Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Talk - What Is CBS Thinking?

Sharon Osbourne incident aside, can someone explain why the Talk is still on the air? While I realize it's cheap to produce, it's so....boring. None of the co-hosts - even when Sharon was on - are standouts. Sure, Sheryl is funny...in a safe way. Elaine is poised and knowledgeable...in a safe way. Sharon - while there - was "outrageous"....in a safe way. Carrie Ann Inaba is a snooze and Amanda Kloots seems stupid as hell (and what is she famous for?).

They actively avoid controversy or hot topics and when they do....it's boring. At least the View has strong points of view and the Real does as well, alongside a specific audience target of black women. Why in God's name does this show exist? Why does CBS keep it on the air?

by Anonymousreply 16April 19, 2021 11:28 PM

Ask the good people of Peapack, New Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 1April 14, 2021 3:06 PM

Sells ads, OP. You're watching, right?

by Anonymousreply 2April 14, 2021 3:07 PM

The show is a fluffy version of the View, and it intentionally has avoided talking about politics. (I guess this prevents viewers from disliking any of the hosts.) Sara Gilbert had conceived The Talk as a chat show for moms, but after Holly and Leah were let go, the show decided to be more diverse and hire two childfree hosts, Sheryl and Aisha Tyler.

I enjoyed the show during Season 1, mainly because Leah and Holly were so much fun with their off-the-cuff humor. After they left, the show seemed so dull for me, even though I did like Sheryl and Aisha.

by Anonymousreply 3April 14, 2021 3:26 PM

[quote]Sharon Osbourne incident aside, can someone explain why the Talk is still on the air?

For the same reason anything is on the air -- it makes money.

In case you haven't learned this lesson about life yet -- EVERYTHING is about money.

by Anonymousreply 4April 14, 2021 3:29 PM

And why is that cunt Amanda Kloots a co-host? She whined on social media about her theater queen husband dying from Co-vid, and that landed her a talk show gig? Cancel the show.

by Anonymousreply 5April 14, 2021 3:33 PM

The View has become unwatchable dreck.

I think the Talk will be cancelled after this year. With that Z list cast, I think ratings will plummet even worse than they were once the Sharon situation clears.

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2021 1:34 AM

The ratings dropped when Marie Osmond was fired by Sharon und Sheryl.

She is probably off cackling about this mess somewhere right about now.

by Anonymousreply 7April 18, 2021 6:17 PM

Who is the moderator now? It used to Julie Chen when she was around, also didn't the talk beat the view in the ratings a few years back? Maybe they should go back to the old format that worked before.

by Anonymousreply 8April 18, 2021 6:26 PM

The Talk provides gainful employment to TWO BLACK WOMEN. Your white supremacy is showing.

by Anonymousreply 9April 18, 2021 6:28 PM

People said the same thing about The View after the mass exodus of several hosts. Remember when Jenny McCarthy was a fucking host? Yeah. And here we are almost ten years later the show is still on.

The View has made it obligatory for every network to have the same type of show on the air no matter what. As mentioned it is a cheap and easy way to satisfy the target demo in the middle of day, so the show will likely never be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 10April 18, 2021 6:38 PM

Jackee Harry would bring this show back to life.

by Anonymousreply 11April 18, 2021 6:57 PM

Implying the Talk should be cancelled is an act of raciial aggression to Sheryl underwood.

by Anonymousreply 12April 18, 2021 6:59 PM

If you want to talk about the issues of the day on TV, then you need to include politics. If you eliminate politics, you're just not relevant. Otherwise, all you do is talk about the Housewives, the Bachelor and family issues. That's boring and after a while has no substance.

by Anonymousreply 13April 18, 2021 10:26 PM

Having spent the past 50 or so years working, I have never understood daytime television. I know not everyone works 9-5, but even when I worked nights in restaurants I was never interested. I have a "stay-at-home mommy" (seriously) relative who will ask me if I watch a TV show that's on during the day. I always want to scream, "No, because I work all day you stupid cow!" She'll even try to get me to record something like The View because it's a stimulating debate and "you're so smart, you'd love the arguments they have about important topics." It is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 14April 18, 2021 10:34 PM

R14 you do know the daytime shows like soaps and talkshows are made with women/stay at home moms in their mind, the guys are not their target demo, it never was!

by Anonymousreply 15April 18, 2021 10:41 PM

Yes of course I know that. Just the way that women blather on and on about these shows that they know working people don’t know anything about is irksome.

by Anonymousreply 16April 19, 2021 11:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!