Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fauci on mask usage: Vaccinated people can still "inadvertently infect" others

Have any of you invested in companies that manufacture masks?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119April 21, 2021 3:12 PM

I am so tired of this man and his name irks the fuck out of me.

by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2021 9:33 AM

How is this new information? This was what was always said and understood from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 2April 19, 2021 9:40 AM

I am just going to assume OP is the anti-mask/anti-vax troll.

by Anonymousreply 3April 19, 2021 9:52 AM

Yup. Not news. this is why we have to keep wearing masks and get as many of us vaccinated as possible.

by Anonymousreply 4April 19, 2021 10:02 AM

Trollin, trollin, trollin, OP’s gone a trollin, Keep those lies a rollin, RAWHIDE!

by Anonymousreply 5April 19, 2021 10:05 AM

Who would have guessed Trump knew what he was doing shutting this guy up

by Anonymousreply 6April 19, 2021 10:36 AM

No one with a brain, you twat.

by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2021 10:47 AM

Any news story about Fauci should include a clip of his infamous statements against mask wearing from last year. That’s the only way to provide the proper context. Everyone agrees that he lied to prevent ordinary people from taking taking all the PPE to save themselves. What kind of people trust him now, despite his lie that killed countless people?

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2021 10:49 AM

If masks are such superior protection and vaccines are so worthless at containing the spread, why are we bothering?

by Anonymousreply 9April 19, 2021 10:53 AM

Do take a class in reading comprehension, r9.

by Anonymousreply 10April 19, 2021 11:09 AM

I see the short bus is here commenting.

by Anonymousreply 11April 19, 2021 11:14 AM

Looks like I have a new batch of trolls to block.

by Anonymousreply 13April 19, 2021 12:14 PM

i love R1

by Anonymousreply 14April 19, 2021 12:15 PM

r1 = The blind leading the blind. They're a dime a dozen in the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 15April 19, 2021 5:25 PM

[quote] If masks are such superior protection and vaccines are so worthless at containing the spread, why are we bothering?

Vaccines are not developed to contain the spread, you halfwit. They are developed to protect the recipient from getting ill when infected.

Countries really do get the covid they deserve.

by Anonymousreply 16April 19, 2021 5:30 PM

R15 And how exactly am I “leading” anyone?

I just knew someone like you would pop up and assume I am a Republican. I am a progressive liberal Democrat, dear.

by Anonymousreply 17April 19, 2021 6:32 PM

R17 you just got kicked out by SJW CRT warrior

by Anonymousreply 18April 19, 2021 6:35 PM

r17, name ONE thing Fauci has said or done wrong. We'll wait.

by Anonymousreply 19April 19, 2021 8:01 PM

R19 Why should I have to qualify being tired of him and finding his name irksome?

However, since you requested “one thing,” here you go:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 19, 2021 8:06 PM

r20, that comment was from early March last year. He was basing his statements based on WHAT HE KNEW AT THE TIME. That's the scientific method.

by Anonymousreply 21April 19, 2021 8:12 PM

R21 Listen, toots, you asked me to name one thing he said wrong and I did. I’m done going back and forth with you about this lizard. Enough.

by Anonymousreply 22April 19, 2021 8:14 PM

Skippy at r22 - it's not "wrong" when stating something based on facts KNOWN AT THAT POINT IN TIME. Deal with it and up your meds pronto.

by Anonymousreply 23April 19, 2021 8:15 PM

Even your article, at the very bottom, says that this statement was made at the start of the pandemic, you moron.

by Anonymousreply 24April 19, 2021 8:17 PM

Retard at R23 and R24 - neither is it wrong to share an opinion, which doesn’t need to be justified. Now, please do slither back into the hole from which you were shit out.

by Anonymousreply 25April 19, 2021 8:20 PM

Fauci also says that those who get infected after getting the vaccine will likely not show symptoms and you also have Pfizer saying that vaccinations are going to be annual. Why the fuck does he think people who didn't care about the virus before the vaccine are going to care now even after he says those who get infected won't show symptoms. He is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 26April 19, 2021 8:22 PM

DO NOT FEED THE FUCKING ANTI-MASK, ANTI-VAX TROLLS.

Punch, delete, block, and move on.

In other words, do not cast pearls before swine.

by Anonymousreply 27April 19, 2021 8:22 PM

That’s fine, R25, if you promise to rem er opinions are opinions, and facts are facts. Your disagreement is an opinion you hold.

by Anonymousreply 28April 19, 2021 8:22 PM

On a side note, what kind of sad, pathetic person must you be to take personal an opinion - not a judgement on intellect or character, mind you - shared about someone as irrelevant as the subject of this thread?

by Anonymousreply 29April 19, 2021 8:24 PM

R27 Bitch, being tired of and annoyed by this man does not constitute being against wearing masks or getting the vaccine.

You seem to have the critical thinking skills of a gnat.

by Anonymousreply 30April 19, 2021 8:26 PM

Data looks good from other countries where the majority of adults have been vaccinated. There is good reason to be optimistic. I was skeptical at first, but it's getting a little embarrassing at this point with people saying we should become more like a totalitarian state.

by Anonymousreply 31April 19, 2021 8:29 PM

[quote] Your disagreement is an opinion you hold.

R28 What was my “disagreement”?

by Anonymousreply 32April 19, 2021 8:32 PM

[quote]Any news story about Fauci should include a clip of his infamous statements against mask wearing from last year.

Way way way back in the pandemic, Fauci shared the party line about not needing to wear masks, which would reserve available masks for clinicians.

Since then, he has ONLY said WEAR MASKS! Yet, the anti-Fauci faction still bleats "He's so confusing. He said to not wears masks and now he says to wear masks. Who knows what he'll say tomorrow?"

Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 33April 19, 2021 8:39 PM

Fauci tells the truth.

If you don't like what he says, you can't handle the truth.

by Anonymousreply 34April 19, 2021 8:39 PM

[quote]OP: Have any of you invested in companies that manufacture masks?

No comment.

by Anonymousreply 35April 19, 2021 8:40 PM

[quote]Fauci also says that those who get infected after getting the vaccine will likely not show symptoms and you also have Pfizer saying that vaccinations are going to be annual. Why the fuck does he think people who didn't care about the virus before the vaccine are going to care now even after he says those who get infected won't show symptoms. He is an idiot.

You're not making any sense.

He's tell you what the science shows. Those who don't show symptoms are most at risk for giving the virus to others.

by Anonymousreply 36April 19, 2021 8:41 PM

[quote] Those who don't show symptoms are most at risk for giving the virus to others.

The question becomes if there is no herd immunity, then should the objective still be to eradicate a virus which is never going away? Shouldn't our main objective be to keep deaths and hospitalizations low?

by Anonymousreply 37April 19, 2021 9:00 PM

He’s dreaming if he thinks vaccinated people are going to put up with wearing masks for much longer. We were told the vaccines were our tickets out of the pandemic. Let’s start acting like it. It’s extremely poor messaging to tell people who are vaccine hesitant that even if they get the vaccine their lives won’t change. I live in CT and Lamont just announced we are fully reopened by May 19th. Give people something to look forward to.

by Anonymousreply 38April 19, 2021 9:03 PM

Cher said she didn't trust him when this started.

by Anonymousreply 39April 19, 2021 9:07 PM

[quote]He’s dreaming if he thinks vaccinated people are going to put up with wearing masks for much longer.

Sounds like the gays of America are going to wear them until eternity...and screech at whoever does otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 40April 19, 2021 9:08 PM

[quote]Cher said she didn't trust him when this started.

So?

by Anonymousreply 41April 19, 2021 9:08 PM

What's your point, r39?

by Anonymousreply 42April 19, 2021 9:09 PM

[quote]that comment was from early March last year. He was basing his statements based on WHAT HE KNEW AT THE TIME. That's the scientific method.

Except plenty of people were already wearing masks because they knew the severity of this from other countries who were already going through it.

It was the Trump administration that was pushing the "It was no big deal" line. It's baffling why Fauci initially went with that same rationale.

[quote]What's your point

Because it obliterates your one size fits all stockpile of excuses when it comes to criticisms of him.

Cher's a rabid, smart, well read democrat.

by Anonymousreply 43April 19, 2021 9:11 PM

He deliberately lied when he said it would not help to wear a mask. He knew at the time it would help to slow the spread of the disease. Contrary to what his supporters would like people to believe, mask wearing is not some novel concept from 2020, as anyone can see from pictures during the Spanish flu or from seeing doctors and nurses wearing masks for generations.

by Anonymousreply 44April 19, 2021 9:35 PM

R43 I love you.

Get that big bitch!

by Anonymousreply 45April 19, 2021 10:35 PM

[quote] He deliberately lied when he said it would not help to wear a mask.

R44 If it wasn’t a lie, it was certainly stupidly because most people know, or assume, that covering one’s nose and mouth helps prevent the spread of infectious particles.

by Anonymousreply 46April 19, 2021 10:39 PM

R1, we're sick of anti-vaxx GOP dummies like yourself

by Anonymousreply 47April 19, 2021 10:43 PM

R20 is probably descended from the assholes who use to scream at Copernicus "But we already know the sun revolves around the earth! You can't just change the answer!"

by Anonymousreply 48April 19, 2021 10:46 PM

Oh, dear! *stupidity

by Anonymousreply 49April 19, 2021 10:47 PM

R47 Do catch up, dear. I am a Democrat and not against social distancing, wearing masks, or getting vaccinated.

Your ad hominem attacks are tedious and tiresome. Go away now.

by Anonymousreply 50April 19, 2021 10:51 PM

[quote]If masks are such superior protection and vaccines are so worthless at containing the spread, why are we bothering?

Because fuckwits like you continue to pose a public health risk?

(infection rate post-vaccination: 0.008%, so your entire statement is trolling horseshit. but I digress.)

by Anonymousreply 51April 19, 2021 10:55 PM

R48 You really are retarded, aren’t you? I was asked to “name ONE thing Fauci has said or done [bold]wrong[/bold]” and I did - and without being snide or insulting towards him, either.

I mean, I think he has admitted himself he was [bold]wrong[/bold] about not wearing masks, right? Am I supposed to ignore the fact that he was [bold]wrong[/bold] because he changed his opinion and recommendation?

Maybe Mrs. Fauci over at R19 shouldn’t have made such a specific request, dear.

by Anonymousreply 52April 19, 2021 11:00 PM

Using retarded as a pejorative doesn't help your case, r52.

by Anonymousreply 53April 19, 2021 11:07 PM

"It's a goddamn commie plot to make me leave my studio apartment and get a vaccine that will alter my DNA and have to wear a mask anyway while allowing all uncut poz sluts of color to fill me with their biohazard cum because saying no to them is literal genocide."

by Anonymousreply 54April 19, 2021 11:08 PM

R53 Relying on a straw man argument actually ends yours.

by Anonymousreply 55April 19, 2021 11:13 PM

What straw man argument would that be, r55?

by Anonymousreply 56April 19, 2021 11:16 PM

Block 1 and see how many replies disappear

by Anonymousreply 57April 19, 2021 11:21 PM

R56 Question, counselor: Was the request to “name ONE thing Fauci has said or done wrong” fulfilled in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 58April 19, 2021 11:22 PM

I advocated for facemasks since March of 2020, and slapped down anybody who tried to argue that “the flu has killed more people” at the time. I’m 100% pro vaccine. Trump and his fascist Republican goons can all rot in hell and hopefully prison, but I don’t respect Dr Fauci after watching him in 2020. And the fanatical cult of Fauci that sprung up as some kind of opposing dynamic to Trumpism is disturbing to me as well. There I said it.

by Anonymousreply 59April 19, 2021 11:25 PM

[Quote] Except plenty of people were already wearing masks because they knew the severity of this from other countries who were already going through it. It was the Trump administration that was pushing the "It was no big deal" line. It's baffling why Fauci initially went with that same rationale.

At that time we knew little about the disease. For a while it seemed that masks didn’t help. Then they realized that masks, when worn by the infected, protected others. Only a while later was there science that masks protect the wearer.

by Anonymousreply 60April 19, 2021 11:31 PM

Fauci isn’t perfect but he isn’t making up bullshit that we saw so many in the last administration do.

by Anonymousreply 61April 19, 2021 11:32 PM

Masks actually work better than the vaccines but they are a pain in the ass

by Anonymousreply 62April 19, 2021 11:34 PM

[quote] And the fanatical cult of Fauci that sprung up as some kind of opposing dynamic to Trumpism is disturbing to me as well. There I said it.

It really is disturbing and perplexing, especially considering the fact that some Democrats are willing to eat there own, even if they agree on all precautionary measures regarding COVID, in support of him. Like, WTF?

by Anonymousreply 63April 19, 2021 11:35 PM

I liked the Fatone. Totally my type

by Anonymousreply 64April 19, 2021 11:35 PM

^wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 65April 19, 2021 11:36 PM

The mask wearing will have to come to an end sooner or later. A free society will not put with totalitarian state shit ass rules forever!

by Anonymousreply 66April 19, 2021 11:54 PM

Fauci wasn't just wrong about masks, he was also wrong about the travel ban, made wildly inaccurate projections, and kept having to backtrack on comments regarding herd immunity that wasn't backed up by science. While I can understand that this is a novel virus, he and his bootlickers kept pointing to the success of other countries as proof that the virus can be eradicated, which doesn't appear to be the case at all. It's becoming more apparent that the numbers being reported especially in non western countries are skewed if not inaccurate. He told Anderson Cooper in March of 2020 that the virus was something we shouldn't be too concerned about. While Trump and Birx got roasted for their mistakes, Fauci got a pass.

Where Fauci was right was in basically describing things that are mostly common sense. However, even those claims tended to be exaggerated.

by Anonymousreply 67April 19, 2021 11:56 PM

And yes as an above poster mention, he did deliberately lie about mask wearing. He says he was to conserve masks, but he could have advocated temporary lockdown measures as an alternative. Instead, he claims to be about the science but just in those one example, chose to politicize it.

by Anonymousreply 68April 19, 2021 11:59 PM

R64, people just assumed you were referring to Italians with surnames starting with "F"

by Anonymousreply 69April 20, 2021 12:10 AM

R66 Totalitarianism? When I get the wear whatever TF I want wherever I want you might have a point. There are dress codes everywhere. Masks are dress code for now. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 70April 20, 2021 12:14 AM

I guess I dont consider having to wear a mask in certain places as a loss of any freedom like some snowflakes out there.

by Anonymousreply 71April 20, 2021 12:17 AM

This isn't just about masks. This is about establishments being forced to operate at minimum capacity, if at all, due to prolonged restrictions. Americans need an end goal in order to comply, not a continually shifting goal post.

by Anonymousreply 72April 20, 2021 12:21 AM

R71 We see republicans are really the snowflakes. I bet they were that uniform to the Klan rally.

by Anonymousreply 73April 20, 2021 12:21 AM

Don't you love how right-wingers who say they'd be willing to make sacrifices for the country, find it too tasking to wear a mask for a few minutes to go get their Hot Pockets from Walmart?

by Anonymousreply 74April 20, 2021 12:21 AM

R73 It's quite sad, but also somewhat amusing, that people are so entrenched in their identity poltiics, that they will sacrifice their own rights and freedoms just for the sake of feeling morally superior. Unless, they don't really comply with their own rules, which in that case, fuck them as well.

by Anonymousreply 75April 20, 2021 12:23 AM

R72 if more vaccine deniers would get informed than maybe things could get better quicker.

by Anonymousreply 76April 20, 2021 12:24 AM

R76 And fuck the vaccine deniers as well. Vaccines were developed in record time and endorsed by both the Trump and Biden administrations. I'm not going to be responsible for someone who chooses not to get the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 77April 20, 2021 12:28 AM

This all just show conservatives are the most gullible , dim witted yokels walking the earth. American ISIS.

by Anonymousreply 78April 20, 2021 12:30 AM

"R56 Question, counselor: Was the request to “name ONE thing Fauci has said or done wrong” fulfilled in this thread?"

I haven't argued one way or the other in this thread, r58.

by Anonymousreply 79April 20, 2021 12:31 AM

R72 Genuine question, what if circumstances are unpredictable and we simply don’t know the answers you want and they can and do change? Do you want a lie? Do you want your government to lie. Because I keep getting that, over and over. I keep getting this feeling that what Americans really want is to be told what to do, whether it’s right or wrong, and to be lied to if the truth is uncomfortable. It’s disturbing. Because once you give a government the ok to lie “for the greater good” you open the floodgates. And it’s funny how we encase these demands within bookends of “tyranny” and “totalitarianism”. We demand lies and obfuscation and the deaths of millions of Americans, and then we laughably try to call it “freedom”. It’s nonsensical.

by Anonymousreply 80April 20, 2021 12:34 AM

R80 Bill Maher did a great monologue about this on last weeks show. Americans deserve the hard truths because after being lied to so many times, they begin to lose trust. The funny thing is I don't think Fauci has even admitted to being wrong and even googling it won't provide you with any examples. I agree with Bill when he says I don't want politics mixed in.

by Anonymousreply 81April 20, 2021 12:38 AM

560,000 Americans die in ONE YEAR from ONE VIRUS yet wearing a cloth over your gnarly mouth is a bridge too far? “It’s not worse than the flu.” “It’ll go away in a few weeks.” Which lies lead to more deaths you republican fucks?

by Anonymousreply 82April 20, 2021 12:40 AM

Maher can go fuck himself. Politics wasn’t in this until republicans put politics in this directly causing hundreds of thousands to die needlessly. I don’t know anybody listening to JUST Fauci. Twits.

by Anonymousreply 83April 20, 2021 12:43 AM

R81 I mean Americans don’t deserve anything after the last 4 years, let’s be real. A Democracy needs transparency and truth to survive, though. The problem is Americans have decided transparency and truth is too uncomfortable and inconvenient, and would rather just scrub this whole Democracy idea than deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 84April 20, 2021 12:52 AM

Done with these idiots. Absolutely, completely done. Willing to let people die so they aren't inconvenienced Barking incoherent nonsense about "freedom" which translates to "I get to do whatever the fuck I want with no consequences".

by Anonymousreply 85April 20, 2021 2:20 AM

God, I hate Dr Doom Troll

by Anonymousreply 86April 20, 2021 3:27 AM

The Doomers are the fucking freaks who won’t get vaccinated and wear MF mask until we have herd immunity.

by Anonymousreply 87April 20, 2021 3:31 AM

It's cute that r75 thinks "rights and freedoms" are some real thing in this country. Ask any Japanese American in 1942-1945 how those "rights and freedoms" worked out for them.

Wearing a mask is not infringing on any right you think you have. It's simply a public safety measure during a time of a world wide pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 88April 20, 2021 4:34 AM

When I'm out walking my dog in the neighborhood and walk by what are obviously paranoid idiots, walking alone with a mask on. I feel like yelling out "boo, yea better keep wearing that little mask, otherwise, you might get infected walking all alone there." But I usually just laugh and let them wonder what I am laughing about.

by Anonymousreply 89April 20, 2021 2:57 PM

R89 it is a bit much if they were alone. However, you sound like the loveliest person. Just such a kind and caring individual.

by Anonymousreply 90April 20, 2021 3:04 PM

[Quote] It's becoming more apparent that the numbers being reported especially in non western countries are skewed if not inaccurate.

Just because you want them to be inaccurate because they make America look bad doesn’t make them so

by Anonymousreply 91April 20, 2021 3:19 PM

[quote]But I usually just laugh and let them wonder what I am laughing about.

Out loud or a muffled smirk?

by Anonymousreply 92April 20, 2021 3:49 PM

R88, the best is when they walk into a private business and say that shit about rights and freedumbz. Like who the fuck are you to walk into someone's livelihood and say that shit?

They seem to mistake their obnoxious sense of entitlement for an infringement on their freedom.

by Anonymousreply 93April 20, 2021 6:09 PM

R93 That really irritates me too.

by Anonymousreply 94April 20, 2021 6:25 PM

r89 they're not wearing the mask to avoid getting the virus on a solo walk, they're wearing it in community solidarity. It's a message that they care for others, and they recognize that we're all in this together.

by Anonymousreply 95April 20, 2021 6:35 PM

[quote] some Democrats are willing to eat there own,

Oh, dear!

[quote] if more vaccine deniers would get informed than maybe things could get better quicker.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 96April 20, 2021 9:44 PM

I expect to be wearing a mask for the long run.

by Anonymousreply 97April 20, 2021 10:18 PM

I guess this whole thing being temporary was always a scam. I laughed at everyone calling this the Great Reset but I realize now that I probably shouldn't have ever laughed. They will have us wearing masks until the end of time. What they are doing is both really evil and really ingenious. Ever since this pandemic started, I had no problem following the rules. I thought they were necessary and ought to be done for the greater good. As the weeks became months, I thought mostly the same way, believing most of what Fauci and other health experts were saying. As things started opening up, I still didn't go out, not because I thought I couldn't protect myself, but because there was nothing worthwhile to do. I find that to still be the case today. Although things may be opening up, things are just not the same. I rather work out at home or outside than with a mask at the gym, I rather talk to my friends on the phone, then hang out at a bar where I can't scope out the men because of their masks, In my mind, everything I associate with leaving the house has to do with dumb errands.

And just like that, I realized that's the plan. At the end of the day, no one will care about leaving behind a life they can't even remember. No one will remember what it's like to greet someone while walking down the street, or meeting people in person, or having socialized and developmentally healthy young adults, or going on a random date because why the hell not, and perhaps most notably having a society where low and middle income people can still make a living through their small business.

by Anonymousreply 98April 21, 2021 12:08 AM

Pity, this

Latest excuse for why

All things are

Not going according to plan

Does not satisfy me

Even one

Miniscule

Insignificant amount, and nobody

Could possibly

Be stupid enough to believe everything they

Yell at the top of their lungs is the gospel?

Can we get some

Honesty

In here

Now

At once?

by Anonymousreply 99April 21, 2021 12:24 AM

[quote]The Doomers are the fucking freaks who won’t get vaccinated and wear MF mask until we have herd immunity.

That's quite the non-existent straw dog you just knocked down there. Good for you! Have a COVID-infected cookie.

by Anonymousreply 100April 21, 2021 12:26 AM

[quote]They will have us wearing masks until the end of time.

To what end? How do “they” benefit from universal mask wearing?

[quote]No one will remember what it's like to greet someone while walking down the street, or meeting people in person, or having socialized and developmentally healthy young adults, or going on a random date because why the hell not, and perhaps most notably having a society where low and middle income people can still make a living through their small business.

MARY!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 101April 21, 2021 12:27 AM

I’m fully vaccinated and a mask myself outdoors and distance myself when not. If drinking or eating I stay outdoors

by Anonymousreply 102April 21, 2021 12:30 AM

[quote] To what end? How do “they” benefit from universal mask wearing?

It's not the universal mask wearing as much as it has to do with having more restrictions and keeping people isolated. They literally have a captive audience with lots of disposable income. They are doing just fine.

by Anonymousreply 103April 21, 2021 12:38 AM

Okay, how do “they” benefit from keeping everybody isolated?

“They” aren’t even doing a good job of it, given the astonishing rate of infection in this country.

by Anonymousreply 104April 21, 2021 12:46 AM

[quote]It's not the universal mask wearing as much as it has to do with having more restrictions and keeping people isolated. They literally have a captive audience with lots of disposable income. They are doing just fine.

Who is "they"? Dr. Fauci --who after decades of public service-- had to get security for himself and his family?

The governor of MI who had her life threatened over this?

NYC --the epicenter of global finance-- losing tons of business?

You tell us how "they" benefit from watching the global economy go to shit. You tell us how "they" benefit from any of this. You tell us how "they" in the airline industry or hotel or tourism or restaurants or everything that makes a society function suddenly going to shit helps benefit "they."

What exactly is the end game? Because I have news for you: No number of guns will protect you from billionaires who could easily buy a military and smoke your ass - if the intent were simply to kill you.

by Anonymousreply 105April 21, 2021 1:03 AM

I don't understand the Fox Mulder's on DL who think living in a pandemic and what that means to public safety is somehow a government plot to do....what? Make us comply?

I got news for you, this shit is happening all over the planet. Everyone got the memo. India just had almost 300,000 new cases again today. This is simply the reality of what happens when a virus takes over the world. Get a grip and wear your mask until the virus dies out. And it will.

by Anonymousreply 106April 21, 2021 1:18 AM

I"m fully-vaccinated. Wear a mask for two reasons: first, because I know that even though I'm fully-vaccinated I might still carry the disease. That's, like, duh, something that was never in question.

Second, I realize that every nit-wit is just waiting for the chance to go maskless under the pretense that they're vaccinated (not). To tell the truth, I'm baffled why numb-nuts are enthralled by the idea of spreading the disease. There will be scholarly papers written about this. By not wearing a mask, I don't want to contribute to these idiots' delusions.

by Anonymousreply 107April 21, 2021 1:23 AM

[quote] Second, I realize that every nit-wit is just waiting for the chance to go maskless under the pretense that they're vaccinated (not). To tell the truth, I'm baffled why numb-nuts are enthralled by the idea of spreading the disease. There will be scholarly papers written about this. By not wearing a mask, I don't want to contribute to these idiots' delusions.

How do you know their immunity status?

[quote] Get a grip and wear your mask until the virus dies out. And it will.

Who says it will? It's looking more like something that will still be around but pose very little risk for those with immunity.

by Anonymousreply 108April 21, 2021 1:53 AM

[quote] Vaccines are not developed to contain the spread, you halfwit. They are developed to protect the recipient from getting ill when infected.

Why do people keep saying this?

If this was the case, then we wouldn’t have breakthrough infections occurring ONLY <.05% of the time in fully vaccinated people. Infections would be FAR more common.

Unless you’re being pedantic, in the sense that you mean someone might come into contact with the virus (“infection”) but their immune defenses make quick work of it, either due to full vaccination or prior infection. But I don’t think that’s how you mean it.

It sounds like you really think fully vaccinated people get infected with it, are asymptomatic (and obviously don’t get sick or seriously ill or die) but are fully capable of spreading it to others. That’s not the case.

Vaccines stop the spread, because for the virus to actually keep infecting other people, they have to “set up shop” in a person, replicate, and thrive—creating a viral load high enough in the host for the host to then spread it by sneezing or coughing. The virus isn’t just free floating out there infecting everyone, including fully vaccinated people and those previously infected.

by Anonymousreply 109April 21, 2021 2:07 AM

R98 Holy SHIT. Either you’re high or need meds but THANK YOU for that batshit post. That was entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 110April 21, 2021 3:07 AM

[quote] I rather work out at home or outside than with a mask at the gym, I rather talk to my friends on the phone,

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 111April 21, 2021 11:29 AM

[quote] Masks actually work better than the vaccines but they are a pain in the ass

You have a link to some data?

by Anonymousreply 112April 21, 2021 12:31 PM

Lol that someone here thinks wearing masks is some part of a plan. No way does the government love masks that much. You can't see faces to identify a person. Before this, if you would've walked in a store with a hoodie pulled up you would've been considered suspicious, let alone going in with a masked face.

I love the masks in a world with assholes and their cameras going. Getting caught in the background of their stupid selfie or video. Even the chance to be publicly mocked online because wearing something weird that day, so an idiot took a picture. I like blending into the crowd.

by Anonymousreply 113April 21, 2021 1:33 PM

[quote]having socialized and developmentally healthy young adults

Well, that certainly never existed.

by Anonymousreply 114April 21, 2021 1:36 PM

I think the best the vaccines will do is lessen symptoms and duration, which is better than nothing. Covid is gonna be hanging around like a bad case of herpes for a very long time.

by Anonymousreply 115April 21, 2021 1:39 PM

Does Dr. Fauci think that some people advertently, i.e. purposely, infect others? Obviously the "inadvertence" here refers to the vaccinated person's unawareness that he or she is carrying the virus.

by Anonymousreply 116April 21, 2021 1:43 PM

AKA common knowledge. Too bad common knowledge ain't so common anymore.

by Anonymousreply 117April 21, 2021 2:02 PM

I didn't believe Fauci when he said there was no need to wear a mask. It didn't pass the smell test. I do think it hurt his credibility, but trump's behavior was by far the most damaging.

I've been double masking since masks became available. I get my second Pfizer vax next Tuesday. I can't wait to get this pandemic behind us.

by Anonymousreply 118April 21, 2021 2:19 PM

[quote] I think the best the vaccines will do is lessen symptoms and duration, which is better than nothing.

Jesus fucking Christ

by Anonymousreply 119April 21, 2021 3:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!