Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Classic Hollywood stars you SUSPECT had plastic surgery

Is it just me or does Audrey Hepburn's nose look different in her earlier pictures?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295June 27, 2021 9:05 AM

Rin-Tin-Tin.

Lassie.

Francis the Talk Mule.

by Anonymousreply 1April 18, 2021 2:45 AM

Dr. Frank Kamer was the nose guy in Bev Hills. My guess is he worked on Audrey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 18, 2021 2:49 AM

Julie Andrews and Doris Day seem to have had very subtle nose surgery. They seem to be a slightly bit more bulbous in photos when they are very young. Leslie Ann Warren and Lena Horne.

by Anonymousreply 3April 18, 2021 2:51 AM

Vivien Leigh looks different in her pre-Hollywood days

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 18, 2021 2:53 AM

Barbara Eden before the nose job

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 18, 2021 2:54 AM

Acting wasn't her primary profession (although she did appear in a handful of films) but I heavily suspect Patti Page had some major work done in the mid-50s.

In the late 40s/early 50s she had a round face and a figure that was quite zaftig. Around 1954 or 55, she re-emerged with not only a stick thin figure but facial features that were completely different. In her memoirs she claimed that it was the result of a strict diet, but I suspect it was something more.

The original Patti Page look in 1952................

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 18, 2021 2:54 AM

Patti Page post "dieting" in 1960.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 18, 2021 2:56 AM

Vivien Leigh aged gracefully, no surgery there. R4 is a troll

by Anonymousreply 8April 18, 2021 2:59 AM

Barbara Eden looked like a Troll presurgury. Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 9April 18, 2021 2:59 AM

I saw a Hedy Lamarr documentary some years back. They interviewed one of Ms. Lamarr's closest girlfriends. The friend said that as far back as the mid 40s when they were in their early 30s Hedy was already talking about "going in" for a FULL facelift!

Although her looks changed, Ms. Lamarr remained lovely throughout the 50s & 60s. But it was obvious that she had been "worked". She eventually disfigured herself from having too much surgery done to her face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 18, 2021 3:08 AM

Hedy definitely looked "refreshed"

by Anonymousreply 11April 18, 2021 4:29 AM

Here's Zsa Zsa Gabor with her original look in 1939.

The general consensus is that she had her face completely redone throughout the 1940s during her marriage to Conrad Hilton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 18, 2021 6:03 AM

Vivian Leigh was stunningly gorgeous any way you put it. Part of the reason I founder work in Streetcar so stunning was her almost wasted appearance in the film.

by Anonymousreply 13April 18, 2021 6:06 AM

Marilyn Monroe had a nose job

by Anonymousreply 14April 18, 2021 6:37 PM

Kirk Douglas, nose job around 1949, 1950 after he had already been in movies 3 or 4 years

by Anonymousreply 15April 18, 2021 6:47 PM

Barbara Stanwyck must have had a facelift, as her eyes got more and more almond shaped. June Allyson also, probably in the 1950s, and definitely when she was older. Jean Arthur had such a sharp jaw and youthful looks even when she was 40+ (born in 1900). The difference in those days is stars had *good* plastic surgery and it was hardly noticeable, unlike now. No idea why it's so bad now.

by Anonymousreply 16April 18, 2021 6:50 PM

Marlo Thomas

by Anonymousreply 17April 18, 2021 6:54 PM

DL fave Nanette Fabray had the mother of all nosejobs

Carolyn Jones also had a nosejob before she was famous

by Anonymousreply 18April 18, 2021 7:07 PM

OT but Russian Empress Maria Feodorvna left the capital for few months after her husband died and returned looking much younger. The gossip was she had had something done with her face. Back in those days it was painful and very risky.

by Anonymousreply 19April 18, 2021 7:14 PM

Babs had a nose job to keep her giant schnoz from drooping. It was done in her 40s.

It's obvious she's had much more done since.

by Anonymousreply 20April 18, 2021 7:23 PM

Rita Hayworth was always gorgeous but pre-1939 her Hispanic heritage was much more apparent in her looks. Biographers have written about the electrolysis she had performed on her hairline and her switch from raven to auburn tresses; but I suspect that there were other minor tweaks done to her face. Whatever the case, the results were fabulous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 18, 2021 7:37 PM

Barbara Bel Geddes (before)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 18, 2021 7:40 PM

Barbara Bel Geddes (after)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 18, 2021 7:43 PM

Crawford was remarkably unchanged over the years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 18, 2021 7:49 PM

R24, most of Crawford's facial changes over the years can be credited to natural aging & the makeup she used to create her "look". But she did go in for a full "freshening up" sometime in the early 50s. Probably just prior to "Torch Song". After that, any soft features that she once had were completely gone! But she remained a handsome, attractive woman for the rest of her life.

I don't know how true this is, so you can take it with a grain of salt. I read several years ago that when Crawford went in for that lift in the early 50s, her surgeon STRONGLY advised her to stop drinking while she recovered. Joanie didn't listen and that may be why she emerged with a harder look with more noticeable jowls.

by Anonymousreply 25April 18, 2021 8:05 PM

Another OT but Kiri Te Kanawa. It seems that nose surgery has little affect on how one sings.

by Anonymousreply 26April 18, 2021 8:10 PM

When did Hollywood start to use injectible silicone as filler? Early 1960s?

by Anonymousreply 27April 18, 2021 8:18 PM

What kind of nose jobs existed in the 1930s? I know that plastic surgeons in Germany were making big bucks giving nose jobs to Jewish girls, but were they able to fix bulbous nose tips at that point?

I don't think Vivien Leigh had plastic surgery, she aged too badly. I think she just got better photographers.

by Anonymousreply 28April 18, 2021 8:29 PM

R28 why are you making a distinction between fixing the tip (which is much more minor as you don’t even have to break the bone to do it) vs fixing the bridge and the whole nose.

A lot of these actresses like Marilyn Monroe had ok noses to start but basically just narrowed/refined the tip a bit - if that’s your biggest problem that’s not so bad. I would think anything involving the bone is much more complicated.

by Anonymousreply 29April 19, 2021 7:27 AM

Linda Hunt had very tastefully done breast implants.

by Anonymousreply 30April 19, 2021 7:28 AM

Wow, r12.

by Anonymousreply 31April 19, 2021 7:40 AM

Don't forget me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 19, 2021 7:43 AM

after

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 19, 2021 7:44 AM

There is a former Ziegfield Girl named Alice White who had a nose job and went platinum and became an actress, but I am having trouble finding older photos of her.

Jean Harlow's original nose was terrible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 19, 2021 7:52 AM

Yes, "No Nose Nanette" was a victim of the early Hollywood nose job. Ann Miller had one too (though not nearly as severe)

Dean Martin and Milton Berle had (more subtle) nose jobs early on in their careers. A Burt Lancaster biography mentions a quote where he says that he has undergone so much plastic surgery that, in his words: “the most real thing on my face are my eyes.”

While not surgical, a good many men had custom hairpieces made (many of them crafted by Max Factor). Nelson Eddy, Humphrey Bogart, Frank Sinatra, James Stewart (1950s onward), Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, Bing Crosby, Bobby Darin, Rex Harrison, George Maharis, John Wayne...

by Anonymousreply 35April 19, 2021 8:08 AM

Op put SUSPECT in CAPS. One assumes the criteria is unconfirmed or unknown. Everyone knows about the cases some of you are posting!

by Anonymousreply 36April 19, 2021 8:14 AM

I a thread asks stars you SUSPECT were gay, you aren't going to write Rock Hudson.

by Anonymousreply 37April 19, 2021 8:16 AM

Dean Martin had two nose jobs, I believe.

Dean's first nose:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 19, 2021 8:18 AM

Dean's second nose, and his third:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 19, 2021 8:18 AM

Neil Diamond had a modest nose job, going from this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 19, 2021 8:21 AM

...to this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 19, 2021 8:21 AM

Cher has been long rumored to have had surgery but if she has it's so subtle you can't tell.

by Anonymousreply 42April 19, 2021 8:21 AM

It's been suspected that Hollywood Beauty, Joan Van Ark has had a few nips and tucks but this can't be confirmed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 19, 2021 8:26 AM

R42 actually did have an excellent nose job - refined and yet the perfect shape and size for her face. If she didn’t become such a plastic surgery poster child in every other way people would realize that it’s very good work.

by Anonymousreply 44April 19, 2021 8:27 AM

[quote]When did Hollywood start to use injectible silicone as filler? Early 1960s?

Yes, that's when it started to be popular for breast augmentation (the gel implant was invented in 1962 but was cutting-edge and not widely available yet).

The widow of an LA plastic surgeon told an editor at [italic]Allure[/italic] that Marilyn Monroe went to her husband for help because she allegedly got silicone injections in the months before she died and her breasts became infected and painful. Elizabeth Taylor was rumored to have had her breasts injected as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 19, 2021 9:29 AM

The original, old-fashioned full facelift is brutal and risky, but it is so superior to contemporary mid-lifts with Botox and fillers. Those work well when a person is still relatively young, but once the face becomes more lax, more fillers have to be used and people end up looking like their faces are infected and burgeoning on exploding with infectious pus. I find the Bravo Housewives et al. to be terrifying looking. And now young women in their teens and 20s are getting disfiguring lip injections or implants and they look absolutely mutilated to me.

Joan Crawford looked amazing in her 50s. She looked her age, but she was the most striking and attractive version of her age she could have been. Brandi Glanville was gorgeous when she was young and by her 40s, she began to mutilate herself, and she's going to look like an absolute Frankenstein's monster within 10 years. It's sad to me that this kind of disfigurement now telegraphs status among wealthy women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 19, 2021 10:16 AM

R46, what it telegraphs is insecurity and dysmorphia. You don’t need to be wealthy to disfigure your face.

Truly excellent subtle work might be expensive, though.

by Anonymousreply 47April 19, 2021 10:20 AM

Did Julie Adams (from Creature From the Black Lagoon) have a nose job? I saw her in an episode of Night Gallery and her nose looked strange up close, kind of "pinched"

by Anonymousreply 48April 19, 2021 4:35 PM

I think I read somewhere that Lana Turner brought a picture of her young self to a plastic surgeon and asked him to make her look like that again. He looked at her like she was a crazy person and said 'Only God could do that.'

by Anonymousreply 49April 20, 2021 2:06 AM

I swear, Michael Jackson had SOMETHING done between 1980 and 2008 but I just can't put my finger on it...

by Anonymousreply 50April 20, 2021 2:19 AM

Michael Jackson was hardly "classic Hollywood"

by Anonymousreply 51April 20, 2021 2:33 AM

Rhonda Fleming was beautiful but had kind of a honker, she had her nose done and then she looked beautiful but very generic.

R39 Dean Martin also obviously had his hairline shaved back (or had electrolysis) ,but only on the side where his part was. The hairline is not natural. I noticed it in some of his movies but you can also see it in the third photo.

by Anonymousreply 52April 20, 2021 2:41 AM

Was this taken pre nose job? Her nose looks different in it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 20, 2021 2:48 AM

R53 I agree Audrey Hepburn probably had a nose job. This is from The Secret People (1952) which she made just before he first Hollywood film, Roman Holiday (1953).

Vivien Leigh looked a little different pre-Hollywood but I think it was her makeup and the fact that she had plucked, thin eyebrows., vs the natural eyebrows she grew out for GWTW, then kept.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 20, 2021 2:53 AM

R53 Sorry, I meant to reply to you in that post. The answer is yes.

by Anonymousreply 55April 20, 2021 2:54 AM

I think Robert Mitchum also had a nose job. he had a prominent nose anyway but it looks much bigger in this clip from The Human Comedy (1943). (With Barry Nelson, Don DeFore, Donna Reed, Dorothy Morris, Frank Morgan.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 20, 2021 3:07 AM

Jill St John looked like a totally different person

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 20, 2021 3:08 AM

Mitchum does look a little different

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 20, 2021 3:10 AM

[quote]The widow of an LA plastic surgeon told an editor at Allure that Marilyn Monroe went to her husband for help because she allegedly got silicone injections in the months before she died and her breasts became infected and painful.

Considering how well documented the last months of Monroe's life were, surprised this was given any weight.

No, just, no.

by Anonymousreply 59April 20, 2021 3:12 AM

Paulette Goddard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 20, 2021 3:47 AM

When did Marilyn Monroe do this photo shoot? I thought it was towards the end.

Because her boobs here don't look like they'd been injected with silicone, they look totally normal for a woman of 35-36.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 20, 2021 5:36 PM

Marilyn had a nose job but her boobs were real

by Anonymousreply 62April 20, 2021 5:50 PM

R61, I think you're right, she looks much older in that picture than she did in the 50s. It looks like it was taken in the 60s when she was shooting that movie where she got naked in the pool (the one where she wanted to knock Elizabeth Taylor off the top of the box office).

by Anonymousreply 63April 20, 2021 10:29 PM

Actually, r29, it's the opposite. Breaking the bones is fairly simple: they snap them away and move them around, shave them down if necessary, say to remove a dorsal hump, and then reset them. Work on the tip of the nose is much more difficult. Soft tissue requires more skill. It is not as easy to manipulate, it can shift post surgery, and it can also lose blood supply and die. Bone does not. I've had my nose done twice, because the tip was not right.

by Anonymousreply 64April 21, 2021 12:35 AM

R4 She was stunning! What work could she have even needed? Vivian Leigh was bipolar and had tuberculosis and those two illnesses did so take their toll but she somehow aged really well just all the same.

by Anonymousreply 65April 21, 2021 1:45 AM

^ Her nose looks a bit more bulbous than it did later on, though she was beautiful to begin with

by Anonymousreply 66April 21, 2021 1:54 AM

I realize I didn't say all I wanted to in r64 (damn I wish we could edit on here like on reddit). Anyway, as my surgeon has explained to me, snipping a little bit of cartilage out of the tip of the nose is fairly straightforward. The problems come when too much has been removed, and the tip has to be rebuilt. In my case, the surgeon who did my first rhinoplasty took out too much cartilage at the tip. When I had it redone a few years ago, he had to harvest cartilage from my ear to rebuild the tip.

by Anonymousreply 67April 21, 2021 2:05 AM

My doctor didn't take off enough bone so from the front some told me I looked exactly the same. A number of people knew I was getting a nose job and not one complemented me on it. I wanted to get another one but why spend the money and go through another ordeal.

And of course now that I'm getting older it's getting big. At least he got rid of the roman hook which I so hated and he didn't give me a ski slope.

by Anonymousreply 68April 21, 2021 4:38 PM

I think that Kate Hepburn had something done post 1938; her nostrils and mouth are decidedly different. When she signed with MGM in 1940, she looked much better. It could have been her makeup.

by Anonymousreply 69April 21, 2021 4:47 PM

R61 Marilyn had lost quite a bit of weight.

by Anonymousreply 70April 21, 2021 5:18 PM

Not a Hollywood star, but Elvira Quintana, a Mexican actress and singer popular during the '60s, died at 32 of kidney disease believed to have been caused by her silicone injections.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 21, 2021 7:37 PM

R21 I suspect Rita had a nose job to slim the tip of her nose.

by Anonymousreply 72April 21, 2021 7:46 PM

She looks like she did have a subtle nose job

by Anonymousreply 73April 21, 2021 8:06 PM

"Barbara Stanwyck must have had a facelift"

DUH, EVERYBODY - ALL of those old female stars had facelifts, the old fashioned more natural looking facelifts.

Barbara Eden's nose job looks much less than natural. Check out Tina Louise's, same deal.

As people get older, their nose grows and many, many celebrities have a little nose work when they have their facelifts. Like Shirley MacLaine, Barbara Walters, even Andy Williams!

Here's a nose job you probably would never have thought of - Burt Lancaster.

by Anonymousreply 74April 21, 2021 8:55 PM

[quote]I agree Audrey Hepburn probably had a nose job.

Audrey Hepburn had SEVERAL nose jobs. The 1950s Audrey is smaller than the attached adolescent Audrey. The 1960s Audrey is even smaller and thinner. Odd because it's so obvious, to me at least. Same with Lena Horne, whose nose got smaller and thinner each decade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 21, 2021 9:02 PM

Eden really had a honker in her early days.

by Anonymousreply 76April 21, 2021 11:16 PM

What did Eden's nose look like? I haven't seen it. For r76.

by Anonymousreply 77April 21, 2021 11:32 PM

R21, the before pic wasn't even that bad. I always found Rita's boxy hairline too distracting.

by Anonymousreply 78April 21, 2021 11:52 PM

Her boobs look really small there R61, but I'm not sure if it's because of the distortion of the scarf. Did she have her lips done as well?

by Anonymousreply 79April 22, 2021 12:25 AM

R74 Shirley MacLaine? I really don’t see that one.

by Anonymousreply 80April 22, 2021 2:37 AM

Marlo Thomas had a really terrible nose job. Her nostrils aren't even symmetrical.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81April 22, 2021 4:06 AM

Marlo on The Many Loves of Dobie Gills, pre nose job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 22, 2021 4:07 AM

Barbara Eden pre-rhinoplasty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83April 22, 2021 12:25 PM

[quote]Cher has been long rumored to have had surgery but if she has it's so subtle you can't tell.

WTF? It wasn't a rumor, it came from HER. Cher has openly publicized her plastic surgery going back to the 1970s: boob lift, chin implant, hairline work, teeth straightened, nose 'improvement.' .This never was a secret.

by Anonymousreply 84April 22, 2021 1:52 PM

^ I forgot lip enhancement.

by Anonymousreply 85April 22, 2021 1:52 PM

As with many stars, they don't know when to quit. Marlo Thomas first nose job - the one on Anne Marie in That Girl - was infinitely better than the later version. I don't know what she was thinking:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 22, 2021 1:55 PM

I can't prove it but Michelle Lee looked like she had a nose job.

When someone said old time actresses all had facelifts - didn't some of them just use the tape or rubber headband, with a wig over it? Supposedly Lucille Ball couldn't have any plastic surgery or at least not a face lift, and used this method. It started on the last year of I Love Lucy (really not the original I Love Lucy, but the later, hour-long version of the show). She went from one episode with the pull-back and wig to the next one with natural looks and hair, and back again. Then on The Lucy Show she usually had the "lift" unles she had to be in the water, or something. She actually looked fine without it, for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 87April 22, 2021 5:36 PM

R87 she had a terrible nose job. All the ones of that era (almost all of them) were so obvious - they were all done in the same style.

by Anonymousreply 88April 22, 2021 6:52 PM

Are there any 'before and after' pictures of Burt Lancaster? I couldn't find any of him when he was young, so I can't really tell what he's had done.

by Anonymousreply 89April 22, 2021 7:04 PM

R88 is 100% correct. Michelle Lee has the typical long sides, pinched look - what all the Jewish girls were getting in the 1950s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90April 22, 2021 7:13 PM

Burt Reynolds was plastic surgery addicted, we all know that. But did you know he had his nose thinned before he was famous? See below. Then he kept going and going, guess he didn't have a friend who could tell him how awful he looked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 22, 2021 7:18 PM

Kate Hepburn had one in the 50s and then one right before Coco.

by Anonymousreply 92April 22, 2021 7:21 PM

Barbara Eden looks like Bette Midler in R5's photo. Whoa...

by Anonymousreply 93April 22, 2021 7:28 PM

R80, the end of MacLaine's nose was more bulbous in her 1950s-60s heyday. If I didn't know this woman below, I could tell she'd had a rhinoplasty - the indentations on both sides just above the nostrils gives it away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94April 22, 2021 8:11 PM

Carmen Miranda had a nosejob

Mary Pickford had a facelift

by Anonymousreply 95April 22, 2021 8:34 PM

R94 honestly, it looks the same to me. But Burt Reynolds - wow!

R90 what do you mean by long sides? I know the nose job type just by looking at it but not sure what you mean by that.

by Anonymousreply 96April 23, 2021 12:19 AM

R91, Yes indeed - wow!

I bet that Tom of Finland followed him and used him.

by Anonymousreply 97April 23, 2021 3:53 AM

Irving Berlin became a recluse because of depression but also because he said he didn't want people saying, 'He's gotten so old.'

by Anonymousreply 98April 23, 2021 8:18 AM

The Hollywood men aged far more than the women - Gable, Tyrone Power, Gary Cooper, Errol Flynn, Robert Taylor - all beautiful in their youth and became abruptly old and ugly after 40.

Gary Cooper before and after cosmetic surgery. It didn't help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 23, 2021 12:41 PM

Burt Reynolds nose, going going gone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 23, 2021 12:49 PM

R84/R85 Must be Rose Nylund

by Anonymousreply 101April 23, 2021 2:52 PM

R99 I was watching Mogambo the other night. Gable was 52. He sure wasn't ugly. Cooper and Taylor looked good older, too. The first time I saw these guys was in movies from the 50s on TV and they looked handsome to me. Power lost his looks to some extent and Flynn definitely looked used -- these guys were younger than the others you mentioned, btw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102April 23, 2021 8:15 PM

This?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103April 23, 2021 8:39 PM

R100 that’s a good one because it’s one I never realized but most definitely true. Most of these fall into the category of very obvious /well known or very speculative (yes, noses look very different in black and white vs color photos, lighting and makeup can effect certain things, etc)

by Anonymousreply 104April 23, 2021 8:50 PM

Jaclyn Smith had a nose job. You have to scroll down to see the "before" picture

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105April 23, 2021 11:49 PM

Cary Grant looks as if he had the tip of his nose refined. Here he is before

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 24, 2021 12:08 AM

And here is is after. It looks like good and subtle work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107April 24, 2021 12:09 AM

It does look like he had a subtle nose job

by Anonymousreply 108April 24, 2021 12:52 AM

R103 You're deliberately choosing the worst pictures of these guys. You said "over 40". Robert Taylor still looked good over 40, like in Ivanhoe when he was 41, or later in the 1950s. Anyhow this thread is about plastic surgery.

I think Cary Grant may have had a nose job, and also may have had his ears fixed, because I always noticed, even when I was a kid, his ears looked sliced off on the bottom, like the lobes were just cut off. He also had a fairly big lump on his forehead that he had removed. You can see it in An Affair To Remember. You can see it a little bit in this photo, though it usually was more prominent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109April 24, 2021 1:05 AM

Another interesting thing about Cary Grant was that he was missing a front tooth, one of his incisors. He lost it as a boy and he pressed the other teeth together every day with his thumb and forefinger until the gap eventually closed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110April 24, 2021 1:09 AM

Wow, Grant does have strange ears. And that thing with the teeth tells you a lot about his determination.

I do recommend the biography linked at R110. He was a really complex character.

by Anonymousreply 111April 24, 2021 1:13 AM

R109 Great observation about Grant’s ears, I never noticed that before. They look cropped like a pit bull’s ears.

by Anonymousreply 112April 24, 2021 1:16 AM

I wonder how many actors had their ears pinned back.....that's pretty common for male actors

by Anonymousreply 113April 24, 2021 1:18 AM

R113 I know which one didn't

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114April 24, 2021 1:27 AM

^ LOL!!!

by Anonymousreply 115April 24, 2021 1:32 AM

R105 id need to see a color better quality picture. Honestly, I doubt it. Most nose jobs even today aren’t that natural looking let alone then. She has none of the tell tale signs.

by Anonymousreply 116April 24, 2021 1:49 AM

None of the tell tale signs? Having a normal size nose then acquiring a much smaller one isn't a sign?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117April 24, 2021 2:26 AM

Another

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118April 24, 2021 2:26 AM

Oops, wrong one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119April 24, 2021 2:28 AM

R118 it looks exactly the same except it’s a black and white fuzzy photo, where all noses look wider and slightly more amorphous.

She has none of the telltale signs meaning her supposed nose job nose literally has none of the signs (even subtle ones) , that it’s been “done.” And back in the early 70s when she would have had to have gotten it done? That was near impossible.

by Anonymousreply 120April 24, 2021 2:31 AM

Huh? It looks like the typical "nose job nose" - small and narrow

by Anonymousreply 121April 24, 2021 2:40 AM

I saw her in person in the '80s. She had a huge nose.

by Anonymousreply 122April 24, 2021 3:14 AM

Some of these actors would not have careers if they kept their original nose.

by Anonymousreply 123April 24, 2021 5:58 AM

That ranting, Irish drunkard—

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 24, 2021 6:19 AM

R120, you need glasses

by Anonymousreply 125April 24, 2021 12:39 PM

More!

by Anonymousreply 126April 24, 2021 12:43 PM

There is a movie where Peter O'Toole has his original nose, that I've seen. It was an old Disney film, Kidnapped. From the late 50s. He did look different, he probably would not have been a standard leading man if he had not had his nose fixed. I don't think it was his idea to have it done, I think he was against it.

by Anonymousreply 127April 24, 2021 2:07 PM

Jaclyn Smith clearly, CLEARLY had a nose job. And has had other things done as she ages.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128April 24, 2021 2:10 PM

What I don't understand is why Peter O'Toole and others KEEP having more and more nose jobs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129April 24, 2021 2:16 PM

Not Hollywood, but worth a mention: Paul McCartney's nose

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130April 24, 2021 2:19 PM

Peter won't be having any more nose jobs

by Anonymousreply 131April 24, 2021 2:24 PM

Buck never would have gotten a nose job.

by Anonymousreply 132April 24, 2021 4:29 PM

Grant must have had an excellent face lift. In Indiscreet he is looking very jowly then in North by Northwest the face is looking not tight but firm.

by Anonymousreply 133April 24, 2021 5:24 PM

Damn, Peter has Michael Jackson nose at r129

by Anonymousreply 134April 24, 2021 5:27 PM

Paul McCartney's old nose fit his face much better. The new one feminized him.

by Anonymousreply 135April 24, 2021 6:01 PM

This is one of those Paul is Dead videos. At 0:30 you can see the metamorphosis of Paul McCartney's nose - Paul with new nose 1 turns into Paul with nose #2. The music used? What else? The Fool on the Hill, the Sergio Mendes and Brazil 66 record.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136April 24, 2021 11:17 PM

Sorry, it should say, "Paul with nose 1 turns into Paul with nose #2"

by Anonymousreply 137April 24, 2021 11:19 PM

Paul's old nose is dead

by Anonymousreply 138April 24, 2021 11:38 PM

R130 McCartney looked positively feminine after he had his work done.

by Anonymousreply 139April 25, 2021 5:42 PM

McCartney always looked fairly feminine, and plastic surgery made him look like an old lesbian. And he didn't age well, so he really had no good options.

And that's probably the worst thing that's ever happened to him in his enviable life!

by Anonymousreply 140April 25, 2021 11:54 PM

Which surgery removed Jaclyn Smith’s acting ability?

by Anonymousreply 141April 26, 2021 4:30 PM

R141, she never had any to begin with

by Anonymousreply 142April 26, 2021 4:34 PM

Touché r142.

by Anonymousreply 143April 26, 2021 4:37 PM

[quote] And back in the early 70s when she would have had to have gotten it done? That was near impossible.

Every Jewish girl (and quite a few Italians) on Long Island got a nose job for their sweet 16 back then.

by Anonymousreply 144April 26, 2021 4:43 PM

Nanette Fabray. She was pretty without it. She ruined her face.

by Anonymousreply 145April 26, 2021 4:50 PM

didn't read the whole thread but Elvis had a nose job. It's not a secret.

by Anonymousreply 146April 26, 2021 5:24 PM

Mean like this, R156?

Did you know that OJ Simpson also had a nose job?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147April 26, 2021 6:07 PM

I never really noticed Elvis's nosejob before, but it looks obvious in r147's pic

Can we see before and after pics of OJ?

by Anonymousreply 148April 26, 2021 6:23 PM

Early OJ. I don't see a comparison anywhere, but you can tell this is not the same nose he had later on. It was thinned, not a bad job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149April 26, 2021 7:16 PM

RE: Paul McCartney - He had really bad teeth. Wonder why he never had them fixed? Perhaps English fans didn't care about teeth!

by Anonymousreply 150April 26, 2021 8:11 PM

R9 - I thought that was a pic of Bette Midler at first!

by Anonymousreply 151April 26, 2021 8:13 PM

R150, Paul McCartney didn't have bad teeth, he had crooked British teeth. He's since had them fixed - veneers, implants, dentures, whatever.

by Anonymousreply 152April 26, 2021 8:16 PM

R144 ahhh I’m so aware of that (well many, they didn’t ALL need one) , and my point was, back in that era they all looked like Michelle Lee’s pinched nose job nose, or Suzanne Pleshette’s, not Jaclyn’s which looks very natural to me.

by Anonymousreply 153April 26, 2021 8:51 PM

Carolyn Jones AND John Astin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154April 27, 2021 12:24 AM

And Lurch!

by Anonymousreply 155April 27, 2021 12:48 AM

I thought Pleshette said she never had a nose job.

by Anonymousreply 156April 27, 2021 12:51 AM

She could gave said anything......................

by Anonymousreply 157April 27, 2021 1:23 AM

What in the world did Gloria Swanson have done that she could look still so perfect at age 78 (in this clip)? She doesn't have any signs of a facelift that I can see, other than that she has no wrinkles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158April 27, 2021 1:45 AM

R156 ehrm yeah ok - yeah, she had two at least.

They used to call it the “Diamond nose” and she totally has it - both incarnations.

by Anonymousreply 159April 27, 2021 2:08 AM

Suzanne Pleshette with her old nose

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160April 27, 2021 2:44 AM

^ she looks like Paul Anka - after his nose job!

by Anonymousreply 161April 27, 2021 12:30 PM

Not Hollywood again, although he's appeared in a movie, STING. It's possible he got the post-Police nose job because he thought he'd have a career in movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162April 27, 2021 3:32 PM

Lauren Bacall, despite insisting she never had surgery, definitely did. Heavy, heavy lids from the 60's through the late 1980's, and then magically, around 1993, she had them lifted.

by Anonymousreply 163April 27, 2021 4:10 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164April 27, 2021 4:45 PM

Joan Allen. Stark difference in her appearance between her first Jason Bourne movie and her second.

Not for the better, I'm afraid.

by Anonymousreply 165April 27, 2021 5:17 PM

r21 Rita was 16-17 in your before picture, her natural hair wasn't raven, it was brown, don't forget she was already put in drag years prior by her father.

by Anonymousreply 166April 27, 2021 5:29 PM

Lauren Bacall always had big ears that stuck out a bit, at the top, so it's hard to say if that was merely caused by a face lift. Giving her credit where it's due, though, she let herself look old when she was old, and sat for a photo. She wasn't like Jane Fonda who thinks you should try to look 50 when you're 80.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167April 27, 2021 5:38 PM

R164, there are a least a dozen, if not more, articles where she denounced it long after her surgery circa 1991-1992. Here's one from a blog that mentions them in general.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168April 27, 2021 6:37 PM

Here's Bacall in the late 1970's, looking rough already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169April 27, 2021 6:45 PM

And here she is in 1997, eyes a-lifted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170April 27, 2021 6:46 PM

2nd pic on that page ^^^

by Anonymousreply 171April 27, 2021 6:46 PM

R171 Yeah, she had work done.

by Anonymousreply 172April 27, 2021 6:52 PM

June Allyson. Good job, not tragic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173April 27, 2021 6:54 PM

One face lift too many

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174April 27, 2021 6:56 PM

Actually that 2nd one was taken before your first post R174. She's just excited about something. Maybe her Depends worked.

But I agree, she had good work done.

by Anonymousreply 175April 27, 2021 7:02 PM

Julie Andrews with her original nose

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176April 27, 2021 7:49 PM

R163 I actually love hooded eyes; they're so striking I don’t get why anyone would want to alter that. Faye Dunaway ruined herself when she did that - it was a large part of what made her beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 177April 27, 2021 8:10 PM

R175 Maybe it dropped

by Anonymousreply 178April 27, 2021 9:24 PM

Here's something I never thought of. You all know that men's earlobes grow as they grow older. Well, singer Andy Williams not only had a facelift and nose job, he had an ear-shortening. His tiny lobe ears sewn to his old face:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179April 27, 2021 9:30 PM

Younger Andy Williams with old ears, old nose, old teeth for comparison

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180April 27, 2021 9:33 PM

R179, wow, thanks for the picture! I didn't even know people get their ears done lol

by Anonymousreply 181April 27, 2021 9:51 PM

As you get older, your nose gets bigger and your lips thinner. Mick Jagger hardly has any lips now.

by Anonymousreply 182April 28, 2021 1:46 AM

I'd think at some point the stars would go, "I'm old enough and rich enough, fuck 'em if they don't like my wrinkles and fat rolls." The constant treadmill of extreme dieting, exercise, beauty treatments, and plastic surgery must get exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 183April 28, 2021 2:04 AM

RE: Paul McCartney - He had really bad teeth. Wonder why he never had them fixed? Perhaps English fans didn't care about teeth!

no one cares about teeth in the UK

by Anonymousreply 184April 28, 2021 2:55 AM

R46 As an aside, was Glanville a whore?

by Anonymousreply 185April 28, 2021 3:13 AM

Paul McCartney was only cute for about 5 minutes in the early 60s. If Pete Best or Stuart Sutcliffe had stayed in the band, Paul never would have been known as the pretty Beatle.

by Anonymousreply 186April 28, 2021 4:25 AM

"I'd think at some point the stars would go, "I'm old enough and rich enough, fuck 'em if they don't like my wrinkles and fat rolls." "

Oh, I can see why the star actors like Tom Cruise overdue the plastic surgery, all they can do is give variations on the same star turn, and if their star persona is linked to a certain stage of life then they know damn well they'll lose their appeal if they age out of their usual roles. Same for starlets and himbos, if they don't look fabulous, they don't work.

But it's the real actors who need to have the sense to age normally, because they're the ones who need to resemble a human being of their own approximate age, so they can make the actor's progression from Romeo, to MacBeth, to Lear (paraphrase of an old adage). If a real actor has too much plastic surgery or bad plastic surgery, then when they get older they can't play anything except a modern person who's had a shit-ton of plastic surgery. Still, I see why the women do it at least, there are so few roles for women over 40-50 that they can get more work if they look under forty.

by Anonymousreply 187April 28, 2021 5:05 PM

Beulah Bondi never aged. She was playing the same age in the 30s as she was in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 188April 28, 2021 7:41 PM

I recall Jack Nicholson saying he wouldn't get plastic surgery because his best feature was his smile and smiles don't get wrinkly.

Speaking of which WEHT Nicholson? He has totally disappeared. He's the same age as Hopkins who just won the Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 189April 29, 2021 7:05 PM

R158 It does look like she's had a face lift here. Her fringe is hiding her very tightly pulled back forehead. There is a certain stiffness apparent in her eye area.

by Anonymousreply 190April 29, 2021 7:43 PM

Are you saying that Gloria Swanson DIDN'T have a facelift, R190, or it doesn't LOOK like she had a facelift. If it's the former, I'd like to place a wager.

by Anonymousreply 191April 29, 2021 7:49 PM

"Speaking of which WEHT Nicholson? He has totally disappeared. "

He's 84 years old. He's either retired voluntarily or because of ill health.

by Anonymousreply 192April 29, 2021 8:44 PM

If someone so seemingly extroverted and publicity loving at Nicholson has disappeared, it's probably because he's developed dementia.

by Anonymousreply 193April 29, 2021 9:10 PM

R191, Swanson is clearly wearing a tacky wig. Like Lucille Ball, she's taped her forehead waaaaay back, under her wig, smoothing out her crunchy crinkles.

by Anonymousreply 194April 29, 2021 9:12 PM

Maybe because he's gone beyond creepy looking and as an attention seeking actor does not want to hear how horrible he looks.

by Anonymousreply 195April 29, 2021 9:39 PM

R194 = 24 years old

by Anonymousreply 196April 30, 2021 1:28 AM

Because there's nothing 24-year-olds love more than gossiping about Gloria Swanson

by Anonymousreply 197April 30, 2021 1:34 AM

Nice try, R197!

by Anonymousreply 198April 30, 2021 1:37 AM

Apparently Gloria Swanson had every cosmetic surgery known to medicine at the time, when she was 50, for her comeback role in Sunset Boulevard, and she looked fantastic for it.

by Anonymousreply 199April 30, 2021 11:25 AM

A really obvious one is Leslie Caron, between Lili (1954) and Gigi (1958). The nose, but also the teeth, made less prominent.

by Anonymousreply 200April 30, 2021 11:35 AM

R189 It is rumoured that Jack Nicholson is not in the best of health and at 83 that is pretty believable.

by Anonymousreply 201April 30, 2021 11:48 AM

83 is relatively young these days. Check out this 90 year old asian babe who is stronger and more flexible than most 40 years olds...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202May 1, 2021 3:51 AM

How old is too old for a facelift?

by Anonymousreply 203May 1, 2021 4:05 AM

Eighty-three is old if you've lived as hard as Nicholson has. He's had one helluva life.

by Anonymousreply 204May 1, 2021 4:16 AM

R203, this guy is EIGHTY NINE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205May 1, 2021 5:59 AM

why would an 89 year old straight married man want a facelift and who would put him under at that gae?

by Anonymousreply 206May 1, 2021 7:56 AM

R206, think about how many octogenarians are torn apart for HIP surgery. It's a huge money maker for hospitals and the insurance industry.

by Anonymousreply 207May 1, 2021 2:39 PM

For the average person of 83 years old, it probably means you cannot walk without pain, have failing eye sight and hearing.

by Anonymousreply 208May 1, 2021 3:28 PM

[quote]83 is relatively young these days.

Maybe on DL. Otherwise, not really.

by Anonymousreply 209May 2, 2021 2:29 AM

83 is beyond USA average life expectancy so yes, OLD.

by Anonymousreply 210May 2, 2021 4:07 AM

Mike "Touch" Connors had a good eyejob late in life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211May 9, 2021 2:05 AM

Has Natalie Wood's nose been mentioned?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212May 22, 2021 2:31 PM

Not sure if he's had work done -- doesn't look like it, but Don Johnson looks GREAT for 70!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213May 30, 2021 12:59 AM

[quote] ... Russian Empress Maria Feodorvna left the capital for few months after her husband died and returned looking much younger.

Had her hair turned quite gold from grief, R19?

by Anonymousreply 214May 30, 2021 1:57 AM

Then why are you mentioning it, R213? Read the title of this thread. It isn't "What stars look good for their age."

by Anonymousreply 215May 30, 2021 2:22 PM

I "suspect" that 1970s movie heartthrob-director Robert Redford had his eyes clipped, teeth veneered, forehead filled with fillers. In addition, I suspect he wears the most ridiculous wig in the history of mankind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216May 30, 2021 2:45 PM

[QUOTE] R19 Russian Empress Maria Feodorvna left the capital for few months after her husband died and returned looking much younger. The gossip was she had had something done with her face. Back in those days it was painful and very risky.

There are pictures of her with Queen Alexandra (her sister slightly older Sister) many years after she was widowed and I can't see any evidence of 'work'.

If anything Queen Alexandra looks younger than her, the pic below is apparently from 1911 shortly after HM King Edward VII died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217May 30, 2021 3:29 PM

R217 This is from alexanderpalace.org forum. It was a rumor. I just remember reading about it.

I can remember reading somewhere amongst my many dozen books on the Romanovs, that it was rumoured that Empress Marie Feodorovna had some sort of early plastic surgery involving some kind of acid face-peel !!! :o This sounds pretty extreme/horrendous Does anyone know if this was high society gossip by people envious of her looks, or a genuine occurance ? I will try and find the quote, and I expect hard evidence would be difficult tofind ... not the sort of thing people (esp royalty) would admit to having done ;)

Greg

by Anonymousreply 218May 30, 2021 4:34 PM

R217 There is no evidence. You might be right.

by Anonymousreply 219May 30, 2021 4:35 PM

R212, never noticed that before

by Anonymousreply 220May 30, 2021 4:39 PM

The thread theme is specific. Not just Hollywood stars, but classic Hollywood stars. Just sayin.

Redford had work done, I think there was no effort to hide it (I forget). His hair looks real, not the color, though.

by Anonymousreply 221May 30, 2021 4:46 PM

What were some of the Empress Marie Feodorovna's best classic movies?

by Anonymousreply 222May 30, 2021 4:55 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223May 30, 2021 5:03 PM

More Redford wig:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224May 30, 2021 5:13 PM

Do men his age have hair that thick? He looks older than some 90 year olds. All that sun probably. Has any beautiful man aged so badly?

by Anonymousreply 225May 30, 2021 7:50 PM

Once beautiful Gary Cooper aged badly, but he wore an age appropriate wig. And he had the decency to die at age 60.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226May 30, 2021 7:58 PM

A better view of old Cooper. Of course not, R225. Men in their thirties don't have hair that thick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227May 30, 2021 8:00 PM

I wouldn't call her classic, but has anyone considered OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228May 31, 2021 10:58 PM

All of them. They've all had work done and they all have wigs!

by Anonymousreply 229May 31, 2021 11:01 PM

R224, that's NOT a wig. He's had thick hair -- and a widow's peak -- for his entire adult life. As others have said, it's just horrible coloring -- like a mix of orange soda and root beer. His face looks like the bottom of a leather boot because he's chain-smoked and worshipped the sun since his late teens. That's SIXTY years...

by Anonymousreply 230June 1, 2021 6:28 AM

R226, 227, you're delusional dear. Thousands, if not millions of guys in their thirties have MUCH, MUCH thicker hair than Gary Cooper did. My gawd, Fernando Lamas just as ONE example made Cooper look completely bald.

And that's not a wig. Jimmy Stewart wore a wig his entire career and even though it was great at the beginning, it was obvious from "It's a Wonderful Life' onward, and horrible from the 70's onward as all the stars went with the cheap rugs...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231June 1, 2021 6:33 AM

Lola, it's nice to see you contributing here! (R230). How much did you get in that divorce settlement?

by Anonymousreply 232June 1, 2021 12:45 PM

Kay Kendall's "before" picture

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233June 18, 2021 1:24 AM

Did Merle Oberon have a nose job?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234June 18, 2021 1:54 AM

Tip O'Neill and Ronald Reagan, if you don't think old men can have a full head of hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235June 18, 2021 4:22 PM

Mitzi Gaynor

by Anonymousreply 236June 18, 2021 5:54 PM

Dream on, R235. YOU are not going to have a full head of hair at that age!

by Anonymousreply 237June 18, 2021 6:32 PM

R237 I already don't! lol

by Anonymousreply 238June 18, 2021 6:40 PM

My dad had a full head of hair at 80, R237, and it hadn't all gone gray either.

by Anonymousreply 239June 18, 2021 7:18 PM

My grandfather had all his hair, and only had a few gray hairs. He died at 75 though.

by Anonymousreply 240June 18, 2021 11:28 PM

Yeah, I'm sure Robert Redford is just like that. Eye job, teeth implants, fillers for forehead creases - does NOT wear a wig or dye it. Note he bleached his red hair to blond for five decades.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241June 19, 2021 12:47 AM

I don't know about Classic Hollywood stars but it seems a pretty good bet that the MUMMY in the White House has plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 242June 19, 2021 12:56 AM

R242 thinks Trump looks great

by Anonymousreply 243June 19, 2021 1:10 AM

R241, you must be Robert Redford himself, because that is a wig.

R242, so what? Who hasn’t? Maybe you?

by Anonymousreply 244June 19, 2021 1:19 AM

^ doesn't know what SARCASM means

by Anonymousreply 245June 19, 2021 2:04 AM

Burt Lancaster

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246June 19, 2021 2:08 AM

Maureen O'Hara, but she basically admitted that she had sixteen plastic surgeons when she played the mom in the original The Parent Trap in 1961.

by Anonymousreply 247June 19, 2021 5:26 AM

R17, You only suspect?!

by Anonymousreply 248June 19, 2021 5:32 AM

Hedy Lamarr

by Anonymousreply 249June 19, 2021 6:24 PM

R171 What’s sad is how you can have that amazing bone structure and then still get jowls. I mean it happens to the best of us, but it’s depressing all the same.

by Anonymousreply 250June 19, 2021 7:02 PM

R242 I agree, Joe’s looks bother me. Plugs, an eye job, big fake choppers. Full face lift?

by Anonymousreply 251June 19, 2021 7:07 PM

R229 But there must be SOMEONE who had nothing done to enhance their youthful beauty (as opposed to fighting the ravages of age). Anyone?

What about Liz Taylor? I read she might have had a nose job, which would be disillusioning.

by Anonymousreply 252June 19, 2021 7:12 PM

Biden had hair plugs over 30 years ago, they looked like shit for years... now they look okay, probably several more sessions, he has very little hair on the back of his head.

I knew Biden was going to run for president once I saw his full facelift, and that he'd lost weight.

by Anonymousreply 253June 19, 2021 10:43 PM

R252 She had plastic surgery when she came out of Betty Ford the first time.

Lucille Ball apparently was unable to have a face lift because of the type of skin she had,so when she was around 50 she started pulling the face up temorarily in various ways for her TV/film work.

by Anonymousreply 254June 20, 2021 2:45 AM

R254 Yes of course she had plastic surgery later. What I was referring to was a rumor she had her nose fixed at a very young age.

by Anonymousreply 255June 20, 2021 4:24 AM

Liz at 15

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256June 20, 2021 4:28 AM

Can someone explain the difference between the way they did facelifts years ago and the way they do them now? Several people referenced the only fashioned way was better and gave a more natural appearance.

by Anonymousreply 257June 20, 2021 3:11 PM

They pulled skin then, R257. Later they pulled MUSCLE and skin.

by Anonymousreply 258June 20, 2021 4:44 PM

Did Froy just out grow this nose?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259June 20, 2021 6:28 PM

It looks so different

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260June 20, 2021 6:29 PM

Froy is a classic Hollywood star?

by Anonymousreply 261June 20, 2021 6:32 PM

No, but I guess Jaclyn Smith, OJ Simpson and Joe Biden were.

by Anonymousreply 262June 20, 2021 6:34 PM

Well at least OJ, Joe, and Jaclyn were famous pre 1980. Froy wasn't even alive in 1980

by Anonymousreply 263June 20, 2021 7:04 PM

R263 And how does that make them classic Hollywood stars? I'll wait.

by Anonymousreply 264June 20, 2021 7:12 PM

Carroll Baker looks like she had a nose job at some point

by Anonymousreply 265June 21, 2021 4:11 AM

R45, weird that the article about Monroe doesn’t mention her obvious brow-lift.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266June 21, 2021 4:44 AM

dont know it that;s a brow lift or just a different angle

by Anonymousreply 267June 22, 2021 9:39 AM

Natalie Wood seemed like a natural beauty. No surgery?

by Anonymousreply 268June 22, 2021 9:59 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269June 22, 2021 11:39 AM

R269 He was frequently on TV in the 80s in 90s. Even before cable news, he was a staple guest on the Sunday political panel shows. Probably people who go onscreen start fiddling with their looks.

by Anonymousreply 270June 22, 2021 1:23 PM

R266, that's not a brow lift, it didn't exist then. MM had her hairline reshaped, which can be done very simply with tweezers.

by Anonymousreply 271June 22, 2021 1:49 PM

Monroe didn't need a browlift, her foreyead was naturally high enough and the bleach blonde look make it appear higher. Well, maybe a little electrolysis around the corners, if the hair there didn't just fall out from the bleaching! But if her eyes seem larger and her eyebrows higher, that's a combination of pose and makeup.

She really wasn't anything special as a teen, was she.

by Anonymousreply 272June 22, 2021 3:19 PM

He was frequently on TV in the 80s in 90s. Even before cable news, he was a staple guest on the Sunday political panel shows. Probably people who go onscreen start fiddling with their looks.

A lot of politicians have done this, it's not just about being on TV it's about wanting to win elections, and probably in Biden's case, vanity, since he loves to stick his old nose in young women's hair and shit.

by Anonymousreply 273June 22, 2021 5:04 PM

R272 Her sex appeal was never just about her face. She had a great, naturally voluptuous body. (Seen here with Henry Fonda, before she was famous, in 1947.)

She probably wasn't a teen in that photo you're referring to, though I don't know. It's a picture of her as a model, not a snapshot, and the fact it's in color further indicates it's professional. But I don't know when she started.

by Anonymousreply 274June 22, 2021 5:08 PM

Monroe and Fonda

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275June 22, 2021 5:09 PM

Marilyn did have her nose slimmed, but the rest of it was make-up. Make-up guru Lisa Eldridge did a video on it showing all of the tricks Marilyn's favorite make-up artist used to give her the classic Marilyn face. It involved a lot of contouring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276June 22, 2021 5:23 PM

Marlo Thomas. Yes, her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277June 22, 2021 5:25 PM

276 I always have heard Marilyn had plastic surgery on her chin or jaw.

by Anonymousreply 278June 22, 2021 6:42 PM

[276] see above

by Anonymousreply 279June 22, 2021 6:42 PM

Monroe definitely did something to her eyelids. They are totally different before she started her career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280June 22, 2021 6:52 PM

R254, Lucille Ball couldn't have plastic surgery because of her heavy drinking and smoking. Especially the latter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281June 22, 2021 7:05 PM

I'm not sure how much of that is surgery, R280, and how much is learning not to squint when being photographed.

by Anonymousreply 282June 22, 2021 7:26 PM

Lucille Ball HAD a complete facelift in her 40s. The smoking and drinking made her skin look 100 years old later when she did that surgical tape thing. Do not believe that "I can't have facelifts" bullshit or "I keloidal," it's all crap.

Lucille's face was always an illusion - the eyebrows drawn way up on her forehead, the lipstick line above her natural lips, the red wig.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283June 22, 2021 7:28 PM

R280/R282 To use a term from Tyra Banks, MM perfected the art of “smizing”. Also, plucking just enough from her lower brows to open up her eyes, along with her trademark winged eyeliner and individual lashes added to the corner of her top lids.

by Anonymousreply 284June 22, 2021 7:35 PM

This thread is like pure heroin.

by Anonymousreply 285June 22, 2021 7:37 PM

Today surgeons require that an individual stop smoking before having plastic surgery, but this was not always the case - do you honestly believe Elizabeth Taylor stopped smoking before her facelift? Sophia Loren, who smokes like a chimney to this day? Lauren Bacall? 99% of these classic stars were smokers.

by Anonymousreply 286June 22, 2021 7:43 PM

Bacall lived long for an avid smoker. You'd think Bogart's death would have kept her from it.

by Anonymousreply 287June 22, 2021 7:59 PM

R286, if they had other drugs to calm them down, yes. And they all had them, ESPECIALLY Taylor. There isn't a drug she didn't try.

And Bacall had only that one eyejob in the early 1990's, where suddenly we could see some skin. Plus she didn't drink like Ball.

Having said that, no doubt some were willing to take the risk to extend their career another 10-15 years. Like Bette Davis, addict that she was.

by Anonymousreply 288June 22, 2021 8:42 PM

To calm them down, R288? What are you talking about? People smoke to get nicotine in their system - they're addicted to the drug nicotine. Elizabeth Taylor wasn't going to go through withdrawal just for a facelift. Btw, Bacall had a full facelift, not just an eye job.

by Anonymousreply 289June 22, 2021 10:48 PM

How did Franco Nero remain so handsome. Great work? Cary Grant too?

by Anonymousreply 290June 23, 2021 12:48 AM

Cary Grant was gay, that's how.

by Anonymousreply 291June 23, 2021 12:53 AM

R280 I think it's just because in the first picture she's laughing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292June 23, 2021 3:41 AM

Not sure if Lou Ferrigno has had anything done, but if he has, it looks great. He's 70 years old in this clip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293June 27, 2021 7:23 AM

Tom Cruise -- anal rejuvenation

by Anonymousreply 294June 27, 2021 7:50 AM

I saw Christian Slater in what I think might have been the latest DL icon Betty Broderick movie and it looked like he had something done to his face. And as good looking as I've always found him he didn't hold a candle in the looks department to Betty's shit of a husband.

by Anonymousreply 295June 27, 2021 9:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!