New article = revived thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80June 23, 2021 7:01 PM

[quote] You kiss up and kick down

[quote] Rudin anecdotes were passed around Hollywood parties like mushroom canapes

by Anonymousreply 81June 23, 2021 7:09 PM

rudin is famous for telling his employees to kill themselves.

by Anonymousreply 82June 23, 2021 11:58 PM

So what will Sutton and Hugh do/say now? It's pretty well known this new producer is a Rudin puppet. This could get interesting...

by Anonymousreply 83June 24, 2021 2:24 AM

so Frances McDormand isn't the Norma Rae she claims to be, eh?

by Anonymousreply 84June 27, 2021 11:51 AM

She's an actress. If she has a role. But if she doesn't have a job, she's just unemployed.

She's not a good type for the furs and diamonds and platinum hair route to stardom. With her earthy face, she's a shoo in for the Norma Rae social justice public persona.

So, yes, she will say in public what is beneficial for her to say. And she will do in private what is beneficial for her to do.

She's much like the rest of us in that regard.

by Anonymousreply 85June 27, 2021 12:10 PM

So we're supposed to shut up about it and let an asshole rule Hollywood? Is that your point, r85?

by Anonymousreply 86June 27, 2021 12:26 PM

[quote]So we're supposed to shut up about it and let an asshole rule Hollywood?

Now what does that mean? That Frances McDormand is an asshole? That Frances McDormand rules Hollywood? That you should shut up?

by Anonymousreply 87June 27, 2021 12:29 PM

McDormand was on board with the mostly positive portrayal in Nomadland of working at an Amazon warehouse—and she was primarily responsible for getting Amazon to agree to filming there, so she’s hardly a champion of the worker.

by Anonymousreply 88June 27, 2021 3:32 PM

no r87 don't be pedantic or intentionally dense. r86 is questioning whether McDormand should have used her platform (which she's used before) to call out [italic]Rudin's[/italic] behavior. But you knew that.

by Anonymousreply 89June 27, 2021 3:54 PM

No, R89, that's your interpretation of a horribly written, yet still inflammatory, statement about... well, about who? You draw your conclusion by inferring facts that are not in the statement. Facts, as in the name of the subject of the statement.

The writer could just as easily be referring to Scott Rudin. In fact, I think it probably does refer to Rudin. My interpretation. But maybe you are correct. Either way, if the writer has something to offer and wants to be taken seriously, then s/he needs to refine his composition. Take your concerns about pedantry and... rethink them.

by Anonymousreply 90June 27, 2021 4:17 PM

Is Rudin's pr husband on the thread? What's with the overreaction?

by Anonymousreply 91June 27, 2021 4:37 PM

yes, r90, the best argument when accused of pedantry is...pendantry.

by Anonymousreply 92June 27, 2021 8:54 PM

R91 There's always going to people on DL who'll defend cunts like this.

by Anonymousreply 93June 28, 2021 8:52 PM

Rudin is still making all the decisions on Music Man.

by Anonymousreply 94June 29, 2021 12:53 PM

I'm not saying you're wrong r94 but do you know something or are you opining?

by Anonymousreply 95June 29, 2021 1:54 PM

Probably the same idiot from the theatre thread who insisted Kate Horton must be a puppet because she's never produced a Broadway show, ignoring the fact she's produced in the West End, for the RSC and National and was executive director of the Royal Court.

by Anonymousreply 96June 29, 2021 3:45 PM

I'm happy to see that Benati can do 5 tweets a week. If only she could do that many performances a week.

by Anonymousreply 97June 29, 2021 6:07 PM

Horton's experience is a joke. She had nothing to do with Matilda on Broadway. It was the Dodgers.

by Anonymousreply 98June 29, 2021 7:42 PM

No-one said she had anything to do with Matilda. Just another thing you've made up.

by Anonymousreply 99June 29, 2021 9:19 PM

What West End Musical has she done? Serious question...

by Anonymousreply 100June 30, 2021 12:53 AM

R100 So now you're asking questions without answering R95s?

And no musical. But she's produced numerous plays and respected enough to have headed the Royal Court and be made a trustee of the Old Vic. I know you have your little conspiracy theory that you desperately want to advance that Rudin is somehow still involved - but attempting to dismiss her experience just makes you look stupider than usual. Here's another question for you to avoid answering - if Rudin just wanted someone to do his bidding, why wouldn't he have just picked Eli Bush like he has for WSS?

by Anonymousreply 101June 30, 2021 9:23 AM

well r101 Eli would've been a non-starter, as he's simply [italic]too[/italic] allied with Rudin. So in some universe, Horton could be a good choice as an undercover puppet, but probably isn't.

by Anonymousreply 102June 30, 2021 11:55 AM

But Bush is taking over at West Side Story, the Lehman Trilogy and Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, plus a bunch of Rudin's film projects, so him being too close to Rudin clearly isn't a total disqualifier. Unless the thinking is the media will likely only be showing interest in The Music Man and they can get away with Bush for almost everything else.

It's pretty clear Horton is a Diller pick, she's been involved and is a trustee in his Little Island.

by Anonymousreply 103June 30, 2021 12:03 PM

Hugh Jackman is a coward R79, and has long been viewed as such. It’s why he’s not really taken seriously as an actor and will never win an Oscar. He’s a franchise actor and Broadway queen that will protect his career at all costs. So be it.

by Anonymousreply 104June 30, 2021 12:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!