Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

POSE Season 3: Will you be watching?

I am a big fan for all things tranny.

The cute little Dominican who lives dates Indya Moore is into trannies in his real life as he dates the show's director.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9610 hours ago

Red Carpet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104/29/2021

And Porter is dressed obnoxiously, because OF COURSE HE IS. Has he done much else on television outside of this show? Let's hope he doesn't, now that this is over.

by Anonymousreply 204/29/2021

Why Candy be dere? She dade.

by Anonymousreply 304/29/2021

Angel Bismark Curiel says he didn't know what trans meant before joining this show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404/29/2021

Angel Bismark Curiel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504/29/2021

It’s been two years since the last season ended. I hope they give us a nice long recap.

by Anonymousreply 604/29/2021

POSE begins its third and final season causing most to think, "Is that thing still on?"

I imagine it might be relevant, or entertaining, but... it's a terrible show.

by Anonymousreply 704/29/2021

I found the second season really messy, so I'm not looking forward to it, to be honest. But that's typical of the Ryan Murphy project. Brilliant first season, absolutely no follow through.

by Anonymousreply 804/29/2021

They’ve exhausted all the plots the first two seasons- there’s only so much woke you can show form the 80’s and 90’s.

by Anonymousreply 904/29/2021

The only problem with Pose is that drag queens are ugly and unpleasant to look at.

by Anonymousreply 1004/30/2021

Can't wait. Loved the two first seasons.

[quote] “The core journey was the same,” he says of the original pilot script, “which is that there’s a young Black boy, named Damon, who gets kicked out of his house for being gay, he moves to New York, then gets enmeshed in the ball scene, and gets caught in a war between two house mothers. But in that original draft, Damon becomes a sex worker. So he’s out in the Piers surviving, and he has a pimp. That pimp gets murdered in the pilot. And so the core narrative of the first season was much darker than what the show became. By the end of the pilot, you know who’s responsible for the murder. But it sort of becomes a cat-and-mouse narrative where you’re like, ‘Oh, no, are they going to get caught? Are they going to get arrested for this murder?'”

Sounds like a lot of major shit happened in that original pilot (I guess the pimp got murdered by one of the mothers, Blanka?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1104/30/2021

They are all horrible actors. Or maybe it’s the script. But I find it unwatchable. I love the period and the topic - but the acting is so horrible, it ruins any potential. But perhaps the director or screenwriters can be blamed - it’s just such an unnatural feeling but not even in a soap opera good way,

by Anonymousreply 1204/30/2021

Bring back Candy and the show will win Emmys

by Anonymousreply 1304/30/2021

Candy Spelling?

by Anonymousreply 1404/30/2021

The actor who plays Damon is devoid of any charm. Elektra isn’t a great actress but she’s stunning and funny and entirely watchable. Porter was fine in the first season but tried too hard in Season 2. Killing off Candy was a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 1504/30/2021

[quote]Elektra isn’t a great actress

Elektra isn’t an actress.

Just awful. You really can't sell that on any level as acting.

by Anonymousreply 1604/30/2021

I agree, Electra is NOT an actress by any stretch. Everyone else though is pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 1704/30/2021

No.

by Anonymousreply 1804/30/2021

Sandra Bernhard looks great. She's always had amazing personal style.

by Anonymousreply 1904/30/2021

The awkwardness of Electra line readings are painful. Couldn’t they hire an acting coach or something to at least try to teach them how to read lines? I can get that kind of “performance” at the piers or at the bars on an average Friday night.

by Anonymousreply 2005/01/2021

The new season is off to a rocky start. Angel, as always, was wonderfully touching. Jeremy Pope deserves better. I’m guessing he just couldn’t say no to Ryan Murphy. The show has lost much of its edge and is dissolving into soap opera storylines. Oh well, at least this will be the final season.

by Anonymousreply 2105/03/2021

I'm so over trannies. Enough.

by Anonymousreply 2205/03/2021

I couldn’t believe how poor the acting was. I couldn’t watch another episode.

by Anonymousreply 2305/03/2021

I just finished the first episode of Season 3 - I'm gonna finish the series even if it has dropped off.

I didn't think the episode was awful, but it wasn't great. I'm guessing Pray comes out of his funk and is reborn by the end of the season.

I wanted to see Blanca meet her BF's family.

by Anonymousreply 2405/03/2021

Blanca meeting the bf’s family was so been there, done that. A hostile future mother in law. How original.

by Anonymousreply 2505/03/2021

R19 Bernard has only looked passable on her best day and she would be wearing a costume in the series, nothing elated to her personal style.

by Anonymousreply 2605/03/2021

I’m sorry, but dumb as a brick Blanca is going to school to be a nurse, not believable, she has a level of emotional intelligence but that’s all I’ll give her. And what happened to her big dream of running nails salons, we all know what a huge economic proof business that remains in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 2705/03/2021

I asked that too r27 and also... the last season she was practically on death's door. What happened?

This show is so unrealistic.

Apparently the reason Damon was written off so abruptly was because the actor (Ryan Jamaal Swain) was given time off for bereavement last year. However the show stopped filming only weeks ago so there was obviously something going on.

This whole show is a mess.

by Anonymousreply 2805/03/2021

I didn’t read the threads, but Mock seemed to have had a meltdown at the premiere. Now that the dust has settle any word on what that was about?

by Anonymousreply 2905/03/2021

I think they should’ve called in a few of Tyler Perry’s writers for this last season. A lot of the show comes from a modern viewpoint rather than how people would’ve acted back then so it doesn’t flow well to make sense. Everybody gained weight. How does Blanca keep such a huge apartment with only one other renter? Where’d she get the car when she has broken panes of glass in her home?

Yes, even some of the AIDS related scenes were ham handed.

by Anonymousreply 3005/04/2021

I am so confused. I set my DVR for it and the DVR only recorded episode two. I went to my cable provider's on-demand menu and episode two is free but episode one costs $2.99. Freaking weird, especially since FX is a free basic cable network.

So I watched the second episode. As always, it's an Afterschool Special for adults, complete with preachy Afterschool Special dialogue and amateurish Afterschool Special-level acting. And I still like it a lot.

I find Pose really moving. I guess it taps into the era that was a backdrop to my formative years and is still embedded in my psyche in a pretty traumatic way. Growing up gay when AIDS was killing everyone really fucked me up for life in some ways, and I feel that pain in this show.

I read complaints about Elektra above. I love Elektra! She's so "extra" in a way that really amuses me. If any of the acting on the series were believable, she'd probably ruin the show, but honestly, it's all pretty bad and I find her faux-haughtiness entertaining and kind of tragic.

Like all Murphy shows, so much about Pose is style over any other kind of quality, but I do think there is substance to the issues being explored on the show. They're just poorly executed in the same way every aspect of American Horror Story is. (Except that Pose has an actual story, while AHS often is just a plotless series of interesting looking gross-out sequences.)

by Anonymousreply 3105/04/2021

Looks like the cast has been eating well!

by Anonymousreply 3205/04/2021

The Damon thing was so weird. First it was implied that he’s a drunk and sucking cock for booze then he’s a Buddhist then he’s off visiting a cousin and relapsed. If they write him out completely he won’t be missed.

by Anonymousreply 3305/04/2021

Ratings sucked for first two episodes, which came in 35th and 38th for the evening.

The writing in episode two is really terrible. One minute they are plotting the intervention and then they move to the sitcom plot of raising the money for his rehab. So painful.

And, boy, what did Damon do to get written off (aside from his weight gain)? He was supposed to be one of the central characters at launch,.

by Anonymousreply 3405/04/2021

The sister of the actor who plays Damon was murdered during shooting and I think he asked to be written off.

by Anonymousreply 3505/04/2021

Very sorry to hear that. Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 3605/04/2021

[quote]I asked that too [R27] and also... the last season she was practically on death's door. What happened?

The chemicals used in her salon were making her sick so she changed careers. As for her health, sometimes people were able to rally. Some people never got really sick. I myself was diagnosed in 1991 and have never had an AIDS related health issue. Took AZT for two weeks and quit because it made me sick. Which was a good thing because those that took it weren't helped by the triple-cocktail that came around in 96.

So, y'all can rag on the show for whatever reason. But for those of us who were there and went through some of the same issues, it hits right on the money emotionally. I knew a couple of people who ended up like Cubby. It was not a fun time.

by Anonymousreply 3705/04/2021

Well said, R37. I watch for the emotional beats but much of the execution is painful.

I guess, in fairness, they were under pressure to involve many trans folks behind the camera for authenticity but Canals needed experienced pros to help him pull it off as he was an amateur himself pretty much. So we have relatively inexperienced directors and writers and the results don’t live up to the potential and are often quite embarrassing. God, just someone to edit the scripts!

Porter deserves lots of credit for making it work. But the writing wouldn’t work on the Young and the Restless.

And Blanca can afford a nice Volvo? (I won’t mention that she was the aggressor with her boyfriend’s mother.)

So many plot holes! In episode one, the judges didn’t have enough money to pay out the thousand dollars but this time they gave away $2,500 in prizes (conveniently, the price of Pray’s rehab... as though rehab was that cheap back in the day).

Loved when Pray’s friend was being rushed to the hospital and Blanca said she’d contacted Judy at the hospital, as though there is only one hospital in New York! Nurse Judy is single-handedly saving the LGBT community!

by Anonymousreply 3805/04/2021

No matter how bad the writing is Angel always comes off well and that’s a credit to the actress who plays her. The others aren’t so lucky.

by Anonymousreply 3905/04/2021

[quote]So many plot holes! In episode one, the judges didn’t have enough money to pay out the thousand dollars but this time they gave away $2,500 in prizes

Covered in the diner scene when they mentioned the children had paid their dues and they now had $5000 in the bank.

by Anonymousreply 4005/04/2021

Oh, yeh, the “children” who are all scraping by had that money sitting around.

by Anonymousreply 4105/04/2021

I look forward to more hilarious revisionism of AIDS activism. Previously, 'Pose' absurdly turned the vibrant ACT UP/NY meetings into a gloomy basement speakeasy, and the massive 95% white 5,000+ participant Stop the Church demo in Dec. 1989 into Pray Tell's spontaneous diva death drop in a small church aisle.

S3 starts in 1994, after ACT UP had diminished greatly, focusing on the split Treatment Action Group and Housing Works. But the S3 trailer includes a staged protest, which were far and few between by 1994.

While it's mildly admirable to include AIDS activism in the story line, creating a false narrative with no relation to reality is stupid.

by Anonymousreply 4205/04/2021

Papi seems to be a minor character this season. I guess he wasn't giving Janet Mock much of a bang this season. Wonder what he was pulling in each episode if she was getting $40,000. Ryan Murphy is quite the big spender.

by Anonymousreply 4305/04/2021

The time dedicated to OJ in the first two episodes is ridiculous. They're telling stories of people dropping like flies from AIDS, and somehow OJ Simpson's car chase is the B plot?

by Anonymousreply 4405/04/2021

For a Ryan Murphy show, these ratings are humiliating. Maybe the TAKE 👏 MANY 👏 SEATS is alienating the audience.

How embarrassing for Mock. She destroyed her career and doesn’t even have a successful program to show for it. Karma.

Down 53% from the premiere last year means they’re even alienating the woke crowd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4505/04/2021

I did like Lulu's joke about Naked Gun 33 & a 1/3rd though r44

Ouch, those are disappointing ratings r45

by Anonymousreply 4605/04/2021

I was so looking forward to this final season. I sure hope they get more character driven stories as the season progresses.. The directing was awful. Did RM not participate? Big goose egg so far. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 47Last Wednesday at 3:06 PM

There's only five episodes left. I would expect much character driving. All drama and quips and speeches.

by Anonymousreply 48Last Wednesday at 3:23 PM

FX is burning it off. You don’t release two episodes in one evening when so few remain unless you’re trying to get it over with.

Murphy’s role has been reduced to collecting checks.

by Anonymousreply 49Last Wednesday at 5:44 PM

The show is a headache for F/X now since the tranny cast thinks they deserve Emmy nominations for their high school production-caliber performances and bitch and complain when their tranny clits don't get licked. They're jealous of Billy Porter because he got the Emmy, the praise, and still gets the meaty scenes.

Ryan Jamaal Swain is apparently a little cunt behind the scenes. He thinks he's hot shit but he has zero charisma, is a terrible dancer, and another one who thinks he's more important than he is. It must piss him off to see Dyllon Burnside get more scenes. Indya Moore is certifiably insane.

Mock is nuts and whips her dick out to whoever will suck it, Murphy sounds like he's done with the show, and Canals is probably pissed this baby is now known more for its off-screen drama than the "groundbreaking" show they keep trying to pass it off as.

by Anonymousreply 50Last Wednesday at 6:03 PM

I meant I "would NOT expect much character driving."

by Anonymousreply 51Last Wednesday at 6:13 PM

R50, what is the source re Ryan?

by Anonymousreply 52Last Thursday at 7:32 AM

[quote] Electra is NOT an actress by any stretch.

No, she's not an actress but there's something about her acting attempts that works here.

by Anonymousreply 53Last Thursday at 7:55 AM

Ryan Swain’s sister was murdered in real life, which is why he asked to be let off of the show and why the exit of his character was so hasty.

by Anonymousreply 54Last Thursday at 8:06 AM

Most Americans get three days of bereavement leave. There’s more to that story.

by Anonymousreply 55Last Thursday at 8:31 AM

Variety is predicting the show will be nominated for outstanding drama. !!!

by Anonymousreply 56Last Thursday at 8:36 AM

I can't wait for this thing to be done. The out of proportion attention its gotten has been insane, given how bad it is and how small the audience is. I'm thrilled you are whatever you are or want to be. Now just shut up. Democracy is on the edge. I don't care about your constant blathering about your identity.

by Anonymousreply 57Last Thursday at 8:43 AM

I like the show a lot and I find it moving, despite it being terribly written and mostly terribly acted. It deserves an award for pulling that off.

It's an adult Afterschool Special.

by Anonymousreply 58Last Thursday at 9:59 AM

Blanca is probably one of my favorite TV characters over the last decade. Her selflessness and caring make her the only wholly redeemable character on the show.

by Anonymousreply 59Last Thursday at 11:48 AM

I had to fast-forward thru much of the 2nd episode. There's none of the magic of the first two seasons. It's a good thing they decided to end the show with the this season because it would be cancelled for sure.

I can already tell that this season is simply a vehicle to secure another Emmy for Billy Porter, but I doubt it works this time.

by Anonymousreply 60Last Thursday at 11:59 AM

And why are Pray Tell, Damon, Lil Papi or Ricky not redeemable? Don't remember them doing terrible stuff. Or Sandra Bernhard's character. Blanca constantly begs for gratitude. Doesn't work for me. Elektra is the most entertaining character. I don't know whether it's acting but it works for me too.

by Anonymousreply 61Last Thursday at 12:04 PM

^She's consistently redeemable. I've never seen Blanca do downright awful things to others the way that some of the other characters have.

by Anonymousreply 62Last Thursday at 12:19 PM

R60, I suspect the “magic” of season two represents a malfunction of your memory. How soon we forget the terrible storylines such as the one where a slumming Patti LuPone playing a Leona Helmsley mistakenly rents out space to Blanca for her dream nail salon then becomes obsessed with evicting her in scenes scraped off the cutting room floor from a bad soap opera.

Or Trudi Styler attempting a bad take on Eileen Ford signing Angel to a big modeling contract.

Pray Tell did have some good scenes (all credit to Billy) and we got the Candy death, which was extremely well played by angelica Ross, but otherwise it was pretty painful and sealed the show’s fate, which is why it got renewed for a half-hearted seven eps.

by Anonymousreply 63Last Thursday at 12:21 PM

Billy's Porter's acting has gotten progressively worse in each season.

by Anonymousreply 64Last Thursday at 12:42 PM

I enjoy Pose but it's nowhere near as good as it thinks it is.

by Anonymousreply 65Last Thursday at 12:46 PM

Shark jumped.

by Anonymousreply 66Last Thursday at 12:55 PM

Flared nostrils do not constitute an acting technique.

by Anonymousreply 67Last Thursday at 1:01 PM

[Quote] Most Americans get three days of bereavement leave.

What America do you live in?

by Anonymousreply 68Last Thursday at 2:29 PM

[Quote] I enjoy Pose but it's nowhere near as good as it thinks it is.

It’s more a guilty pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 69Last Thursday at 2:36 PM

There's definitely more to the Swain story. The cast and some of the creative team do not like him.

by Anonymousreply 70Last Thursday at 4:32 PM

Tonight's episode was pretty good, but some of the writing was a bit cheesy, especially when it came to characters giving speeches with all this life-affirming bullshit. People don't talk like that.

Otherwise, Dominique was actually pretty good tonight, and the actress who played her mother was very good.

by Anonymousreply 71Last Sunday at 10:17 PM

Nope, I won't be watching. Black trannies hold no appeal.

by Anonymousreply 72Last Sunday at 10:32 PM

If you like trans stuff, OP, just take a peek at VENENO. It's 99 times better than POSE with more sex and nudity too.

by Anonymousreply 73Last Sunday at 10:39 PM

You can tell the writing is suffering this season, as if the poor suffering writers hadn't been offered to stay executive suites at hotels.

by Anonymousreply 74Last Sunday at 10:42 PM

Last nights episode gave me hope that the show might actually go out on a high note. Some of it was ridiculous (if the dead body smelled that bad why did Elektra keep it in the closet where she hangs her precious clothes). But Elektra’s backstory was great and I didn’t recognize Angel at first.

by Anonymousreply 75Yesterday at 5:02 AM

Ep 3 was much improved from the first two. Canals didn’t write this one.

Loved seeing Angelica Ross again and learning more about Electra.

by Anonymousreply 76Yesterday at 8:06 AM

Lil Papi has a cute ass and would be a high in demand bottom like Armond Rizzo. Is Ryan Murphy a top? That would explain how he got cast in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 77Yesterday at 9:23 AM

Ricky's ass is better.

by Anonymousreply 78Yesterday at 10:34 AM

Lil Papi naked must be something magical!

by Anonymousreply 79Yesterday at 5:47 PM

Elektra’s acting has improved by leaps & bounds this season, she’s holding her own for a change. I almost feel bad for criticizing her in seasons 1-2, but she was really bad, spitting lines out, poor intonation, but is doing much better of late!

by Anonymousreply 80Yesterday at 10:55 PM

agree r80. She was very good last night. I thought she and the actress who played her mother did a great job of establishing a back story and relationship in two scenes.

by Anonymousreply 81a day ago

R80 totally agree. though she already made my drag addict friends repeat her lines over and over again (I personally ain't that much interested in drag queens, no offense), already seasons 1 and 2 got me captivated with her character played by Dominique Jackson).

Having watched 3 episodes of season 3, I am not sure if it is maybe the context of her character in the show, that may draw criticism. when the story focusses on her (like the beautiful "private dancer" scene), or when she is shown out of her harsh, diva context, I am always intrigued if we were to have a spin off, focussing just only on her, where it would (especially acting wise) lead.

the combination of her with some squishy bianca and "the kidz" lines, maybe just inhibits to see the true potential of all her range?

to be honest; I mostly skip the squishy bianca and kidz, vogueing competition scenes and focus on Elektra and Pray Tell (Billy Porter) scenes. said trigger most emotional bonding as they are strong and very often raw.

by Anonymousreply 8220 hours ago

I would love Dominique Jackson (Elektra) face off against Naoemi Campbell (something like in an "Empire" jealous diva battle lol)

by Anonymousreply 8319 hours ago

[quote]the combination of her with some squishy bianca and "the kidz" lines, maybe just inhibits to see the true potential of all her range?

She was in "American Gods" this past season. She has no range. But she does have charisma.

by Anonymousreply 8419 hours ago

R83 or runway showdown. Naoemi clearly is the queen, but Elektra sure as hell can walk too

by Anonymousreply 8519 hours ago

r84 how on earth do you want to see a range in something so poorly scripted as American Gods???

by Anonymousreply 8619 hours ago

r86 Pose isn't that greatly scripted either, at least they handle some important topics. American Gods is an insult to anyone's brain who isn't into fantasy.

pity she (Dominique Jackson) actually considered that job. reminds me of lady gaga in American Horror Story (spoiler alert, utterly boring and waste of screen time)

by Anonymousreply 8719 hours ago

r83 or an interview. surely naomi would not be as sleepy as with the interview with the London mayor? :p

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8819 hours ago

r88 guess this could never happen in NY (Muslim mayor, interviewed by a British-Caribbean Supermodel)

by Anonymousreply 8919 hours ago

must see interview of Dominique Jackson (Elektra) on the Caribbean Equality Project.

now ig and raw in conversation, very inspiring

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9019 hours ago

r90 the season 3 scenes with Elektra and her mother appear to be very much based on her (Dominique Jackson's) story (in the interview around 08:00 onwards)

by Anonymousreply 9119 hours ago

awesome

Defining Moments with OZY: Dominique Jackson (Elektra)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9219 hours ago

r92 more of that in her acting (the emotional moments), and she may book better acting jobs

by Anonymousreply 9318 hours ago

I said it after the first episode, this season is all about mothers and seeing the Billy Porter goes home tour preview I was right.

by Anonymousreply 9418 hours ago

[quote]I can't wait for this thing to be done.

Are you, ya know "special"? Stop watching, problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 9518 hours ago

Dominique Jackson would make a great Bond villain. She’s a lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 9610 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!