Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tyra is trending on Twitter right now for being CANCELED

This clip of ANTM is going viral and people feel Tyra is always extra hard on darker skin black women. They’re upset.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 13, 2021 12:14 AM

what a dumb show.

by Anonymousreply 1April 12, 2021 11:48 PM

This whole cancelling people for being honest/not nice is tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 2April 12, 2021 11:50 PM

I love that show. It’s stupid but so fun and entertaining.

And most of the criticisms given were true, albeit exaggerated. I didn’t always agree with the panel but they know what it’s like in the industry. I don’t feel Tyra was being more mean to darker skinned women will bad intent, I think she’s preparing them for what they’re gonna hear in the industry all the time. She was always telling them how important having thick skin is in that industry, so she was hard to get them ready.

I’m sure many agencies would be more harsh.

by Anonymousreply 3April 12, 2021 11:53 PM

She just seems so cunty and unpleasant, there’s a reason she should be in print only.

by Anonymousreply 4April 12, 2021 11:54 PM

Fuck, it was a hundred years ago before everything and everyone was woke woke woke. I loathe Tyra but she doesn't deserve to be cancelled for this.

by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2021 11:56 PM

Someone needs to travel back in time to her first shoot and rip her to shreds and make a new asshole of her so she remembers what it was like when she was a newbie dumbfuck.

by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2021 11:56 PM

Be quiet Tiffany!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2021 11:57 PM

R6 Naomie was very mean to her when she was new on the scene.

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2021 11:57 PM

R7 that scene/gifs from that scene is always used

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2021 11:57 PM

I can't believe a show dedicated to judging women based on their looks would judge a woman badly based on her looks.

by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2021 11:59 PM

R10 they’re upset because they feel she is more harsh and “bullies” the dark skin black women. Not the light skin black women etc.

by Anonymousreply 11April 13, 2021 12:01 AM

Supposedly Janice was making monkey noises? I didn’t hear that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 13, 2021 12:02 AM

Neither did I, r12. It sounded like she was making the "Psycho" sound.

by Anonymousreply 13April 13, 2021 12:03 AM

Oh Lord

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 13, 2021 12:03 AM

Oliver Twixt has interviewed more than 80 top model contestants during the pandemic. Two of the judges too. Then Tyra called him.....

Tyra may not be cancelled, but she sure as fuck wasn't nice. Oliver is obsessed with the show and its contestants, but he manages to be a pretty skillful interviewer. Here is Shandi, from Cycle two. The one who got drunk and slept with the Italian boy who came over after hours. Then had a breakdown and confessed to her boyfriend. Oy. Oliver has much bigger GETS than Shandi, but she is a lot of fun in the interview. And pretty insightful about Miss Banks. Cycle two was the bomb BTW.

[quote]If Tyra Banks was standing in front of you now, what would you say to her?

Oliver is very gay. Be nice to him. This a labour of love time capsule for the ages. Overall, Tyra comes off very poorly. He interviews sexy ASS Nigel Barker too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 13, 2021 12:05 AM

A colorist? Lmaooooooooooo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 13, 2021 12:05 AM

Not to be mean, what supermodel from the past WAS nice? There are horror stories about all of them.

My stepfather met Cindy Crawford around 1995 in NYC and has hated her ever since.

by Anonymousreply 17April 13, 2021 12:07 AM

OP, she was already cancelled over the summer for ANTM.

by Anonymousreply 18April 13, 2021 12:07 AM

R18 she’s being canceled again. Apparently this is like the third time Lmaooo

by Anonymousreply 19April 13, 2021 12:09 AM

I remember years ago she and Janice made fun of a model who had her hair all cut off for the show. Those two have always been cunts to the contestants.

by Anonymousreply 20April 13, 2021 12:09 AM

Most of the black models that won the show were darker skinned. Only Saliesha and the one with the weird skin condition were not.

by Anonymousreply 21April 13, 2021 12:12 AM

Ironically Janice and Tyra hated each other too lmao

by Anonymousreply 22April 13, 2021 12:12 AM

R21 season 3, Eva won. Light skin with light eyes

by Anonymousreply 23April 13, 2021 12:12 AM

I’m embarrassed to say I remember this episode and I think the clip of the first girl is shown out of context.

The photoshoot was supposed to show their natural look, Yaya (the first girl) had really bad acne and had started seeing a dermatologist that same day, her picture looked good but she had a way to go in terms of getting clear skin.

I don’t remember the context of the comment about Kelly (the second girl) but as R13 said it sounded like Janice was making a Psycho sound effect, not a monkey sound effect.

Kelly referred to herself as a monkey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 13, 2021 12:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!