Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hey Fat Whores. Any luck with this miracle cure?

How an you look svelte when you're bloated with all that intestinal gas?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 14, 2022 2:05 AM

Your farts will propel you into space.

by Anonymousreply 1April 18, 2021 10:58 AM

I haven't eaten that exact cabbage soup but I've cooked other versions earlier when losing weight. Cabbage soups can be awesome if you pair them with the right products. I usually did it with cooked soy meat I fried in olive oil and then seasoned with soy sauce. You get nice saltiness that makes the cabbage soup taste wonderful. And my stomach thanked me since there were never any stomach aches I tend to get with my normal not too healthy diet. I don't remember being super gassy but since I usually schedule my weight loss diet on a holiday or when staying long time in my apartment alone it could be that I just didn't pay that much attention to it.

BTW, if you make tons of cabbage soup and then prepare portions by packing it in small containers (and top them with the soy sauce soy meat) it's so much easier to keep your eating regular and easy. When losing weight it's important to eat small portions every two to three hours so your metabolism won't slow down and your blood sugar levels stay steady.

by Anonymousreply 2April 18, 2021 12:22 PM

My brother did something like that. Pretty effective, after a few days he just had to look at that damn cabbage soup and he'd lose all appetite. It was pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 3April 18, 2021 12:39 PM

This is no different than eating vegetables and drinking water for a week.

by Anonymousreply 4April 18, 2021 12:51 PM

Something tells me OP is single and farts all night.

by Anonymousreply 5April 18, 2021 12:55 PM

R4 - are you aware that vegetarian have things like vitamins?

by Anonymousreply 6April 18, 2021 1:18 PM

The cabbage soup diet was a fad at least 20 years ago. I guess it works until you get sick to death of cabbage and quit.

by Anonymousreply 7April 18, 2021 1:37 PM

That isn’t food. That is what food eats.

by Anonymousreply 8April 18, 2021 2:33 PM

Just make a good vegetable soup, add some peas for protein, and eat that with a salad for lunch or for dinner. The reason why this diet works is because it’s very low in calories. Eat sensible meals for breakfast and lunch, and you will lose weight.

I had the pleasure of tasting this soup when my mother was on a diet, and even though I like cabbage and soups, but this one tastes like dish water.

by Anonymousreply 9April 18, 2021 2:37 PM

It's really good if you add some chuck steak an sour cream.

by Anonymousreply 10April 18, 2021 2:38 PM

If cabbage gives you a lot of gas, you have a weak constitution. Most people digest it normally, without producing excess gas.

by Anonymousreply 11April 18, 2021 2:39 PM

You are honestly better off on the all-meat diet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 18, 2021 2:47 PM

I tried making the soup years ago, but Fucked it up like it was something out of Allrecipe.

I don’t buy canned food, so I had to replace all the canned tomato with fresh ones. I don’t use powders, so I added extra onions and garlic to the celery/carrot I started on the stove with some oil. I added endive and boc choy to the cabbage to get them out of the crisper - as well as fresh corn.

It was a good autumn meal starter that replaced salad and called for rich brown buttered bread.

by Anonymousreply 13April 18, 2021 3:04 PM

This was called the Dolly Parton Diet twenty years ago. No one knew why, including Dolly!

by Anonymousreply 14April 18, 2021 4:25 PM

I still make a pot of this cabbage soup every once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 15August 14, 2022 12:59 AM

I’d need to have each bowl with a loaf of bread and butter.

by Anonymousreply 16August 14, 2022 1:01 AM

This recipe is boring. I sauté the vegetables first, in some fat (bacon is best). I also use chicken or beef bouillon and at the end, add a sweet and sour to make it even better. A tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon of brown sugar.

by Anonymousreply 17August 14, 2022 1:21 AM

Just have a salad for dinner if you want to lose weight. You may technically lose weight with this but you will still look really bloated.

by Anonymousreply 18August 14, 2022 1:25 AM

I make cabbage soup, but I do use oil and caramelize onions for the base. I use either mushrooms or carrots, depending on whether I can find mushrooms at the store. Celery, yes.

I don't eat ONLY cabbage soup, but I do substitute it for meals. Yes, it does help keep my weight in check, even if I eat a little bit of cheese with the soup.

Actually, it's delicious, esp. with mushrooms.

by Anonymousreply 19August 14, 2022 2:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!