Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How Would Joan Rivers Be Faring Today?

Given all this cancel culture and no one can say anything offensive AT ALL, I wonder how Joan Rivers would fare today?

She's made fun of Princess Diana in the past; I wonder what she'd have to say about Meghan.

Bill Maher quipped the other night that Prince Harry was sixth in line to a job that has no pressure. That's something that Joan might have said.

by Anonymousreply 113June 21, 2021 5:35 PM

Joan Rivers was a personal friend of Charles and Camilla she would have ripped Meghan to shreds. That being said, I honestly believe Joan Rivers would have been "cancelled" during the Trump era because I suspect she would have (at least initially) supported him.

by Anonymousreply 1April 18, 2021 3:37 AM

How Would Joan Rivers Be Farting Today?

by Anonymousreply 2April 18, 2021 3:37 AM

[quote]no one can say anything offensive AT ALL

LIDERULLY 🙄

by Anonymousreply 3April 18, 2021 3:40 AM

See the clip----"I ADORE Donald Trump"........Joan would have gone all TRUMP---she loved him.........That would not have been good for her career....Her TV show with Melissa would have been cancelled...Her Fashion Police show would have been cancelled. No doubt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 18, 2021 3:49 AM

"Bill Maher quipped the other night that Prince Harry was sixth in line to a job that has no pressure. That's something that Joan might have said."

Correct, because it wasn't funny.

by Anonymousreply 5April 18, 2021 4:01 AM

I actually think, besides any Trump love, her being non PC would give her a surprising audience. A lot of us are sick of this woke shit! We need a champion who can call it out for what it is and provide comic relief while doing it.

by Anonymousreply 6April 18, 2021 4:02 AM

Of course they asked what color the baby would be. Everyone knows orange and black don't go together unless it is for Halloween or some damn outfit Lara Flynn Boyle wore to the Globes.

by Anonymousreply 7April 18, 2021 4:08 AM

Joan was smart, when she could see the writing on the wall with Trump she would have just said nothing either way, she'd just talk about other things but Trump. She'd still have an audience because people are sick of PC woke and she was loaded, she didn't have to work, she could say what she wanted. She'd have taken the piss out of Greta Thurnburg and Markle, she'd still be having plastic surgery and still be giving no fucls.

by Anonymousreply 8April 18, 2021 4:09 AM

“Disgraced comedienne Joan Rivers refuses to walk back her comments about mass shootings. Says Americans deserve what they get.”

by Anonymousreply 9April 18, 2021 4:15 AM

Joan felt she owed Trump as a result of her win on Celebrity Apprentice. In her documentary, Joan credits Trump/The Apprentice for giving her relevance again. That being said, she would have totally made fun of Trump even Melissa has said Joan wasn't personally fond of him but felt she owed him something.

R6 Joan was always an anti-PC spokesperson. Woke culture is the opposite side of white supremacy: they are both a form a fascism.

by Anonymousreply 10April 18, 2021 4:17 AM

[quote] How Would Joan Rivers Be Faring Today?

She would be clawing away frantically at the underside of her coffin lid until she ran out of air.

by Anonymousreply 11April 18, 2021 4:19 AM

Imagine her joking about Hunter Biden! lol

by Anonymousreply 12April 18, 2021 4:21 AM

People say offensive things all the time, OP. They just get criticized for them. Freedom of speech doesn't mean Freedom From Criticism

BTW, she was a Republican and probably would have looked down on you

by Anonymousreply 13April 18, 2021 4:21 AM

Only a true moron like r10 would think being "woke" is the same thing as Fascism. Holding people accountable for their actions is not Fascism, you Tucker Carlson wannabe

by Anonymousreply 14April 18, 2021 4:23 AM

If Joan were alive today, she would be nearly 88.

by Anonymousreply 15April 18, 2021 4:24 AM

[quote] Joan was smart, when she could see the writing on the wall with Trump she would have just said nothing either way, she'd just talk about other things but Trump.

You're wrong. Trashy, rich New Yorkers stick together. Joan would have loved him being president. Most very wealthy NYers didn't support trump but they also didn't say anything about him. That's rich NY trash, for you. You see how they all still loved epstein, even after his arrest and jail time

Joan used to tell boring, lame, tired old jokes about people who were popular in the 1970s / 80s

by Anonymousreply 16April 18, 2021 4:24 AM

You morons sound like Josh Hawley. Claiming you're being silenced but not being even remotely silent about how you're such a victim

by Anonymousreply 17April 18, 2021 4:25 AM

Joan was smart, when she could see the writing on the wall with Trump she would have just said nothing either way, she'd just talk about other things but Trump.

You're wrong. Trashy, rich New Yorkers stick together. Joan would have loved him being president. Most very wealthy NYers didn't support trump but they also didn't say anything about him. That's rich NY trash, for you. You see how they all still loved epstein, even after his arrest and jail time

you just contradicted yourself

by Anonymousreply 18April 18, 2021 4:27 AM

Republicans aren't funny. Hardly any really funny people are Trumpsters. Most comedians are pretty damn liberal.

The truth hurts

by Anonymousreply 19April 18, 2021 4:28 AM

"A lot of us are sick of this woke shit! We need a champion who can call it out for what it is and provide comic relief while doing it."

What are you talking about? You elected a person like this as president.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 18, 2021 4:32 AM

Joan's last public statement was a doozie. 2 weeks later she was dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 18, 2021 4:38 AM

Her and Candace Owens doing a cross country tour is all I see now LOL

by Anonymousreply 22April 18, 2021 4:41 AM

R21 Is wrong that I laughed out loud at this video hahahaha.

by Anonymousreply 23April 18, 2021 4:42 AM

people change allegiances all the time so who knows

by Anonymousreply 24April 18, 2021 5:05 AM

R13, are you kidding?

People actually can't say anything more without being canceled.

I met Joan a few times, briefly, professionally. Class act. Loved her.

I think she would have survived this. The woman made Princess Diana jokes.

by Anonymousreply 25April 18, 2021 5:08 AM

Joan died when Carson fired her.

by Anonymousreply 26April 18, 2021 5:56 AM

R26, you're funny...not really though.

Joan's daytime talk show after Edgar died put her on the comeback. She won a Daytime Emmy for it and was on her way back.

She worked a lot throughout her life, especially at the end.

I think she would have found a way to make fun of Trump but in a way in which he would have laughed.

by Anonymousreply 27April 18, 2021 5:59 AM

Joan got over Edgar's death a lot quicker than she got over Carson's firing, which she never got over. His ultimate revenge was that her humor turned so cruel, bitter and sadistic, very much indicative of her own personality. People so quickly forget what a joke she was when she hosted the Red Carpet for E! and couldn't even remember famous celeb's names. She herself was so inept that she couldn't even do the Fashion Updates without writers. She herself was pretty grotesque, physically and professionally, when she died.

I'll give her credit. Her forays into various mediums have resulted in projects that are among the worst of all time: Rabbit Test, Fun City and The Joan and Melissa Rivers Story.

Oh, and you gave yourself away but suggesting Trump would have laughed at anyone who made fun of him.

by Anonymousreply 28April 18, 2021 6:08 AM

In her documentary "A Piece of Work" she made a lot of money performing at conservative senior organizations and selling her jewelry on QVC, so she probably wouldn't have either side too upset with her

by Anonymousreply 29April 18, 2021 6:11 AM

r11 please, she would have clawed her way out to make it a movie of the week written, directed, produced and starring melissa... she'd also be having a lesbian relationship with dame shirley bassey to bypass the trump fiasco and for shirley to slip her some sloppy tongue every time biden speaks like a dottering senile ol fool or sniffs another uncomfortable woman. hard to say how she'd react to sharon osbourne. she'd probably take over the talk

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 18, 2021 6:17 AM

She was pretty savvy and would probably know better than to say anything supportive of Trump publicly

by Anonymousreply 31April 18, 2021 6:21 AM

her humor only got really nasty after Edgar's suicide. She was depressed, bitter, angry and depressed. Very sad really.

by Anonymousreply 32April 18, 2021 6:35 AM

Like all bullies, Joan could dish it out but couldn't take it.

by Anonymousreply 33April 18, 2021 6:40 AM

Was it really a suicide? Has that been totally proven? Because, I've got to say I've had some doubts.

by Anonymousreply 34April 18, 2021 6:41 AM

Joan was a hypocritical piece of shit. She used the excuse of being a comedian to say vile, racist crap about people and even made below the belt personal attacks. Yet this cunt would be furious if anyone said anything about her fugly daughter or about Israel.

by Anonymousreply 35April 18, 2021 6:58 AM

She started going all racist against Asian women because she said they're stealing all the Jewish men. She even pulled her eyes back, which is ironic since all the plastic surgery she got already made her eyes Asiatic.

by Anonymousreply 36April 18, 2021 7:05 AM

If Joan’s material still worked, Melissa would have stolen it. What does she do now? A podcast?

by Anonymousreply 37April 18, 2021 8:54 AM

She was funny before her husband killed himself and life made her bitter. In her final twenty years or so, she was an old salty Republicunt. I honestly could not stand her towards the end.

by Anonymousreply 38April 18, 2021 9:24 AM

[quote]when she could see the writing on the wall with Trump she would have just said nothing either way, she'd just talk about other things but Trump

She wasn't able to control herself when it came to the Obamas and her claims Barack was secretly gay and Michelle was a secret tranny. She wasn't able to control herself when it came to Palestinians and she said she thought all of them, especially the kids, should be exterminated.

There's no way she would have kept her yap shut about Trump. She would have said something offensive and flamed out like Roseanne.

She would have also defended Louis CK and trashed the ladies who got stuck in his room watching him jerk off, and other things along those lines.

I mean, come on, the freakshow piece of shit even sounded exactly like Trump.

[quote]"When you declare war, you declare war. They started it. We now don't count who's dead. You're dead, you deserve to be dead," she yelled, offering no sympathy for the civilians who have died in Gaza, including children. "At least the ones who were killed, were the ones with very low IQs," she said.

by Anonymousreply 39April 18, 2021 9:52 AM

r39 yeah, but she was a comedian, she wasn't running the country

by Anonymousreply 40April 18, 2021 9:55 AM

[quote]her humor only got really nasty after Edgar's suicide

She must have been nasty before Edgar's suicide, because it's been obvious since it happened that he killed himself in part because she blamed him for much of what happened. Melissa didn't make that up out of thin air, she knew her mom had been berating Edgar for their failures.

by Anonymousreply 41April 18, 2021 9:58 AM

A dementia riddled Joan could have been a hoot.

by Anonymousreply 42April 18, 2021 10:05 AM

Suck it up, R40, your freak-faced heroine Joan Rivers was a piece of shit. "Well, she wasn't president" isn't an excuse for the crazy anti-liberal, anti-Democratic, hateful shit she said day in and day out for years.

She campaigned for Republicans and appeared at conventions, like the one for Reagan in 1984, long before Edgar died and she crashed and burned with the talk show. She didn't become a hateful Republican because of a hard life, she was ALWAYS a hateful Republican.

Here's another doozy of a quote from her:

[quote]Interviewer: One of the most surprising things to me is that you’re a Republican…

[quote]Joan Rivers: How can you not be? How can anyone not be? How can you live in a country when you can not say the Pledge of Allegiance anymore?

Anyone who thinks Joan would have been just fine in recent years is deluding themselves. Actually, anyone who thinks Joan was ever on our side is deluding themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 18, 2021 10:06 AM

She'd have been co-anchor on "Fox and Friends".

by Anonymousreply 44April 18, 2021 10:21 AM

I wish they'd release all the Fashion Police episodes and her E! red carpet specials on DVD. Or are they available on some streaming service?

by Anonymousreply 45April 18, 2021 10:24 AM

The royal family are dogs! DOGS!

I mean.....

Just yell outside! "Queenie! Duke! Prince!" See what shows up!

by Anonymousreply 46April 18, 2021 10:27 AM

[quote] you just contradicted yourself

No I didn't. Most rich NYers hate trump. But most of them didn't call him out. And if he moved back to NY, and they saw him at parties/events, they would act like he didn't do anything wrong. Wealthy, NY trash, sticks together

And the people who were friends/associated with Jeffrey epstein, continued to associate with him after he went to jail, and go to dinners at his house. That's just how rich, NY trash is

There's something wrong with you to think is contradictory. These are absolute FACTS

by Anonymousreply 47April 18, 2021 10:39 AM

Fellow ultra conservative Ben Stein did a hit piece on her in GQ and she gave a blubbering press conference announcing she was hitting him with a 50 million dollar libel lawsuit. Her stupid press conference also had Melissa onstage and she pulled her up and said how terrible it was to subject someone so young and innocent to such hate. It really made you wonder who this woman was.

Very interesting DL thread on the lawsuit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 18, 2021 2:02 PM

Joan, like most people. was full of contradictions, although probably moreso than most She was a deeply insecure person, most notably concerning her appearance- obviously- but also money and status. Not unlike the Bouvier sisters, Joan was bought up in a semi privileged home by a mother who was obsessed by appearances and social status, these things were bred into her. and never left her. One had to be beautiful, educated, successful, well-dressed and marry well. She also seemed to believe she had never been loved and that that was a direct consequence of her assumed unattractiveness. From all accounts Joan was a good person in private with family, friends and fans, but a happy person doesn't generate the nastiness that came from her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 49April 18, 2021 2:13 PM

Joan would have been canceled like Sharon Osbourne but without the big payout

by Anonymousreply 50April 18, 2021 2:14 PM

I know her only from Fashion Police but I thought she was hilarious on it. I know pretty much all of her jokes were written for her by others but she had great timing and deadpan style of delivering them. My favorite joke was when she commented on some low-cut dress: "That dress is like the Anne Frank house - all the party's happening upstairs".

by Anonymousreply 51April 18, 2021 2:23 PM

"I think she would have found a way to make fun of Trump but in a way in which he would have laughed."

I don't think you've been paying attention. Trump NEVER laughs at himself. He can't laugh at himself. He never has been able to take a joke at his expense. If made to, he gets a very tight, wide psychotic grin on his face and you can see he's in pain from having to behave. Joan, as smart as she could be, would not be able to change that psychotic personality flaw of his.

by Anonymousreply 52April 18, 2021 2:25 PM

Joan once also said that you never, ever get on the wrong side of Trump, that he had ways and means of getting back at you.

by Anonymousreply 53April 18, 2021 2:27 PM

I think she would have been one of the few to defend Kathy Griffin after the ketchup-on-mask photo and, like Griffin, would be made to pay bitterly for it.

by Anonymousreply 54April 18, 2021 2:28 PM

Joan was great. The documentary on her was great.

No comedian is sane or calm, anyway. You have to have some issues to get out there and lay out your soul like that.

by Anonymousreply 55April 18, 2021 4:02 PM

I think she would have redeemed the world!

by Anonymousreply 56April 18, 2021 4:06 PM

Joan would've lost her career, because the audience would've finally realized: Man, she really IS a cunt.

She dumped her own writers during the writer's strike. She drove her own husband to suicide.

The issue with social media is that it does draw you closer to your idol of choice. Look how many celebs are being undone by managing their own social media presence. And she would've shared the same fate as Roseanne, no doubt.

And those incels whining about "woke" cancel culture are just pissed that actions now do have consequences even for them and their douchebag heroes who believe that their self-declared privilege shields them from any consequence of their actions.

by Anonymousreply 57April 18, 2021 4:17 PM

It's not like anyone under thirty was following her act. Adults have grown up with her and likely wouldn't be offended by anything she would have said in the last few years.

by Anonymousreply 58April 18, 2021 4:32 PM

r58, they would've IF she had gone all in for Trump. The Gays were a big demographic for her. And the Gays would not have tolerated a pro Trump comedian. No way.

Of course, nobody can say for sure if she would've been a vocal Trump supporter, but she really seemed to have a tight bond with him since her Celebrity Apprentice days.

by Anonymousreply 59April 18, 2021 6:08 PM

The fact that she spent many Thanksgivings delivering food to homebound AIDS patients indicates her alliances

by Anonymousreply 60April 18, 2021 6:48 PM

A friend of mine worked on her last series with her daughter. It was a reality show - all faked. The conflicts, the fights - all scripted. I am told she was a lot of fun in real life as well.

by Anonymousreply 61April 18, 2021 6:56 PM

It's always weird to me how loyal her fans are (and some of the posts on this thread show) given how conservative she was on many issues and how nasty she could be. It's like Madonna fans who still stick with their heroine no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 62April 18, 2021 7:03 PM

I still find it difficult to believe that Joan and Melissa never received Emmys for their engaging and talented performances in the made for TV movie " Tears and Laughter: The Joan and Melissa Rivers Story".

by Anonymousreply 63April 18, 2021 7:05 PM

R62 even you can't stop thinking about Madonna

by Anonymousreply 64April 18, 2021 7:09 PM

“You’re a poker player, that’s beyond white trash”.

The only Joan Rivers quote I ever got any mileage out of.

by Anonymousreply 65April 18, 2021 7:10 PM

You have to respect any 81-year old woman who admits that her vagina farts are so loud that her gynecologist needs to wear ear plugs

by Anonymousreply 66April 18, 2021 7:15 PM

"Michael Jackson just bid on the body".

Eddie Murphy after Edgar died

by Anonymousreply 67April 18, 2021 7:17 PM

jerry lewis on joan river's death

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 18, 2021 7:20 PM

r68

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 18, 2021 7:21 PM

the goop fans are alive and well in this thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 18, 2021 7:22 PM

piece

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 18, 2021 7:25 PM

[quote] I don't think you've been paying attention. Trump NEVER laughs at himself. He can't laugh at himself. He never has been able to take a joke at his expense.

Wasn't Trump roasted on Comedy Central? I could see her doing something like that.

by Anonymousreply 72April 18, 2021 7:27 PM

I loved Joan but she left this world at the right time. The press would've eaten her alive.

by Anonymousreply 73April 18, 2021 7:28 PM

R68 Didn't Jerry Lewis hate everybody at the end of his life? His is a sad story.

by Anonymousreply 74April 18, 2021 7:29 PM

Oh, grow up, the woman who lived in this house was a Trumper to the bone...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 18, 2021 7:34 PM

What’s wrong with being a Polka Player?

by Anonymousreply 76April 18, 2021 7:44 PM

^ Polkas get very upset when you play them, Rose

by Anonymousreply 77April 18, 2021 7:49 PM

Joan has style and her apartment was beautiful and luxurious. The colors, the antiques, art and furnishings showed she had great classic taste. She made these selections herself. This apartment could have been in Paris. She was a collector of Faberge and used to attend exhibitions that she loaned things, too. Trump had no taste - his was a Las Vegas or Miami style, crude and overblown. He was never a collector of anything, except wives and porn stars.

by Anonymousreply 78April 18, 2021 7:50 PM

Jerry Lewis said no women are funny, so fuck him.

My favorite stand-up comedians are women and that includes JOY BEHAR.

by Anonymousreply 79April 18, 2021 7:51 PM

I'm not the scat troll, but does anyone else keep reading this as "How Would Joan Rivers Be Farting Today?"

by Anonymousreply 80April 18, 2021 7:52 PM

[quote]Jerry Lewis said no women are funny, so fuck him.

That was Jim Belushi.

Joan was awful person, she's like trump where she could dish it out but she could not take it. I'm glad she's dead.

by Anonymousreply 81April 18, 2021 10:21 PM

John Belushi.

by Anonymousreply 82April 18, 2021 10:22 PM

The Meghan trolls are finding new ways to spew their hatred.

by Anonymousreply 83April 18, 2021 10:26 PM

R78 sometimes talks about Joan in the present tense and Trump in the past tense. Is r78 stuck in a time warp?

by Anonymousreply 84April 18, 2021 10:29 PM

R81 Jerry Lewis still doesn't think women can be funny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85April 18, 2021 10:38 PM

R28, you're wrong; Trump did laugh over at least one impersonator -- Darrell Hammond.

He tweeted that Darrell should be brought back to SNL over Baldwin.

I'd tell you that Trump himself told me that he thought Hammond was funny. but you wouldn't believe me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 18, 2021 11:50 PM

Melissa said her mother was a liberal, left wing republican

by Anonymousreply 87April 19, 2021 2:30 AM

I’m a Producer!

by Anonymousreply 88April 19, 2021 3:20 AM

Melissa must have felt like Marie Antoinette the first time she was handed the keys and opened the door to her very own $28 million penthouse in Manhattan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 19, 2021 3:49 AM

Jerry Lewis was a fucking asshole until the day he died we’re really listening to anything he has to say? Anyway, just the way Blacks can say the N word and all that, Jews are allowed to make offensive jokes at their expense. Like she said, worry about the Mel Gibsons of this world.

I’ve watched a few of her YouTube interviews from her Fox show during the pandemic, and there was one with Rue McClanahan where she goes out of her way to praise Rivers’s staff. Contrast that with all the goings on of Ellen’s show - and that was someone who had the world convinced for so look that she was “The Queen of Nice.” By all accounts Joan was generous and loyal to those close to her and those who worked with her, which in this business is a rarity. So that comment about her staff stuck with me (especially on a show that was supposedly rife with problems from the outset)

Anyway who knows where she would have stood on all issues but she certainly would have been a needed breath of fresh air.

by Anonymousreply 90April 19, 2021 5:47 AM

Jerry Lewis appeared on Joan's first talk show and argued with the child rearing expert that children should be beaten. He came off as the complete asshole that he was and that everyone has said he is. Not sure why he'd go on her show if he felt she wasnt funny and set Jews back, but here he is. What a dick!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 19, 2021 6:37 AM

People change. Joan showed her true colors when her writers asked for a raise. Are you really a nice person when you can only be nice on your terms?

by Anonymousreply 92April 19, 2021 8:30 AM

I've never understood comedians who pay people to write for them, and then take all the recognition. How is that talent? Be interesting to know how much was her work and how much was other peoples.

by Anonymousreply 93April 19, 2021 8:36 AM

"Melissa must have felt like Marie Antoinette the first time she was handed the keys and opened the door to her very own $28 million penthouse in Manhattan "

Joan's own self-parody joke about her lavish penthouse was, "This is how Marie Antoinette would have lived if she had money". Even she recognized her house was over-the-top

by Anonymousreply 94April 19, 2021 9:32 AM

@r93, Isn't that like saying actors should write their own scripts? The "talent" is in the delivery of the written word

by Anonymousreply 95April 19, 2021 10:59 AM

Comic timing is as much a skill as writing a joke. Anyone who ever tried, and failed, to tell a joke knows that.

by Anonymousreply 96April 19, 2021 11:11 AM

That’s like saying “Alex Trebek just read Jeopardy answers.” Yet look at all the hosts auditioning for his spot - not one is even a tenth as good.

by Anonymousreply 97April 19, 2021 4:06 PM

Watching Joan Rivers's comedy often triggered flashbacks of my childhood bullying memories. It was disgusting how she publicly, cruelly criticized the looks of famous people's children (who had not chosen to be in the spotlight). She regularly used the word "ugly" to describe one politician's daughter. She should have been kinder about that, since she had her own insecurities about her own looks. She also regularly trashed Elizabeth Taylor for gaining weight in the late 70s and early 80s. In LIz' biography in the 80s, she said that after she lost weight, she ran into Joan, and Joan said that all of her bullying had been an attempt to motivate Liz into losing weight. Liz remarked that Joan that trying to "take credit" for her weight loss. I guess she recognized Joan for the lying, grasping, social-climbing suck-up that she was. I always got the feeling that Charles and Camilla were only friends with her because they were afraid of her and what she would say about them. It's just....

by Anonymousreply 98April 19, 2021 4:15 PM

Here is some rare footage of Joan Rivers in her first film appearance -- in a mid-60s 'B'-movie called 'Once Upon a Coffee House'. At that time, she was performing in a folk comedy trio. It was on Prime Video for a while as 'Hootenanny A Go-Go' but now it's only rent or buy. Need an extremely lame 60s movie to get high or go to sleep with? It's worth $3 for those reasons alone. Not to mention there are great musical guests like folksinger Oscar Brand, and my personal favourite the GoldeBriars, with an extremely young Curt Boettcher (60s pop music legend).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 19, 2021 5:04 PM

R98, of course no one wants to be made fun of.

But the image of Liz yelling at the microwave "HURRY", putting mayonnaise on aspirin, and pulling up in a pastry truck when she offered to bring dessert to a dinner party (I think that last one is one of Joan's) contrasted with her beautiful movie star image is funny.

Liz hated being fat and lied about it; she told Barbara Walters that she was okay with it; that she was fine; years later, after losing the weight, she told Babs that she had lied.

by Anonymousreply 100April 19, 2021 5:10 PM

Most of you would have liked (or not hated) Trump back in the day.

He was just another loud over the top realtor/TV personality. He was not political though he was friends with the Clintons and gave to liberal Democrats and their causes. Not an admirable guy, but a not overly objectionable clown.

But he was rapidly going broke and figured out that there was money to be made from ignorant right wingers, so started with the Birther thing, which his friends initially thought of as just a weird quirk--why would anyone care what Donald Trump thought about anything political, but then he ran for president and all hell broke loose.

by Anonymousreply 101April 19, 2021 5:24 PM

R101, yep, and that's when we started hating him -- stoking race wars, making fun of disabled reporters, the harassment, the bullying, lying about COVID, and inciting an insurrection.

hate him hate him hate him

by Anonymousreply 102April 19, 2021 6:05 PM

New Yorkers hated Trump from the start. They knew he was not just a phony, but a total sleazebag. He destroyed precious, historical art when building his NY Trump Tower, because he was too cheap to carefully remove it.

[quote] Upon learning about the historic building’s imminent demolition, and recognizing the cultural value of its ornamentation, the Metropolitan Museum of Art convinced Trump to remove portions of the historic facade and donate them to the institution. Trump agreed–on the condition that the cost to him would not be too high.

[quote] Soon he was backpedalling, after realizing that it would take two more weeks and $32,000–chump change considering the tower cost $100 million to construct–to properly take the reliefs off the building. Using his fake alter ago, a “Trump spokesperson” named John Baron, he told the New York Times in 1980: “The merit of these stones was not great enough to justify the efforts to save them.” His construction workers chopped up the metalwork with torches and let the sculptures fall to the ground to crack into smithereens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103April 19, 2021 6:45 PM

R103 was living in a small town about 40 miles southeast of Omaha at the time, but remembers...

by Anonymousreply 104April 19, 2021 8:22 PM

R90, you must be on crack. Joan treated her writers like shit and she paid them even worse

by Anonymousreply 105April 19, 2021 11:26 PM

[quote] You have to respect any 81-year old woman who admits that her vagina farts are so loud that her gynecologist needs to wear ear plugs

You find that hilarious? It's just stupid. You must be Joan's age

by Anonymousreply 106April 19, 2021 11:27 PM

Joan is lucky she died when she did and that her shitty jewelry still makes money for her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 107April 19, 2021 11:28 PM

[quote] Most of you would have liked (or not hated) Trump back in the day.

No. I've known about trump since the 1980s. He's always been a piece of shit. And I've always been amazed that anyone with money would live in a trump building or even go near him. He's always been admired by the lowest class of people

by Anonymousreply 108April 19, 2021 11:34 PM

Hating on someone for being what you consider to be "low class" is more a reflection on you R108

by Anonymousreply 109April 19, 2021 11:39 PM

R106 just another miserable day in your shitty life, huh?

by Anonymousreply 110April 19, 2021 11:39 PM

^^Whereas hating on someone for being a lying fascist scumbag and destroyer of the institution of the presidency is a whole other story.

by Anonymousreply 111April 19, 2021 11:40 PM

R111 lower your dosage freak

by Anonymousreply 112April 19, 2021 11:40 PM

Howard Stern has a Joan impersonator that comes on from time to time to report whats going on in heaven. She's actually hilarious, sounds just like her, and her jokes are right in line with what Joan herself would say if still around. She was on recently on Joan's birthday and said they were expecting a lot more people up in heaven soon due to "Covid 20" lol

by Anonymousreply 113June 21, 2021 5:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!