Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Another police shooting in Minneapolis today

A sad state of affairs in our country yet again today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333April 20, 2021 1:59 AM

[quote] A sad state of affairs in our country yet again today.

But not one word from you about the guy that was shot. Just a sweeping generalization.

by Anonymousreply 1April 12, 2021 2:49 AM

I need to know what the outstanding warrant was for, before I make up my mind. If he was wanted for something serious, and was resisting arrest, that is different than if it was for something trivial.

by Anonymousreply 2April 12, 2021 2:53 AM

Has BLM Malibu Branch commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 3April 12, 2021 2:57 AM

This is literal American Carnage, oh the irony of that POS Drumpf and his ridiculous American Carnage inauguration speech!

The real carnage is all those Americans being murdered due to guns being in the hands of way too many people. People who have no business owning military grade assault weapons.

Can someone simply assiante the head of the NRA and finally end this bullshit? Seriously. It's about time these gun nuts get a taste of their own medicine.

by Anonymousreply 4April 12, 2021 2:59 AM

The guy who was shot was 20 years old and was stopped for having air fresheners hanging in the back window of his car. He had a one year old son who is now fatherless.

It sickens and angers me that this happened. It doesn’t matter what the outstanding warrant may have been for (if this is even true). He was shot and killed because he was black.

by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2021 3:00 AM

The George Floyd thing notwithstanding, how many of you have lived in and around Downtown Minneapolis? It's filled to the brim with hostile, volatile and angry men from East Africa (Somalians and Ethiopians). Roving gangs, and cabbies that make midtown Manhattan look like Disneyland.

by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2021 3:04 AM

Do cops get to execute people if the warrant is for something serious enough to suit you , R2?

by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2021 3:09 AM

R5 He was shot and killed because he had an outstanding warrant and resisted arrest. BTW, according to Twitter it was for skipping bail on a robbery charge. Are cops now supposed to let wanted criminals to just drive away, if they are black? I agree a warrant should not be a death sentence, but people should also not try to flee. And, many cops have been killed or hurt by a suspect using their car as a weapon.

Overall more white people are shot and killed by the police every year, though it is true that blacks are shot and killed at a higher rate. The difference though is when a white person hears about another white person being shot and killed by the cops, the first thing we ask is "what were they doing?" If the answer is they were engaging in criminal activity or had a warrant, we are like "oh, so they deserved it."

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2021 3:10 AM

[quote] I need to know what the outstanding warrant was for, before I make up my mind.

Two charges. Evading arrest and carrying a firearm without a permit.

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2021 3:10 AM

There is a time zone difference in MALIBU so Patrisse from BLM might not comment until she is taking her morning stroll along the White People Beaches of Malibu....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2021 3:21 AM

I don’t care if statistics show that more whites are shot and killed. This is horrific and this needs to stop.

by Anonymousreply 11April 12, 2021 3:23 AM

Why didn’t they shoot the damn tires out if they thought he was going to flee?

by Anonymousreply 12April 12, 2021 3:25 AM

See if you can find someone to murder you, R2. Shouldn’t be difficult. Surely everyone who knows you will throw a party.

by Anonymousreply 13April 12, 2021 3:26 AM

Nobody who's only 20 years old should have a kid. JFC this isn't the 1800s.

by Anonymousreply 14April 12, 2021 3:41 AM

[quote]Do cops get to execute people if the warrant is for something serious enough to suit you

Wearing white after Labor Day and chewing gum, for starters.

by Anonymousreply 15April 12, 2021 3:42 AM

Well then tell him that R14. Oh wait, you can’t because he was murdered during a traffic stop for being black.

by Anonymousreply 16April 12, 2021 3:45 AM

Yes, if he had a kid at 19 and warrants out for his arrest, then he may have been a product of poor breeding. That still doesn’t mean he deserved to be executed like his.

by Anonymousreply 17April 12, 2021 3:46 AM

Wow r10. Five high-end homes. She knows how to work that hustle!

by Anonymousreply 18April 12, 2021 3:48 AM

Has BLM----Black Lives MALIBU----issued a statement yet?....Or is that branch busy shopping on Zillow?....

by Anonymousreply 19April 12, 2021 3:51 AM

It is the normal state of affairs. America doesn't mind these killings and shootings or it would have stopped it decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 20April 12, 2021 3:53 AM

[quote]Has BLM----Black Lives MALIBU----issued a statement yet?....Or is that branch busy shopping on Zillow?....

Patrisse Cullors is unable to comment, as she's on a private jet to look at properties on Fisher Island at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 21April 12, 2021 3:56 AM

Practice makes perfect.

by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2021 3:56 AM

Interesting that everyone here on Datalounge, on each side of every issue, every poster knows exactly what is supposed to happen in life, knows exactly who is guilty and who isn't, and knows the answer to every issue.

Amazing!

by Anonymousreply 23April 12, 2021 4:04 AM

[quote] Why didn’t they shoot the damn tires out if they thought he was going to flee?

Well for one he could flee on foot. That’s was one of the charges on his warrant— evading arrest by means other than a motor vehicle. Two, it doesn’t incapacitate the car; you can still drive on rims for quite a distance.

But let me guess, they also could just shoot these guys in the leg, right?

We don’t know why this young man was killed. We don’t even know for sure that he was black— his family looks latino. But we have got to get it through young people’s’ heads you do not flee or disobey cops. They may be in the wrong, probably are, but running back into your car, disobeying a command, all of that shit is itself illegal. Better take the arrest and fight in court than try to run.

by Anonymousreply 24April 12, 2021 4:05 AM

[quote]I don’t care if statistics show that more whites are shot and killed. This is horrific and this needs to stop.

So you don't care about facts and the truth? Got it.

by Anonymousreply 25April 12, 2021 4:08 AM

[quote]“One officer discharged their firearm, striking the driver,” the statement said. “The vehicle then traveled several blocks before striking another vehicle.” The driver died at the scene of the crash in a residential neighborhood, the police said. The police also said they believed body-worn cameras and dashboard cameras “were activated” during the episode.

From the NYT article. If he crashed into another car, it's not clear what killed him. Yet the headline says "officer kills motorist."

by Anonymousreply 26April 12, 2021 4:11 AM

He wasn’t in the car when it crashed. He had gotten out of the car, was shot and then the car continued to roll (it wasn’t in park?) until it crashed. The victim’s girlfriend was in the passenger seat throughout the shooting and crash.

by Anonymousreply 27April 12, 2021 4:16 AM

Oh do fuck off R25. So fucking tired of you and the other flippant asses.

You win. You’re the smartest one on the thread. Now take that and choke on it, pig.

by Anonymousreply 28April 12, 2021 4:20 AM

Has Malibu Patrisse commented yet?.....If she is not home check Rodeo Drive....She might be shopping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 12, 2021 4:20 AM

R27 if that's what happened, that is not how the NYT described it, per the quote.

by Anonymousreply 30April 12, 2021 4:21 AM

[quote] [R27] if that's what happened, that is not how the NYT described it, per the quote.

You actually expect honest reporting from the Times?

by Anonymousreply 31April 12, 2021 5:09 AM

The narrow-minded always rely on only one news source to spoon feed them bullshit, R31.

by Anonymousreply 32April 12, 2021 5:16 AM

[quote]it’s not clear what killed him.

You’re an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 33April 12, 2021 5:20 AM

[quote]Well for one, he could flee on foot

Well for one R24, perhaps cops should be mandated to stay in shape in order to keep their jobs.

by Anonymousreply 34April 12, 2021 5:34 AM

[quote] Well for one [R24], perhaps cops should be mandated to stay in shape in order to keep their jobs.

Does that even apply in this case? No. But you tried.

by Anonymousreply 35April 12, 2021 5:57 AM

[quote]The George Floyd thing notwithstanding, how many of you have lived in and around Downtown Minneapolis? It's filled to the brim with hostile, volatile and angry men from East Africa (Somalians and Ethiopians). Roving gangs, and cabbies that make midtown Manhattan look like Disneyland.

Lutheran Rose Nylund types were too boring.

by Anonymousreply 36April 12, 2021 6:02 AM

[quote] Has BLM Malibu Branch commented yet?

Yes after all that makes this shooting ok, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 37April 12, 2021 6:07 AM

An officer was also transported to the hospital (see below). If the suspect shot first, the officer acted correctly. The body cams apparently were activated, so we will find out what actually happened.

This is from Yahoo news:

After determining the driver had an outstanding warrant, police tried to arrest the driver. The driver reentered the vehicle and drove away. An officer fired at the vehicle, striking the driver. Police said the vehicle traveled several blocks before striking another vehicle.

Police did not identify the driver who was shot but said the Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s Office will release the person’s name following a preliminary autopsy and family notification. A female passenger sustained non-life-threatening injuries during the crash.

A police officer was also transported to the hospital after sustaining injuries, according to EMS audio, the Star-Tribune reported.

by Anonymousreply 38April 12, 2021 7:01 AM

I don't get it and I have long not understood it (unless it's just flat out racism and nothing else) but why do they always shoot to kill?

In this instance, why not shoot to disable the vehicle?

In any other case, why not at least try to aim for the arm or the leg in any instance where that is possible? And it must be possible many times because it seems like the person always winding up dead in these situations isn't the cop.

I just don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 39April 12, 2021 12:05 PM

National Guard is there amid looting of about 20 stores or more. Lots of mayhem.

by Anonymousreply 40April 12, 2021 12:12 PM

R39 even ace shooters have a difficult time hitting a small target that's moving. Not defending cops shooting anyone, just explaining why that's not a thing.

by Anonymousreply 41April 12, 2021 12:19 PM

“Making my list... Let’s see I need eggs, milk, a bicycle, a TV, a mattress. Hell let’s take whatever isn’t nailed down. That’s called appropriations, I saw it on NPR!” 🤡

by Anonymousreply 42April 12, 2021 12:23 PM

[quote] In any other case, why not at least try to aim for the arm or the leg in any instance where that is possible?

You aim for center mass. Also shooting someone in the thigh or shoulder isn’t a guarantee you won’t kill them considering the major arteries there that those bullets are tearing through.

by Anonymousreply 43April 12, 2021 12:26 PM

Aiming for the arm or leg is movie stuff, R39, especially if there's any public around or if the cop's life is at risk.

I've seen a police shooting and it was a very traumatic thing to witness. A guy came out of a convenience store after robbing it. He was waving the gun around, taking luging steps at people nearby. The guy was clearly nuts, screaming and ranting at random people. The cops were just arriving and yelled at him to drop it. He didn't and continued to lunge at people on the sidewalk till one of the cops shot him in the stomach.

by Anonymousreply 44April 12, 2021 12:27 PM

Demilitarize the police. They're supposed to be public servants but they're acting like a hostile occupying force.

by Anonymousreply 45April 12, 2021 12:33 PM

The Blue Klux Klan strikes again.

by Anonymousreply 46April 12, 2021 12:34 PM

We support our law enforcement! We want to live in a police state! But also have smaller government too! And religion in schools! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 47April 12, 2021 1:00 PM

Meanwhile in the last several of days::

CHICAGO — A Chicago man has been charged in the shooting of an Oak Park police officer during a traffic stop on Thursday near the Eisenhower Expressway, according to police.

Enrique R. Rosa, 27, of the 2200 block of West Monroe Street, was charged Friday night with two counts of attempted murder of a peace officer and one count of aggravated battery with a firearm.

Rosa was wounded when the officer returned fire, and remains hospitalized at Loyola Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries.

------------------

FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — A Fresno police K-9 was stabbed multiple times by a suspect but saved the life of an officer in the process, the city’s police department said.

The incident on Saturday occurred as police attempted to detain Carlos Castanos, 30, after receiving a call that a woman was being held against her will, according to Lt. Tim Tietjen.

Castanos had warrants out for his arrest and a history of violence, Tietjen said.

------------------

PATCHOGUE, NY — A Patchogue man was arrested after stabbing a uniformed police officer, leaving him in critical condition, after a car crash in Patchogue Sunday morning, Suffolk police said.

The officer in a marked police car saw a 1999 Mercedes Benz, driven by 25-year-old Jonathan Nunez, driving erratically with no headlights on southbound South Ocean Avenue at about 10:40 a.m., police said.

The officer tried to pull over the car when the Mercedes Benz crashed into a 2004 Nissan at the intersection of South Ocean Avenue and Brook Street, police said.

Nunez got out of his car after the crash, failed to comply with the officer’s commands, and started fighting with the officer in the yard of a home South Ocean Avenue, police said.

During the fight, Nunez stabbed the officer in the leg. Two good Samaritans and responding officers took Nunez into custody, police said.

---------------------

And this New Mexico video is self explanatory. Courtesy shown towards Omar Felix Cueva didn't help this cop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 12, 2021 1:43 PM

R39, if an officer shoots to disable the vehicle, it leaves the suspect free to grab whatever weapons he might have and attack the officer. If an officer aims at am extremity he'll probably miss because the suspect is moving, which will again give the suspect a moment in which he can attack the officer.

No, the only thing to do to in that life-or-death split second where someone is about to attack is to aim the shot at the torso, the easiest part if the body to hit and one where any sort of hit will knock the suspect backwards and stop an attack, whether of not the shot kills. The problem here is a police officer misjudging whether he was a actually at that life-or-death, kill-or-be-killed moment. Righg now, it's not clear that the officer was in any danger.

by Anonymousreply 49April 12, 2021 2:38 PM

But the same logic applies to the suspect firing... likeliest to aim for the chest - which is typically protected by body armour. I get the logic of where to aim but I still question the present practise.

by Anonymousreply 50April 12, 2021 2:42 PM

R8 The reason people ask "what did he do" when a white person is shot by police is that almost always the white person has to actually do something wrong to wind up that way. That's the difference, and the point.

R6 You're out of your mind. That is not at all what "downtown" Minneapolis is like - duh, "downtown" is the business/financial district...which makes me immediately doubt your familiarity with the city. Nor is it like Seward neighborhood, nor Franklin nor Chicago, nor Bryant nor east side of Lake etc., nor Phillips nor your scrappier parts of Nordeast & vicinities...which are areas with large concentrations of low-income/poverty, East African& other recent immigrants, and/or Black people, to which I assume you were attempting to refer.

In 20 years I've yet to see an "angry East African" or a "gang" - EVER - and I had to chase down a crackhead ex-boyfriend back in the day - more than once - so you can imagine where I found myself, and at what type of day. I also sat on boards for organizations in "marginal" neighborhoods, and volunteered at the worst high school in Mpls. And, of course, for many years I was downtown everyday, going to work with all the other suburban white people. Point is, even in in super-sketch places, still never saw marauding (or even strolling) gangs or angry immigrants, or anything like it.

by Anonymousreply 51April 12, 2021 2:54 PM

[quote] After determining the driver had an outstanding warrant, police tried to arrest the driver. The driver reentered the vehicle and drove away. An officer fired at the vehicle, striking the driver. Police said the vehicle traveled several blocks before striking another vehicle.

That's dangerous - the officer should have let him go. Shooting someone who's driving away in a car could cause the deaths of a lot of innocent people when the injured driver crashes into their cars.

by Anonymousreply 52April 12, 2021 3:07 PM

Cops only know how to superescalate

by Anonymousreply 53April 12, 2021 3:26 PM

R52 Agree. Unless you have a known active shooter or a serial killer in the car, go get him later. One stupid cop and very poor training. Who the fuck is in charge there?

by Anonymousreply 54April 12, 2021 3:33 PM

[quote]After determining the driver had an outstanding warrant, police tried to arrest the driver. The driver reentered the vehicle and drove away. An officer fired at the vehicle, striking the driver. Police said the vehicle traveled several blocks before striking another vehicle.

So genius at R31, Yahoo also reports he got back in the car and "drove away". No one has yet to post a source suggesting otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 55April 12, 2021 4:18 PM

I guess my question is, the police *knew* who he was, they identified him, he had an outstanding warrant, okay. So shoot him now as he runs away? Or cruise past his mother’s house (where I assume he lives) every day until he shows up, then arrest him. Takes too long? But they’d catch him eventually, he’s not that bright. Was he truly so dangerous that they needed to get him in custody, by shooting if necessary.

by Anonymousreply 56April 12, 2021 4:47 PM

Seems as though that the officer fucked up and should have tasered the suspect.

by Anonymousreply 57April 12, 2021 5:08 PM

More details need to be released and unpacked to get a better understanding of exactly what happened.

by Anonymousreply 58April 12, 2021 5:12 PM

R6 Yup I lived in Rochester for a while with my Asian friend and his husband and yes, the Somalis are angry and hate Asians.

There was a really nice Asian market that got burned down. White supremacists were suspected. Uh huh.

by Anonymousreply 59April 12, 2021 5:13 PM

Just heard of the news that the officer meant to pull his taser instead of his gun.

by Anonymousreply 60April 12, 2021 5:14 PM

If the driver was shot as he was driving away, which is what the cops have been saying, then there's NO WAY the cop mean to pull his Taser instead of a gun.

What was he going to do, Tase the car?

by Anonymousreply 61April 12, 2021 5:16 PM

Domestic terrorism in the US.

Plain and simple.

Black people live in constant fear of law enforcement.

Why is shooting people the FIRST thing Police officers consider?

by Anonymousreply 62April 12, 2021 5:18 PM

[quote] Just heard of the news

Very reliable.

by Anonymousreply 63April 12, 2021 5:18 PM

"Accidental shooting". Yeah, right.

by Anonymousreply 64April 12, 2021 5:18 PM

[Quote] If the driver was shot as he was driving away, which is what the cops have been saying, then there's NO WAY the cop mean to pull his Taser instead of a gun.

Why shoot someone for driving away? Why not shoot out the tires instead?

by Anonymousreply 65April 12, 2021 5:19 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 12, 2021 5:20 PM

[Quote] Agree. Unless you have a known active shooter or a serial killer in the car, go get him later. One stupid cop and very poor training. Who the fuck is in charge there?

Not one stupid cop. They would ALL have done this, especially to blacks.

by Anonymousreply 67April 12, 2021 5:20 PM

What do people think is going to happen if you literally run away from the police?

by Anonymousreply 68April 12, 2021 5:21 PM

[Quote] if an officer shoots to disable the vehicle, it leaves the suspect free to grab whatever weapons he might have and attack the officer.

So the answer is to shoot to kill because of hypotheticals?

by Anonymousreply 69April 12, 2021 5:22 PM

[Quote] the only thing to do to in that life-or-death split second where someone is about to attack is to aim the shot at the torso, the easiest part if the body to hit

Why is every moment considered life and death? Because the guy was black?

by Anonymousreply 70April 12, 2021 5:23 PM

We all saw how Washington was protected by thousands of troops during the BLM March but hardly anyone in sight on Jan 6.

It showed everyone how law enforcement views blacks vs whites

by Anonymousreply 71April 12, 2021 5:24 PM

R48, so police should shoot to kill all suspects?

by Anonymousreply 72April 12, 2021 5:25 PM

I'm becoming more conservative and law-enforcement supporting because of DL.

I didn't like Trump, but I wouldn't mind ... I don't know but some other GOP guy.

by Anonymousreply 73April 12, 2021 5:26 PM

[quote] In 20 years I've yet to see an "angry East African" or a "gang" - EVER - and I had to chase down a crackhead ex-boyfriend back in the day - more than once - so you can imagine where I found myself, and at what type of day.

Guess you missed that video from Minneapolis Pride a few years back where a group of Somali teen boys were harassing a gay couple.

by Anonymousreply 74April 12, 2021 5:27 PM

[quote] Just heard of the news that the officer meant to pull his taser instead of his gun.

You shouldn't taser someone either if they're driving away -- they could still crash into cars, pedestrians, buildings, and kill a lot of people, due to the effect of being tasered.

Do police not get any training on these things? Just "here's a gun - use it whenever you want to." ??

by Anonymousreply 75April 12, 2021 5:30 PM

R61, watch the body cam footage. They just ran it on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 76April 12, 2021 5:30 PM

The cop is a woman.

by Anonymousreply 77April 12, 2021 5:30 PM

[Quote] You shouldn't taser someone either if they're driving away -- they could still crash into cars, pedestrians, buildings, and kill a lot of people, due to the effect of being tasered.

Shooting someone would do the same, if not worse

by Anonymousreply 78April 12, 2021 5:33 PM

Did he die of natural causes?

by Anonymousreply 79April 12, 2021 5:33 PM

I’m tired of seeing only the deaths of blacks by police being reported. Let’s see all deaths of those by police be reported so we have some proper context. I’d also like to see reports on how many police are injured/killed daily. Let’s get the full picture. I’m over pretending like criminals are innocent martyrs and all cops are racist murderers.

by Anonymousreply 80April 12, 2021 5:34 PM

Agreed. That cop's an idiot. Get her off the streets. (and into court)

by Anonymousreply 81April 12, 2021 5:34 PM

Oh I was answering R78. This thread is flying by.

by Anonymousreply 82April 12, 2021 5:35 PM

R80, that exactly is the point. Police let whites get away with all sorts of shit

by Anonymousreply 83April 12, 2021 5:35 PM

Exactly r65, that was part of my point, and it's why the "he meant to grab his Taser" excuse that they trotted out this morning is complete b.s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 12, 2021 5:37 PM

Apparently the local press was not granted access to the news conference. I don't know who these people are asking the questions (the "community", maybe?), but they're grilling the shit out of these officials.

by Anonymousreply 85April 12, 2021 5:38 PM

I honestly cannot believe this shit keeps happening.

by Anonymousreply 86April 12, 2021 5:38 PM

"I’m over pretending like criminals are innocent martyrs and all cops are racist murderers."

No not all. Just too many. And nothing was being done about it, hence the protests.

PS: you're a racist piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 87April 12, 2021 5:38 PM

Somali boys harass a gay man in Minneapolis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88April 12, 2021 5:39 PM

[quote]Let’s see all deaths of those by police be reported so we have some proper context. I’d also like to see reports on how many police are injured/killed daily.

Damn shame the newspapers don't cover such things. Oh wait, they do. You just needed the tiniest justification to "aLL lIVES mATTER" yet another police shooting.

[quote]I’m over pretending like criminals are innocent martyrs and all cops are racist murderers.

Your Klan hood is peeking out, honey. Nobody's accusing your racist ass of giving a shit.

by Anonymousreply 89April 12, 2021 5:39 PM

He wasn't driving away, the car was stopped and the door was open when she shot him.

by Anonymousreply 90April 12, 2021 5:40 PM

R80 is a racist piece of shit...ff and block this asshole, their opinion is garbage anyway.

by Anonymousreply 91April 12, 2021 5:40 PM

Some dumb questions being asked: "Why was his body left on the street for five hours?" Because there's this thing called an investigation, you knucklehead.

by Anonymousreply 92April 12, 2021 5:41 PM

Body cam footage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 12, 2021 5:43 PM

R80's posts: Posts by ignored poster 16 Another police shooting in Minneapolis today “Making my list... Let’s see I need eggs, milk, a bicycle, a TV, a mattress. Hell let’s take whatever isn’t nailed down. That’s called appropriations, I saw it on NPR!” 🤡

Another police shooting in Minneapolis today We support our law enforcement! We want to live in a police state! But also have smaller government too! And religion in schools! 🤡

Let’s be a slow DL user! I’m the guy who doesn’t understand the purpose of these threads!

Tell me you're gay, without telling me you're gay I took the big dildo today!

Tell me you're gay, without telling me you're gay R158 especially during swimming when you got to take showers with the boys!

Tell me you're gay, without telling me you're gay “I like men who look like men. If I wanted to be with someone who wore dresses, I’d be with a woman. MASC UB2” 🤡

Tell me you're gay, without telling me you're gay I like cum in my mouth!

Tell me you're gay, without telling me you're gay R245 went from arranging interiors to “arranging interiors” 🤜 🤜.

Tell me you're gay, without telling me you're gay I don’t need a gooddamn whore pill! Is this what you really think of me?

Tell me you're gay, without telling me you're gay “If you want to hang out with Tina later, you know where to find me!”

by Anonymousreply 94April 12, 2021 5:43 PM

There was a warrant out out for his arrest for illegal firearm possession. He resisted arrest and got back in his car to flee the scene. That’s when he was shot.

by Anonymousreply 95April 12, 2021 5:47 PM

[Quote] Some dumb questions being asked: "Why was his body left on the street for five hours?" Because there's this thing called an investigation, you knucklehead.

How long does it take to do this investigation?

by Anonymousreply 96April 12, 2021 5:51 PM

Well, it was an “accident.” The officer grabbed his pistol instead of his taser.

by Anonymousreply 97April 12, 2021 5:53 PM

Why did he hop back into the car? I don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 98April 12, 2021 5:56 PM

That wasn’t exactly the execution I thought it was. She thought she has a taser and he was forcibly fleeing the police.

by Anonymousreply 99April 12, 2021 5:57 PM

R98 To try and get away?

It's still poor practice to shoot or tase someone who might be able to drive away after being injured. You could get people killed by doing that.

by Anonymousreply 100April 12, 2021 5:58 PM

R94 Wait wait wait! I’ve posted some crazy shit. I DID NOT POST WHAT R80. I WILL NOT BE DEFAMED IN THIS MANNER!

by Anonymousreply 101April 12, 2021 5:59 PM

Only 20 years old, already a babydaddy and a warrant for illegal firearms possession.

CHARMING.

by Anonymousreply 102April 12, 2021 5:59 PM

Supposedly he’s reaching for something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103April 12, 2021 6:00 PM

Why did he try to flee?

by Anonymousreply 104April 12, 2021 6:01 PM

r104 it's just what those people do.

by Anonymousreply 105April 12, 2021 6:01 PM

minnie-apa-lass!

by Anonymousreply 106April 12, 2021 6:02 PM

Yeah so it's less egregious than I expected. He was clearly resisting arrest and trying to get away, and she was going to tase him. One of the cops was Black, too.

by Anonymousreply 107April 12, 2021 6:03 PM

"The Talk" we keep hearing about ad nauseum needs to include teaching one's children to obey the law, take care of your car registration, your taillights, and your warrants should you be irresponsible enough to incur warrants, obey police instructions, and do not resist arrest or flee while disobeying police instructions. And don't drive when substance-impaired, as many of these resisting/fleeing scenarios are generated by impaired thinking.

R80 is right on point---Studies have been done by more than one non-partisan policy group, and there is no scarcity of instances where white and other non-black races are shot by police during arrests or stops. They usually involve similar scenarios i.e., the suspect is resisting or failing to obey police instructions, and bad consequences ensue. However, these instances get little media play because these demographic groups do not burn their cities down when a lawfully stopped/arrested person is shot while resisting or fleeing.

by Anonymousreply 108April 12, 2021 6:04 PM

Fun fact: guess who's been training cops in the US since 2007?

Blackwater.

They're trained to respond to their local communities like they're flushing out ISIS.

Somebody on the federal level needs to address this.

by Anonymousreply 109April 12, 2021 6:04 PM

We can all learn from this. IT’S CALLED DON’T RESIST LAW ENFORCEMENT. As the Backstreet Boys once sang “I don’t care who you are or where you’re from...”

by Anonymousreply 110April 12, 2021 6:05 PM

It seems like an issue of police incompetence more than anything. Same as that other cop who shot that Australian woman by accident.

by Anonymousreply 111April 12, 2021 6:06 PM

[quote] Same as that other cop who shot that Australian woman by accident.

I thought she was a feral kangaroo! Sorry, mate.

by Anonymousreply 112April 12, 2021 6:08 PM

Wow, it's THAT easy to make a mistake and shoot and kill someone instead of tasering?

Then, it's manslaughter

by Anonymousreply 113April 12, 2021 6:10 PM

R112 “Your honor, I just saw this hopping object... I panicked....”

by Anonymousreply 114April 12, 2021 6:12 PM

He was pulled over for expired tags--which apparently lots of people there have because there is a back log on tags.

There was a warrant to appear in court for another misdemeanor. In fact, there is a big question as to whether he would have even known about the court appearance warrant.

Why was a taser even considered for an expired tag?

by Anonymousreply 115April 12, 2021 6:12 PM

[quote]take care of your car registration, your taillights, and your warrants should you be irresponsible enough to incur warrants, obey police instructions, and do not resist arrest or flee while disobeying police instructions. And don't drive when substance-impaired,

None of these things should end with being shot to death by the police. Even if they're illegal. Even if you're not "supposed' to do them.

More nasty cop apologist bullshit on here. Fucked up. Still can't believe gay men are such racist, classist, holier-than-thou assholes.

by Anonymousreply 116April 12, 2021 6:12 PM

The media is already leaving out details. They are saying he was pulled over for an expired tag. That is true. But they aren’t including how he had a warrant for illegal firearms possession. The cop mentions how he has a warrant and then he suddenly tries to flee the scene. Imagine you are the cops at the moment, they don’t know that he’s trying to flee. They just see him getting back in his vehicle. He could be going in there to retrieve a weapon. He didn’t comply with police and tried to commit another crime by fleeing the scene. I am done expecting cops to be perfect in dangerous situations that I would never place myself in with people who are willing to break the law over and over again. It doesn’t make one racist to expect all people to comply with law officers.

by Anonymousreply 117April 12, 2021 6:14 PM

How many MAGAts have an unregistered gun? 50% 90%?

So he was killed for that and an expired tag.

And why flee? When the news is saturated with stories of cops killing young black men, uh, I think that's your answer. You panic.

by Anonymousreply 118April 12, 2021 6:18 PM

What R116 said times ten.

by Anonymousreply 119April 12, 2021 6:18 PM

"None of those things" usually end with being shot by police, because most people pulled over for reg tags don't have firearm possession warrants out. And of those that do, they comply quietly if taken into custody rather than getting back into the car against police warnings to stop. I'm not saying that police use-of-force training and protocols don't need reform. But the large majority of these situations owe to toxic behavior patterns by suspects that generate heightened stress and fear for the cops, a deadly scenario. And the message of the screamers, burners, and looters is that any of "their" poor martyrs should be permitted to ignore police orders, resist, and flee when stopped. Um . . . how is that supposed to work?

by Anonymousreply 120April 12, 2021 6:20 PM

Floyd was a hoodlum with an arrest record, so other than than to his family, not really much of a loss and complete over the top reaction to what happened to him. In this case however, this kid seemed like a decent guy, not to mention he was a cutie. He obviously didn't deserve this.

by Anonymousreply 121April 12, 2021 6:20 PM

Everything seemed to be going fine and peaceful up to the point where the suspect decided to get back in his car. I think the cop is looking at a manslaughter charge.

by Anonymousreply 122April 12, 2021 6:21 PM

[quote]I’m tired of seeing only the deaths of blacks by police being reported. Let’s see all deaths of those by police be reported so we have some proper context. I’d also like to see reports on how many police are injured/killed daily. Let’s get the full picture. I’m over pretending like criminals are innocent martyrs and all cops are racist murderers.

Because if they report it, then everyone will see that the majority of people killed by police are NOT BLACK.

Yes, Blacks over-index (look it up), but whites represent the majority that are killed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 12, 2021 6:22 PM

R88

Right. Did I say the city is crime-free? I did not. But R6 painted a Thunderdome portrait, which is not even remotely accurate.

R115 They call them “tabs” here, for some annoying reason. And they have got to be a cash cow for the county, bc cops will pull you over every time they are near enough to see. I myself have paid over a thousand dollars in fines because I am a procrastinating dumbass who compounded the issue by not paying the tickets on time. At no time was I shot or otherwise killed, and the first 3 or 4 times I was pulled over I didn't even get a ticket. Only started getting them because the cops in my little corner of the world got tired of my repeat-offender status.

by Anonymousreply 124April 12, 2021 6:23 PM

Mr. Cutie/Decent Guy had an illegal firearms warrant out and got into his vehicle to start it up after being repeatedly warned by police not to do so. The guy was trash, and we will get the specifics on that shortly. He shouldn't have had to die, but there won't be manslaughter charges for fumbling which weapon in a heightened situation like that.

by Anonymousreply 125April 12, 2021 6:24 PM

I noticed one of the questions at the press conference had to do with the fact that the backlogs and processing for vehicle tags in that area was causing months-long delays in people receiving their tags in the mail. The person point- blank asked the chief if pulling people over for expired tags was a high priority, since both the chief and his staff know that there are a lot people driving around with expired tags because they still haven't received them.

by Anonymousreply 126April 12, 2021 6:29 PM

We'll see how well "Oops" works as a legal defense.

by Anonymousreply 127April 12, 2021 6:33 PM

This doesn't happen in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 128April 12, 2021 6:35 PM

[quote]The media is already leaving out details. They are saying he was pulled over for an expired tag. That is true. But they aren’t including how he had a warrant for illegal firearms possession

It was a warrant to appear in court for a misdemeanor charge.

by Anonymousreply 129April 12, 2021 6:36 PM

[quote]The guy was trash, and we will get the specifics on that shortly.

That's always the right wing defense: He was a terrible person and is better off dead

by Anonymousreply 130April 12, 2021 6:37 PM

American cops use the gun as the answer to every problem, no matter how minor.

THAT is the problem.

by Anonymousreply 131April 12, 2021 6:38 PM

Always, R130, always.

by Anonymousreply 132April 12, 2021 6:38 PM

R120 Police should not be shooting at someone who is running away on a *misdemeanor* warrant. Were they threatened by his back?

Besides, before George Floyd there was Philando Castile. No need to do anything wrong to get shot. In fact, going out of your way to do the *right* thing is what got Castile shot five* times at close range, with another adult and a young child right there in the car (*out of seven firings)

I don’t blame this young man for running, at all. There was no reason to shoot him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133April 12, 2021 6:40 PM

Why do people resist arrest? It's just insane. That's a basic thing you know as an adult: do what the authorities say to a T.

by Anonymousreply 134April 12, 2021 6:42 PM

[quote]This doesn't happen in Canada.

We'll send our blacks up to you and you'll see it happening in five fucking minutes.

by Anonymousreply 135April 12, 2021 6:51 PM

So very many racist, boot-licking cop apologists.

by Anonymousreply 136April 12, 2021 7:05 PM

Instead of fleeing, he should have done a little dance, charged at the officer, shoved the officer, jumped into the police cruiser, then jumped back in his car and sped off. He'd still be alive. No, wait, he'd still be alive if he did all that and was white.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 12, 2021 7:11 PM

[quote] [R8] The reason people ask "what did he do" when a white person is shot by police is that almost always the white person has to actually do something wrong to wind up that way. That's the difference, and the point.

This is nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 138April 12, 2021 7:11 PM

^ It is not. Whether you include encounters with armed suspects or only focus on unarmed, white people are FAR less likely to be killed by the police.

[quote]In an analysis of 4,653 fatal shootings for which information about both race and age were available, the researchers found a small but statistically significant decline in white deaths (about 1%) but no significant change in deaths for BIPOC. There were 5,367 fatal police shootings during that five-year period, according to the Post’s database. In the case of armed victims, Native Americans were killed by police at a rate three times that of white people (77 total killed). Black people were killed at 2.6 times the rate of white people (1,265 total killed); and Hispanics were killed at nearly 1.3 times the rate of white people (889 total killed). Among unarmed victims, Black people were killed at three times the rate (218 total killed), and Hispanics at 1.45 times the rate of white people (146 total killed).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139April 12, 2021 7:17 PM

R139 those data do not take into account what differential behavior might be occuring on the part of the victims.

Newsflash: 2 things can bet rue at the same time:

1. Cops treat black perps differently

2. Black perps act differently towards cops.

Both might be driving these #s.

by Anonymousreply 140April 12, 2021 7:31 PM

R140, that might be a valid consideration when dealing with the armed group. But to try and claim that explains why unarmed Blacks are even MORE likely to be killed than unarmed whites is absurd on its face. Especially after the video at R137.

by Anonymousreply 141April 12, 2021 7:34 PM

1) Black men commit violent crimes at rates disproportionate to population, so they will have encounters with police at greater rates than white people. 2) When it comes to killing unarmed suspects, white men are killed by police at the same rate as black men.

by Anonymousreply 142April 12, 2021 7:38 PM

R135 This doesn't happen where blacks are in Canada because Canada never stuck them in ghettos, prohibited generations from reading, did segregation, slavery, or created a permanent underclass of people.

They simply treated them like people.

by Anonymousreply 143April 12, 2021 7:40 PM

(142) Exactly my thoughts. If black males did not commit so much crime, but of course, blacks love their criminals no matter what they did.

by Anonymousreply 144April 12, 2021 7:41 PM

White Man's Burden

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145April 12, 2021 7:46 PM

R142 #1 does not explain the discrepancies in both number and result of routine traffic stops and #2 is just false. But you'll keep trying I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 146April 12, 2021 7:46 PM

Since the boot-licking cop apologists tend to defend cops by making shit up, I'm gonna have to see solid proof there was an outstanding weapons warrant in this case.

by Anonymousreply 147April 12, 2021 7:48 PM

I read there is some sort of investigation into one of the leading BLM members, how she could afford a $1.4 million dollar mansion.

by Anonymousreply 148April 12, 2021 7:50 PM

^ Oh so that explains why this man was shot? Because a Black person bought a mansion.

by Anonymousreply 149April 12, 2021 7:52 PM

All of this is so stupid.

I'm going to go do some drugs. Everything is too stupid.

by Anonymousreply 150April 12, 2021 7:53 PM

[quote]This doesn't happen where blacks are in Canada because Canada never stuck them in ghettos, prohibited generations from reading, did segregation, slavery, or created a permanent underclass of people.

If black Americans moved to Canada in large numbers tomorrow, the police shootings would start tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 151April 12, 2021 8:02 PM

stay classy Minneapolis!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152April 12, 2021 8:04 PM

XXXXXXX was a young man with limitless potential who was slaughtered by a racist police officer, symbolizing white supremacist oppression, for no reason whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 153April 12, 2021 8:08 PM

Here you go r147. Took 30seconds if searching on twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154April 12, 2021 8:17 PM

Philando Castile told the cops at the car window, that he had a gun in his pocket. He then reached downward into his pocket over their their frantic commands to keep his hands up and on the wheel or dash or whatever. You couldn't make this stuff up. As I noted above, many of these encounters go south due to bad cognitive processing by a suspect who is impaired, which was the case here. Shortly before the police encounter Castile and his delightful girlfriend filmed themselves drugging in the car in front of the small child.

by Anonymousreply 155April 12, 2021 8:28 PM

Correction to R155--The girlfriend of Castile (Lavish Reynolds aka Diamond Reynolds) uploaded vids to Youtube of them using drugs in the car with the small child on separate days from the incident, not long before the incident. Fair bet the same was going on the day of the incident, and impaired cognitive processing played a role in Castile fatally reaching for his pocket after telling the cops he had a gun there. Another instance of disgustingly misplaced hagiography of the deceased, regardless of cop procedures. The late Mr. Castile and the girlfriend were utter dregs, and apparently bent on passing that on to a young child.

by Anonymousreply 156April 12, 2021 8:44 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157April 12, 2021 9:17 PM

Not taking sides, but here's another thing to consider. Would the suspect have died if he had not driven away? He could very well have bled out because the wound was not attended to. If he had stayed put, the officers could have applied pressure to the wound until medics arrived and potentially prevented his death (depending, of course, on where the bullet hit).

by Anonymousreply 158April 12, 2021 9:19 PM

There is literally nothing these racists won't lie about. Castile was getting out his license AS REQUESTED when the officer shot him. He did NOT say he had a gun in his pocket, he said he had a gun "on him" because he had to go into his pocket to get his wallet for his license and he tried to reassure the officer that he was NOT going for his gun.

by Anonymousreply 159April 12, 2021 9:24 PM

Um . . . If you say to police that you have a gun "on you," and you are commanded (frantically) to keep your hands out and not move them to your pocket or anywhere under your clothes, is a way to get killed.. . . Calling people "racists" who point out facts is lowest-common-denominator thinking that will never get these problems solved.

by Anonymousreply 160April 12, 2021 9:28 PM

R160 don't fret. People on here already admitted they don't care about facts or statistics even when they are presented in an objective fashion. It's much easier to scream "racist".

by Anonymousreply 161April 12, 2021 9:30 PM

It is so telling that anyone would actually take the position that police should accept "reassurance" from a person who says to police they have a gun "on them," but reaches for their pocket in violation of orders not to do so . . .

by Anonymousreply 162April 12, 2021 9:31 PM

"Frantically commanded"

Such bullshit. The officer said "OK don't pull it out." And Castille said I'm not." His girlfriend also said "he's not." And then the officer shot him. Seven times. And then arrested the girlfriend. For crying I guess.

But yeah, makes total sense. Because people always tell police officers they have a gun on them when they're planning to shoot the officer.

by Anonymousreply 163April 12, 2021 9:36 PM

Philando Castile video. He didn’t make the connection that “don’t pull it (the gun) out” meant “don’t pull anything out”. He was asked for ID and registration. He gave his license and then said I have a gun. The police said Don’t pull it out. He went for his registration in the. Police said Don’t pull it out. He continued to go for his registration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164April 12, 2021 9:42 PM

In the *glove compartment

by Anonymousreply 165April 12, 2021 9:43 PM

I think only non-Latino Black cops should handle non-Latino Black citizens. Just special for them. Everyone else can community to have cops of any ethnicity or race.

by Anonymousreply 166April 12, 2021 9:44 PM

^ And let's not forget we're talking about 7-8 seconds tops. Castille is telling the officer he has a gun as he is taking out his license (he had already given the officer his insurance card). It's about 3 seconds between "don't pull it out" and the shooting. This idea that the officer is frantically telling him to stop and Castille is just blithely disobeying is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 167April 12, 2021 9:47 PM

*continue to have

by Anonymousreply 168April 12, 2021 9:47 PM

R167, he disobeyed “Don’t pull it out” insofar as he was still getting his registration. He should have just stopped moving completly. The cop forgot that the request for the registration was still out there, and Castile was trying to fulfill that. But Castile gratuitously added a variable by mentioning his gun that disconnected the registration request from the cop’s processing of Castile’s movements immediately after.

Brain glitches on both sides. The answer is to pause all action and have one party, the cop, direct a way out.

by Anonymousreply 169April 12, 2021 9:53 PM

"But Castile gratuitously added a variable"

Gratuitous? JFC. Imagine if Castille had not mentioned the gun and while trying to get his wallet the officer sees what he thinks is, and turns out to be, a gun. What would the bullshit narrative around the shooting be then?

by Anonymousreply 170April 12, 2021 10:01 PM

It was just a simple mistake.

The poor officer girl was reachin' for her tazer, but grabbed her fully loaded weapon by mistake.

And then she shot him.

by Anonymousreply 171April 12, 2021 10:01 PM

Do the Copsuckers get paid per post every time there's a shooting? JFC.

by Anonymousreply 172April 12, 2021 10:04 PM

[quote] The poor officer girl was reachin' for her tazer, but grabbed her fully loaded weapon by mistake.

Completely understandable. After all, I hit the gas pedal instead of the brake.

(Allegedly)

by Anonymousreply 173April 12, 2021 10:07 PM

The racist cop apologist trolls on this thread are liking their own posts, multiple times each.

by Anonymousreply 174April 12, 2021 10:10 PM

R170, within the discrete transaction of meeting the request for license and registration, he did gratuitously add a variable. It short-circuited the chain of request and fulfillment and opened the door wide to human error.

There’s a logic and precision with which one must obey orders and meet requests of authorities.

by Anonymousreply 175April 12, 2021 10:11 PM

R174, if you want an echo chamber, read your Twitter feed.

by Anonymousreply 176April 12, 2021 10:13 PM

(R149) Yes, indeed, he was racing past the speed limit because he wanted to see the mansion. You asshole.

by Anonymousreply 177April 12, 2021 10:14 PM

"There’s a logic and precision with which one must obey orders and meet requests of authorities."

No there isn't. The goalposts move constantly and deliberately so that whatever the Black person did was what he shouldn't do, and whatever he didn't do is what he should have done.

If Castile had not mentioned the gun but the officer spotted it, the narrative would be "HE SHOULD HAVE DISCLOSED THE GUN."

by Anonymousreply 178April 12, 2021 10:15 PM

Perfect explanation, he took over Floyd's drug route and was speeding to make his deliveries.

by Anonymousreply 179April 12, 2021 10:16 PM

R177 hey asshole, do you mind explaining why you're bringing up a totally irrelevant topic that's discussed elsewhere into this thread?

Actually don't bother, we already know.

by Anonymousreply 180April 12, 2021 10:16 PM

(R180) Shocked you can actually read....Water, glass of water..

by Anonymousreply 181April 12, 2021 10:21 PM

This case needs to be referenced in the "I will never own a gun" thread. It proves that under great stress, people do not become the "heroes with a gun" that they think they will be. If a trained police officer fucks up that badly and shoots someone, imagine Joe Gunowner who goes to the range every now and then and has never been in a life or death situation reacting to something like this.

People are nuts and those of you saying that this happens more to white people...you do realize there are more white people, right? Let's all just agree it shouldn't happen to anyone no matter your race or gender.

by Anonymousreply 182April 12, 2021 10:48 PM

Well that’s precisely the problem, R182: too many people don’t agree that it shouldn’t happen to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 183April 12, 2021 10:55 PM

Even in the best cast scenario, this cop looks like the ultimate Barney Fife of police officers. Her defense is really I grabbed the wrong weapon, oops?? I’m not racist, I’m just completely inept at my job?

by Anonymousreply 184April 12, 2021 11:11 PM

Opportunistic Looters were out last night in both Brooklyn Center & Minneapolis. Area stores are boarding up today. Curfew at 7 PM tonight. 500 National Guard deployed with over 1000 tonight.

Watching local news here in the Twin Cities.

by Anonymousreply 185April 12, 2021 11:15 PM

I just got an alert on my phone for the curfew here in the Twin Cities. They are expecting riots and looting tonight.

by Anonymousreply 186April 12, 2021 11:41 PM

[quote] This case needs to be referenced in the "I will never own a gun" thread.

Does that go for the victim too, since this stems from a weapons warrant?

[quote] you do realize there are more white people, right?

You do understand that the statistics cited are configured for proportions within populations, right? That they take into account the population size of each demo in relation to number of incidents.

by Anonymousreply 187April 12, 2021 11:54 PM

Why is this national news?

I'll tell you why.

Just like after the shooting near Atlanta of those Asian ladies when there is a big news story showing white people being monsters soon after you will see a news story pushed nationally that involves Black people committing a crime. Almost like Black people are the shield white people throw up to deflect all the horrific things they do.

So that story about the cops illegally stopping and harassing that Black soldier comes out and BAM!! next day national news has some local story about a two bit Black perp getting shot and killed.

See white folks aren't the problem, white folks good, Black folks bad.

Whiteness is a public health crisis. It shortens life expectancies, it pollutes air, it constricts equilibrium, it devastates forests, it melts ice caps, it sparks (and funds) wars, it flattens dialects, it infests consciousnesses, and it kills people—white people and people who are not white. There will be people who die, in 2050, because of white supremacy-induced decisions from 1850.

But these truths won't be allowed to become cemented in your mind or anyone's mind because before they have had chance to take settle in some news story that would never be national news will be force fed to the masses in order to continue the legacy of using Black people as the scapegoat for white people's sins.

by Anonymousreply 188April 13, 2021 12:33 AM

Yeah, this is precisely what I expected. Those "weapons warrants" were for unpaid fines for marijuana possession.

Tip to the Copsuckers: stop making shit up to justify killing people. We see right through you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189April 13, 2021 12:41 AM

[quote]In a brief clip of body camera video, officers from the Brooklyn Center Police Department can be seen trying to handcuff the driver, Daunte Wright, before he suddenly lurches back into his car. One of the officers, whose name has not been released, aims a weapon at Mr. Wright and shouts, “Taser! Taser! Taser!

So according to the NYT, he ran back into his while trying to be handcuffed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190April 13, 2021 12:43 AM

^^^ into HIS CAR

by Anonymousreply 191April 13, 2021 12:48 AM

A police officer who doesn't know the difference between a gun and a taser is a police officer who doesn't know her ass from a hole in the ground.

by Anonymousreply 192April 13, 2021 12:49 AM

[quote]Took 30seconds if searching on twitter

It takes less than that to find the actual criminal records, R154. Of course, you're not interested in reality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193April 13, 2021 1:00 AM

Has the "this is why women shouldn't be cops" shit started yet?

by Anonymousreply 194April 13, 2021 1:01 AM

Total side question here -

With all the backlog in expired tags, does that mean vehicles are not insured? What would happen if the driver of a car with expired tags was in an accident?

by Anonymousreply 195April 13, 2021 1:30 AM

[quote]With all the backlog in expired tags, does that mean vehicles are not insured?

Expired vehicle registration has no impact on car insurance.

by Anonymousreply 196April 13, 2021 1:41 AM

This thread is a perfect example of the fact that people should wait to comment until they have the facts. So much misinformation in the first 100 posts here.

by Anonymousreply 197April 13, 2021 1:44 AM

They don't call us pigs for nuthin.

by Anonymousreply 198April 13, 2021 2:38 AM

R186 Property Damage ! Egads!

by Anonymousreply 199April 13, 2021 2:41 AM

R188, you’re a nutcase.

[quote] .you do realize there are more white people, right? Let's all just agree it shouldn't happen to anyone no matter your race or gender.

Police killings of unarmed people/suspects happen at equal rates regardless of the race of the person. That is the salient point.

Yes, it shouldn’t happen, but when it does happen, activists, the media, and now Joe Q Public believes it happens only to black people, or more often to black people, and that innocent black people minding their own business are murdered by cops every single day in this country. That’s not the case, AT ALL. Further, when unarmed white people are unjustifiably murdered by police, communities don’t RIOT in protest.

The Jan. 6 incident at the Capitol was abhorrent in every way, but it was an isolated incident. I know, it’s hard to hear that, and I’m not defending what those trashy retards did AT ALL, but it is not typical for whites to riot. The exception was last summer, when white people did join in the BLM riots, some of them instigating looting to make BLM look bad.

by Anonymousreply 200April 13, 2021 2:57 AM

[quote] Police killings of unarmed people/suspects happen at equal rates regardless of the race of the person. That is the salient point.

That is simply untrue, and you know it. You are just spewing bullshit. There are studies. There are statistics.

[quote] Over the past five years there has been no reduction in the racial disparity in fatal police shooting victims despite increased use of body cameras and closer media scrutiny, according to a new report by researchers at Yale and the University of Pennsylvania.

[quote] Among unarmed victims, Black people were killed at three times the rate (218 total killed), and Hispanics at 1.45 times the rate of white people (146 total killed).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201April 13, 2021 3:15 AM

[quote] it is not typical for whites to riot.

Of course not. Because whites aren't typically the victims of racism, police brutality, oppressive voting laws, etc., etc. That's like saying, "Why are the gays always making such a fuss about discrimination and inequality? Why did the gays have to riot during the Stonewall uprising? You never see straight people making that kind of a fuss."

by Anonymousreply 202April 13, 2021 3:22 AM

Andy Ngo has good clips. He’s very biased but his feed is interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203April 13, 2021 3:30 AM

To me it’s strange that they’re marching and getting angry about something that happened for someone whom they don’t know. He’s not family—why risk violence and arrest?

by Anonymousreply 204April 13, 2021 3:32 AM

If you want to create more midterm GOP voters, keep going.

by Anonymousreply 205April 13, 2021 3:34 AM

Crazy stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206April 13, 2021 3:34 AM

[quote] Andy Ngo has good clips. He’s very biased but his feed is interesting.

"Very biased" is an understatement. I'm not going to follow the Twitter feed of someone promoting his book "Inside Antifa's Radical plan to destroy democracy" while retweeting The Daily Caller. Interesting how DataLoungers just happen to stumble upon these Twitter feeds of far-right crazies.

by Anonymousreply 207April 13, 2021 3:36 AM

Crazy stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208April 13, 2021 3:38 AM

Oh, now we've got people shilling for Andy Ngo here?

Fuck.

Me.

We've got a straight-up invasion of Stormfront users. Pure, unadulterated white supremacy horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 209April 13, 2021 3:38 AM

Yashar Ali follows Andy Ngo.

by Anonymousreply 210April 13, 2021 3:51 AM

Repeat of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211April 13, 2021 3:55 AM

Don't run away from police who are trying to arrest you.

by Anonymousreply 212April 13, 2021 4:00 AM

The officer who shot Daunte Wright during a traffic stop got her police license at 22 in 1995.

by Anonymousreply 213April 13, 2021 4:04 AM

Oops...butterfingers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214April 13, 2021 4:09 AM

[quote]Why didn’t they shoot the damn tires out if they thought he was going to flee?

Tasers don't harm tires?

by Anonymousreply 215April 13, 2021 4:13 AM

I don't understand this video. They handcuffed him and still had to shoot him? How was he able to drive away when he was handcuffed?

by Anonymousreply 216April 13, 2021 4:16 AM

[quote]If he was wanted for something serious, and was resisting arrest, that is different than if it was for something trivial.

It isn't different. A cop is not judge, jury and executioner.

by Anonymousreply 217April 13, 2021 4:25 AM

[quote]Yashar Ali follows Andy Ngo.

And President Obama hosted a lunch for Trump on Inauguration Day in 2016. Your point?

by Anonymousreply 218April 13, 2021 4:28 AM

BLM- Burn Loot Murder- strikes again.

by Anonymousreply 219April 13, 2021 4:33 AM

Muriel needs to get a handle on DL's Nazi infestation.

by Anonymousreply 220April 13, 2021 4:38 AM

Say what you want about Andy Ngo, but he was the first journalist to sift through the claims of an “epidemic” of transwomen being murdered for being trans and debunk it.

by Anonymousreply 221April 13, 2021 4:54 AM

R216 It looked like they were in the process of cuffing him but he broke free and dived into his car. The female cop stuck her gun into the open window and shot him point-blank in the chest while yelling “Taser! taser! taser!

What I don’t understand is how anyone could ‘mistake’ a taser for a gun. Are they even remotely alike in how they look, feel, or how they are activated? And even if you accept their ‘oops, I fired the wrong thing,’ Why would it be acceptable to stick a taser through a car window and tase a person in the chest.

by Anonymousreply 222April 13, 2021 4:59 AM

[quote] That is simply untrue, and you know it. You are just spewing bullshit. There are studies. There are statistics.

Mea culpa. I actually didn’t know that. I thought I had heard that unarmed white people were killed by cops at the same rate as unarmed black people, but it’s actually the numbers of such murders that are roughly equal, not the rate of those murders per demographic. I genuinely did not know this and didn’t mean to misrepresent the statistics.

Still, the numbers max out at about two dozen per year. Which, yes, I realize any number greater than 0 is too many, but we’re a country of 332 million people.

Anyway, here’s hoping the looting gets that number down to zero.

by Anonymousreply 223April 13, 2021 5:01 AM

In a capitalist society that values property & money over human life, looting will happen. It is a counterprotest. Walmart can eat a bag of dicks.

by Anonymousreply 224April 13, 2021 5:10 AM

That’s certainly one way to spin it. ^^

by Anonymousreply 225April 13, 2021 5:18 AM

[quote]What I don’t understand is how anyone could ‘mistake’ a taser for a gun.

Yes, especially someone who's been a police officer since 1992. Apparently they train police officers to shoot a taser with the other hand than they shoot a gun. So why was she shooting with her gun hand in the first place???

by Anonymousreply 226April 13, 2021 5:22 AM

Clearly she sucked and should be fired and will likely (hopefully) be charged with manslaughter.

by Anonymousreply 227April 13, 2021 5:25 AM

In New Orleans, they're killing 14lbs puppies. I guess the puppy went for his gun!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228April 13, 2021 5:26 AM

Every single time I want to feel sorry for these guys, once I see the full unedited body cams video, they always are a-holes resisting arrest. Sorry, but not sorry, all bets are off when you do that no matter what color your skin is. Any physical altercation with a cop is not going to end well no matter who you are. Plus, that in and of itself is a crime.

by Anonymousreply 229April 13, 2021 5:30 AM

Those young gentleman who used their bicycles to smash the front window of that BMW SUV in Manhattan- they were EMBOLDENED by the rioters of the summer before who got off scot free after their involvement in BLM- Burn Loot Murder.

by Anonymousreply 230April 13, 2021 5:43 AM

Really, would there be this outrage, rioting and looting is the dead man was white or, especially, Asian?

by Anonymousreply 231April 13, 2021 5:43 AM

Why is shit always going down in Minneapolis?

by Anonymousreply 232April 13, 2021 5:47 AM

More rioting and looting tonight in Brooklyn Center. It started out peaceful, but then turned into a riot. A Dollar Store was looted and set on fire. The fire department was ready and quickly moved in and minimized the burn damage. Police and National Guard used tear gas and flash bangs to break up the riot. The rioters dispersed.

by Anonymousreply 233April 13, 2021 5:50 AM

I predict negligence charge..a gun is much heavier than a taser too...bitch had it out for awhile before shooting..WHAT A DUMB BITCH

by Anonymousreply 234April 13, 2021 5:52 AM

You know what? None of this shit ever goes on in my city. Thank you media and social media. Thank you for taking an incident a thousand miles away and importing it and extrapolating it so that it becomes everyone's fucking problem.

Where there wasn't a problem before, now there was. Thank you media, for amplifying and spreading it all around so everyone can get worked up and take sides. We don't have a real war so let's turn in on ourselves and split into a cop vs citizen race war.

Thank you, no we need this to focus on so we don't pull the curtain back and see how we're all getting screwed. Don't you dare unionize with those libs or repugs. Keep working. Jeff Bezos needs his yacht. Welcome to Elon Musk's Tesla dealership. Look at these hybrids, don't turn behind you and look at the people in tents under the bridge.

Just keep hating your neighbor America. It's what the media tells you to do.

by Anonymousreply 235April 13, 2021 5:55 AM

Well said, R235.

by Anonymousreply 236April 13, 2021 5:59 AM

Just as it's easy as fuck to see and assert that Chauvin committed some degree of murder/manslaughter, it's just as easy to see and assert that this officer just made a dumb mistake - because of an even dumber mistake was made by the now deceased.

No need for racial anything this time. It was just a punk kid doing a punk kid thing and an officer making a tragic mistake.

by Anonymousreply 237April 13, 2021 6:04 AM

Rashida is stoking the flames again. Somebody needs to shut this idiot up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238April 13, 2021 7:52 AM

You don't know much about the world or history, R224, do you.

by Anonymousreply 239April 13, 2021 10:27 AM

[quote] 500 National Guard deployed with over 1000 tonight.

Amazing how quickly they can deploy them when it’s not people storming the Capitol and threatening the Vice President and Congress.

Simply amazing.

by Anonymousreply 240April 13, 2021 10:57 AM

[quote] A Dollar Store was looted and set on fire. The fire department was ready and quickly moved in and minimized the burn damage.

Did they save the poundcake?!

by Anonymousreply 241April 13, 2021 10:58 AM

R240, riots are predictable and happen like clockwork in some segments of the population.

by Anonymousreply 242April 13, 2021 11:07 AM

Yeah, r242, and the riot on the Capitol was totally utterly unpredictable. No one could’ve seen that coming, in spite of the incessant rhetoric on Twitter and other webpages that the government knew about and warned the Capitol Police about.

And even after requests to deploy the national guard were rebuffed.

Yup. Totally unpredictable.

🙄

by Anonymousreply 243April 13, 2021 11:12 AM

Yes I am against police brutality, for bad cops paying the price, agree that nobody deserves to die like this and lots of trash cops need to go, etc. You can riot all you want.

Still, these victims' point of view amazes me to no end (exact same old stories for how long?). If I were in their places, my precious life (not dying, not getting harmed in that moment) would be the most important thing. What exact thought process is going on in these resisters' head? Do they really think that resisting, disobeying, dragging on and fleeing are much "safer" options not to get shoot? I need to know. Is it how their brain always work, every single time when these resisters get unfortunately shot?

This logic of "They know how police loves to shoot black people; they have seen enough; naturally they're afraid to obey because that's likely lead to get shot" is a total bullshit nonsense. I understand the first two sentences. But the third? If they have seen enough, they should know by now that the sheer chance of getting shot and possibly dead is: resisting and fleeing >>>>>> (incomparable) >>>>>> just obeying but still getting shot

by Anonymousreply 244April 13, 2021 11:32 AM

[quote]A Dollar Store was looted and set on fire.

Well, that's just good taste.

by Anonymousreply 245April 13, 2021 11:55 AM

This is what happens when everyone has a gun. It makes the margins for error much much smaller, as people end up getting shot through misunderstandings, being impaired through drink and/or drugs, having cognitive problems or suffering from a mental illness. Here in Britain no one has a gun, not the police, not the public. No one ends up dead because of a traffic misdemeanour.

by Anonymousreply 246April 13, 2021 12:18 PM

R6- Minneapolis has changed a LOT since the Mary Tyler Moore Show.

by Anonymousreply 247April 13, 2021 12:49 PM

Is Kim Potter menopausal?

by Anonymousreply 248April 13, 2021 12:58 PM

Didn’t know he’s still around

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249April 13, 2021 1:06 PM

Still handsome

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250April 13, 2021 1:12 PM

R250- I would DEFINITELY lick his BALLS.

by Anonymousreply 251April 13, 2021 1:35 PM

Looks like Israel Keyes.

by Anonymousreply 252April 13, 2021 2:01 PM

Lots of hot men in Minneapolis.

by Anonymousreply 253April 13, 2021 2:03 PM

Andy Ngo, telling the public facts and showing film CNN and the NY Times hide.

by Anonymousreply 254April 13, 2021 3:17 PM

Nothing says racial justice then grabbing a new pair of Air Maxs.

24 Comments

Footlocker stores in Minnesota were looted and trashed once again despite the company having donated $200 million dollars to Black Lives Matter causes in the past year.

Minnesota has been hit with yet more violent unrest over the last two nights in response to the police killing of Daunte Wright, who was shot by a female officer who mistook a gun for a taser.

Footage from Sunday night showed looters breaking into a shoe store and stealing Nike trainers, because apparently justice for Daunte Wright looks an awful lot like getting your hands on a brand new pair of Air Max.

Looters also targeted Footlocker, with footage from the scene showing the store completely cleaned out.

By the end of the night, around 20 Brooklyn Center businesses had been looted as well as sporadic looting in surrounding areas, and the chaos was repeated last night.

Apparently, the opportunistic thugs who looted both stores didn’t care too much for Nike and Footlocker’s commitment to helping Black Lives Matter causes.

Back in June, Nike pledged $40 million over four years to “black community organizations” in a bid to help tackled “systemic racism and police brutality.”

“”Systemic racism and the events that have unfolded across America over the past few weeks serve as an urgent reminder of the continued change needed in our society. We know Black Lives Matter. We must educate ourselves more deeply on the issues faced by Black communities and understand the enormous suffering and senseless tragedy racial bigotry creates,” John Donahoe, President and CEO of Nike said in the statement.

However, Nike’s financial commitment was dwarfed by Footlocker, which pledged a whopping $200 million after the George Floyd riots which went to BLM causes, “investing in youth-centric Black-owned businesses” and served as a means of “enhancing the lives of our team members and our customers in the Black Community through Economic Development and Education.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255April 13, 2021 3:39 PM

I imagine BonniePrinceCharlie looking a lot like Jacob Frey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256April 13, 2021 3:41 PM

I wish the police would just leave black people alone.

by Anonymousreply 257April 13, 2021 3:54 PM

FootLocker gave 200 million and is looted again. Sheesh!

by Anonymousreply 258April 13, 2021 3:56 PM

[quote] Minneapolis has changed a LOT since the Mary Tyler Moore Show.

Today, she probably wouldn't make it after all.

by Anonymousreply 259April 13, 2021 4:25 PM

If only cops were like Regina King.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260April 13, 2021 5:56 PM

City Manager fired for thoughtcrime.

The now former city manager of Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, who was fired Monday after suggesting that an officer who shot and killed a young black man during a traffic stop deserves due process, says he was not calling for a drawn-out investigation before deciding whether or not to fire the officer, but simply for the city to “take enough time to consider the facts.”

Curt Boganey, who’s worked for the city of Brooklyn Center since 2003 – including 15 years as city manager – said the process of terminating an officer “fundamentally requires fairness.”

During an emergency meeting Monday, the Brooklyn Center City Council voted to remove Boganey from his job and turn authority over the police department to Mayor Mike Elliott.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261April 13, 2021 7:56 PM

Boganey will sue. And he'll win.

by Anonymousreply 262April 13, 2021 8:09 PM

[quote]in a brief telephone interview with National Review

National Review? Yeah, OK. There's a lot more to that story.

by Anonymousreply 263April 13, 2021 8:22 PM

A GoFundMe page set up by the family of Minnesota police shooting victim Daunte Wright has raised more than $400,000 in one day.

The Daunte Wright Sr. Memorial Fund, set up by Wright’s aunt, Kelly Bryant, seeks to raise funds to pay for the 20-year-old shooting victim’s funeral and burial expenses, and for “mental health and grief counseling” for his family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264April 13, 2021 9:17 PM

Why don't we just take all Cops off the Street for a month and see how great America can be again.......God Help us.

by Anonymousreply 265April 13, 2021 9:21 PM

R264, can’t BLM help the family out with the bur...oh, wait.

by Anonymousreply 266April 13, 2021 9:25 PM

I need a new house r266! Can't spend money on shit like this no more.

by Anonymousreply 267April 13, 2021 10:12 PM

George Floyd's girlfriend was Wright's former teacher??

by Anonymousreply 268April 13, 2021 11:44 PM

[quote] Roving gangs, and cabbies that make midtown Manhattan look like Disneyland.

Midtown Manhattan *is* Disneyland, you asshole.

by Anonymousreply 269April 14, 2021 12:47 AM

What happened to this kid is really sad, unlike with that Floyd guy.

by Anonymousreply 270April 14, 2021 2:54 AM

Per NYPOST:

So much for the poster(s) above claiming that the only open warrant against the late Mr. Wright was a misdemeanor marijuana issue, and screaming "RACIST" at anyone pointing out the actual facts--this from NYPost:

Daunte Wright had an open warrant related to an armed-robbery case against him when he was shot dead Sunday by a cop who claimed she thought she was firing her Taser, court records show.

Wright, 20, and another man had been charged with first-degree attempted aggravated robbery in December 2019 for allegedly trying to steal $820 from a woman at gunpoint, according to Hennepin County District Court documents.

The pair had crashed at the victim’s home in the city of Osseo after attending a party there –then demanded money the next morning while flashing a gun, authorities said in court papers.

“Give me the f–king money — I’m not playing around,” Wright told the woman, according to prosecutors.

The victim refused and began screaming for both men to leave, records show.

. . .

Wright was later arrested in the case and released on $100,000 bail. But he violated his bail conditions in July when he failed to stay in touch with his court monitor, the papers said.

According to the Daily Mail, he also was in possession of a gun at some point after his arrest for the robbery, which was also in violation of the condition of his bail release.

The case was still pending when police in Brooklyn Center pulled Wright over Sunday for having an expired registration on his car.

Police said the officers then determined Wright had an outstanding warrant related to his bail violations and sought to arrest him — but he broke away and got back in the car.

Veteran cop Kimberly Potter fired a single fatal shot at Wright — claiming she thought she was holding her Taser instead of her service weapon. She resigned from the force Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 271April 14, 2021 3:15 AM

Shitposting stories about criminals shooting cops makes it okay to shoot unarmed black people because....?

Jesus cop fetishists are weird.

by Anonymousreply 272April 14, 2021 3:18 AM

Over the years I recall several instances of an officer grabbing his firearm and shooting when he had meant to grab the taser. Maybe the answer is simply to use separate holsters, such as a shoulder holster for the taser instead of wearing it on the waistband with the sidearm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273April 14, 2021 3:22 AM

Or maybe the tasers can be painted pink with purple polka dots.

by Anonymousreply 274April 14, 2021 3:31 AM

His criminal record doesn't matter R271. George Floyd wasn't a model citizen either, by far.

A cop is not judge, jury and executioner. And a cop who mistakenly fires a gun instead of a taser doesn't belong on the job.

by Anonymousreply 275April 14, 2021 3:47 AM

The police in America are too strong. Nearly every person who visits America from overseas notices this right away. The anal, overbearing rigidity of the cops. They usually treat you like it's dialed up to a 10 escalated level. Not all cops, but many.

Comply or die just doesn't fly anymore. Cops need to learn when to relax, when to leave people alone, and stop making problems when there isn't one.

End police ticket quotas. That's part of the problem. When you look for trouble you will always find it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276April 14, 2021 5:15 AM

The cop who shot him is a moron and deserves to be charged.

However, with full his past record revealed, I now understand why they were interested in apprehending on the spot.

by Anonymousreply 277April 14, 2021 5:15 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278April 14, 2021 5:23 AM

Victim's mom is white.

by Anonymousreply 279April 14, 2021 6:03 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280April 14, 2021 6:56 AM

It was probably just fireworks, R280.

by Anonymousreply 281April 14, 2021 7:00 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282April 14, 2021 4:50 PM

Wonderful if they were all shipped back to Africa...

by Anonymousreply 283April 14, 2021 7:31 PM

MNDOT has a camera on the freeway a few blocks from the Brooklyn Canter area where the riots occurred the last few nights. It is again zoomed in and a crowd is already gathering for tonight's confrontation. 5:30 PM Minnesota time.

by Anonymousreply 284April 14, 2021 10:34 PM

Omg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285April 15, 2021 8:40 AM

I agree, R276. When friends visit me in NYC from Europe I tell them not to even look at cops. If you need directions or minor assistance, speak to a civilian.

The first time I was mugged, at gun point, the cop asked, why were you so out so late? I told her I have a right to go get a newspaper on a Sunday morning. They were both nasty black cunts. Another time my car was towed, illegally, and the city literally lost it. No record of it in the pound. I went to my precinct and the sergeant was an unhelpful black prick. Another sergeant got involved, he was a nasty white prick until he realized what had gone on and that I had been totally fucked over, monetarily and time-wise. He said: you wouldn't believe how many times this happens.

Like you said, not all are power-hungry assholes, but way too many are.

by Anonymousreply 286April 15, 2021 2:25 PM

R268 my experiences with cops, though limited, have been universally positive. Yours are not. Why do you think that is?

by Anonymousreply 287April 15, 2021 2:44 PM

[quote] I told her I have a right to go get a newspaper on a Sunday morning. They were both nasty black cunts. Another time my car was towed, illegally, and the city literally lost it. No record of it in the pound.

That’s cause you got a smart mouth.

by Anonymousreply 288April 15, 2021 3:56 PM

I've asked cops for directions on the street a number of times and they've always been pleasant to me.

by Anonymousreply 289April 15, 2021 5:42 PM

^^^Yet another black male has the right to stick a gun in someone's face.

by Anonymousreply 290April 15, 2021 8:50 PM

R287, obviously you have short-term memory and reading comprehension problems. Did you not comprehend my my last statement? My brother-in-law is NYPD, I've had some good experiences with cops, and I know they have to deal with a lot of bullshit, yet they are notoriously disrespectful and nasty when it is not called for.

R286 not R268

by Anonymousreply 291April 15, 2021 8:58 PM

R278 I realise Wrights supposed violent criminal actions cause immense cognitive dissonance and confusion for people who want everything to be binary, good and evil. But I have not heard a single mention of he armed assault on my MSNBC shows, nor a single politician mention it. It's a taboo piece of information - taboo because it will only inflame the rhetoric. THAT DOESN'T MEAN HE SHOULD BE KILLED. And of course it doesn't.

However why Michael Brown Jr., George Floyd, and Mr. Wright all have violent actions. Floyd, with the aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon. Taboo. Can not be mentioned because ..... see above.

by Anonymousreply 292April 15, 2021 9:00 PM

This has already been aired in the current main thread about this incident.

Contrary to woke posters there shrieking that the late Mr. White's open warrant(s)/criminal cases were irrelevant to the shooting incident, this open charge concerning a violent crime involving a firearm, is completely relevant.

Oh, but the late Mr. White's criminal record is completely relevant here, R275---that is, the items on it involving open charges of violence with a firearm.

That is because unlike the Chauvin/George Floyd case, before the Daunte White shooting occurred, the police ran him and learned he had an open violence charge involving a firearm. This awarness coupled with the fact that he then proceeded not only to resist arrest but break away and get into his car against police orders, is credible as creating a heightened atmosphere of heightened tension and danger experienced by the cops.

The kind of atmosphere in which an officer might draw and use their firearm when intending a taser. It's very sad, but it's not murder or even criminal. The cop's state of mind will be in issue in this manslaughter charge. The cop's awareness of the open gun-violence case before Mr. White broke away and got into the vehicle, is relevant to state of mind.

The individuals screaming and yelling that this was "murder," or that the cop "chose to kill" or "decided to kill" are dishonest, self-serving, and reprehensible.

Conflating this with the George Floyd/Chauvin incident is misplaced. There is no indication Chauvin knew of George Floyd's violent record before taking the actions he took at the scene. Had he known, this evidence would have been admissible as going to his state of mind. Not saying he would have won on that argument, but it would have been relevant evidence to state of mind.

by Anonymousreply 293April 15, 2021 9:37 PM

Where is the main thread.

by Anonymousreply 294April 15, 2021 9:45 PM

R294, sorry, this IS the main thread. There's an offshoot elsewhere, and I conflated where I was.---R293

by Anonymousreply 295April 15, 2021 9:50 PM

R291 is triggered

by Anonymousreply 296April 15, 2021 10:28 PM

Daunte Wright would be alive today if…

He hadn’t choked a woman and threatened to shoot her if she did not hand over $820 she had stuffed in her bra.

He didn’t break parole by possessing a firearm.

He didn’t have expired license plate tags.

He didn’t break away from the officer attempting to handcuff him for the outstanding warrant.

It was a horrible accident and the officer has been appropriately charged, but Wright is no martyr as some are saying.

by Anonymousreply 297April 16, 2021 4:06 AM

well of course I don't approve but who the hell put $820 cash in their bra?

who even has cash any more? drug dealers?

by Anonymousreply 298April 16, 2021 4:10 AM

Pusherman doesn't take Mastercard

by Anonymousreply 299April 16, 2021 4:12 AM

Dante and a friend stayed overnight at the apartment of two female friends. One of the women went out to get cash to pay her share of the rent. When she returned with the money to give to her roommate, Dante pulled a gun on her that he had tucked into a waistband and threatened to kill her if she didn't give him the money. She handed it over, but he still beat the shit out of her. He was 18 or 19 at the time.

by Anonymousreply 300April 16, 2021 4:22 AM

You copsuckers are a full day behind. Excuses for killing Daunte Wright was Monday/Wednesday.

Time to get on those Adam Toledo Murder Defense talking points! Chop chop!

C'mon! All the trolls have so far is "well it was dark and he shouldn't have run".

Extra vodka and pickle rations if you work the weekend!

by Anonymousreply 301April 16, 2021 4:37 AM

r300 Usual trash

by Anonymousreply 302April 16, 2021 5:00 AM

Calm down r301, you hysterical twat

Those black boys were no angels

by Anonymousreply 303April 16, 2021 5:37 AM

I'm convinced the mothers of these kids only have them so they can get more government money and benefits. They go from one man to the next, having a kid with each of them, and have no real interest in being a parent. They sit on their asses getting high and what have you, the only concern is their latest man, and the kids all suffer from neglect. It's a horrible vicious cycle and there's no real solution that anyone's put forth to try and curb this destructive, negligent behavior.

The two girls who killed the Uber driver, the 13 year-old kid who was just shot because he was carrying a gun and wanted to join a gang, it just goes on and on and on. There's a real sickness in our society.

by Anonymousreply 304April 16, 2021 5:45 AM

[quote] I'm convinced the mothers of these kids only have them so they can get more government money and benefits

Not universally true but often so. And who can blame them. The whole force of the Great Society and its successor programs pushes them in that direction. Now in its fourth and fifth generations of rewarding subsidized fatherless black families.

by Anonymousreply 305April 16, 2021 6:00 AM

Yet the far-left wokesters nailed Clinton to the cross in 2016 because Bill went along with a milquetoast, middle-of-the-road program to lesson those incentives.

by Anonymousreply 306April 16, 2021 11:52 AM

The Chicago teen is hispanic. It's been said eleventyzillion times.

by Anonymousreply 307April 16, 2021 1:35 PM

One BIPOC is like any other

No one can tell them apart

by Anonymousreply 308April 16, 2021 4:07 PM

[quote]They go from one man to the next, having a kid with each of them, and have no real interest in being a parent. They sit on their asses getting high and what have you, the only concern is their latest man, and the kids all suffer from neglect

And they drive CADILLACS!

by Anonymousreply 309April 16, 2021 7:22 PM

[quote] middle-of-the-road program to lesson those incentives.

Well, I hope he taught them something.

by Anonymousreply 310April 16, 2021 9:45 PM

r309 you're an idiot. This is a very real problem in American society.

by Anonymousreply 311April 16, 2021 9:48 PM

I am not an idiot. The President of the United States said people on welfare drive CADILLACS. Is it the case I should not believe him, but I should believe you? I mean, when there are broad aspersions being cast about willy-nilly.

by Anonymousreply 312April 16, 2021 10:17 PM

r312 you obviously don't live in the real world. What I stated is something many social workers will tell you. Woke liberals have no problem believing things about people who are white trash, just because other people are non-white doesn't mean they can't be disgusting, morally bankrupt people.

by Anonymousreply 313April 16, 2021 11:18 PM

The racists whites who set up their slavery game obviously were not supreme enough, nor care, to think of the consequences of their actions upon future generations.

by Anonymousreply 314April 17, 2021 1:55 AM

Dante was no model citizen, but he wasn't half as bad as that Floyd character that everyone is making a big deal of.

by Anonymousreply 315April 17, 2021 5:06 AM

[quote]I'm convinced the mothers of these kids only have them so they can get more government money and benefits.

What specific government money and benefits do you believe flow to people with the addition of each new child? Like, how much per child? Maybe you can ask your social-worker friends and share with us.

by Anonymousreply 316April 18, 2021 8:44 PM

r316 is just shitposting.

by Anonymousreply 317April 18, 2021 8:51 PM

I have found that people who claim "they just have kids to get money" can never quantify what it is people "get."

by Anonymousreply 318April 18, 2021 8:55 PM

Then why don't you investigate r318? We'll wait.

by Anonymousreply 319April 18, 2021 9:03 PM

You are the one who became convinced that the mothers of these kids only have them so they can get more government money and benefits. You can't actually back your position up with any facts. It's O.K. Everyone knows what you are.

by Anonymousreply 320April 18, 2021 9:38 PM

r320 can you prove that they DONT?

by Anonymousreply 321April 18, 2021 9:40 PM

So folks have another opportunity to loot stores. Isn't that what it's all about?

This whole race-conscious thing has gotten out of hand.

Try being a normal human being and act like a citizen of your community and country.

by Anonymousreply 322April 19, 2021 4:28 AM

But looting is reparations!

by Anonymousreply 323April 19, 2021 4:42 AM

R315- Floyd is a VERY talented porno actor. He’s no bad at all.

I’ve seen his XXX video on xvideos.

by Anonymousreply 324April 19, 2021 1:11 PM

Lots of gross race-baiting comments in the last 24 hours. How boring. Don't you trolls have anything better to do then run down your usual, ancient list of demands about how black people should live their fuckin lives?

White gays be like "Um black people need to do all of the following things....and *flips through pages* should also stop doing all of the following things! It's just that simple!"

by Anonymousreply 325April 19, 2021 5:17 PM

[quote] but who the hell put $820 cash in their bra?

Low income black people. They don’t trust banks. Often, there are no banks in their neighborhoods. They don’t know how to open a bank account because they don’t know anyone who has one. I learned this when I worked in an urban ER. Even black people who worked at the hospital wouldn’t use automatic deposit for their paycheck. “Un uh. I’m keeping my money & counting it out myself.” That’s why so many cash checking places exist.

by Anonymousreply 326April 20, 2021 12:22 AM

[quote] They don’t know how to open a bank account because they don’t know anyone who has one.

In the 21st Century. Fucking hell.

This culture is so foreign to so many of us.

by Anonymousreply 327April 20, 2021 12:24 AM

This thread reads like a greatest racist talking points of the 80s record. I bet you assholes really miss Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 328April 20, 2021 12:27 AM

r328 is pissed because this thread is full of truths he doesn't want to hear.

by Anonymousreply 329April 20, 2021 12:30 AM

[quote] In the 21st Century. Fucking hell.

No banks in the ghetto, girl, even in the 21st century.

by Anonymousreply 330April 20, 2021 12:37 AM

Who the hell goes to a physical bank in the 21st Century? Everything is all online. And don't tell me there are no smartphones in the ghetto lol!

by Anonymousreply 331April 20, 2021 12:41 AM

ALBUQUERQUE, NM – More than a dozen officers resigned from the city’s Emergency Response Team (ERT) after an officer was disciplined for detaining an armed man who was taunting protesters.

The resignations included seventeen specially trained officers, two sergeants, and a lieutenant.

Shaun Willoughby, President of the Albuquerque Police Officers’ Association said:

“They don’t feel supported here, and they don’t feel trust. They feel second-guessed, and they don’t feel that they can do their job, no matter how perfect they do their job, without getting in trouble.”

The mass resignations came following a counterprotest to a Proud Boys rally that was scheduled but never occurred at Civic Plaza over the weekend.

Police said Deyontae Williams came to the counterprotest armed with a rifle and was taunting demonstrators. Albuquerque police officers from the ERT detained the man and removed him from the location.

Williams had attended the protest with his family and claimed not to be a member of the Proud Boys. Police said that armed with the rifle, Williams got into a tense standoff with counterprotesters, and officers stepped in, escorting Williams into the convention center.

APD spokesperson Gilbert Gallegos said a child with Williams raised concerns:

“There was a lot of concern throughout because this gentleman did have a child with him.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332April 20, 2021 1:22 AM

[quote]They don’t trust banks.

Oh, tell us more.

by Anonymousreply 333April 20, 2021 1:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!