Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Malibu hilltop mansion can be yours

For just under $50 million.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 19, 2021 4:50 PM

Beautiful location, but what a hideous house. From some angles it looks like a motel, from others it looks like a North Korean interrogation facility. From still others it looks like a series of industrial units or low level commercial premises like you'd see in a second rate office park. I'm not exactly sure what type of ugly it is but I know it is ugly. A carbuncle as Prince Charles would say (and he's right)

I will say that it is staged with furnishings and art that matches the property to perfection, all being ugly as fuck too.

The pool is nice, and it has good garaging and off street parking, thats it for redeeming features folks

If I had that location and budget I can imagine what I'd build, and it would not look like this

by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2021 3:26 PM

Interior looks like it would be a very pleasant law office in which to work. As a home not so much.

by Anonymousreply 2April 19, 2021 3:37 PM

Office building with a view.

by Anonymousreply 3April 19, 2021 3:41 PM

The Ocean View Motel - Dancing Dining & Cocktails overlooking the beautiful Pacific Ocean in our fabulous Boom Boom Room

by Anonymousreply 4April 19, 2021 3:46 PM

Yeah, the exterior definitely makes it look like a motel.

Frankly, I don't see the point of living in and paying for Malibu if you aren't actually close to the beach - seems like a waste to me.

Also, as interesting to look at as the comically large doors are, they are a hassle to live with.

by Anonymousreply 5April 19, 2021 3:53 PM

Looks institutional. Like a high end looney bin.

by Anonymousreply 6April 19, 2021 3:56 PM

Looks like an Edward Durell Stone design while on mushrooms bastard child with a ranch flip and a Logan Paul fan interior designer.

by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2021 3:57 PM

I derive some small pleasure when I see that the rich don’t know how to live. If it were cozy, warm, and welcoming there’s a good chance I’d have envy for days. As it is, nah.

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2021 4:00 PM

R8, would you enjoy a house like 822 Sarbonne or 1601 San Onofre? They're, IMO, excellent at blending an almost hyper-modern aesthetic with warm wood and stone and lush greenery. They have the same builder and were I a billionaire, I'm sure I'd be giving him a call.

Ignore the crackheads

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 19, 2021 4:10 PM

1601 San Onofre

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 19, 2021 4:11 PM

It would make a lovely small boutique spa or intimate hotel.

As a house, I don't care for it.

The views are truly superb, though.

by Anonymousreply 11April 19, 2021 4:12 PM

Tear-down! Land Value ONLY!

by Anonymousreply 12April 19, 2021 4:39 PM

Do realtors make the same percentage on these crazy priced mansions as they would on a run of the mill (for L.A.) $1,000,000 house? The commission on this house would be almost $3 million at 6%.

by Anonymousreply 13April 19, 2021 4:40 PM

R9 nope

R10 nope

Variations on the same boring theme. The lush greenery is nice, and I can see the value of the car elevator. I would not want either one as a home though

The rich really dont have taste if this is what is selling

by Anonymousreply 14April 19, 2021 4:47 PM

[R9], I don’t warm to them because of their immensity. I crave a sense of being nested and sheltered and unseen. I would like to take saunas whenever I wanted to, see no other buildings, and watch small animals puttering around outside.

Silence is a luxury beyond price but I’d make an attempt at buying it. I’d go for acres and acres of “undeveloped” land and live right in the center of it.

Of course, every fantasy has its downside and in this one I’m going to need a helicopter just to go get groceries but I’m sure I can fantasize that, too.

by Anonymousreply 15April 19, 2021 4:50 PM

In high value sales you would normally tender or put out an RFP to multiple agents for their commission, and/or request a quotes for a flat fee.

by Anonymousreply 16April 19, 2021 4:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!