Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Katie Holmes posts a Happy Birthday post to her daughter Suri

She is now 15!!! Time flies!

Do you think Tom Cruise will see her? Call her? Does he engage with his child?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 26, 2021 3:26 PM

She probably still carries her everywhere. So heavy!

by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2021 3:25 PM

I find Katie Holmes uninteresting and (mostly) untalented, but I must say....

She seems like a very committed, sensible Mom. She knows Suri is in the public eye (because of Tom) but had navigated that pretty skillfully as a single parent (albeit an enormously wealthy one). All while raising her in NYC.

Suri appears to be pretty down-to-earth, unlike so many celeb kids.

by Anonymousreply 2April 19, 2021 4:08 PM

Sadly, with Suri, Tom is repeating the painful estrangement he had with his own father. With all his higher level evolution and learning thanks to Scientology you think he would have got this one right or have some sense of what he is doing. Thankfully she has a consistent and present mother. Fathers are equally important though.

by Anonymousreply 3April 19, 2021 6:56 PM

Her mom's from Toledo, OH and her dad's family comes from Kentucky... I can see some Appalachian in her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 20, 2021 4:26 PM

She really takes after him. How fucked up do you have to be to abandon your only bio child for a cult?

by Anonymousreply 5April 20, 2021 4:46 PM

And why does he seem so untouchable, R5? The press doesn't have any qualms about going after other abusive/neglectful celeb dads, like Alec Baldwin or Ryan O'Neal. But Cruise has gotten the kid-glove treatment.

by Anonymousreply 6April 20, 2021 4:57 PM

Didn't she have a diary on here once?

by Anonymousreply 7April 20, 2021 5:11 PM

He's still too profitable R6. Maybe if Katie or Nicole made an unequivocal statement? Nicole especially has nothing to lose at this point. She's proven herself outside of his influence and her reputation is secure. I have a feeling she'll do like Sally Fields did in exposing Burt Reynolds in a memoir. The only issue is she probably won't pen one until her 70s.

by Anonymousreply 8April 20, 2021 5:22 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Tom tried to come back into her life when she's 18. If he thinks he can recruit her for Scientology, he will. Hopefully Katie has raised her to have better sense.

by Anonymousreply 9April 20, 2021 5:31 PM

Shortly before my mom died, I asked her if she had any regrets. She thought a moment and then said: "I'll never learn the background story on the Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes divorce." Cracked me up at a very sad time. And, I agree! It drives me crazy that Katie and Nicole aren't spilling the beans.

by Anonymousreply 10April 20, 2021 5:33 PM

R7, she probably did, but you might also be thinking of Suri's Burn Book, which was briefly a thing about a decade ago.

by Anonymousreply 11April 20, 2021 5:43 PM

Everyone knows Suri is better off with Katie than Tom. His abandonment did the child a huge favour.

by Anonymousreply 12April 21, 2021 6:02 AM

Thetans and prayers!

by Anonymousreply 13April 21, 2021 6:48 AM

Suri was so odd for awhile wearing big bows and Mary Janes until she was almost 13. Glad she seems to be growing up.

by Anonymousreply 14April 21, 2021 10:09 AM

OMG, R8, Nicole has a lot to lose if she tangles with Cruise, because she'll be tangling with Scientology, which is vicious and backed up by power and money. Poor Nicole is helpless.

by Anonymousreply 15April 21, 2021 10:23 AM

Tammy is off wrestling somewhere in a singlet.

by Anonymousreply 16April 21, 2021 10:26 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 25, 2021 9:13 PM

One of the reasons she split from Tammy and the cult was because she wanted to raise her a a normal child and not as the cult's crown princess.

by Anonymousreply 18June 25, 2021 9:20 PM

I've wonder, does ole tommy ever think ever and worry what Suri can tell the world when she hits 18??...Or does he figure he's gotten away with ALL of it for decades now, so he is laughing to himself and everyone?

Get ready for the media late night talk show butt kissing blitz when top gun 2 and the next mission movie comes out! shame on all of those shows and their hosts for their over the top sickening ass kissing of him! "oh, but we can't ask the questions and demand the answers for ALL of these issues that LITERALLY should have been asked and answers demanded from him FOR DECADES NOW!" he'll get mad, he won't show up, it's not the right place or time, it's none of our business, it's his personal life, he's such a nice guy to little ole me and the other COUNTLESS deflection excuses!...

I can't think of any major important celebrity who has got away with more and for this long!..

by Anonymousreply 19June 25, 2021 9:35 PM

Wow! All these posts and no ones bringing up the gossip from back then:

Word is, Katie was ALREADY pregnant when she met Tom. He was literally interviewing for a wife. Goggle ‘Scarlet Johansson car cleaning’ to get some freaky details. According to this very website, Siri’s REAL father was actor Chris Klein or equally dark-haired Josh Hartnett.

I always believed the story because what better way to establish your manliness than knocking up some babe? Holmes supposedly had a nasty breakup with Klein, so maybe she figured this was a trade-up? It would also explain Cruise’s indifference to the girl.

by Anonymousreply 20June 25, 2021 9:35 PM

I've also always found Katie pretty boring, but she is evidently no fool. I cheered for her when she split from Tom and took Suri with her. It was a matter of saving her daughter from a life of brainwashed servitude to Xenu and fuckface Miscavige, and Katie knew it.

by Anonymousreply 21June 25, 2021 9:37 PM

[quote] I've also always found Katie pretty boring, but she is evidently no fool. I cheered for her when she split from Tom and took Suri with her. It was a matter of saving her daughter from a life of brainwashed servitude to Xenu and fuckface Miscavige, and Katie knew it.

Her father is a divorce lawyer. You can bet future trophy wives will be screened for THAT!

by Anonymousreply 22June 25, 2021 9:40 PM

I think Tom is the dad but he's under threat to leave her alone. I do remember his one and only, AFAIK, visitation right after she ran was an a racing car chased by paparazzi to a waiting helicopter. I think he tried kidnapping her but Katie had info that forced him to return the kid. I just remember it being very weird and he never saw her after that.

by Anonymousreply 23June 25, 2021 10:08 PM

Is Katie dating anyone? Has she come out?

by Anonymousreply 24June 25, 2021 10:13 PM

With having a father like Tom Cruise, even with Scientology, how would she understand why he wanted nothing to do with her. Wonder if Katie and Nicole have ever had a conversation

by Anonymousreply 25June 25, 2021 10:15 PM

Whatever dirt Katie has on Tom, it's explosive stuff. She walked out with her freedom, a big chunk of cash, and her daughter. That dirt will probably keep Tom away from Suri forever.

by Anonymousreply 26June 25, 2021 11:05 PM

I never thought Suri was Tom’s kid, but as she got older she really started to resemble him. She also resembles Tommy Davis a lot. I’m not sure where people get Chris Klein as the father. She was dating Hartnett for months. Literally one week I read they were spotted, the next she was dating Tom.

by Anonymousreply 27June 25, 2021 11:05 PM

I wonder if Suri has a relationship with Tom’s Mother?

by Anonymousreply 28June 26, 2021 3:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!