Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pretty Gay K-pop Music Video

This is supposed to be a gay-theme music video—basically they’re cruising each other, right?

There are subtitles. They mention a girl. I’m confused.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446August 18, 2022 6:26 AM

[quote] Pretty Gay K-pop Music Video

What's pretty gay? It sounds like you are perpetuating a stereotype. Or are you going to make inflammatory remarks about Koreans?

by Anonymousreply 1April 12, 2021 2:44 AM

It seems like they’re hot for each other. That one guy is a pretty good rapper.

by Anonymousreply 2April 12, 2021 2:47 AM

No snark intended, seriously, but could you find your son in that group shot? They look like octuplets (or however many there are).

by Anonymousreply 3April 12, 2021 2:51 AM

It’s a love song and they keep exchanging longing glances with each other. It’s gay as hell.

by Anonymousreply 4April 12, 2021 2:52 AM

Plastic surgeried ladybois doing group aerobics to forgettable pop ditties. Every song.

by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2021 2:57 AM

r4 either you're young and ignorant or old and desperate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2021 2:59 AM

Anyone older than 14 or so can see they’re cruising each other. Except for the two guys with the drone, who seem to be stalking that third guy.

It’s not bad.

by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2021 3:03 AM

Ha OP you called that gay?! You haven’t seen nothing yet….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2021 3:08 AM

R8, you’re right. But those guys seem older and more mature.

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2021 3:12 AM

Cute. It was so much fun to be young and pretty and cruising for sex and love.

by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2021 3:16 AM

0:40 is how I realized I’m gay: I was at my friend’s place and this other friend of his from church came and I just froze, stunned, when he walked through the door. I couldn’t get over his beauty.

That was a rough weekend. Lots of panic and angst. All kept inside.

by Anonymousreply 11April 12, 2021 3:51 AM

They dance very well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 12, 2021 5:02 AM

It's kpop. The straight fangirls like the implied homosexuality (provided it's not real homosexuality).

by Anonymousreply 13April 12, 2021 5:08 AM

yes they really don't want to think about fudge packing.

by Anonymousreply 14April 12, 2021 6:13 AM

Has Exo ever released something that gay, to tease female fans?

by Anonymousreply 15April 12, 2021 1:52 PM

The younger groups, K-pop 4th generation groups, are the most gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 12, 2021 4:08 PM

They all get radical beautifying plastic surgery. Do they transform their junk, too?

by Anonymousreply 17April 12, 2021 4:35 PM

R17, unless they're extraordinarily talented (which is rare), they're chosen for their looks, so usually there's been no surgery. Styling (hair, brows), and makeup are really important, too.

It's a thing for companies to release their childhood photos from babyhood on including yearbook photos, either directly or through fan clubs, so they prove they've had no surgery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 12, 2021 4:42 PM

DLers, as gay as they are, aren't usually familiar with the power of makeup and styling to transform a face.

Even the eldergays here would get a lot more sex if they bothered to learn how to style themselves and skillfully use makeup, or pay professionals to do their hair and makeup.

by Anonymousreply 19April 12, 2021 4:46 PM

If you say so buddy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 12, 2021 4:53 PM

This is about the quarantine. "We Lost the Summer" from TXT, the second group from BTS's company, Hybe.

It's helped many Gen-Z girls cope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 12, 2021 6:57 PM

Very impressive dancing at R12 -- but amazing how Westernized the rest of the world has become. Miss Universe was fun for its diverse beauty but now they all look like Cher whether from India or Botwana or Spain.

by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2021 7:29 PM

R22, the culture is very different. The music and costumes might sound and look Western (usually—see link for a not atypical counterexample), but the guys are very East Asian in values (e.g., extreme personal sacrifice for their "teams" (groups), younger members' generally unquestioning obedience to older members), and behavior (e.g., polished politeness at all times, strong same-sex affection). That's something that makes the genre interesting.

Also there's much greater tolerance for "flower boy" beauty (the video is also pretty typical of that). The term came from Korea originally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 12, 2021 8:05 PM

The shoot videos with robot arms handling the cameras. Why doesn’t that surprise me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 12, 2021 9:29 PM

New TinyTan out today!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 13, 2021 3:06 PM

R10, you got to experience that? Lucky bastard.

by Anonymousreply 26April 13, 2021 3:15 PM

I doubt if they do their own singing. It's the look and the dancing that are important.

by Anonymousreply 27April 14, 2021 12:42 AM

Somewhere, a middle-aged Gackt sits back in his office chair, clicks a pen, and laughs derisively.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 14, 2021 12:53 AM

One of the ‘boyz’ (I don’t their names and can’t tell most of them apart) looks quite a lot like Ruito Aoyagi. Which is weird, cuz i didn’t think Rui had any Korean in him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 14, 2021 1:00 AM

Jacob, R29.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 14, 2021 2:59 AM

Jacob Bae

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 14, 2021 3:11 AM

Jacob is hot

by Anonymousreply 32April 14, 2021 3:53 AM

When I see threads like this I wonder how many DLers are required by law to register with local law enforcement...Drooling over guys who look like junior high school boys is kinda sick...

by Anonymousreply 33April 14, 2021 4:08 AM

Some fans joke that Jacob has a sweet boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 14, 2021 4:09 AM

The most famous 4th generation ‘ship. Stray Kids members.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 14, 2021 4:20 AM

The Boyz are on a guy group competition show show that started two weeks ago. There are subs and it's pretty good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 14, 2021 7:35 PM

Great. Now I’m sad thinking about SHINee again. Thanks a fucking bunch, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 14, 2021 11:53 PM

R37 let this heal you. Soobin heals everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 15, 2021 1:07 AM

Here’s some G Dragon and T.O.P homoerotically fighting over a girl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 15, 2021 2:52 AM

From Stray Kids just now. Amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 15, 2021 1:42 PM

R35.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 15, 2021 2:17 PM

This guy is like 40 years old and very handsome. No sex crimes here!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 15, 2021 2:42 PM

What's the name of that really unattractive non-Korean chick with the tattoos and butch hair? The one who once was a member of a group and whose interviews are all about how the music sucks and the industry is evil?

by Anonymousreply 43April 15, 2021 3:37 PM

Amber? She’s non Korean and butch she was in F(x). She’s the butchest person who was ever in Kpop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 15, 2021 10:17 PM

R37, watch this at 9:25. It's recent. Sweet and sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 15, 2021 10:56 PM

Episode 3 with subtitles. It's great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 16, 2021 2:08 PM

R44, yes, that's her. I can't look at her. So odd. She's worth $8 million though.

by Anonymousreply 47April 16, 2021 2:28 PM

thug pop sounds a lot like Korean to me.............

by Anonymousreply 48April 16, 2021 2:31 PM

The couples at R34 and R35 are insanely cute.

by Anonymousreply 49April 16, 2021 2:35 PM

R47 who doesn’t like Amber Liu? I really don’t get that. She’s one of the only unique and interesting and self-possessed people to come out of the K-Pop scene. The rest all look and act like clones, but there’s no-one else even a little bit like Amber. Probably helps that she’s Taiwanese raised in America, but let’s not talk about that...

For that matter, f(x) as a whole were essentially the 5% worthwhile quotient in a scene otherwise mostly filled with forgettable robotic unartistic dreck. On a day I’m feeling generous and upbeat, I might also add Hyuna, G-DRAGON, SHINee (already mentioned upthread), and the short-lived AFTERSCHOOL to that list. Apart from that, it’s been predictably terrible music.

If you haven’t had exposure to K-pop yet but want to get into Asian contemporary music, spare yourself and listen to 90s-2000s J-pop/rock, Taiwanese fusion, or even Chinese neoclassical instead.

by Anonymousreply 50April 16, 2021 3:23 PM

[quote] [R47] who doesn’t like Amber Liu? I really don’t get that.

R50, I like the machine and its vapid, inauthentic, or whatever-perjoritives-you-want-to-call-it output, and I really don't like Amber's constant harping about the industry. She's free to do it, but I'm just answering the question I'm inferring from the quote above (not just "Who doesn't like her" but in turn, impliedly given "I really don't get that", "Why?").

If she wants to be a "real" artist—gritty, authentic, etc., so be it, but I think she should take her millions, stay in LA (where she is now), and do her own thing there without riding on the "I was in K-pop and I know all about it, Westerners, and it's terrible - here's the dish" train (e.g., her extensive interviews in the new YouTube Original documentary seres on K-pop). It's her life, and she's free to do what she wants, but it's so Uncle Tom-esque: It's like that fat chick goth Asian vlogger Sherliza who searches for offensive stuff on Asian TV to run to YouTube and post it and feverishly tell Westerners how terrible Asia is, make them gasp, and get attention and money that way. She also does Amber's K-pop spiel but has no background in the industry, unlike Amber. It's like, with the latter fat chick, just shut the fuck up and stop running to foreigners to rag on something you have no relation to.

That's just my take. No anger towards you or anything.

by Anonymousreply 51April 16, 2021 3:34 PM

One of Amber’s dearest closest friends and bandmates, essentially a little sister to her, committed suicide young due to industry pressure and bullying.

If my little sister or my best friend took her life over something like that, I’d want the world to know and be warned, too.

by Anonymousreply 52April 16, 2021 4:08 PM

I like K-pop because it's a perfect combination of:

- synthesized/cultivated very cute idols with nicely crafted outward personas (polite, humble, cheerful) who work hard and sacrifice for their groups ("teams") and show obedience to their elders in the group and their companies

- extremely catchy music, colorful concepts for each new album ("comeback"), meticulous styling, and insanely well-crafted music videos

- very engaging media ecosphere (livestreams, music shows with voting on apps, variety shows, reality shows, survival shows, awards shows, the Idol Star Athletics Championships, dramas casting idols, fan-meets, concerts, merchandise including light-sticks, fan cafe message-boards with unique access to the idols, direct daily YouTube content, 3rd party YouTube content (e.g., fan-cams, airport arrivals, formal greetings outside the TV studios before the music shows, etc.)

- the symbiotic relationship of fans to the idols, where the latter knows that he/she must meet fans' expectations for quality output, politeness and outward humility, professionalism, appearance, and decorum in exchange for their celebrity status and wealth

- the intimacy fans have with the companies that produce the idols and their groups; it's like being a fan of Tesla, and reading up on their new production models, concept models, launches, branding, etc.

It's all such a refined, ever-improving machine—and fans are aware that it's a machine, and that doesn't make its output, the product of sacrifice and lots of hard work, less fun/loved.

Scandals, suicides and the like are byproducts of the machine's output, and all the machine is iterating and focusing increasingly on looking after idols' well-being, with companies trying different things to make idols healthier and happier (e.g., JYP having psychologists on staff and serving healthy, organic food with an on-staff nutritionist and chef; letting idols take time off when they need to, as at an increasingly number of companies like Pledis, etc.).

The people who dismiss it, and say it's inauthentic, and say, e.g., "Japanese punk rock from 1982 is REAL music" don't get this "meta" perspective: we know what it is, and how it's made, and we're fine with it, because it's engaging and it makes us happy.

Being like Patsy and Edina/ a, sneering "In my day, we had real music: the Stones, baby — it was real and gritty: you'd wake up in a pool of your own sick dusted with heroin with Mick passed out on top of you" is tired and leaves one blind to the charms and distractions of the K-pop industry and its output.

It's like someone dismissing today's high-tech, refined luxury electric vehicles and saying "those aren't cars: you want a real car? Think the 1970 Camero, or the 1967 Mustang — those are REAL cars." It's just kind of needlessly closed-off and dismissive of the new music for what it is. It's not trying to produce classics: it's creating catchy songs that just get you through the week/month, with new stuff coming all the time. It's not haute cuisine from a tucked-away bistro in an otherwise obscure alley in Paris: it's more like ... Sweetgreen.

Disney movies are DIsney movies: we know what they are, we know they aren't high art, we know they're contrived and full of lies in their way, but they make some of us feel good when we watch them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 16, 2021 4:12 PM

Or jazz. People say the same thing about jazz being "real" when they dismiss pop music. We get it: drama, race struggled and angst, addiction, Oscar-winning biopics. It's all serious and real and authentic. We just prefer other stuff.

by Anonymousreply 54April 16, 2021 4:22 PM

I like groups' goofy-cheap holiday videos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 16, 2021 4:29 PM

[quote] Disney movies are DIsney movies: we know what they are, we know they aren't high art, we know they're contrived and full of lies in their way, but they make some of us feel good when we watch them.

Unflattering comparison. Disney movies may be enjoyable and wholesome to some, but their films propagate many dangerous and unhealthy societal messages and insidious conditioning to young children. They also co-opt folklore and art and literature without compensating original artists, then using their own employees turn it into unpalatable claptrap that glosses over anything of real value. Then there’s the way their tonnes of plastic merchandise pollute the planet, the way their parks and resorts occupy and damage residential and green land, the way their industry eats into local tourism and takes profits away from smaller creators....

by Anonymousreply 56April 16, 2021 4:37 PM

R56, I kind of (badly) included that with "we know what they are, we know they aren't high art, we know they're contrived and full of lies in their way". And of course images in K-pop make some kids feel bad about their appearances, and some or even much of it is culturally insensitive, sexist, etc. Most any popular media can be deconstructed and shown how from many angles it's harmful, exploitative, culturally problematic, etc.

We all know about the horrors of stuff like Disney, but I was trying to be honest. They're similar in some ways, and a lot of what they are isn't good. Pollution is the same in K-pop: tons of plastic merchandise and huge carbon footprints getting albums and goods shipped around the world. Lots of wasted one-time-use costumes, etc. Not so much the tourism/land use stuff, however. I personally don't like that they abuse octopuses during the "What's in the box?! OMG today it's an octopus - so gross and squishy!" games, or that they eat so much goddamn meat when it's "Yay! We're having a party with yummy food!" time in videos.

There's a lot that someone might not like. I'll make another unflattering but somewhat resonant comparison: it's like Amazon. Tons of problems that matter more to some than others, but for some it's what we like.

Again the meta point is that we "know"—we see the angles, too, and Western media with its angst and postmodern analyses make sure we do—but ultimately on balance we consume and enjoy, because it gets us through the day and makes us smile during our otherwise short, miserable lives.

And some of aren't just aren't smart or refined enough to find transcendent joy in classical music, 1920s jazz or "authentic" punk rock from, e.g., 1973 Berlin in 1973 or "authentic" pan-African hiphop 1999 Mali.

by Anonymousreply 57April 16, 2021 4:53 PM

Lots of typos in the last sentence in particular. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 58April 16, 2021 4:54 PM

[quote] And some of aren't just aren't smart or refined enough to find transcendent joy in classical music, 1920s jazz or "authentic" punk rock from, e.g., 1973 Berlin in 1973 or "authentic" pan-African hiphop 1999 Mali.

Well, it’s a pity someone made you believe you have to be ‘smart’ and ‘refined’ to enjoy non-mainstream music & art. That’s pretty low on their part, and smacks of gatekeeping.

With more obscure cultural forms, it’s just about exposure to it and partaking of it with an open mind. Fine if you don’t like it, or it leaves you cold; not so fine if you just never try it, because you think you’re too dumb or trashy or you’re somehow culturally disallowed.

by Anonymousreply 59April 16, 2021 6:58 PM

^^^to use myself as a personal example: I’m a university dropout from a low-income hillbilly family, and I like to watch or listen to an opera every now and then. I can’t understand the lyrics unless they’re in English, I can’t claim to ‘get’ the music (I play a little folk, but I’m no great shakes a player, and can’t sight read either), and I lack the enormous breadth of historical and literary knowledge to grasp all the arty contextual references. I don’t claim to be a connoisseur and I can’t have a lengthy deep discussion about it (well, not yet), but I know a little about the form and what to expect, which is enough to basically take in a show and find something interesting or enjoyable (even if it’s just one particular aria or set or costume).

As for non-theatrical music, I will throw on some jazz or some baroque or some experimental art/prog rock every now and again, really for variety and my curiosity more than anything else. I keep my mind open, but I also don’t force myself to listen for long if it doesn’t catch my ear or my mind or my heart.

My grandmother is the type to force-feed herself classical music and the Paris Review, because she wants to tell and show people she’s intellectually cultured. I don’t play that.

You do you. I was just wondering how fans of genre like K-pop square away the ethical stormcloud surrounding the industry (and it was a comprehensive answer, so thanks). Guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.

by Anonymousreply 60April 16, 2021 7:05 PM

I like Amber a lot too and was a fan of her group. I could never get into most k pop but I still listen to some of it. I like CL solo and wish she’d do more.

by Anonymousreply 61April 16, 2021 10:54 PM

A fun recent awards show stage from TBZ. Very high budget.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 17, 2021 2:16 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 17, 2021 2:24 AM

I think CL is in the process of revamping her next solo album. I think she got some chances to work with different producers based on a few singles she had released so she pulled back its release.

by Anonymousreply 64April 17, 2021 10:35 AM

CL is with Hybe now, so I bet she has many collaboration opportunities.

by Anonymousreply 65April 17, 2021 5:01 PM

Any Stray Kids fans? They're about the biggest fourth-generation male group out there. I like that many of them are short (like me), and their visual, Lee Know, seems very sweet — he lives in a humble home near one of Seoul's airports, his family deals in furniture, he adopted three cats (he cleaned up after them, including their litter boxes), and he visits his grandma on those rare vacation days.

He has a sweet relationship with Han, also in the group. (R35)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 19, 2021 2:21 PM

KPop is so hit or miss for me. I really liked Rain’s latest release “Magnetic” but hated everything else he has done.

by Anonymousreply 67April 19, 2021 2:53 PM

Jessi is pretty fun, and seems like a good person in real life. I just wish she wouldn't seemingly glorify some kinds of not-so-good things (vulgar language, overt money-hungriness, and like that American "girl power by showing your ass" thing).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 19, 2021 3:04 PM

Jessi is outrageous. I think it's because she's from NY/NJ and doesn't give a fuck. Jesus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 19, 2021 4:04 PM

R29 cute Jacob.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 20, 2021 1:53 PM

YG has a new group that's 1/3 Japanese and extremely popular in Japan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 20, 2021 2:34 PM

Amazing performance from self-producing top group Stray Kids from episode 3 of Kingdom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 27, 2021 4:10 AM

BTS and LV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 27, 2021 4:47 AM

I love how wholesome it can be. Cheerful, fun, and a reprieve from the miserable current state of things.

And there melody and key definitely sounds distinctly East Asian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74April 28, 2021 2:21 AM

*the melody

by Anonymousreply 75April 28, 2021 2:38 AM

Hyunjin from Stray Kids is beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 30, 2021 11:30 PM

Stray Kids. They’re in their 20s. Very sweet conversation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77May 6, 2021 11:59 PM

I prefer Chinese pop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 20, 2021 1:51 AM

Rain dancing to “Go Crazy” by Chris Brown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 20, 2021 2:22 AM

Chinese pop lacks the immersive setup, as well as the same-sex affection and Confucian courtliness/politeness exhibited in K-pop.

by Anonymousreply 80May 20, 2021 2:25 AM

Those kids were good at r78. I’m not at all familiar with any CPop.

by Anonymousreply 81May 20, 2021 2:35 AM

R53, do you even realize you basically just wrote a cult manifesto? You really sound like a cult member.

Kpop is nothing more than the ultimate marketing machine and I find it so hard to believe that so many people willingly jump down the Kpop hole.

by Anonymousreply 82May 20, 2021 4:03 AM

R82, I thought my explanation was pretty down-to-earth and straightforward.

Have you even listened? It’s catchy. It makes cleaning one’s home, driving, laundry, and the like go faster.

There’s no special esoteric knowledge largely inaccessible to the “non-chosen”. That’s a cult. This is just catchy music and engaging media offerings accessible to anyone and essentially free, if you just want to listen and watch videos.

by Anonymousreply 83May 20, 2021 4:23 AM

S. Korea and Taiwan preserve the mannered and courtly threads of Confucianism long ago overrun in Japan by militarism, and somewhat lost in China to Marxism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 20, 2021 4:30 AM

Some fun girls watching r84.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 20, 2021 4:33 AM

SKZ sleeping at 10:00. 🥺🥰

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 20, 2021 5:07 AM

I find Chinese male celebrities to be more attractive. They look more natural and are more masculine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 20, 2021 5:37 AM

There’s concern in China about K-pop being a threat to traditional masculinity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 20, 2021 5:51 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89May 20, 2021 5:51 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 20, 2021 5:52 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91May 20, 2021 2:46 PM

They will fail. Nobody can stop the influence of pop music.

by Anonymousreply 92May 20, 2021 3:50 PM

That’s cute r85.

by Anonymousreply 93May 20, 2021 3:52 PM

Can anyone tell those lab created robots apart. It is like ken dolls with no testicles came to life.

by Anonymousreply 94May 20, 2021 4:08 PM

Kingdom episode 8 just out an hour ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95May 20, 2021 5:32 PM

Just out. I like BTS, but this isn’t doing it for me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96May 21, 2021 4:21 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 22, 2021 4:41 AM

Editor's Note: Rani Neutill is a professor of creative writing and Asian American literature at Emerson College and Harvard University.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98May 22, 2021 4:11 PM

R98 take your fangurling about those ladyboys somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 99May 22, 2021 4:24 PM

Wang Yibo, who is a Chinese actor, also sings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 22, 2021 5:02 PM

Many Chinese entertainers sing, R100.

by Anonymousreply 101May 22, 2021 5:14 PM

R100, that’s some sloppy dancing. The stage is a mess.

K-pop is a package: singing is maybe 20% of it. China’s entertainment companies, like Japan’s, still lack most of the remaining 80%.

by Anonymousreply 102May 22, 2021 5:17 PM

Lay Zhang, who is a Chinese rapper, has worked with Alan Walker, who is an English-Norwegian record producer and DJ. Alan Walker wrote the song, 'Faded', as sang by the singers in R78.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 22, 2021 5:26 PM

R99 is just old.

I bet he has forehead lines.

by Anonymousreply 104May 22, 2021 5:26 PM

R104. I am not old dumbass and not everyone who is not a fan of cheap manufactured foreign pop is old.

by Anonymousreply 105May 22, 2021 6:31 PM

Anyone who automatically labels put-together Asian guys “ladyboys” is old.

Your forehead lines say everything: ragged, grizzled, tired. And a flyover.

by Anonymousreply 106May 22, 2021 8:58 PM

R106 is for R105.

by Anonymousreply 107May 22, 2021 8:58 PM

Biden is so endearing. I like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108May 24, 2021 2:50 AM

I am rooting for GOT7 and hope they can continue with the band after leaving the odious JYP.

by Anonymousreply 109May 24, 2021 10:20 AM

I’ve been including this in my makeout etc. playlist lately.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110June 2, 2021 6:02 AM

Of this is the actual MV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 2, 2021 6:05 AM

No one wants to talk about Jackson Wang? I don’t think he’s been mentioned once on this thread. I think he has the potential to really crack the American market as a soloist. He is relentless. I know he’s not Korean but he was/is a KPop artist.

by Anonymousreply 112June 2, 2021 10:30 AM

Are there asians now posting on DL. I miss the days you will never see threads like this on this site.

by Anonymousreply 113June 2, 2021 10:36 AM

R113 is an eldergay flyover.

Eldergay flyovers, most English-speaking K-pop listeners aren't Asian.

by Anonymousreply 114June 2, 2021 1:40 PM

R112, I'm more into 4th-gen groups, plus Exo and BTS.

by Anonymousreply 115June 2, 2021 1:43 PM

What generation are BTS?

by Anonymousreply 116June 2, 2021 2:17 PM

3rd, R116. TXT, also from Hybe, are 4th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 2, 2021 2:20 PM

R114 I am a young person but I don't understand the fascination with less masculine looking male. It must be a fetish because they all look trans.

by Anonymousreply 118June 2, 2021 2:21 PM

You're hilarious R19!

More please!

by Anonymousreply 119June 2, 2021 2:22 PM

It’s just the styling for pop groups in Korea. Oddly you get used to it even if it looks so over the top at first.. It’s really for when they are dressed up for stage.

by Anonymousreply 120June 2, 2021 2:24 PM

R118, are you a flyover?

They're just stage looks for "comeback" concepts. "Comeback" in K-pop means a new release of a song, album, etc. They happen every 4 months or so. The looks change every time, and they don't look like that offstage. They're not styled like that in everyday life. That should be obvious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121June 2, 2021 2:30 PM

This guy is gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122June 2, 2021 2:33 PM

I like how they take every existing pop musical genre or subgenre (e.g., Latin house, dubstep, etc.) and emerging look in makeup, hair, costume, and video production style, polish and combine them in interesting ways to make up "concepts", and then deploy them, commodified and packaged, in mere month-long promotions for new track/album releases. It puts cultural trends in their place, as just ephemeral novelties, rather than how the West elevates silly things like a hairstyle, dress, or particular pop culture era into stuff worthy of an biopic, etc.

And I love how foreigners freak out when they engage in cultural appropriation. They don't care about that stuff, unless it affects sales, in which case they make an apology and the controversy evaporates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123June 2, 2021 2:40 PM

*a biopic

by Anonymousreply 124June 2, 2021 2:42 PM

The entire K-pop band should take a very close look at Michael Jackson's face as an example of what happens when excessive extreme plastic surgery is performed and then has to be maintained. Particularly the nose area.

by Anonymousreply 125June 2, 2021 2:44 PM

Concepts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 2, 2021 2:45 PM

Most of the music in Kpop is atrocious. If I wanted to see hot guys I could look up Instamodels or watch porn. I'd rather not inflict myself with overproduced and disposable music that makes my ears bleed. A lot of Kpop fans get so violently angry when others don't care about Kpop. I love anime, Hong Kong action films and studying East Asian culture and history. But Kpop just sounds like a cheap knock-off of American pop to me and the whole Idol culture is beyond creepy and exploitative. I prefer Korean rock music and hip-hop. And at least Japanese popular music is distinctive and I love the use of jazz, funk and traditional string instruments in a lot of their compositions.

by Anonymousreply 127June 2, 2021 3:00 PM

Korea is creating groups for Japan now. So far they're huge hits. They're going to assimilate their pop music industry like the Borg. Japanese idols will actually be polished when they debut in Japan, cf. the old trend in Japan of "just swing it and get better over time", and they'll actually be able to dance now. I'm looking forward to Hybe's Japanese boy group.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128June 2, 2021 3:04 PM

R125, they have best plastic surgeons on the planet. And you might be coming from the premise that like they're supposed to have 30-year careers like top pop stars in the West. That's not how it works over there. Each generation has about 10 years max.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129June 2, 2021 3:09 PM

Particularly the nose area.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130June 2, 2021 4:18 PM

[quote] They're going to assimilate their pop music industry like the Borg

I completely agree. What I’m hoping is that as a result KPop music will get better. There is truth to so much of it being terrible and a level beyond disposable. They need to raise their standards now that it’s truly worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 131June 2, 2021 4:30 PM

I want to plug Blackpink’s Lisa’s video The Movie. The choreography is so good and it’s done to Destiny Roger’s “Tomboy” which is a really good song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132June 4, 2021 10:27 AM

Very cute from TXT just out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133June 12, 2021 8:21 PM

The other latest single from TXT. It’s lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134June 12, 2021 8:26 PM

More TXT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135June 12, 2021 8:35 PM

They have smooth underarms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136June 12, 2021 8:46 PM

That sexy rapper guy with the deep voice from Monsta X is gay right?

by Anonymousreply 137June 13, 2021 11:28 PM

R137 you talking about Joohoney/Jooheon? He sets my gaydar off. He and Jackson Wang together is a gayfest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138June 19, 2021 2:01 PM

I meant IM. I didn’t know his name at first. He has a verrrrry sexy voice and I am 99% convinced he’s gay.

by Anonymousreply 139June 20, 2021 12:19 AM

PBS analyzes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140June 26, 2021 6:38 AM

There is nothing wonderful or profound about kpop.

by Anonymousreply 141June 26, 2021 6:48 PM

Felix of Stray Kids is probably the prettiest young man I have ever seen in my life. His voice doesn’t match his face.

by Anonymousreply 142June 29, 2021 3:49 PM

Hyundai bought Boston Dynamics. Here’s BTS dancing with the robot Spot. From today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143June 30, 2021 4:12 AM

The robots dancing. Amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144June 30, 2021 4:18 AM

R142. The last clips (with the peach emojis on his cheeks) are especially cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145July 1, 2021 8:28 AM

R142. Cute and sexy in parts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 1, 2021 8:29 AM

More Felix. He gets a kiss. He’s very likely bi, too. He basically outed himself at a concert.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147July 1, 2021 8:35 AM

Yeah he’s pretty open about liking men and women. Here is a clip that really demonstrates the contrast of his looks versus face. (Other than just watching a m/v)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148July 1, 2021 5:14 PM

Sorry I meant looks versus voice.

by Anonymousreply 149July 1, 2021 5:15 PM

I really like this. So pretty and distinctively East Asian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150July 2, 2021 3:14 AM

Stray Kids are heavy with the gay stuff. It’s cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151July 2, 2021 3:24 AM

It is cute. They are a very likable bunch of young guys.

by Anonymousreply 152July 2, 2021 2:39 PM

Xin Liu from Cpop group The9. I love her androgynous vibe and I think the song is really good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153July 3, 2021 11:35 AM

Any Hyunjin (Stray Kids) fans?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154July 9, 2021 7:15 AM

Yeah. He’s the one who really stands out, even more so than Felix at first.

by Anonymousreply 155July 9, 2021 4:01 PM

They make Hyunjin into this crazy sexy persona on stage. So different from the everyday. His parents' home is pretty basic (he doesn't have his own place).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156July 9, 2021 4:26 PM

They all still live in dorms I am assuming.

by Anonymousreply 157July 9, 2021 4:28 PM

Cute.

Yup, still in the dorm. Same one they started in. They still cook their own food and clean, too.

My favorite. Hyunjin from 6:15 - "20 minutes at 180 degrees in the air fryer".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158July 9, 2021 4:31 PM

High school Hyunjin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159July 9, 2021 4:44 PM

Have you seen Hyunjin’s new dance video? It’s really good!

by Anonymousreply 160July 10, 2021 10:33 AM

Cute Felix

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161July 12, 2021 7:47 AM

He just looks like a doll to me. Almost not real.

by Anonymousreply 162July 12, 2021 10:41 AM

Nice new performance from Hyunjin. He's back after a long hiatus for his school bullying scandal. I do wish he'd have short hair for a while again, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163July 12, 2021 2:12 PM

Sungjoo as an idol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164July 12, 2021 4:51 PM

Sungjoo in the military

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165July 12, 2021 4:52 PM

Just out from The Boyz. It’s a promo track for a new app.

It’s quite gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166July 14, 2021 4:51 AM

Whoops this is the full video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167July 14, 2021 4:55 AM

AIDS metaphor at R167. Vampires + gay.

by Anonymousreply 168July 14, 2021 4:57 AM

Early Felix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169July 16, 2021 5:06 AM

Here’s episode 1 of the Stray Kids survival reality show. It’s pretty interesting actually.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170July 16, 2021 5:45 AM

Is this the series where Chris tells Felix he’ll never leave him behind and to always look for him if Felix needs someone? Very touching.

I have not watched this show but I have seen clips of that scene on TikTok.

by Anonymousreply 171July 18, 2021 10:44 AM

R171, yes. It’s a good show. Ten episodes.

by Anonymousreply 172July 18, 2021 4:02 PM

R171, yes. It’s a good show. 10 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 173July 18, 2021 4:24 PM

Nutty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174July 18, 2021 4:31 PM

Chinese Canadian Kris Wu, C-pop star formerly with Exo, is in deep trouble.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175July 19, 2021 4:15 AM

I’m not saying whether he did this or not but it’s kind of shocking how easily these KPop stars’ careers can be derailed from simple accusations. I mean look at Wonho and even Hyujin having to go on hiatus just because someone accused him of bullying during his school days.

by Anonymousreply 176July 19, 2021 10:01 AM

R176, I'm a huge fan of Hyunjin, but he did admit to bullying. It's over, and he's apologized and everything, but he did admit it. So it wasn't just an accusation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177July 19, 2021 3:16 PM

Oh okay I didn’t realize.

by Anonymousreply 178July 19, 2021 3:19 PM

Wu bring dropped left and tight all day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179July 19, 2021 8:20 PM

*right

by Anonymousreply 180July 19, 2021 8:39 PM

Is Wu even guilty? Has this been proven?

by Anonymousreply 181July 19, 2021 11:21 PM

R181, the police haven’t come to talk with him yet.

There are multiple accusers with some evidence.

Don’t know him, but I like Exo.

by Anonymousreply 182July 19, 2021 11:29 PM

Wu is fucked. More women are coming out with accusations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183July 20, 2021 11:44 AM

Stray Kids performing Twice. I’m sure they loved doing it /s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184July 21, 2021 4:17 AM

The Boys performing Twice in Japan and Taiwan. They hated doing it, I read 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185July 21, 2021 4:22 AM

I’m not a fan of Twice. The girls are all super cute but their music is boring and/or cloying. They are typical of Kpop’s double standard where the men can go hard and be sexual (within reason) but the girls must be demure and restrained. There are exceptions to that rule but Twice’s popularity kind of speaks for the audience preferring the women to be ultra conservative.

by Anonymousreply 186July 21, 2021 9:46 AM

I want to add that this is clear lyrically too. BTS can rap “man or woman, I’ll make you come with my tongue” but no female in KPop could get away with a line like that.

by Anonymousreply 187July 21, 2021 9:48 AM

R186, Confucianism isn't dissimilar from (moderate contemporary) Islam, when it comes to standards for male/female behavior. It's Islam minus god, and minus the foreignness (it's from next door, cf. SE Asian countries like Malaysia et al adopting a truly foreign religion, Islam).

That said, that kind of lyric is extremely unusual. BTS is a little bit "out there" because their company gives them a lot of freedom (relatively speaking) and they're trying (desperate) to be globally appealing (thus the vulgarity).

This video is titled "Confucian boy Lee Juyeon". He's a member of The Boyz. The point for posting it here is that under Confucianism men shouldn't be vulgar (per your "within reason" parenthetical). That BTS lyric is very un-Confucian, obviously.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188July 21, 2021 2:14 PM

This is too funny. The big guy’s girlfriend asked “Are they boys? They’re so pretty.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189July 27, 2021 2:41 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190July 29, 2021 3:28 AM

Jimin and especially JHope are 2 of the best dancers in KPop by far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191July 29, 2021 10:16 AM

😯 wow!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192July 31, 2021 9:44 PM

Centimillionaire Kris Wu may get 10 years in prison. Then he’ll be deported.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193August 1, 2021 11:58 PM

Chris of Stray Kids is in deep shit with black stays for like the 50th time. He has issued an apology but most of them have decided to not accept it. This time they are accusing him of making a Jim Crow pose ( I have no idea what that means) and how that’s deeply offensive.

by Anonymousreply 194August 3, 2021 2:17 PM

Black American K-pop fans and their baizuo allies are VERY touchy about everything. It's nuts. They're always scanning for something to get angry about, and for which to demand an apology. It makes them feel powerful, and in control of, and connected to, the idol.

I wish they'd just drop K-pop altogether. I don't know how many times I've read "As a Black K-pop fan, I'm so tired..." If you're so tired, why not drop that which makes you tired?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195August 3, 2021 2:54 PM

*10 years to life in prison

by Anonymousreply 196August 3, 2021 2:55 PM

I feel bad for Chris. As the leader of the group he is the spokesperson and is apparently the one who keeps stepping his foot in it. I have seen clips of his vlives and he seems like a really good kid to me. I hope he just focuses on making music snd lets the chips fall where they will. You cannot please people who are just living to be offended.

by Anonymousreply 197August 3, 2021 3:04 PM

Bang Chan does the most social media stuff (streams, etc.) for fans. I guess he has to, be each time he does it, he's exposing himself to intense scrutiny. Like what if he scratches his forehead in a way 2 people somehow find racially offensive? It becomes a thing on Twitter, and he has to grovel for forgiveness again. On and on. It sucks.

by Anonymousreply 198August 3, 2021 3:11 PM

Last mongth:

Heesung from Enhypen is accused of singing the n-word in a song he was singing along to. Fans demand an apology, and that the company "address the situation". One fan claims another fan just committed suicide over it. (cough... bullshit ... cough)

Zero word from the idol or his company.

That's how you do it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199August 3, 2021 3:15 PM

*month

by Anonymousreply 200August 3, 2021 3:16 PM

I have to agree. By constantly apologizing it just gives in to temper tantrums being thrown constantly.

by Anonymousreply 201August 3, 2021 3:18 PM

New trailer for TBZ's comeback next week. Cute. Kevin (glass-closeted) is a mess, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202August 3, 2021 3:19 PM

Q from The Boyz and his Chucky doll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203August 3, 2021 4:56 PM

The backlash against Chris is still going strong as KPop fans continue to spread the word that he is a racist. I had no idea that this controversy occurred 3 years ago and he is still expected to continue to apologize. Insanity.

by Anonymousreply 204August 5, 2021 10:35 AM

R204, on Twitter? Losers. They’re not getting more blood out of him.

by Anonymousreply 205August 5, 2021 1:00 PM

There's a Google doc. It's absurd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206August 5, 2021 1:48 PM

TOWARDS BLACK PEOPLE

Hyunjin mimicking a character modeling blackface (2020)

Bang Chan wearing cornrows (2019)

Hyunjin, HAN and Lee Know wearing durags (2019-2020)

TOWARDS SOUTH ASIAN PEOPLE

The Curry Song:

Mocking Cultural Dances:

TOWARDS NATIVE AMERICAN PEOPLE

I.N wearing a necklace featuring a stereotypical depiction of a native american man wearing a headdress

Felix’s dreamcatcher earrings that he has worn on several occasions

by Anonymousreply 207August 5, 2021 1:50 PM

You can tell which cultures think of themselves as losers by the offense taken. Wear a kimono in a music video? The Japanese love it. Britney wearing a hanbok? The Koreans go wild. A fucking trashy durag? ....

by Anonymousreply 208August 5, 2021 1:52 PM

They have a problem with dreamcatcher earrings???

by Anonymousreply 209August 5, 2021 5:35 PM

It's people who want interaction with idols: they want communication and acknowledgement from them. The desperate need... it's really pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 210August 5, 2021 7:06 PM

The best. Romantic yet high-energy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211August 7, 2021 6:22 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212August 7, 2021 6:24 AM

Reportedly one of Kris Wu’s possible victims may be 12 years old.

Jesus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213August 7, 2021 6:37 AM

Much harder than r211’s song, but I love this clip. Changbin and Han can really rap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214August 7, 2021 3:29 PM

Wow that’s intense, R214. Yeah I’m more of q Levanter/I Am You fan.

Today’s Changbin’s birthday, think.

by Anonymousreply 215August 7, 2021 5:36 PM

I can’t tell if they’re really dating. Han and Minho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216August 8, 2021 3:04 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217August 8, 2021 3:07 AM

NYC DLers will recognize places in this. Bleeker St., Prospect Park, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218August 8, 2021 3:10 AM

Hey r215, do you like Skz “God’s Menu”? It took a short bit to grow on me, but I love it now. It’s like some kind of neo-metal in its sound.

by Anonymousreply 219August 9, 2021 10:08 AM

R219, yeah I really like "God's Menu". "Back Door" as well. "Hellevator", and "Mirae", too. I think it's 3Racha's stuff that I find hard to get into, thought I kind of like "Matryoshka" for the "beep beep" sounds in the background.

The Boyz released a new mini-album today. Listening to that now. It's ... ok.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220August 9, 2021 1:40 PM

The BOYZ Thrill Ride is.....meh. They've had better singles. They do look cute as always though.

by Anonymousreply 221August 10, 2021 8:55 PM

I haven’t really listened to any of 3racha’s songs except for Carpe Diem r220. Considering how good Han and Changbin are I might like their stuff a lot. Did you like Chris and Lee Know’s song “Drive”?

I am a huge fan of BTS’ rap line as well. “Ddaeng” is a really great song by them.

by Anonymousreply 222August 11, 2021 9:52 AM

R222, yeah I like "Drive". I converted the YouTube video into an mp3 to put it on my playlist. It's funny that Bang Chan said it's actually about driving, as a joke.

I was just watching this. I can't tell what's going on between Han and Lee Know...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223August 11, 2021 1:40 PM

From 22:25. It's pretty intense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224August 11, 2021 1:51 PM

2:20

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225August 11, 2021 1:53 PM

All of these groups have such intense skinships. I admit I find it interesting because such a thing is so taboo in the states. I saw a video clip where Tae of BTS completely cold shouldered Jungkook because he was jealous and angry that JK wasn’t paying him enough attention.

by Anonymousreply 226August 11, 2021 4:34 PM

I am still new to KPop so there are a lot of groups I don’t know anything about but I know their names. The Boyz, txt, EXO … there are so many more. And those are just the boy bands.

As far as girl groups go I don’t think there are any putting out music with as much crossover appeal as Blackpink. I am interested in MAMaMoo (horrible name) as I love the members. Individually they are each really interesting. I am also curious about Red Velvet.

Anyway Kihyun of Monsta X was recorded singing some old standards recently. He has an incredible voice! I hope that group can survive as each member is due for military service.

by Anonymousreply 227August 12, 2021 10:42 AM

There are so many groups, R227, right? I generally just stick to two or three groups, and if I happen to hear a song I like from another group, it's possible I start following them, too. Or I might just add their top songs to a playlist but not really get to know them: I like Twice, and listen to several of their songs a lot, but I don't really know who's who, or anything else about them, really. Same with Itzy. I used to listen to Red Velvet, until I learned that Irene is a terrible, abusive person, after which I couldn't listen anymore.

TXT, The Boyz (TBZ), and Stray Kids (SKZ), all 4th-gen boy groups, are the ones I'm following rather closely, I watch their music videos and YouTube content (variety shows, their own content other than music videos), casually keep up with developments in their schedules, etc., and I'll watch their VLIVE streams every now and then. Fan videos, too, like those Minsung (Minho + Jisung from Stray Kids) videos.

There are many shows streaming for free here. Most of it is unavailable on YouTube. No ads, either. You can just search for the name of the group, and it's possible they have something (Monsta X, for example). I really liked "Kingdom" and "Kingdom: Legendary War", two recent boy group survival shows ("Kingdom" came first).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228August 12, 2021 1:48 PM

I Just want to mention that Monsta X refused to participate in kingdom due to their busy schedules so Mnet has blackballed them. Which is so petty.

by Anonymousreply 229August 12, 2021 3:03 PM

PS I like Itzy and they have the potential to be awesome, but their songs are only so-so IMO.

by Anonymousreply 230August 12, 2021 3:05 PM

I love when Felix does aegyo or just generally cute things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231August 12, 2021 5:45 PM

This was fun: Stray Kids go to Australia. Two episodes. Here's episode 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232August 12, 2021 6:08 PM

Episode 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233August 12, 2021 6:10 PM

I have no idea of this group SF9 but this members fancam is always on my YouTube feed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234August 13, 2021 12:14 PM

This is too cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235August 14, 2021 4:26 PM

Are the Stray Kids fans on here liking the teasers they have released so far? I liked the clips I have seen of “Domino” which is supposed to be a b-side I think.

by Anonymousreply 236August 15, 2021 12:37 PM

I like the video, but not the refrain. Also, as usual, Felix’s voice is too low to be audible in parts, like the refrain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237August 15, 2021 6:51 PM

I agree that it’s hard to hear Felix. In production couldn’t they have done things to amplify his voice? He looks great in the video I will say though.

by Anonymousreply 238August 16, 2021 11:24 AM

This was pretty hilarious. Han is consistently very funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239August 16, 2021 2:20 PM

Part 2 of 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240August 16, 2021 2:20 PM

Wu is doomed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241August 17, 2021 5:21 AM

Sociopath

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242August 19, 2021 4:28 AM

Arrogant fuck is going to prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243August 19, 2021 4:30 AM

Lucas of NCT - turns out he's a cheating manwhore with a taste for luxury goods in exchange for meetups lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244August 25, 2021 5:14 PM

Gaslighting + money leeching. Sounds sociopathic. Lucas is Chinese + Thai, I think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245August 25, 2021 5:31 PM

Korea needs to do this. Smart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246August 27, 2021 2:17 PM

BTS fans are in an uproar because of the recent billboard interview where they were asked about chart manipulation. I really love this group but I find their die hard fans borderline psychotic. Even RM felt it was a fair question.

by Anonymousreply 247August 27, 2021 2:57 PM

The Boyz’s Jacob three years ago. Very cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248August 31, 2021 5:16 AM

Eunwoo. Cute video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249September 2, 2021 6:56 PM

Exo with Trump and Ivanka. Jared too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250September 3, 2021 2:37 AM

More Exo and Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251September 3, 2021 2:41 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252September 6, 2021 6:08 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253September 8, 2021 4:09 PM

From today. It’s Han from Stray Kids. It’s pretty funny and cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254September 11, 2021 5:33 PM

Han’s supposed boyfriend Lee Know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255September 11, 2021 5:41 PM

Bangchan and Hyunjin serve up some software porn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256September 13, 2021 11:30 PM

*softcore

by Anonymousreply 257September 13, 2021 11:59 PM

Today was Han’s birthday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258September 14, 2021 5:52 AM

Han is pretty much my favorite SKZ. He seems like such a sweet guy combined with a good sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 259September 14, 2021 1:46 PM

Han's Time Sq birthday billboard yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260September 14, 2021 2:22 PM

Han live just now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261September 14, 2021 2:45 PM

Han in Dior.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262September 14, 2021 2:53 PM

Han and Minho - Check out the scene at 0:12. Pretty obvious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263September 14, 2021 3:41 PM

Goofing on Hyunjin's recent haitus-end dance video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264September 14, 2021 6:44 PM

It's Felix's birthday (he and Han are 1 or 2 days apart).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265September 15, 2021 3:33 PM

Stray Kids and The Boyz love each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266September 17, 2021 3:30 PM

KPop is really hard to enjoy with SO many obnoxious fans crying cultural appropriation every second of every day. It’s crazy making.

by Anonymousreply 267September 19, 2021 11:40 PM

R267, I just ignore it, as most Asian fans do. No one cares about what woke girls on Twitter say.

It's losers from more primitive cultures and their Western baizuo self-appointed advocates.

by Anonymousreply 268September 20, 2021 12:58 AM

The latest from SKZ. Felix wrote it with two others, Minho ("Lee Know") and Changbin. It's cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269September 20, 2021 1:04 AM

Lee Know visiting his parents, grandmother, and cats. From last week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270September 20, 2021 1:12 AM

Very hopeful speeches from BTS at the UN today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271September 20, 2021 9:28 PM

Here's SKZ in LA early last year. They went to an outlet mall of all places. Probably because there'd be fewer people there.

I'm a bit old to go to their concerts. However, if they have one in LA, I might try to find some seating out of the way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272September 21, 2021 4:40 PM

You should go and get what ever seating is best to enjoy the show! One thing I have learned about KPop is that it has a very wide range of fans age-wise. Hell, Coldplay just collaborated with BTS on a new song.

Speaking of BTS, they seemed to have really enjoyed working with Coldplay and I get the impression that overall their experiences in England have been way more positive than in America. Makes me feel bad since I’m American.

Back to SKZ. Bang Chan did a Vlive the other day and got a bit testy with some of the fans. Mildly so. Apparently Vlive SKZ fans are aggressive and whiny so he lost his patience a bit which I thought was funny.

In other news, Lisa of Blackpink had to apologize for wearing box braids in her latest video as supposedly that was considered cultural appropriation. 🙄 The beat goes on.

by Anonymousreply 273September 27, 2021 5:18 PM

R273, I saw the absurd Lisa thing. I can't believe that K-pop is making me a reactionary to the PC stuff now.

by Anonymousreply 274October 1, 2021 1:37 PM

K-Pop has to be the worst thing to happen to pop music since music was created. Rag on rap and hip hop all you wanna, but this shit is stank.

by Anonymousreply 275October 1, 2021 3:02 PM

I like Hyunjin's new shorter hair. It's been over a year with the long hair. The new cut is refreshing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276October 1, 2021 3:16 PM

[quote] You should go and get what ever seating is best to enjoy the show! One thing I have learned about KPop is that it has a very wide range of fans age-wise.

Eh. I hate how the audience sings along in the West anyway.

I was going to try to get BTS tickets next week, however. I could always resell them.

by Anonymousreply 277October 1, 2021 3:28 PM

From today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278October 10, 2021 3:39 AM

Hyunjae from The Boyz. Very cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279October 10, 2021 3:43 AM

Did anyone get BTS LA tickets? I can't believe it's just a month from now.

by Anonymousreply 280October 13, 2021 5:50 PM

Are you going r280?

by Anonymousreply 281October 13, 2021 7:37 PM

R281, no, I didn't get tickets. Wasn't able to.

by Anonymousreply 282October 13, 2021 11:39 PM

Not their usual genre, but still very nice. Jisung is great with Seungmin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283October 14, 2021 1:15 AM

Han is super cute here. He's the "ending fairy" as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284October 25, 2021 3:19 AM

The Boyz's new mini album Maverick, coming November 2.

It looks like dystopian survival game plus the Black Spark porn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285October 25, 2021 6:27 AM

Did anybody catch BTS’ online concert? I missed it and I think you had to be a member of their fan club to see it anyway. Not sure. Jungkook dyed his hair a mint green! I hate it. Not that he asked for my opinion. But overall it was said to be a good show,

by Anonymousreply 286October 25, 2021 12:31 PM

I actually didn't know about it, R286. I thought the LA concert was last weekend, until I noticed it's on the same dates in November.

I'm waiting for a Stray Kids concert. I think tickets will be easier to snag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287October 29, 2021 1:45 PM

Juyeon of The Boyz is really cute. His voice is sweet as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288October 30, 2021 1:40 AM

Hyunjin of Stay Kids painting during his VLIVE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289November 1, 2021 4:24 AM

The full VLIVE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290November 1, 2021 4:26 AM

First part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291November 1, 2021 4:27 AM

BTS won 3 major awards from the AMA and they could not have been more thrilled. I am so happy they won. It’s been very cool watching the video clips of them at the AMAs making history.

by Anonymousreply 292November 22, 2021 7:12 PM

Did anyone watch a livestream of the 4 concerts BTS recently put on in California? If so, what did you think?

by Anonymousreply 293December 8, 2021 2:07 PM

I’m hoping this thread will resurrect.

I only saw clips of the performances but they and the audience seemed to be having a great time. I heard there was some degree of controversy because the crowd wasn’t as interactive beyond just cheering. Korean style concerts involve a lot of crowd responses beyond just cheering and screaming. These crowds were somewhat underwhelming in that way because so many didn’t know the fan chants and other traditions.

Personally I think that is great news. It shows how they are still gaining huge swaths of new fans so of course they aren’t as familiar with how everything goes down at a K-pop concert. They’ll learn.

by Anonymousreply 294December 9, 2021 12:26 PM

Cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295December 10, 2021 4:50 AM

Stray Kids at this year's MAMA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296December 11, 2021 3:58 PM

There’s this podcast hosted by a couple of former idols including one that is still in a group. They have talked about how fans would be quite surprised how different the idols are from their public image. The one group they have said is exactly as they present themselves to be is Stray Kids. They are well liked.

by Anonymousreply 297December 20, 2021 10:57 AM

Hyunjin's drawings and paintings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298December 21, 2021 5:01 PM

Part 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299December 21, 2021 5:03 PM

The Boyz get drunk for the holidays.

I'm surprised the company had them do this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300December 24, 2021 10:43 PM

Jisung and Minho from Stray Kids. 🌈

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301December 25, 2021 1:12 AM

Anderson and Andy being eldergays at around 27:40.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302December 26, 2021 4:26 AM

This performance is trending n K-pop Twitter today. It's a cover of what is apparently an iconic song with a famous high note. Cho Seungyoun ("Woodz") managed to hit it. He was a rapper in Uniq but has achieved some success as a soloist. But I'm watching Hyungjin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303December 26, 2021 7:18 AM

A nice happy article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304February 9, 2022 3:40 PM

Nice fancam. The Boyz singing Mirotic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305February 11, 2022 6:33 AM

Stray Kids practicing God's Menu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306February 11, 2022 6:35 AM

TXT from the other day. I only just noticed that it's all in English.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307February 11, 2022 6:52 AM

Whoever mentioned Jacob above, I thought he looks nice here and dances well. Cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308February 26, 2022 6:26 AM

I'm getting into Enhypen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309February 26, 2022 6:28 AM

There is a new band on the block signed by Big Hit. They haven’t debuted yet and don’t even have an official name I don’t think. But one of the members is a kid by the name of JJ who is an amazing dancer. Just next level in his style.

I want to find a good clip of him that accurately reflects how good he is.

by Anonymousreply 310February 26, 2022 12:40 PM

I can’t link to TikTok which is too bad. I had a great clip.

by Anonymousreply 311February 26, 2022 12:53 PM

New Stray Kids album, Oddinary, 3/18/22.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312February 28, 2022 3:04 AM

Felix from today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313February 28, 2022 5:06 PM

Cute practice video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314March 1, 2022 5:06 AM

This was so sweet, I teared up a bit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315March 2, 2022 5:34 AM

I am really starting to like Tomorrow x Together. Not crazy about their name but their sound is imo, such an interesting intermingling of heavy metal, pop punk and dance music all with excellent choreography and dancing.

by Anonymousreply 316March 2, 2022 11:43 AM

R316, everyone just says "TXT." It's less cringe that way. Soobin's my bias.

by Anonymousreply 317March 2, 2022 3:52 PM

I really like this from Enhypen, but it makes me feel a weird 80s grossness at the same time. Like Flock of Seagulls's "I Ran" or "Sweet Dreams" by Eurythmics. And the shorts when they're in the red and black rugbys are weird and distracting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318March 2, 2022 5:06 PM

Yeah I can hear the 80’s influence in the chorus.

As far as the costuming, a lot of styling in K-pop is pretty awful, imo. I feel guilty saying that as I think that it’s because I am looking at it through an American lens rather than having an open mind in regards to different tastes and perspectives. Or perhaps I’m taking it way too seriously!

by Anonymousreply 319March 2, 2022 5:22 PM

I’ve come around to enjoying ENHYPEN more than I thought I would. Like their label mates TXT, their sound is in a similar vein of pop rock, house and retro pop. Their latest album really delivers on the throwback sound and their choreography is immaculate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320March 3, 2022 4:44 AM

R320, I really like Sunghoon. Jungwon, too.

And Sunoo, in part because he's very likely one of us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321March 3, 2022 5:05 AM

More Sunghoon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322March 3, 2022 5:06 AM

R310, they're a group of male trainees who'll likely comprise the next group. JJ and this kid Lorch are both Thai.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323March 3, 2022 5:09 AM

Yorch*. JJ is in that video, too, near the end.

by Anonymousreply 324March 3, 2022 5:12 AM

R320, did you watch I-Land, the reality survival show where Enhypen was created?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325March 3, 2022 5:24 AM

R320 a trailer for I-Land.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326March 3, 2022 5:25 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327March 3, 2022 5:26 AM

R321 I’m pretty sure Sunoo is queer. I have my suspicions about Niki too.

Yes r325 I watched the whole I-Land reality show and It’s why I’m more invested in them compared to other recent boybands. The shit they went through really bonded them together.

IMO the most impactful bond is the one between Jay and Jungwon. Ever since the show they have been each other’s security blanket. A very interesting “brotherly love” bond.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328March 3, 2022 5:39 AM

I'm looking for sweet Jungwon/Sunghoon fanfiction.

by Anonymousreply 329March 3, 2022 6:09 AM

I read that JJ is from Japan and is half American.

by Anonymousreply 330March 3, 2022 11:32 AM

R330, I think you're right I'm not sure why he says he's Thai in the video at r323. I think he's kidding there.

by Anonymousreply 331March 3, 2022 12:48 PM

The only reason I mentioned JJ’s nationality is because I see a lot of American influence in JJ’s dance style. But he is really a unique mixture of so many influences.

by Anonymousreply 332March 3, 2022 1:03 PM

^that post came off snotty even that wasn’t how it was intended. I was just using talk about JJ’s nationality as a way to bring up his dancing again.

by Anonymousreply 333March 3, 2022 8:28 PM

R333, I didn't perceived any snottiness at all.

by Anonymousreply 334March 3, 2022 8:39 PM

Ok good.

by Anonymousreply 335March 3, 2022 9:52 PM

ENHYPEN’s Heesung before and after the knife..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336March 4, 2022 1:34 PM

Enhypen does indeed seen to have a few guys with surgery. Sunghoon and Jake with the nose, too. I still think no one in The Boyz has had surgery, and only Taehyun among the TXT boys has had it.

by Anonymousreply 337March 4, 2022 1:37 PM

Cute Halloween video.

Apple, persimmon, mango, watermelon, blueberry, mangosteen, peach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338March 4, 2022 1:40 PM

*seem to have

by Anonymousreply 339March 4, 2022 1:42 PM

Is anyone here watching any Korean BL dramas?

by Anonymousreply 340March 4, 2022 7:45 PM

Stray Kids world tour. I'm going to try to get tickets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341March 6, 2022 9:26 PM

Enhypen's leader is one of their younger members, Jungwon. He's cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342March 7, 2022 6:10 AM

Enhypen's leader is one of the youngest members, Jungwon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343March 7, 2022 6:10 AM

Sorry about the double post.

by Anonymousreply 344March 7, 2022 6:11 AM

Enjoy the show r341. Give a report afterwards please. I’d love to know crowd size and overall impression of them as performers.

by Anonymousreply 345March 7, 2022 11:20 AM

I’m hoping more KPOP acts start touring again in the states now that COVID restrictions are less. TWICE seem to have a successful tour so far. I’m waiting for acts like GOT7 to tour again in the US. But with military enlistment looming I’m not sure it’ll be possible.

by Anonymousreply 346March 7, 2022 9:19 PM

Q from The Boyz looks really cute here. The guy with darker hair. The thumbnail doesn't capture it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347March 9, 2022 6:11 AM

Korean election coverage today. Using Aespa's music. The whole thread is fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348March 9, 2022 5:54 PM

More.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349March 9, 2022 5:56 PM

I'll leave this here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350March 9, 2022 6:11 PM

My beloved Soobin has COVID.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351March 12, 2022 2:40 AM

Soobin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352March 12, 2022 2:44 AM

I freaking love this, from I-Land.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353March 15, 2022 5:09 AM

Stray Kids comeback just posted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354March 18, 2022 2:59 PM

Some Americans are such morons. Everything's about them.

Soon they'll demand that the Korean language, thousands of years old, change their word for "you." Entitled pricks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355March 20, 2022 3:42 PM

BTS have to self-censor for the dummies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356March 20, 2022 3:44 PM

Bored children looking for things to be outraged about but too stupid to see their own hypocritical idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 357March 20, 2022 3:50 PM

I know there isn’t much interest in Blackpink on this thread but I continue to be blown away by Lisa’s dancing. She makes difficult moves look [italic]easy[/italic] and she has a feminine style that works well for K-pop at the same time.

Another great female dancer is Yeji from Itzy (who is also just absolutely gorgeous.) That’s not to say that there aren’t other great female dancers, just that she and Lisa are the two who are known for how good they are.

Also regarding Blackpink, fans are really pissed off that it has been so long since their last comeback. Personally I think it’s great that they have been given time to pursue endorsement opportunities with fashion companies. It’s good money and a perk of their fame.

Finally, I wonder if Twice has enjoyed performing in America? I am not sure if this is their first extensive tour here or not. But the crowd size has been quite large and it seems they are very popular in the states.

by Anonymousreply 358March 22, 2022 10:52 AM

Just posted. "Spider Web". I like it better than Maniac.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359March 22, 2022 3:35 PM

"Spiderweb" rather.

by Anonymousreply 360March 22, 2022 3:41 PM

Oh I really like Maniac. It grabbed me right away. I love how SKZ are just doing their thing and have made their own sound.

by Anonymousreply 361March 22, 2022 11:51 PM

This SKZ dance video for Maniac is a lot of fun. It starts off a bit slow but then it warms up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362March 23, 2022 12:23 AM

R362 thanks. That was great. I really like their hair this comeback. Maniac is really good. I just like Spiderweb a tiny bit better for it's creepy vibe. Just found that it's called Venom on Spotify.

by Anonymousreply 363March 23, 2022 12:46 AM

Some of the dance moves in that video made me scream like a 14 year old fan girl r363. I also really understood the costuming in the video. The pops of color mixed in with all the black, Felix in the long leather skirt -the whole 9 yards.

by Anonymousreply 364March 23, 2022 12:59 AM

PS it was the choreography for the chorus’ that made me scream specifically. So so good.

by Anonymousreply 365March 23, 2022 1:03 AM

R364, can you please explain what's up with the costuming? I like it but I'm not catching the meaning behind it.

I like the grinding part here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366March 23, 2022 2:07 AM

*I meant choruses at r365. That typo really bugs me.

I gotta think how I can articulate what I saw in the costuming. I was high when I posted that and it’s slipped away at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 367March 23, 2022 2:16 AM

Pretty much everyone from Stray Kids got COVID. such a shame when they just made their comeback.

by Anonymousreply 368March 23, 2022 1:01 PM

Stray Kids introduce the new album.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369March 23, 2022 7:20 PM

That’s too bad! I hope they recover soon.

About the costumes: what I really liked was the pops of purple and neon green which is straight out of the 80’s but with a twist because it’s small amounts of the pop colors mixed in with large amounts of black (in the 80’s it was the reverse) It also brings in some vibrant color which is the trademark look for a lot of Kpop videos. All the black leather is true to SKZ’ aesthetic while onstage, but suits the song because it makes references to Frankenstein and dark stuff like that. I.N. Was dressed like a high end butcher referencing the song title again (think Texas chainsaw Massacre.) There were Michael Jackson style elements in some of the other members outfits. I know MJ is still loved in SK (by artists such as Rain) so that didn’t surprise me. Felix looked like a black leather New Wave version of a haute couture model on the runway.

There are a lot of retro type elements in SKZ costuming. A lot of it is kind of a call back to 80’s hair metal bands, but a modern day version of that, I think.

by Anonymousreply 370March 23, 2022 7:27 PM

PS the Michael Jackson elements referenced his outfits from the “Bad” album era.

by Anonymousreply 371March 23, 2022 7:33 PM

I have even more detail that I didn’t even write believe or not.

by Anonymousreply 372March 23, 2022 8:01 PM

R359 Hyunjin is really cute there.

by Anonymousreply 373March 24, 2022 5:48 AM

Sorry, didn’t mean to kill the thread with my ramblings above.

by Anonymousreply 374March 24, 2022 10:33 AM

It's fine, R374. Your observations were interesting.

by Anonymousreply 375March 24, 2022 2:37 PM

Thank you r375. It’s through an American lens. I don’t have enough knowledge about SK fashion influences/ designers to analyze it differently.

by Anonymousreply 376March 24, 2022 3:46 PM

The Apple TV+ adaptation of Pachinko premiered today. It looks good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377March 25, 2022 3:54 PM

The choreography here is beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378March 26, 2022 5:39 AM

This is about the loveliest song I've heard in the last few years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379March 26, 2022 6:33 AM

I love this. From I-LAND, with all five guys ending up in the final group.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380March 28, 2022 7:35 PM

Stray Kids album Oddinary tops the Billboard charts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381March 29, 2022 8:30 PM

My God. Is Madison Cawthorn there?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382April 1, 2022 6:50 PM

Vegas is already purple for the BTS concerts at the stadium.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383April 2, 2022 2:22 PM

V dancing in Vegas (last night) at a low-key boomer lounge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384April 2, 2022 2:36 PM

That’s pretty wild r283.

So far on SKZ new album I love Maniac, Venom and Charmer. Haven’t worked my way through the other songs yet.

by Anonymousreply 385April 2, 2022 4:56 PM

^ I meant r383.

by Anonymousreply 386April 3, 2022 1:02 PM

I'm reading Enhypen fanfic. Just started this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387April 3, 2022 4:49 PM

BTS from last Sunday's Grammys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388April 5, 2022 3:16 PM

At the risk of unleashing the wrath of the Army, I found that BTS performance dated and underwhelming. They seem like sweet and talented boys, but why are they the face of K-pop in the U.S.? IMO Stray Kids vastly preferable, like in this goofy vampire/zombie take on Maniac.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389April 6, 2022 4:24 PM

R389, I agree. All of Hybe's groups seem overly polished and controlled now.

While I find some of the Enhypen guys pretty sexy, and others very cute, it's like that: just bland and muted; very little fun anymore (I know Enhypen's purpose-created Belift is a joint venture with CJ E&M, but they're fundamentally a Hybe product). Everything is polished and "cool" (Enhypen's members say they're about a "luxury" image), and that translate to bland. TXT is extremely controlled and assiduously maintains a cute, blandly "fun" image.

BTS seems weighted down and muted by their almost-mainstream success in America, business interests (so many brand endorsements, and the stock price), and the responsibilities they've taken on as representatives of Korea (speaking at the UN, diplomatic passports, military exemptions, etc.); they have to play it safe now. Also, trying to appeal to America has perhaps counterintuitively muted them, because they always have to be polished and cool, and they have to watch what they say and do every second, for fear of offending some American teenage activist on Twitter, etc.

When BTS and Hybe donated to Black Lives Matter, and made sure to publicize it, that told me "Oh, they're 'global corporate' now; they're like Amazon donating to BLM and the like. Next they'll donate to HRC and Stop Asian Hate (i.e., super corporate mainstream organizations that take corporate money)." Same with speaking at the UN and talking about it on ABC News with I think Juju Chang (of course). They're almost like Samsung now; just established, reliable, and polished.

This is the supposed "fun day" of Enhypen's Sunghoon. It's seems they scheduled it to be as boring as possible. It's pretty awful.

Stray Kids is probably going to be the face of K-pop in America soon. There's got to be some emotional connection. For me, the emotional connection to BTS has faded a lot, whereas I'm very in tune with Stray Kids's fun energy. Both Stray Kids (SKZ) and Enhypen are 4th generation, but it's like night and day between them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390April 6, 2022 5:14 PM

Here's a video with clips of Han and Minho from Stray Kids possibly getting caught messing around by Hyunjin. Seems they may have been making out and then looking for a room to continue in, with Han getting caught with a boner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391April 6, 2022 5:23 PM

R390, beautifully expressed! And yes--that barista schtick was kinda cringe.

by Anonymousreply 392April 6, 2022 5:30 PM

Vegas is ready for BTS this weekend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393April 8, 2022 8:50 PM

K-pop's adorable dorky cousin J-pop: Takazawa Kabuki Zero on Netflix, starring Snow Man. Best part--shirtless taiko drum number (see leader Iwamoto's abs). Snow Man is now starring in a live action Mr. Osomatsu movie as loser sextuplets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394April 10, 2022 11:53 PM

BTS played in Vegas Friday and yesterday, and will have two more concerts next Friday and Saturday. Looks like it was fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395April 11, 2022 3:46 AM

Enhypen's Heeseung removed the silicone implant in his nose. I hope he has it put back in. He was so cute with it.

Sunghoon also removed his, but it's not as noticeable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396April 11, 2022 4:19 AM

Namjoon has said in Vlives that BTS plans to return to their roots artistically. Meaning no more catering to western audiences with songs entirely in English written by Americans. He was much more diplomatic in how he said it, but that was the gist.

by Anonymousreply 397April 11, 2022 1:27 PM

R397, that'd be great.

by Anonymousreply 398April 11, 2022 4:06 PM

Cute. Singing Twice in Japan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399April 14, 2022 3:02 AM

An entire fan club concert in Japan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400April 14, 2022 3:04 AM

[quote] [R397], that'd be great.

What was interesting to me about the AMAs is that while most of the members looked happy about their wins, Jimin did not. The entire night he looked really wary.

Of course it’s impossible to say what was on his mind that night, but American fans noticed that he didn’t look happy. I can’t help but wonder if he was worried about what the future of BTS would be now that they have cracked America so handily. Later Jimin posted a short video of himself bowing in gratitude which was certainly very gracious, but his smile looked forced. I felt bad for him that night.

It was after the AMAs (if I recall correctly) that Namjoon started to talk about BTS returning to their roots. At the very least, Namjoon did not seem terribly upset about the Grammy loss.

Of all the members it’s really Yoongi who is the most driven overall and in regards to winning American awards. He is very honest about how ambitious he is in regards to the American market.

by Anonymousreply 401April 14, 2022 11:39 AM

I really prefer BTS's Korean songs. I don't like really like Dynamite, Butter, or PTD. I'm Asian, and hearing people with Asian accents sing in English just makes me cringe; probably my own neuroses at play, but it's just how it is with me. Also, their Korean songs generally have more meaning behind them, cf. the English songs, which are written by Americans.

I really liked this version of Namjoon's Spring Day, sung by a famous pansori singer in pansori style (han-imbued plaintive singing style originally developed by Joseon period peasantry).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402April 14, 2022 1:41 PM

Jackson Wang at Coachella

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403April 18, 2022 12:31 AM

There was quite a turn out at Coachella with not only Jackson, but CL reuniting with her 2NE1 members.

by Anonymousreply 404April 18, 2022 11:57 AM

Jungkook is in hot water because he took a pic with Jay Park. I guess they are doing a collab of some kind. People say Jay is anti-Muslim because he compared himself to Allah. He sounds like a funny guy though I don’t know much about him.

by Anonymousreply 405April 20, 2022 1:53 AM

I love this. I hope it becomes the main way fandoms express their love, rather than buying those billboards and subway ads for their favorite idols.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406April 20, 2022 5:27 AM

I'm so over BTS. I agree that Stray Kids should take over as "ambassadors" of KPOP. Just as talented and overall more handsome as a group. However the most important aspect of them is that they seem more down to earth and less manufactured (if that's even possible).

Below is a vlog from ENHYPENs Heeseung. I didn't know you could reverse a nose surgery like that. I think he looks more handsome this way. The bit with him in the karaoke bar is interesting. Excellent singer, plus you get a glimpse of his natural singing style. He has more of an RnB inflection when he sings. It's a shame the label reigns in his vocals to the style that they want.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407April 20, 2022 10:52 AM

I kind of marvel at BTS and the pressure the members are under to be perfect at all times. Most groups would have long lost their shit and cracked. They never seem to slip. Even when Namjoon gets a tad irritable it’s been an appropriate response for the situation.

That said, I do wish they weren’t so gummed up with sponsorship deals. I am sick to death of all the Louis Vuitton, for example.

by Anonymousreply 408April 21, 2022 11:51 AM

This arrangement of Given-Taken is pretty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409April 22, 2022 4:25 AM

Enhypen reacting to their first MV. It's from a while back but cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410April 22, 2022 4:25 AM

Ticketmaster pricing for platinum seats for SKZ has been insane with some going for as much as 1500.00!

by Anonymousreply 411April 23, 2022 8:22 AM

I totally missed SKZ tickets going on sale. I'm not paying the crazy resale prices.

by Anonymousreply 412April 23, 2022 5:41 PM

I hope Enhypen does a world tour.

by Anonymousreply 413April 23, 2022 5:42 PM

Why are KPOP tour tickets so expensive? I tried to go to a TWICE concert and I balked at the high prices.

by Anonymousreply 414April 23, 2022 10:49 PM

Cute. Momo and Jihyo dance with the boys at the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415April 24, 2022 3:10 AM

I want to go to a Twice concert. Looks so fun. I like their lightstick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416April 24, 2022 3:47 AM

I’ve been obsessing over BangChan the past few weeks. I think he looks just like Wonho but his personality is so enduring. It makes him 10 times cuter. He has a fantastic body too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417April 24, 2022 4:38 AM

*endearing

by Anonymousreply 418April 24, 2022 4:39 AM

Extra Stray Kids dates added.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419April 24, 2022 5:11 AM

Bomin of Golden Child was super cute. He had surgery recently and it's kind of ruined his cuteness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420April 26, 2022 4:25 AM

Thought of Bomin because I was watching this just now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421April 26, 2022 4:27 AM

Enhypen's noses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422April 26, 2022 4:30 AM

[quote] Enhypen's noses.

It’s obvious that Heeseung and Sunghoon had work done. For Jay and Jake I think they grew into their features.

by Anonymousreply 423April 27, 2022 12:52 AM

[quote]They mention a girl. I’m confused.

Half of DL calls each other "girl" or "gurl," so there's not much to be confused about.

by Anonymousreply 424April 27, 2022 1:51 AM

Enhypen's new Japanese album selling big apparently. Ni-Ki, who's in the thumbnail, is the only Japanese member, right?

Are Japanese videos typically more static and staid? I noticed their music shows are like that, at least, when compared to the Korean ones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425May 6, 2022 2:21 PM

The Boyz are in the US later this month. They also look depressed and exhausted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426May 6, 2022 4:38 PM

R425 Yes most of J-Pop videos and stages are sedate compared to their Korean counterparts. Another thing the Japanese do (I don't think it's the case anymore) is have shortened videos. It forced fans to buy the singles or DVD to hear/see musical acts. In the age of streaming, I think it's a thing of the past.

I'm still waiting for ENHYPEN's Japanese counterparts, the Audition Boys to debut. They need to hurry up with their reality show and choose the other members.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427May 13, 2022 3:27 AM

The latest from The Boyz, from their new Japanese album. It's pretty bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428May 19, 2022 3:53 AM

I want him so badly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429June 17, 2022 4:53 AM

Heeseung 💜

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430June 22, 2022 4:04 AM

Enhypen comeback show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431July 6, 2022 3:52 AM

The &Audition survival show has started. Enhypen appears.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432July 9, 2022 7:30 AM

I'm getting into STAYC. They're kick-ass — better than Blackpink, IMO. I'm going to collect their albums.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433July 12, 2022 8:37 AM

[quote] I'm getting dangerously close here to starting a K-pop glossary to explain what "bias," "bias wrecker," "maknae," "rap lines," etc., are, but for now, all you really need to know is that K-pop fans love being K-pop fans, and why wouldn't they? Idols are lab-designed to be fawned over, and with their own group TikTok accounts, live videos where they're eating and chatting with fans, troves of performance footage, music videos, behind-the-scenes training clips, and talk-show appearances, the groups leave a conspicuous internet breadcrumb trail designed to suck you in. Once you start clicking around K-pop Twitter or TikTok, the algorithm reacts; it won't be long until your feeds are populated with fancams from performances or roundups of idols' audition stories. When that happens, you've reached the event horizon: You're on the precipice of being a full-blown K-pop stan, friend. Let the Hallyu Wave sweep you away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434July 13, 2022 1:00 AM

Some of Enhypen might be sexy, but they're jerks. They're bullying the possibly gay member, Sunoo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435July 21, 2022 4:52 AM

More about the bullying but Enhypen. Towards the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436July 21, 2022 4:53 AM

Stray Kids (SKZ) just finished the last show of the US part of their world tour. They're in LA, heading back home soon.

They'll be at KCON August 19-21!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437July 22, 2022 1:41 PM

Lee Know and Han from Stray Kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438July 23, 2022 12:18 AM

Jackson Wang - Cruel. He's making it a point to have female leads in his solo videos recently but i'm sure he's an undercover queer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439July 30, 2022 12:18 AM

BTS’ J-Hope put on a great show last night at Lollapalooza. I watched it on Hulu and really enjoyed a lot of it.

by Anonymousreply 440August 1, 2022 10:17 AM

Anyone going to KCON LA?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441August 4, 2022 5:19 AM

I made plans to go see Sunmi in September already. If I had known about this lineup i might have gone to this instead!

by Anonymousreply 442August 7, 2022 3:03 PM

KCON's a good value, if you're into several of the groups there. I bought a Stray Kids lightstick for Saturday.

by Anonymousreply 443August 10, 2022 3:31 PM

K-pop Flex concert in Frankfurt in May. Enhypen was there. High quality video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444August 18, 2022 2:33 AM

The rest of Enhypen's performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445August 18, 2022 2:37 AM

Enhypen's best awards performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446August 18, 2022 6:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!