Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

POSE: The Final Season

Premieres May 2 on FX. Trailer dropped last week.

Will Blanca and the members of the House of Evangelista live happily ever after?

And who'll make it out of the season alive?

Offsite Link
by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 5813 hours ago

Bumpin' as we inch closer to the premiere date...

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 104/26/2021

Wow, no comments about the two episode kick off? I hate this continued “we’re going to show up with a few hours notice and join the competition, and win!” It completely discounts the creative side of making and assembling their looks from scraps, instead of coming off like they have an endless closet of outfits and deep pockets to pull this off. I think that really cheapens and discounts so much of what the ball culture was about, making a silk bag out of a sow’s ear. Wouldn’t be upset if Billy Porter’s character died early on.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 205/02/2021

This thread will end in tears.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 305/02/2021

Why are they showing two episodes back-to-back with the second starting after 11pm (wtf)? Are they trying to burn through episodes quickly and ensure the smallest possible first run viewership possible?

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 405/02/2021

I know we slag the show and Porter, but he was brilliant tonight. I can't lie - I could see another Emmy for him.

And I think Dominique has improved dramatically.

Damon was abruptly written out because Ryan Jamaal Swain's sister was murdered last year so he was off for bereavement. Although I thought the way they handled the story was bizarre. Damon became an alcoholic, then got on the wagon and then relapsed. I don't know why they didn't just say he was on tour.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 505/02/2021

R5 Interesting, that didn’t seem to effect or slow Jennifer Hudson down.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 605/02/2021

Having never watched the show, I do hope it spells the end for Billy Porter and his unattractive face and irritating personality. I also think no matter what the cast says, their future careers will be about as successful as the cast of Gilligan's Island.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 705/02/2021

I loved season one but thought season two was a huge letdown.

Where did the first two episodes of S3 land, quality-wise?

Haven't watched yet, but I feel compelled to finish the series regardless.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 805/03/2021

I cannot stand Billy Porter, he ruins the whole show for me

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 905/03/2021

I cannot stand Porter either but he was really strong last night.

The quality was so-so r8. The first episode was clunky. Interestingly, it was written and directed by Mock.

The second, written and directed by Steven Canals, was much better. The intervention scene with Billy Porter was really strong. The cast was very good overall.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 1005/03/2021

I couldn’t bring myself to watch both in one night, a single left me queasy as it was.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 1105/03/2021

It does seem like they're just trying to get the show over with. It's obvious there was so much turmoil behind the scenes. I don't know why they're not spacing out the episodes. There really was no reason to have two episodes last night. Maybe they're just trying to tie in the episodes to Pride?

I also find the handling of Damon's exit very strange. They basically said "He's an alcoholic" and then in the next "He relapsed; he's gone". There was no "Thank you Ryan Jamaal Swain" and just a brief "He wen on bereavement leave which is why his character was written off". Yet the show finished shooting in March. You would think Damon being an alcoholic and relapsing would be a huge deal, especially for Blanca, but it was just quick references and onto the next scene. There must have been issues between Swain and others from the cast and creative crew. I get the sense that Canals does not care for Swain.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 1205/03/2021

I'm glad this shit ended, Billy Porter + misogynistic tranny = yuck.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 1305/03/2021

Everyone hated the Damon character.

Everyone.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 1405/03/2021

R14 It’s been a long time, but wasn’t he the whole framing device, leaving home and coming to the big city? What the fuck happened to that storyline? And wasn’t his dance teacher supposed to be a major character? They originally hired Tatiana Maslany for the roll, I guess she really dodged a bullet.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 1505/03/2021

I don't disagree with you r14. I hated the character and I find Swain has this smug sense of himself and the character that shines through in every scene.

I think Swain thought he was going to be a big star as the show kind of started from his character's point of view, but it quickly changed to Porter and Rodriguez as a) Swain was charmless; b) he was not a good dancer and c) the audience did not warm to his character.

But, having said that, the way his character was written out was just so abrupt and dismissive.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 1605/03/2021

From the season previews, it looks like Porter will be in female drag more frequently. Just like in real life.

Great. Just GREAT.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 1705/03/2021

Maybe Porter dies early on an then plays his own mother? R17 Mothers seem to be a big theme this season.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 1805/03/2021

Haven't watched season 3 yet but I am glad this show is back. I have a couple of episodes of season 2 (In my heels & Never Knew Love Like This) and really enjoy the ball scenes. The 'Never Knew Love Like This' is fun in that 'Candy' comes back and does a wonderful version of the Stepanie Mills song that includes a lot of the ballroom cast.

Anyway, the 2 episode start of the 3rd (and final season) is a kind of kick start as episode 3 (9th of May) is the only one listed. Yes, Billy Porter is a Queen without a Throne in most scenes but he does have a general good vibe which I appreciate.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 1905/03/2021

I'm trying to watch on FXNOW on my Apple TV but the 2nd episode is no longer there as far as I can tell

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 2005/03/2021

^ Maybe good taste prevailed and they pulled it.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 2105/03/2021

It really seems to be treading water now. Wasn’t everyone on drugs and then getting clean last season? We’re just doing that again? The only scene that worked for me was when Ricky moved out of the apartment at the end of episode 2. The ball scenes are fun but kind of meaningless... everyone gets a 10 and the main characters’ house is an instant win any time they deign to enter the competition. The show has always been glurge at best, but this feels like they’ve ran out of things to say.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 2205/03/2021

[quote]And wasn’t his dance teacher supposed to be a major character?

I love Charlayne Woodard and was disappointed to see her character vanish, especially after she began what seemed like it was going to be a mentorship/friendship with Blanca in S1.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 2305/04/2021

[quote]I love Charlayne Woodard and was disappointed to see her character vanish

Whenever a real actor (like Charlayne) appeared on the show, you were given a hint of what this POSE could have been if talent, skill and experience had been prioritized over "lived experience, self affirming fantasy version of recent history and bland queeny "fierceness" doing the work that real talent should be doing.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 2405/04/2021

[quote]Damon was abruptly written out because Ryan Jamaal Swain's sister was murdered last year so he was off for bereavement. Although I thought the way they handled the story was bizarre. Damon became an alcoholic, then got on the wagon and then relapsed. I don't know why they didn't just say he was on tour.

I also wondered if the noticeable weight gain (and its affect on his ability to Vogie) had smoething to do with it. Lamar is showing his lithe little body and they have Damon in 2 shirts and a f*cking sweater to hide the girth.

I also LOL'd at crack girl back on the pole, who's put on at least 20 around her hips and they are acting like she's wasting away. Are you blind?

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 2505/04/2021

R25 I thought she was pregnant, and then remembered....

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 2605/04/2021

The final season, good, so we wont have to hear about this shit and see the Billy Porter creature.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 2705/04/2021

Oy, this dialogue. La Bernhardt just said, "Fuck etiquette. How about basic manners."

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 2805/04/2021

Bernhardt has to be the worst actor of all time

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 2905/04/2021

And on Pose, that ^ is saying a lot

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 3005/04/2021

I think with Damon's diminished screentime that Woodard got less time. But she is a solid actress. They could have found a way to keep her on. I think MJ Rodriguez and Dominique are so watchable. MJ brings a lot of heart and Dominique brings the right amount of sass. I do think Indya can be good with decent material, but she hasn't had a good story since season 1.

I think that Canals and some of the other cast members dislike Swain. His tweets about Damon the other night were curt and abrupt. NOTHING about Swain. He was kissing Brandy and Mariah's ass and then going about how amazing Burnside and Porter were in their scene, also complimenting about Sahar, MJ and Jason Rodriguez. The silence about Swain was very telling.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 3105/04/2021

I like this Domincan cutie

Offsite Link
by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 3205/04/2021

Who is back on the pole?

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 3305/04/2021

Only 3 seasons?

Shouldn't a "landmark" series run longer?

Hell Gilligan's Island had three seasons and more episodes.

pathetic

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 3405/04/2021

Lol

This wasn't even a series, more like a miniseries with it's 8 episodes season 1 and 10 episodes season 2.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 3505/04/2021

How much is Angel? To fuck? As he is obviously a total fucking whore.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 3605/04/2021

Why is he a whore??

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 3705/04/2021

[quote]Who is back on the pole?

r33, Hailie Sahar who plays Lulu.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 3805/04/2021

I love listening to Dominique say “Dot Her.”

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 3905/06/2021

Did anyone else feel like you were watching a new show? It seems disconnected from the first seasons.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 4005/06/2021

I'm not buying the official story on Ryan Jamaal Swain's departure after 1 episode. Look at his Insta account. Sure there's mention of his sister, but there's also plenty of very recent self-promotion going on. This does not strike me as the account of someone on break from the entertainment industry to grieve.

What gives?

Offsite Link
by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 4105/06/2021

Ha ha ha! This shit show’s ratings were down 50% from last season’s numbers. Good.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 4205/06/2021

R29 Is Berhardt being type cast? She seems to play an AIDS nurse or doctor in so many series/films.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 4305/06/2021

I don't think I'm gonna be able to watch this thing. It's so bad.

First of all, wasn't Blanca in a wheelchair at the end of Season 2? And now she seems to be just fine.

Then there's the anachronistic dialogue. Blanca says "we're having a watch party" of the OJ low speed chase. The term "watch party" didn't exist in 1994.

And finally, there's the insufferable Billy Porter. I can barely stand to look at his overly pulled face, let alone endure his ridiculous histrionics. He really wants another Emmy.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 44Last Monday at 4:14 AM

The boyfriend of Bianca storyline is also completely bonkers. What promising young doctor says "I'm gonna take an uneducated tranny with AIDS as a wife?"

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 45Last Monday at 4:46 AM

They should have had a young actor portraying the boy Electra, not the ancient star, there was no believability to the flashback, just bad camp.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 46Last Monday at 5:10 AM

So what is the hoped for happy ending here, that they all get pussies?

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 47Last Monday at 5:23 AM

Yeah, what happened to Porter's face? It looks stretched.

They're so afraid to show them as "boys" because they have to acknowledge BIOLOGICAL FACTS.

Though, I was impressed that Indya let themself be portrayed as butch queen last night (and apparently they cut their hair for real for that episode).

Some of the writing was really bad last night, like when Elektra was declaring "herself" to her mother. It was so cheesy. Nobody talks like that. I thought the actress who played Elektra's mother brought authenticity to the scene, but then the life-affirming dialogue ruined the momentum.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 48Last Monday at 12:34 PM

They’re playing loose and fast with history again, the park was finished coverage the vats of human waste by 1993.

Offsite Link
by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 49Last Monday at 12:41 PM

Has Blanca had bottom surgery yet?

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 50Last Tuesday at 10:26 AM

Emmys for all the women!!!

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 51Last Tuesday at 10:28 AM

Golden Globes for the whole cast! Stunning and brave!

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 52Last Tuesday at 3:11 PM

Porter’s face is creepy.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 53Last Tuesday at 3:33 PM

Porter's face looks like it's going to snap. It is uncomfortable watching him.

Dominique is so gorgeous. She has improved dramatically as an actress, but she's also got the IT factor which helps her.

I thought Indya looked better with the shorter hair. They really haven't done anything with their character since season 2. I just don't care about the relationship between Angel and Papi.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 54Last Tuesday at 3:54 PM

I know it's fiction, but I just can't buy hood rat Papi as a successful model scout/agent.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 55Last Tuesday at 5:07 PM

I loved this episode...I thought the scenes between Electra and her mom were fantastic. I loved seeing the early days of the House of Abundance. I'm glad they resolved trunk situation and how they came together to help Electra. The best episode in a very long time!

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 5618 hours ago

I agree r56, and throughout Electra was the most convincing she has been in this show.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 5713 hours ago

Oh please, there was not one iota of believability in Electra as a boy in a dress, Orange is the New Black was exceptional in having Laverne’s real life identical twin brother play her as a pre-op, anything outside of that needs to be another actor all together. If there’s going to be an argument that trans people should be the ones playing trans characters, then it needs to work the other way around as well.

by Lil Papi's Realness Trophyreply 5813 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!