Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shelley Hack - why is she so popular?

I want to look like her. Tiffany Welles is my idol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319August 27, 2023 6:31 PM

Because she thinks your way!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 12, 2021 10:28 PM

Tiffany Welles was the epitome of East coast sophistication.

by Anonymousreply 2April 12, 2021 10:29 PM

Is Shelley more popular than Veronica Lake? Because I know Veronica is really popular. I want to look like her and I am a 50 yo gay man. Doesn't everyone, nowadays?

by Anonymousreply 3April 12, 2021 10:31 PM

I don’t know who the fuck Veronica Lake is. I’m 47 yrs led.

by Anonymousreply 4April 12, 2021 10:32 PM

OK. Well you know who is really popular? Lady Godiva. She is so popular, the most popular gal nowadays, that Lady Godiva. From the famous chocolate family you know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2021 10:37 PM

[Quote] I’m 47 yrs led.

Led to wter?

by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2021 10:45 PM

R5 go jump in the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 7April 13, 2021 12:33 AM

Toilets are very popular.

by Anonymousreply 8April 13, 2021 12:34 AM

I’m a Tiffany troll!

by Anonymousreply 9April 13, 2021 12:57 AM

Here she is starring in Cutter to Houston a medical series with Alec Baldwin. Nowadays, he's the big star!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 13, 2021 1:20 AM

Op: is aging badly. Her Caftan is tatty.

by Anonymousreply 11April 13, 2021 1:32 AM

II want to discuss Thelma Ritter. Just why is she so popular? And Karen Valentine? Well?

by Anonymousreply 12April 13, 2021 1:47 AM

Because she's the fragrance that's here TODAY!

by Anonymousreply 13April 13, 2021 1:52 AM

Tiffany kicks ass

by Anonymousreply 14April 13, 2021 2:05 AM

What about Clara Bow - she has IT!

by Anonymousreply 15April 13, 2021 2:09 AM

I think the secret to her DL popularity is her immense sense of style.

by Anonymousreply 16April 13, 2021 10:13 PM

OP’s video is a great representation of Miss Tiffany Welles.

by Anonymousreply 17April 13, 2021 10:14 PM

I watched "King of Comedy" way after it came out and was surprised to see Shelly Hack in there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 13, 2021 10:17 PM

Her hair always looked like it needed a good conditioner...maybe VO5 hot oil treatment.

by Anonymousreply 19April 13, 2021 10:18 PM

Hair always looked good to me.

Shelley was mentioned on the Sopranos. The guys even broke into singing the Charlie commercial (Hesh and Paulie Walnuts, etc.).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 13, 2021 10:24 PM

[quote]II want to discuss Thelma Ritter. Just why is she so popular?

Hey now, let’s leave Queen Thelma out of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 13, 2021 10:26 PM

Thelma was the best thing in Rear Window.

by Anonymousreply 22April 13, 2021 10:28 PM

What about the mid-80’s classic Jack and Mike?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 13, 2021 10:33 PM

Did Aaron just not re-new her contract for season 5? That must have been painful for her. I actually don't think she was THAT bad, they never really developed her character of Tiffany Welles. Shelley must have had a great agent, because after getting FIRED from "Charlies Angels" she was cast as the lead in 2 other network series.

by Anonymousreply 24April 13, 2021 10:37 PM

R24 I think it was a network decision. The ratings weren’t good. They needed a scapegoat and so she was an easy one. If they wanted a renewal they would have to replace her. Besides the search for an Angel always generated press so it was a win/win. I agree they never really gave her a chance and in later episodes I think she started to develop the character.

by Anonymousreply 25April 13, 2021 10:43 PM

Let's face it. She was also flat-chested and it was a show that featured women running down the street, jiggling. Somehow, Kate Jackson was OK, maybe because Farrah Fawcett made up for all that was lacking.

by Anonymousreply 26April 13, 2021 10:56 PM

I think it would have been very difficult for the show to survive both the loss of Fawcett AND Jackson. Bringing on new people in a pretty small cast (only 5 actors) is hard for viewers to adapt to. Shows that do this tend to suffer. ALL IN THE FAMILY comes to mind. Losing Sally Struthers and Rob Reiner creatively killed that show.

by Anonymousreply 27April 13, 2021 11:14 PM

Jackson wanted out like Farrah. If I was Aaron I would have made Kate suffer and fulfill her contract of 5 years. Kate got to walk, no lawsuit, no 6 required "guest appearances" like Farrah. It was really unfair. If I was Jaclyn and Cheryl I would have been pissed.

by Anonymousreply 28April 13, 2021 11:29 PM

Is she?

by Anonymousreply 29April 13, 2021 11:31 PM

Yes, I too question this as is she? Have you seen my pussy?

by Anonymousreply 30April 13, 2021 11:32 PM

Who?

Was I there?

I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 31April 13, 2021 11:34 PM

They always just pointed over their shoulders and said, "before girls."

by Anonymousreply 32April 13, 2021 11:36 PM

Tanya Roberts was awful - Shelly must have laughed her ass off when they announced Roberts as her replacement.

by Anonymousreply 33April 13, 2021 11:41 PM

Shelly Hack is wonderful in her Charlie ads. I just love seeing them on the TEEVEE. I can't wait til later this spring when I can nip over to the Carlyle for a cocktail with Bobby Short. Then a twirl at Studio 54. Who's game?

by Anonymousreply 34April 13, 2021 11:51 PM

Stupid asses post here! Ugh! Shelly Hack’s season 4 of Charlie’s Angels finished the top 20 of tv shows. Season 5 dropped into the 40s-50s.

by Anonymousreply 35April 13, 2021 11:59 PM

r35 I don't understand why they fired her? She must have been REALLY difficult to work with..

by Anonymousreply 36April 14, 2021 12:28 AM

Did Jaclyn Smith really want to get out of her contract? She seemed like she appreciated the work (money).

by Anonymousreply 37April 14, 2021 12:29 AM

Is Shelley off Angels now? Who is on it next season? Is Shelley going Hollywood? Gonna be the pictures?

by Anonymousreply 38April 14, 2021 12:31 AM

Jaclyn struck me as loyal to the show although she was admittedly very ready to leave by the last year.

by Anonymousreply 39April 14, 2021 12:37 AM

R39 I think both Jaclyn AND Cheryl were. They managed to survive and still thrive with Farrah leaving. But when Kate left it was too much. They should’ve just kept Shelley through the end of the series. A revolving door cast doesn’t bode well for high ratings.

by Anonymousreply 40April 14, 2021 1:04 AM

Who here flicked their bean to her poster?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 14, 2021 1:14 AM

R24 that's THREE series - after ANGELS she also landed NIGHT COURT and did a day or two of work and got fired from that too, or left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 14, 2021 1:34 AM

r42 Are you kidding me? How in the fuck did she keep getting hired? No talent what so ever, and pretty, but nothing spectacular by any means. I remember Aaron offered her acting lessons and she refused

by Anonymousreply 43April 14, 2021 7:45 AM

I think Cheryl Ladd was more approachable.

by Anonymousreply 44April 14, 2021 7:55 AM

Let's be clear: Kate Jackson invented "Charlie's Angels", the name and the whole concept were her ideas! (she never got paid a cent for her ideas though!) So without Kate Jackson, no "Charlie's Angels". She was the only actress on the show and she knew the ropes. The other inexperienced angels learned a lot from her. She was the leader on and off screen, protecting the other girls from being overworked. Jackson also demanded better scripts because she had been promised a show with more depth. The executives didn't like for a woman to speak her mind. The 70's... That's where "she's difficult" started. A woman not wanting to don a bikini but wanting to improve the show! You go, girl! By early season 3 Spelling wouldn't let Jackson do "Kramer vs. Kramer" and that's when she definitely wanted out. She fulfilled her contract and finished season 3 and told them she'd quit so Spelling told her she can't quit she's fired. In a documentary Spelling recalls saying "hell, what next!!" after Jackson had told them she wanted to do something else. So they were desperate because they were going to lose their real star, the real actress with the special something, who had been there from the beginning! Jaclyn said she hated to see Kate go. Which is no surprise. Kate, Farrah and Jaclyn had true chemistry. Charlie's Angels was never the same after Kate Jackson left.

by Anonymousreply 45April 14, 2021 7:59 AM

r45 IF that true that Kate was the only actress on the show and so important to the series, than why didi they let her walk out with 2 years left on her contract? They sue Farrah, stop her from working with a non-compete, and make her come back for 6 guest appearances. Kate has a hissy fit and calls the shots? They didn't let Jaclyn do the James Bond movie "Moonraker" and it makes sense that Kate couldn't do "Kramer VS Kramer". They had contract obligations, "Charlies Angels" made those girls.

by Anonymousreply 46April 14, 2021 8:12 AM

Kate needs to remember the role in "Kramer vs Kramer" didn't win an Academy Award, it was the PERFORMANCE. Meryl Streep compared to Jackson is a ridiculous comparison.

by Anonymousreply 47April 14, 2021 3:01 PM

I think Kate could have been very good in Kramer vs Kramer. Would it have been a different performance? Of course. Meryl Streep was also at the beginning of her career. R47 you're making a comparison on a career of a body of work.

Kate Jackson also if I remember has never spoken publicly about not being able to do the role. But I could see how as an actress being offered as role as prestigious as that and not being able to do it. It would be a disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 48April 14, 2021 3:11 PM

Shelley Hack is NOT popular. She is everyone's least favorite angel. I would even go so far as to say Shelley Hack is hated. The rot set in when she joined.

by Anonymousreply 49April 14, 2021 3:40 PM

I was surprised to see that Shelley hosted one of those clips shows for Charlie's Angels in the late 1990s / early 2000s.

by Anonymousreply 50April 14, 2021 3:42 PM

Shelly Hack IS popular. She is MY FAVORITE ANGEL! She is NOT HATED.

by Anonymousreply 51April 14, 2021 3:54 PM

[quote] Charlie's Angels was never the same after Kate Jackson left.

To be fair, the “quality” of the writing started taking a nosedive in Season 3. And the boring Kris solo episode, “Rosemary for Resemblance” at the end of S3 was a preview of what was to come in S4 where we got a lot of solo Angel episodes which tended to be boring (the exception being the Big Aggie episode which will always be a series standout!). The best episode of S4 by far was the three Angels being hunted on an island.

by Anonymousreply 52April 14, 2021 4:58 PM

The 2 things I love about the S4 Angel Hunt episode id that Kris and Kelly don't even try to help Tiffany, or even look for her, and that after finding out the Angels caught the bad guy, Charlie speeds away from the island so they don't see him, yet the island is still full of Tigers

by Anonymousreply 53April 14, 2021 5:10 PM

I love r59’s take on that episode.

by Anonymousreply 54April 14, 2021 5:40 PM

Focused and galvanized

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 14, 2021 5:41 PM

Tiffany & Kris are onto something

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 14, 2021 5:43 PM

Toot toot hey beep beep

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 14, 2021 5:46 PM

Jac & Hack

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 14, 2021 5:48 PM

Hot on your ass in the orange Pinto!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 14, 2021 5:50 PM

Kris: “Poor Tiffany.”

Kelly: “Which one is she?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 14, 2021 5:52 PM

Pretty Tiffany

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 14, 2021 5:55 PM

If Shelly had sex reassignment surgery

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 14, 2021 5:56 PM

Gorgeous and underrated

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 14, 2021 5:57 PM

My hair may need a Alberto VO5 hot oil treatment but I’m still chic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 14, 2021 6:01 PM

R52 who really watched CA for the literate scripts? It was mainly about t and a and the chemistry the cast had before Kate left. Spelling knew how to do junk food entertainment like no other.

by Anonymousreply 65April 14, 2021 6:21 PM

Actually the best episode of S4 was Harrigan's Angel with Howard Duff. Its a terrific episode. Actually one of the best of the series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 14, 2021 8:47 PM

R66 I hated that episode.

by Anonymousreply 67April 14, 2021 9:16 PM

Shelley Hack is HATED! Her hoity-toity mien was the dead weight that began dragging the show down to the depths. Even the in-your-face street smarts of Tanya Roberts could not save the sinking ship. I hate Shelley Hack!

by Anonymousreply 68April 14, 2021 9:32 PM

Bye bye r68.

by Anonymousreply 69April 14, 2021 10:24 PM

[quote]IF that true that Kate was the only actress on the show and so important to the series, than why didi they let her walk out with 2 years left on her contract?

Kate signed a seven-year contract with Spelling-Goldberg to do The Rookies. She was committed to do another series with them if The Rookies got canceled before then, which it did.

That's why she was in on Charlie's Angels from the creation. She did four seasons of The Rookies and three of Charlie's Angels.

by Anonymousreply 70April 14, 2021 10:38 PM

R70 don’t really give a shit. She was my least favorite. I was happy to see her go.

by Anonymousreply 71April 14, 2021 10:59 PM

[quote] who really watched CA for the literate scripts? It was mainly about t and a and the chemistry the cast had before Kate left.

That’s true...to a point. As a gayling I definitely wasn’t interested in the T&A aspect! And as far as chemistry there was a lot of it in S1, but Kate and Cheryl had very little of it which is quite evident in hindsight. The strength of Season 2 was that it had fun premises - the circus, a beauty pageant, Hawaii...

If there had been more episodes like “Angel Hunt” in S4 I think the show would have remained Top 10 in the ratings. And Shelley would have given a fair chance. She did get more likable as the season progressed.

by Anonymousreply 72April 14, 2021 11:39 PM

Yeah it didn’t remain in the Top 10. Instead the Top 20.

by Anonymousreply 73April 14, 2021 11:42 PM

Shelley did her own stunts. Would Jaclyn have done this? I don’t fucking think so!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74April 15, 2021 2:03 AM

So, she's a real "jack of all trades" r74?

by Anonymousreply 75April 15, 2021 2:24 AM

She was a master of modelling.

by Anonymousreply 76April 15, 2021 2:28 AM

Way too many episodes from S4 listed here. I think OP voted a hundred times or something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 15, 2021 3:25 AM

Shelley turned down the role of Joanna in KRAMER VS. KRAMER, too, but you don’t hear her bitching about it.

Kate was like a dog with a bone.

by Anonymousreply 78April 15, 2021 6:30 AM

For Jaclyn Smith fans, watch "Shear Genius," specifically, the season featuring DL favorite Tabatha Coffey.

by Anonymousreply 79April 15, 2021 6:53 AM

R46 Of course it is true! R70 explains it perfectly. On a side note Farrah was paid $150,000 Dollars for each of her guest appearances. None of the involved were allowed to make this public for several years.

As I said Jackson created the show that made those girls. It also made Kate a huge star but she was already very popular with audiences when she did "The Rookies". Kate was no Barbie Doll and never intended to be one. Instead she brought warmth, depth and credibility to the show. Also comedy. She changed a lot of things. Kate said it was the most fun creating characters that weren't written in the scripts, doing accents, doing anything that made the character and the scenes completely different in a good way. It is widely recognized that Kate Jackson was the only true actress on the show. And a very talented one at that who had studied at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in NYC. She had a lot of acting experience when she became an Angel. You don’t have to be an expert to see Jackson’s great skill.

The Kramer vs. Kramer people were very willing to be accommodating to Jackson's Charlie’s Angels schedule. And Kate was willing to fly to NYC on weekends to do the movie and work on CA during the week! There were negotiations and just when things seemed to work out Spelling/Goldberg made it impossible. Goldberg is on record saying they didn't know at the time what a wonderful part it was. I see…. Looks like if they had known they would have let Kate do the movie. It was a big mistake for them to prevent their star from doing that movie. The End of Charlie’s Angels. You are right R48!

by Anonymousreply 80April 15, 2021 8:44 AM

Kate Jackson made a big splash in Dark Shadows circa '70-'71. It makes sense that Spelling-Goldberg—which wanted to become a major drama-series production house like QM—would sign her to a long-term deal starting in '72.

It also makes sense that Kate would be pissed off that she helped give Spelling-Goldberg two big hit dramas in six years and they couldn't work around her schedule for a few weeks to do one movie role.

by Anonymousreply 81April 15, 2021 8:58 AM

Tiff was the one who held the team together to solve the case when Kris and Kelly were acting like two heartbroken teenage twats sparring over fucking Patrick Duffy! Maybe 5 should have been Tiffany with two new additions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 15, 2021 9:33 AM

Shelley Hack would have made sense as a Jaclyn Smith replacement. They should have got a character type replacement for Kate - maybe a spunky teen in the Kristy McNichol mold.

by Anonymousreply 83April 15, 2021 9:48 AM

Shelley gets too much blame and Kate gets too much credit for Charlie's Angels' downfall.

It all had to do with competition. CA was a smash hit in its first three seasons on Wednesdays at 9 because CBS and NBC had nothing to put against it. In season 4, NBC slotted Diff'rent Strokes against CA, which took the kiddie audience and knocked CA down to #20. Not that bad, considering.

But when Tanya Roberts joined, ABC moved CA to Sundays at 8 against Archie Bunker and CHiPS, and the ratings dropped into the bottom 10. If it had stayed on Wednesday at 9, it would have led into Dynasty and been fine. But a new programming regime wanted the old one's shows off the schedule.

by Anonymousreply 84April 15, 2021 11:22 AM

R80 All Kate would do is chew gum and do a stereotype Brooklyn accent

by Anonymousreply 85April 15, 2021 11:25 AM

R85 LMAO! Why don't you try to watch ALL of Kate's episodes instead of just "Counterfeit Angels".

by Anonymousreply 86April 15, 2021 11:43 AM

R86 She aslo does it in Angels Ahoy

by Anonymousreply 87April 15, 2021 12:12 PM

R87 Yes, you're right. She did IT twice out of 69 episodes OMG!

by Anonymousreply 88April 15, 2021 12:27 PM

R88 Within episodes of each other. Not a good thing for such a talented, creative, highly trained actress

by Anonymousreply 89April 15, 2021 12:32 PM

R89 I tell you what. Watch all of Kate's 69 episodes, try to pay attention not just to the obvious but to the nuances of her acting, be open, then let's discuss.

by Anonymousreply 90April 15, 2021 1:03 PM

R90 I'm just kidding with you. I love Kate and Sabrina's my favorite. Still pissed Covid cancelled the Chiller Theatre show she was going to be at last April. Really wanted to meet her. Was going to get multiple things signed.

by Anonymousreply 91April 15, 2021 1:12 PM

R91 Hahaha okay! Yeah, too bad the Chiller Theatre show had to be cancelled because of Covid! Such a pity. Otherwise you would have met Kate!!!

by Anonymousreply 92April 15, 2021 1:40 PM

IMO, Kate Jackson's acting talent was somewhere in the middle. I do think she could have played that role in Kramer vs. Kramer (played by Meryl Streep).

by Anonymousreply 93April 15, 2021 7:07 PM

Only on the DL are people still wondering "what if?" about Kate Jackson not being allowed to do KRAMER VS. KRAMER. I love you old queens.

by Anonymousreply 94April 15, 2021 7:46 PM

Is Kate really mentally ill? I see updated info on Cheryl, Jaclyn, and Shelly. Kate was a HUGe part of that era.

by Anonymousreply 95April 15, 2021 10:45 PM

Well, if she is, she doesn't bother the public.

by Anonymousreply 96April 15, 2021 11:04 PM

I’m thinking about sponsoring an annual Shelley Hack fan meeting and inviting Ms. Hack herself.

by Anonymousreply 97April 15, 2021 11:36 PM

I never see Kate Jackson’s adopted son, Charles. She adopted him in 1995.

by Anonymousreply 98April 15, 2021 11:54 PM

R98 he’s probably dead.

by Anonymousreply 99April 16, 2021 12:39 AM

There’s an actress that’s here today

And they call her…SHELLEY

A different actress that thinks your way

And they call her… SHELLEY

Kinda young, kinda now… SHELLEY

Kinda free, kinda [bold]WOW[/bold]… SHELLEY

Kinda actress that ‘s gonna stay

And she’s here now…SHELLEY

THATS why, BITCHES.

by Anonymousreply 100April 16, 2021 12:48 AM

Farrah's fake ass smile as she stands next to Hack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101April 16, 2021 3:24 AM

Shelley, also known as Untalented.

by Anonymousreply 102April 16, 2021 3:28 AM

r101 Farrah must have been DYING every time she had to go back to Charlies Angels. I don't think that has ever happened before on a series, literally forcing Garrah back to ACT.

by Anonymousreply 103April 16, 2021 3:29 AM

[quote]R83 Shelley Hack would have made sense as a Jaclyn Smith replacement. They should have got a character type replacement for Kate - maybe a spunky teen in the Kristy McNichol mold.

Didn’t they actually shoot some tests of McNichol when Sada Thompson had to “drop out” as a replacement angel? (Now the whole world knows she was fired)

Supposedly that caused a real breach between the two actresses.

by Anonymousreply 104April 16, 2021 3:39 AM

r101. Had to be really awkward for Farrah. Shelley barely hanging on during the 4th season, Farrah coming back with no longer any buzz about her, Jaclyn wanting the whole thing over. They only good thing was Cheryl Ladd.

by Anonymousreply 105April 16, 2021 3:43 AM

Cheryl Ladd is never a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 106April 16, 2021 3:44 AM

You would have thought that Spelling/Goldberg would've learned after the Hack debacle that another conventionally 'pretty' Angel wasn't what the public wanted, they wanted a 'smart', 'sensible' Angel like Kate, which is why Sada Thompson would have been perfect. Sada's Angel Lorraine would've taken the show in a different direction and she would have brought over her fan base from Family, a completely different demographic. I know Sada's on record as saying she didn't like the costuming (jeans, twin sets and pumps) and didn't realize she would have to run so much, but the reality is it came down to Spelling/Goldberg not wanting to take a chance. As they found out quickly: it blew up in their face.

by Anonymousreply 107April 16, 2021 3:59 AM

Cheryl was so old looking by Season 4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 16, 2021 4:02 AM

Margo should have been the final Angel, not Julie.

by Anonymousreply 109April 16, 2021 4:03 AM

r108 I noticed that about Cheryl also. It's like by the 4th season, she aged 10 years. She looks better now I think. I don't know what happened to her. Compare Season 2 into as Kris Munroe to Season 5. Cheryl just started to look tired. She really was working her 15 minutes, like 6 posters, 2 albums, ABC specials, guesting on every variety show to showcase her singing. Maybe she was just worn out?

by Anonymousreply 110April 16, 2021 4:15 AM

R110 There was quite a few photos at Studio 54 in 78 -79. Bitch was partying hard!

by Anonymousreply 111April 16, 2021 7:41 AM

Cheryl really had the BEST career - Broadway, albums, 2 series after CA, She still working today. As a replacement angel, she has really been able to make her way..

by Anonymousreply 112April 16, 2021 5:03 PM

R108 is exaggerating.

by Anonymousreply 113April 16, 2021 10:21 PM

R107 is an amoeba. Shelley Hack’s Tiffany Welles character was smart and pretty.

by Anonymousreply 114April 16, 2021 10:23 PM

Shelley revolutionized the way angels were seen within the industry... indeed, across America!

No longer did “the smart one” have to look like a scarecrow dyke... now she could look like a top model!

by Anonymousreply 115April 17, 2021 3:38 AM

Just the way that Kelly looks at Tiff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 17, 2021 7:09 AM

Did Shelley ever meet the infamous Bootsie Gumdrops?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117April 17, 2021 10:54 AM

Bootie shit drops

by Anonymousreply 118April 17, 2021 10:44 PM

It was because of her huge range of expression as an actress. She could truly do it all, from Ophelia to Gertrude, from Phédre to Rostand's L'Aiglon.

by Anonymousreply 119April 17, 2021 10:46 PM

I hated that the show never referenced the Angels that left the series. Even Jill was only referenced when she was making a required appearance. Like all of a sudden, POOf - Tiffany went back to Boston, no explanation at all!

by Anonymousreply 120April 17, 2021 11:00 PM

I would’ve liked to have seen what Tiffany would do in this situation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121April 17, 2021 11:31 PM

Shelley really revolutionized acting for the camera, across the boards. There’s nothing that gal couldn’t do.

The truth is Jaclyn and Cheryl threatened to walk if Hack wasn’t dropped. She was showing them both up with the smallest move of her little finger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 18, 2021 7:09 AM

[quote] I hated that the show never referenced the Angels that left the series.

“You’re no Sabrina Duncan.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 18, 2021 7:18 AM

Never referenced?

by Anonymousreply 124April 18, 2021 1:21 PM

Cozi has been running her season the past few weeks, and she was quite good and likeable. She was often paired with Bosley, but so was Sabrina in the first few seasons. TPTB should have kept her for the final season (but not filmed in Hawaii).

by Anonymousreply 125April 18, 2021 3:39 PM

I wonder if the next remake of Charlie's Angels will go dark. Kelly won't just do heroin once, she'll be a crackhead. Sabrina will be a thief who robs gay men while disguised as one. But one day she murders a trick and she has to decide between serving time or serving Charlie. Jill, of course, will have anal cancer.

by Anonymousreply 126April 18, 2021 3:48 PM

[quote] If I was Aaron I would have made Kate suffer and fulfill her contract of 5 years.

Similarly I would have had lots of interaction between Jill and the other Angels in all of Farrah’s guest episodes. Farrah must have had it in her contract that for S4 she’d have as little screen time with the other actresses as possible. Instead they paired her up with a male guest star (eg Timothy Dalton) for almost the entire episode which was always a major bore.

I think the only time she and Shelley were in the same frame involved Tiff pouring her a glass of champagne and Jill saying ‘thank you’.

Farrah’s last episode involved Jill being kidnapped, and she shared a tiny scene with Cheryl Ladd when she’s rescued. Her very last scene was with David Doyle without any of the other Angels.

by Anonymousreply 127April 18, 2021 4:52 PM

[quote]r127 Farrah must have had it in her contract that for S4 she’d have as little screen time with the other actresses as possible.

Maybe her scenes were shot at midnight on an empty, locked set... like they did to the fallen Suzanne?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128April 18, 2021 7:38 PM

R121 Tiffany would NOT have stood for Big Angie calling her names like Chicken. Kris turned to jello around her.

by Anonymousreply 129April 18, 2021 8:28 PM

Kris was fun size to big ‘ol lesbians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130April 18, 2021 9:08 PM

Tiffany epitomized the Pillow Princess.

by Anonymousreply 131April 18, 2021 9:24 PM

Shelley was exquisite, but by the time she came along the cast was poisoned - every cast mate had scrapes with the law, drugs, and satanism. It’s like she was Cousin Oliver and Mike Brady was sucking off Tiger.

by Anonymousreply 132April 18, 2021 9:40 PM

[quote]R132 Shelley was exquisite

So true. She made that Jackson cunt look like dog meat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133April 18, 2021 9:58 PM

I'm not saying Bette Midler is a whore or the band Chicago is a whore, but Shelley Hack might very well be a whore.

by Anonymousreply 134April 18, 2021 10:09 PM

“We laced Shelley Duvall’s Tang with psilocybin. She won’t tell the difference!”

by Anonymousreply 135April 18, 2021 10:17 PM

Shelley was beautiful, but something was missing. Just no chemistry. I don't think the writers can craft that

by Anonymousreply 136April 18, 2021 10:39 PM

R136, perhaps it’s that glass eye of yours that missed the talent that was and is Shelly Hack. Hmn? Have another, Dear, while you think about it. Yeah. It’s ok.

by Anonymousreply 137April 18, 2021 10:42 PM

r137. Um, I never said she didn't have talent. She was later cast in 3 other network series's. It's just that Shelley didn't have that spark of chemistry with her co-stars. im sure that's why she was also fired from Night Court. Jaclyn wasn't a great actress, but she just gave off good energy with the other girls.

by Anonymousreply 138April 18, 2021 10:51 PM

Shelley’s Tiffany was intelligent, pretty and witty. The whole East Coast vibe was very appealing. She looked fab in all of the Nolan Miller fashions. Sure, her hair looked like straw during the first half of her season but I found her a big step up from Kate Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 139April 18, 2021 10:53 PM

Who will EVER forget that Shelley hack wrote, choreographed, danced, AND sang the penultimate number in “Flashdance”????? Oscar snubbed Shelley and that’s when I KNEW it was simply a popularity contest!

by Anonymousreply 140April 18, 2021 10:56 PM

I thought Shelley and Cheryl clicked on screen. Jaclyn was up her own butt at that point.

by Anonymousreply 141April 18, 2021 10:57 PM

At R101, Farrah's smile does look super fake. Her hair also looks super dry and in need of a deep conditioning. Perhaps a VO5 hot oil treatment.

by Anonymousreply 142April 18, 2021 11:27 PM

Shelley and Farrah had dry assed hair.

by Anonymousreply 143April 19, 2021 12:08 AM

Season 4 - a year of bad hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144April 19, 2021 12:56 AM

Surprise the "Kate Jackson troll" has not overtaken this now that it's precious thread has closed.

It just knows everything about EVERYTHING!

by Anonymousreply 145April 19, 2021 4:08 AM

The poor man’s Cybill Shepherd

by Anonymousreply 146April 19, 2021 4:18 AM

[quote]R138 I never said she didn't have talent... It's just that Shelley didn't have that spark of chemistry

Lies. [italic]LIES!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147April 19, 2021 5:01 AM

That's an awkward pose - unusual for Shelley.

by Anonymousreply 148April 19, 2021 5:14 AM

Shelley couldn't at least rise to the level of Billie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149April 19, 2021 5:16 AM

She had a big dick.

by Anonymousreply 150April 19, 2021 5:18 AM

Wow, R147! Didn't her mother ever tell her to never sit like that?

by Anonymousreply 151April 19, 2021 5:22 AM

Huge Kate fan. She was the only real true actress in the bunch.

That said, I adored Shelley as Tiffany. She fit in like a glove. I call that season 'Dynasty Angels'

But they shot themselves in the foot by not giving her enough to do.

I would have done season three of Angels (whenever Kate wanted out to do Kramer vs. Kramer) that Sabrina gets kidnapped and a series of rotating angles come in to help Kelly and Kris find her -- include Jill in the rotation -- and then Kate comes back after filming Kramer. They find her and she agrees to stay on another year or whatever.

Shameful they never resolved who Kelly's birth family was. Who Sabrina married. Why Tiffany decided to 'spend time back east' and why the most street Angel of all -- Julie -- wasn't a cop like the others.

by Anonymousreply 152April 19, 2021 5:24 AM

Kelly found her family because she asked the toy maker for a set of dolls for her niece. She must have lost them again by the end of Season 4

by Anonymousreply 153April 19, 2021 10:54 AM

I named my shelter kitten Bootsie Gumdrops after my niece.

by Anonymousreply 154April 19, 2021 3:41 PM

[quote]R151 Wow, [R147]! Didn't her mother ever tell her to never sit like that?

She’s certainly quite flexible!

Seriously, though... Hack is the only one of the angels to work with a real director of the highest caliber; Martin Scorsese.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155April 19, 2021 3:55 PM

M roles that the Angels would’ve been good in:

Kramer vs Kramer - Kate

Manhattan - Shelley

She-Devil - Jaclyn

Mamma Mia - Cheryl

Marvin’s Room - Farrah

Ricki & The Flash - Tanya

by Anonymousreply 156April 19, 2021 4:41 PM

^^ Our Shelley turned down all those roles.

[bold]#Fact

by Anonymousreply 157April 19, 2021 7:11 PM

Please note, she wears a curly wig, there’s the Shelley Magic! She also sings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158April 19, 2021 7:39 PM

Male Shelley!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159April 19, 2021 9:12 PM

In all honesty, Shelley Hack’s Tiffany Welles was my favorite Angel. Kelly Garrett (Jaclyn Smith) was a close 2nd.

by Anonymousreply 160April 19, 2021 10:47 PM

^ I wouldn’t mind a three way with male Kate/male Tanya!

by Anonymousreply 161April 19, 2021 10:47 PM

What if.....

Big Aggie turned her life around and suddenly wanted to work for Charlie as a replacement for Tiffany! She’d use her naturally nosy behavior as a perk for the PI agency. She’d be an asset whenever there was dangerous criminal confrontations since she’s so motherfucking huge. She’d have to have her chicken - Kris and she’d make Kelly her bitch.

by Anonymousreply 162April 19, 2021 10:54 PM

Sabrina would never be Big Aggie's bitch. Big Aggie wouldn't even fit in the pinto!

by Anonymousreply 163April 19, 2021 10:56 PM

And I thought the Kate Jackson troll was persistent.

by Anonymousreply 164April 19, 2021 10:59 PM

Sabrina wouldn’t have a choice. If Big Aggie wanted her scarecrow pussy, she’d have it.

by Anonymousreply 165April 19, 2021 10:59 PM

What if Margo was an Angel?

by Anonymousreply 166April 19, 2021 11:02 PM

I have always wondered why they never did a reunion special show? I mean, there were 6 damn Angels, I'm sure they could've gotten 3 to be on board. Most of them were doing awful TV movies anyway.

by Anonymousreply 167April 19, 2021 11:14 PM

Margo, Big Aggie, and Beamish are the anti angels. What cars did they drive?

by Anonymousreply 168April 19, 2021 11:18 PM

Big Aggie drove a Ford cargo van.

Margo drove a navy blue Ford Crown Victoria or Lincoln Town Car like her alias, Paul Factor did.

Beamish didn’t possess a valid driver’s license and relied exclusively on public transit.

by Anonymousreply 169April 19, 2021 11:25 PM

Zora walked everywhere since she lived on the Springtime campus.

by Anonymousreply 170April 19, 2021 11:32 PM

I can smell Donna Pescow being used by one of you idiots and the answer is “NO, she canNOT be an angel!” Get help.

by Anonymousreply 171April 19, 2021 11:32 PM

DL icon Shelley on stage with Annette O’Toole and Meredith Baxter-Muffdiver.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172April 19, 2021 11:51 PM

They can stick Beamish’s head out of the sunroof of the Pinto.

by Anonymousreply 173April 19, 2021 11:54 PM

You worthless cunts. Trying to assemble a CA’s rogues gallery and leaving ME out? Why don’t you kill yourselves?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174April 20, 2021 12:05 AM

R169 and R174... well done, you two had me cracking up big time! ....

by Anonymousreply 175April 20, 2021 1:02 AM

I'd love to see a Charlies Angels re-boot with Kris, Kelly and Tiffany welcoming the new girls to the Townsend Detective Agency.

by Anonymousreply 176April 20, 2021 4:15 AM

Give us a Shelley Hack Doll!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177April 20, 2021 4:18 AM

There was a reunion. It's on Youtube. It's part of a documentary on the show. Farah, Jaclyn, and Kate are shown together on a sofa. It's late 90s / early 00s.

by Anonymousreply 178April 20, 2021 4:31 AM

Reunion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179April 20, 2021 4:34 AM

R179. Man, Farrah looked awful - WTF? This was before the anal cancer. I think she had a drug / alcohol problem

by Anonymousreply 180April 20, 2021 4:46 AM

She also got bad plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 181April 20, 2021 4:52 AM

Actually, Farrah had a really pleasant speaking voice at R179. No, she did not age that well, looks-wise. She got an eye lift that changed her entire face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182April 20, 2021 4:53 AM

Farrah looked decent at the Shatner roast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 20, 2021 5:06 AM

RuPaul’s Drag Race needs to do a Charlie’s Angels challenge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184April 20, 2021 5:40 AM

R184 let’s pray they don’t. Not a drag fan.

by Anonymousreply 185April 20, 2021 5:14 PM

With Kate not viable the only angel combo left is the S4 squad. They could do a reunion movie Angels in Autumn. At the behest of Charlie's nephew who mails out their pension checks, the angels go undercover one last time at the senior center where Bosley (now played by Ed Asner) fears for his life. As they investigate to solve the series of rough-eldersex-gone-wrong murders at the Palm Springs facility, Kris gets a job teaching the exercise class, Kelly checks in as a freewheeling new (and single) resident from the south looking for a man, and Tiff pretends to be a reporter from Active Seniors magazine.

Guest stars include June Lockhart as the facility librarian who catches Kelly going through file folders. Kelly gives her a S5-style random beatdown. Harry Belafonte plays the resident stud (singing a crappy Ed Lakso song) who comes on to Tiffany, William Shatner as the murderous villain with a criminal past who's actually in hiding under another name at the facility, who thinks Kelly looks good. Robert Wagner is the red herring suspect. The victims are played by Tippi Hedren and Eva Marie Saint.

After the Angels burst in just in the nick of time to stop a drugged Kelly from becoming the next victim, the episode culminates in a Hoveround chase down the hallway of the facility where Kris leaps on the perp from behind. As he keeps bumping it against the walls trying to throw her off, suddenly the hoveround catches fire. As the sex killer pulls a gun and starts to try to get away on foot, Tiff pulls her gun and screams "Drop it!" A still dopey Kelly has inched her way down the hall toward them. Kris, barely fazed by the fact that she was nearly burned alive, says, "You OK, Kelly?" and Kelly says "Yes. Nothing like that has happened to me for a long time." And you can tell she's not OK. Angel chime, commercial.

For the button scene, the gals (looking fabulous) have lunch at an outdoor cafe handily located across the street from the old, now closed, Townsend Office and they look at the door and offer brief reminiscence. Kris says one line about her sister Jill. Kelly says one line about her friend Sabrina. Tiff asks what happened to the girl that came after her...was her name Julie?

They agree to meet up once a year until there's only one angel left.

by Anonymousreply 186April 20, 2021 10:17 PM

Ignored r186. What a rant!

by Anonymousreply 187April 20, 2021 10:24 PM

[R186] 0/10 Kelly didn't get shot and you never mentioned if they are still being forced to drive the same three cars.

by Anonymousreply 188April 21, 2021 12:21 AM

R186, somehow Margo MUST feature in to the story to make it relevant and topical.

by Anonymousreply 189April 21, 2021 1:44 AM

Who was the bitchiest angel in the series?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190April 21, 2021 1:47 AM

Well, off screen it was definitely Kate!

by Anonymousreply 191April 21, 2021 2:09 AM

R191 = Cheryl Ladd

by Anonymousreply 192April 21, 2021 4:02 AM

They need to end the Charlie's Angles saga with the revelation that Kelly Garrett was a hardcore drug addict this entire time and the whole show and movies were her drug induced fantasies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193April 21, 2021 7:24 AM

That would explain the "top modelling school" shit.

by Anonymousreply 194April 21, 2021 8:19 AM

I want a heroin Kelly action figure!

by Anonymousreply 195April 21, 2021 10:45 AM

[quote] That said, I adored Shelley as Tiffany. She fit in like a glove. I call that season 'Dynasty Angels' But they shot themselves in the foot by not giving her enough to do.

With heroin?

by Anonymousreply 196April 21, 2021 10:50 AM

Tiffany Welles is like a dream. I liked Shelley’s personality and thought Tiffany was a fantastic addition. I do not understand those who hated her character.

by Anonymousreply 197April 21, 2021 4:26 PM

#teamtiffanywelles

by Anonymousreply 198April 21, 2021 7:24 PM

[quote]R197 I do not understand those who hated her character.

As has been noted, the cowed Ladd and Smith conspired to sink Hack’s meteoric rise on the show, and in Hollywood. They just couldn’t take the heat.

This was especially unfair as Hack had turned down an offer to singlehandedly overhaul the National Aeronautics and Space Administration in order to do the show.

But cunts will be CUNTS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199April 21, 2021 9:20 PM

I want to delouse Tiffany!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200April 21, 2021 10:54 PM

I saw Cheryl Ladd today...and she was SMOKING!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201April 24, 2021 12:30 AM

“It would be better with Shelley HACK Rose!”

Once again, Dorothy was right.

by Anonymousreply 202April 24, 2021 12:54 AM

Why did Shelley turn her back on 'the business'? She had the world on a string, she was the face of THE biggest ad campaign of the 20th century, she was the muse of Woody Allen and then Martin Scorsese and was a global phenomenon. Why did she walk away?

by Anonymousreply 203April 24, 2021 1:26 AM

Shelley blew it by being mean to everybody on the set.

Apparently she came in nice at first but quickly changed.

The interviews are on you tube.

by Anonymousreply 204April 24, 2021 1:52 AM

^Whereas Cheryl Ladd blew everyone on the set.

by Anonymousreply 205April 24, 2021 5:49 AM

Tiffany and Kelly are prostitutes this afternoon with Rose.

by Anonymousreply 206April 24, 2021 8:19 PM

Tiffany and Kelly charge $1000

by Anonymousreply 207April 24, 2021 8:30 PM

Fucking Tiffany would be like fucking an ironing board.

by Anonymousreply 208April 25, 2021 10:36 AM

for you, r208

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209April 25, 2021 12:50 PM

Didn't Spelling fire Shelley Hack on Valentines Day? I think the other cast members got a Valentine invite for Season 5 and Shelley didn't.. Also, I believe that the last 2 episodes were filmed after Shelley knew she was being fired. It must have been tense on that set..Did Jaclyn and Cheryl not have any say in the decision?

by Anonymousreply 210April 25, 2021 3:35 PM

Cheryl: Jackie, we’ve got to save Shelley from getting canned!!!

Jaclyn: it’s too late, Cheryl. We can’t help her now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211April 25, 2021 4:19 PM

Shelley is the MTA (model turned actress) Venn diagram where wooden acting ability, looks, and repeated opportunity intersect.

by Anonymousreply 212April 25, 2021 4:44 PM

She's no Joan Severance.

by Anonymousreply 213April 25, 2021 4:46 PM

R210 Yes, he did. Yes, they did.

by Anonymousreply 214April 25, 2021 11:06 PM

R214 I hate how Spelling did that shit to his best Angel.

by Anonymousreply 215April 26, 2021 1:17 AM

[bold]#Justice4Tiffany

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216April 26, 2021 4:57 AM

I heard she was into feces facials

by Anonymousreply 217April 26, 2021 5:25 AM

[italic]Leave Tiffany alone!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218April 26, 2021 5:47 AM

Margo reminds me of the fabulous and hilarious Marion Crane from Guiding Light which Passions ripped off (and they did it quite well I might add) with the character Vincent Clarkson/Valerie Davis.

by Anonymousreply 219April 26, 2021 9:10 AM

Traitors! R211 You could have saved Shelley! But you didn't. Because: "The truth is Jaclyn and Cheryl threatened to walk if Hack wasn’t dropped" R122

by Anonymousreply 220April 26, 2021 3:42 PM

It’s very well known. There was a full on Hack-Erasure attempt orchestrated by Ladd, Smith, and the bitter departed Jackson.

I believe the stature of limitations has past in whom to speak justice, howsoever.

by Anonymousreply 221April 26, 2021 3:59 PM

Justice for our peacekeeper!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222April 26, 2021 5:19 PM

Did Miss Cheryl Ladd ever comment on the death of Tanya Roberts with whom she reconnected in recent years?

by Anonymousreply 223April 27, 2021 5:04 PM

R223 She finally did on January 10th on her Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224April 27, 2021 5:12 PM

Tiff is a former sorority girl

by Anonymousreply 225May 1, 2021 8:33 PM

Capps Omega Si

by Anonymousreply 226May 1, 2021 8:34 PM

I miss the Shelley Hack troll.

That was one troll who had an uncanny ability to judge the perfect moment to insert

Shelly Hack

Into a conversation.

by Anonymousreply 227May 1, 2021 8:39 PM

What am I??

by Anonymousreply 228May 1, 2021 8:45 PM

I knew Shelly Hack troll and YOU are no Shelly Hack troll.

by Anonymousreply 229May 1, 2021 8:51 PM

Fuck off

by Anonymousreply 230May 1, 2021 9:14 PM

Why didn’t someone give her hair a hot oil treatment

by Anonymousreply 231May 1, 2021 10:47 PM

They did during the 2nd half of her season

by Anonymousreply 232May 1, 2021 11:48 PM

R227 YES! So much better and funnier than the Kate Jackson troll!

by Anonymousreply 233May 2, 2021 6:16 AM

Troll this - 💩

by Anonymousreply 234May 2, 2021 2:53 PM

Shelley Hack doll showing her titties!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235May 3, 2021 6:12 AM

OMG! I want a Shelley Hack Barbie, r235!!!!! Thx for positing that!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 236May 3, 2021 9:19 AM

R35 whoever posted those dolls is a Hack herself. she just found Barbies that maybe sort of looked like the Angels, without doing any repaint herself. the Hack doll is just Grace Kelly with her hair blownout.

by Anonymousreply 237May 4, 2021 1:39 AM

R235 sorry that was for you... whoever posted those dolls is a Hack herself. she just found Barbies that maybe sort of looked like the Angels, without doing any repaint herself. the Hack doll is just Grace Kelly with her hair blownout. R237

by Anonymousreply 238May 4, 2021 1:41 AM

Shelley wishes she had titties that big.

by Anonymousreply 239May 4, 2021 3:43 AM

^^Don't worry, Cheryl has her tits out as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240May 4, 2021 5:13 AM

I wonder why none of the Angels have written a book? Id love to hear the behind the scenes scoop on the show and the process of selecting the new girls. Six actress's and none have written a biography?

by Anonymousreply 241May 8, 2021 1:51 AM

Kate was supposedly working on one since 2010 called "The Smart One" but it was pushed back numerous times. I suspect it will never get released.

by Anonymousreply 242May 8, 2021 2:18 AM

R252. An 11 year delay? Kate needs to get it together..

by Anonymousreply 243May 8, 2021 3:13 AM

The answer to OP's question: Shelley Hack is not popular. A lot of posts in this thread are about other people. Hack was a good model. But other than that. No.

by Anonymousreply 244May 8, 2021 10:42 AM

I really haven't heard any negative comments from Shelley Hack about her time on Charlies Angels. She always has kept it pretty classy..

by Anonymousreply 245May 9, 2021 3:49 PM

No hard feelings. A gig is a gig!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246May 9, 2021 3:59 PM

Shelley and Tanya just could bring the chemistry or magic that Cheryl Ladd brought when she replaced Farrah. I really blame Aaron because I think its clear that neither one of these woman were going to be big and add value to the show. He must have thought that Jaclyn and Cheryl could carry the show. It was a fucking ensemble show and the dynamic was the three girls.

by Anonymousreply 247May 14, 2021 1:43 AM

The problem was they didn't replace the Sabrina archetype. Tiffany was more a Kelly and Julie more a Jill/Kris. Plus, the already mediocre writing didn't help any of them.

by Anonymousreply 248May 14, 2021 12:40 PM

Didn’t they literally dust off old scripts in season 4 that hadn’t been used and just move Sabrina’s lines to Tiffany, Kelly or Kris?

by Anonymousreply 249May 14, 2021 2:48 PM

No they did not r249.

by Anonymousreply 250May 15, 2021 12:23 AM

You’re an ignorant little hillbilly and you’ll do everything I tell you.

by Anonymousreply 251May 15, 2021 7:40 PM

I love Shelley’s speaking voice

by Anonymousreply 252May 16, 2021 10:14 PM

I want to start a new Shelley Hack Fan Club! Who's with me?!

by Anonymousreply 253May 23, 2021 2:07 AM

Dorothy Zbornaik is right it WOULD be better with Shelley Hack!

by Anonymousreply 254May 23, 2021 2:28 AM

I don't think the cast had the same dynamic as the group on "Friends". Every actress just looked out for themselves. When they did that awful "Marathon Angels" episode, it pushed Kate Jackson over the top. The writing was shit and Kate refused to run with the other girls and they ended up keeping her in the car the whole time with Bosley and gave her some of his lines. I think this was the episode that pushed Kate over the edge. The other girls never joined forces to side with Kate or Shelley when there was a problem. Maybe it was a different time, Kinda like the cast of "Threes Company" when they didn't join with Suzanne Somers.

by Anonymousreply 255May 25, 2021 4:23 AM

Shannen Doherty was in a similar position on Charmed, with the sneering writers.

Friends seemed to be unique, the cast banding together like that, apparently it was David Schwimmer's idea, and then Courteney Cox (Mom) kept it on the rails.

by Anonymousreply 256May 25, 2021 11:00 AM

oh I see what you mean about the three women on Friends and them banding together, I went off in another direction!

by Anonymousreply 257May 25, 2021 11:06 AM

I love to see some type of reunion with Kate, Shelly, Jaclyn, and Cheryl

by Anonymousreply 258July 9, 2021 11:49 PM

R258 me too! Shelley Hack is my fave Angel.

by Anonymousreply 259July 10, 2021 12:39 AM

And you all missed her birthday this week!

Shame! Bad Gays!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260July 10, 2021 1:31 AM

Shelly really never talked shit about Spelling or her time on the show. They really fucked her over and she never complained. I always found that to be strange. Maybe because she wanted to keep working in the business?

by Anonymousreply 261July 11, 2021 3:18 AM

I liked her in Scorsese’s King Of Comedy. She played Jerry Lewis’ icy secretary. She was excellent.

by Anonymousreply 262July 11, 2021 4:10 AM

I don’t really care about that movie one way or the other, but it IS Scorsese. It’s hysterical that Shelley crept off from CHARLIE’S ANGELS with her tail between her legs and everyone hating her, but then with that movie she went on to get the most distinguished film credit amongst them all.

[italic]See’ya, suckas!

by Anonymousreply 263July 11, 2021 5:11 AM

I heard that when testing to be the replacement for Hack, Sada Thompson had the audacity to move into Shelley's dressing room while throwing all her remaining belongings into a dumpster.

by Anonymousreply 264July 11, 2021 6:18 AM

Sada was flying high, convinced being the newest angel would revitalize her career.

Well, that landed with a thud, we know that much. Just like her flabby ass did when they kicked it to the curb.

by Anonymousreply 265July 12, 2021 3:10 AM

Wasn’t Sada starring on Family during the 1979-1980 season?

by Anonymousreply 266July 12, 2021 2:47 PM

Don’t encourage it r266. Do you think Aaron Spelling was going to put this in a two piece with a gun?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267July 12, 2021 2:49 PM

Lmao r267!

by Anonymousreply 268July 12, 2021 2:55 PM

Was it a big deal when Shelly was canned less than a year after the big announcement that she was the NEW age?

by Anonymousreply 269July 12, 2021 2:57 PM

Sada wouldn't have been in swimwear, just like Kate Jackson wasn't in swimwear. As it was, Sada said she had a difficult time during her 'test' episoded adjusting to wearing a twin set, jeans and pumps.

by Anonymousreply 270July 12, 2021 7:48 PM

R269 they minimized Shelley’s departure and focused on Charlie’s newest and sexiest Angel Tanya Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 271July 12, 2021 9:03 PM

R271 I was just wondering if it was a big deal that Hack got canned in the media? It was basically all over for her in 9 months.

by Anonymousreply 272July 12, 2021 10:49 PM

[quote]R266 Wasn’t Sada starring on Family during the 1979-1980 season?

Thompson’s contract was being renegotiated and this gave her a loophole. She was supposed to be a love interest for Bosley, as well, as David Doyle was bitching about not getting enough screen time.

Parts of Sada’s character (Estelle?) were incorporated into the later role of Julie. They were both supposed to be models, for instance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273July 13, 2021 6:43 AM

r272 It was all PR. Seriously, no one cared about Shelley Hack. They did a major push. She had the poster out, the "Charlies Angel's" poster, every magazine. Shelley just didn't cut it. Weird, because she was on fire with the well known "Charlie" perfume ads. I think she was just too stiff to cut it as an actress, beautiful model, but...

by Anonymousreply 274July 14, 2021 12:40 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275July 14, 2021 3:55 AM

For whatever reason, Shelley Hack, wasn't given to major success on CA. Some suspect it was more about the series as a whole decline in ratings which began in season 3 and worsened in season 5. Some want to pin it all on Shelley Hack, which is unfair and totally baseless.

by Anonymousreply 276July 14, 2021 12:36 PM

Yeah the writing (which was never great to begin with) definitely started to decline before Kate left. They ran out of ideas for having the Angels go undercover.

Also, at the end of Season 3 they had an awful Kris solo episode- and they continued this trend of (almost) solo Angel episodes throughout Season 4. “Angel Hunt” from S4 was easily the best episode of S4 in which they had all three together. Although the addition of Tanya Roberts definitely did not improve Season 5, the episodes of S5 at least had the Angels working together again.

by Anonymousreply 277July 14, 2021 12:50 PM

Wrong r277. The episode where Kris goes into prison and has to fend off Big Aggie is a gem

by Anonymousreply 278July 14, 2021 8:55 PM

I also liked Toni’s Boys in season 4 and the last one where Kelly and Kris fall in love with Patrick Duffy.

by Anonymousreply 279July 14, 2021 8:57 PM

Two Angels, one cup ^

by Anonymousreply 280July 14, 2021 8:58 PM

Ohh the Farrah episode where Timothy Dalton is fucking her and Jill treats the others like shit is good

by Anonymousreply 281July 14, 2021 8:58 PM

My season 5 Faves are Margo at the hotline club and the Attack Angels episode where Julie (Tanya Roberts) is hypothesized by the dude who plays Victor on Y&R and beats the shit out of the client and Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 282July 14, 2021 9:01 PM

One of my favorite season 4 episodes is Harrigan’s Angel, with Howard Duff playing a drunk, broken down detective. He had good chemistry with Cheryl Ladd in the episode.

I also like the season four episode where they’re trying to save a hillbilly, illiterate porn star. Kelly and Tiffany get run off off the road in the Pinto in that one. It’s a perfect example of how Tiffany is no Sabrina Duncan-Sabrina would have pushed the bad guys off the road instead.

by Anonymousreply 283July 14, 2021 9:25 PM

Sabrina would have shit her pants, proper, r283. Just because she had lesbian tendencies didnt mean she was badass.

by Anonymousreply 284July 14, 2021 10:27 PM

Well I see how you all are now. Shelley Hack was popular and is outstanding in CA. Nuff Said.

by Anonymousreply 285July 17, 2021 8:05 PM

Crochet Fashions!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286July 17, 2021 11:44 PM

Shelley in a short-lived TV series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287July 17, 2021 11:50 PM

Shelley was NOT intimidated by combining multiple prints… an early indication of her strength and versatility.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288July 18, 2021 12:47 AM

She has a home on the market for 11.4 million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 289July 23, 2021 11:00 PM

Shelley's immense popularity peaked when she was starring in the smash hit "Jacks & Mike."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290July 23, 2021 11:06 PM

She seems like she'd be smart with money, and I'm sure she's made as much producing as she did modeling and acting. Good for Shelley, R289. Do you have a link to the listing?

by Anonymousreply 291July 24, 2021 4:27 PM

We need this as an embroidered-type scout badge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292July 25, 2021 6:05 AM

And does this skirt come as a caftan??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293July 25, 2021 6:07 AM

Here is the listing for La Hack's house that the poster above didn't link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294July 25, 2021 8:14 AM

There are beautiful pics in the link to Shelley’s home sale 7/27/21.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295July 28, 2021 5:54 PM

I miss Tiff.

by Anonymousreply 296October 7, 2021 12:27 AM

She starred in Troll

by Anonymousreply 297October 7, 2021 12:39 AM

I’m watching CA on Cozi! Tiffany is back in college trying to break up a white slavery ring!

by Anonymousreply 298October 30, 2021 8:41 PM

Top model Shelley Hack for Bobbie Brooks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299November 5, 2021 6:54 AM

Please observe the cool go-fuck-yourself secretary in THE KING OF COMEDY (dir. Martin Scorsese).

by Anonymousreply 300November 12, 2021 10:06 AM

Shelley Hack inspired an entire generation of women, girls, gay men and gay boys. She was an independent, smart, pretty actress and model.

by Anonymousreply 301August 16, 2022 7:59 PM

Whenever I’m depressed or I feel the whole world sucks ass, I watch season 4 of CA.

by Anonymousreply 302August 16, 2022 9:06 PM

Shelley's best work, If Ever I See You Again , is streaming free on Tubi. It's the follow up by Joe Brooks of You Light Up My Life fame. I laughed a couple of times and Shellley displays early promise. Weirdly, her acting skills declined as her career progressed. Back to Joe Brooks he wound up committing suicide after being me too-ed. His son was in jail for murdering his girlfriend at the same time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303August 17, 2022 4:30 AM

Shelley was one of the most talented actresses ever. She also had a lot of pain and struggle throughout her life. Despite that, she had a good heart, which is hard to encounter in Hollywood. At a time when gay people were oppressed beyond belief, they identified with her struggles and she theirs.

by Anonymousreply 304August 18, 2022 1:37 AM

R302 lately I’ve been really down on myself, and have been recommended by a few people to watch CA for the first time. Being Millennial, I’ve only ever seen a few short clips of the original show, and of course the 2000 reboot movie.

As a lesbian, though, I’m kind of hesitant to dive in, mostly due to erotic transference (therapist says I can’t keep falling in love with characters and vintage actresses!), and the fact that I’m not beautiful and skinny or accomplished like the Angels. Is it going to make me feel better or worse?

by Anonymousreply 305August 18, 2022 10:59 AM

R305 in your case it will probably devastate you.

by Anonymousreply 306August 18, 2022 2:36 PM

That’s a sign of your ignorance R4, I wouldn’t boast about it.

by Anonymousreply 307August 18, 2022 3:03 PM

Veronica Lake troll die

by Anonymousreply 308August 18, 2022 3:16 PM

Veronica Lake was a 1940s actress easily old enough to be Shelley Hack’s mom.

by Anonymousreply 309August 18, 2022 3:17 PM

Miss Hack for Braggi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310October 2, 2022 3:35 AM

I find strength and vitality within Tiffany Welles. The pre-season 4 hype with Shelley Hack assuming the new role - Tiffany Welles - was very very exciting to a gay 7 year old boy. And talk about a debut! OMG. She was everything beautiful,sophisticated and intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 311January 30, 2023 8:31 PM

r311 I agree. Tiffany Welles was something fresh and exciting as we were heading into the 1980s.

by Anonymousreply 312August 27, 2023 2:53 PM

You bitches have horrible taste. Shelley Hack was a homely girl with a bony face and a mannish jaw.

by Anonymousreply 313August 27, 2023 3:21 PM

More than two years later, I still laugh every time this thread title pops up again. In my head, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 314August 27, 2023 3:33 PM

R313 I guess that’s why she had million dollar modeling jobs prior to becoming an actress, huh?

by Anonymousreply 315August 27, 2023 4:37 PM

R313, r314 I.e. Shelley Hack’s multi year deal with Revlon.

by Anonymousreply 316August 27, 2023 4:38 PM

r310, such sad buttocks.

by Anonymousreply 317August 27, 2023 4:43 PM

R317

by Anonymousreply 318August 27, 2023 5:19 PM

R315, there have been other odd looking, successful models, eg Kristen McMenamy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319August 27, 2023 6:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!