Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pfizer CEO: Vaccine third dose ‘likely’ needed within 12 months

The head of Pfizer said that people will “likely” need a third dose of his company’s COVID-19 vaccine — among the priciest on the market — within a year of being fully vaccinated.

CEO Albert Bourla also said annual vaccinations against the coronavirus may well be required.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 20, 2021 9:10 PM

Of cour$e they did. Did anyone think this gravy train was going to stop? A booster would cover any of the current and soon to appear variants. Hopefully that would be the end of it as infections drop and Covid has less chances to mutate.

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2021 10:35 PM

I know things will get better as the year goes on but I have a feeling in terms of won't go away, COVID is right up there with Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2021 10:37 PM

Why don’t they just give these people weed?

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2021 10:39 PM

All you need to know about the CEO: [quote]His political contributions have mostly been to Republicans either from the Northeastern United States or that oppose controls on prescription drug prices in the United States.

And can we please FF any asshole who mentions Markle in a thread not about her? These motherfuckers have already ruined this site with their psycho obsession.

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2021 10:39 PM

Yaaas kweenz!

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2021 10:40 PM

Kween$$$

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2021 10:41 PM

Its just like the annual flu shot. Viruses do mutate afterall.

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2021 11:19 PM

R4... I only meant it as an example of something that gets unstoppable press. Unclench. Or just die, whichever is easier for you.

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2021 11:39 PM

Having to get a third dose versus being in lockdown and having one’s life disrupted for well over a year?

Just tell me where to show up and when.

by Anonymousreply 10April 16, 2021 10:12 PM

[quote] Rolling my sleeve up as I type

It’s too early for the next booster. Roll that sleeve down until...hey, wait a minute. I didn’t know you had biceps like that. Ya know what, roll that back up.

by Anonymousreply 11April 16, 2021 10:17 PM

Got my first of 2 Pfizers this past week. One of the on-duty nurses alluded to this, i.e. that because it's such a new virus and they're tracking its efficacy as the months pass since the first vax trials, it could be we'd need a third dose subsequently after 6 months -- or 12 -- and, then, should the virus become endemic and regularly mutate after that, once annually or maybe once again in later years. In the big picture considering the short timespan passed in all this, who really knows yet? They also say that on the other hand, we may find that it protects or reduces infection sufficiently that we might only need another shot many years later, or perhaps still not at all. Time will soon tell from the accrued data, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 12April 17, 2021 4:08 AM

it's been around for awhile but finally mutated to a place where we couldn't fight it off. i totally thought we would need boosters when they said they had a vaccine. i'm ready to take them in exchange for having a semblance of the life we had before all of this.

by Anonymousreply 13April 17, 2021 5:15 AM

Moderna now says the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 14April 17, 2021 6:33 AM

Do all Covid vaccines need boosters ?

by Anonymousreply 15April 20, 2021 1:07 PM

So far Moderna and Pfizer is saying that’s very likely.

Johnson & Johnson are too busy figuring out how to get the spilled baby powder out of the latest batch.

by Anonymousreply 16April 20, 2021 8:23 PM

Apart from your hair trigger cynicism, you guys, is the detail that Pfizer has no impact on the South African variant. That is why a booster shot will be needed. Not necessarily because of some money grab.

by Anonymousreply 17April 20, 2021 8:26 PM

Please don’t mention hair. It triggers me.

by Anonymousreply 18April 20, 2021 8:36 PM

$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!$$$!

by Anonymousreply 19April 20, 2021 9:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!